PDA

View Full Version : What do you drive, and does Vader ride with you?

Old Fossil
06-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I've accumulated a number of favorite Star Wars figures in my truck lately, and was wondering if it was peculiar to me or if any others here took some of their figures with them. Then I got to wondering what everyone else drives.

I have a 1994 Ford F-150 that I bought in 1996 when it had 25,000 miles. Now it has 185,000 miles and is still going strong. It's white, or really a dirty white, as I haven't washed it since sometime around the last presidential election. The interior is blue, with a noticeable darker blue stain on the carpet where a Wendy's baked potato landed (upside down) when I had to make a sudden stop once, sometime around 1998, I think. I haven't tried eating a baked potato while driving since then. It's been a great truck. The Ford-bashers can kiss my bumper, 'cause my pickup has driven me across the country and moved me around more times than I can remember, and put more miles between Jackson, MS and the Gulf Coast than I am comfortable thinking about.

Anyway, about five or six years ago I affixed some velcro tape to the dash and to an action figure stand, and have had one of my figures up there ever since. Lately it's usually the OTC Yoda, or an Evolutions Sandtrooper, or a Saga AT-AT Driver. Gradually figures have ended up in the glove box or on the bench by my daughter's car seat. Finally, last month I bought a plastic school pencil/crayon box to keep my vehicle figures in, so that right now there's a VTSC Tusken, OTC Yoda, AT-AT Driver, VTSC Snowtrooper, ARC Trooper Alpha, Saga C-3PO (Endor), and Evolutions Vader. I like looking at them when I'm stuck in line at the bank, or at a particularly long traffic light. I try not to let it get in the way of safe driving. I don't use a cell phone anywhere, much less in the truck, but my figures are distracting enough when I'm stopped that sometimes I get honked at when a light turns green and I'm fiddling with Alpha's helmet.

Nobody else I know does this. I find it to be calming, a little bit of home and Star Wars in the middle of my long workdays. I suppose it's the equivalent of having one's figures in their office cubicle, but I don't really have my own personal area at work.

bobafrett
06-09-2007, 10:33 PM
I am currently driving a 1998 Dodge Durango. I bought it from my dad with over 200,000 miles on it. I used to have a lot of Star Wars stickers promoting both Star Wars and the 501st costuming club. Those were on my 2000 Plymouth Neon. But one day I was driving along, and I blew a piston rod. My credit wasn't up to par, so I went to my Dad, who sold me his Durango. He took very good care of it, and it runs smooth even with all those miles on it. I am afraid to put ant more promotional stickers as my dad does not care for Star Wars the way I do. I do have the one frog from "Flushed away" on my dash board. I would like to have some SW figure, but I wouldn't want it to get faded by the sunlight.

Rocketboy
06-10-2007, 12:42 AM
I've got a '97 Grand Am and I have a Yoda toy (from the Special Edition Taco Bell toys, IIRC) in the back window.
After a decade now hes pretty sun bleached and he hasn't brought me any luck, but there he sits in every car I've ever had.

2-1B
06-10-2007, 01:06 AM
2001 Ford (cli)Taurus and no action figures, be they Star Wars or Buddy Christ.

Luuuuuuke
06-10-2007, 01:28 AM
2000 Honda Civic. I don't have any evidence of my Star Wars fandom on it. Though if I buy a particularly cool action figure, I will sometimes open it and stand it in the little hutch where the speedometer is on the drive home.

Kidhuman
06-10-2007, 04:04 AM
Drive a 90 Buick, had a bunch of SW air freshners in it until about 3 weeks ago. Nothing else SW

mtriv73
06-10-2007, 09:48 AM
I've got a white 99 Passat that still runs as well as when I got it in '99. The only SW things I have in it are a few titaniums I haven't gotten around to bringing in the house yet. The only decoration I've put on my car is my VT alumni license plate holder and a VT window sticker.

I have seen a car in my area with Virginia vanity plates that says MTFBWY. I see it a couple times a year and it always makes me smile.

DarthQuack
06-10-2007, 10:02 AM
I drive a 2003 Honda Civic Coupe....no figures have graced my dashboard yet though.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Since 2001 (pre- Sep. 11, BTW), I've had a pair of kids' size 3 Darth Vader shoes in my back window with an American flag in each Velcro strap. They've made it through my first car (1990 Mazda Protege), a roll-over accident (2003 Saturn L200), and now my 2005 Saturn ION. No figs, however.

Jargo
06-10-2007, 03:37 PM
2005 Renault Megane Dynamique DCi 1.9 Saloon. Though getting the 2008 model next April.
Unfortunately I don't drive. our car is driven my partner who has banned any sort of toy from the car. besides the fluffy dice hanging behind the front seats and the Gromit stuck to the rear view window. but gromit is also an air freshener so that's why he's allowed. I'll be interested actually to see what i can sneak into the car over the summer. a. to see if the dog can resist eating it and b. to see if it stays where I put it or gets moved back indoors. I'll update y'all.

