PDA

View Full Version : Ratatouille

RooJay
06-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Just doing my part to help spread the word - our wrap party was this past Saturday, the movie is absolutely amazing (and not just because it pays the bills), if you are a fan of Pixar or animation in general, heck - if you're just a fan of having a good time at the movies, please go see Ratatouille on the 29th! You will not be disappointed.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.s. Be sure and look for me in the credits: Rudy Jason Vucelich.

El Chuxter
06-05-2007, 10:53 AM
I plan to see this, good sir, and will watch for your name. With a baby at home, though, I may not be able to see it in the theater. (I'm still trying to manage to see Spidey and Pirates.)

Kidhuman
06-05-2007, 10:55 AM
I saw the previews for this and look foward to seeing it. I have liked all Pixar stuff so far, and will give it a chance.

General_Grievous
06-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I'll be there regardless. Is it better than "Cars", Rooj?

El Chuxter
06-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey, RJ, I don't suppose you have any top secret info on Toy Story 3 or Incredibles 2 that you'd care to get fired by divulging here, do you? :p

Now that Pixar can do these again, I'm looking forward to one and hoping for the other.

RooJay
06-06-2007, 02:06 AM
I'll be there regardless. Is it better than "Cars", Rooj?

I will say that it's prettier than Cars; equally as excellent, but definitely prettier!:lipsrsealed:

RooJay
06-06-2007, 02:07 AM
Hey, RJ, I don't suppose you have any top secret info on Toy Story 3 or Incredibles 2 that you'd care to get fired by divulging here, do you? :p

Now that Pixar can do these again, I'm looking forward to one and hoping for the other.

Nope, 'fraid not.:p

Jargo
06-13-2007, 12:29 PM
when will Ratatouille hit the DVD stands? I never go to cinemas anymore. my local cinemas are vile places. too costly and since they introduced a policy of confiscating anything edible you take in (because their own edibles are too costly) I can't be bothered.

So instead I just enjoy the movies on DVD at my leisure on a big screen at home. in peace. with a rewind facility in case I miss a neat bit.

Oh and I'd like to see the bug circus from Bugs life turn up somewhere again. just a cameo like in the outtakes of TS2.

Cars 2, I can't see where else they could take that bunch of characters. the only character that springs to mind is Sally. With maybe a return to the big city taking Lightning along for the drive. And I guess Mater would have to follow them. but then what sort of conflict could you get in the city to further the thing that isn't just a rehash of the radiator springs revival scenario. you'd have to have a race in there. but that gets dull if overused. I suppose a gumball rally sort of scenario could work, taking cars across country. giving lots of fresh horizons and settings. casting Burt Reynolds as an old pro gumball rally car would be cool. fulfilling the Doc Hudson old timer giving wisdom out role. but again that would just be treading old ground.

Toy story 3. where would you go with that? I can see some sort of scenario where the toys are consigned to the loft and Andy has grown up. Moves out and new people move into the house. which gives the toys that fight for survival thing again. Will the new people throw them out? will the toys find a new kid to belong to? what new toys would be added to the grouping? a transformer would be cool. useful. G.I.JOE? bunch of superhero figures with no powers but delusional like Buzz was.

Incredibles 2 is a must surely? More Edna 'E' Mode would rock my world.

I think actually two movies on a theme is enough. once you get to a third it all kinds loses steam and retreads old ground somewhere. a sequel to Monsters inc. would work for me. I'd have thought Monstropolis would have rich pickings for any amount of story options. Millions of monsters living everyday lives. the first movie centered around the factory and Waternoose's plot. but there's gotta be a bajillion stories could come from that city that somehow contrive to involve Sully and Mike. Maybe Ranadall escapes and seeks revenge? maybe the kids stop laughing at monsters? Maybe there's a breach and humans start coming into Monstropolis. maybe it takes an older Boo to sort out whatever problem/conflict arises.

oh yeah Ratatouille. hehe, sorry got carried away. I love Pixar movies. :)

General_Grievous
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
They're having a sneak preview of Ratatouille on Saturday (6/16) night. Check your theaters. I purchased a ticket for it already. Pixar can do no wrong. You must have the best job in the world, Rooj.

El Chuxter
06-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Toy story 3. where would you go with that? I can see some sort of scenario where the toys are consigned to the loft and Andy has grown up.

Actually, if the rumors are true, that's exactly what it is.

