PDA

View Full Version : 29 Figures EVERYONE Agrees Should Be Made.

Droid
06-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Tycho and KidHuman have done extensive polling here on which figures from Episodes I, II, IV, V, and VI should be made. ToyFare did its poll last year of the Top 25 figures. The site JediDefender has done its own polling of each of the five aforementioned films. I am unaware of other extensive polls. I thought it would be interesting to compare which figures showed up across polls. Setting aside figures that have already been made or which we have seen pictures of, here are 29 figures that show up on at least two of these polls.

13 figures show up on two polls:

Ben Quadrinaros – Tycho, JediDefender
Captain Needa – KH, JediDefender
Daultay Dofine – KH, Tycho
Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation) – KH, Tycho
Mother Ewok with baby Wokling – KH, Tycho
Owen (Episode IV - resculpted) – KH, JediDefender
Queen Jamilla – KH, Tycho
Princess Leia Recovery Room (Rebel Medical Frigate) – KH, JediDefender
R2-D2 shield bunker blasted open – KH, Tycho
Rebel Flight Deck Crewman Yavin Base – KH, Tycho
Saurin, Hrchek Kal Fas – Tycho, JediDefender
Wald (little Rodian) – KH, JediDefender
Willrow Hood – Toyfare, JediDefender

15 figures show up on three polls:

Beru Whitesun (Episode II) – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Black Bespin Security Guard – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Bom Vimdim (Advoze) – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Cliegg Lars – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Klaatu, Kenner's vintage collection (Woof) – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Luke Skywalker Rebel Medical Frigate– KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Owen Lars, Episode II – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Padme Amidala, Queen's Return to Naboo (purple) – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Sgt. Doaylln – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Sim Aloo Imperial Dignitary– KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Tey How – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Tonnika Sisters – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Torynn Farr – KH, Tycho, JediDefender
Wioslea – KH, Tycho, JediDefender

And one figure shows up on ALL four polls, say it with me now folks:

Yarna d'al Gargan – KH, Tycho, Toyfare, JediDefender

These same figures keep showing up on all the lists. Get to it, Hasbro!

JediTricks
06-18-2007, 10:00 PM
Nicely compiled! What dates were those polls completed, might I ask? Seems like Daultay Dofine wouldn't rank as high after the TSC figure was released.

Here's what I'd be probably not be into from those lists:
Captain Needa
Daultay Dofine
Mother Ewok with baby Wokling
Saurin
Beru Whitesun, Episode II
Bom Vimdim
Owen Lars, Episode II
Padme Amidala, Queen's Return to Naboo (purple)
Sim AlooHere's what I'd definitely be disinterested in:
Ben Quadrinaros
Queen Jamilla
Wald
Jocasta Nu
WiosleaWow, that's half the list! Dang, didn't see that coming.

AmanaMatt
06-18-2007, 10:27 PM
All due respect, that is an impressive number of wannabe pegwarmers!!!!

Wald?!?!?!!???! Dude, no.....

2-1B
06-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Willrow Hood would likely be a polarizing character as well.

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2007, 10:42 PM

Oh yeah, most definately!! Perhaps they could have a feature where the armor can be placed/removed on him..that would be cool.

I still want a SA Jango sometime..I hope it happens.

Umbra
06-18-2007, 10:50 PM
I have to admit as well that alot of those would probably seriously pegwarm if not handled right.

However i would definitely like to see
Owen and Beru lars Episode 2
Bunker Blasted R2-D2
Needa
Jamilla

The padme would be nice too but there are other costumes i'd prefer before it personally

And as for jango, i'd much rather see a good SA one first (personally i dont want a removable helmet on it either, but thats me >>)

Also high on my list of wants, though i dont think on yours is the shiny black helmeted guy at Jabba's, Bane Malar according to Wookiepedia?

bigbarada
06-18-2007, 10:57 PM

These would be my "must buy" figures from those lists.

I'd be interested in these, but it would depend on how well the figure is made. Ultimately, they would be "wait and see" figures and I wouldn't make my final decision on whether to buy them until I saw the final product on the store shelves.

Not interested in anything else on those lists.

El Chuxter
06-18-2007, 11:23 PM
I think Hasbro should make a set that's an online exclusive, similar to the Lucas family boxed set. However, instead of having a "theme" from a story perspective, like most of their sets, these would be seemingly unconnected.

They would all be figures that fans consistently ask for, but that Hasbro feels would not sell very well at retail (and would probably be right).

It could be called something like "Cult Heroes" and the lineup could be one from each movie:
TPM: Tey How or Wald
AOTC: Jocasta Nu
ROTS: Beru Lars or maybe Cin Drallig (not on the list)
ANH: Wioslea
ESB: Wilrow Hood
ROTJ: Yarna d'al Gargan

Heck, if they were to do this, and it were to sell well, maybe they could do follow-up sets for the Ewok movies and Holiday Special.

Kidhuman
06-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Sorry to make you edit your list but Ben Q is currently 29 on my list after the updates.

Thanks for showing this list. It means alot more than us here are interested in these figures.

Droid
06-19-2007, 09:53 AM
Sorry to make you edit your list but Ben Q is currently 29 on my list after the updates.

Thanks for showing this list. It means alot more than us here are interested in these figures.

I used your ORIGINAL list of 50 figures. Otherwise, Hasbro could never accomplish anything because we'd just keep sliding new figures in.

Droid
06-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Nicely compiled! What dates were those polls completed, might I ask?

Tycho and KH did their initial lists of 50 figures before Revenge of the Sith came out, so some of the figures on their lists have already come out. JediDefender is doing about one poll a month of the top ten figures from each film (and expanded universe) right now. They just completed Episode II and just started Episode III polling. Toyfare was obviously last year.

Hey guys, keep it a secret that you worry that these figures would peg warm. I was hoping everyone would go, "Neat! Awesome! Ya, Hasbro, make those." I am doing a bit of market research here I hoped would get them to make the figures not scare them from making the figures! :cry:

Droid
06-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Also high on my list of wants, though i dont think on yours is the shiny black helmeted guy at Jabba's, Bane Malar according to Wookiepedia?

If it is the guy Chewbacca throws against the wall, that is Sgt. Doallyn. I'm not sure who Bane Malar is.

EDIT: Just looked him up. Never really noticed that guy before!

JON9000
06-19-2007, 10:48 AM
I'll have Yarna and the sisters, and I would also like a Needa, but only if he is decent- Jerjerrod was my biggest disappointment of 06 and I don't need another.

Old Fossil
06-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I can't see myself buying ANY of those except the Tonnikas, and maybe Yarna if she's got a killer sculpt.

Droid
06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
You guys are killing me. I don't see how the line survives if people aren't interested in characters with major speaking roles, characters named on screen, alternative outfits and sculpts for main characters, characters that were made in the Kenner line, and background aliens from the Jabba's Palace and the cantina.

What exactly do people want to see made?

JEDIpartner
06-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Yarna Dal'Gargan :o

jedi master sal
06-19-2007, 01:34 PM
What I think is ironic is that of the figures listed that showed up in three polls, the three polls were KH, Tycho and JD. Not one of them on Toyfare. Hmm, so the Toyfare poll seems even more rigged now than some would think.

I'm not accusing, I'm just sayin' ......

Droid, I'm with you on this one. Make all of those figures. Certainly the ones that made 3 of the 4 polls.

Heck I'd go so far as to put them in three-packs.

Lars Family:
Beru Whitesun (Episode II)
Cliegg Lars
Owen Lars, Episode II

Prequel Cult Classics:
Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian
Tey How

Mos Eisley Denizens:
Wioslea
Bom Vimdim (Advoze)
Tonnika Sisters (one or both of them)

Empire Strikes Back special:
Torynn Farr
Black Bespin Security Guard
Luke Skywalker Rebel Medical Frigate

Jabb'a Palace Denizens:
Sgt. Doaylln
Klaatu, Kenner's vintage collection (Woof)
Yarna d'al Gargan

That only leaves Sim Aloo Imperial Dignitary who could be single carded or packed with the other two for an Imperial Dignatary set.

-Sal

Jargo
06-19-2007, 01:43 PM
I wouldn't buy any of these:

Droid
06-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Why is it people will pass on the Luke and Leia from the medical frigate? I can see that there would be people who didn't want obscure characters, but why not Luke and Leia in different costumes? Of those of you who don't want these two figures, are there other Lukes and Leias you would still buy, or have you decided to pass on all future Luke and Leia figures?

Droid
06-19-2007, 02:26 PM
That only leaves Sim Aloo Imperial Dignitary who could be single carded or packed with the other two for an Imperial Dignatary set.

If I was putting together a three-pack I'd like an Emperor sitting in his throne that wasn't permanently attached to the base like in the Jedi Duel Cinema Scene. They could throw in a rehash of another Dignitary as suggested.

TheDarthVader
06-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I will buy any cantina or jabba palace background alien. Most of you know that I have been wanting Yarna for a long time. I would buy two Yarnas. Captain Needa, Sim Aloo, and a black bespin guard are a must. I would definitely buy the frigate luke and leia. I would also get the bunker R2-D2.

El Chuxter
06-19-2007, 02:45 PM
Why is it people will pass on the Luke and Leia from the medical frigate?

I would assume because Luke would be Tatooine Luke (only with a facial scar, slightly different haircut, and possibly a mechanical hand), and Leia is very close to her ANH costume with the second Bespin hairdo. It's too likely we'd get Tatooine Luke without the proper scarred headsculpt and some sort of poorly-executed hand, and a simple headswap between Bespin Escape Leia and one of the many ANH Leias.

Droid
06-19-2007, 02:49 PM
I thought Luke was wearing more of a robe on the medical frigate. I didn't think he was wearing his Tatooine clothes.

I always jokingly called them "Luke and Leia in pajamas".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-19-2007, 02:52 PM
If handled well, I'm not sure any figure is predestined to be a pegwarmer (except maybe for Neimoidians - wasn't Lushros supposedly one of the least-shipped figures of 2006?). The TPM wave last year came in, sold through, and left, and it doesn't seem like anyone's in a dire need for them. If most of the figures on this list weren't shipped too heavily then I think they could do fine.

Ben Quadinaros – he's one of the four pod racers I still think we really need to get, the others being Ratts Tyerell, Mawhonic, and Clegg Holdfast, since they were featured quite prominently in the film.
Captain Needa – if done really well, he could be good. Jerjerrod is a shining example of how not to make an Imperial Officer and ergo how to make a pegwarmer.
Daultay Dofine – he'd be nice but I don't want to see his stupid face on the pegs for eight months. They could put him in a Battlepack with holo Sidious, Tey How, and two Security Droids.
Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation) – I'd rather see an SA armored Jango, but yeah.
Mother Ewok with baby Wokling – hopefully soon. I still want Warok and the Ewok Formerly Known as Lumat to be made, to update the vintage line.
Owen (Episode IV - resculpted) – looking at the old one recently, I noticed that it really sucked. I'd prefer an AOTC/ROTS one first, though.
Queen Jamilia – yes, I'd like this one. Same for Apailana, but I doubt we'll see any figures from Padmé's funeral.
Princess Leia Recovery Room (Rebel Medical Frigate) – meh, just put a different head on an ANH body.
R2-D2 shield bunker blasted open – I still want this, one from Invisible Hand, one from Yavin where he's screwed up, and one with a fire extinguisher, and then I think we should be done with R2-D2.
Rebel Flight Deck Crewman Yavin Base – super boring, but I still want it. I mean, if we got the Honor Guard, then sure.
Saurin, Hrchek Kal Fas – eh . . . it's just Bossk on a different body, really. I would rather see Bom Vimdin and other cantina patrons before him, but eventually, maybe.
Wald (little Rodian) – he should've been done a long time ago in a pack with Kitster.
Willrow Hood – do people really want him as anything other than a joke? I don't think many of the Cloud City citizens lend themselves easily to figures, which is why we don't have any.
Beru Whitesun (Episode II) – yes, a must.
Black Bespin Security Guard – with a new body. I want a white one, too.
Bom Vimdim (Advoze) – yes, do it.
Cliegg Lars – I think he's more important than young Owen and Beru, and he'd make a more interesting-looking figure, too.
Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian – they need to make her, maybe with a Count Dooku bust or computer to sweeten the deal.
Klaatu, Kenner's vintage collection (Woof) – update all the vintage ones.
Luke Skywalker Rebel Medical Frigate – a fairly easy figure to do, so sure.
Owen Lars, Episode II – see above comments on Cliegg and Beru, but I want all three of them.
Padme Amidala, Queen's Return to Naboo (purple) – I really like this one. I think there's four dresses from TPM to still make, and I want this one the most.
Sgt. Doaylln – pretty cool and recognizable, so yeah.
Sim Aloo Imperial Dignitary – he's a vintage figure and a fairly prominent character, so of course.
Tey How – get ready to pegwarm. :rolleyes: Give our buddy Lushros a new head/face and that's all you need. Put this one in the aforementioned Battlepack with Daultay, Sidious, and droids.
Tonnika Sisters – not gonna happen until the b*tchy one dies, Hasbro told me.
Torynn Farr – give her another one of Rieekan's screens, at least.
Wioslea – I've wanted this one for a while.
Yarna D'al Gargan - this one, of course, needs to be made. I'm hopeful we'll see her within the next two years or so.

Jargo
06-19-2007, 02:53 PM
I've never liked Luke or Leia. I want one Luke for my cantina and one Leia for Yavin base and that's it.

med bay Leia is ANH Leia with Bepin Leia hairdo. Luke med bay is just way too dull. Luke in jimjams. how exciting. I'll take all the cantina and jabbas palace figures hasbro can throw at me over those two anytime.

my basic wants are anything Tatooine based, Imperials, ANH Rebels, Ewoks, Wookiees.

there's odd figures I'll buy like smuggler Lando because it's cool but generally what i just listed is all I want. and obviously within that i include relevent beasts and vehicles.

stillakid
06-19-2007, 03:58 PM
29 Figures EVERYONE Agrees Should Be Made

I showed this list to my mother and she disagreed. So, EVERYONE minus one.

JON9000
06-19-2007, 06:50 PM
what about 30 Helens, do they agree?

Kidhuman
06-20-2007, 08:15 AM
Even the 5th Dentist caved and agreed

Jargo
06-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Rebelscum's Dan Curto just posted a 'spy' report http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Rumors_Hasbro_Spy_Report_Part_1_106892.asp

pinch of salt needed I think.

El Chuxter
06-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Seems that EVERYONE loves the Star Wars: Legacy series (not just at Hasbro either)

Really? That's news to me. Seems like it's a pretty even 50-50 split to me.

Old Fossil
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Rebelscum's Dan Curto just posted a 'spy' report http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Rumors_Hasbro_Spy_Report_Part_1_106892.asp

pinch of salt needed I think.

Faugh!

I am underwhelmed.:tired:

Tycho
06-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Good work Droid. My opinion would probably only echo yours, so I'm just reading this thread for now, but yes I agree that we shouldn't just bump up our Top 50 lists so Hasbro never seems to be completing anything - but rather push to get everything on our original list done. Thus there are more like 30 figures or so left to do (on both mine or Kidhuman's original "to-do lists,") and when they're all, or mostly-all complete, we can re-poll it.

There were just over 200 figures that had significant screen time in the 5 movies we polled for (ROTS is mostly done) and while there could then always be a Top 50, I think it's good to see some progress made first.

The female Captain of the Radiant VII is somewhere on that list, but you can't say she's now in the Top 50 just because 20 some slots opened up since Hasbro made those figures. When I'm holding Sgt. Doaylln and the original Top 50 is all but complete, I'd accept that someone like the captain could make a Top 50 list - because there's nothing else left to do.

"Bufon Tierre" (I think) is the black human male bartender of Club Outlander. I bet many of you don't know that - and some who do and many who didn't - don't care anyway. He was never seen on screen and you need to check DK's Visual Dictionary for a reference photo of the set extra in costume. A diorama builder would want this 'character.' (that includes me) But no one else would.

He will make "The Top 50 List" when a majority of you stop collecting, or stop with 3 3/4" anyway. Maybe Droid and I will be the only ones left here crying over him and requesting Hasbro invests thousands of dollars to make his injection molding so we can spend about $14 between the two of us on a single purchase of this figure by each of us.

But I don't think Luke and Leia from the Medical Frigate will pegwarm. There's a really cool way to make Luke and Leia could be done with only a new headsculpt (her hair is different than all other instances in which she appears).

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 01:02 AM
Tycho and KH did their initial lists of 50 figures before Revenge of the Sith came out, so some of the figures on their lists have already come out. JediDefender is doing about one poll a month of the top ten figures from each film (and expanded universe) right now. They just completed Episode II and just started Episode III polling. Toyfare was obviously last year.Thanks, I think that puts some of the results into perspective.

Hey guys, keep it a secret that you worry that these figures would peg warm. I was hoping everyone would go, "Neat! Awesome! Ya, Hasbro, make those." I am doing a bit of market research here I hoped would get them to make the figures not scare them from making the figures! :cry:Impossible to keep it a secret, Hasbro already has SOME idea of what collectors do and don't want. The flip side of that coin is that Hasbro also knows that not everybody will agree on everything or be interested in everything. But when you have a title saying "figures that EVERYBODY agrees should be made", you're essentially inviting criticism since it's an impossible statement - does that mean you shouldn't have it it that way? No, it's a good title even if it's not accurate, it's got a good hook and it has some semblance of truth to it because it's tying together poll data - poll data always claims to speak for the vast majority we often simplify as "everybody".

From my perspective, that list has a LOT of losers on it, stuff casual consumers wouldn't be into at all, and a significant portion of collectors wouldn't be tempted to buy. You put out a figure like Queen Jamilla at retail and it's destined to fail, I doubt most anybody REALLY wants that figure, it's too easy to say you might buy any movie figure when you aren't standing in front of the pegs deciding where your cash should go.

You guys are killing me. I don't see how the line survives if people aren't interested in characters with major speaking roles, characters named on screen, alternative outfits and sculpts for main characters, characters that were made in the Kenner line, and background aliens from the Jabba's Palace and the cantina.

What exactly do people want to see made?There are a ton of figures from before POTJ that still need to be remade, to be "brought up to code" if you will, and there are some major characters whose current figures still haven't really delivered on the modern promise (*cough*Jedi Luke*cough*). But boring nobodies from the background scenes of a movie that isn't thought as highly of and the guy never did nothing, those things are always going to be a tough pill to swallow. Then you've also got people who speak lines or have bigger screentime like Needa who just aren't anything special, another Imp Officer who gets choked out, the character is essentially designed to be nondescript - and Hasbro has a spotty track record with Imp Officers lately. Jocasta Nu is another great example, she has something important to say even, but she's a boring old biddy that is unlikeable, there's nothing positive that you can do with that figure - who the hell is really going to buy a librarian figure?!?

What I think is ironic is that of the figures listed that showed up in three polls, the three polls were KH, Tycho and JD. Not one of them on Toyfare. Hmm, so the Toyfare poll seems even more rigged now than some would think.

I'm not accusing, I'm just sayin' ......I'm not sure if it's rigged, or if it's just Wizard's audience being all comic book guys rather than SW or action figure guys. That's one thing I think doing a poll in ToyFare just cannot compensate for, you've got people voting who have bought maybe a dozen SW figures voting on these sorts of things.

Prequel Cult Classics:
Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian
Tey HowDeath in a box! :p I want Tey How kinda, but no way in hell I'd buy that 3pack.

Mos Eisley Denizens:
Wioslea
Bom Vimdim (Advoze)
Tonnika Sisters (one or both of them)Tonnika Sisters just ain't happening, Hasbro's made that quite clear. If there was a Tonnika figure in the box, I'd be tempted, but I think the other 2 guys look particularly lame so I doubt I'd drop my coin on it.

Empire Strikes Back special:
Torynn Farr
Black Bespin Security Guard
Luke Skywalker Rebel Medical FrigateThis one has the best chance of getting my money. I didn't comment on the Lars family one only because it's a gimme, I don't even really want the figures that bad but it's a big scene and they all have dialogue.

Of course, that brings up the issue of Hasbro being even remotely willing to do these 3packs, which they absolutely wouldn't since it's a HEAVY risk with 3 new molded figures in a box which instantly lowers the sales figures.

Jabb'a Palace Denizens:
Sgt. Doaylln
Klaatu, Kenner's vintage collection (Woof)
Yarna d'al GarganAnother set that'd be likely to get my money, it spreads the interest around well.

Why is it people will pass on the Luke and Leia from the medical frigate? I can see that there would be people who didn't want obscure characters, but why not Luke and Leia in different costumes? Of those of you who don't want these two figures, are there other Lukes and Leias you would still buy, or have you decided to pass on all future Luke and Leia figures?Honestly? Because they're boring. These are still "action figures" and they do little in the film but stand there and be sad. And they're barely in the film, they're from one tiny scene at the end of the movie, the epilogue to ESB basically, they inspire no real passion. I actually do want them, but I have to be realistic about it if I want to make any arguments that have a chance of convincing Hasbro to take the risk.

I thought Luke was wearing more of a robe on the medical frigate. I didn't think he was wearing his Tatooine clothes.

I always jokingly called them "Luke and Leia in pajamas".Luke is wearing a robe and pants, the robe is longer than Luke's Tatooine robe and the pants are baggier than his Tatooine pants. Also, I think this is the same outfit Luke is wearing after his encounter with the Wampa, but that'd require a second head and more poseability.

what about 30 Helens, do they agree?Isn't that a Kids in the Hall ref?

pinch of salt needed I think.I totally agree with that last part, these are some odd predictions that make me want to go get the salt. ;)

AmanaMatt
06-21-2007, 10:58 AM
For my money, I would love to see pretty much any character from ANH, or ROTJ, especially aliens and bar patrons.

I would love signature SA sculpts of all the main characters, except those we have: Chewie being one

JON9000
06-21-2007, 11:21 AM
From my perspective, that list has a LOT of losers on it, stuff casual consumers wouldn't be into at all, and a significant portion of collectors wouldn't be tempted to buy. You put out a figure like Queen Jamilla at retail and it's destined to fail, I doubt most anybody REALLY wants that figure, it's too easy to say you might buy any movie figure when you aren't standing in front of the pegs deciding where your cash should go.

There are a ton of figures from before POTJ that still need to be remade, to be "brought up to code" if you will, and there are some major characters whose current figures still haven't really delivered on the modern promise (*cough*Jedi Luke*cough*). But boring nobodies from the background scenes of a movie that isn't thought as highly of and the guy never did nothing, those things are always going to be a tough pill to swallow. Then you've also got people who speak lines or have bigger screentime like Needa who just aren't anything special, another Imp Officer who gets choked out, the character is essentially designed to be nondescript - and Hasbro has a spotty track record with Imp Officers lately. Jocasta Nu is another great example, she has something important to say even, but she's a boring old biddy that is unlikeable, there's nothing positive that you can do with that figure - who the hell is really going to buy a librarian figure?!?

Isn't that a Kids in the Hall ref?

I agree with all of this. Pawlus had a very insightful statement the other day when he said Willrow Hood sucks and would pegwarm unless shipped short or made as a convention exclusive. The hardest of the hardcore want him simply as a humorous novelty, as a joke, or because they want to see Hasbro take one on the chin. I mean, he doesn't even in sit in a palace or cantina diorama.

The only reason to get a Jocasta Nu is to convert her into Bea Arthur.

And, finally, yes, "30 Helens Agree" is a recurring bit from the very fist episodes of the Kids in the Hall. One time, 30 Helens had to agree to disagree.

Tycho
06-21-2007, 02:36 PM
The hardest of the hardcore want him simply as a humorous novelty, as a joke, or because they want to see Hasbro take one on the chin. I mean, he doesn't even in sit in a palace or cantina diorama.

In some ways you could compare him to Jek Porkins maybe - a humerous novelty. However he did have lines and was part of Red Squadron.

Thus maybe we have to look towards Baron Papanoida or his multi-pack entrouage. Well, they're Lucas-family, so...

What about Ack-Med Beq? Well he is Ahmed Best...

Hmmmm:

A no-speaking lines character...
Part of a blink-and-you-miss-less-than-iconic-moment... (cantina, Outlander, etc are not)

Colonel Wulf Yularen doesn't even qualify because the Death Star Briefing Room is iconic...

I think Wilrow Hood might really hit the bottom of the barrel. Anyone else ALREADY MADE as an action figure on par with this guy?

(That being said, I'd still buy him. I buy POTC figures like Singapore Elizabeth Swan to fill in my Cloud City population for my diorama, so Wilrow Hood is more than welcome to a guy like me. But....)

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I agree with all of this. Pawlus had a very insightful statement the other day when he said Willrow Hood sucks and would pegwarm unless shipped short or made as a convention exclusive. The hardest of the hardcore want him simply as a humorous novelty, as a joke, or because they want to see Hasbro take one on the chin. I mean, he doesn't even in sit in a palace or cantina diorama.I think any figure can become an in-demand figure if it's shortpacked enough, look at Sio Bibble or Swimming Jar Jar.

The only reason to get a Jocasta Nu is to convert her into Bea Arthur. She'd need to be a lot taller though, that'd be a ton of work. :p

And, finally, yes, "30 Helens Agree" is a recurring bit from the very fist episodes of the Kids in the Hall. One time, 30 Helens had to agree to disagree.And one time, 29 Helens agreed because the 30th was late... they were agreeing on the importance of punctuality. :D

Thus maybe we have to look towards Baron Papanoida or his multi-pack entrouage. Well, they're Lucas-family, so...Plus it was an exclusive.

What about Ack-Med Beq? Well he is Ahmed Best...And that figure sucked anyway and it borrowed the body from the Anthony Daniels figure.

A no-speaking lines character...
Part of a blink-and-you-miss-less-than-iconic-moment... (cantina, Outlander, etc are not)

Colonel Wulf Yularen doesn't even qualify because the Death Star Briefing Room is iconic...

I think Wilrow Hood might really hit the bottom of the barrel. Anyone else ALREADY MADE as an action figure on par with this guy?Yellow Naboo "Soldier" technician jerk whom they're f'ing repainting red to make him doubly lame. Mon Mothma from Ep 3.

Tycho
06-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Yellow Naboo "Soldier" technician jerk whom they're f'ing repainting red to make him doubly lame. Mon Mothma from Ep 3.

I think you might have gotten it with the Naboo soldier, but he is part of the Naboo Army. Wilrow is not part of anything I can specifically pinpoint. As to Mon Mothma, she was supposed to have speaking lines in E3, so she's kind of on par with the Wave 3 Darklighter figure, just more boring. But she does turn out to be the leader of the Rebel Alliance, so...

We're back to Wilrow. Can anyone challenge him for the bottom of the barrel (that has been actually produced by Hasbro)?

bigbarada
06-22-2007, 01:26 AM
We're back to Wilrow. Can anyone challenge him for the bottom of the barrel (that has been actually produced by Hasbro)?

No, Wilrow is officially the bottom of the barrel. After Hasbro makes him, there is nowhere to go but downhill into oblivion for the entire Star Wars line.

He really has to be the stupidest idea for an action figure ever. And for those of you who claim that you actually want him as a figure, I think you're just lying.

Droid
06-22-2007, 11:07 AM
No, Wilrow is officially the bottom of the barrel. After Hasbro makes him, there is nowhere to go but downhill into oblivion for the entire Star Wars line.

He really has to be the stupidest idea for an action figure ever. And for those of you who claim that you actually want him as a figure, I think you're just lying.

I skimmed through lists of who they have made so far and everyone else seems to either have speaking lines, be an alien, be in the cantina or Jabba's Palace, have a significance to the overall story like Captain Antilles or Episode III Mon Mothma, be a Jedi, or be part of an army. I can't come up with anyone like Willrow. I have always thought it was a joke that got out of hand. But I hope they make him for the people who want him, I'd rather have him than another Tatooine Luke or Darth Vader, and I'd buy him.

Tycho
06-22-2007, 02:47 PM
And for those of you who claim that you actually want him as a figure, I think you're just lying.

No. I'd actually buy him. I just wouldn't "campaign" for him. It's a novelty for me as well - but one I could display in my Bespin Escape diorama.

Now the McQuarrie figures are shipping 1 per case and not pegwarming, so I'd have to guess that he could possibly be released in a limited way. Couldn't you recycle the Naboo Ground Crew Trooper (Wave 7?) for his body? It doesn't have to be that hard on Hasbro.

