PDA

View Full Version : Exactly how dumb is Bib Fortuna?

El Chuxter
06-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Think about this for a second.

You're second-in-command to Jabba the Hutt, the most ruthless gang lord in the galaxy. A guy with a lot of enemies.

Two droids show up at your doorstep. One says (via his translator) that he has a message and a gift for Jabba. The other seems flabbergasted by the "gift" part. The smaller one refuses to give it to anyone but Jabba himself, and the bigger one makes a crack about him being stubborn.

So you lead them right to Jabba? Nothing in this makes you the slightest bit suspicious about an assassination attempt?

Did you ride the short landspeeder to school?

And what kind of idiot is Jabba to let Bib be his majordomo? That's like Tony Soprano hiring Vito's emotionally-troubled brat to be his consigliere.

bigbarada
06-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Maybe he was hung over from a night of partying, drinking and trying to molest Salacious Crumb.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-15-2007, 01:32 PM
He was of course weak-minded, as Luke's Jedi mind tricks easily worked on him, so I doubt that much of anything raises his suspicion.

Rogue II
06-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Elementary, my dear El Chuxter.

Three Laws of Robotics (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics) by Isaac Asimov [slightly modified].

1. A robot may not injure a human being [or Hutt] or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm. [as long as he isn't a trade federation battle droid or IG-88]
2. A robot must obey orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

So, Jabba wasn't in danger.:D

stillakid
06-15-2007, 07:52 PM
But it was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. 9-11 wouldn't happen for a few millenia still, so there was no real threat of lunatics blowing themselves up like that.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-15-2007, 08:57 PM
Hey, if your name was an anagram of "if born a but" or "Aunt Robbi," you'd let in all the droids you could find, wouldn'tcha? Or Jabba just wants yes-beings surrounding him so if he "loses" one due to violence, he'd just say "eh."

Jargo
06-16-2007, 07:15 PM
fact is 3po was golden and so to bib that just equates to "oooh shiney!" Bib is secretly a wannabe gogo dancer. he envies Oola's good fortune being picked to dance. by taking shiney things to jabba he might get a slot dancing to the assembled entourage and that means credits pushed into his stretch thong. not to mention the odd rendezvous in the sleeping quarters with the butch skiff guards.....

TeeEye7
06-16-2007, 10:49 PM
If you work around gang-bangers like I do, you'll see this behavior is perfectly in line with how things work in the life gansta. :rolleyes:

(Can I get an "amen" JJR?)

Jargo
06-17-2007, 10:08 AM
gang-bangers? oh my!

TeeEye7
06-17-2007, 12:17 PM
gang-bangers? oh my!

Yep. Criminal street gangs: Crips, Bloods, Mexican Mafia, Nuestra Familia, and other assorted miscreants that prey on my community. Maybe I should have been a bit more specific forgetting there may be another definition of the term.

Jargo
06-19-2007, 01:11 PM
aha. yeah. that might have been wise. :p