RooJay
06-14-2007, 03:16 AM
when will Ratatouille hit the DVD stands? I never go to cinemas anymore. my local cinemas are vile places. too costly and since they introduced a policy of confiscating anything edible you take in (because their own edibles are too costly) I can't be bothered.

So instead I just enjoy the movies on DVD at my leisure on a big screen at home. in peace. with a rewind facility in case I miss a neat bit.

DVD is tentatively set for sometime in November. Remind me around that time Daddypants, and I might be able to get you a copy.

Oh and I'd like to see the bug circus from Bugs life turn up somewhere again. just a cameo like in the outtakes of TS2.

Cars 2, I can't see where else they could take that bunch of characters. the only character that springs to mind is Sally. With maybe a return to the big city taking Lightning along for the drive. And I guess Mater would have to follow them. but then what sort of conflict could you get in the city to further the thing that isn't just a rehash of the radiator springs revival scenario. you'd have to have a race in there. but that gets dull if overused. I suppose a gumball rally sort of scenario could work, taking cars across country. giving lots of fresh horizons and settings. casting Burt Reynolds as an old pro gumball rally car would be cool. fulfilling the Doc Hudson old timer giving wisdom out role. but again that would just be treading old ground.

Toy story 3. where would you go with that? I can see some sort of scenario where the toys are consigned to the loft and Andy has grown up. Moves out and new people move into the house. which gives the toys that fight for survival thing again. Will the new people throw them out? will the toys find a new kid to belong to? what new toys would be added to the grouping? a transformer would be cool. useful. G.I.JOE? bunch of superhero figures with no powers but delusional like Buzz was.

Incredibles 2 is a must surely? More Edna 'E' Mode would rock my world.

Can't really comment on any of that.:lipsrsealed::nerv:

If Pixar ever were to make a Cars 2 (or any more sequels for that matter; not sayin' if we ever would or not) you can rest assured that it would only be done if the story and quality were there to match the original. Story always comes first here.:thumbsup:

oh yeah Ratatouille. hehe, sorry got carried away. I love Pixar movies. :)

You won't be disappointed; trust me!:yes: That reminds me Daddypants, I have something I think you might like to have - still at the same address?

General_Grievous
06-16-2007, 09:55 PM
I just got back from the sneak preview. I liked it a lot. Pixar did a really great job with this one. I must admit, I wasn't impressed by the trailers that much, but this movie surpassed my expectations. I enjoyed it way more than "Cars", because it appealed to everybody. I enjoyed "Cars" a lot, but it seemed to cater more to NASCAR enthusiasts (and Hot Wheels collectors, judging from the toy line). But Ratatouille is aimed at everyone. It had some great stuff in it. I liked how the rats in the movie were animated, they really paid attention to detail, like how their chests expand when their hearts beat. And the characters were pretty memorable, as well. I loved the villain (Skinner, I believe his name was) and the chef who claimed to kill a man with his thumb. :p The old lady with the shotgun was also pretty funny. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by Ratatouille. It may not be my favorite Pixar film, but it still beats stuff like "Shrek The Third". Great work again from Pixar. :thumbsup:

I also spotted your name during the credits, Rooj, but they were going by so fast that I missed which department you were working in. What work did you do on the film?

By the way, they showed a teaser for the next Pixar film, Wall-E. I'm really intrigued by it. Here's a trailer I found for those of you who want to watch it before seeing Ratatouille...

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=17343

figrin bran
06-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Just doing my part to help spread the word - our wrap party was this past Saturday, the movie is absolutely amazing (and not just because it pays the bills), if you are a fan of Pixar or animation in general, heck - if you're just a fan of having a good time at the movies, please go see Ratatouille on the 29th! You will not be disappointed.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

P.s. Be sure and look for me in the credits: Rudy Jason Vucelich.

I wanted to see it tonight but couldn't. When i do, i'm sure i'll enjoy it. Anything with creativity and an original story is better than Shrek 3 :p

and i'll clap when i see your name in the credits Roojay!

btw, i saw figures for this film at TRU and apparently they're exclusives.

RooJay
06-17-2007, 12:27 AM
I also spotted your name during the credits, Rooj, but they were going by so fast that I missed which department you were working in. What work did you do on the film?

Oh, me? Oh I animated the movie...and I was the voice of Remy...oh, and I directed it!:yes::thumbsup::lipsrsealed::nerv::cross-eye:

...alright, I work in the systems department and I calibrate monitors!:stupid: Still an important (and fun) job!

