PDA

View Full Version : The great Pegwarmer Hasbro discussion thread

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Last week, over at ActionFigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1384) we asked Hasbro this question:
In 2002, heavy pegwarming led several figures to be recalled, sent back to Hasbro. Will this happen again anytime soon, perhaps to remedy the problems of Moff Jerjerrod, Lushros Dofine, and the abundant TSC-era Greatest Hits leftovers which are still pegwarming hard nearly a year after their releases?
And a couple days ago they sent this answer:
While you may see some figures more abundant locally, that is not the case everywhere, with no pegwarming problems with any individual figures on a national level. The Greatest Hits, in partcular, have long been depleted on a national level. If you have a particular store with an unusually heavy concentration of a particular figure, please send along the store # (any manager should be able to tell you this), the figure in question, and a picture if allowed and we will pass this info along to our retail marketing group to try and address.
Another thread has been set up to take down the reports:
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=35355

but as you can see in this thread, there's still plenty to discuss as well. There's no discussion allowed in that thread, it's just for reports, but feel free to discuss the project in this thread.

El Chuxter
06-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Out of curiosity, since they didn't say they absolutely need photos, would it be permissible to not post one if you don't have the capability to take them?

figrin bran
06-10-2007, 05:13 PM
i'll get right to work on this! :thumbsup:

2-1B
06-10-2007, 06:07 PM
May as well take a pic of the Saga Legends Threepio w/ BD Head that I saw today...

Tycho
06-10-2007, 06:21 PM
What about the OFFENSES of Malakali and Mon Mothma? Zam Wessel? For years these criminals have gone unpunished. Only now when so many have suffered do we see a sign of our salvation in AMERICA'S LEAST WANTED - the new series on the Hasbro Channel.

But C-3PO, Moff Jerjerrod, and Lushros Dofine will pay for their transgressions! I fully support the Dis-pegged Penalty! Let's restore justice.

metaljedi
06-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Might as well put down the Wave 3 Vader along with Legends Vader on this list of pegwarmers.

JediTricks
06-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Out of curiosity, since they didn't say they absolutely need photos, would it be permissible to not post one if you don't have the capability to take them?I hate to say yes because we've already got half the replies in here messing around, that's worse than no help at all. Also, it doesn't tell everything they're going to want to know, the concentration of pegwarmers to non-pegwarmers, pegwarmers to empty pegs, etc.. A photo really is going to speak volumes that even a detailed report cannot.

But, for the time being I'm going to say "yes - but only the most serious of responses" and hope to see responsible, in-person reports. Also, these reports will be probably gauged lower than photo reports. And most importantly, bad or sloppy info will only harm this thing, not help it.

May as well take a pic of the Saga Legends Threepio w/ BD Head that I saw today...That is no help at all.

What about the OFFENSES of Malakali and Mon Mothma? Zam Wessel? For years these criminals have gone unpunished. Only now when so many have suffered do we see a sign of our salvation in AMERICA'S LEAST WANTED - the new series on the Hasbro Channel.

But C-3PO, Moff Jerjerrod, and Lushros Dofine will pay for their transgressions! I fully support the Dis-pegged Penalty! Let's restore justice.That is even further no help at all.

Its against store policies to take p[ics with in the store, I dont have a cell phone camera so I cant even sneak one.

Wal Mart - CBurg Va Store # 1292 - 4 full pegs of the H&V and GB, mainly emperor and shocktroopers. Also TAC Obi-Wans and R2's are sticking around more than the rest.Could you clarify how many Emperors and Shocktroopers, and which specific figures they refer to? I'd like to be crystal. And how many TAC Obi-Wans and R2s would be helpful as well.

Might as well put down the Wave 3 Vader along with Legends Vader on this list of pegwarmers.That's no help, new figures are not "pegwarmers", they have to be old stock that's not moving.

decadentdave
06-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Oh man, I know of a few Walmarts around here that are stocked to the brim with LAST YEAR'S VTSC figures and they are STILL marked at $10. I swear they must have 20-30 Greedos, Endor Han Solo and Tusken Raider that have been collecting dust. I actually ran my finger across the top of the clamshell and it left my finger covered in thick dark gray dust. I don't see how the department managers can let that stuff linger around. They know it doesn't sell. Why don't they take initiative to mark them down just to make more room?

plasticfetish
06-11-2007, 04:18 AM
As much as I like this idea... I can't think of one store that would really allow any of us to take photos. Besides, isn't this what those Hasbro merchandisers are for?

Tycho
06-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Who said anything about asking permission?

