PDA

View Full Version : has David Blaine been recast as Criss Angel ?

2-1B
06-06-2007, 12:29 AM
I know Blaine didn't have his own regular show like this Angel fella does but for awhile there, DB was the hot commodity in illusionists...now CA seems to be the current leader with his MindFreak show on A&E.

Personally, I prefer Blaine's style as he comes across as really creepy when he does his tricks...Angel is more of a rock star approach.

They are both pretty good at making for some entertaining stunts, though.

El Chuxter
06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
Has Criss Angel ever fought Jesus and got hundreds to drown themselves in the reflecting pool in DC?

Didn't think so.

JediTricks
06-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Criss Angel is a decent illusionist, but some of his stuff is a bit tired even when he presents it with a rock&roll attitude.

UKWildcat
06-07-2007, 11:26 PM
The only time I see Blaine is when he was doing promo spots for the NBA Playoffs. While some of the spots were creative, I'm still annoyed by him. Who's this Criss Angel fellow?

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 02:37 AM
It's funny, every time I hear Blaine's blaze' voice I just know something less cool is about to happen. Criss Angel's whiny, lispy, New York-y voice is pretty off-putting too, but not like David Blaine.

2-1B
06-10-2007, 05:43 PM
So this Tuesday, Angel is going to lay on broken beer bottles and be run over by a steam roller.

huh.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-14-2007, 06:40 PM
I generally like Criss's stuff, but all the theatrics are a bit annoying (thankfully they've toned them way down since the first season). Some of it is truly cool (floating over the Luxor), but you have to wonder how much of it is faked in post?

On a side note, Human Giant on MTV has a recurring bit called the Illusionators. It's a direct parody of Criss Angel, with Scott Devil and John Satan instead. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Hey JT this weekend I was in Chicago for some stuff and I was at a Buckcherry/Godsmack concert...who came out onstage to introduce Godsmack but none other than Criss Angel. :p

I thought of you when he was bellering into the mic with his lisp, talking about how much he loves Godsmack. lol

JediTricks
06-19-2007, 02:56 AM
Hey JT this weekend I was in Chicago for some stuff and I was at a Buckcherry/Godsmack concert...who came out onstage to introduce Godsmack but none other than Criss Angel. :p

I thought of you when he was bellering into the mic with his lisp, talking about how much he loves Godsmack. lol
Awethome! Who doethn't love Godthmack? :p

2-1B
06-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Me apparently, since I like their music but found their set incredibly boring. They were definitely better last time I saw them 7 years ago. They shouldn't have let Buckcherry go on before them, now THAT was a fun rock show. :)

Anyway back to Criss Angel, JT I must say he proved that a person can't notice the lisp when he says the F word multiple times. ;)