PDA

View Full Version : Plo Koon shipping.

jedi master sal
06-06-2007, 08:50 AM
I got my notice from Sideshow yesterday that the 12 inch Plo Koon shipped out. I should be getting it in a couple of days or so. I'm really looking forward to this. The Hasbro one pales in comparison.

Funny thing is the invoice doesn't say what the item is, but since this is my only order with SSC currently, I have to assume it's the Plo Koon.

-Sal

Jayspawn
06-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Woohoo! Sideshow has Koon on display at CIV -looked great! Cant wait to get!

AmanaMatt
06-07-2007, 01:29 AM
I ended up cancelling my order - I hope someone who was on the waitlist gets him!

wampaslayr
06-07-2007, 11:50 AM
My Plo Koon was waiting for me when I got home yesterday. Haven't openned him yet. Maybe this weekend. A little nervous because the box was thrashed thanks to the wonderful handling of UPS :mad:

Darth Cruel
06-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Got Plo today. Awesome figure! Sideshow has made some definite improvements! No more tape. The trays are finally molded with notches to hold them closed a la Hot Toys. Aslo, Plo's costume has the micro zippers like Ripley's uniform. It seems to me that the costume is higher quality as well. It just seems sturdier. There are also some changes to the way the head is protected. And all are veery nice improvements. Unfortunately...it may be a couple of days before I could post pics.

jedibear
06-07-2007, 10:53 PM
Look forward to 'em Darth Cruel...

Mine isn't here til next tuesday...

Darth Cruel
06-08-2007, 11:22 PM
OK...here are a few shots I want to show. These are not wonder pose shots. Just a few things I found interesting.

1) More than interesting...WONDERFUL! Sideshow has forever released us from our tape bonds! Appearing to follow Hot Toys' lead...Sideshow has molded notches into the trays to hold them together without the necessity of tape. Good job SS!

2) Just the accessories

3) A frontal shot of Plo in a neutral pose. Note the 2 "sashes" that drape down from the shoulders of the ropes. This robe is very complex and quite nicely done...stay tuned for more pics of that.

Darth Cruel
06-08-2007, 11:31 PM
These shots show some more of the robe and another packaging innovation.

1) In this pic I draped the "sashes" over Plo's arms so you can see how his robe overlaps all the way to his other side. This is intentional and is actually held in place by 2 snaps like the tunics have. One is at his chest like the tunics, but the other is down at his knee level. Both on Plo's right hand side.

2) This second pic show a third snap on the robe that holds the collar closed. Obviously this is the first to be snapped closed.

3) I liked this package innovation as well. The biggest plus is that there is absolutely no damage to the packaging when these parts are removed and replaced. The white piece goes under the figure's head, the clear piece that resembles an athlete's mouth guard is placed on top of and above the figure's head after the figure is placed in the tray. This does a great job of protecting the nose from damage.

Edit - Next, I will do a couple of poses.

jedi master sal
06-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Dang, I'm still waiting on mine to be delivered...

jedibear
06-09-2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the pics, DarthCruel...looks great. Did the robe look that good out of the box or did you have to do some adjusting/futzing?
Great news about the trays...it's cool that Sideshow keeps trying to step it up with these figures even with something as basic as the packaging...

can't wait til tuesday for mine....

Darth Cruel
06-09-2007, 12:39 AM
It actually does not take too much futzing. A little, though. The robe is complex, but lays nicely. My single complaint is the lack of the wire in the hood. I really like that feature. Here are a couple of simple pose pics. I'll go for a really nice one tomorrow.

jedibear
06-09-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm surprised to hear that the wire is not there with the hood...that feature really helps the hood position correctly both up and down, without it looking "doll-like".
Ah well...it still looks good as your pics show. Really like that third one...

(Sidenote: At ClV, the same artist who told me the Leia/Boussh on display was the production model [she looks FANTASTIC BTW] also mentioned Assaj DOES feature the wire in her cloak...:) )

Can't wait to see more shots, DarthCruel...outdoors, maybe? :)

Darth Cruel
06-09-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm surprised to hear that the wire is not there with the hood...that feature really helps the hood position correctly both up and down, without it looking "doll-like".
Ah well...it still looks good as your pics show. Really like that third one...

