PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Making Indiana Jones Figures

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

plasticfetish
05-10-2008, 02:55 AM
I saw Indiana Jones toys all over town today. At TRU, Target, Wal*Mart and our local (one-stop shop) Fred Meyer. I picked up two basic figures to start: Indy from KOTCS, and Indy from ROTLA. I haven't opened them yet, but I've gotta admit, part of me is really into this line, and another part of me is tempted to totally ignore it.

Just about all of the figures that I saw, both basic and deluxe, seemed like great, fun toys. Good concepts and fun packaging all around.

I tell you though, the really bad paint and weird face sculpts on the dozens of Indy figures that I looked at today, made me... I dunno... a little sad. The face paint on every Indy figure that I saw reminded me of the weird and irregular paint that you'd find on a vintage Obi-Wan Kenobi figure. And It's just bizarre how bad paint combined with a shaky sculpt makes most of them look more like Homer Simpson than Harrison Ford. (Doh!)

I get a feeling that this line was rushed through production to a certain degree, but I suppose that I should save my final judgment until after I've had a chance to open what I've bought.

All of the 12-inch figures looked terrible to me. The talking Indy borders on being scary, which is in no way excusable because these figures are only $20. I pity the poor little kid that gets a 12" Mutt figure for his birthday, and frankly, the German Officer thing is super creepy. (Seriously, why not just do Belloq as the bad guy?)

mark2d2
05-10-2008, 02:57 AM
http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=12579

okay, i am mentally challenged--or just tired perhaps. . . but here is where i saw those pics, hope the link works.

sebillba
05-10-2008, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the link, I'll have a good drool over these in a bit.... still not seen them in the plastic.

I went back to TRU this morning.... they only had only about 4 or 5 basic figures in total. :( But they did have plenty of Adventure Heroes, which weren't there last week. I didn't want to collect these, but I really want the free mail-in set, so rather than go home empty handed, I bought 4 sets. 4??!!! Why did I think I only needed 4 for the freebie??!!! Oh well, I'll go back in a day or two for the other 2 sets.... a good excuse to see if there are any other new figures.

bigbarada
05-10-2008, 10:51 AM
Steve just posted pics of the mail-away 12" Ark and AH Indy & Horse, including their fantastic packaging:

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=34&p2_articleid=2153

How sad is it that the 12"-scale Ark is better than combined all 4 of the figures it takes to get it?

I know the AH mail away was previously seen but the packaging wasn't.

That Ark looks amazing! But you're essentially paying $100 for that since the figures are all garbage. Maybe I'll try to buy just the Ark off of Ebay in a few months.

Beast
05-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Looks like Dietrich will be one of the first figures of 2009.

From Well of the Souls:

Questions for May 9th, 2008

Q: Though probably not the most 'exciting' concept for an action figure around, will we see a 'Professor Indy' any time soon?

A: We haven't gotten to this most iconic version yet, mainly because we are still debating which action feature to include: chalkboard writing action, hidden artifact reveal, or "student befuddlement" facial expression change. When we figure that out, we'll slot him in. In all seriousness, we have several more great Indys planned for next year, but haven't been able to get Prof. IJ in the line just yet.

Q: What are the chances of you releasing a Dietrich figure in the next wave of Raiders of the Lost Ark figures? For those of you that dont know the name, he was the German Crnl that melted with Toht and Belloq when the Ark was opened.

A: Dietrich is in the plans for early 2009.

Q: Now that you've got that fantastic horse mold, is there any chance of seeing it used for packs from the closing scene in Last Crusade or in the Star Wars line for Ewok/Marauder mounts (c'mon, who wouldn't want Chukha-Trok with a horse?) or in GI Joe (there was that one cartoon where the Joes were riding horses through the deserts of Kentucky to catch Cobra's bullet train)?

A: You can bet that this great horse will be reused in upcoming IJ sets. Interesting thought on the use of the tool as a possible equus companion to Chuhka-Trok if we ever do any sets tied to the live action Ewoks show. Thanks for the idea.
http://www.wellofthesouls.com/questionsqa.php

Beast
05-10-2008, 02:12 PM
And more teases of what's to come in 2009 from CTR:

Hasbro's INDIANA JONES Q&A: The Answers!
Posted by Curto on May 9, 2008 at 08:30 PM CST:

As you may have notice, we're HUGE Indiana Jones fans here at Cool Toy Review, and we've been builidng that audience more and more with each week as we get closer to the debut of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We've just opened a brand-new Indiana Jones section of our forums, where collectors can talk about all the merchandise, both old and new. But we're not done yet!

As part of Hasbro's bi-weekly Star Wars Q&A session over at Rebelscum, we've been allowed to pass on 3 of your burning Indiana Jones questions! So check out our inaugural edition, because we've got the answers for you.

Cool Toy Review: Do you plan to complete the vintage line of Indiana Jones figures? Meaning, can we hope for modern versions of Toht, German Mechanic, Marion in dress, Indy in German uniform, and Belloq in white suit?

Hasbro: As the IJ line continues on, we defintely have plans for versions of all of those iconic supporting characters in the line. At least three of those are planned for early 2009.

Cool Toy Review: With all the attention on recent releases of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles DVDs, will there be any characters from this TV series in action figure form?

Hasbro: Not specifically. We have been looking at Young Indy ourselves (and reading the comics too for additional inspiration), but with all the movie figures we have been focusing on we just haven't fit them in yet.

Cool Toy Review: At Toy Fair, it was hinted at the possibility of another playset...the Well of the Souls...which sounds like a great idea, BTW... Would you consider making is as a series of smaller playset environments like the current deluxe line so that they can be placed together to create the larger scene?

Hasbro: The current Deluxe scenes can be put together to connect, and we are exploring some additional concepts for more in this vein. However, these are defintely very tough to develop (both from a manpower and tooling standpoint), so whether we do more willd epend in large part on how these perform. We're hopeful though that we have found a great way to really capture some of that scenic excitement of Indy with these (and future) sets.
CTR's Indiana Jones Q&A Session #1 (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_STAR_WARS_INDIANA_JONES_QA_The_Answers_114 508.asp)

JediTricks
05-10-2008, 04:41 PM
I just figured out another thing that is superior about that Whippin' Indy figure I keep going on about. On regular Indy, the waist is very high and the torso a little short, while on Whippin' Indy the torso is noticeably longer and the waist lower, he's far more in proportion.

Does anybody else actually have this figure yet? Am I the only one who digs it, or am I just the only one who found it?

TNI has Hi-Res loose and carded pics of most of the Last Crusade wave.

They look great. I think these are some of my most anticipated figures. :)

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=12927

I don't think they delivered on the Henry Jones figure very well, that paint looks pretty meh and the sculpt seems off compared to the proto. And why does he come with a Luger pistol?

LC Indy with tie should absolutely come with his whip, what the hell???

I saw Indiana Jones toys all over town today. At TRU, Target, Wal*Mart and our local (one-stop shop) Fred Meyer. I picked up two basic figures to start: Indy from KOTCS, and Indy from ROTLA. I haven't opened them yet, but I've gotta admit, part of me is really into this line, and another part of me is tempted to totally ignore it.

Just about all of the figures that I saw, both basic and deluxe, seemed like great, fun toys. Good concepts and fun packaging all around.

I tell you though, the really bad paint and weird face sculpts on the dozens of Indy figures that I looked at today, made me... I dunno... a little sad. The face paint on every Indy figure that I saw reminded me of the weird and irregular paint that you'd find on a vintage Obi-Wan Kenobi figure. And It's just bizarre how bad paint combined with a shaky sculpt makes most of them look more like Homer Simpson than Harrison Ford. (Doh!)Yeah, this line does have that feeling to it, and the Harrison sculpts are mostly bad on all. However, if you can find decent paint on the Raiders Indy with whipping action, that has the superior head sculpt (face AND hat!) and is tons of fun to play with even though the legs are mostly unposeable, it's worth getting.

That Ark looks amazing! But you're essentially paying $100 for that since the figures are all garbage. Maybe I'll try to buy just the Ark off of Ebay in a few months.Yeah, it's unbelievable how they want you to spend $80 plus tax plus shipping for the Ark and you're stuck with all their ugly figures.

I got the idol to fit in his hand fine. It just takes some adjusting.

Like here:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ_IndyROTLA.asp

I actually have mine different than this. It's sitting in his palm.Curto cheated there by bending the hand WAY over the idol, as if the hand wasn't excessively open as it is.

I can easily get it into the hand as you described, I just can't get it to STAY there which is what I said before.

sebillba
05-10-2008, 05:51 PM
I just figured out another thing that is superior about that Whippin' Indy figure I keep going on about. On regular Indy, the waist is very high and the torso a little short, while on Whippin' Indy the torso is noticeably longer and the waist lower, he's far more in proportion.

Does anybody else actually have this figure yet? Am I the only one who digs it, or am I just the only one who found it?

No I've got it as well, and it is a really nice figure, with great play value. I like the sculpt, and the action feature works really well. I just feel the idol Indy has the edge as my favourite figure so far (I only have the ROTLA wave).... for me, the definitive Indy should be SA, and have the jacket, which is an integral part of the iconic image.

plasticfetish
05-10-2008, 05:53 PM
Does anybody else actually have this figure yet? Am I the only one who digs it, or am I just the only one who found it?No, after hitting about a half dozen places, I didn't see this figure... so stop going on about it, and getting everyone all excited. Maybe I'll get a chance at it then. :D

bigbarada
05-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Yeah, it's unbelievable how they want you to spend $80 plus tax plus shipping for the Ark and you're stuck with all their ugly figures.

Still, it's the Ark of the Covenant. It's a toy, but it also represents something with significant historical and religious meaning. it's not like the Holy Grail, where it's kind of doubtful if it ever really existed or not (I would lean towards NO), but you can actually open up a Tanakh and read the directions on how to build the Ark, so it's an object that clearly existed at one point in time.

So, what are the four figures that you need to buy to get the Ark? Is is just the two Indys, Mutt and the Cairo Swordman?

figrin bran
05-10-2008, 09:48 PM
and is there any word on the jungle cutter yet?

Yes indeed! I found and bought one this morning and then later on in the day, both JediTricks and myself saw 2 of them at a Target. It looks like the vehicle assortments are either 2 Cargo Trucks + 2 Troop Cars or 2 Cargo Trucks + 2 Jungle Cutters.

The right hand side of the Cutter's cockpit has a rubbery curtain that you can lift up to allow a driver in. It's a nice touch as usually that sort of thing is part of the plastic mold.

I had quite a few other Indy hauls as well - the Whippin Indy that JT's been raving about, Irina, Dovchenko, Russian Soldier and the German Soldier 2 pack.

Beast
05-10-2008, 09:51 PM
So, what are the four figures that you need to buy to get the Ark? Is is just the two Indys, Mutt and the Cairo Swordman?
You can send in any combination of 4 stickers from the 12" Figures.

Indiana Jones (Whipping)
Indiana Jones (Talking)
Cairo Swordsman
German Officer
Mutt Williams
Colonel Dovchenko (Not out until August, as far as I know.)

K M Toydarian
05-10-2008, 10:43 PM
You can send in any combination of 4 stickers from the 12" Figures.

Indiana Jones (Whipping)
Indiana Jones (Talking)
Cairo Swordsman
German Officer
Mutt Williams
Colonel Dovchenko (Not out until August, as far as I know.)

I am hoping Dovchenko is interesting, but I would love to get non military figures like Sallah, Short Round, Marion, Henry Jones. I am not buying many 12", so I would like some iconic Indy characters, rather than GI Joe/military types. Any of those cheap Soldiers of the World 12" are better detailed than the German Indy soldier.
I may get Mutt and make an authentic Jacket for him. Why he doesn't come with even a substandard one like Indy I don't know. He looks like someone swiped part of his outfit from the box. Heck, I am sure there is a Ken doll Jacket that would do out there.
I do want an Irina Spalko 12" though. Very Star Wars-y type 12", and the Gi Jane body wouldn't be that bad.

EDIT: just saw a pic of Dovchenko ...
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_004W113784110006P
Seems OK, but still kinda generic Military figure.

DarkArtist
05-11-2008, 01:03 PM
picked up Mutt Williams with Snake last night. all I need now is a couple of Ugha Warriors (2-3), Cemetary Workers (2-3), a couple more German Soliders (both single and deluxe), Russian Solider (2-3), Colonel Devenko (2 more for Custom), Irina Spalko (2-4 for Custom - want to swap her head with Deena Shan for a new female Imperial Officer, and use the body for custom EU Infinties Imperial Leia), a maybe two more Marion's for customs.

also need from the deluxe:

Indy with Temple Pitfall
Indy with Idol Trap
Indy with Horse
Marion with Cairo Henchman
German Soliders
2 German Motorcycles

plus the later waves LC,TOD etc

Jayspawn
05-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Was there any word on which figures would be in the TOD wave?

jedibear
05-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Indiana Jone (w/ Sankara Stones)
Mola Ram
Short Round
Temple Thug
Thuggee Guard
Willie Scott

Here's hoping the Willie Scott comes with a rack to roast her in... lol

K M Toydarian
05-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Indiana Jones is on USA or TNT or some network today. TOD was on when I turned the TV on right when they arrive at the Maharajah(sp?)(the kid)'s palace for dinner.
I want a Willie in Harem garb with Monkey Brain desert!

jedibear
05-12-2008, 01:09 AM
Actually had my first sighting of deluxe figures today...at KMart of all places.
Picked up Indy on the horse and the German Motorcycle Soldier. Both are real nice. I really like the Indy with the horse...very well done for this scale.
I gotta say...I'm real impressed with what I've picked up from this line so far and it's great to see a genuine sense of enthusiasm in the collecting world again...let's enjoy it while it lasts!

Hope to see more basic figures up here soon...

sebillba
05-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Awesome pics as always jedibear.

I can't wait to find the horse and motorcycle sets.

sebillba
05-12-2008, 05:12 AM
I went back to TRU this morning.... they only had only about 4 or 5 basic figures in total. :( But they did have plenty of Adventure Heroes, which weren't there last week. I didn't want to collect these, but I really want the free mail-in set, so rather than go home empty handed, I bought 4 sets. 4??!!! Why did I think I only needed 4 for the freebie??!!! Oh well, I'll go back in a day or two for the other 2 sets.... a good excuse to see if there are any other new figures.

Well I went back to TRU again, still nothing new, but I got the other two AH sets I passed on last time. Just opened them up, tried to complete my sticker sheet, and found the Marion set had the wrong sticker!!! :mad: I phoned Hasbro, but they were no help, said I would have to take it back and exchange as a faulty item. :frus:

JediTricks
05-12-2008, 05:30 AM
Found at TRU a Dlx German Motorcycle, this is a great set, the bike is nearly perfect (the wheels are solid with sculpted spokes, that's my complaint) and the figure is really good as well.

Found at Target a Figrin Bran, who gave me a $5 off coupon he printed out, thanks! :D Also found a bunch of figures, picked up Dlx German Soldiers which are fine but uneventful, to go in the Cargo Truck which I also picked up. The cargo truck is very good, surprisingly accurate to the film (minus the Mercedes Benz emblems on the hood ornament and radiator), and holds plenty of figures. The cargo truck however is missing a feature I was really looking forward to that is mentioned on HTS, that of the breakaway windshield which just ain't there.

I noticed last night that the IJ figures are slightly shorter than Star Wars figures, that's kind of lame. The German Soldiers aren't as short, but the Indy figures are a hair under Luke Jedi's height which ain't much.

No I've got it as well, and it is a really nice figure, with great play value. I like the sculpt, and the action feature works really well. I just feel the idol Indy has the edge as my favourite figure so far (I only have the ROTLA wave).... for me, the definitive Indy should be SA, and have the jacket, which is an integral part of the iconic image.In theory, I agree with ya, but the way Hasbro produced it, it just didn't turn out that way for me.

K M Toydarian
05-12-2008, 07:09 AM
Well I went back to TRU again, still nothing new, but I got the other two AH sets I passed on last time. Just opened them up, tried to complete my sticker sheet, and found the Marion set had the wrong sticker!!! :mad: I phoned Hasbro, but they were no help, said I would have to take it back and exchange as a faulty item. :frus:

Despite the mail in form having a very sticker specific map, the form also says "any combination" of 6 stickers from Adventure Heroes packages will be accepted. There are 12 sets revealed so far as well, so there will be doubling up of stickers, so I have to feel they will accept any combination, even repeats. It's something I was going to check into as well.

sebillba
05-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Despite the mail in form having a very sticker specific map, the form also says "any combination" of 6 stickers from Adventure Heroes packages will be accepted. There are 12 sets revealed so far as well, so there will be doubling up of stickers, so I have to feel they will accept any combination, even repeats. It's something I was going to check into as well.