By the way, they showed a teaser for the next Pixar film, Wall-E. I'm really intrigued by it. Here's a trailer I found for those of you who want to watch it before seeing Ratatouille...

http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=17343

Oh, just wait and see...:p

General_Grievous
06-17-2007, 01:24 AM
...alright, I work in the systems department and I calibrate monitors!:stupid: Still an important (and fun) job!

I see. You've got a great job. :thumbsup: Do you get to work on every Pixar project, like the shorts? "Lifted" was pretty good.

figrin bran
06-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Roojay, should i keep an eye out for the Pizza Planet Truck in this film, if it appears at all?

RooJay
06-19-2007, 03:34 AM
I see. You've got a great job. :thumbsup: Do you get to work on every Pixar project, like the shorts? "Lifted" was pretty good.

I do, and...I do!:thumbsup:

Roojay, should i keep an eye out for the Pizza Planet Truck in this film, if it appears at all?

It does not appear that there is a Pizza Planet franchise in Paris, unfortunately.

RooJay
06-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Just interested - anyone here seen the Wall-e trailer, and what did you think?

figrin bran
06-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Just interested - anyone here seen the Wall-e trailer, and what did you think?

Yes! I'm definitely going to see it not to mention add more robot toys onto my shelf :D

Jargo
06-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Yeah Rudy, same address. I've been here forever now (11 years sheesh how time flies) with no plans to move anytime soon.

WALL-E looks cute. It looks right up my street in terms of basic plot outline/tagline. Obviously I'm now eager for more info and pics. but the design of WALL-E has me hooked. It kinda has elements of various robots seen before but without being too like any of them. Plus the big soulful looking eyes. That's the punch. puppy eyes on a robot. hehe. soooo cute. :love:

Hard to believe we're getting another pixar movie so soon after Ratatoille. did these go into production round about the same time? And do the animators burn out monitors a lot? Or were you simplifying your job description?

Jeepers it's 4.30 am i gotta hit the sack. I'll come back to this tomorrow. :thumbsup:

RooJay
06-26-2007, 04:35 AM
Yeah Rudy, same address. I've been here forever now (11 years sheesh how time flies) with no plans to move anytime soon.

WALL-E looks cute. It looks right up my street in terms of basic plot outline/tagline. Obviously I'm now eager for more info and pics. but the design of WALL-E has me hooked. It kinda has elements of various robots seen before but without being too like any of them. Plus the big soulful looking eyes. That's the punch. puppy eyes on a robot. hehe. soooo cute. :love:

Hard to believe we're getting another pixar movie so soon after Ratatoille. did these go into production round about the same time? And do the animators burn out monitors a lot? Or were you simplifying your job description?

Jeepers it's 4.30 am i gotta hit the sack. I'll come back to this tomorrow. :thumbsup:

The plan for now is to do a movie a year, and no, it's not that they take such little time to make or are being rushed. We just happen to have enough lined up and at various points of pre-production/production that we are finally able to keep 'em coming I suppose. I really regret that my job security is dependent on my not relaying to anyone outside the company all the great and wonderful things we have in the pike. Alas, it'll all be laid bare for everyone to see soon enough!

To answer your question: the monitors don't necessarily burn out so fast, but they do tend to 'drift' a lot through day to day use. Brightness shifts up and down, colors drift and change, the aspect ratio will warp and contort. I certainly wasn't trying to marginalize my work - without what I do, it would be that much harder for the lighters and shaders and painters to do what they do. My work isn't exactly evident on the screen, but if I didn't do my work it would be.

Jargo
06-26-2007, 02:06 PM
One a year! I'm fearful to ask what kind of mega computers are powering that. Hey, it's fantastic news though. I'm up for a movie a year. At least with Pixar you know you're going to get quality viewing. :)

I didn't mean any offense re your work and can appreciate the value of keeping everything aligned just so. I was just meaning is there a lot more to it than you let on, because I know loads of people who work with computers who simplify their job description due to frustration trying to describe a complex job to people who glaze over and simply can't understand the technology/terminolgy. I'm in awe of anyone who can wrangle these infernal machines and get them to work.

RooJay
06-27-2007, 04:43 AM
One a year! I'm fearful to ask what kind of mega computers are powering that. Hey, it's fantastic news though. I'm up for a movie a year. At least with Pixar you know you're going to get quality viewing. :)

I didn't mean any offense re your work and can appreciate the value of keeping everything aligned just so. I was just meaning is there a lot more to it than you let on, because I know loads of people who work with computers who simplify their job description due to frustration trying to describe a complex job to people who glaze over and simply can't understand the technology/terminolgy. I'm in awe of anyone who can wrangle these infernal machines and get them to work.

