PDA

View Full Version : New Walrusman/Ponda Baba Please

TheRealDubya
06-05-2007, 12:13 PM
Dear Pawtucket Padawans,
I was looking at my collection last night contemplating taking a photo of all the "definitive" modern versions of the figures that were a part of the Vintage Kenner line -- with some custom work (like cleaning up Luke Stormtrooper's armor) you would be able to come pretty darn close and to having a stand-out figure to show for nearly every vintage slot. A prominent gap that I noticed though was Walrusman a.k.a. Ponda Baba. We have not really gotten an up-to-date version of him yet.

Since you have spoiled us and we now have such a apex-level versions of Greedo (VTSC or even Commtech), Hammerhead/Momaw Nadon (TSC 2006, obviously) and a very solid Snaggletooth/Zutton (both the POTJ "short" one and the OTC Cantina Blue one) it would be beyond great if we could get a new Ponda to stand along side all of the other amazing "vintage" cantina patrons you have made. I'm sure this thread has been discussed before, but I was feeling the pain last night. 2008 Walrusman (maybe even on the Vintage card :yes:) please, dearest Hasbro.

Thanks.

Beast
06-05-2007, 12:20 PM
Honestly, a decent Dr. Evazan is probably a bigger need at the moment.

The last Ponda Baba figure was pretty good, if I recall correctly.

But the "Good Doctor" has never gotten a really decent plastic incarnation.

TheRealDubya
06-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Honestly, a decent Dr. Evazan is probably a bigger need at the moment.

The last Ponda Baba figure was pretty good, if I recall correctly.

But the "Good Doctor" has never gotten a really decent plastic incarnation.

He definitely needs a revamp too, and to be single carded.

I was looking at Jedi Temple's archives and all the modern Ponda Baba's look like a variation on the 1995 mold. I think he needs to be slimmed down and his head needs a complete resculpt.

El Chuxter
06-05-2007, 01:05 PM
I think they added the removable arm and re-released him twice.

Ponda Baba is one I would actually happily spring for a Vintage figure of. We need him updated a lot more than Bossk.

pbarnard
06-05-2007, 01:38 PM
I think they added the removable arm and re-released him twice.

Ponda Baba is one I would actually happily spring for a Vintage figure of. We need him updated a lot more than Bossk.

That'll put him what, 3 or 4 versions ahead of CommTech Cantina Han and just behind Vader rehashes?

Release the Doc first. He's been screwed up, twice.

TheRealDubya
06-05-2007, 03:13 PM
That'll put him what, 3 or 4 versions ahead of CommTech Cantina Han and just behind Vader rehashes?

Release the Doc first. He's been screwed up, twice.

Let's split the difference -- 2 pack!

bigbarada
06-05-2007, 04:11 PM
I would love to see Ponda in the next assortment of Vintage figures, but we'd have to call him Walrusman.

Anyways, he does need an update and Dr. Evazan desperately needs a decent figure made of him.

I would like to see Walrusman with interchangeable "wolfman" and "paddle" hands.

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 08:33 PM
We definitely need a new Evazan, we've essentially never gotten one, just some twisted freak that looks nothing like him but has his outfit and a crazy pose.

We probably need Ponda Baba as well, the last figure is ok for its time, but suffers in the mix of the post-'01 figures.

Gothiczartan
06-09-2007, 08:28 PM
don't forget hasbro should make a ALL NEW SCULPT Dr. Evazan

ball jointed neck
ball jointed shoulders/elbows
ball jointed knees
gun

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/toys/cinemacantinaevazanfront.jpg

Rogue II
06-09-2007, 09:36 PM
I would love to see Ponda in the next assortment of Vintage figures, but we'd have to call him Walrusman.

I have absolutely no problem calling him Walrusman. Vintage or regular line, doesn't matter.

I've been on the Dr. Evazan resculpt bandwagon for a while. He was on my list right behind R5-D4 and the Death Star Trooper.

2-1B
06-10-2007, 12:56 AM
He needs to have webbed feet again.