JediTricks
06-22-2007, 05:02 PM
I think you might have gotten it with the Naboo soldier, but he is part of the Naboo Army. Wilrow is not part of anything I can specifically pinpoint. Oh come on, he's part of the Naboo army in that he looks like he should be cleaning barracks toilets. He's a nobody loser, and it's not like the Naboo army is cool or anything, they're generally the lamest troops of all. Here's what I don't get, what makes that POS figure worth making and this not? What about the dozen or so lameass podracer aliens that looks silly and un-SW that half the hardcore collectors are freaking out over? They're goofy nothing figures that look stupid and did nothing important in the film.

As to Mon Mothma, she was supposed to have speaking lines in E3, so she's kind of on par with the Wave 3 Darklighter figure, just more boring. But she does turn out to be the leader of the Rebel Alliance, so...Biggs does have dialogue though, and his cut scene that the figure is taken from is somewhat famous and iconic even, Mon Mothma's Ep 3 scene was total junk and she barely said anything.

If they're going to make the Rancor Keeper, or the Firespeeder Pilot, or the Naboo "Soldier", or any boring old man figures like Chancellor Valorum, or non-dead old Anakin, or every background Endor Trooper, or 2 Bail Organa figs, or a dozen goofy Marvel Comic repaints of main characters, I don't see how Willrow Hood is any different.

jedi master sal
06-22-2007, 05:25 PM
If they're going to make the Rancor Keeper, or the Firespeeder Pilot, or the Naboo "Soldier", or any boring old man figures like Chancellor Valorum, or non-dead old Anakin, or every background Endor Trooper, or 2 Bail Organa figs, or a dozen goofy Marvel Comic repaints of main characters, I don't see how Willrow Hood is any different.

Wow, mark this down, JT and I are agreeing...heh heh.

Seriously I do agree. Thre are so many other figures that haven't garnered as much support, nor just plain worthy of being immortalized in plastic. At least with ICMG, there is a fanbase, however goofy or novel the idea of an ICMG may be.

Tycho
06-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Wilrow might very well be the ultimate novelty figure because he is so obscure. It's his ice cream maker that made him stand out in the first place. Cloud City is being overthrown by the Empire: "Save the ice cream maker!" Actually, in its own goofy way that IS almost iconic.

Oh come on, he's part of the Naboo army in that he looks like he should be cleaning barracks toilets.

Wouldn't it be cool then if they made the barracks latreen playset to accessorize him? :crazed:

He's a nobody loser, and it's not like the Naboo army is cool or anything, they're generally the lamest troops of all.

Why? They did what they were meant to do - fight the Trade Federation droids in a limited guerilla capacity. For a human, that was almost like fighting the Future Wars in the Terminator films, except that Backtoid Armor's product was kind of crap even in the fictional realm of the SW universe.

But the only other major army force were the Clones, and they weren't scripted to fight the Naboo. Heck, their Chancellor / Emperor was Naboo.

Here's what I don't get, what makes that POS figure worth making and this not?

The only category I could put Wilrow into is "Bespin Escape / Cloud City citizens." This would largely be a human population of characters with exceptions for Wiorkettle (a Snivvian) and Treva Horme, maybe some more variations of Ugnaughts. Bespin Wing Guards are an exception, however.

The Naboo are part of an army, whether you like that particular army or not.

What about the dozen or so lameass podracer aliens that looks silly and un-SW that half the hardcore collectors are freaking out over? They're goofy nothing figures that look stupid and did nothing important in the film.

I think they were meant to be cartoony. I love Dud Bolt as he reminds me of Senior Coyote from the Roadrunner cartoons. And Podracers are a category like cantina aliens - just not as popular and not classically iconic to the 30 year SW generation.

If they're going to make 2 Bail Organa figs,

Bail Organa was a major "B-character" in ROTS however. He needs at least several more figures:

1) speeder outfit from Order 66
2) Senator outfit from Palpatine's declaration of an Empire
3) delivery of Leia to Breah Antilles-Organa

JediTricks
06-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Wow, mark this down, JT and I are agreeing...heh heh.

Seriously I do agree. Thre are so many other figures that haven't garnered as much support, nor just plain worthy of being immortalized in plastic. At least with ICMG, there is a fanbase, however goofy or novel the idea of an ICMG may be.Woo, agreement is cool! :D Lemme ask you, did you army-build the Naboo "Soldier"? Would you army-build the red variant? Would you regret it? ;)

And you make a good point about support, it may be done with a larf but people are a little interested in Willrow Hood, nobody was ever interested in the Naboo Soldier or Ep 3 Mon Mothma (even if she HAD remained in the film).

Why? They did what they were meant to do - fight the Trade Federation droids in a limited guerilla capacity. For a human, that was almost like fighting the Future Wars in the Terminator films, except that Backtoid Armor's product was kind of crap even in the fictional realm of the SW universe.Let's see, they looked stupid, they were shown as being fairly ineffective to repel invaders even with the help of Jedi and the distraction of the Gungan army, and did I mention they look stupid? And it was NOTHING like the Future Wars from the Terminator films, the Battle Droids were doofy yet they still overwhelmed the dorky Naboo both times.

Tycho
06-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Woo, agreement is cool! :D Lemme ask you, did you army-build the Naboo "Soldier"? Would you army-build the red variant? Would you regret it? ;)

I know you weren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway. :D

I bought 8 of the Naboo Soldiers from Saga2. I will probably use 1 only in 8 different scenes, but might place 2 of them or so in the Theed Street Battle whenever I set that up.

I might get 3 red variants. It's not on the top of my want list. If there's any Naboo (Theed) personnel I'd like, it'd be:

black N-1 Pilot
white female N-1 Pilot
white male Naboo Royal Guard
black male Naboo Royal Security

I'd buy 1 or at most, 2 of several of these (probably 1 female N-1 Pilot).

Let's see, they looked stupid,

They did not look stupid.

And it was NOTHING like the Future Wars from the Terminator films, the Battle Droids were doofy yet they still overwhelmed the dorky Naboo both times.

I'm pretty certain, they fired their blasters with computer controlled accuracy and anticipating logarhythms. That would make them fairly deadly unless you had a lightsaber to repel their shots.

The droids did look doofy for several reasons:

1) It was revealed by AOTC that they were modeled after the Geonosians who built them, just like C-3PO's design of protocal droid was likely made by humans, which that design emulates, and IG droids emulate Muuns like San Hill, and Destroyer Droids emulate the EU's Colicoids.

2) The droids were meant to rest OK with children, Lucas' primary audience that he wanted to re-attach to Star Wars by making E1 more of a kiddy-flick so as to hook them for 6 or more years from when they're ages 4 to 10 or so. That's how old we were when we started on Star Wars in the 1970's. But then Lucas began in the Dark Times and the subsequent Rebellion era, so it was sort of cooler with Stormtroopers as the cannon-fodder.

3) The droids were not Terminators or whatever, because the cooler you made them, they still had to be short-work for the Jedi, and that might be a waste of good Terminator droids. (The Jedi would make short work of Terminators as well - but it wouldn't be as "light" of feel to the film so as to make a 4 year old glap with glee - he'd be more petrified of the skull faced terrors bearing down on Kit Fisto who'd be out of place smiling at them. :rolleyes: )

JediTricks
06-23-2007, 04:47 PM
I know you weren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway. :D

I bought 8 of the Naboo Soldiers from Saga2. I will probably use 1 only in 8 different scenes, but might place 2 of them or so in the Theed Street Battle whenever I set that up.

