PDA

View Full Version : "Laser-brain", really?

JediTricks
06-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Not sure why, but that phrase stuck in my mind last night, it's pretty goofy, just take a spacey word and use it as an insult, not even a made-up word like nerf-herder either. As it's used, it seems particularly out of place, much more a '70s insult than a SW insult, though it actually could mean the opposite - focused, fast minded.

El Chuxter
06-04-2007, 10:28 PM
The alternative was "rocket butt." I think Lucas chose wisely.

JediTricks
06-05-2007, 12:10 AM
The alternative was "rocket butt." I think Lucas chose wisely.
I can see Carrie Fisher making that line work. The context might have been confusing though.

JON9000
06-05-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh, my, I'd forgotten about the unfortunate "Lazer-Brain" line, paired with the equally unfortunate "scruffy-looking nerf-herder" business. I do have to hand it to Ms. Fisher, she seemed genuinely miffed, which must be difficult when on the inside you are cringing at the words coming out of your mouth.

Qui-Long Gone
06-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Her calling Chewie a walking carpet was pretty damn funny...

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't mind the scruffy-looking nerf-herder line, it's foreign enough that it sounds genuine to that universe. But I can't abide "laser brain", it's worse than Panaka's "sitting ducks".

Walking carpet is a heavily underappreciated line. :D

JimJamBonds
06-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Not sure why, but that phrase stuck in my mind last night, it's pretty goofy, just take a spacey word and use it as an insult, not even a made-up word like nerf-herder either. As it's used, it seems particularly out of place, much more a '70s insult than a SW insult, though it actually could mean the opposite - focused, fast minded.

Maybe in the next round of re-releasing the OT that line will be removed for something more SW like.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:03 AM
"I don't know where you get your delusions, Windy Starkiller mouth!"

stillakid
06-07-2007, 12:13 PM
Maybe in the next round of re-releasing the OT that line will be removed for something more SW like.

WIZARD!!!!

Jargo
06-07-2007, 07:20 PM
was it a boffo colour when Anakin originally described the colour of the airspeeder to Obi-Wan?.

Rogue II
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM

Chewbacca found it funny. It isn't wise to upset a Wookie.

2-1B
06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
was it a boffo colour when Anakin originally described the colour of the airspeeder to Obi-Wan?.

gonzo lol lol

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 07:53 PM
gonzo lol lol
Dang, you beat me to it. :p

Chewie has a lowbrow sense of humor. ;)

2-1B
06-07-2007, 08:09 PM
Boffo is good though, we need to use that more.

Put me down as being pro-laser brain (and not 'cause I am one :p ). Yeah it's cheesy but Carrie Fisher pulls it off and it works for me. Plus the already mentioned laugh from Chewie and Han's rebuke of that Wookiee friend of his really succeeds for me.

If anything, Han's "she expressed her true feelings for me" is a little weak but nothing that brings the scene down or anything...

Qui-Long Gone
06-07-2007, 10:36 PM
I'll gladly put up lines like Laser-brain up against lines like "no, I'm so in love with you.....love has blinded you then....hold me like you did so long ago...Anakin why did you kill little babies, you're a good person.....you're breaking my throat....noooooooooooo.."

Point taken?

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 02:35 AM
I'll gladly put up lines like Laser-brain up against lines like "no, I'm so in love with you.....love has blinded you then....hold me like you did so long ago...Anakin why did you kill little babies, you're a good person.....you're breaking my throat....noooooooooooo.."

Point taken?
Oh, most definitely it's better, but it's still very lame on its own. Sure, moldy bologna is better than a turd sandwich, but it's still moldy bologna. :p

Qui-Long Gone
06-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh, most definitely it's better, but it's still very lame on its own. Sure, moldy bologna is better than a turd sandwich, but it's still moldy bologna. :p

I can't say I've had either, but you're probably right....although you can always trim off mold...turd is forever....

2-1B
06-09-2007, 01:57 PM
You can't make blue cheese without blue milk.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-09-2007, 04:26 PM
was it a boffo colour when Anakin originally described the colour of the airspeeder to Obi-Wan?.The original line was a "fozzie speeder," I think. :wokkawokka:

As pertains "laser brain," I figure that a person whose brain had been shot with a laser might be a tad slow and dim-witted. Or, Carrie "Hey! " Fisher flubbed the line "lazy brain." :confused:

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Shot with a laser? Damnit, that's acceptable. :( ;)

Turds aren't forever (unless they're fossilized, which is rare), they turn back into dirt nutrients which feeds the plants. Damn, the circle of life is disgusting!

El Chuxter
06-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I'll bet you've never had moldy balogna or a turd sandwich.

You cuisine elitist. :mad:

Qui-Long Gone
06-10-2007, 10:59 AM
I've had my share of knuckle sandwiches....:sad::cry: