PDA

View Full Version : Simple Custom Of The McQuarrie Fett

DarthBrandon
06-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I recently acquired the McQuarrie Fett (hard to find due to Scalpers) & decided to customize him the way I thought he should have been done according to some of the concept art I've seen. I took a 300th Fett fresh out of the box (had 2) & removed his blasters, cape, head & discarded the rest of the figure. I then cut the cape how I wanted it & put it on the McFett while adding the blasters as well. Here are some picks of McFett:

DarthBrandon
06-12-2007, 02:07 PM
On a side note, one thing really irks me, this is supposed to be an action figure yet you really can't play with it due to the waist issue (falling -----a-------part) & the jet pack is really loose.:mad:

JediTricks
06-12-2007, 06:09 PM
The reason it wasn't designed with the cape or with a newer style blaster is because those are Joe Johnston additions and this is a McQuarrie figure. It's an interesting idea though, but I think Hasbro's soft goods cape you lifted there just isn't up to snuff for the needs of the design.

The backpack and waist on mine aren't THAT loose! I can pick up the figure and not have them fall apart. Maybe you should add some clearcoat nail polish to the pegs to thicken them up just a little.

DarthBrandon
06-13-2007, 06:04 PM
The reason it wasn't designed with the cape or with a newer style blaster is because those are Joe Johnston additions and this is a McQuarrie figure. It's an interesting idea though, but I think Hasbro's soft goods cape you lifted there just isn't up to snuff for the needs of the design.

The backpack and waist on mine aren't THAT loose! I can pick up the figure and not have them fall apart. Maybe you should add some clearcoat nail polish to the pegs to thicken them up just a little.

True that it is J.T., but I'm actually referring to one of his (Mcquarrie) concept drawings (Bespin dinner) that I liked (mine looks just like it), so that's what I wanted the most & hoped that they would do this one. As far as the mid section goes, I have three of them, one carded & the other two loose. I'll fiddle with it a bit but I won't let it bother me too much.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
06-13-2007, 11:17 PM
I believe I know what drawing you mean, but the additions are from Joe Johnston nonetheless. They mentioned something about this very issue in the Art of Ralph McQuarrie panel at CIV.

DarthBrandon
06-14-2007, 06:30 PM
That's cool, this is how I like him the best though.:D

mtriv73
06-14-2007, 10:31 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought you were going to make a joke about doing a head swap.

I'm glad to see you went a little further.

I like the cape on him. Good job.