I might get 3 red variants. It's not on the top of my want list. If there's any Naboo (Theed) personnel I'd like, it'd be:

black N-1 Pilot
white female N-1 Pilot
white male Naboo Royal Guard
black male Naboo Royal Security

I'd buy 1 or at most, 2 of several of these (probably 1 female N-1 Pilot).You buy the worst junk ever and you buy tons of it because you think you can use it in your dioramas, you bought all that Pirates of the Caribbean stuff before even seeing the movie for that reason. So you are not an army builder, you are some sort of twisted nutcase. ;)

They did not look stupid.They look stupid, and now you look stupid for defending them. :p Their officers are in dopey colors and have silly hats and skirts. Their guards are like bikers from Flash Gordon, liney red leather with silver helmets. And their security have silly egg-type armor, puffy pants, awful colors and the same silly hat, plus the figure's face LOOKS STUPID.

I'm pretty certain, they fired their blasters with computer controlled accuracy and anticipating logarhythms. That would make them fairly deadly unless you had a lightsaber to repel their shots.All of which took place only in your imagination. The Battle Droids were not particularly good shots and they got ambushed by the lameass Naboo Army and cracked stupid jokey lines.

bigbarada
06-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Let's see, they looked stupid, they were shown as being fairly ineffective to repel invaders even with the help of Jedi and the distraction of the Gungan army, and did I mention they look stupid? And it was NOTHING like the Future Wars from the Terminator films, the Battle Droids were doofy yet they still overwhelmed the dorky Naboo both times.

Yes, I grew to hate the Naboo because of how quickly they gave up. I don't know how they ever intend to mention the conquest of their entire planet by a bunch of cartoon droids in their history books:

The droids said "Surrender," we said "Sure." Death and carnage ensued. :rolleyes:

The Bespin Security Guards are less pathetic than the Naboo soldiers.

JetsAndHeels
06-23-2007, 05:22 PM
I don't know how they ever intend to mention the conquest of their entire planet by a bunch of cartoon droids in their history books:

The droids said "Surrender," we said "Sure." Death and carnage ensued. :rolleyes:

Haha, that's pretty good Big B. :)

Yeah those naboo soldiers look dorky..sorry Tycho, I have to agree with JT and Big B on this one.

I think what I hate the most about them are the hats...they look like they should be checking in someone's luggage at the Theed Hotel.

jedi master sal
06-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Woo, agreement is cool! :D Lemme ask you, did you army-build the Naboo "Soldier"? Would you army-build the red variant? Would you regret it? ;)

And you make a good point about support, it may be done with a larf but people are a little interested in Willrow Hood, nobody was ever interested in the Naboo Soldier or Ep 3 Mon Mothma (even if she HAD remained in the film).

Okay let's see, I did buy a few Panakas (a couple of them to make white Naboo officers. I bought maybe 6-8 of the Mustard and Brown soldiers. Got roughly 15 of the Red pleated leather ones. Of the mechanics I got 8 of th yellow and I'll prolly get 4-6 of the red.

So yeah I guess I built up a little army, but nothing like the clones. To me anything less than about 8 isn't really army building. It's a squad. But this is left to ones own interpretation as to what the constitute as army building.

The Naboo were not populace at all. It varies given the source what the number is. Suffice to say they had little more than an ornamental army. Yes the soldiers were trained, but they were not prepared for a planetary invasion. So I can see them giving up rather than carrying on a war they couldn't win. In the end while innocent Naboo died, I'm betting less died because the Naboo laid down arms.

I don't think they were wrong to do that. I do think their outfits were not Star wars enough, but it's a different part of the SW galaxy we looked at in EPI. The Naboo were rather eccentric. Just look at the art noveau style starfighter.

-Sal

Jargo
06-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Something tells me the 'Naboo' wrested control of Naboo from the Gungans forcing them into submission and recluse. The 'Naboo' were white supremesists. They used the gungans as cannon fodder while they protected their own assets. Not very admirable. Amidala was a total hypocrite claiming to care about lost causes and all that peace crap but she was selfishly thinking of her own needs and remaining in her position of luxury and privileged authority. She was insincere when asking the gungans to fight. and the globe of peace was merely a token gesture.
For as much as I hate Jar Jar and Boss Nass, I admire the Gungans. They suffered greatly.

As for the style of uniform, it's no worse than some of the uniforms worn by earthly military units. it's just the colours that make it look odd. if it had been grey or khaki drab it would have looked more normal. again it's just a sign of opulence, showing off riches by using more expensive dyes and materials. while the Gungans have less colour because their rightful riches of the land had been robbed from them by the callous capitalist 'Naboo'.

Tycho
06-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Well Jargo, then it appears Palpatine won his elections with the help of just his kind of people ;)

Jargo
06-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Amidala and Palpatine are both self serving. But being a girly Amidala only wanted ponies and a fairytale landscape while Palpatine wanted to play soldiers. He needed more space for that so that's why he took the path he did. Amidala wouldn't let him play in his own garden so he took umbrage. Then he decided to play galactic monopoly with real planets.

Kidhuman
06-24-2007, 11:22 PM
Amidala and Palpatine are both self serving. But being a girly Amidala only wanted ponies and a fairytale landscape while Palpatine wanted to play soldiers. He needed more space for that so that's why he took the path he did. Amidala wouldn't let him play in his own garden so he took umbrage. Then he decided to play galactic monopoly with real planets.

It was more like RISK instead of Monopoly

Jargo
06-24-2007, 11:41 PM
yes indeed. how right you are. I'm half asleep. gotta stop posting in the middle of the the night....

2-1B
06-25-2007, 06:08 PM
If Padmidala wanted ponies, she should've just flown to Endor. They have 'em there.

JediTricks
06-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Yes, I grew to hate the Naboo because of how quickly they gave up. I don't know how they ever intend to mention the conquest of their entire planet by a bunch of cartoon droids in their history books:

The Bespin Security Guards are less pathetic than the Naboo soldiers.Yeah, of all the human military forces in SW, only the Naboo could be so lame that they make the Gungan and Ewok military forces look good by comparison. And the Naboo totally did roll over when the Trade Fed dropped by, there's a France joke in there somewhere, I'm sure. The Naboo are lamer than the Rancor Keeper, and he's a half-naked fat guy! As the Comic Book Guy would say, "worst... war... ever!"

Yeah those naboo soldiers look dorky..sorry Tycho, I have to agree with JT and Big B on this one.

I think what I hate the most about them are the hats...they look like they should be checking in someone's luggage at the Theed Hotel.Ha!!! That's a good one, I nearly choked from laughing! :D Nute Gunray and Rune Haako land, one of these chumps comes up and takes their bags, Nute spits "we don't tip!" ;)

Okay let's see, I did buy a few Panakas (a couple of them to make white Naboo officers. I bought maybe 6-8 of the Mustard and Brown soldiers. Got roughly 15 of the Red pleated leather ones. Of the mechanics I got 8 of th yellow and I'll prolly get 4-6 of the red.

So yeah I guess I built up a little army, but nothing like the clones. To me anything less than about 8 isn't really army building. It's a squad. But this is left to ones own interpretation as to what the constitute as army building.Yikes dude, that's way more than I was expecting. Granted, for you that's nothing, but 8 of the soldier techs, wow. Did you feel compelled to do so or was it by free will?