However, PlasticFetish is right - this is the job of the store merchandisers not the retail store's customers (us). But it is like a check and balance on them, though it reads more like (to the merchandisers) "If we can't pay you to do a good job, we'll get fanboys online to do your job for you - and they'll work for free." :rolleyes: C'mon. Doesn't something sound wrong with that picture?

Chaddymac
06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I for one think that Hasbro is saying to the fans, "You've been talking to us for a while, now we're trying a solution that allows us both to do something to address the problem."

If you don't want to participate, don't.

Tycho
06-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Don't get me wrong Chaddymac (if you were addressing folks with opinions similar to mine), I like being "empowered" by Hasbro a bit on this matter, however it still is the job of their merchandisers. This feels like just an attempt to pacify us a little with regards to the pegwarmers - but it is smart.

The computers reorder inventory because the retailers don't seem to think their employees are smart enough to handle that.

Thus every 12 Lushros Dofine figures in stock registers as a "complete case" of Saga2 figures (whether they are hidden or not) and more will not be re-ordered to that store. Further more, because of Lushros, you have to wonder how many cases of Wave 8, 9, and Wal-Mart exclusive Wave 10 of Saga2 are still stuck in the retail giants' warehouses?

RECOMMENDATION TO JEDITRICKS, this topic obviously prompted a DISCUSSION - and it would do that. If you're serious about making this a working effort - start another thread (leave this one for discussion) and make the new one a STICKY THREAD and have it moderated, with posts deleted that don't list pegwarmers and attach pictures - much like the way Kidhuman and JediMasterSal handle the case assortments sticky list or you've handled the Hasbro Q&A threads.

I'd leave this thread a place to discuss the effort though - since that is a huge temptation.

That being said, it's time for TYCHO' DEFINITIONS again!

In Tycho-Speak, what is:

TRUE PEGWARMING

and what is

FALSE PEGWARMING?

While I'm usually a smartaleck, there is a point to discussing this. I always have a point. It might be an insane point, but this is not the case here.

A case of Star Wars figures is though:

WAVE 1:

2 Marines
2 Airbornes
1 McQuarrie
1 Mace
2 Obi-Wans
2 R2D2
1 Super Battle Droid
1 Lava Miner

We know the troopers sell - and fast. So I'd submit that 3 cases worth of the slow-sellers:

6 Obi-Wans
6 R2D2

While inventory marks this as a complete case....

Is FALSE PEGWARMING. Rather we should call this IN-STOCK. They have some Star Wars figures. All it takes is 6 newbies or so, and that's not that hard to achieve.

Now, if things don't move still, and there are

18 Obi-Wans
18 R2D2s

This would be TRUE PEGWARMING - that's 3 cases worth with no selection!

This is NOT going to move except in the course of maybe 2 or more MONTHS!

I think that JediTricks should settle on a definition of TRUE PEGWARMING and post its conditions in the sticky thread with his instructions. Perhaps we could all agree on a definition for TRUE PEGWARMING here?

El Chuxter
06-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Or, how about we use our best judgment, and then JT uses his judgment on what to tell Hasbro, and then the Hasbro reps use their judgment on what constitutes a pegwarmer?

SplFrcsCWO
06-11-2007, 02:00 PM
This feels like just an attempt to pacify us a little with regards to the pegwarmers - but it is smart.

I had the same thought. They probably want these lists so they can start planning new battle pack sets to use these figures in.

El Chuxter
06-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I can't help but wonder when we'll hear news of "The Defense of Neimoidia" Battlepack: Lushros Dofine, Lott Dodd, Neimoidian Commander, and two Neimoidian Warriors.

Tycho
06-11-2007, 02:14 PM
That was one of your funniest posts, Chuxter! :thumbsup:

It could be a horror movie, too. Imagine Freddy Kruegar and Jason wearing Target redshirts, stocking those! Lightining is striking outside the store windows at 5 o'clock in the morning. You hear a werewolf howl in the distance, and Freddy and Jason stock the Defense of Niemoidia Battle Packs.

AAAAaaaaaagghhhhh! :eek: :hurt:

Chaddymac
06-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I had the same thought. They probably want these lists so they can start planning new battle pack sets to use these figures in.
Ah hahahahahahahaha!

morpheus282
06-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Wal-Mart #s 1320 and 578 have seen little or no 30th anniversary figures. So far I've gotten one airborne trooper from eBay since my odds of finding it locally are slim and none. The only evidence that the wave has hit the area is there have been one or two Obi-Wan and R2-D2 figures warming the pegs. I've only seen one Mace and a single lava miner across several trips to both these stores and the local Targets. I'll try to have a couple of pics in the next few days of the dozens of older figures that seem to be multiplying like rabbits.

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 11:46 PM
So now we have this discussion thread, and the other thread will be for reports only.

