PDA

View Full Version : Exactly which two Ewoks are we getting?

bigbarada
06-09-2007, 12:33 PM
I've been looking at the CIV photos of the upcoming Ewok 2-pack and, even though I'm super-stoked to just be seeing new Ewok figures, I can't really figure out which 2 Ewoks those are supposed to be.

Are they remakes of the vintage figures? If so, then one of them looks like Lumat and the other one looks to be Romba, based on his coloration and accessories.
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22339&cat=5329

Or are these all new Ewoks? Either way, like I mentioned before, I'm just overjoyed to be seeing new Ewoks - the baddest little furballs in the galaxy.
:p

General_Grievous
06-09-2007, 12:58 PM
The one on the right is definitely Romba. I think the one on the left is Warok. I'm just judging from these pictures...

Romba: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/vintage/POTF_Romba.jpg

Warok: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/vintage/POTFWarok.jpg

Jargo
06-09-2007, 01:22 PM
check out the sticker sheet from the figure stands 40 pack. there's a label there. Lumat and Romba.

DarthQuack
06-09-2007, 02:05 PM
I'd just be happy getting a village to go along with them!

bigbarada
06-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks, so now we just need Warok, along with resculpts of Paploo, Wicket and Logray.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-09-2007, 02:13 PM
They are indeed Lumat and Romba, as Jargo said. Romba is the one on the right, and is based on the same character that the vintage Romba was. Lumat has been retconned into being a different Ewok than he was in 1983 for some reason, and the new figure reflects the new version. Look on the Wookieepedia for pictures.

AmanaMatt
06-09-2007, 02:23 PM
I am not a real fan of Ewoks, but I do like how Hasbro releases just a few every other year - the ones we get looks really badass now!

I hate to say this, but we need a Wicket resculpt! The modern Hasbro one is not good!

2-1B
06-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Why the hell would anyone retcon anything to do with an Ewok ?:confused:

Wow. :eek:

Kidhuman
06-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I dont care as long as we get more Ewoks

General_Grievous
06-09-2007, 03:36 PM
After this, they should definitely focus on a Wicket resculpt.

2-1B
06-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Resculpt and a retcon too, they better retcon Wicket while they're at it.

Jargo
06-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I reckon pack Logray as a basic figure like Chirpa. Then pack Wicket and Warok together. Logray could come with that dead animal thing Chewie tries to snarf down. companion piece to cargo ewok trap net R2.

JediTricks
06-09-2007, 07:06 PM
The one on the right is definitely Romba. I think the one on the left is Warok. I'm just judging from these pictures...

Romba: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/vintage/POTF_Romba.jpg

Warok: http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/vintage/POTFWarok.jpg
Warok sounds right, I thought Derryl said "Garok" which is what I wrote in the live panel update, but either I heard him right and he said it wrong or I heard it close and he said "Warok". There's no way I heard "Garok" if he said "Lumat" though. :p

El Chuxter
06-09-2007, 08:26 PM
They don't always seem to be as up on character names as we geeks are, though. :)

darko666
06-09-2007, 08:51 PM
I'd just be happy getting a village to go along with them!

same here. i always enjoyed the vintage playset, considered it one of the best. it's time Hasbro makes a new one.

DarthQuack
06-09-2007, 09:11 PM
I've been scoping this auction that has 3 vintage villages on it right now....ends in an hour.....let me know if anyone wants one of the others.

bigbarada
06-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Warok sounds right, I thought Derryl said "Garok" which is what I wrote in the live panel update, but either I heard him right and he said it wrong or I heard it close and he said "Warok". There's no way I heard "Garok" if he said "Lumat" though. :p

So if it's Warok and Romba that's pretty cool too, since those two have always been linked in my mind as going together.

Have you ever thought about the names "Warok" and "Romba" and wondered if they were Kenner's attempt to make the Ewoks seem more tough? Warok is like an abbreviated form of "War Ewok" and Romba is an anagram of "Rambo." When you also take into account the Ewok Battle Wagon that came out around the same time and it seems that Kenner was beginning to feel that the Ewoks were too "cutesy" to stay popular for much longer.

Jargo
06-09-2007, 09:29 PM
I think you should step away from the Ewok now sir. Please - step away now. that's it. nice and steady sir.....

Ok CLEAR! Get this man to detox pronto. And remove all trace of those damned Ewoks.

bigbarada
06-09-2007, 10:30 PM
I think you should step away from the Ewok now sir. Please - step away now. that's it. nice and steady sir.....

Ok CLEAR! Get this man to detox pronto. And remove all trace of those damed Ewoks.

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 03:05 PM
They don't always seem to be as up on character names as we geeks are, though. :)Tell that to the AT-TP! :D Still, they generally know the names of their products, and it fits too. I guess we'll soon see.