You're right! I phoned Hasbro again to make sure... she double checked and said it would be fine, but suggested I put in a cover note, referring to the terms and conditions. So that saves me another trip back to TRU. :thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
05-12-2008, 07:01 PM
I tell you though, the really bad paint and weird face sculpts on the dozens of Indy figures that I looked at today, made me... I dunno... a little sad. The face paint on every Indy figure that I saw reminded me of the weird and irregular paint that you'd find on a vintage Obi-Wan Kenobi figure. And It's just bizarre how bad paint combined with a shaky sculpt makes most of them look more like Homer Simpson than Harrison Ford. (Doh!)

I was curious about this. I went through all of the Indy figures looking to get one, and with the exception of the Crystal Skull Indy figures, they all had bug eyes, cross eyes, or eyes splayed out in two directions. I finally decided that in order to get an Indy figure, I'd have to buy three or four different figures and use an older head. Whats' really weird is that it largely seems to be Indy himself, like they didn't focus on the star of the series.

figrin bran
05-12-2008, 09:50 PM
Found at Target a Figrin Bran, who gave me a $5 off coupon he printed out, thanks! :D Also found a bunch of figures, picked up Dlx German Soldiers which are fine but uneventful, to go in the Cargo Truck which I also picked up. The cargo truck is very good, surprisingly accurate to the film (minus the Mercedes Benz emblems on the hood ornament and radiator), and holds plenty of figures. The cargo truck however is missing a feature I was really looking forward to that is mentioned on HTS, that of the breakaway windshield which just ain't there.

JT, great to run into you and great to be able to help you out with the coupon. I'm glad they accepted it as they have denied me once at that particular store.

sebillba and KM, thanks for the info about the 6 stickers and the GH sets. Am I ever relieved that I don't have to complete the map especially since it's not a line that I want to be a completist for.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but as the German soldiers ship in 2 variants - basically the 2 soldiers in the Deluxe 2 pack - blond soldier and the Quentin Tarantino looking dude.

JT, I didn't like whippin action Indy as much as you do but I do like the whip.

Beast
05-12-2008, 10:11 PM
It's not Hasbro... but some of them are pretty cool. Here's pictures of the Burger King toys that are now available. Cross posting this from the Indy IV movie thread.

http://www.wellofthesouls.com/bk.php

JediTricks
05-13-2008, 03:50 AM
JT, great to run into you and great to be able to help you out with the coupon. I'm glad they accepted it as they have denied me once at that particular store. Yeah, the clerk blasted it with the gun, said he had dealt with these recently, who knows, maybe your failure there is what prompted that knowledge.

JT, I didn't like whippin action Indy as much as you do but I do like the whip.Hmm, why not? It can't be the head, I hope, as it really delivers better than the others IMO. Is it the gimmick body, or factor-X?

figrin bran
05-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Yeah, the clerk blasted it with the gun, said he had dealt with these recently, who knows, maybe your failure there is what prompted that knowledge.

Hmm, why not? It can't be the head, I hope, as it really delivers better than the others IMO. Is it the gimmick body, or factor-X?

Yes, I just don't like the gimmick body. I'm actually scared that the trigger leg might break off one day. Now, I've found that the head is actually the same mold as the Raiders Jacket Indy and they can be a perfect swap for one another. Put whippin's head plus the whip on RotLA Jacket and you've got yourself the best Indy in the line.

sebillba
05-13-2008, 11:23 AM
I popped over to Woolworths near where I work today, and couldn't believe my luck..... more deluxe figures! I scored both Indy playsets, plus the two sets I've been most wanting - Indy with horse and German on motorcycle. :D Now I can't wait to get home and rip them open!! (Still not seen the German 2-pack though.)

I also caved and bought the basic Marion, just for the relic.... dammit, looks like I've become a completist for this line!

For the record though, the Indys from these sets have the substandard paint apps. They're not too bad, just not up to the standard of the others I've found.

JediTricks
05-13-2008, 09:30 PM
Yes, I just don't like the gimmick body. I'm actually scared that the trigger leg might break off one day. Now, I've found that the head is actually the same mold as the Raiders Jacket Indy and they can be a perfect swap for one another. Put whippin's head plus the whip on RotLA Jacket and you've got yourself the best Indy in the line.The gimmick leg could break off I guess, but it's not articulated so it should remain in place, the articulated trigger legs are usually more problematic.

The head is not the same as the Raiders Jacket Indy, that figure's face has less detail, a different mouth and nose and eyes, hat, even ears and hair, the easiest way to compare is the sideburns, they're a totally different shape from each other from fig to fig. Do you mean the peg though? I just tried, the Cairo Indy's face is longer (noticeably, look from the back) and the peg is SLIGHTLY smaller so it's a nasty fit on the Jacket Indy, but it does indeed make the best Indy - next time I see another Cairo (aka Whippin') figure, I'm buying it for this even though the skin tones are off - then I have an extra body in case my awesome Whip figure ever dies, plus an extra string whip.

I was having a really solid day today, so I stopped in at Glendale Target and found a replacement for Sallah - yay!

figrin bran
05-13-2008, 10:09 PM
I was having a really solid day today, so I stopped in at Glendale Target and found a replacement for Sallah - yay!

Wow! congrats on an actual find at "Deadwood" Target as many of us in the LA finds thread call it.

I stopped by BK during my lunch break and got this carptastic Mutt Williams toy. The jumping mine car toy looks like it might be fun so I'll keep trying for that one.

jonthejedi
05-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Head over to rebelscum.com for a great shot of Harrison Ford carrying IJ toys(no doubt for Calista's son Liam); as well as youtube's Raiders truck chase video...all done with current IJ toys. Very cool!

Beast
05-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Head over to rebelscum.com for a great shot of Harrison Ford carrying IJ toys(no doubt for Calista's son Liam); as well as youtube's Raiders truck chase video...all done with current IJ toys. Very cool!
Yeah, that's great.

The Roleplay Whip, the Mr. Potato Head, and I guess 12" Talking Indy.

jonthejedi
05-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Starting this Sunday at Toys R Us, Indy 3.75" are buy 2, get the 3rd free(also Narnia).

TheRealDubya
05-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Starting this Sunday at Toys R Us, Indy 3.75" are buy 2, get the 3rd free(also Narnia).

I guess I know where I'll be Sunday. Any idea if this includes the Deluxe figures, or just basic?

jonthejedi
05-15-2008, 03:25 PM
..the sale flyer says All Indiana Jones 3 3/4" figures. I haven't bought openers yet for the crystal skellie mail-away..so this works great. Also for German convoy truck dudes.

Droid
05-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Has the deluxe Indy with Ark been released yet? I can't find it.

TheRealDubya
05-15-2008, 03:59 PM
..the sale flyer says All Indiana Jones 3 3/4" figures. I haven't bought openers yet for the crystal skellie mail-away..so this works great. Also for German convoy truck dudes.

Nice. I'm going to pick up some 2 packs then. Still need Indy with the Ark, German 2-pack and Marion vs. Cairo Henchman.

Has the deluxe Indy with Ark been released yet? I can't find it.

It has indeed. It is shipping, I believe, in the second revision Deluxe cases.

Ji'dai
05-15-2008, 04:36 PM
Spotted the 12" German Soldier at TRU for the first time. The figure looks pretty good with a nice uniform. It even says 'Wehrmacht' on the sleeve. I may end up getting the Cairo Indy, Swordsman, Soldier, and Mutt from the 12" line.

I was hoping on a 3 for 2 sale to get the Adventures Heroes packs but if it's just the 3-3/4" that's fine. I've been passing on many of the Deluxe due to paint issues so there's still much for me to buy from this line.

plasticfetish
05-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Has the deluxe Indy with Ark been released yet? I can't find it.I picked one up at a small local shop yesterday, so yes, it should be out there now. (Or very soon.)

JediTricks
05-15-2008, 06:06 PM
Wow! congrats on an actual find at "Deadwood" Target as many of us in the LA finds thread call it. So that's the store you guys refer to, I didn't realize. I didn't expect to find jack squat, I was hitting Star Mazda in Glendale for a few parts for my car and figured what the heck.

I stopped by BK during my lunch break and got this carptastic Mutt Williams toy. The jumping mine car toy looks like it might be fun so I'll keep trying for that one.

Has the deluxe Indy with Ark been released yet? I can't find it.Yeah, I have it, not a bad set tho' not without its foibles. It's in wave 1, alongside the German Soldier 2pack and Marion & Cairo Henchman.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Well, I held the Peruvian idol Indy figure... I looked at the figure and card...it was the only one on the pegs... and I passed on it. Just couldn't do it.

I saw one of the KOTCS Indy figs, and it had an extra hand accessory?!? :confused: Is that some movie spoiler? :eek:

LTBasker
05-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Yup, in Crystal Skull, Indy gets his hands chopped off by the Cairo Swordsman's brother, it is then replaced with a robotic hand with a special cameo by 21-B. :crazed:

Actually it appears that the hand that is equipped on the figure in the package is meant for holding the Crystal Skull, and the alternate hand is for holding the pistol or whip. :D

El Chuxter
05-15-2008, 08:20 PM
And why have they been unwilling for the most part to do that with SW figures? (I think the interchangeable parts on the OTC Dagobah Luke and the Evolutions sets are the only times they've done this.)

Bel-Cam Jos
05-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Yup, in Crystal Skull, Indy gets his hands chopped off by the Cairo Swordsman's brother, it is then replaced with a robotic hand with a special cameo by 21-B. :crazed:

Actually it appears that the hand that is equipped on the figure in the package is meant for holding the Crystal Skull, and the alternate hand is for holding the pistol or whip. :DList it as a spoiler, dang it!

Now I know that Indy holds a skull, a whip, and a gun in the movie! :mad: :ruined,ruineditellsya:

:p

JediTricks
05-15-2008, 09:13 PM
And why have they been unwilling for the most part to do that with SW figures? (I think the interchangeable parts on the OTC Dagobah Luke and the Evolutions sets are the only times they've done this.)They did this with a bunch of the ROTS figures that held lightsabers and had action gimmicks, it was a tad underwhelming IMO. I like the accessories, so having a hand permanently grafted to it wasn't what I was looking for.

plasticfetish
05-16-2008, 07:04 PM
So, I saw a pile of those whip-cracking Indy figures at Target yesterday, and wasn't exactly overwhelmed by them. Didn't buy it, but maybe next time. I'm assuming that perhaps it's one of those figures that ends up being ten times better once you've taken it out of the package?

Anyway...

I've gone and organized the Indiana Jones section (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=3181) in the Database over at actionfigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/)

Have put up photos of the "golden idol" Indy (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=3188), and will probably add a few more as time goes by.

JediTricks
05-16-2008, 08:40 PM
So, I saw a pile of those whip-cracking Indy figures at Target yesterday, and wasn't exactly overwhelmed by them. Didn't buy it, but maybe next time. I'm assuming that perhaps it's one of those figures that ends up being ten times better once you've taken it out of the package?That's how it was for me, I bought it because it was the first Indy figure I saw, it didn't blow my mind in the store, but once I got it home and examined it, fiddled with it, and found some cool poses for it, it "got" me.

Droid
05-16-2008, 08:59 PM
I found Indy and the Ark. I find the cloth on the Indy to be poor fitting and the facial expression is off, but the Ark is a neat toy. Worth the price for me.

Jayspawn
05-16-2008, 09:06 PM
The Indy w/Ark is hit and miss on quality. I passed on several in stores b4 finding a great one at a Target. Perfect sculpt and paint apps.

figrin bran
05-17-2008, 02:17 AM
So far, the Indy w. Arks that I've seen have been all miss and thus I haven't bought one yet.

It looks like HTS is finally fulfilling some of those Indy preorders as I've gotten shipping confirmation on 2 of my orders. At least I don't have to worry about finding an Indy w. horse and a Marion in stores now but let's just hope they have decent paint apps.

jedibear
05-17-2008, 08:56 AM
Haven't even seen the first assortment of deluxe figures yet. Seems like our area skipped right to the second wave (Indy Horse). Ah well...

Opened up KOTCS Indy...pretty good figure. Gave him ROTS Indy's coiled whip and even though it doesn't "work", I like the smaller-scaled gun holster.

Made the rounds....no place around here has refreshed their figures and WM still has put NOTHING out. Good grief...the movie opens this next week....

Beast
05-17-2008, 10:12 AM
Here's our first look at the Cairo Thugs 2-Pack from Deluxe Wave 3. :)

Kinda cool, what with the Swordsman and Henchman we already have.

Hopefully we get a 2-Pack of Russian Soldiers at some point also.

Still no pic of the Deluxe Mutt Williams with Motorcycle though.

plasticfetish
05-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Opened up KOTCS Indy...pretty good figure. Gave him ROTS Indy's coiled whip and even though it doesn't "work", I like the smaller-scaled gun holster.That's a good idea. I thought about trying it with the whip from that figure, but managed to get his whip sort of coiled.

(Put photos up at the actionfigs database >> here (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=3201).)

I like this figure well enough, but this particular one is guilty of having the most Homer Simpson-ish face (http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=26268) of them all. Fun toy though, with some really good play value.

El Chuxter
05-17-2008, 03:39 PM
Oh my God, he does look like Homer Simpson!

plasticfetish
05-17-2008, 03:53 PM
Okay, good... it's not just me then.

Ji'dai
05-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Here's our first look at the Cairo Thugs 2-Pack from Deluxe Wave 3. :)

Kinda cool, what with the Swordsman and Henchman we already have. Yeah, I wish we would've gotten the guy she actually hit with the frying pan included with Marion. Then the Arab henchman could've just been in the 2-pack.

I saw more Wave 2 Deluxe at WM this afternoon but the eye paint jobs were bad on every one. They looked a lot like the "Homer Indy" pic PF posted. I really want the Indy with horse but I can't bring myself to buy the ones I've come across thus far.

JediTricks
05-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Man, that is one awful paint job, it really does look like Homer with the big eyes, heavy eyebrows, light hair, and muzzle.

So, I watched Raiders the other day, and I noticed that Indy's 38 is a short-barrel, not a long-barrel like the toys come with. If they had gotten that right, they could have made the working holster a little smaller. I can't imagine what they're gonna do if they do the Marion's Bar version of Indy, he switches between the revolver and a pistol in a continuity error.

Beast
05-17-2008, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I wish we would've gotten the guy she actually hit with the frying pan included with Marion. Then the Arab henchman could've just been in the 2-pack.
I just wonder if the Cario Swordsman is the new Clonetrooper.

We've already got the Swordsman, the Henchmen, and 2 Thugs. Heh. :D

defiant00
05-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Does anyone know when the next wave of basic figures will be released, or when pics will be available of the ToD figure wave? I've managed to score all of the basic figures that have been released to date, and I'll probably pick up the Indy w/ Ark pack, as well...

Beast
05-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know when the next wave of basic figures will be released, or when pics will be available of the ToD figure wave? I've managed to score all of the basic figures that have been released to date, and I'll probably pick up the Indy w/ Ark pack, as well...
I keep hearing July for the Last Crusade wave. But who knows for sure.

TheRealDubya
05-17-2008, 09:15 PM
I can't imagine what they're gonna do if they do the Marion's Bar version of Indy, he switches between the revolver and a pistol in a continuity error.

Was that an error? I always assumed the Colt service pistol was his backup piece.

jedimastergeorge06
05-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Does any one need the order form and all the stickers for the indiana jones mail away figure? I have an extra. All the stickers are on the order form and its ready for you to put your name and address and stuff. Just let me know and your price that you are willing to buy it for and maybe we can work something out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-18-2008, 10:49 AM
Posted by JediMastergeorge06: Does any one need the order form and all the stickers for the indiana jones mail away figure? I have an extra. All the stickers are on the order form and its ready for you to put your name and address and stuff. Just let me know and your price that you are willing to buy it for and maybe we can work something out.

I would assume that if anybody were to buy this from you, it would be for the price of the figures in the store, 20-25 bucks. As anybody can go to any toy store, find the six figures and do it themselves.

The Indy w/Ark is hit and miss on quality. I passed on several in stores b4 finding a great one at a Target. Perfect sculpt and paint apps.

DEFINITELY went through the same situation. The version I got on the launch night had really bad eyes, so a few days later, I went to target and they had about two-three of them, so i found the best one, bought it, went out to my car, grabbed the wacky eyes one and returned it using that reciept. hehehehehe :thumbsup:

LTBasker
05-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Got bored and was watching Raiders, so I equipped whipping Indy with a spare man-purse and 1911 Colt from a 21st Century Toys WWII figure, they work well with the Indy scale. :D Also a good source for extra Nazis.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/IndyPistolBag.jpg

DarkArtist
05-18-2008, 03:51 PM
finally found the Cemetary Worker and Russian Solider today at Target. need to get 2 more of each and the Deluxe Marion and Indy with Horse for a complete set. sent out for 3 of the crystal skeleton with throne.

Friday I found the Deluxe Indy with Pitfall and Indy with Idol Trap. picked up both but can't figure out how to make the Idol trap work where you can remove the idol and not have it collapse.

sebillba
05-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Friday I found the Deluxe Indy with Pitfall and Indy with Idol Trap. picked up both but can't figure out how to make the Idol trap work where you can remove the idol and not have it collapse.