TeeEye7
06-10-2007, 05:42 PM
2002 Toyota Highlander. No figs, but SW soundtracks on board to make travel more enjoyable!

UKWildcat
06-10-2007, 08:17 PM
1993 Dodge Stealth R/T ; No SW stuff. Getting ready to sell it and purchase a new vehicle though. It's got 130,000 miles on it and it's not as reliable as it used to be, plus parts for it are rather expensive and are pretty hard to come by. It will be missed...

Here's a picture that I took not too long ago:

JimJamBonds
06-11-2007, 12:10 AM
2001 Toyota Camery, no figs but the Episode I and III soundtracks are hanging out in my cd holder.

CaptainSolo1138
06-11-2007, 07:56 AM
2000 Pontiac S(t)unfire. No SW junk, just two car seats.

JetsAndHeels
06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I have a 98 Jeep Cherokee. There are lots of various items in the back of it....but only one Star Wars figure, and its an episode I Mace Windu still in the package. My buddy gave it to me about 2 months ago and I have yet to move it (which tends to be the case with all my junk back there).
Besides that I have a bag full of Superman returns BK kids meal toys, some comic books in a bag, cd cases, a blanket, and the McDonald's TMNT happy meal display with all the toys in it.
Lots of junk huh? :)

LusiferSam
06-12-2007, 09:48 PM
'02 Ford Explorer. I keep very little in my car that I'm not going to use.

Deoxyribonucleic
06-14-2007, 08:21 PM
A Silver 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser with no star wars stuff or anything like that in it. I like to keep it simple and clean inside. The SW craziness stays in the house :whip: :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-17-2007, 09:49 PM
A Silver 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser with no star wars stuff or anything like that in it. I like to keep it simple and clean inside. The SW craziness stays in the house :whip: :)

Ditto except for the model; A 2005 Silver Chevy Malibu. The only time I had a Star Wars product in there (besides for storing my retail purchases over the years) was a CD of the soundtracks from the Star Wars trilogy.

My bedroom is another matter. I just had my sister's beau ask me the other day, "How does anyone move around your bedroom?"

Answer, "Very carefully."

Blue2th
06-17-2007, 11:08 PM
1993 Black Toyota X-tra cab 4x4 pick-up.
Right now it's just a little plush black and white Felix the Cat stuffed clinging to above my mirror. looking down on me.
I've been looking for a way to put Darth Vader or Maul or both in there with me.
Though I don't like glueing anything to my nice uncracked dash.
I might have to make a hangman's noose for him/ them.
Black has always been my favorite non-color, so it kinda fits.
Does that make me evil?

JimJamBonds
05-05-2010, 10:40 AM
2001 Toyota Camry, and no Vader does not ride shotgun (of in the backseat and/or trunk).

TeeEye7
05-05-2010, 12:17 PM
I still have my Highlander and my SW CDs...... :yes:

Warped
05-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I drive a Black 2008 Ford F-150. R2-D2 rides with me, my wife wont allow any more than that in there. But what she doesnt know is that my Truck is going in to get Darth Vader painted on the hood in a few months. I will deal with it after its done.

JimJamBonds
05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
But what she doesnt know is that my Truck is going in to get Darth Vader painted on the hood in a few months. I will deal with it after its done.

That reminds me about 10 years ago I guy 2-1b and myself know kept talking about getting the 'Blizzard of Oz' cover art on the hood of his car. As a side note 10 or so years later he still hasn't done it.

sith_killer_99
05-05-2010, 06:15 PM
I drive this 1977 Toyota Celica, and YES, Darth Vader rides with me!

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/7117/starwarsf.jpg (http://img12.imageshack.us/i/starwarsf.jpg/)

morpheus282
05-05-2010, 07:03 PM
'02 Trans Am, no toys in it most of the time but it has been used to transport my entire collection at least twice. I used to have an R2 on the dash but it's been MIA for several years.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Since 2001 (pre- Sep. 11, BTW), I've had a pair of kids' size 3 Darth Vader shoes in my back window with an American flag in each Velcro strap. They've made it through my first car (1990 Mazda Protege), a roll-over accident (2003 Saturn L200), and now my 2005 Saturn ION. No figs, however.Still have the '05 car; in fact, this Friday will be the 5th anniversary of its purchase. Now have a sun-bleached and dead insect next to the shoes, too. :D

Slicker
05-05-2010, 08:20 PM
2002 Chevy Blazer. Sorry, no action figures.

Neuroleptic
05-05-2010, 09:50 PM
2005 Chevy Malibu

No figures in other than the ones I open before I get home cause I'm too impatent before hand . . .

sith_killer_99
05-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Current daily driver is a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart.

Darth Jax
05-05-2010, 11:08 PM
03 acura. no figures, but i do have a spongebob air freshner laying on the floor in the back seat area, next to a bud light hat.