Oh no, I wasn't offended at all. My job is fairly simple, though I do admit to making it sound a bit easier than it probably is; trying to be humble and all that. There's still plenty going on around here that I'm mystified by! I'm still very much a computer novice compared to most people around here. I work with a guy who used to program robots in college! He actually worked on the programming for the vehicle that won the DARPA challenge last year or so. Smart kid. What I do is pretty simple compared to what some of these folks do.

Jargo
06-27-2007, 06:50 PM
DARPA challenge, that's where they have to make a robot vehicle that'll travel a set route and uses sat nav and laser guidance systems right? I think I saw a cool documentary on that. lasers mapping the terrain before the vehicle gets to it and then computer adjusting the steering to avoid the bumps etc. I liked the fact that in the second years 'race' the guy who paid gazillions to get his vehicle top notch didn't win. and the guys who built their vehicle from tin cans and staples and sellotape breezed it.

figrin bran
07-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Roojay, hats off to you and everyone at the Big P! I enjoyed this film much more than i expected (even chose to watch it ahead of Transformers). Beautifully animated (especially the views of Paris!)and hilarious all the way through. Thank you for a great film going experience! Unfortunately, i had to run out to the restroom afterwards so i didn't catch you in the end credits.

I've worked in the restaurant business before and so I'm pleased to see how many idiosyncratic elements of the business were nailed down. That cook who killed a man with his thumb really does exist! :p

According to some easter egg sites, the Pizza Planet truck was in it. I didn't see it though and i was looking for it too.

Lifted was awesome too! i even bought it off of Itunes the other day

Wall-E looks really promising - then again, on this board we're all suckers for robots! Please tell me that plenty of Wall-E toys are in the works? If done in the right scale, we could even display him with our astromechs.

RooJay
07-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Thanks Bran! Glad you enjoyed it. If in only we could get a few more people on here to go and enjoy it as well - I need that big bonus!:thumbsup:

Yeah, they didn't really pass along the information about the Pizza Planet truck right away. It's actually kind of hard to spot - it passes along in the background on one of the roadways. Blink and you'll miss it, but it is there.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-10-2007, 07:34 AM
I saw this last week and sadly, I didn't enjoy it as much as previous Pixar outings. It had a few funny parts, but they were few and far between and the film dragged. I started getting restless along with the children in my theater. I felt like I was watching an animated drama as I laughed more at the short, "Lifted" before the film. I did enjoy the ending thankfully though.

figrin bran
07-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Come on everyone, let's get RooJay his bonus! :thumbsup:

I totally missed the Pizza Planet Truck...that's what DVD's are for! though i did find him in Cars during my theatrical viewing.

RooJay
08-17-2007, 06:04 AM
Ahem...
Somebody finally got their own IMDB page:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2703193/

...shameless, I know!:thumbsup:
Soon I'll be able to add Wall-E and...oops, hold-on - has that one been announced yet?:D

Jargo
08-17-2007, 09:58 AM
You shameless tease. lol

figrin bran
08-17-2007, 11:33 AM
Ahem...

Soon I'll be able to add Wall-E and...oops, hold-on - has that one been announced yet?:D

Wall-E and Bug's Life 2??? :p

Rocketboy
08-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Ahem...

Soon I'll be able to add Wall-E and...oops, hold-on - has that one been announced yet?:DHa! Your STARmeter is down 6% from last week!

;)

2-1B
08-18-2007, 01:35 AM
stillakid's is up 40% from last week. :)

TeeEye7
08-18-2007, 08:06 AM
Ha! Your STARmeter is down 6% from last week!

;)

Well, thanks to giving me a big assist on a problem here at work, RJ's STARmeter is way above 100% in my book! :thumbsup:

Thanks, RJ.....you've made me look good with the whizkidz because of your help! Those guys are happy now! :D

RooJay
08-20-2007, 12:49 AM
Well, thanks to giving me a big assist on a problem here at work, RJ's STARmeter is way above 100% in my book! :thumbsup:

Thanks, RJ.....you've made me look good with the whizkidz because of your help! Those guys are happy now! :D

Aw shucks! It does my heart good just thinking that I might've help put some bad guys away!

On a side note, they just started taking orders for our Wall-E crew jackets - they look pretty awesome! Maybe I'll post a pic when I get mine if anybody cares to see.