If you twist the lower section of the platform clockwise, the idol will pop up, and can be removed, leaving the platform locked in place.

Ji'dai
05-18-2008, 04:07 PM
I just wonder if the Cario Swordsman is the new Clonetrooper.

We've already got the Swordsman, the Henchmen, and 2 Thugs. Heh. :D Ah, I didn't realize that Hasbro reused the same body for the Swordsman and Arab henchman until I looked at them today.

Spotted the Indy Mr. Potato-head today at WM for the first time. I didn't know it played music when you press down on the fedora.

My WM rolled out a large cube display with Indy figures and role-play whips as I was walking in this morning. I went through every one of those damn figures and found not a one with good paint apps. I'm going to start tracking date stamps to see if the paint issues improve.

Guess I should've bought the Cargo Truck and Troop Car in the first week. I haven't seen either vehicle since. TRU's sale was a bust this morning. Hopefully they get a truck in this week. The movie opens this Thursday!

jedimastergeorge06
05-18-2008, 04:52 PM
I just got back from my local kmart today and they had the troop car there and so i was looking around for the price scanner thingy and found one and scanned it and it said to check the price sticker on shelf or something like that so i went to the service desk and they scanned it for me and it said not on file so the employee asked for one of the managers (i guess cause he was wearing a white dress shirt so im guessing he was a member of managment) anyway.. so he scanned it and it said the same thing so he looked at me and said ok its $2.00 ...i was like...really and he said yes so i got the troop car for 2 bucks. So im not sure if thats the rule if something is not on file then you get it cheap or what but i got lucky i guess.

figrin bran
05-18-2008, 07:05 PM
TRU has buy 2 get the 3rd free on Indy basic figs this week.

Unfortunately, they did not have a very good selection when I went. I ended up with a Russian Soldier and both of the Mutt Williams. I've been holding off on the latter and not really sure if I wanted them but at $4.60 something, I figured why not.

I also finally found and bought a Marion at Target.

JediTricks
05-18-2008, 09:12 PM
So, I watched Last Crusade last night and noticed that the gun Indy throws his dad is a Walther P38, I suppose Hasbro just assumed the Luger looked close enough that it'd count (but it's a big difference really). I also noticed for the first time that Donovan shoots Henry Jones in the gut with a Walther PPK - the James Bond gun, nice touch.

Was that an error? I always assumed the Colt service pistol was his backup piece.Total continuity error, from cut to cut the gun in his right hand changes from pistol to revolver to pistol to revolver - nobody would go back and forth like that in the middle of a shootout.

Got bored and was watching Raiders, so I equipped whipping Indy with a spare man-purse and 1911 Colt from a 21st Century Toys WWII figure, they work well with the Indy scale. :D Also a good source for extra Nazis.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/IndyPistolBag.jpgNicely done. Does the courier bag get in the way of the whipping action? I assume that's why it's not on the figure, and why his belt isn't connected to the "spine" the way it is on the Idol jacket figure.

LTBasker
05-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Nope, the courier bag doesn't make a difference, I don't know about the ones that actually come with Jones figures, but don't see why they would be any different. The only thing that gets in the way of the whipping action for my figure is the ridiculously oversized holster, I have to slide it behind his right leg in order for the whipping action to work.

Here's a demo video with the courier bag on:
http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y106/Jedigreedo/?action=view&current=IndianaWhip.flv

JediTricks
05-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Hmm, weird, mine works fine with the holster on the front, it's the whip-band (the thing on the left that holds the whip) which gets in the way on mine. Nice to see it works there, I'll have to get another Indy figure with a courier bag to do that, I guess.

figrin bran
05-19-2008, 12:39 AM
Indy w. Horse is a great, great set! :thumbsup:

The horse has a great amount of articulation - even has ball jointed knees and hooves. The Indy has some wear on the jacket which looks pretty nice IMO and for those who care about such things, it has the larger neckpost and so it's more or less compatible/switchable with the KotCS Indy figs.

TheRealDubya
05-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Total continuity error, from cut to cut the gun in his right hand changes from pistol to revolver to pistol to revolver - nobody would go back and forth like that in the middle of a shootout.

Crazy. I wonder if Hasbro will put that figure out with the pistol? That's a rare oversight on Spielberg's part. But IMDB totally calls it out:

"Continuity: In the scene in Marion's bar, when Indiana ducks behind a corner, the type of pistol he is shooting changes with every cut."

Good catch JT.

Ji'dai
05-19-2008, 12:23 PM

If you twist the lower section of the platform clockwise, the idol will pop up, and can be removed, leaving the platform locked in place. I just bought and opened this figure yesterday. Mine came with a nice two-sided, 8-1/2" x 11" instruction sheet that shows how to assemble and operate the trap. Pretty cool that it has two mechanisms to either spring the trap or avoid it.

JediTricks
05-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Crazy. I wonder if Hasbro will put that figure out with the pistol? That's a rare oversight on Spielberg's part. But IMDB totally calls it out:

"Continuity: In the scene in Marion's bar, when Indiana ducks behind a corner, the type of pistol he is shooting changes with every cut."

Good catch JT.Thanks. If they hadn't shown the revolver a few minutes prior with such panache, I might have missed it, but it's only by the well-paced editing that it doesn't reek of a flaw to everybody watching. I think Hasbro should include both the revolver and the pistol in the set just to have fun with it.

figrin bran
05-19-2008, 09:55 PM
I received 2 small boxes of Indy figs from HTS today. I had forgotten to cancel some of the preorders I had when I found the figures in stores but wouldn't you know it, each and every one had great paint apps.

Ji'dai
05-20-2008, 01:53 PM
What are the date stamps on the figs you got from HTS, figrin? I was wondering if the newer figures had better paint jobs than the earlier ones. There are exceptions though, the Indy with Temple Trap I bought came off the line on January 16, but it has a great paint job. The earliest figures I've seen were made in December of last year.

JediTricks
05-20-2008, 04:01 PM
I hope I find that Indy with Horse soon, I don't have the patience to really hunt it down and I don't want it enough to make a big deal out of it, so it's like right in that middle ground area.

figrin bran
05-20-2008, 09:22 PM
What are the date stamps on the figs you got from HTS, figrin? I was wondering if the newer figures had better paint jobs than the earlier ones. There are exceptions though, the Indy with Temple Trap I bought came off the line on January 16, but it has a great paint job. The earliest figures I've seen were made in December of last year.

They were 80791, 80731, 80461.

jedibear
05-21-2008, 01:51 AM
Boy it's like deja vu all over again...

This line is turning out to be as big a distribution debacle as SW has been on occasion. There are NO basic figures around my area to speak of at all. TRU is having their sale (the buy 2 get 1 free thing) and they only have one lone German Soldier hanging there. Our WM still has NOTHING, our KM hasn't refreshed since their initial shipment and KB has only a few Mutts and bad-paintjob Marions (at $8.99 each)...

Here the movie opens this week and there is no merch to support it! Astonishing...if there was ever a property to release the bulk of stuff early for because of older collector appeal, it was this one. What are they waiting for?

I know we've seen this distribution nightmare often enough during Star Wars', but at least when a new movie came out, there was plenty of product out there to support it when it first came out.

Maybe I'll be eating my fedora by this time next week when the flood of figures arrives...I can hope so anyway...

Mvader91
05-21-2008, 01:55 AM
Here in Indy we are lucky enough that there are plenty of figs. However Marion is toigh to find as well as Idol Indy.Good luck on your finds soon.

plasticfetish
05-21-2008, 02:35 AM
Maybe I'll be eating my fedora by this time next week when the flood of figures arrives...I can hope so anyway...I think we're seeing a simple matter of supply not meeting demand.

I'll see a big refresh at a store one day, and then the next they're all mostly gone. I think this line has been more popular than they imagined, but yeah, I also think that we'll probably see a flood of figures and then (could be) some serious peg-warming once things have cooled down.

It is weird though how I'll see bunches of one figure (like 8 whip action Indys the other day), and then only one or two of another. I'm still looking for Sallah... haven't seen him once.

Ji'dai
05-21-2008, 04:04 PM
They were 80791, 80731, 80461. Thanks!
80461 = Feb. 15, 2008
80731 = Mar. 13, 2008
80791 = Mar. 19, 2008
Maybe the paint apps are improving. Nearly all the figures I've seen were made between December and February. The Irina Spalko I bought today had perfect eyes and it was dated 80791 (Mar. 19).

Picked up the Cargo Truck and Jungle Cutter at TRU today. I wish they had the Troop Car; it would have made my day to get a third vehicle free.

As far as selection goes locally, things are improving. The two WMs in town rolled out large cube displays with figures and role-play whips this week. TRU has a decent figure selection, but paint apps are frustratingly bad. KM is the biggest disappointment here. The vehicles are tough to find. I was lucky to find the Cargo Truck and Jungle Cutter at lunch today.

There's just a bottleneck at retail - local stores just haven't devoted much aisle space to Indy product. Though the comic book and Speed Racer toys get half the friggin' aisle :sad:

Beast
05-21-2008, 05:44 PM
Yeah, and the Speed Racer toys are a huge bomb at retail.

I don't think the Batman ones are doing all that well either. Other than Joker, who's mostly being picked up by people reselling them on Ebay for crazy money.

So hopefully once stores realize that the Indy stuff is selling gangbusters, they'll try to expand the section. My local Target and Wal-Mart have both expanded a bit.

wmercury
05-21-2008, 08:59 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else has found a Russian Soldier where the star on his hat that was not painted red? I wasn't sure if this was a running error or if I found the one that was done wrong.

Maradona
05-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I received 2 small boxes of Indy figs from HTS today. I had forgotten to cancel some of the preorders I had when I found the figures in stores but wouldn't you know it, each and every one had great paint apps.

I just got a box from them with two of the figures I ordered. Marion is near perfect, but Indy has eyes that are drastically unevenly painted. I think I'll call HTS tomorrow and see if they'll send me another one.

El Chuxter
05-21-2008, 10:11 PM
The Speed Racer figures suck. Only the Hot Wheels are remotely decent. I got the oversized Mach 6 (the one with the sounds, to display with my old Toynami Mach 5--it's not the most detailed piece, but it's the right size), and was disappointed to see there was not a single figure I'd even consider getting to display with it.

Add to the suckitude of the figures the fact that the line is essentially fifty very slightly different takes on the Machs 5 and 6, and the line would be doomed even if the movie was bringing in Iron Man numbers.

DarkArtist
05-22-2008, 06:03 AM
TRU in East Brunswick is having a buy 2 get one free on all Indiana Jones figures. for anyone who wants to army build the soliders or buy some extra figures for customizing now is the time. Not sure if it is all TRU's but it's worth a check.

picked up an extra Russian Solider last night.

TheRealDubya
05-22-2008, 10:34 AM
TRU in East Brunswick is having a buy 2 get one free on all Indiana Jones figures. for anyone who wants to army build the soliders or buy some extra figures for customizing now is the time. Not sure if it is all TRU's but it's worth a check.

picked up an extra Russian Solider last night.

The TFO offer is on their WEBSITE (http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=indiana+jones&kw=indiana+jones&kwCatId=&view=all)too:

sebillba
05-22-2008, 02:51 PM
What a fantastic day! Saw the new movie this morning, which I really enjoyed, then went to TRU, and FINALLY!!! they had the KOTCS figures!! And even better, they were buy 1, get a 2nd half price!! I managed to get the whole set, and to take maximum advantage of the offer, I got an extra Crystal Skull Indy (the best figure of the line so far!). The vehicles were also covered by the same offer, so I picked up the Cargo Truck and Troop Car as well. :D:D:D

The only thing I'm missing now is the German 2-pack, which I've never seen. I've got them on order from play.com, but they keep putting back the order date.... at first, they were due in stock last Friday, then it went to tomorrow, and now it's 6/6! :( I've just added another set to man my new vehicles, but hopefully I'll find them before this date.

Beast
05-22-2008, 03:52 PM
Am I the only one who badly wants a Deluxe Indiana Jones w/ Refrigerator? :D

Ji'dai
05-22-2008, 05:04 PM
I was just wondering if anyone else has found a Russian Soldier where the star on his hat that was not painted red? I wasn't sure if this was a running error or if I found the one that was done wrong. The soldier you found must've flinched during the red star application process. Sloppy paint ops are a common problem with this line. I've seen Russian soldiers with misprinted stars, but at least they all had them.
--
Opened an Irina Spalko last night and was rewarded with two Crystal Skull relics in the crate instead of just one! These skull relics look like Ki-Adi-Mundi's head.

JediTricks
05-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Am I the only one who badly wants a Deluxe Indiana Jones w/ Refrigerator? :DI bet Hasbro wouldn't do it. Remember in the '80s when we had a rash of kids killing themselves in abandoned fridges? Nobody wants to make a toy of that.

figrin bran
05-23-2008, 12:55 AM
Without really knowing the significance of the refrigerator (I won't see the film until tomorrow night), I might want one. Wasn't there a GI Joe RAH knowing is half the battle PSA concerning abandoned refrigerators? If nothing else, I could make a diorama of that :p

El Chuxter
05-23-2008, 12:58 AM
I told Mrs Chux about the refrigerator spoiler today. (She's so down on this movie, she doesn't even want to bother when it comes to cable.) She made a crack about them having to bring back the PSAs and "very special episodes" about abandoned refrigerators.

Mvader91
05-23-2008, 01:54 AM
An Indy w/Frig would be cool. Make sure it has the lead label though. Oh, and make it charred.

Beast
05-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Hasbro updated to show an actual picture of the Crystal Skeleton w/ Throne figure. Can't wait for it to come, it looks pretty damn cool. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
05-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for posting that photo, Beast.

I think I want at least 2 now!

mark2d2
05-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, that mail-away sure looks awesome. The detail on the throne is just dead on accurate, too. Even more excited about this one now, and I was pretty stoked before as I just love the retro appeal of mail-aways. . .

JediTricks
05-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Having seen the movie and now a detailed look at the head, I'm passing on this one. My interest dried up very quickly after seeing that photo.

mark2d2
05-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Having seen the movie and now a detailed look at the head, I'm passing on this one. My interest dried up very quickly after seeing that photo.

Why? I'm curious as I think it looks outstanding. . .

Ji'dai
05-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Thanks for posting that photo, Beast.

I think I want at least 2 now! You're going to need thirteen if you want to recreate that last scene in the Akator Temple! I wonder if the upcoming playset will have a slot especially made for the throne to sit.

evenflow
05-23-2008, 07:43 PM
My hope is to somehow actually get 13. Anyone have extra stickers they want to get rid of :)

Beast
05-23-2008, 08:10 PM
Here's hoping that Hasbro runs the Mail-Away like the old days. And it's just a 'Preview' figure that will eventually be re-released in the figure line at some point. I say do it in the Deluxe sets with the *Cough*, you know. ;)

RUSHBOY
05-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Anyone know if they are going to make a short round action figure , I would really like one of those !!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Anyone know if they are going to make a short round action figure , I would really like one of those !!
Temple of Doom figures are coming in September, and hopefully one will be out then. He's the only character apart from Indiana I want a figure of.

RUSHBOY
05-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Temple of Doom figures are coming in September, and hopefully one will be out then. He's the only character apart from Indiana I want a figure of.
I hope they make the indiana jones in tuxedo figure also that would be sweet !!

Beast
05-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Indiana Jones Hasbro Q&A's are coming in from around the net.

From SSG:

SSG: With the Indiana Jones line's release, this question can no longer be contained... what has happened to the paint quality on the 3.75" figures' eyes over the past few years, both with Star Wars and now with Indy? The overwhelming majority of figures in the Indiana Jones line have big, sloppy whites and oversized pupils - too often also not painted at matching angles or painted looking upwards - which heavily detracts from the headsculpts, and the Star Wars line has been getting there as well. The Star Wars line had been doing much better in this realm up until a few years ago, a perfect example is comparing the Saga Luke Jabba's Palace with the TAC version which uses a modified version of the same head, the '04 Saga figure's eyes are much smaller and more realistic compared to the '07 TAC counterpart's which are bigger and gazing upwards.

Hasbro: We have been working with our principal Star Wars factories for years now and the process is well-honed; for IJ, it was a fast development cycle and a new factory, and overall we are pleased with the results and are fine-tuning the process as we go along. We have had some issues with consistency of paint deco on some figures, but we hope that we have worked through those issues and what you'll be seeing meets your standards. As for Luke, we didn't deliberately spec a new eye deco; it may have been a result in a process change at the factory (sometimes it may be hand-applied, sometimes tampo) that we did not notice.
From TNI:

Indiana Jones Q&A With Hasbro
by Jay in Indiana Jones at 10:24 AM on 2008.05.24

With "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" opening in theaters this weekend, the folks who work on the new Indiana Jone toy line at Hasbro have agreed to do a special Q&A session with us here at TNI in regards to their new toy line hitting shelves now.