So if it's Warok and Romba that's pretty cool too, since those two have always been linked in my mind as going together. How come they're linked? Ewok life partners maybe? ;)

Have you ever thought about the names "Warok" and "Romba" and wondered if they were Kenner's attempt to make the Ewoks seem more tough? Warok is like an abbreviated form of "War Ewok" and Romba is an anagram of "Rambo." When you also take into account the Ewok Battle Wagon that came out around the same time and it seems that Kenner was beginning to feel that the Ewoks were too "cutesy" to stay popular for much longer.I can honestly say that I have absolutely not thought of that. :p Also, I believe Lucasfilm gave the ewoks their names, not Kenner.

Jargo
06-10-2007, 03:17 PM
besides Chirpa logray teebo and Wicket, all ewoks look the same to me. ok maybe not paploo with his Sheik of Araby style hood. but most of them. if hasbro used the same bodies or mixed up parts and shoved out a white boxed army builder set it wouldn't matter to me. Once you get a crowd of em together they're just nasty little fuzzballs with pointy sharp spears and good woodcraft skills. like hamsters there's many variations in the pelts and some common traits. ginger black brown white striped piebald patchy salt and pepper. the possibilities are endless really. and the ewoks we see in ROTJ are many in number.

I'd like to see the deluxe glider re-issued sometime though. it is neat.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Here's a picture - film Ewoks on the first line, vintage figures on the second, and the upcoming ones on the bottom. The black Ewok is obviously the New Lumat. The brown one is slightly ambiguous given the off-color hood, but his face looks more like the picture of Romba than Warok. Also note how the new figures are given the same accessories as their vintage counterparts. Plus, as has been said many times before, the base pack's label sheet has one for Lumat and one for Romba, with Warok nowhere to be seen.

JON9000
06-11-2007, 07:31 PM
I think it should be WAROK and LUMAT. Just give one a slightly different colored bow and white tipped arrows, so future loose collectors can tear their hair out like I have!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Well, apparently it's not actually Lumat but Garak, according to a few sites - another Ewok who just so happens to look a lot like Lumat. Lumat is coming next year with a mother and wokling. Since the stand says "Lumat," I wonder if they thought that Garak was Lumat and got them confused (as I did), only to change it now? I guess Lumat does need a longer "moustache" but apart from that they look a lot alike.

Jargo
06-20-2007, 09:00 PM
'Graak' says Dan curto of rebelscum fame. Garak would be Elim Garak of Star Trek DS9.

DarthQuack
06-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Yes, I'll take an Ewok Village please! Thanks.

Droid
06-20-2007, 11:09 PM
The stickers say Romba and Lumat. I don't think there will be a Graak figure this year and I don't think that they would accidentally put a figure from the 2008 line in the stickers and I don't think they will release a mother with wokling AND a third Ewok all in one pack.

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 01:50 AM
"Grak" is what Derryl DePriest said at the CIV panel, there's no question in my mind on that, I could accept "Garak" since he had a little pause (it's what I wrote by accident in the live update) and I could even accept it might be "warok" since it's SLIGHTLY similar, but there's no way he said "Lumat", not even remotely.

Droid
06-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Then why the Lumat sticker and does anyone believe they are going to selll Lumat, mother, and Wokling all in one pack?

Jargo
06-21-2007, 10:28 AM
why not? if ewoks are coming in 2-packs, they've said they'll do the mother and wokling at some point, basically a mother ewok is the same as a warrior ewok design wise the wokling is just an accessory you'll either use or throw away. either way it's just a couple of ewoks in a blister to swell the tribe.

Personally i don't care which ewoks they shove out there. they're all much of a muchness besides the main four of logray Chirpa Teebo and Wicket.

if we do get lumat and female ewok next year then i think the ewoks after that should be Logray and Wicket. anything beyond that I'm not too bothered about names. it's just numbers.

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Then why the Lumat sticker and does anyone believe they are going to selll Lumat, mother, and Wokling all in one pack?
Early printing job before they had nailed down the character design perhaps, or a straight-up mistake, those are my best guesses.

bigbarada
06-22-2007, 01:56 AM
Graak looks an awful lot like Lumat to me, but honestly I don't care. I'm just happy to hear that we're getting another Ewok 2-Pack next year.

We still need a new Paploo as well, he's the Ewok who stole the Speeder Bike and the only new version we've seen was just Wicket with a new head. So I would like to see Hasbro redo him also.

TheDarthVader
06-23-2007, 04:09 PM
I agree. I want a new Paploo too. I have posted something to that effect in the dear hasbro section. I just want all of the ewoks who were made in the vintage line and a mother ewok with wokling. Any ewoks after are just bonuses.