Oh man, I know of a few Walmarts around here that are stocked to the brim with LAST YEAR'S VTSC figures and they are STILL marked at $10. I swear they must have 20-30 Greedos, Endor Han Solo and Tusken Raider that have been collecting dust. I actually ran my finger across the top of the clamshell and it left my finger covered in thick dark gray dust. I don't see how the department managers can let that stuff linger around. They know it doesn't sell. Why don't they take initiative to mark them down just to make more room?What happens there is the Toy Dept managers at WM have a clearance budget and a list of potential items they can put on it, but because of the budget they can't put EVERYTHING on it. After a while, if an item doesn't get clearanced out and disappears, it falls off the potential-clearance list and then never gets clearanced.

Besides, isn't this what those Hasbro merchandisers are for?In theory, sort of, but really those store reps are next to useless at info to and from the company, they have a specific job to do (clean up pegs, help transition more Hasbro product efficiently onto shelves) and that's all they do.

Who said anything about asking permission?Hasbro did when they said about the photos "if allowed".

I for one think that Hasbro is saying to the fans, "You've been talking to us for a while, now we're trying a solution that allows us both to do something to address the problem."

If you don't want to participate, don't.Thank you, totally agree!

Or, how about we use our best judgment, and then JT uses his judgment on what to tell Hasbro, and then the Hasbro reps use their judgment on what constitutes a pegwarmer?Yeah, I figure the reports will speak for themselves and I can decide what gets weight and what gets left at the bottom of the list (or off it).

Wal-Mart #s 1320 and 578 have seen little or no 30th anniversary figures. So far I've gotten one airborne trooper from eBay since my odds of finding it locally are slim and none. The only evidence that the wave has hit the area is there have been one or two Obi-Wan and R2-D2 figures warming the pegs. I've only seen one Mace and a single lava miner across several trips to both these stores and the local Targets. I'll try to have a couple of pics in the next few days of the dozens of older figures that seem to be multiplying like rabbits.Sounds like a good plan, please be sure to post them in the report thread now.

Also, if your photos are too large for the forums and you can't shrink them down, upload them for free to a service like www.imageshack.us (http://www.imageshack.us)

bigbarada
06-11-2007, 11:52 PM
If you go to www.walmart.com and enter your zip code, it will give you a list of nearby Wal-Marts. You can get the individual store numbers from there.

Anyways, the Super Wal-Mart #213 in Litchfield, IL, has not received a single new TAC figure in over three weeks. Nothing is pegwarming, there is just nothing there but empty space; but I know that's not the point of this thread.

As for Saga2 figures, we have Endor Luke and the Endor Rebel Troopers pegwarming right now. Luke being the worst offender. I don't have exact numbers or photos, but I can try to get that sometime this week.

Do all the White TIE Fighters stacking up on the bottom shelf count as pegwarmers?

JediTricks
06-11-2007, 11:58 PM
No, we're just reporting figures right now. When you get those hard numbers, please post them in the Report thread.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-12-2007, 01:53 AM
If you go to www.walmart.com and enter your zip code, it will give you a list of nearby Wal-Marts. You can get the individual store numbers from there.The Wal-Mart receipts also have the store number on them. On the line before your items, it is the number that follows ST#. I don't see anything on Target receipts that indicate it though.

AmanaMatt
06-12-2007, 03:03 AM
My closest local Walmart:

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5092
190 East Fm 3040
Lewisville (Se), TX 75067
(972) 315-3398

They have had the same 40 SAGA figures just falling off the pegs (I am not exaggerating) - this store has not seen one TAC figure yet - with the exception of the Vader/Coin Album set! The rest in the area have been decent - this store is AWFUL!!!

JediTricks
06-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Well, now I've changed the thread title yet again, I took out the "report to" part, it was awkward and confusing apparently.

My closest local Walmart:

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5092
190 East Fm 3040
Lewisville (Se), TX 75067
(972) 315-3398

They have had the same 40 SAGA figures just falling off the pegs (I am not exaggerating) - this store has not seen one TAC figure yet - with the exception of the Vader/Coin Album set! The rest in the area have been decent - this store is AWFUL!!!
Find out which ones they are specifically and report them in the Reporting thread.

JON9000
06-12-2007, 05:44 PM
this is a really cool idea, but I have noticed in stores that still have a lot of the Naboo wave, they have empty pegs, too, which tells me either new stock gets sold out quickly, or there simply is no new stock, which I doubt Hasbro can really do much about.

Even when Mon Mothma was taking up 3 whole pegs at TRU, those SAGA figures on the rest of the pegs were selling smoothly!