Oh, almost forgot - I've got the recipe for the ratatouille that Remy serves Ego in the movie if anyone wants it. Yes, there were real recipes that were developed for the movie - the food might've been animated but it was actually real if that makes any sense. Most of it was created by the owner/chef of The French Laundry in Napa - largely considered the best restaurant in the country (there's a months-long waiting list form what I'm told!)

chris deal painter
09-07-2007, 01:31 AM
congrats on your success roo jay! finally a step up from the frame shop at michaels huh! no more ladder boy!
---chris

RooJay
09-08-2007, 10:41 PM
congrats on your success roo jay! finally a step up from the frame shop at michaels huh! no more ladder boy!
---chris

Well if it isn't my long lost brother Chris! (Sorry to get off topic here folks - this guy is one of my oldest and very dearest friends!) Dude, I have searched everywhere online trying to find you (I had actually feared the worst at one point!) We have got to keep in better touch this time! Seriously bro - hearing from you is the best surprise I've had in a long long time! So much has happened since we last talked! PM me your e-mail, phone number, address, all the good stuff; we've got a lot of catching up to do! Tell me you've seen my movie!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D

Jargo
04-12-2008, 09:34 AM
strangest thing, I got a jiffy bag in the mail today and inside was one of those little plastic egg things like the ones they did for cars. the kind they shove in those machines where kids pester parents for the pennies to shove in the machine twist the dial and get some random toy.
I pop the egg thing open and inside is a little figure of Anton Ego the food critic from Ratatouille. just an inch or so high. and a leaflet with pictures of all the characters from the movie to collect. (Remy, Emille, Django, Linguini, Colette, Gusteau, Skinner, Ego).
Thing is there was no note in the jiffy bag. I don't recognise the senders address and really have no clue as to why someone would send me a tiny figure of Ego. the only clue is that it has to be someone I've traded with via Ebay or paypal. My surname is different in transactions via those for that reason. so i can track who stuff is coming from.
it's just puzzling. Is someone trying to tell me something?

RooJay
04-13-2008, 02:16 AM
For the record, it wasn't me. I do have a few things I've been meaning to send you, but that one was not from me.

Jargo
04-13-2008, 09:43 AM
Well the mystery is solved. it was my good friend from old london town. odd fellow.

And OOOOOH! *wiggles figures in a Wallace and Gromit excited way* goodies for me? *sits on haunches and wags tail* :)

DarthBrandon
04-13-2008, 11:08 AM
For the record, we have the movie Ratatouille & I must say it's my fav Pixar movie to date, It rocked in so many ways & the kids love it. I hope to see more like these from Pixar down the road.

RooJay
04-15-2008, 04:36 AM
I still can't say much about it, but since we've now publicly announced our next few movies I think I can go on record as saying that The Bear and the Bow is the one I'm most looking forward to. What I've seen so far looks fantastic and absolutely gorgeous! Up also looks absolutely beautiful, but 'Bear' is my favorite upcoming Pixar film.

Jargo
04-17-2008, 05:27 PM
ye bear and the bow? Up? what devilry is this thou spaketh of? my knoweth not. forsooth and hence yon Wall-e trundles forth. 'tis all mine eyes yet seeth 'pon horizons westerly.

Banthaholic
04-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm looking forward to Wall-E. Who doesn't love a heart warming tale of a robot.

I haven't seen Ratatouille since it came out on DVD. Might be time for a refresh, it was a good movie I recollect.

What is the story of the The Bear and the Bow? I'm not familiar with that one

RooJay
04-18-2008, 03:34 AM
All I can safely do is point you all to the information already released to the public:

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=20536

You'll find the info on the page between Newt and Tinker Bell A Winter Story.

RooJay
04-18-2008, 04:29 AM
In case anybody's interested, there was a new feature added to the landscape here at work a week ago:

(also, there might be a few more pics of interest to be found here:http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=35886614&albumId=2544866)

Jargo
04-18-2008, 07:42 AM
*jaw drops, eyes widen* oooooooooooooooh Cars 2.........

not sure about bear and the bow. the blurb doesn't excite me. i'll wait for the trailer on that one I think. Up sounds more promising but I know I'll end up adding them all to my DVD collection just because I want a complete one and I want to be able to trace the evolution advances in CGI animation.

how big is that installation Roojay? hard to tell from the pic. i see a chair in the lower left corner but what's the skinny? I'm not a member of myspace anymore y'see.