The Naboo were not populace at all. It varies given the source what the number is. Suffice to say they had little more than an ornamental army. Yes the soldiers were trained, but they were not prepared for a planetary invasion. So I can see them giving up rather than carrying on a war they couldn't win. In the end while innocent Naboo died, I'm betting less died because the Naboo laid down arms.The Naboo didn't seem to occupy the whole planet either though, so they didn't have as much stuff to protect. I guess Lucas was going straight for a France being invaded by Germany thing, complete with the parading droid troops down the opulent, wide Theed streets. But the Naboo Army just sat down and waited to be rounded up without firing a shot, they took the no-resistance path which ultimately let the Trade Fed easily march them off to camps and then start exterminating them when Amidala took off.

Something tells me the 'Naboo' wrested control of Naboo from the Gungans forcing them into submission and recluse. The 'Naboo' were white supremesists. They used the gungans as cannon fodder while they protected their own assets. Not very admirable. Amidala was a total hypocrite claiming to care about lost causes and all that peace crap but she was selfishly thinking of her own needs and remaining in her position of luxury and privileged authority. She was insincere when asking the gungans to fight. and the globe of peace was merely a token gesture. Hmm, sounds a little like how the British Empire used to be run.

As for the style of uniform, it's no worse than some of the uniforms worn by earthly military units. it's just the colours that make it look odd. if it had been grey or khaki drab it would have looked more normal.Name 1 real military's chief garb in the last 80 years that looked this silly. I can't think of any.

It was more like RISK instead of MonopolyAnd just as exciting to watch. :laugh:

Jargo
06-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Hmm, sounds a little like how the British Empire used to be run.
But also has echoes of White man vs native Americans. or white man vs Aborigine. White man vs Incas. White man vs black South Africans.

Name 1 real military's chief garb in the last 80 years that looked this silly. I can't think of any.
The naboo 'soldier' we're talking of puts me in mind of flight crew aboard US naval ships. And it was my understanding that this dude was in fact ground/flight crew for the N1 squadrons. not an actual soldier. the soldiers were the royal guards and royal security. hence the jumpsuit style of this particular character's costume.

anyway. did this quickie image. just wanted to illustrate that khaki works better than red and yellow in making the uniform seem more militaristic. if the ROTJ rebel strike force had had red and yellow uniforms that would have looked dumb too. so it's merely a colour issue coz in khaki green the uniform of the naboo soldier looks fine.

Tycho
06-25-2007, 09:17 PM
Nice photoshopping Jargo! I wish I knew how to do that. The figures look great and I'd buy the alternate colored troops fast!

Don't you like the looks of those JediMasterSal?

Armies...armies....armies.....mass consumption of plastic Star Wars figures :crazed:

Sniff them armies! PLASTIC!!! Yum.

Jargo
06-26-2007, 05:05 AM
I was actually thinking that he might look good in blue also. then the colours would match the astro droid colours. ha. The main thing I see wrong with the naboo soldier figure is the lack of neck and the upper body bulk. a trimmer toso and slimmer sleeves would have saved it.

*as far as recolouring the pic goes I just did a point to point selection in Paint Shop Pro 9 and then used a hue map to switch the RGB values in incrememnts across several channels until I found the right green. it works better than over painting or just a plain colourisation. I also adjust brightness and contrast and hue saturation. This green one was a rush job. the red version I took more time over.

Tycho
06-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Jargo, is that Corel's Paint Shop Pro? I think I have the same program, I just don't know how to use it! :mad:

Seriously, I got that about 2 months back, I just haven't had time to read the directions or use the tutorial CD it came with.

There's a new project for me.

Jargo
06-26-2007, 01:08 PM
yeah Corel bought out Jasc who used to do the software. version 10 is slightly annoying to use which is why I switched back to v9. It's not as poweful as photoshop but works for me. just takes time to get used to.

Sinscia Fat'o
06-26-2007, 04:41 PM
Tycho and KidHuman have done extensive polling here on which figures from Episodes I, II, IV, V, and VI should be made. ToyFare did its poll last year of the Top 25 figures. The site JediDefender has done its own polling of each of the five aforementioned films. I am unaware of other extensive polls. I thought it would be interesting to compare which figures showed up across polls. Setting aside figures that have already been made or which we have seen pictures of, here are 29 figures that show up on at least two of these polls.

13 figures show up on two polls:

Ben Quadrinaros – Tycho, JediDefender
Captain Needa – KH, JediDefender
Daultay Dofine – KH, Tycho
Rebel Flight Deck Crewman Yavin Base – KH, Tycho
Wald (little Rodian) – KH, JediDefender

15 figures show up on three polls:

Well i gotta say there alot of figs. on this list that i like, a few i understand why some people would want them, and others i have to just shake my head at by just imagining them imortalized in plastic. Figs i would buy from these lists.
Captain Needa-dont know why he wasn't made yet, he's a cool character that deserves the treatment to round out the empire commanders.

Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation)-idea as is, im not interested in but if this was some sort of deluxe figure that had snap on armor and such i would purchase it.

Owen (Episode IV - resculpted) – only if this figure was in the vintage assortment..basic carded owen doesn't need to be made again...we all recall the horrid box set don't we? his arms wouldn't even move. in vintage, articulated, soft goods, imagine the wonders of a old moisture farmer super articulated! :)

Beru Whitesun (Episode II) Only if they make a prequel owen do go with her along with Clieg lars in the chair...only way this figure should be made, though add a Anakin, and a PAdmae you got a decent battle pack.

Black Bespin Security Guard- would kick some &$$!!! why this one hadn't been done yet is beyond me, one of my favorites as a kid! Seriously.

Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian- would be a cool figure but it would die a horriable retail death. Come on a old woman as a action figure kinda sucks the action out don't it. Will never see the light of day.

Tonnika Sisters - icon characters that hadn't been made...kenner didnt do it...hasbro hadn't done it, not even side show has done anything on these two...and why not? I would buy four!

Torynn Farr- let me get this right, we get aliens and fat men who shovel poop but not the chick who blows up star destroyers in a chair? Dont really make alot of sense. She will be made though sooner or later.

Yarna d'al Gargan- first i understand a fat chick with three breasts...i understand really...but come on, no one has to think she will ever be made for about a dozen reasons. dont get me wrong im not bashing the characters fans, but i feel if hasbro makes this figure it should be a mail away offer from the vintage line. though how this figure is the most requested from all the characters in the saga is beyond my comprehension.

evenflow
06-26-2007, 06:50 PM

I agree with that!

Sinscia Fat'o
06-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I agree with that!

I understand people want Yarna, i really do and if they made her mass market i would buy her as well, but i just dont get why people are clammering for her so much, i mean she's not that detailed or complex of a character unlike lets say the Tonnaka Sisters... Though i guess thats what makes Star Wars such a diverse hobby everybody has there likes and dislikes as characters and themes go. Jabbas palace just wasn't one of my favorites.

Tycho
06-27-2007, 01:12 AM
I agree with Sincia Fat'o about Yarna myself, but she did rank in the Top 10 on my own poll (though I didn't vote for her).

However, I've been through this with the Yarna fans so many times already. They can articulate what they're passionate about better than I can.