Phantom-like Menace
05-06-2010, 04:56 AM
I usually drive a 2003 Extended Cab Chevy Silverado. No toys. I'd never been a huge pickup fan, but after driving this one, a pickup still wouldn't be my first choice in vehicles, but I don't dislike them.

Otherwise, I often borrow my brother's 2008 Hyundai Accent. While I'm sure there are several toys in permanent residence in that vehicle, they are figures that were purchased for BAD parts, MASS elements, or their accessories and simply thrown in the back, buried under life's crap and rarely to be seen again.

JimJamBonds
05-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Still have the '05 car; in fact, this Friday will be the 5th anniversary of its purchase. Now have a sun-bleached and dead insect next to the shoes, too. :D

I hope that insect (along with the shoes of course) will be transferred to your next car. lol

mtriv73
05-06-2010, 10:34 AM
'04 Audi A6. There are probably some Star Wars toys in there brought along by my 2.5 year old son. He seems to bring a toy with him every time we get in the car and ususally just leaves them there.

bigbarada
05-06-2010, 01:24 PM
2003 Chevy Cavalier, the closest thing to an action figure inside it is the E-3PO BAD arm that I dropped in the car a year ago and haven't been able to find since (not that I've really driven myself crazy looking either).

El Chuxter
05-06-2010, 04:41 PM
I always imagine Frassk to be my co-pilot.

sith_killer_99
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
I always imagine Frassk to be my co-pilot.

Frassk is Yiddish for "slap in the face".

No, really, look it up.:yes:

BTW Chux, what do you drive?

TeeEye7
05-07-2010, 03:07 AM
2002 Chevy Blazer. Sorry, no action figures.

Do you drive it on the flight deck?

Bel-Cam Jos
05-07-2010, 07:22 PM
I hope that insect (along with the shoes of course) will be transferred to your next car. lolMy Grey Poupon jar is on a shelf in my bedroom, after having been in my first car for 10+ years (I bought it around '93 :eek: ). But the insect shall remain where it is, even after the car goes (it would be unfair to separate it from Elizabeth, my current car ;) ).

And 5 years ago today, I bought a car with 14 miles on it; I just broke the 27K mark a week or so back.

morpheus282
05-07-2010, 08:21 PM
My Grey Poupon jar is on a shelf in my bedroom, after having been in my first car for 10+ years (I bought it around '93 :eek: ). But the insect shall remain where it is, even after the car goes (it would be unfair to separate it from Elizabeth, my current car ;) ).

And 5 years ago today, I bought a car with 14 miles on it; I just broke the 27K mark a week or so back.

If the car's name is Elizabeth, you need to call the bug Fred - especially since "the big one" finally got him.

sebillba
05-08-2010, 06:57 AM
I drive a Smart Grandstyle - it's racing green and is called Greedo. :D I have a Kubrick Greedo hanging from the r/v mirror.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-08-2010, 10:05 AM
If the car's name is Elizabeth, you need to call the bug Fred - especially since "the big one" finally got him.Actually, the genesis of the name came out of a rollover accident that totalled my previous Saturn, and how I emerged basically unscathed. To live again = Elizabeth. Alas, there may not be such reinCARnation luck for the bug. Any other ideas on his/her/its name, posters? :rolleyes:

Slicker
05-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Do you drive it on the flight deck?I wish. They should hook me up to the catapult and launch me. I do have wing doors so it could work.

*and yes that's my truck in real life.

DarkArtist
05-18-2010, 11:42 AM
I drive a 2009 Honda FIT but alas Vader does not ride with me.... i do however have all the CD's for the movies and play them in order from time to time so in a way I have the Saga in my ride.....

When I had my previous Ford Explorer I have the Darth Vader dashboard buddy as well as a Pizza Hut Yoda on the dashboard.

I sometimes have action figures in the car but it never lasts long as they are usually only there when they are first bought and then opened for display in the house.

Slicker
05-27-2010, 12:21 AM
I just took a few more pictures of my truck today. They're on Facebook but for those that don't have me as a friend here they are.

TeeEye7
05-27-2010, 04:04 AM
That's what my company car should look like.....

JimJamBonds
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
That's what my company car should look like.....

You can only get a company car like that if you are a government employee. Right Slick? :p

TeeEye7
05-28-2010, 06:43 PM
County government doesn't count? :(

JimJamBonds
05-28-2010, 08:52 PM
County government doesn't count? :(

Umm I guess only federal employee's. :D

Slicker
05-29-2010, 12:33 AM
I should get a bumper sticker that reads: My other ride is an aircraft carrier. :D

plasticfetish
05-29-2010, 03:47 AM
I've got a bumper sticker that says, "My other ride is Slicker's mom."

...ba-dum ching

Bel-Cam Jos
05-29-2010, 10:55 AM
I always wanted to get a license plate holder that reads: "My other car? My OTHER car?"