RooJay
04-18-2008, 09:58 AM
*jaw drops, eyes widen* oooooooooooooooh Cars 2.........

not sure about bear and the bow. the blurb doesn't excite me. i'll wait for the trailer on that one I think. Up sounds more promising but I know I'll end up adding them all to my DVD collection just because I want a complete one and I want to be able to trace the evolution advances in CGI animation.

how big is that installation Roojay? hard to tell from the pic. i see a chair in the lower left corner but what's the skinny? I'm not a member of myspace anymore y'see.

Yeah, the blurb doesn't excite me either, but I've actually got to see the art. Let me tell you...what I've seen leaves me pretty excited!

Oh, and perhaps this pic may make it a little more clear (for those of us without access to MySpace;)) and also a glimpse of what it looks like on the inside:

Jargo
04-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Great Scot!! is that you? so that's how they make sure the monitors are maintained, they shrunk you. See i always knew it was possible that there were little people inside tv sets. :crazed:

Cool piece of work though. like to see someone try and steal it like that guy stole Mr. Potatohead's arm from outside hasbro HQ. could end up like that scene in 'One of our dinosaurs is missing' with the dino skeleton on the back of a wagon. hehe.

I know someone with a summer birthday and it might be cool to make a cinema trip part of his present. The Daily Mail, one of the UK's bigger more conservative newspapers has praised Wall-e saying they predict it'll be huge and will reawaken peoples love of animated movies. the journalist said he was enchanted by the 30 minutes of footage he watched. though the buggar did give away a spoiler. I've been trying to remain in the dark about it so i can go watch it like a kid and be wowed. just two more months til it opens here. wooo!!! :thumbsup:

RooJay
04-20-2008, 02:54 AM
They tore up a big chunk of the front walk when they installed it, so I imagine it would be quite a task to try and steal it; seems like it's built pretty well into the ground! Plus, as you may know - we're a 24hr. operation; someone is always watching. Still, it'd be funny to see somebody try!

figrin bran
05-08-2008, 01:17 AM
Surprisingly, we don't have a WALL-E thread on this board yet. Now that I've found out that Ben Burtt, the legendary Ben Burtt, provided the robot sounds for this film, I'm even more excited for it.

Hopefully toys will start showing up soon as I'd like to add to the robot collection.

RooJay
05-08-2008, 03:18 AM
Surprisingly, we don't have a WALL-E thread on this board yet. Now that I've found out that Ben Burtt, the legendary Ben Burtt, provided the robot sounds for this film, I'm even more excited for it.

Hopefully toys will start showing up soon as I'd like to add to the robot collection.

You know, I was tempted to start one myself, but I was worried that I might be pushing it and didn't want to come off as being cocky or arrogant (honestly, I only started this thread because aside from being an employee, I'm also a longtime Pixar fan I tend to try and not be too vocal and obvious in real life about my job even though it may not sometimes seem that way on here.) Please, anybody feel free to start a Wall-E thread.

Having said that, I only feel a little bit shameless in mentioning that (for anyone who hadn't realized) that Ben Burtt now works for Pixar. I work with Ben Burtt!:p I don't know him personally, but he certainly seems like a great guy. He's actually done a presentation a few months back here about his past and present work, and he even keeps a trunk in our mailroom for fols to drop of stuff that they think makes interesting sounds that he might want to use. I have yet to put anything in said box because, let's face it...who am I to tell Ben Burtt what things sound interesting?! It'd be cool to one day have him use some of my junk to design sounds for a movie, though!

Jargo
05-08-2008, 05:40 PM
as crass as it sounds, I'd be tempted to drop off a disk of my trouser trumpeting. good trouser trumpet sounds are hard to come by. and mine are very distinctive. a very good timbre to them.

figrin bran
05-08-2008, 10:23 PM
I guess I'll start a WALL-E thread soon then.

Those space scenes in the trailer as well as the one where WALL-E and EVE are skipping across what looks like the senate chamber pods in ROTS look amazing! Whoever runs those monitors sure deserves a raise! :p :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
05-08-2008, 10:48 PM
...I was worried that I might be pushing it and didn't want to come off as being cocky or arrogant....

Geez, Rudy, I don't think anyone around here would think that at all! I know I look forward to hearing from you on your latest projects. Having an inside view on the inner workings is beyond kewl! Please don't feel shy about starting a thread on your projects. You know we're all interested! Look at the interest generated in past threads.

I'm really looking forward to seeing WALL-E. Looks like another winner! :thumbsup: