View Full Version : $800 for the Premium Format Biker Scout?

06-10-2007, 12:01 AM
That stinks, that's more than I paid for my pickup truck. :mad:

I was really hoping that this would be a 12" figure for two reasons:

1. I would actually be able to afford it without draining my savings.

2. I would be able to take it out of that stupid pose.

Is anyone planning on buying this? I guess, technically, I could afford to buy it, but everyday I would be looking at the thing and thinking to myself, "I could have bought a laptop with what I spent on this 'toy'."

I already have Hasbro's 12" Speeder Bike, so I think I'll just wait to see if Sideshow releases a 12" Biker Scout.

jedi master sal
06-10-2007, 02:03 AM
...I already have Hasbro's 12" Speeder Bike...

This is precisely why I didn't even consider the $800 dollar one. I have five 12" Speeder bikes. 3 Leia, 1 Luke and 1 Biker. I sold one of the Leia's and found a boxed Biker several years later who now goes with the Speederbike.

The Leia 12" w/speederbike I got for only $12.48, so there's NO way I'm going to pay $800 for something simliar and that can be reposed how I want to.

Now if this were say three feet long I might have considered it, nah....

BB, I hear ya man. High end stuff while extremely nice and great conversation pieces, just aren't my fortay. I'm an army builder through and through. So I look at an item for $800 and think that's more than 110 figures I could have. Besides, you drop and somehow break one action figure, no biggie. Do that to this piece and you'll be POed.

06-10-2007, 10:27 AM
The PF Speeder Bike w/ Scout is f'n sweet as i can say from seeing it in person at CIV. But I'm not gonna spend $800 by a long shot. $600 is still steep but would have been a better price.

I can wait for a standard 12" SS Scout.

El Chuxter
06-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I'm going to get five, and film myself blowing them up.

06-10-2007, 05:14 PM
It is a lot of money, probably to much, but I still pre-ordered one anyway. :hurt: If the edition size is to large I'll be canceling it though. All of the other SW PF figures have been cheaper on the secondary market so I might just pick it up on eBay. We'll see.

06-10-2007, 07:53 PM
A 1:4 scale speederbike and film-accurate rider with 14 points of articulation in high-quality materials and paint, that's not gonna be a Big Lots item. Seeing this sucker in person really puts the Hasbro 12" line version to shame. That said, no way I'm dropping that much coin on ANY collectible.

06-12-2007, 02:06 AM
I just bought a house over here in Tx, so there is NO WAY I could afford an $800 item. Even if I could, I would not spend that kinda of dough - its a cool piece, just not a $910 item (once you figure in tax and shipping)!

06-19-2007, 04:06 AM
If I ever win the lottery I might think of the bikerscout. He is amazing but on $800 I could buy a Master Replicas AT-AT or buy a Master Replicas Stormtrooper Blaster and still get $400 back.

06-19-2007, 08:51 PM
I canceled my order after the edition size was announced. 1500 pieces is definitely not what I call "strictly limited" as they advertised during it's pre-order. No way this piece holds it's value IMO. I'll pick it up on eBay and save a few hundred if I still feel the need to have it.

06-20-2007, 10:29 PM
The MR AT-AT sold for $1200 and I don't think it's gone down on the aftermarket.

06-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Actually the MR AT-AT Signature Edition sells pretty regularly around $850. You can find the regular edition for even less.