El Chuxter
06-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Dumb question:

If a store only has a small number of SW figures, but they've been there forever, should those be reported? I think a couple of the K-Marts in the area still have a few ROTS Mon Mothmas.

Kidhuman
06-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Report it.

jedi master sal
06-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Don't I know it! :p

A count of each. This is why photos would have been way better. :ermm:

JT, I think Hasbro knows it's very hard to get pics. Stores are not cooperative in this. And I know prolly all of us don't want to get thrown out of stores just for taking some pics. Why would we risk not being able to shop at these stores?

So Hasbro is going to have to accept the lists as truth. I'm fairly certain our fellow forumites will not lie about this. A slight exaggeration? Maybe, but can we really get accurate pics as well? I dare say know, especially with the risk involved.

Anyway...with that my report of pegwarmers (In the case of Target I can't get the store number but I've detailed the address which should be just as good):
Target
West Mifflin
1717 Lebanon Church Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15236
(412) 502-0020
3-4 dozen TSC (2006) figures.
approx 3 dozen older Titanium waves. (at least a wave or two old)

Waterfront
360 Waterfront Dr E
Homestead, PA 15120
(412) 464-2522
2 dozen TSC (2006) figures.
approx 2 dozen older Titanium waves. (at least a wave or two old)

Ross Township
4801 McKnight Rd Ste 60
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
(412) 536-1807
2-3 dozen TSC (2006) figures.

Monroeville
4004 Monroeville Blvd
Monroeville, PA 15146
(412) 374-9611
2-3 dozen TSC (2006) figures.

So as we can see, Targets are chock full of old product. Per store it may not seem liek much, but when this is city wide, it's becomes an epidemic. Targets are suffering losses on SW because there isn't new product. Why do you think they liquidated their Order 66 product? Not just to move those sets, but to hope to get people back in to shop for other SW stuff as well. It didn't help. I should also add that the rare times they get in TAC figures they sell out quickly with the exceptions of Mac, Obi, and R2 from Wave 1.

Now for the next store.
Wal*Mart:
I'm going to make this easy for this section. Each of these Wal*Marts has at the minimum 3 dozen TSC (2006) figures on the pegs PER STORE. Titaniums are similar being at least 2 dozen per store. To repeat what was said in the Target section as it applies here as well, the rare times Wal*Mart gets in TAC figures they sell out quickly with the exceptions of Mac, Obi, and R2 from Wave 1.

Mind you these are the stores I go to with regularity. There are at least a good 6 more stores in the region that I don't check so often, but I'd have a hard time believeing they are not faced with the deluge of old product. The odds of those stores not having old product vs only the ones I go to is astronomical, so no excuse or twist of truth can really be made here.

Here are the listsings for Wal*Mart:
Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2281
2351 Century Drive
West Mifflin, PA 15122
(412) 655-3404

Wal-Mart Store #5381
5055 Library Road
Bethel Park, PA 15102
(412) 831-0459

Wal-Mart Store #5040
2200 Washington Pike
Carnegie, PA 15106
(412) 429-1285
6.39 miles

Wal-Mart Store #2603
300 Wal-Mart Drive
Gibsonia, PA 15044
(724) 449-2700

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2420
100 Sara Way/Rostraver Square
Belle Vernon, PA 15012
(724) 929-2424

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #3228
6700 Hollywood Blvd
Delmont, PA 15626
(724) 468-6274

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #1770
20245 Route 19
Cranberry Tnship/Ev, PA 16066
(724) 772-4550

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #2611
2100 Summit Ridge Plaza
Mt Pleasant, PA 15666
(724) 542-7300

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #5379
1450 Morrell Avenue
Connellsville, PA 15425
(724) 626-4470

Wal-Mart Store #2019
80 Matthew Drive
Uniontown, PA 15401
(724) 438-3344

Strangely enough Toys R Us and Kmarts in my area are not pegwarming.

Instead, they are faced with the problem of having virtually no new TAC action figures at all.

Of the 6 Toys R Us I go to locally each store barely has 3-6 figures on the pegs total. (Not per peg either, I'm talking 8 pegs, but only 3-6 figures total. So not even one figure per peg...)

I only go to one Kmart and they have next to nothing as well.

So there you have it Hasbro. Either certain stores (WalMart and Target) are sitting on tons of old product. Or, other stores (Toys R Us and KMarts) have NONE or virtually no new product to sell.

YOU Hasbro are to blame for this. You MUST stop shipment of 2006 product. Having the same SKU not only screwed your retailers but consumers as well. Everyone is losing here. You in sales, retailers in sales, and consumers in product they WANT to buy.

If this isn't a detailed enough report (sans pics and you can see where that would have been exhaustive) then I don't know what is.