TNI: Will we get a Toht figure in the 3 3/4" line, and what are the chances of getting a veriant with a burned off face?

Hasbro: There will be a Toht coming in 2009. You will just have to wait and see whether he has a very cool bonus head in pack..we wouldn't want to ruin any potential surprise. ; )

TNI: Indiana Jones tends to have a lot of religious and political references (i.e., a lot of characters based on members from the Nazi party). For a toy line geared to kids and collectors alike, how difficult has it been to deal with these issues and yet stay true to what these movies are about. I believe it's been said there is not much chance of seeing a Hitler figure in this line yet we have Nazi soldiers. Where do you draw the line, and how do you draw the line for what's appropriate and what's not for a toy line like this?

Hasbro: The figures we have produced are German army figures, which do not necessarily mean that they are Nazis. We will not produce Nazi figures and have removed all political party affiliations and insignia from the uniforms. We can also confirm that there is zero chance of there ever being a Hitler figure in the line - we just would not go there.

TNI: We asked this question awhile back in one of the SW Q&A's but were wondering if there has been any more thought about it. Any chance of seeing some type of Harrison Ford collector pack featuring a Han Solo and Indiana Jones?

Hasbro: We have thought about that, but don't have any plans right now.
From Cool Toy Review:

Hasbro's INDIANA JONES Q&A: The Answers!
Posted by Curto on May 23, 2008 at 05:00 PM CST:

It's finally here! Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull hit theaters this week, and it's a fun-filled thrill-ride adventure of a movie! But the fun doesn't stop there!

As part of Hasbro's bi-weekly Star Wars Q&A session over at Rebelscum, we've been allowed to pass on 3 of your burning Indiana Jones questions! So check out the latest scoop we've got for you this session.

Cool Toy Review: I would very much like to know what unique challenges (if any) were presented when developing the Indiana Jones line as opposed to Star Wars.

Your sculpting and tooling techniques have evolved considerably since 1995 and you've managed to come up with some innovative ways to incorporate incredible articulation and action features while keeping the figure or vehicle as aesthetically pleasing as possible.

Has moving from a fantasy-based line like Star Wars, with all of it's fantastic aliens, creatures and technology to a more earth-bound line like Indiana Jones been an easier or more difficult transition for your team?

Hasbro: Actually there were three big challenges on the Indiana Jones line: the timing, the need to harness the essence of IJ quickly into a line that captured both kids and collectors, and the selection of a new factory to produce our 3-3/4" figures.

The first challenge was due to the sheer surprise and relative lateness of the announcement that George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford were teaming up again to produce IJ IV...and the fact it was on a fast track at that! We learned January of 2007 and met with Lucasfilm soon after. As soon as we had a deal we were off an running, but it left less than a year from start to finish for the first waves, which caused many people a lot of late nights to get us there.

Second, IJ is not as easy on the surface to plan out, because the theme of adventure permeates everything and we needed to add special twists like the relics and "Ticket to Adventure", so it took us a while to really get the full lineup of figures, role play, and other signature items.

Finally, because we have kept our principal Star Wars figure factory pretty much in full production across the board, we elected to go with a new factory and there were some learning issues that we needed to work through, especially when it came time to hitting our exacting standards for detail in all areas of scultping and deco. They have really come on fast though and we love what we are seeing...and hope you do too!

Cool Toy Review: Some of the concepts in the Indy line are great! The Deluxe line with mini playsets or double packs and the dios in the vehicle packaging are cool, and well worth the wait to see a return. Will we see some more concepts in between IJ and SW, such as Deluxe Packs and Comic Packs (Indy and Sasquatch from Star Wars Tales, anyone?) in the Indiana Jones line or Deluxe Packs in the Star Wars line?

Hasbro: We like that Star Wars Tales story ourselves..it would certainly be an interesting one to do. We are looking at IJ comic packs, since there are some great stories that have been produced by Dark Horse and some interesting recurring characters in the Marvel issues that are worth a look.

However, we are not certain when we will get those in. As far as deluxe assortments in Star Wars - you won't see an exact analog at that price point, but there are some surprises in store for Deluxe-like elements here and there in the Battle Packs.

Cool Toy Review: While the new toys are great, and it's awesome to finally get modern versions of Indy toys, some of the figures' paint apps are poor in quality (mostly on figures' faces). Can we hope to see these paint apps corrected for the currently released (and upcoming) figures? It would be greatly appreciated! And speaking of paint apps, will the horse be corrected with a mostly-white paint app?

Hasbro: We have been working with our principal Star Wars factories for years now and the process is well-honed; for IJ, it was a fast development cycle and a new factory, and overall we are pleased with the results and are fine-tuning the process as we go along.

We have had some issues with consistency of paint deco on some figures, but we hope that we have worked through those issues and what you'll be seeing meets your standards. As for the horse, that is the color that we have been directed to hit so we don't see that changing.

Got any burning Indiana Jones questions you need answered straight from the source? If so, post your questions in this thread in our forums, and with any luck, you'll get your answers next time!
From Well Of The Souls:

Questions for May 24th, 2008

Q: For the IJ & KOTCS line, there isn't a Marion Ravenwood figure. The classic ROTLA one is nice, but will there be a KOTCS version?

A: We actually don't have a KotCS Marion figure in the works yet, as there are still some additional figures we'd like to get to first. We're confident with time and the continued interest of kids and collectors that we will someday get to her.

Q: For the Star Wars line, there have been a few George Lucas figures released. Any chance of this continuing in the Indiana Jones line? Any possibility of Steven Spielberg being made as a figure?

A: Right now we will say "no" but you never know what the future could hold.

Q: I've personally been to at least 3 different Targets, 3 different TRUs and 4 different WalMarts, on several occasions after the May 1st street date, and I've found Indiana Jones figures at exactly two of them (both TRU stores FWIW). And I don't mean that the other places had been sold out and had empty pegs, they didn't even have sections or shelf tags for Indiana Jones toys. Any idea what's going on with that? I would have thought that on May 1st everyone would have their selections out in full swing.

A: By now, you probably see IJ at pretty much every store. The reality is that even when we date-stamp the cartons, we still rely on the retail chain's actual changeover teams to get the change done, and that varies by chain, by region, and our own Hasbro field help that sometimes pitches in to help facilitate. So 5/1 was always the start, with the goal of being 90% set going into the weekend.
From Jedi News:

2. The first wave of Indiana Jones figures from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' seem to have taken a step back in terms of sculpt and also paint application. With the great work you're doing on the Star Wars line why is this?

We are working with a new factory on the IJ line, so there are some differences there in the translation from sculpt to tooling, as well as getting used to our exacting standards when it comes to deco. While we were happy with the first wave, each wave has become more dialed in as we go along.
From Raving Toy Maniac:

3. For Indiana Jones, the Indy figures have such a questionable likeness to Harrison Ford, especially compared to Hasbro's Han Solo figures. So we know the scale is not an issue. Given the lead time required to get these to market, can we expect to see better likeness' on upcoming Indiana Jones figures?

Answer: Yes, you will. For the IJ figures, we were reacting to a need to develop a line on a fast timeframe to get to market by 5/1. IJ is also developed at a different factory than SW, so there is a learning aspect there as well. As a result of these, we did not have the chance to make as many adjustments as we'd have liked. This has improved as time has gone on and we are confident you will love the upcoming waves.

Beast
05-24-2008, 05:30 PM
Nice to get a reasonable reason for the wonky paint we've been seeing here and there. A new factory and quick learning curve to be ready for when the movie opened.

So far it looks like the like the Raiders of the Lost Ark wave for 2009 will be...

Colonel Dietrich
Toht

And 2 of the following: German Mechanic, Marion: White Dress, Indiana Jones: German Officer, and Belloq: White Suit.

My guess, we'll get Belloq: White Suit and Marion: White Dress. That way we can recreate either the Tent scene. Or my guess, we'll get another basic Indiana Jones w/ RPG in the wave, to complete the Ark Procession scene.

Ji'dai
05-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Thanks for posting those Q&A's Beast. As far as the paint apps go, Hasbro's answers are pretty consistent with what they were saying after the figures were shown at Toy Fair. I didn't know they used a different factory for the Indy toys. Still, I have high expectations when it comes to quality of sculpt, articulation, and paint deco, especially from a giant like Hasbro. It's not like were getting stuff from Zizzle or some other upstart, this is the nation's number-two toy maker and they practically own the 3-3/4" scale.

I'm glad we'll get Toht, Dietrich, and the Marion, Indy, and Belloq variants. Hopefully we'll get the German Staff Car from the Desert Chase too. I like the figures Hasbro chose to launch the line with though, as many collectors like myself didn't get Ceremonial Belloq, Monkey Man and Streets of Cairo Marion, Indy w/ horse, and the Cargo Truck during the vintage Kenner years. It's great to finally have them after all these long years.

I took a pic of all the new Indiana Jones stuff (http://i28.tinypic.com/2ldhe05.jpg) I've accumulated so far. Check it out!

RUSHBOY
05-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Those indiana jones M&M's are so good !! I also bought a Dr pepper 12 pack of 12 oz cans with Indiana Jones on the box !!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-24-2008, 08:04 PM
That Crystal Skeleton figure looks awesome. Thanks for the pic, Binksy! And I totally agree about an Indy w/ Fridge figure; that would be AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Beast
05-24-2008, 08:40 PM
That Crystal Skeleton figure looks awesome. Thanks for the pic, Binksy! And I totally agree about an Indy w/ Fridge figure; that would be AWESOME. :thumbsup:
I know.

I'd also like to see a Deluxe Spalko (Jumpsuit) w/ Area 51 Crate.

Edit: Apperantly she is wearing a different version of the outfit than she wears later in the film during this scene. It's a jumpsuit instead of a 2-piece. It would be nice if we could get interchangable gloved and ungloved hands for her in the deluxe set, as well as an interchangable head with sunglasses. :whip:

Ji'dai
05-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Does the KotCS Indy with bazooka come with a pistol? I was looking on the figure checklists on the cardbacks and it shows the Indy w/bazooka with a pistol in his hand. I just opened this one didn't see a pistol in the package. I've either lost the gun already or mine didn't come with one. :sad:

figrin bran
05-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Ji'dai, I don't remember that particular figure coming with a pistol.

Maradona
05-26-2008, 12:33 AM
So I spent the past several days army building the German soldiers and motorcycles thanks to TRU...it was like a binge. And it ended, partly because of the end of the sale, partly because I realized the 21st Century/Elite Forces figures are better and more easily available. For years, I've picked up the occasional plane here or helicopter there, but I never had the context to pick up the figures. Indy has now supplied that.

And I tend to think in dioramas, particularly winter themed ones, so I've decided to wait until the Narnia castles go on clearance to buy a few, put them together and make them into a Nazi fortress that Indy is busting out of/into.

Beast
05-26-2008, 10:05 AM
Anyone happen to have the newest Entertainment Earth catalog handy? It features a picture of the Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle deluxe figure. I'll try to get my hands on a scan later if possible. If not, maybe one of you guys can.

Ji'dai
05-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Those indiana jones M&M's are so good !! I also bought a Dr pepper 12 pack of 12 oz cans with Indiana Jones on the box !! Yep, M&M's are my favorite candy, especially peanut. I'm not a Pepper fan myself but I've seen a really cool Indy Dr. Pepper arch display at the local supermarket that I'd love to own.

Ji'dai, I don't remember that particular figure coming with a pistol. Thanks, I think the cardback must be in error. The figure's entry over on Cool Toy Review (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ_IndyRocket.asp) doesn't list a pistol accessory either.

So I spent the past several days army building the German soldiers and motorcycles thanks to TRU...it was like a binge. And it ended, partly because of the end of the sale, partly because I realized the 21st Century/Elite Forces figures are better and more easily available. For years, I've picked up the occasional plane here or helicopter there, but I never had the context to pick up the figures. Indy has now supplied that. So how many did you end up with? I've got two single-carded Germans, 4 German 2-packs, and 4 German w/motorcycle. And I have the Cargo Truck. I still need the Troop Car.

I bought six Russian Soldiers and I think I'll stop there for now. Hasbro may stick that one in a 2-pack, which would be cheaper to army build with.

I've got a few 21st Century German soldiers, both regular Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps, but they are 1/4" taller than the Indy figures. They would still be good for background fillers. I was hoping 21st would make a WWII-era 1:18 motorcycle or even the cargo truck but the trend is toward smaller scales - 1:32, etc. They are re-releasing the Stuka dive-bomber again (like the one in Last Crusade).

Anyone happen to have the newest Entertainment Earth catalog handy? It features a picture of the Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle deluxe figure. I'll try to get my hands on a scan later if possible. If not, maybe one of you guys can. So it is coming. I was beginning to think there might be approval issues involving the Brando estate :whip:

I'd like to have that Duece Coupe from the beginning too.

sebillba
05-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Anyone happen to have the newest Entertainment Earth catalog handy? It features a picture of the Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle deluxe figure. I'll try to get my hands on a scan later if possible. If not, maybe one of you guys can.

I really hope someone can post a scan, I'm looking forward to seeing it. Disappointed he doesn't have the Marlon Brando cap though. :(

Maradona
05-26-2008, 02:09 PM
So how many did you end up with? I've got two single-carded Germans, 4 German 2-packs, and 4 German w/motorcycle. And I have the Cargo Truck. I still need the Troop Car.

I bought six Russian Soldiers and I think I'll stop there for now. Hasbro may stick that one in a 2-pack, which would be cheaper to army build with.

I've got a few 21st Century German soldiers, both regular Wehrmacht and Afrika Korps, but they are 1/4" taller than the Indy figures. They would still be good for background fillers. I was hoping 21st would make a WWII-era 1:18 motorcycle or even the cargo truck but the trend is toward smaller scales - 1:32, etc. They are re-releasing the Stuka dive-bomber again (like the one in Last Crusade).

OK, I ended up with 10 German Soldiers, 6 Motorcycle Deluxe packs, 4 Russians, 2 Dovenchos, 4 Swordsman, and one of each of the others to keep carded, except for Mutt...sorry, but this one is the Jar Jar of the line for me. None of the TRUs I checked (7 of them) had the German 2-packs, so I'll have to wait for HTS to ship that one along with the others I prematurely bought, ignorant of TRU's sale. I have not found any of the vehicles at retail, but ordered the truck from HTS.

I don't mind the slight size difference with 21st Century Toys, I've picked up 4 so far. It makes Indy more of an underdog against them. And the overcoat figures are appropriately menacing. The Target Elite Forces seem much stockier, though, but I do appreciate their accessories.

I've picked up a Starfighter and a few other of their planes over the years, but have yet to open them. Once I've got the Castles, I think I'll park them outside and maybe have Indy trying to steal one.

Hopefully, Hasbro will release the Silver Phantom II Rolls Royce that the Germans give the Egyptian (was he even Egyptian, now that I think of it) leader in Last Crusade.

Wishlist for Hasbro in this line:

Vehicles
Silver Phantom II
Flying Wing
Train Cart (from Last Crusade - if done right, we could by mulitples and be able to connect them AND it had waaay more screen time than the Jungle Cutter)
Mark VIII Tank (LC)
Plane (so much of Indy happens crossing maps with planes that this one seems like a no-brainer - oh, wait...it's Hasbro)

Figures
Indy as a German (ROTLA & LC)
Indy in white tuxedo
Indy as a teacher (with a blackboard - as a teacher this one is going on my desk)
Marion (from the end of Raiders)
Dr. Marcus Brody
Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword

Playsets
Marion's Bar (which Hasbro could retool into a new cantina later)

Beast
05-26-2008, 02:35 PM
I really hope someone can post a scan, I'm looking forward to seeing it. Disappointed he doesn't have the Marlon Brando cap though. :(
Hopefully the hat is removable, and it's simply not photographed with it on.

Beast
05-26-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok, it's not the best pics. But someone over on Scum's forums snagged some pics.

They also snagged some new pics of the Mutt and Monkeyman Indy Muggs. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-27-2008, 12:09 AM
oh man, the expression on the face of the Henry Sr. mighty mugg is pretty hysterical!

And i'm diggin' that deluxe Mutt! nicely done, binksy! :thumbsup:

JediTricks
05-27-2008, 05:32 AM
Why? I'm curious as I think it looks outstanding. . .It looks well-sculpted, but the source material is unappealing, and the previous photo looked more vague, I had been hoping Lucas wouldn't be so blatant about the alien aspect in its design, I don't care for that. Plus, looks like it'll wilt with thin plastic and no articulation.

Nice to get a reasonable reason for the wonky paint we've been seeing here and there. A new factory and quick learning curve to be ready for when the movie opened.That would be all well and good if not for the answer they gave us about both IJ and SW suffering problems around the eye paint which suggests they simply don't see the real problem:
SSG: With the Indiana Jones line's release, this question can no longer be contained... what has happened to the paint quality on the 3.75" figures' eyes over the past few years, both with Star Wars and now with Indy? The overwhelming majority of figures in the Indiana Jones line have big, sloppy whites and oversized pupils - too often also not painted at matching angles or painted looking upwards - which heavily detracts from the headsculpts, and the Star Wars line has been getting there as well. The Star Wars line had been doing much better in this realm up until a few years ago, a perfect example is comparing the Saga Luke Jabba's Palace with the TAC version which uses a modified version of the same head, the '04 Saga figure's eyes are much smaller and more realistic compared to the '07 TAC counterpart's which are bigger and gazing upwards.
Hasbro: We have been working with our principal Star Wars factories for years now and the process is well-honed; for IJ, it was a fast development cycle and a new factory, and overall we are pleased with the results and are fine-tuning the process as we go along. We have had some issues with consistency of paint deco on some figures, but we hope that we have worked through those issues and what you'll be seeing meets your standards. As for Luke, we didn't deliberately spec a new eye deco; it may have been a result in a process change at the factory (sometimes it may be hand-applied, sometimes tampo) that we did not notice.

So far it looks like the like the Raiders of the Lost Ark wave for 2009 will be...

Colonel Dietrich
Toht

And 2 of the following: German Mechanic, Marion: White Dress, Indiana Jones: German Officer, and Belloq: White Suit.

My guess, we'll get Belloq: White Suit and Marion: White Dress. That way we can recreate either the Tent scene. Or my guess, we'll get another basic Indiana Jones w/ RPG in the wave, to complete the Ark Procession scene.Man, Hasbro would be foolish not to release all those figures as 1 wave. Dietrich is really the weakest of the bunch.

Blue2th
05-27-2008, 10:56 AM

I'd like to have that Duece Coupe from the beginning too.
That Stuka they are re-issuing, is pretty cool. It's suppose to be from the guy who destroyed the most tanks. I have the first one, and it's similar (huge)
I thought the Mercedes car was like the 1:18 diecast one I bought (forgot which company) while it is probably the same model this one's a 4-door whereas the one in ROTLA is a 2-door, but it's not too bad for the Indy scene till they come out with a correct one.

Here's some pics:http://forums.sirsteveshttp://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17459&d=1211903670guide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17458&d=1211903670

Beast
05-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Here's a better scan of the Entertainment Earth Catalog Page. :)

Ji'dai
05-28-2008, 07:32 PM
I don't mind the slight size difference with 21st Century Toys, I've picked up 4 so far. It makes Indy more of an underdog against them. They didn't call themselves the Master Race for nothing!
Hopefully, Hasbro will release the Silver Phantom II Rolls Royce that the Germans give the Egyptian (was he even Egyptian, now that I think of it) leader in Last Crusade. He wasn't Egyptian, he was the first and only president of the short-lived Republic of Hatay, a small country on the Mediterranean Sea bordered by Syria to the south and east and Turkey to the north.

I like cars from that era; I'd buy both the Auburn Boat Tail Speedster from the Shanghai chase in ToD and the Silver Phantom from LC. I have the two Shadow movie Kenner vehicles, Lamont Cranston's ride and the Taxi Cab - they'd work with the Indy line too - I'll have to dig them out. The Raven Bar playset would be awesome.
That Stuka they are re-issuing, is pretty cool. It's suppose to be from the guy who destroyed the most tanks. I have the first one, and it's similar (huge). I thought the Mercedes car was like the 1:18 diecast one I bought (forgot which company) while it is probably the same model this one's a 4-door whereas the one in ROTLA is a 2-door, but it's not too bad for the Indy scene till they come out with a correct one. The last Stuka I saw at retail had a desert camo deco. This new one looks like a machine gray. That die-cast Phantom is pretty cool looking. I'd probably buy one too even if it wasn't movie accurate.
Here's a better scan of the Entertainment Earth Catalog Page. :) I'll be getting it though I can't tell if Mutt comes with the Brando cap. I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see Hasbro work knee articulation into the Swordsman/Cairo Thug before releasing them in the 2 pack. The Monkey Man has both knee and ankle articulation, which might foreshadow releasing that figure with soft goods and a motorbike.

sebillba
05-29-2008, 04:46 AM
Well I finally got my German Soldier 2-packs yesterday.... had to cave, and get them from ebay, so had to pay extra shipping, plus risk getting sloppy paint apps..... but they came through looking great, so I'm very happy. I'm now bang up to date, with every basic and deluxe figure, one 12", and even a couple of vehicles. I don't usually get vehicles, nor do I army build, but I just couldn't resist the truck and troop car, so had to get some extra Germans to man them.

Now bring on the LC wave!! :D

JetsAndHeels
05-29-2008, 11:08 AM
Beast, I just got that catalog in the mail today. It's a good issue, not just for IJ stuff but alot of other things too.

I still have not found the deluxe Indy w/trap or a Cemetary Warrior. I am headed out of town in a week or two, perhaps a change of scenery will mean a change in variety for toys.

master J
05-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Not sure if any of you follow the Hasbro Star Wars Q&A (Im sure 99% of you do) but there are two great questions in this batch you can vote for, the cut off is tomorrow! One is on the LC, with Indy and his father on the motorcycle and side car, I would LOVE to know if thats on their agenda. The other is on another Raiders marion figure (Classic white dress).
If you are interested, go vote for questions 9 & 10.

jedibear
05-29-2008, 10:14 PM
Was (way) out of town over the last week and managed to score some more of these great figures...

Spalko and Dovchenko make an intimidating pair. While these versions are pretty cool, I hope we see both in their "American" GI disguises and especially Dovchenko without a hat since he spends a majority of his scenes without one.

I like the sculpts...they're accurate and all, but Spalko's delicate frame makes for a figure that warps easily and doesn't stand too well and Dovchenko's bulky uniform limits his posing ability too, which is more apparent considering he spends most of his screen time fighting.

I've just been getting these figures a few at a time and enjoying them a little more individually than I sometimes do grabbing a huge number all at once. It was nice seeing a whole bunch of them together for a change (although my area actually had some finally when I got back).

Kicking myself for not picking up the Monkey Man and the Russian Soldier while I was out there...they're still "no-shows" around here...

here's a shot of those two Russian heavies menacing the Jones family...

JediTricks
05-30-2008, 01:42 AM
I have the two Shadow movie Kenner vehicles, Lamont Cranston's ride and the Taxi Cab - they'd work with the Indy line too - I'll have to dig them out.I have the Shadow's Mirage car, that thing is so cool. I have it next to the BTAS Batmobile, and the Batman figure in front standing next to The Shadow figure. The Shadow's car is for a 4.5" scale though.

RooJay
05-30-2008, 02:51 AM
Not sure if any of you follow the Hasbro Star Wars Q&A (Im sure 99% of you do) but there are two great questions in this batch you can vote for, the cut off is tomorrow! One is on the LC, with Indy and his father on the motorcycle and side car, I would LOVE to know if thats on their agenda. The other is on another Raiders marion figure (Classic white dress).
If you are interested, go vote for questions 9 & 10.

If you look carefully at the already released German motorcycle, you'll notice a peg hole on the right side and a peg on the underside. Not only are these perfect for affixing a sidecar to the bike, but they seem to me to be fairly obviously intended for just that purpose. I guarantee that a motorcycle with sidecar is coming eventually.

master J
05-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Not to be too picky but the only problem with the current bike is its no where close to the one indy drives in the LC with the side car. I guess hasbro could always do away with the molded blanket and bags on the side and that would probably work, just a quick tweek!
They MUST do this vehicle before the line goes away... which hopefully wont happen for years!!!!

bigbarada
05-30-2008, 02:00 PM
I'm seeing these figures already starting to pegwarm. That section of the store is just piled up with new figures and no one seems to be buying them. Although the crappy paint apps might be partially to blame, since I did see some teenager and his girlfriend going through the figures yesterday and commenting on how horrible they all looked. I think the girl was wanting a Shia figure but thought that the likenesses were just too crappy to waste money on.

I honestly don't foresee this line lasting very long at all.

JetsAndHeels
05-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I finally found an Irina Spalko today. Still no Cemetary Warriors or deluxe Indy's as of yet.

Blue2th
05-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Not to be too picky but the only problem with the current bike is its no where close to the one indy drives in the LC with the side car. I guess hasbro could always do away with the molded blanket and bags on the side and that would probably work, just a quick tweek!
They MUST do this vehicle before the line goes away... which hopefully wont happen for years!!!!

I think they will do the motorcycle w/ sidecar soon. I mean it's perfect for Dr. Jones Sr. and Indy.

Unlike the Last Crusade motorcycle with rider we just got, weren't the motorcycles in the Raiders chase scene a tan "Afrika Corp" color, and was there a sidecar?
I haven't seen it lately and I'm waiting for a boxed set to get all the Indy movies.

jedibear
05-30-2008, 10:08 PM
There's a small picture in the latest Entertainment Earth catalog of the next deluxe wave containing Mutt & his cycle...looks like a re-worked version of the German ride we just got (not that that's a bad thing)...no saddlebags, different fenders, chromed out engine and pipes, black detailing. Looks cool...so I don't see why Hasbro can't re-work this cycle with a sidecar for the LC ride...

Picked up a couple more figures today after work...I am so impressed with what they're doing with these figures so far...got the Cairo Swordsman (what a head sculpt! Very well done), the Ugha warrior (pretty good articulation on what is basically a naked guy with a loincloth) and finally got an opener of the ROTA Indy (with whip-cracking action) that JT likes so much...and it is a petty cool figure.

Some more shots below...

Ji'dai
05-30-2008, 10:17 PM
I have the Shadow's Mirage car, that thing is so cool. I have it next to the BTAS Batmobile, and the Batman figure in front standing next to The Shadow figure. The Shadow's car is for a 4.5" scale though. See, I used to display the Shadow Taxi Cab with my Playmates ST:TNG figures of Picard, Crusher, and Data as seen in the Dixon Hill holo-novel episodes. The figs were dressed in late 1930's attire - Picard and Data in suits and fedoras; Dr. Crusher in blouse and skirt with hat. I was thinking they were in scale with the Indy figures, but they are 4.5" too.

TheDarthVader
05-31-2008, 11:01 AM
How many of you are planning on getting the 12" ark? I am! The picture is on myindyadventure.com. This 12" scale ark looks extremely well done.

sebillba
05-31-2008, 11:09 AM
I'd like to get one, but only have one sticker so far, from Talking Indy. I've not seen any other 12" figures for sale in the UK yet.

K M Toydarian
05-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Broke down this week and picked up a 12" Cairo Swordsman, Talking indy and Mutt. They are on sale for 16.99 til today at Target, so for the Ark, I bit the bullet.

Ji'dai
06-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I'm going to get the 12" Ark. I have the Cairo Indy and German Soldier already and plan on getting the Swordsman. I'll probably get the talking Indy over Mutt since I figure large numbers of Mutt will most likely end up on clearance.

Finally scored the Troop Car today along with another Cargo Truck and a German Soldiers 2-pack. A couple stores I went to this morning no longer had shelf tags for the vehicles.

jedibear
06-01-2008, 03:15 PM
The odd thing about the Mutt figure is...he's pictured on the package WITH the leather jacket that he sports throughout the entire movie but the figure doesn't include it! It's not a bad sculpt of Shia on the figure but...without the jacket, it seems like something's missing.

I've got the talking Indy, will pick up the Cairo Indy, and the forthcoming Dovchenko figure and...I'll wait n' see what else is coming before I pick a fourth one to get the ark...

K M Toydarian
06-01-2008, 04:49 PM
Totally agree Mutt should have come with a jacket. It looks like it's been swiped from the box, as the outfit is so bland and basic. It would have made it a much more appealing figure. Any inexpensive Ken Doll outfit is 100 times better than what Hasbro did for Mutt.
I am hoping for Irena, Marion, or Willie 12", on the GI Jane body.
I am doing the 12" though solely to get the 12" Ark mail away, so 4 is enough for me.

JediTricks
06-01-2008, 07:40 PM
If you look carefully at the already released German motorcycle, you'll notice a peg hole on the right side and a peg on the underside. Not only are these perfect for affixing a sidecar to the bike, but they seem to me to be fairly obviously intended for just that purpose. I guarantee that a motorcycle with sidecar is coming eventually.Yeah, I noticed that immediately when I got the figure, and wrote such in the Q&A we sent in to Hasbro.

Unlike the Last Crusade motorcycle with rider we just got, weren't the motorcycles in the Raiders chase scene a tan "Afrika Corp" color, and was there a sidecar?
I haven't seen it lately and I'm waiting for a boxed set to get all the Indy movies.You are correct, though there's only 1 motorcycle in the scene.

Picked up a couple more figures today after work...I am so impressed with what they're doing with these figures so far...got the Cairo Swordsman (what a head sculpt! Very well done), the Ugha warrior (pretty good articulation on what is basically a naked guy with a loincloth) and finally got an opener of the ROTA Indy (with whip-cracking action) that JT likes so much...and it is a petty cool figure.

Some more shots below...Cool pics, and glad you dig the Cairo Indy fig. I wanted to get the Ugha Warrior fig, basically as a stand-in for a Hovito, but they don't really look that similar, and the Ugha don't do jack squat in the new movie.

See, I used to display the Shadow Taxi Cab with my Playmates ST:TNG figures of Picard, Crusher, and Data as seen in the Dixon Hill holo-novel episodes. The figs were dressed in late 1930's attire - Picard and Data in suits and fedoras; Dr. Crusher in blouse and skirt with hat.That sounds pretty cool, any photos?

I was thinking they were in scale with the Indy figures, but they are 4.5" too.Yup, that was "the" scale of the '90s really.

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2008, 01:34 PM
I don't know if you guys have already seen these pics, but toywiz's website has the next wave of figures up. What they have listed are Indy w/machine gun, Dr. Henry Jones, Dr. Elsa Schneider, Young Indy, Grail Knight, and Colonel Vogel.

Indy (http://www.toywiz.com/ijser3.html)

Beast
06-02-2008, 01:42 PM
I don't know if you guys have already seen these pics, but toywiz's website has the next wave of figures up. What they have listed are Indy w/machine gun, Dr. Henry Jones, Dr. Elsa Schneider, Young Indy, Grail Knight, and Colonel Vogel.

Indy (http://www.toywiz.com/ijser3.html)
Yep, was posted quite a while ago actually. But I can't wait for the wave. :)

JetsAndHeels
06-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Yep, was posted quite a while ago actually. But I can't wait for the wave. :)

My bad...but they look like cool figures.

Ji'dai
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
That sounds pretty cool, any photos? Nah, those toys are in storage right now. I'll dig them out and take some pics.

--

I posted earlier that the Indiana Lottery has an Indiana Jones scratch-off game running right now. There are four tickets total, one for each movie. The RotLA ticket (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=27302) features the scene with Indy swapping the bag of sand for the fertility idol. You scratch off coiled bullwhips and little desert cargo trucks to play the game. I won four bucks on that ticket and finally got around to cashing it in Sunday. This time I got the Last Crusade and KotCS tickets. The Last Crusade game (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=27416) has a shot of Henry and Indy and scratch-off holy grails. The KotCS game (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=27417) shows Indy with a skull on the top and scratch-off crystal skulls on the bottom.

jedibear
06-02-2008, 11:01 PM
More photo fun with Indy...

Picked up the Indy/Ark set over the weekend...really cool!

Jayspawn
06-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Great pics as usual jedibear!

I'm a bit dissapionted that Arab Indy w/ Ark didnt come with a staffpiece accessory. Why would he not?

jedibear
06-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Thanks Jayspawn!

I also was surprised that there are no poles for Indy and Sallah to carry the ark with either, but it still looks good.

Beast
06-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Great pics as usual jedibear!

I'm a bit dissapionted that Arab Indy w/ Ark didnt come with a staffpiece accessory. Why would he not?
Probably because they'll include it when they do a single carded Map Room Indy figure later.

One that has plastic robes instead of soft goods. That way they ensure that people will buy both. ;)

Old Fossil
06-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Probably because they'll include it when they do a single carded Map Room Indy figure later.

One that has plastic robes instead of soft goods. That way they ensure that people will buy both. ;)

Nobody will be buying 'em if they don't start improving their paint apps.:tired:

Ji'dai
06-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Nobody will be buying 'em if they don't start improving their paint apps.:tired: I keep thinking that about the 25th Ann. Joes and people still buy those damn things!

WM.com has the Cargo Truck and Troop Car for order if anyone is still looking for them. I ordered a second Troop Car and used the site-to-store free shipping service. My TRU raised prices on vehicles from $19.99 to $22.99. They had the Cargo Truck and Jungle Cutter today. I haven't seen the Troop Car at retail since the first week of May.

TNI (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13044) has hi-res pics of the Deluxe Mutt w/ motorcycle packaged and loose. No cap and funky sunglasses :dis:

Bike looks good though :yes:

Beast
06-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Some Q&A's with Hasbro are rolling in for the Indiana Jones line.

From Action Figs:

ActionFigs.com: This question comes up quite a bit, so here goes. With the Indiana Jones line, will you be making another deluxe German Motorcycle, one that comes with a sidecar and perhaps Henry Jones sr.? Good way to reuse a few molds and get something new and desired into collectors hands, and it looks like the motorcycle we currently have was designed to accommodate a sidecar.

Hasbro: We do have plans for a sidecar version in 2009, but Henry Jones will be coming on a basic figure card later this year so we wouldn't include him with the motorcycle.

ActionFigs.com: From the Indy line, any plans for more Marion Ravenwood figures such as Marion in white dress, Marion from the bar scene, and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Marion? It'd be a good chance to work on the character's likeness, which the current figure doesn't capture all that well.

Hasbro: We do have plans for another Marion figure - white dress. Like Toht, she was originally to be one of our Vintage wave figures, but when we scrapped the idea both she and Toht became great figures for our first Spring '09 wave. As for other Marions down the road? Quite possibly depending on how the line does long term, but it is our intent to spread the character focus around for 2009 to broadly cover as many characters as we can.
From Cool Toy Review:

Cool Toy Review: Will the Mail-Away Redemption Crystal Skeleton with Throne figure be carded just like(or similar to) the regular retail line of figures, or will it simply be white mailer-boxed?

Hasbro: Neither. It will be sent in a mailer box with crate graphics. It will not be blister carded.
Dan's Note: In fact, this figure's packaging was revealed earlier today.

Cool Toy Review: Is there a chance that we will get the boulder trap from the Chachapoyan temple scene in ROTLA? That would make an awesome playset, or perhaps a "build a playset" series. It's an iconic Indy action scene!

Hasbro: It's just too big to deliver as a playset. We did look at it, and had some cool ideas on how to deliver it, but decided to hold off on it.

Cool Toy Review: After seeing Indy IV, I noticed that most of the Russians (if not all of them) did not wear a garrison cap (or Pilotka as I think they call it) whereas your version of the soldier has one. Since they all wore some sort of newsboy cap in the film, do you plan to release a new version of the soldier with a more movie-accurate headgear (perhaps as a Deluxe 2-pack, like the German soldiers pack)?

Hasbro: That is an interesting idea. We have discussed Russian 2-packs, but not with the brimmed cap. We are still looking at this idea for later in 2009, so there's a good chance it might happen.
From Well of the Souls:

Q: You have indicated a reluctance to create figures from the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" show and movies. Would you consider characters from other IJ media, such as video games or novels? For example, Sophia Hapgood?

A: While Young Indy is a not IJ in our sights, primarily because the figures would have a very tenuous connection to the "core" IJ we all know and love, we are considering other relevant media. Sophia Hapgood is one of our favorite "IJ EU" characters that we would definitely like to produce if/when we get to the comic packs.

Q: Will the indy figure included in the Temple of Doom wave have the missing sleeve and ripped shirt as seen on the rope bridge?

A: Yes he will. We will have the full wave of Temple of Doom figures at Comic Con for everyone to ogle in person (or experience vicariously online as we release our presentation to the sites in attendance).

Q: Was there any particular reason why Toht was left out of the first Raiders of the Lost Ark wave? It seems like you covered most of the vintage figures for new sculpts, but I'm left scratching my head why much lesser characters like Monkey Man and Cairo Thug were created before Toht?

A: Don't scratch too hard. We actually were "saving" Toht for a possible Vintage IJ wave when we made the initial selects for the Raiders wave, so we locked him off. When we decided to put aside the idea of Vintage IJ, he was a natural for the next Raiders wave we planned (early 2009). We're not sure he would have been the right choice though for our first limited Raiders wave - on the surface, the Cairo figures are more natural opponents for IJ to fight with than Toht and a better choice for kid interest.

Ji'dai
06-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Cool Toy Review: Will the Mail-Away Redemption Crystal Skeleton with Throne figure be carded just like(or similar to) the regular retail line of figures, or will it simply be white mailer-boxed?
Hasbro: Neither. It will be sent in a mailer box with crate graphics. It will not be blister carded. Well, they didn't say it wouldn't eventually be released in the regular line. I was going to order at least two, but maybe I'll try to get more. I doubt I'll buy enough to get 13.

Hasbro: We actually were "saving" Toht for a possible Vintage IJ wave when we made the initial selects for the Raiders wave, so we locked him off. When we decided to put aside the idea of Vintage IJ, he was a natural for the next Raiders wave we planned (early 2009). I have a love/hate relationship with the Vintage. I love the retro cards, but I really dislike having to buy 2 of each figure, one to open and one to keep carded. I stopped collecting the SW ones after the original VOTC line. Plus they release the figures later in the basic line. I still have the cardbacks for my vintage Kenner IJ figures, except for Marion.

I spotted the Indiana Jones Kellogg's cereal yesterday. It looks like cocoa puffs with marshmallows.

JediTricks
06-07-2008, 02:56 PM
You know, I was going to get that Mutt w/ Bike set, I thought the sunglasses would hide Shia's stupid face, but now that we see those glasses up close, they're not normal aviators like they should be, they're some weird flip-up goggles. Very lame.

indyjones1981
06-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Has anyone sent in for the 12 inch Ark yet? If so has your checked been cashed yet? I sent mine in on May 2 and they have not cashed it yet.

figrin bran
06-08-2008, 11:48 PM
At least here in the Los Angeles area, Target has lowered their price on Indy basic figs to $6.94.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-08-2008, 11:50 PM
You know, I was going to get that Mutt w/ Bike set, I thought the sunglasses would hide Shia's stupid face, but now that we see those glasses up close, they're not normal aviators like they should be, they're some weird flip-up goggles. Very lame.
Why in God's name would you spend money on an action figure based on a character you hate from a movie you despised?

plasticfetish
06-09-2008, 02:57 AM
they're not normal aviators like they should be, they're some weird flip-up goggles. Very lame.You mean something like this (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1059/619144016_9c21bd287b.jpg)?

Blue2th
06-09-2008, 09:40 AM
You mean something like this (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1059/619144016_9c21bd287b.jpg)?

Hey, I want some of those.

There seems to be a lot of Indy figures on the pegs. I don't know if they are selling so fast that they are resocking them all the time, or pegwarming. I suspect the latter. I mean how many can you buy individually? I've gotten one of each, sometimes two with the Russian and German Soldiers.

I am just hoping the line does good enough so we can get the next wave at least if not more. I'm thinking of ordering them online for fear of never seeing them because retail can't get rid of the overwhelming existing stock.

plasticfetish
06-09-2008, 12:33 PM
There seems to be a lot of Indy figures on the pegs. I don't know if they are selling so fast that they are resocking them all the time, or pegwarming. I suspect the latter.At first I would have said that they're selling, but at this point it seems to be mostly peg warming. I think a lot of places have looked at the initial demand and excitement, and have wrongly assumed that it would continue through the summer.

I saw pegs and pegs and pegs full of untouched Indy figures at Wal*Mart the other day. Most other places have a decent number of figures hanging about... mostly Mutt figures.

Vehicles are scarce though. The only one that I've seen is the Jungle Cutter, and only once at that.

LTBasker
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
Raiders figures seem to sell pretty well here still, the only Indy figures that seem to have slowed down in sales are Crystal Skull figs, and that was only after the movie came out. Even the deluxes are still selling well, especially the Pitfall/Idol trap/Indy&horse/German&cycle assortment - but that's also because it's a little rare around here.

JetsAndHeels
06-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I still have not seen the Indy w/Idol trap figure. I have looked everywhere for it but no luck.

The only deluxes I see around here are the Marion/Cairo guy, Indy w/Ark, and the two pack of soldiers.

But I did find an Irina Spalko and a Cemetary Warrior earlier, so that is progress.

JediTricks
06-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Why in God's name would you spend money on an action figure based on a character you hate from a movie you despised?The bike looks cool.

I didn't despise the movie, I said it I didn't like it, it wasn't very good, a "letdown". And I didn't say I hated Mutt, I said was I don't like Shia but they didn't leave much for the character to do so I just didn't care much either way, he was a non-entity.

You mean something like this (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1059/619144016_9c21bd287b.jpg)?Oh snap, Mutt is wearing Dwayne Wayne glasses! Someone tell Whitley, she's gonna be mad. I think Mutt's have little side shields too.

figrin bran
06-09-2008, 09:49 PM
I still have not seen the Indy w/Idol trap figure. I have looked everywhere for it but no luck.

The only deluxes I see around here are the Marion/Cairo guy, Indy w/Ark, and the two pack of soldiers.

But I did find an Irina Spalko and a Cemetary Warrior earlier, so that is progress.

Interestingly, here in the LA area I've only seen 2 of the Marion/Cairo swordsman packs but plenty upon plenty of the Indy Idol trap set.

RooJay
06-10-2008, 02:00 AM
Of all the stores I frequent, the Indy figures still look to be selling pretty briskly, and they seem to be getting restocked just as quickly. Every weekend when I'm out shopping I notice that there always seems to be a new selection of figures on the pegs at each of the stores.

jedibear
06-15-2008, 09:59 AM
From the Jones men...

Jayspawn
06-19-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm hearing the Last Crusade wave is starting to slowly show up. Elsa, Vogel and Henry have poped up in a few stores apparently.

plasticfetish
06-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Elsa, Vogel and Henry have poped up in a few stores apparently.That's pretty cool. I'm up for a figure of the old man... and then that's probably it for me. Nothing else from this line unless I see them on clearance... or a really good sale.

I almost hate to ask, but any word on how decent the paint is on that Henry Jones figure? (Looks like Grandpa Simpson? ;))

Nurhachi Jones
06-19-2008, 08:16 AM
First comment on this forum, tis a cool site ye have here!

Love the new Indy figures and and slowly building my collection.

Last crusade figures look great!

Love the way Henry Jones Senior comes with all his accessories from the film! I'm a tad disappointed that Vogel is in his desert uniform and not his SS one, but hopefully the line will do well enough so there can be variants. Even with the desert uniform he'll fit in better with the other german soldier figures, so I'm not all that disappointed really :)

RooJay
06-19-2008, 08:45 AM

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the craziness!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-19-2008, 09:25 AM
BBTS e-mailed me and told me that my pre-order for the Indy Last Crusade figures were available. They're a tad pricey, but once you factor in gas these days, it's not too bad.

Still, does anybody have any UPC's for these figures so I can do some detective work on a telezaun (sp?) at wally world?

oh and welcome to the boards, Jones!

Old Fossil
06-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Picked up "Dad" (Henry, Sr.) and the Grail Knight today. I am glad to say that the bad paint apps that plagued the first figures do not seem to be a problem here. The foot peg-holes are deep enough for them to use stands, an issue I have with a lot of Hasbro's SW and IJ figures of late.

Dad is superb, as good a 3 3/4" figure of Connery could be. Thankfully the hat and spectacles come off easily and stay in place fairly well. The darker tints in Connery's beard seem to shine a bit too "golden" IMO but that's just nitpicking on my part. This is the Henry Jones figure I've always wanted!

The Grail Knight is a magnificent figure, though even with decent articulation he is limited in movement by his cloak. Another minor issue is that the scabbard is not a "working" scabbard, so he's gotta hold onto the sword in perpetuity. But the detail is nearly perfect and, again, the paint apps here can hardly be improved.

Now, as far as I can tell, my small IJ collection is done.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Picked up "Dad" (Henry, Sr.) and the Grail Knight today. I am glad to say that the bad paint apps that plagued the first figures do not seem to be a problem here. The foot peg-holes are deep enough for them to use stands, an issue I have with a lot of Hasbro's SW and IJ figures of late.

Dad is superb, as good a 3 3/4" figure of Connery could be. Thankfully the hat and spectacles come off easily and stay in place fairly well. The darker tints in Connery's beard seem to shine a bit too "golden" IMO but that's just nitpicking on my part. This is the Henry Jones figure I've always wanted!

The Grail Knight is a magnificent figure, though even with decent articulation he is limited in movement by his cloak. Another minor issue is that the scabbard is not a "working" scabbard, so he's gotta hold onto the sword in perpetuity. But the detail is nearly perfect and, again, the paint apps here can hardly be improved.

Now, as far as I can tell, my small IJ collection is done.:thumbsup:

Good finds, OF! could you post the full UPC's of the figures?!?! thanks! :thumbsup:

jedibear
06-21-2008, 09:53 AM

Love the new Indy figures and and slowly building my collection.

Last crusade figures look great!

Welcome Nurhachi Jones!

Yes, this is turning out to be a good collection and this LC looks good. While I'm awaiting the chance to get 'm all, the Grail Knight looks the coolest here to me.

And hey everybody! Don't forget to tell us WHERE you get your new finds please....

Beast
06-21-2008, 12:08 PM
The Q&As with Hasbro are starting to roll in. Here's Action Figs.

ActionFigs.com: What are the chances of getting stands or bases for the Indiana Jones figures, maybe as HasbroToyShop exclusives? Some of the figures (seems most notably the ones from KOTCS) have a hard time standing on their own without a lot of futzing.
Hasbro: Stands will be produced and included for all of the new 2009 IJ figures. We will look for a way to make additional stands available to fans if we can.

ActionFigs.com: Regarding the Indy line, photos have surfaced from Entertainment Earth of the Deluxe Mutt Williams w/ Motorcycle. The figure appears to come with sculpted-on sunglasses (which he never wore) yet without the hat that Mutt wore in the film. Will the actual production Deluxe set come with the hat? Was the figure based on film-inaccurate production stills or something similar?
Hasbro: The figure was based on the reference that was available to us at the time.

ActionFigs.com: Now that Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull has opened, some fans would like a full compliment of 13 Crystal Skeletons w/ thrones. Will we ever see the Skeleton w/ throne offered at mass retail, once the mail-in offer ends? Perhaps in a Deluxe 2-Pack, maybe with another army builder such as the Russian Soldier also from KotCS?
Hasbro: We will not be offering the crystal skeleton at retail. It is strictly confined to the mail-in offer.

And from Well Of The Souls:

Q: You have indicated plans for one wave from each movie for this year. Will future waves in 09 (and beyond) continue to be broken down by movie or will there be a mixture? Which brings me to another point: there seems to be some concern about the actual "longevity" of this Indy line. I'm sure that you would like to have at least 1 Indy figure in every wave that gets released, regardless of movie theme or even if it branched out into EU territory like books/comics/video games/etc. Indy would still have to be the "anchor" of the wave. However, Indy is pretty much a one trick pony, as he simply wears the same classic jacket/fedora in every appearance, with only a few minor changes every now and then. How many times can you expect to keep putting out basically the same Indy figure wave after wave, or do you have something in mind that will change it up? And please, no more action features! How many waves do you see this line achieving before you start to run out of characte rs and have to really start scraping the bottom of the barrel? Unfortunately this isn't a franchise like Star Wars or G I Joe that has literally hundreds of characters.

A: You are right on all counts. We do look to keep the waves themed, but at some point they will start to get pretty thin and cater to just collectors unless we keep the Indy figures (and also Mutt) active. There are still some great Indy figures to do, although none as iconic perhaps as the classic ones we have done first, so we will continue to make sure that those versions are carried forward in future waves since this is the version that kids will continue to want. There are a suprisingly strong number of supporting characters and troop-builder types to be able to draw from that collectors will appreciate, but the line will only be able to continue as long as we are able to get a strong numerical base of collectors and retain kid interest from the KotCS movie and DVD and other forms of IJ entertainment. We're still figuring that all out, but we're optimistic that we'll have a great 2009 as well with Indy. Beyond that, it's a little early to speculate.

Q: Question about the pegholes in the feet... they seem to be around the same size as the Star Wars/GI Joe pegs, but yet those stands don't seem to fit in there. Why the change in size? And do you plan to release some kind of stands for these? Along those same lines, can collectors expect some kind of protective cases eventually?

A: Some of the IJ figures had unintentionally shallow foot peg holes, so they did not fit on Star Wars figure stands (this happens occasionally with Star Wars figures as well, but sometimes these things just slip through the checks). This should be updated in the figures as a running change so they would all be able to fit, and we can confirm that the latest waves are being created with the deeper peg hole. Stands are in the works as a replacement for the relics in 2009. We have no plans to do collectible cases for the IJ basic figures, since the number we have to produce is simply too great to justify for IJ.

Q: With 4 waves of figures confirmed for 2008, do you have anything else coming out this year? Any other surprises in store? And how many figures can we expect year to year? Also, do you have plans to stagger the Indy and Star Wars releases somewhat, since a lot of people who buy one line will buy the other?

A: There should be about 28 basic figures out this year through Wave 4. While we are trying to get new figures out as fast as we can, they won't be ready until 2009. As for surprises? There will be a couple of announcements at Comic-Con International for new items and hopefully we'll be able to show a sneak peak to 2009. We haven't really tried to stagger Star Wars and IJ for the back half of the year since beyond the first waves, schedules can be an imprecise science!

And from Cool Toy Review:

Cool Toy Review: Checking out the SDCC exclusive Cobra Commander for G.I. Joe, the body looks suspiciously like the outfit worn by Donovan at the end of The Last Crusade. Is this in fact a sneak peek at this potential figure?

Hasbro: Sharp, sharp observation! Indeed it is, indeed it is. We have negotiated the first three way figure trade in the history of toy lines, loaning Donovan's body to the GI Joe team, who sent the Crystal Ball tooling to Star Wars to become Talon Karrde, and who in turn sent real Stormtroopers to Indy to replace the bumbling German ones. OK, we kid about the last two. Anyway - great catch!

Cool Toy Review: Will the hidden relics hidden inside the crates continue on into 2009? We love the added element of both the relic itself, and the crate it comes in is a nice way to build up Area 51 scenes.

Hasbro: The relics will end with Wave 4 this year, and will be replaced by figure bases for all of the new figures in 2009.

Cool Toy Review: For the Ultra Titanium Series fans: will Indy take a risk on die-cast vehicles in this scale?

Hasbro: We will not be developing any Ultra vehicles for IJ. We suspect that the IJ line will not have quite as many followers as the pretty expansive Star Wars Titanium line, who in turn were not enough to sustain the very expensive Ultra line. So we'll just concentrate on the main assortment.

Blue2th
06-21-2008, 12:36 PM
And hey everybody! Don't forget to tell us WHERE you get your new finds please....
Found Colonel Vogel, Elsa Schneider, Young Indy, and the Grail Knight yesterday at Walmart.

Beast
06-21-2008, 12:37 PM
From TNI:

TNI: Will there be a Indiana Jones figure in civi prof clothes released for the 3 3/4" line?

Hasbro: We actually have not slotted that one into the line yet, but there are several more tantalizing IJ figures to come in 2009.

TNI: Any chance of doing 6" Indiana Jones figures in the future?

Hasbro: We have no plans to go to this format. Perhaps if there are additional movies in Indy's future we would look to this scale, but for now we are sticking with the scales that we have already uncorked.

TNI: We've seen Temple Of Doom Adventure Heroes, when can we expect to see 3 3/4" ones?

Hasbro: The 3-3/4" ToD assortment will be on shelves in approximately late September. It's a great wave, and details will be shown at Comic-Con International.

From Indiana Jones Collector:

IndianaJonesCollectors: I know they originally said that the Last Crusade figures were due out in July, but now everywhere I look, it sounds like they'll be out sometime in June? When should we start to look for these on the pegs?

Hasbro: The exact date a wave arrives at retail is always tricky to pin down since when we forecast dates we allow time for shipment and dissemination from retail distribution centers in sizeable quantities. It's always possible that some retailers can get a small quantity out faster, and figures could start showing up by the end of the months. Based on our latest schedules they are on the water and due to land any day now in the States, and will find their way to retail in the next few weeks.

IJC: Well now that I have all of the 12" figures that are out, I'm anxiously awaiting the new batch!!! I know that Dovchenko will be released from KOTCS, but can you fill us in on what is next in the 12" line? I would love to see:

RAIDERS: Sallah, Belloq, Katanga, German mechanic
TEMPLE: Mola Ram, Chether Lal, Indy in tux, Thugee, Lao Che
CRUSADE: Henry Jones, Sr., Indy, Walter Donovan, Grail Knight
KOTCS: Irina Spalko, Mac, Ugha Warrior, Crystal Skeleton

Any scoop? Preview Pics? Updates?

H: More goodness awaits for those who are patient! At least four of those are planned by ealy 2009, so hang in there. More details will be revealed at Comic-Con International.

IJC: We've heard talks of Indiana Jones Battle Packs. Which movies and or scenes will be represented in the battle packs? Will they be just standard figure battle packs, or can we expect other accessories like we see with some of the Star Wars Battle Packs. Opening of the Ark Battle Pack with Ark ghosts would be way cool!

H: Details on the initial Battle Packs, which will be retailer exclusives, will be revealed at Comic-Con International. Like our first Star Wars Battle Packs, the IJ Battle Packs will start out with primarily existing character decos, delivered in a combination that makes a complete play pattern for kids and kids alike.

From The Private Universe:

Q2. Have you considered the opening scene in the Temple of Doom, for a possible 2009 wave? I think a Tux Indy, Lao Che and his sons and Willie in her performance outfit would fit in great with this fantastic line! Just curious if this is on your radar.

A2. Those are indeed great selections and very close to what we are planning for a 2009 Temple of Doom wave. More details will come later in the year!

Nurhachi Jones
06-21-2008, 01:51 PM
just wondering...what is a UPC?

LTBasker
06-21-2008, 06:43 PM
Found Crusade Indy today, there were three yet no one else from the wave, and all three Crusade Indys were kind of damaged.

Grabbed an extra Whipping Indy and an opener of Grenade Launcher Indy in order to swap heads so I could have a decent non-jacketed Indy to put with the Cairo Swordsman, I can't believe that they both have such extremely different sized ball joints at the neck/head connection, that was pretty disappointing.

At the very least though, the second Whipping Indy's right arm is tight enough at the elbow that he can hold his gun up, my first one has quite a floppy arm. So, I just gave him the bag and coiled up plastic whip from Grenade Launcher Indy to "complete" his look.

Old Fossil
06-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Good finds, OF! could you post the full UPC's of the figures?!?! thanks! :thumbsup:

Better late than never...

Dr. Henry Jones: 653569316152

Grail Knight: 653569316220

Hope that's what you need and sorry for the delay, JMG. Had to dig 'em back out of the garbage. Anyway, the #'s may have an extra # at the beginning and the end; I wasn't sure if you needed all 12 digits or just 10.

Hope it helps. Oh, and I found 'em at Wal-Mart.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-21-2008, 10:49 PM
Better late than never...

Dr. Henry Jones: 653569316152

Grail Knight: 653569316220

Hope that's what you need and sorry for the delay, JMG. Had to dig 'em back out of the garbage. Anyway, the #'s may have an extra # at the beginning and the end; I wasn't sure if you needed all 12 digits or just 10.

Hope it helps. Oh, and I found 'em at Wal-Mart.

Many MANY THANKS! I'll jot these down and look them up at work (wally world) on monday when I have some time to kill. My buddy who is the toy department manager said he'd try to order them for me. score! thanks again! :thumbsup:

jedibear
06-21-2008, 11:46 PM
Thanks to all of the intrepid reporters who posted the various Q&As for the week. Sounds like some more IJ goodness in store. Liking the stands idea a lot...hope they are "enviroment" style and not just basic blocks or something.

Here's another potential question for the team next time...

While the relics have been fun and will be missed next year, any chance of including broken down (flat) crates in the figure packaging so collectors (and kids) can continue building up their Area 51 displays?

Nurhachi Jones
06-22-2008, 10:11 AM
flattened crates idea is a good one! Relics are really cool in the Indy line!

trying to build up my Russian and Desert korps army but having troubl finding them. Looking at 21st century and xtreme detail but trying to find as many such online stores and manufacturers as possible, to build a kind of mongrel army for Dr.Jones

any suggestions?

Old Fossil
06-22-2008, 12:42 PM
just wondering...what is a UPC?

It's the number beneath the barcode on retail items that are scanned at a register. UPC may mean "Universal Product Code."

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

Old Fossil
06-22-2008, 12:47 PM
I take back what I said about paint apps on the LC wave.

I was able to go back later and give the Col. Vogel and Elsa Schneider figs a better look. Vogel's grey hair paint looks smeared onto the side of his head. Elsa is a little better, though they went too heavy on the makeup, making her look like an Austrian... working girl. The end result is still better than any single carded Marian figure I've seen.

There were only 1 example of each, though, and the 2 LC Indy's I examined looked pretty good, although the tie on 1 of them looked a little off.

I held off on buying any of those three, though I may still pick up one of the better LC Indy's at some point.

Blue2th
06-22-2008, 04:38 PM
I tend to look at the eyes first. I didn't really notice anything bad except Young Indy on the two figures that I saw, he looked like he was looking up. I just figured it was the way he was supposed to be so I bought one.
When I see more of them then I'll know if that was a mistake.

Jayspawn
06-23-2008, 09:00 PM
I tend to look at the eyes first. I didn't really notice anything bad except Young Indy on the two figures that I saw, he looked like he was looking up. I just figured it was the way he was supposed to be so I bought one.
When I see more of them then I'll know if that was a mistake.

I look at the paint apps on the eyes also. Then I look over the hairline 2nd.

I'm most excited about Henry.

Blue2th
06-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I look at the paint apps on the eyes also. Then I look over the hairline 2nd.

I'm most excited about Henry.

I suppose that would be next for me as well.

Henry Sr. is still the only one I haven't found yet. :(

RooJay
06-24-2008, 02:53 AM
Cool Toy Review: Checking out the SDCC exclusive Cobra Commander for G.I. Joe, the body looks suspiciously like the outfit worn by Donovan at the end of The Last Crusade. Is this in fact a sneak peek at this potential figure?

Hasbro: Sharp, sharp observation! Indeed it is, indeed it is. We have negotiated the first three way figure trade in the history of toy lines, loaning Donovan's body to the GI Joe team, who sent the Crystal Ball tooling to Star Wars to become Talon Karrde, and who in turn sent real Stormtroopers to Indy to replace the bumbling German ones. OK, we kid about the last two. Anyway - great catch!The Q&As with Hasbro are starting to roll in. Here's Action Figs.

So I'm wondering...does this mean that the SDCC Cobra Commander will be dwarfed by the rest of the Joe figures (and all the other versions of that character as well), or will the Donovan figure tower over all the other Indiana Jones figures? The two lines are technically not even in the same scale. It'd be the equivalent of having a 5.5' tall Cobra Commander surrounded by 6' tall Cobra Troops, or having a 6.5' tall Donovan dwarfing a 6' Indy.

El Chuxter
06-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Damn! Before I realized it was partly a joke, I thought this was confirmation of a resculpt of one of the greatest pegwarmers EVER.

Even Stephen King couldn't make Crystal Ball sell.

Blue2th
06-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Temple of Doom figures: http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/6-08/indy_wv4_tod.jpg

JediTricks
06-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Oh snap, that's a good looking wave. Not sure about the likeness and knees on Shorty though.

sebillba
06-25-2008, 12:56 AM
Another great wave, I'm so excited about this line! I was hoping Shorty might come with the Indy voodoo doll (as the Adventure Heroes version does), but awesome Mola Ram has a flaming heart! Short Round and Willie are my least favourite characters in the whole series (sorry, but they're both really annoying!), but I still want the figures, and the three Thuggee Temple figures look fantastic! Shame there's no pic of Indy yet.

sebillba
06-25-2008, 05:51 AM
Forgot to say..... no accessories shown for Willie yet - seeing as this outfit will double up for Thuggee Temple scene as well as Pankot Palace, I hope she comes with chilled monkey brains accessory!!!

Beast
06-25-2008, 07:16 AM
That is a great wave. Willie, Short Round, and Mola Ram look great. I wish they would have included the Temple Priest instead of the basic Thugee though. That's yet another figure that was done first in the Adventure Heroes line. Along with the Hovitos, Ark Ghost, German Mechanic, and Army Uniform Dovchenko.

Also, the nature of the second Cargo Truck UPC code has been revealed.
We're getting a second version of it, this time with a fabric canopy.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Indiana_Jones_Cargo_Truck_II_115574.asp

sebillba
06-25-2008, 07:23 AM
That is a great wave. Willie, Short Round, and Mola Ram look great. I wish they would have included the Temple Priest instead of the basic Thugee though. That's yet another figure that was done first in the Adventure Heroes line. Along with the Hovitos, Ark Ghost, and Army Uniform Dovchenko.

And don't forget the German Mechanic!!

Blue2th
06-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Also, the nature of the second Cargo Truck UPC code has been revealed.
We're getting a second version of it, this time with a fabric canopy.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbro_Indiana_Jones_Cargo_Truck_II_115574.asp

Don't know if this one really matters that much to me. The fabric top is cool, but not movie accurate. No windows. The other one at least has the outlines for them on the plastic tarp.
Did they clean up this version? seems to have no dirt on it at all. Kinda odd with olive green wheels and a gray body.

Old Fossil
06-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Is that supposed to be the truck that Indy thought Marian was in, and that blew up?

Blue2th
06-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Is that supposed to be the truck that Indy thought Marian was in, and that blew up?
It would have to be huh? With the henchman on the box firing his gun.
Too bad we can't get Marion in a huge basket.

JediTricks
06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
I was going to say the same thing, except I'd have spelled her name right, as "Marion". ;) But yeah, that's got to be what they're going for.

The fabric looks alright, nothing stellar, but they did sew handle loops onto it in place of the nifty handholds molded into the plastic version. All I really want from the truck though is a breakaway windshield.

figrin bran
06-25-2008, 10:05 PM
I have not seen any of the LC wave yet here in Los Angeles and in the meantime, my enthusiasm for the line has diminished considerably. However, that ToD wave is definitely worth waiting for!

Maradona
06-25-2008, 10:29 PM
I have not seen any of the LC wave yet here in Los Angeles and in the meantime, my enthusiasm for the line has diminished considerably. However, that ToD wave is definitely worth waiting for!

I feel the same way. I found the Grail Knight and Indy with the sub machine gun at Azusa WM, but passed. I bought all the figures during the TRU sale and was very excited about buying a bunch of WWII stuff for a diorama. Since the buying part of that is done, I sort of lost interest in more purchases. I might still pick them up, eventually, but for now...

El Chuxter
06-26-2008, 01:54 PM
I love how the Short Round figure comes with the greatest accessory of all: unimaginable coolness.

sebillba
06-26-2008, 03:21 PM
Updates pic of TOD wave, now including torn sleeve Indy:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS15554&mode=retail&picture=out

sebillba
06-27-2008, 12:38 AM
High res pics of wave 4, including relics:

http://indianajonescollectors.com/

Beast
06-27-2008, 07:23 AM
The wave looks really good.

I still wish we were getting Club Obi-Wan Tux Indy and Willie though.

sebillba
06-27-2008, 08:46 AM
I'm sure we'll get them next year.... one of the Q&A sessions said the next TOD wave would be Club Obi-Wan themed.

JediTricks
06-28-2008, 05:20 PM
The sculpt on Willie looks pretty accurate. Unfortuantely, Indy and Shorty's sculpts look like they just gave up on trying to make them match.

What is that thing embedded in Indy's upper left leg?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-28-2008, 10:17 PM
I love how the Short Round figure comes with the greatest accessory of all: unimaginable coolness.
Agreed. When I run into Target to buy him, I might be so excited and fast that break through the windows, at which time someone will hopefully say "Wow! Crash landing!!!" :D

Really, though . . . what's on his back/neck? And that "N" on his hat is lame, probably some copyright violation bull****.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Really, though . . . what's on his back/neck? And that "N" on his hat is lame, probably some copyright violation bull****.

Yeah, that's easily gonna be a copyright issue; more than likely, the Yanks wanted to be paid for it and Hasbro told them to go to hell.

Frankly, the lack of a Yankees hat makes me like Short Round even MORE actually. hehehehe :thumbsup:

sebillba
06-29-2008, 03:43 AM
What is that thing embedded in Indy's upper left leg?

It looks like a pouch, but if you look at it long and hard enough, you can see it's actually a rip in his trousers..... it should be on his knee, but sculpted higher so as not to affect the articulation.

DarkArtist
06-29-2008, 09:58 AM
I picked up Last Crusade Indy since he was the only one left on the pegs yesterday, all I can say I am major disappointed in this version of Induy, once you take the rubberband holding the machine gun to Indy's hand he can hold the gun anymore. The hand is too huge to hold it.

JediTricks
06-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Agreed. When I run into Target to buy him, I might be so excited and fast that break through the windows, at which time someone will hopefully say "Wow! Crash landing!!!" :D"NO! WRONG! It's 'cwash wanding!' Say it again, say it cuter!" - Steven Spielberg, circa 1983 ;)

Really, though . . . what's on his back/neck? And that "N" on his hat is lame, probably some copyright violation bull****.His back has their gear, the wrapped up jacket and bullwhip, and somehow I guess the little booger got it wrapped around his neck. Weird.

That "N" is so stupid it's embarrassing.

And when did Shorty use a torch that was half his body length?

It looks like a pouch, but if you look at it long and hard enough, you can see it's actually a rip in his trousers..... it should be on his knee, but sculpted higher so as not to affect the articulation.I thought the same thing (except the "trousers" part, I never think that word), but it cuts into the leg itself, it's like embedded into his leg, it's totally bizarre.

Old Fossil
06-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Doesn't matter, we'll probably never see the ToD wave. I've been to no less than 3 WM's, 1 TRU, and 1 Target in the past week and they're all full to the brim of RotLA and KotCS waves. They'll never move all that product.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-29-2008, 07:12 PM
His back has their gear, the wrapped up jacket and bullwhip, and somehow I guess the little booger got it wrapped around his neck. Weird.
Oh, it's probably supposed to go over his shoulder but the photographer or someone messed it up.

On a similar note, why would Mola Ram have the monkey head cup? My guess is it actually comes with Willie but it was put in the wrong picture.

sebillba
06-30-2008, 12:37 AM
On a similar note, why would Mola Ram have the monkey head cup?

He doesn't - that's the Chalice of Kali.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-30-2008, 01:04 PM
He doesn't - that's the Chalice of Kali.
Oh. Well, it looks like the monkey head. :D

JediTricks
06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Oh. Well, it looks like the monkey head. :D
Really? To me it immediately looked like the thing that poured the blood of Kali into Indy's mouth.

So, uh... no Sankara Stone accessories?

Maradona
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
So, uh... no Sankara Stone accessories?

I have some extra of the Sankara relics from the German Soldiers, if you are in need. They are not all the same. A few were darker than the others.

JediTricks
07-01-2008, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the offer, but I was hoping to get some that were in scale to the figures.

Old Fossil
07-01-2008, 06:42 PM
The Last Crusade wave is in stock on HTS.:thumbsup:

Blue2th
07-01-2008, 08:27 PM

I got there, put Henry Jones Sr. in my cart (the only one I was missing) looked for something else because shipping was too high for one item, by the time I was ready to check out, he was out of stock. :hurt:

Oh well thanks for the heads up anyways. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Saw the IJ Titanium Series vehicles today, specifically:
ROTLA Cargo Truck
LC Biplane
LC Motorcycle w/sidecar
LC Mark VII Tank
KOTCS Mutt's Harley
KOTCS Jungle Cutter

All come with the same flat dirt base, on the front is a black painted IJ logo with painted letters. Picked up the Tank, Motorcycle with sidecar, and Cargo Truck.That's wave 2 apparently, as Mutt isn't in wave 1, so I guess I missed the Rocket Sled (no big loss) and Flying Wing (noooooo!!!!!) as well. Packaging is on-par for Titaniums, the front has artwork themed around the vehicle, the back has a bio and vehicle line art (the bio and line art are in IJ style though, thankfully).

The tank has really cheesy wheels under the body, between the treads, the main body is metal but the treads and sides are plastic, so it seems like this is more plastic than it actually is. Paint is a little sloppy but generally decent. The side guns pivot like in the movie, and the turret rotates on top. The main gun is a bit smaller than I remember it. It's a B or C entry I suppose, I like it, don't love it.

The motorcycle seems pretty accurate, and both Indy and Henry are removable, they even bothered to paint their faces (neither of which we usually get on the minifigs with the SW Titaniums). The bike is very nice and accurate, the tires rubber, the front end steerable. The sidecar is glued on but that's ok. The paint is a little different green than I would have chosen, but it's not that far off; they were a little dubious in their choice of weathering in some spots but not others. This one is mostly metal. A good entry.

The Cargo Truck has only 2 faults, the color is too green, and the windshield is solid black for no apparent reason. Otherwise, this is spot on, and the dangling Indy is very cute (though I suppose his white string should be brown). All the wheels turn (take that, Clone Turbo Tank!) and the canopy is removable - no idea why Hasbro has a love for that "gimmick". Inside the canopy is the Ark's cargo crate, it's sculpted to the floor but painted, very slick - they have a plastic tray in there so the canopy won't crush I guess, it fell out and I didn't know WHAT it was till I tracked it down. A good amount of metal as well, and another fine entry.

figrin bran
07-02-2008, 12:22 AM

Thanks for the news! That should mean that the LC figures I've preordered should be shipping soon?

defiant00
07-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Man, it seems like everyone has found the LC wave but me! I've been to a TrU, three Targets, and a WM, and found pegs still full of W1 figures. Have they just not made it to SW FL yet?

I hope the stores aren't sitting on the cases in the back waiting for the first wave to sell out...

JediTricks
07-03-2008, 03:31 AM
I haven't found the LC wave either, and it's been quite frustrating.

sebillba
07-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Got the whole LC wave today!! :D I found an awesome online seller in the UK, with good prices, fast shipping, and the guy even picked out the best paint apps for me!! He'll definitely get a lot of future business from me.... in fact, I've already pre-ordered the TOD wave from him!

Ji'dai
07-03-2008, 04:54 PM
I assumed I wouldn't see any new basic figures stocked in long time since IJ pegs are packed here, but I made some rounds today and found Indy, Young Indy, Elsa, and Col. Vogel from the LC wave. This was after hitting one Kmart, one TRU, and seven Wal-Marts. The WMs had the goods; they probably put them out in the last couple of days.

Paint apps are still sucky. The Young Indy I got is pretty good but Elsa, Indy and Vogel have some sloppy facial paint. The eyes & hair are the first thing I check, and I think this wave is much improved in those areas compared to the Raiders and KotCS waves.

Hopefully I'll be able to find Henry and the Grail Knight. I think I'll pre-order the TOD wave from HTS even though I loathe to order figs online. I'm tired of driving around looking for these things though.

Oh, and I finally dug out my Kenner "The Shadow" Thunder Cab and Playmates figures Capt. Picard, Data, and Crusher in 1940s attire and took a couple of shots:
"Make it so (http://i30.tinypic.com/2r5c5fc.jpg)."
"Engage (http://i30.tinypic.com/9zluh0.jpg)!"
I was thinking these toys were in the same scale as the Indy line, but they tower over him.

Ji'dai
07-03-2008, 09:09 PM
I forgot to mention that prices are going up again at some of my area WMs. Adventure Heroes are now $6.88 and Deluxe are over $10. Star Wars basic figures are $6.97 at some stores!

HTS (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=869&SBR=667) has the Last Crusade wave in stock. I placed an order for 2 Henry's and 2 Knights. Use code SPRREQ8 for 10% off. EDIT: looks like Henry is out of stock again.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-03-2008, 10:40 PM
I found some remnants of the LC wave on a massive toy hunt around Dayton on Sunday night. Found Young Indy, regular Indy, Vogel (damaged package) and a few Grail Knights, one for myself and one for my dad. Basically, if you know of a WM that seems to be low on Indy figures, keep your eyes on it as they'll get in new product. My WM store isn't selling the figures as quickly as they were in past weeks and as a result, no new product. I'll keep to hunting for Elsa, Henry Sr. and a non damaged Vogel.

Is HTS better on S&H these days? I remember when their shipping took FOREVER and that always irritates me. HH! :thumbsup:

Blue2th
07-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Every Walmart I go to is stacked to the edge with the first wave. I think a lot of this is because they took their Indy islands out of the isle, and put those figures on the pegs. They don't seem to be moving.

I hope that Target didn't order an over abundance of cases, and will start stocking the Last Crusade figures. They seem to be getting a little thin on the Indy figures, which could be a good sign.

JediTricks
07-04-2008, 03:30 PM
I assumed I wouldn't see any new basic figures stocked in long time since IJ pegs are packed here, but I made some rounds today and found Indy, Young Indy, Elsa, and Col. Vogel from the LC wave. This was after hitting one Kmart, one TRU, and seven Wal-Marts. The WMs had the goods; they probably put them out in the last couple of days.

Paint apps are still sucky. The Young Indy I got is pretty good but Elsa, Indy and Vogel have some sloppy facial paint. The eyes & hair are the first thing I check, and I think this wave is much improved in those areas compared to the Raiders and KotCS waves.

Hopefully I'll be able to find Henry and the Grail Knight. I think I'll pre-order the TOD wave from HTS even though I loathe to order figs online. I'm tired of driving around looking for these things though.

Oh, and I finally dug out my Kenner "The Shadow" Thunder Cab and Playmates figures Capt. Picard, Data, and Crusher in 1940s attire and took a couple of shots:
"Make it so (http://i30.tinypic.com/2r5c5fc.jpg)."
"Engage (http://i30.tinypic.com/9zluh0.jpg)!"
I was thinking these toys were in the same scale as the Indy line, but they tower over him.
Cool pics, though Indy looks way out of place there. And I had no idea how stupid of a facial expression Playmates gave poor Beverly.

Ji'dai
07-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Is HTS better on S&H these days? I remember when their shipping took FOREVER and that always irritates me. HH! :thumbsup: I dunno, this is the first time I've ordered from them. It says the stuff will ship within 4-6 days. Though there will likely be a delay due to the holiday. With the discount code I used, shipping only cost $1.37. Basic Indy figure prices on HTS are 5 cents higher than my local WM's; and with no sales tax, it's actually cheaper for me to order from HTS. I'm an opener, so package condition isn't a big deal for me. The only downside is I can't check paint apps.

Every Walmart I go to is stacked to the edge with the first wave. I think a lot of this is because they took their Indy islands out of the isle, and put those figures on the pegs. They don't seem to be moving. Same story here. The SuperWMs here have a lot of leftovers from those island displays they put out during the movie release. However, I did find remnants of the LC wave at one of them. So they are trying to put new product out even if there isn't any room for them.

Deluxe figures are brisk sellers here. Consumers are obviously recognizing that Deluxe offer a better value over the Basic line. Adventure Heroes aren't doing so well. And naturally, local WMs have raised the price on the Heroes twice now, virtually ensuring that they kill any future sales.

The vehicles are also hot. Except for the Jungle Cutter. I see that one a lot more often. The 12" Indiana Jones and role play whips are tough to find. As I predicted, the 12" Mutts are shelf-warming big time. The Swordsman and German Soldier are easy to find too.

Cool pics, though Indy looks way out of place there. And I had no idea how stupid of a facial expression Playmates gave poor Beverly. Thanks! Yeah, those figures are almost ape-like with their big hulking arms and large hands, especially on Data. They came with great accessories too - period stuff such as a telephone, floor lamp, and pistol - but they are all molded in bright blue, red, or pink plastic! Crazy, man. But I still thought those figures were awesome back in the day. I still love The Shadow Thunder Cab though.

JediTricks
07-04-2008, 04:16 PM
I have like half of the Playmates Trek line (I hated that the phasers had dedicated orange beams, so I'd usually cut those off and sharpie over the business end), but never got Data or Beverly from The Big Goodbye. I never liked the V-crotch design, but I didn't mind the arms too much - that Data fig's arms look really bad in that department though. I suppose Beverly's stupid expression isn't too far off from the episode, she was all giddy and stupid in that one even after the historian dude got shot and she applauded.

Ji'dai
07-05-2008, 09:04 AM
I could never modify my toys like that. I just lived with the phasers constantly being "fired." Plus they had ones without the orange phaser tails I think. I only bought the characters I liked or from my favorite episodes. I was really into film noir at the time, was collecting old Cagney & Bogart movies on LaserDisc, so seeing the Dixon Hill figures produced was quite serendipitous. I also got the "old" versions of the characters from the series finale, "All Good Things..."

sebillba
07-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Apparently my free AH horse/Indy set arrived today - I'm at work right now, so can't wait to get home to see it! Hopefully the crystal skeleton won't be far behind. :D

JediTricks
07-08-2008, 04:12 AM
Found a few of the Titanium Series Flying Wing at TRU today, they moved the Indy figures into the aisle of forgotten toys unfortunately. The flying wing is mostly metal, has a decent paint job, spinning props, and a nice wide span (maybe too wide, but I'm not to complain about that here). The tails aren't applied that neatly and are askew on the 2 I saw. The props spin a little but nothing that great. The cockpits are black and a little taller than I would have made them, but generally good. The landing gear is tragically not removable. And it came with the same base as mentioned before.

I could never modify my toys like that. I just lived with the phasers constantly being "fired." I am very much like that until it becomes apparent that I have more than enough, then I allow myself creativity. I had about a dozen before I thought to slice those beams off on about 3/4s of them, and save a few for posterity.

Plus they had ones without the orange phaser tails I think. Those only came much later.

I only bought the characters I liked or from my favorite episodes. I was really into film noir at the time, was collecting old Cagney & Bogart movies on LaserDisc, so seeing the Dixon Hill figures produced was quite serendipitous. I also got the "old" versions of the characters from the series finale, "All Good Things..."There's a funny collection! :D

JediTricks
07-08-2008, 04:13 AM
Found a few of the Titanium Series Flying Wing at TRU today, they moved the Indy figures into the aisle of forgotten toys unfortunately. The flying wing is mostly metal, has a decent paint job, spinning props, and a nice wide span (maybe too wide, but I'm not to complain about that here). The tails aren't applied that neatly and are askew on the 2 I saw. The props spin a little but nothing that great. The cockpits are black and a little taller than I would have made them, but generally good. The landing gear is tragically not removable. And it came with the same base as mentioned before.

I could never modify my toys like that. I just lived with the phasers constantly being "fired." I am very much like that until it becomes apparent that I have more than enough, then I allow myself creativity. I had about a dozen before I thought to slice those beams off on about 3/4s of them, and save a few for posterity.

Plus they had ones without the orange phaser tails I think. Those only came much later.

I only bought the characters I liked or from my favorite episodes. I was really into film noir at the time, was collecting old Cagney & Bogart movies on LaserDisc, so seeing the Dixon Hill figures produced was quite serendipitous. I also got the "old" versions of the characters from the series finale, "All Good Things..."There's a funny collection! :D

Ji'dai
07-08-2008, 05:21 PM
There's a funny collection! :D Tell me about it. I just couldn't get enough Trek back then too, but only bought a few of the figures, and never a complete "crew." I got a big set of Galoob Star Trek MicroMachines though :love:

Apparently my free AH horse/Indy set arrived today - I'm at work right now, so can't wait to get home to see it! Hopefully the crystal skeleton won't be far behind. :D Man, I really need to get my stickers and redemption form sent in. I still need to buy five more Adventure Heroes sets and two more 12" figures.

figrin bran
07-08-2008, 11:05 PM
HTS just sent me shipping notice on my Last Crusade Indy so I should be getting that within a few days.

The checks for my 2 Crystal Skull figures have been cashed so hopefully it won't be too long before those start shipping out.

JT, I think that's the La Cienega TRU that you're talking about, right? Well considering that all the Indy toys they had were previously in that 4 sided summer movie toy endcap at the front, there just isn't anywhere else for them to go at that particular store. At least LF TRU still has the endcap for them.

defiant00
07-09-2008, 09:09 AM
So has anyone in FL come across any of the LC wave yet? I've been looking on a daily basis at all of my local stores (3 WM, 1 TRU, 2 Targets, a KB, and a KM), and still nothing. Does anyone know of any specialty stores (like Suncoast or Spencer's) that may be carrying them?

On another note, my Crystal Skeleton checks have been cashed as well, so hopefully they'll get here soon (if they beat the LC wave getting to SWFL, that's gonna suck!).

Ji'dai
07-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Does anyone know of any specialty stores (like Suncoast or Spencer's) that may be carrying them? I doubt Spencers would have them. I don't know about Suncoast, since the one here closed, but it wouldn't surprise me if they carried Indy stuff. I'd call ahead first though. I've seen the figures at Kohls locally, but they are $10 each.

Finally got my Crystal Skeleton redemption forms filled out. I have enough stickers for four forms, so that's how many I'm going to send away for. If I find more of the LC wave I may send in for additional thrones.

TNI posted pics of the second wave of Mighty Muggs (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13175). This wave has Indy, Henry, Monkey Man, and Mutt. They also have a box pic and a rear view of the Akator Playset (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13176). The playset comes with Indiana Jones and Ugha Warrior figures.

JediTricks
07-10-2008, 12:47 AM
Tell me about it. I just couldn't get enough Trek back then too, but only bought a few of the figures, and never a complete "crew." I got a big set of Galoob Star Trek MicroMachines though :love:Back in the day, it was all about Playmates and the Galoob MMs for me, but I never "completed" any of 'em, I bought the figures I wanted but not the figures I didn't - I was super broke. At the end of the Playmates run, I tracked down someone to complete my TNG bridge crew, not sure which, maybe Riker (I could only find the season 1 outfit back in the day, so I didn't bother). And it took me years longer to get the last pieces of the MMs, Vulcantouch got me the Bird of Prey shortly before he passed away.

Man, I really need to get my stickers and redemption form sent in. I still need to buy five more Adventure Heroes sets and two more 12" figures.I suspect those 1/6th scale Arks are going to be plentiful after the run is over, that 12" line just isn't doing much. Probably the AH Horses too, those things just aren't catching on at all.

JT, I think that's the La Cienega TRU that you're talking about, right? Well considering that all the Indy toys they had were previously in that 4 sided summer movie toy endcap at the front, there just isn't anywhere else for them to go at that particular store. At least LF TRU still has the endcap for them.Yeah, that's the TRU I meant. I suspect all the area TRUs will eventually put 'em in the same area because they don't have anyplace else for them anymore and eventually they'll want to put something which sells better on that endcap.

TNI posted pics of the second wave of Mighty Muggs (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13175). This wave has Indy, Henry, Monkey Man, and Mutt. They also have a box pic and a rear view of the Akator Playset (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13176). The playset comes with Indiana Jones and Ugha Warrior figures.Henry MM looks funny as hell because it's surprisingly apt. Mutt is kinda generic tho'.

The Akator playset looks pretty poor from the back, and I suspect it's being released too late to garner any sales whatsoever.