PDA

View Full Version : anyone watch Talk Sex with Sue Johanson ?

2-1B
06-06-2007, 01:26 AM
It's on Sunday nights on Oxygen Network and it's hilarious, she gives real and valid medical advice while taking a playful approach to it. She's loads of fun as she does sound effects and makes reactions to the callers on her show. Obviously we can't discuss it in much detail here but it's a riot if you get the O channel or just search Youtube and you'll find many great clips (beware the uploads of stupid people laughing while filming it on their TV sets, very annoying).

I give this thread about 10 minutes lol before Tycho posts his protests against an elderly woman discussing sex but I say get over it - I'd rather listen to her playful discussions than read his goofy thoughts. ;)

Seriously though, fun show ! :)

General_Grievous
06-06-2007, 02:47 AM
You watch Oxygen? Would you like a tampon to go with your vagina, Cae? :p Just kidding. I know who you're talking about. I've seen clips of her on YouTube. It's some funny stuff. Good form of abstinence, too.

Kidhuman
06-06-2007, 07:48 AM
I have seen it a few times and laugh alot.

Just a warning that this thread will more than likely be watched by a few mods here. Please keep the discussions clean or it will have to be closed and/or deleted. Thank you kind citizens in advance. I am off to the Gotham bank now.

CaptainSolo1138
06-06-2007, 08:18 AM
Just a warning that this thread will more than likely be watched by a few mods here. Please keep the discussions clean or it will have to be closed and/or deleted. Thank you kind citizens in advance. I am off to the Gotham bank now.So I should probably not mention how hilarious it was when she wore the strap-on on her chin?

Rogue II
06-06-2007, 09:41 AM
The weird thing is that she looks like my wife's grandmother.

2-1B
06-06-2007, 11:21 AM
Plus she's Canadian, too, so thank you for another fine export. :)

I love this pic, she looks so mischievous as she peeks into her magical bag of toys...

El Chuxter
06-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I thought that was Phil Spector, Caesar.

You should P'Shop in some nachos. Then this could be an all-nacho thread.

2-1B
06-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I could but I don't want to give Caps any ideas that would lead him to scald...himself...with boiling hot cheese.

CaptainSolo1138
06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
I could but I don't want to give Caps any ideas that would lead him to scald...himself...with boiling hot cheese.
No worries, friend. I prefer it at room temperature anyway.

General_Grievous
06-06-2007, 01:18 PM
That is a brilliant avatar, Cae. lol

So I should probably not mention how hilarious it was when she wore the strap-on on her chin?

YouTube???

2-1B
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
You watch Oxygen? Would you like a tampon to go with your vagina, Cae? :p

I don't even know what those t and v words mean...good thing I have Sue to educate me. :)

YouTube???

I don't have a quick link to that one, but I did PM Caps a few of my favorites...and have forwarded to you as well. :thumbsup:

CaptainSolo1138
06-06-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm sure the clip is there, but I dare not post a link.

DarthQuack
06-06-2007, 08:52 PM
She gives me a lot of advice for using my anatomy in the right way.

Kidhuman
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm sure the clip is there, but I dare not post a link.

Please dont post, but do PM.

JediTricks
06-07-2007, 01:12 AM
She's one of the chief ways that television is ruining sex. You hear her using all those sex words and then you never want to think about them again.

2-1B
06-07-2007, 10:45 AM
but JT...at least she is grounded in reality and doesn't perpetuate myths and unrealistic expectations like most of television. :)

You watch Oxygen?

I should have also added that I watch Lifetime for Golden Girls reruns. :)

Qui-Long Gone
06-08-2007, 06:51 PM
My wife and I get a kick out of her show....although I don't know what's creepier, that we get a kick out of it, or the show? :lipsrsealed:

We saw an episode about 2 years ago where she was explaining (and showing) "equipment" that....well let's just say it was about as big as a baseball mitt and could be used by lonely truck drivers......:razz:

DarthQuack
06-08-2007, 07:38 PM
I liked Dr. Ruth better.....she had that sweet smile.

General_Grievous
06-08-2007, 08:16 PM
I liked Dr. Ruth better.....she had that sweet smile.

Dr. Ruth is a foul temptress.

Qui-Long Gone
06-09-2007, 11:59 AM
And she bakes children....

bobafrett
06-09-2007, 11:20 PM
I've seen the show a couple of times, and I like it. Do you remember a show I believe it was on MTV, but I'm probably wrong, but it had Jimmy Kimmel and a doctor on it, and usually a guest celebrity, and they would take calls about peoples sex problems? Maybe it was Adam someone or another.

Rogue II
06-09-2007, 11:31 PM
I've seen the show a couple of times, and I like it. Do you remember a show I believe it was on MTV, but I'm probably wrong, but it had Jimmy Kimmel and a doctor on it, and usually a guest celebrity, and they would take calls about peoples sex problems? Maybe it was Adam someone or another.

That was "Love Line" with Dr. Drew(?) and Adam Corolla (before The Man Show). They had a radio show as well.

bobafrett
06-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Yes, yes, that's it! I'm not good with names, but I do remember the show.

TeeEye7
06-10-2007, 05:15 PM
That was "Love Line" with Dr. Drew(?) and Adam Corolla (before The Man Show). They had a radio show as well.

Dr. Drew's last name is Pinsky for whose who may need it for the Final Jeopardy Answer. He also has/had a show on Discovery Health channel. I haven't seen it for a while (mainly cuz I don't watch that channel too often!).

2-1B
06-10-2007, 06:07 PM
and Dr Drew was on Talk Sex as a guest commentator. :)

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Dr Drew originally joined Loveline because he was a friend of the Poorman. Drew wasn't even a doctor at that point really, he was a medical student.

Tycho
08-09-2007, 02:59 PM
I give this thread about 10 minutes lol before Tycho posts his protests against an elderly woman discussing sex but I say get over it - I'd rather listen to her playful discussions than read his goofy thoughts. ;)

Seriously though, fun show ! :)

Are you kidding, Caesar? I want 12" Sue Johanson action figures with all her crazy accessories so you can use them with Barbie dolls!

stillakid
08-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Dr Drew originally joined Loveline because he was a friend of the Poorman. Drew wasn't even a doctor at that point really, he was a medical student.

Has Drew done any guest appearances on Bikini Beach? You know, in between the commercials.

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 04:49 PM
No, I think he and The Poorman are no longer seeing eye-to-eye right now. I'd say nobody wants to see Drew in that show, but to be honest, The Poorman makes bikini girls at the beach seem dull with his show, it's pretty bad. I dunno if anybody's even airing it anymore in UHF.