It's not for lack of overall interest. It's for lack of interest in OLD product. There is very much an active collector scene here in the greater Pittsburgh Metro region.

I can only speak for myself when I say that I've had to resort to online ordering because of the old product. I can't afford to waste that much GAS only to come up empty. So in that you are also directly impacting the market because gas stations aren't getting my money either. Not just the price of gas, but the unavailable product keeps me at home more and more.

The way I see this fixed is by producing only so much product for each wave. Then keep tabs on the collecting sites and see what people are scrambling to get and want more of, then come out with refresher waves towards the end of the year that ONLY include those figures highly sought after. NOT whole waves of old figures, where the majority are not wanted.

It's simple, the overwhelming majority of people only want one of each of the major characters, while there are tons of troops that people want.

True the casual buyer might buy just a couple of the main characters, but there are loads more kids and collectors alike who will buy MANY of the troops. And by troops I don't just mean clones. I mean Imperial troops, such as Stormtroopers, Death Star troopers, Gunners, etc. But beyond those there are also Speratists troops and Rebellion troops.

Even if you don't agree with the troop analogy, the thing is you are flooding the market with too many older waves of figures that everyone has now (with some rare exceptions like extras of the "Elite clone" or Commander Appo-again both troops..). Why do you think those keep selling out on your site? Along with the other figures that sell out....look at the percentage of troops selling out vs main characters. You can't pull the wool over our eyes. I see it everyday. At stores, online at retailers and on forums.

All figures sell, troops much more so, but there has to be an even keel. To many main characters, especially Vader!! are going to clog up the shelves. This will prematurely kill the line by retailors assuming there is no interest in SW anymore.
Again that couldn't be further from the truth. We the consumers want your product. You have a fantastic line-up for 2007. So let's see it! We shouldn't barely be seeing wave 3 in June. By now it should be wave 5 or 6.

With the sub-line of Legends, we should have seen the first wave or two in good number. Again look at that line and what do you see? Most requested figures are what??? TROOPS!!!!

Ok, nuff said.

jedi master sal
06-14-2007, 11:02 AM
Yeha Chux Report that. They are pegwarmers after all.

I just psoted a huge report in the othe thread. No JT I can't be that specific because of the amount of stores. It has to suffice that the figures listed are from the last two waves of TSC when I post that there are 3-4 dozen TSC figs on the pegs. It at least shows theere are nearly whole cases of figures not selling. Now the exceptions to those figures are the Elite clone and Commander Appo. Otherwise it's just about everyone else from those last two waves.

I think Hasbro was trying to make up for past years by having product on the shelves for the last quarter of 2006. Problem is they overproduced and now we are stuck with the glut.

we really should be up to wave 5 or 6 of TAC and at least wave 1 on a regular basis for the Legends line, if not wave 2. The Saga line should be history by now.

Only thing to say about this is, there should be no lack of product for the last two quearters of the year. At the rate things are going, we'll just be on wave 6 by Christmas and still have a few waves to go...Not to mention the Legends line as well. Then what? There will be TAC well into 2008. Well, I guess that will do fine as we should be done with that stuff by the time the two TV shows start up. Then we can work on getting those figs as well...

Trust me, there's a lot of sarcasm in that previous paragraph, even if it doesn't read that way.

bigbarada
06-14-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty fed up with this. About 11 months ago I was just starting to see the Endor Rebels, Endor Luke, Threepio and Chirpa. Now they are all still on the shelves, with the exception of Chirpa (for being such a "rip-off" he sure did fly off the pegs around here).

At this time in 2006, I was seeing figures all the way into wave 4, with wave 5 just starting to show up, and I already had a complete set of the new vintage figures. Now, we've had a couple of shipments of wave 1 like three months ago and maybe one shipment of wave 2 shortly after, then nothing. And I mean absolutely NOTHING, not even pegwarmers just empty space.

The only reason I got Bossk and IG-88 is because I ordered them online, There's no evidence of vintage figures at my Wal-Mart, not even pegs labeled for the vintage collection. Just one row of empty TAC pegs, one row of Comic 2-Pack pegs (with nothing on them but the Tarkin/Stormtrooper set), one row of TSC that is literally overflowing with last year's merchandise, and an ever-growing stack of white TIE Fighters on the bottom shelf.

I can understand that with Spider-Man 3, POTC 3 and Transformers, that stores might not consider Star Wars a big priority: but this is ridiculous, Those silly Avatar and Ben 10 figures are getting restocked more frequently.:upset:

TheRealDubya
06-14-2007, 12:54 PM
The last three store employees I have talked to (at Fred Meyer, Wal-Mart and Target), when I asked if they had any additional NEW Star Wars figures on stock, they said, "No way...we can't keep them on the shelves." Hopefully they're just selling through like fire at the department stores, while TRU is managing better because they ordered correctly and toys are their MAIN business, not just a sub-department like at the majors.