(Sidenote: At ClV, the same artist who told me the Leia/Boussh on display was the production model [she looks FANTASTIC BTW] also mentioned Assaj DOES feature the wire in her cloak...:) )

Can't wait to see more shots, DarthCruel...outdoors, maybe? :)

Good news about both Leia AND Asajj. Both looked awesome at C4. I will try to get some outdoor shots up. But living where I do limits that.

Darth Cruel
06-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Just a few more shots to share.

1) One from the movie.

2) On the prowl for Sith.

3) This shot might require some explanation. There were two things about this pose that made me try it. The way his leg is cocked is they way I was taught to "****" my leg before a kick in my karate classes way back when (excpet I was leaned away from the kick a little). I also think it showcases the ability of these figures to stand on their own without the stands. This pose actually required little steadying after the weight was evened out and balanced. And that onlt took a minute or two.

jedibear
06-09-2007, 11:13 PM
that one from the movie is perfect! it's also interesting to see these figures have balance! thanks DarthCruel...

jedibear
06-13-2007, 10:14 AM
He finally showed up here yesterday...

really busy at work so only a quick shot for now...

I like our new Jedi Master!

TheDarthVader
06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
WILL HIS GLASSES COME OFF???!!!!!!!!!!! If so, pic please!!!!!!

jedibear
06-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Um...no, his "glasses" don't come off. Why would they? :cross-eye

Anyway...got him all cloaked up and outside....

jedi master sal
06-15-2007, 08:53 AM
Got mine yesterday. Only got ot look at it for a couple of minutes (still in the package). Looks good so far. Can't wait to bust it out of the box and see what poses I can get him into. The head sculpt looks fantastic. Not thrilled about the pattern on the hands. If it's supposed to be like that okay, but I don't recall it so. So far I'd say it's a decent fig. I'll give a fuller review when I crack it open.

jedibear
06-15-2007, 09:50 AM
I think you'll enjoy Plo, Sal...

A couple of heads-up....

the trays are now tape-free! Instead, they have "bumps" on the side to "snap" them apart.
Take care with removing the accessories...there is no adhesive holding in the tiny "holoprojector" accessory, so use caution when snapping open that tray not to lose it. I almost did...
the robe may require some (low heat) ironing to get it to smooth out completely (like my photo above)
take care with the hands while posing....they come off very easily.
On the plus side, all 3 layers of his upper clothing are complete garments...no cheap "dickies" or sleeveless shirt....nice quality touch.
the pins on the back of the jedi accessory belt are longer, making removable/redress much easier.
the head sculpt is top notch (Sideshow always knocks the alien/monster ones out of the park!)

Let us know what your thoughts are on Plo (and post pictures!)

jedibear
06-16-2007, 12:37 AM
A shot of the Jedi together...

Bosskman
06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Got my Koon today. Haven't opened him yet but he's freakin sweet.

Bosskman
06-22-2007, 05:31 AM
I opened him and man does he look sweet next to the other Jedi on my shelf. I hope that one day we have the whole TPM Jedi council.

Jayspawn
06-22-2007, 06:10 PM
My Koon hasnt shipped yet, but he looks great from the pictures.

jedibear
06-23-2007, 06:17 PM
hey sal...where are those pictures? :) Been looking forward to some other folks' take on this jedi master....

I took some advice from some folks on another board and removed his inner white tunic and rearranged the robe a bit in an attempt to make him appear more "movie-like". I think the result is pretty good...

Jayspawn
07-07-2007, 12:51 AM
My Koon is scheduled to arrive in a few days. Oh yes, he will be opened!

Jayspawn
07-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Haha! My Plo Koon arrived today! Sweet figure! Might be one of my favorite SS 12". Still playing with him......:p

jedibear
07-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Pictures Jay....

Jayspawn
07-10-2007, 04:34 PM
Ahh I know! I used to post them all the time but SSG changed their picture loading program. Now everytime they load up -they're crappy! I'm figuring something out.

The True Maul
07-29-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm still debating on making Plo Koon my first sideshow figure, does anyone have any opinion on getting this figure, or should I wait for something else that I would like?