PDA

View Full Version : OT Troopers need better left hand sculpts

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Having just received the Vintage-style Snowtrooper, I am very impressed with the figure but it completes an issue I've been thinking a lot about lately - the various new troopers' left hands.

Why the left hands, you ask? Because that's the hand that's supposed to hold the barrel of the standard-issue E-11 stormtrooper blaster.

Now we have the VOTC Stormtrooper, Evolutions Sandtrooper, TSC Sandtrooper, Tantive IV Battle Pack Stormtrooper, TAC Stormtrooper, and VTSC2 Snowtrooper - many of which are seen holding the blaster in 2 hands on their own card fronts! And none of those figures can properly hold the blaster this way because their left hands are bent too far down (ironically so that left hand can also hold the blaster's grip instead of its barrel).

The Clone Trooper figures can hold their blasters 2-handed this way, but their blasters are bigger and stiffer plastic. Whenever an OT trooper holds an E-11 2-handed, either it's at the very very tip or it bends the gun considerably. This is especially bad with any figure based on the VOTC Stormtrooper whose hand is especially difficult to work with in this respect.

This must be rectified, please, and soon. Help me Hasbro, you're my only hope!