TheRealDubya
06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Now they are all still on the shelves, with the exception of Chirpa (for being such a "rip-off" he sure did fly off the pegs around here).

And yeah, I think I saw the Chief three times in the wild. That figure did great in our area.

El Chuxter
06-14-2007, 12:58 PM
I thought I'd read on another site's Q&A that they were going to release full cases of Chirpa, so that collectors could customize their own Ewoks and they'd never have to make any more. I guess they must've changed their minds?

bigbarada
06-14-2007, 02:14 PM
I thought I'd read on another site's Q&A that they were going to release full cases of Chirpa, so that collectors could customize their own Ewoks and they'd never have to make any more. I guess they must've changed their minds?

I wouldn't mind them making a generic Ewok and releasing him in different fur color patterns and hood variations, but not a specific Ewok like Chirpa who has too many bobbles and trinkets hanging from his hood to make a proper neutral Ewok. Fortunately, with the Ewok 2-pack coming out, it looks like that plan has been scrapped. I don't want an Ewok army bad enough to settle for a bunch of Chief Chirpa clones.

DarkArtist
06-14-2007, 05:12 PM
well around here in Jersey mostly the Saga line is the big pegwarmer. lots of Endor Soliders, Naboo Soliders, and Jerjerrod's. as far as the TAC is concerned, Vader, Galactic Marine (which is a shock), and Mace Windu. haven't seen many Kenobi's or R2 since Wave 3 has hit but I'm sure they must be pegwarming as well.

JediTricks
06-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Dumb question:

If a store only has a small number of SW figures, but they've been there forever, should those be reported? I think a couple of the K-Marts in the area still have a few ROTS Mon Mothmas.Well, Hasbro did say "If you have a particular store with an unusually heavy concentration of a particular figure" so technically, that's an unusually heavy concentration. But I don't think that's intention they were going for and it's not what we were asking about. That said, I'll consider the report if you give it, but I'll warn you now that even if I include it, I'll probably bury it way down the page. :p

I just psoted a huge report in the othe thread. No JT I can't be that specific because of the amount of stores. It has to suffice that the figures listed are from the last two waves of TSC when I post that there are 3-4 dozen TSC figs on the pegs. It at least shows theere are nearly whole cases of figures not selling. Now the exceptions to those figures are the Elite clone and Commander Appo. Otherwise it's just about everyone else from those last two waves.All you ending up doing by that is show me disrespect. You already know what types of reports I'm trying to compile, I felt I made that quite clear, so by reporting this type of thing all you're doing is making my job that much harder and forcing me to make a tough decision: include a nearly-worthless vague report that will lessen the impact of the rest of the reports, or risk insulting someone by removing their particular report.

You also know Hasbro's position on this, they don't think there's a systemic problem out there. We are trying to show them otherwise. If you want to do that, you have to report it the way they ask, a vague "they got a lot of TSC" isn't going to cut it and is only wasting everybody's time.

In the end, the only thing you'll accomplish is get me less inclined to do stuff like this in the future because it's such a pain in the ***.

The last three store employees I have talked to (at Fred Meyer, Wal-Mart and Target), when I asked if they had any additional NEW Star Wars figures on stock, they said, "No way...we can't keep them on the shelves." Hopefully they're just selling through like fire at the department stores, while TRU is managing better because they ordered correctly and toys are their MAIN business, not just a sub-department like at the majors.That's Hasbro's position on the matter, we're seeing a lot of this product because they keep having to restock since it keeps selling. I don't buy it, but I can't prove their wrong either and they do have a lot more resources than any 1 of us.

jedi master sal
06-15-2007, 09:07 AM
...All you ending up doing by that is show me disrespect...

Hold on here. I gave detailed listings of stores including addresses and phone numbers. The sheer volume of stores keps me from giving a more detailaed listing of figures. It really should suffice to say 2-3 dozen of the last two waves of SAGA. It shows that there is a ton of SAGA stuff on the pegs. Regardless of actual figure, it's OLD product. I even went so far to say that the Elite Clone and Commander Appo were not included in this bunch as they continue to sell out.

I'm also NOT going to put myself at risk at all of these store by compiling a list and potentially getting kicked out of or banned from those stores. Do you realize how long that would take? Again we're not talking just one or two stores. I posted about many stores. There is no way I'm taking pictures. Stores are very much against that. You'll find yourself on the outs with them.

Decipher it as you will.

No disrespect intended and you should be so quick to scold me like a child. I'm not your kid.