However, I disagree with Sincia on the level of interest in Jabba's Palace:

Woof (vintage Klaatu)
Sgt. Doaylln
Ak Rev
Shasha Tiel
Human who shoots Luke's hand

These are all great ideas for figures from the Jabba environment.

I suppose Yarna would stand out more than 3 of them who are similar to other figures we've gotten already though. So yeah, I'd buy her if they made her. That being said, if I didn't have a Rancor Keeper already, I'd want him too.

JetsAndHeels
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
Ha!!! That's a good one, I nearly choked from laughing!

Oh man, JT gets my sense of humor!! Hell must be freezing over. :)

Nute Gunray and Rune Haako land, one of these chumps comes up and takes their bags, Nute spits "we don't tip!" ;)

And with that our Naboo guard/bag checker walks away, knowing he must somehow support his 2 children at home (who both already wear those stupid hats)

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 10:34 PM
But also has echoes of White man vs native Americans. or white man vs Aborigine. White man vs Incas. White man vs black South Africans.Yeah, good thing the British weren't involved with any of that. ;)

The naboo 'soldier' we're talking of puts me in mind of flight crew aboard US naval ships. And it was my understanding that this dude was in fact ground/flight crew for the N1 squadrons. not an actual soldier. the soldiers were the royal guards and royal security. hence the jumpsuit style of this particular character's costume. That's not what we were citing though, we were citing the majority of their military's garb, the outfits like Panaka's, the Naboo Royal Security's, and the Naboo Royal Guard's. The complaint about the TSC Naboo "Soldier" being some tech jerk in the hangar has been stated a bunch of times already, it was one of the chief complaints about the figure before it even came out.

anyway. did this quickie image. just wanted to illustrate that khaki works better than red and yellow in making the uniform seem more militaristic. if the ROTJ rebel strike force had had red and yellow uniforms that would have looked dumb too. so it's merely a colour issue coz in khaki green the uniform of the naboo soldier looks fine.Yellow is accurately modern militaristic, the flight crews on aircraft carriers wear very similar garb in several colors. But again, we were talking about the silly garb of the Naboo military itself, not the techs Hasbro chose to call "soldiers".

Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation)-idea as is, im not interested in but if this was some sort of deluxe figure that had snap on armor and such i would purchase it.A basic figure is fine, but might as well do the snap-on armor anyway since the character has a pile of armor in the scene.

Captain Needa-dont know why he wasn't made yet, he's a cool character that deserves the treatment to round out the empire commanders.

Beru Whitesun (Episode II) Only if they make a prequel owen do go with her along with Clieg lars in the chair...only way this figure should be made, though add a Anakin, and a PAdmae you got a decent battle pack.

Black Bespin Security Guard- would kick some &$$!!! why this one hadn't been done yet is beyond me, one of my favorites as a kid! Seriously.

Jocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian- would be a cool figure but it would die a horriable retail death. Come on a old woman as a action figure kinda sucks the action out don't it. Will never see the light of day.

Tonnika Sisters - icon characters that hadn't been made...kenner didnt do it...hasbro hadn't done it, not even side show has done anything on these two...and why not? I would buy four!

Torynn Farr- let me get this right, we get aliens and fat men who shovel poop but not the chick who blows up star destroyers in a chair? Dont really make alot of sense. She will be made though sooner or later.

Yarna d'al Gargan- first i understand a fat chick with three breasts...i understand really...but come on, no one has to think she will ever be made for about a dozen reasons. dont get me wrong im not bashing the characters fans, but i feel if hasbro makes this figure it should be a mail away offer from the vintage line. though how this figure is the most requested from all the characters in the saga is beyond my comprehension. Here's the thing, out of the list of figures I just culled from your comments, Yarna has possibly the most screentime of all of them even if she never said a word. She's a character from Jabba's palace who is the main focus of the camera for enough time that she's fairly well-known on sight. And Kenner was going to do that figure anyway so it's not THAT crazy. And unlike the Tonnikas or Torynn Farr, Yarna actually is seen doing something besides sitting there, and she's more alien than either of them.

Oh man, JT gets my sense of humor!! Hell must be freezing over. :)

And with that our Naboo guard/bag checker walks away, knowing he must somehow support his 2 children at home (who both already wear those stupid hats)I picture our "hero" coming home after hauling all their luggage up the Theed palace stairs for no tip so he won't get fired, and then flopping down on his sofa, having one of his rugrats run up to him and he plops his stupid hat on the kid's head so it fits over her eyes and is slightly cocked, then his life continues... for another week until the Trade Fed put everybody in his neighborhood to death to convince Amidala to return. :p

Sinscia Fat'o
06-28-2007, 05:09 PM
I understand where your coming form yes yarna has more screen time than three quarters of the characters really left to make from the triology, and yes she can be seen dancing in the palace, but that doesn't mean shes more well known. I'd actually had no idea who she was until i started frequenting star wars sights on the net, she really doesn't have any major novel roles unlike Toryn Farr or the Tonnakas who have a great expance of EU written about them and with them in the background, i cant find anything about yarna, which is why i didn't understand why she should be made first. But i do understand that she should be made from a collectors stand point, i think every character whether it be from movies, novels, Video games, ETC should have a shot at a potential figure if they demand is there. Which is why hasbro should take a mail away deal with her, like the old proof of purchase thing, or change the deal with the vintage collection and offer her in that wave because that line is more collector oriented.

bigbarada
06-28-2007, 06:28 PM
I understand where your coming form yes yarna has more screen time than three quarters of the characters really left to make from the triology, and yes she can be seen dancing in the palace, but that doesn't mean shes more well known. I'd actually had no idea who she was until i started frequenting star wars sights on the net, she really doesn't have any major novel roles unlike Toryn Farr or the Tonnakas who have a great expance of EU written about them and with them in the background, i cant find anything about yarna, which is why i didn't understand why she should be made first. But i do understand that she should be made from a collectors stand point, i think every character whether it be from movies, novels, Video games, ETC should have a shot at a potential figure if they demand is there. Which is why hasbro should take a mail away deal with her, like the old proof of purchase thing, or change the deal with the vintage collection and offer her in that wave because that line is more collector oriented.

I guess since I don't read EU, then I'm not up to speed on exactly who characters like Toryn Farr and the Tonnikas are. To me Toryn is just another boring Hoth Rebel (Major Derlin and General Rieekan were as ho-hum as can be). The Tonnika sisters were probably some of the least interesting looking aliens in the Cantina, in fact they looked more like leftover extras from the original Star Trek series.

However, the six-breasted fat lady named Yarna is someone who was burned into my mind upon my very first viewing of ROTJ. Kenner seemed to think she was worthy of a figure since they got all the way to the prototype and accessory stage before being halted by Lucasfilm.

JetsAndHeels
06-28-2007, 09:51 PM
I picture our "hero" coming home after hauling all their luggage up the Theed palace stairs for no tip so he won't get fired, and then flopping down on his sofa, having one of his rugrats run up to him and he plops his stupid hat on the kid's head so it fits over her eyes and is slightly cocked, then his life continues... for another week until the Trade Fed put everybody in his neighborhood to death to convince Amidala to return. :p

And on his tombstone sits that very hat, the one he wore with so much class and dignity. He worked hard day in and day out to tote the luggage for the countless visitors who stayed at the Theed Hotel.