I gave the best report I could given the time I had and the risk of being kicked out. If it's not good enough so be it. At the least I did something.

JEDIpartner
06-15-2007, 09:29 AM
This sounds like it's gonna be fun...

Mad Slanted Powers
06-15-2007, 10:15 AM
Why would they kick you out for rummaging through the figures? I just rearranged them so that each peg had the same figure. If someone asks what you are doing, you can just say that there were so many that it made it hard to tell what was there, so you decided to organize them.

JEDIpartner
06-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Why don't we have a "high 5" smiley??? I do the same thing, too! I love to put all the like figures together if the space allows. It looks so much nicer and the next customer has an easier time figuring out what's there!!! :D

Kidhuman
06-16-2007, 04:21 PM
K-Mart in Christiansburg has multiple TSC figures, about 3 cases worth hanging on pegs. No real one figure with multiples though.

JediTricks
06-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Hold on here. I gave detailed listings of stores including addresses and phone numbers. Yes, but that's the easiest part. If I knew your zipcode I could have gotten a very similar list and then guessed on what was there.

The sheer volume of stores keps me from giving a more detailaed listing of figures. If you want something to be done about it, these reports are one way to do that, but if we don't put in a little time giving as accurate a report as we can, they're not going to take it seriously. If you have to slow it down to be sure of your report, that's going to prove itself far more valuable than anything else.

It really should suffice to say 2-3 dozen of the last two waves of SAGA. It shows that there is a ton of SAGA stuff on the pegs. Regardless of actual figure, it's OLD product. I even went so far to say that the Elite Clone and Commander Appo were not included in this bunch as they continue to sell out.I disagree that it "should suffice", especially since Hasbro feels there's no problem and that it's individual figures that we should be reporting, and you knew that before you ever posted in the thread. How am I supposed to convey that I trust your observation skills enough to take something that vague as fact when they don't trust me enough to make that same leap when I just told them it's a problem? How do they know you're not just wildly guessing to make a point?

I'm also NOT going to put myself at risk at all of these store by compiling a list and potentially getting kicked out of or banned from those stores. Do you realize how long that would take? Again we're not talking just one or two stores. I posted about many stores. There is no way I'm taking pictures. Stores are very much against that. You'll find yourself on the outs with them.A few minutes per store, and they're not going to kick you out for looking at their merchandise, that makes no sense.

JediTricks
06-19-2007, 02:22 AM
K-Mart in Christiansburg has multiple TSC figures, about 3 cases worth hanging on pegs. No real one figure with multiples though.
For now, I'm only going to report specific figures since the last few waves of TSC are still hitting retailers and I can't know whether they're fresh product or authentic pegwarmers. I will try to get Hasbro to comment on if they'll accept reports that are more generic, but for now I'm not using them and am moving them to this thread.

Tycho
06-26-2007, 12:45 AM
I had to buy cat litter amongst $92 worth of other items at Wal-Mart tonight (pictures below) as there is no Star Wars I'm interested in purchasing until TAC Wave 4 ships.

But I did manage to get into trouble snapping a picture.

But I have

Wal-Mart # 2177
Murphy Canyon Drive
San Diego, CA

with:

(18) Lushros Dofines - there for approximately 1 year and 3 months.*
(5) Moff Jerjerrods +

There were other figures to be sure, but I don't define them as pegwarming. TAC looked alright with even Death Star Troopers in stock, and not too many duplicate figures.

*This is pegwarming: 15 months without sales (approximately) and over 1 case of the same character. You will note two of the rows of Lushros in my picture and there were 2 more underneathe those which I didn't get a chance to photograph.

+ This is not necessarily pegwarming, but the Jerjerrods originally shipped last July and though you'd expect them to be stocked until Christmas of 2006, they've hung around for possibly longer - though I can't prove those Jerjerrods even arrived in the store in 2006. The Lushros figures? That's another story.

Anyway, a woman and her (husband? boyfriend?) saw my flash go off in the isle. They were looking at replica cars (not Hot Wheels I think).

She asked me why I took a picture in the store.

I told her "because I was EVIL."

She asked again, and I reitterated that I was indeed EVIL.

Her husband (?) said that this might be the case but I can't take pictures in the store.

She said she was an assistant manager (but she was not wearing any uniform to indicate that, though she might have (probably) been off the clock. She called for someone to come to their assistance.

Meanwhile her husband asked to see my pictures and kindly asked why I was really taking the picture. I explained to him about Hasbro's request for pegwarming information at Celebration 4, what C4 was, what the 30th Anniversary was, etc.

Then I shared with him all my pictures from my Louisiana vacation and explained how they fit into my novel idea I was writing. I had a couple pictures of my cats and my own 12" Jabba diorama and Transformers battle in my camera as well. Only 1 pic was the one I'll post after I unpack my groceries.

His wife (girlfriend) became impatient. I don't think she was really the assistant manager. I think she had tattoos on her arms and she appeared tired or washed up. Meanwhile, a large guy in a Wal-Mart smiley-face vest passed by the outside of the isle. He looked at me sharing my pictures with the other man but didn't do anything and disappeared.

By this point, the guy and I were laughing about a picture of a Louisiana State recycling bin I took a picture of on my trip as a joke, and I explained to him the cargo operations on the Mississippi River that I'd learned of, and showed him the arial pictures of that from one of my fly-overs. The woman lost her patience and told him that she had to get going. He politely excused himself, but I never got to show him the pictures of the alligators, bobcats, and giant rats in the bayou. I think we only covered about 40 or so of my 200 pictures. :( It's too bad, too. I was going to share my cuddly animal pictures with her, too.

Oh, when the guy saw my cat pictures (taken of my babies on my kitchen floor) he asked if I found cats in the store. LOL! I told him no, but looking back on that, I could have really had some fun with the alligator pictures had I responded to that question differently. They also asked if I took a plane to get there, because of my arial photos (of landscapes that look nothing like San Diego). I think they were wondering if I worked for Wal-Mart corporate and was inspecting their store (for cats and alligators in the toy isle?)

Anyway, it's just another day of being EVIL. I wonder if they can sue me for industrial espionage?

But who'd have thought a non-uniform would catch me taking my first picture? Anyway, 18 Lushros Dofine's are uglier than any of Louisiana's swamp critters which I'm actually quite fond of.

But it was fun. I'll update you when they drag me into court.

BTW: it's my hope that for the effort that goes into this on everyone's behalf, Hasbro actually does send out their merchandisers and repacks this stuff that hasn't sold for almost a year and a half. It's not Wal-Mart's fault (unless you count the fact that they should have clearanced Lushros a while ago and the Saga2 sku should be outdated now). But instead I am doing Hasbro's job for them.

I hope you enjoyed the tale of my adventure. Check below for the pictures.

figrin bran
06-26-2007, 02:00 AM
What an adventure Tycho. Good to see that you made the best of the situation.

It really was difficult for me to take pics as well and at any of the stores, I could've been caught quite easily. Good thing that I'm used to being ultra paranoid when stashing for fellow LA SSG'ers and so I look all around the aisle and adjacent ones as well just to make sure no one has noticed me.

For those of you lacking the store numbers for your respective Targets, you can find them online quite easily. I did a Google search for "Target store numbers" and apparently on a lot of Wii sites, they figured out a way to determine how many Wii units a particular store will receive and they have lists of Target store numbers, divided by state.

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 08:11 PM
That's a crazy story Tycho! I moved it over here and left the other thread with the report's bare bones. You don't usually have to use a flash in stores like WM, they're lit like crazy most of the time. I took this shot without a flash on my cellphone yesterday at a rather dank TRU: http://img292.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sspx0300rva4.jpg

I had no troubles Figgy, sorry to hear you did. And thanks for the target store list!

Tycho
06-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Ah, my great detailed pictures of my cat litter were preserved.

I think if you dig deep enough in those kitty boxes, there will be room for some Mace Windus :D

BTW: if you need help finding Mace, I saw a few of them in your picture, JT. :D

Gawd! I don't have any section of TAC down here in my neck of the woods that looks like that. I thought Mace was 1 per case? What's the deal with that collection? You know (HASBRO) Mace's Clones are supposed to be clones of Jango Fett! I think you (HASBRO) confused that concept a little bit here. :rolleyes:

figrin bran
06-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Here's an even better TAC section (http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s161/brnder/DSCI0078.jpg) than the one JT photographed.

This was my local Target on La Brea and Santa Monica last Saturday. JT frequents this store as well.

JediTricks
06-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Tycho, I have no idea what case ratio Mace is in now, but even if it's 1 per case it's clearly too much, they should scale it back by 2. :p I love how the shot was able to get all the card art proving who they were, no questions for that one.

Figgy, it's a better photograph, but for our purposes it's no good because almost everything in the photo that we can clearly make out is shipping in wave 2 and 3 cases.

figrin bran
06-28-2007, 11:49 PM
I opened up a Wave 3 Rev. 1 case so i can vouch that Mace is per case in that assortment.

JT, I didn't intend that WeHo Target photo to be a pegwarmer report as it's actually well stocked with mostly wave 3 figures. More like a "this is how every SW section should look".

JediTricks
06-29-2007, 12:20 AM
OHHHH! Ok, there ya go.