PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Making Indiana Jones Figures

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Blue2th
07-10-2008, 03:21 AM
I think the Indy figures are suffering from "first-wave-pegwarming-itis"
I hate to be pessimistic but this line could die from too many first wave figures not selling.

It could be a case of too much too little too late. :sad:

JediTricks
07-10-2008, 03:23 AM
Around here, it's Crystal Skull product that's languishing on pegs, specifically Mutt Williams figures and the Indy with rocket launcher.

TheRealDubya
07-10-2008, 10:16 AM
I hate to be pessimistic but this line could die from too many first wave figures not selling.

I'm losing hope pretty quickly too. I'll bet they string it out until next summer (DVD release, maybe another video game, some comics), but I think it's going to be short lived unless Lucasfilm cooks up another film or animated series -- which is fine as it's a small roster of characters, and I think we're going to get most of the major pieces.

I think the best move they could do is make it a Collector's line and sell it direct to consumers online. I'm just not convinced it's clicking with kids.

It's a damned shame they called of the Vintage tribute line -- I would loved that.

I would like to see a really, really good Indy figure still. Something along the lines of the quality of the GI Joe Wave 9 Hawk.

JediTricks
07-10-2008, 09:27 PM
IMO, the vintage line would have tanked even harder because of the higher price and lack of recognition for the original line.

TheRealDubya
07-11-2008, 12:54 AM
IMO, the vintage line would have tanked even harder because of the higher price and lack of recognition for the original line.

Unless it hadn't been higher priced...just vintage styled, as had been discussed. I was thinking about it tonight when I was at the store...the current line's packaging is totally forgettable. I thought about getting a few Raiders characters to keep carded, but I just don't like the card art enough -- their's nothing classic about it. If they'd done the vintage style though, I'd have bought 2-3 of each to sock away. But that's just me, and you're probably right -- I would have been in the minority.

I think a Vintage styled Indy would make a perfect Con exclusive or Mail-Away though. I really wish Hasbro would start catering directly to the collector's market with a unique online presence, offering one new figure each month from their key brands.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-11-2008, 11:56 AM

I don't think it'll be that much of a problem. Hasbro probably recognizes that they shipped too much of the first few waves and will recall them and replace them with newer figures. If you look at HTS, the newer figures are primarily sold out and even on BBTS.com where I ordered my wave for 50ish, they're sold out too (along with pre-orders of the TOD wave!!) I only found remants in my area and Henry Jones Sr. is going for 30 BUCKS on e-bay!

The demand is definitely there, IMHO. :thumbsup:

defiant00
07-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Guyute, I hope you're right on a couple of points...one, that the demand is there so the line won't get scrubbed prematurely, and two, that they will recall the existing figures for new ones. I'm tired of going in to every store in my area and seeing nothing but Mutt Williams figures filling three or four pegs!!

TheRealDubya
07-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Guyute, I hope you're right on a couple of points...one, that the demand is there so the line won't get scrubbed prematurely, and two, that they will recall the existing figures for new ones. I'm tired of going in to every store in my area and seeing nothing but Mutt Williams figures filling three or four pegs!!

I hope he's right too, but in my area the pegs are packed with ALL of the figures -- I could go out right now and put together a second complete set of all the single carded figures within 2 hours, if I were so inclined. The only items close to being rare pieces are the Russian Solider, Troop Car and Indiana Jones with Ark. Everything else is warming, and has been since June. But maybe that's just my area.

I guess I just wonder how much recognition there is for your average 10 year old for someone like Sallah, or the Cairo Swordsman? Collectors seem to have gotten their fill, and as I mentioned, I don't like the card artwork enough to warrant buying a MOMC set. If they had done something visually appealing (similar to the look and feel of the GI Joe 25th cards or TAC, or a Vintage look), I would have been in...but these are just in generic "summer blockbuster toy" packaging.

JediTricks
07-11-2008, 04:53 PM
The vintage Kenner packaging was pretty fugly tho'. The only thing it had going for it was the character photo, everything else was awful. The border was cheesy, it was a plain square card, there was a lot of unused space at the top half near the title, and the IJ logo itself was butt.

The new packaging may be somewhat samey, but at least it has more exciting graphics, better lettering, a dynamic shape, and a photo of the main character.

I would absolutely not want to see this on shelves again:
http://www.toyarchive.com/IndianaJonesLostArkSer.html

I have to admit, only Marion single-carded and the German troop car are hard to find in my area, everything else from the first 2 waves is gettable in various degrees.

Ji'dai
07-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I liked the vintage cards and packaging, still have all of them except for Marion's cardback. While I'd like to see a IJ vintage line, I wouldn't want it to be an online exclusive. With paint problems dogging the line, I wouldn't want to pay higher prices and get Robot Chicken Indy figures on repro cardbacks.

As far as local selection goes, only Marion and the Troop Car are rare. I was surprised to see quite a few army builders, especially German Soldiers, last time I rifled through the pegs at WM. The 12" Indys are not easy to find either, or the electronic whip. There was a kid with his mom and grandma scouring the WM toy dept. for the whips last time I was there. He went home with a Hot Wheels playset instead.

Hasbro posted pics of the new 12" figures: Temple of Doom Indy (http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=22182) (comes with machete, pistol, bag, and 3 Sankara stones), Mutt Williams with jacket (http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=22181) (includes switchblade, rapier, and crystal skull), and Indy in German disguise (http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=22180) (with bazooka).

DarkArtist
07-12-2008, 07:45 AM
I really hope this line doesn't tank as well, I looking forward to finally getting the Last Crusade set and a couple extra Elysa's and Vogels for customizing, and really looking forward to the Temple of Doom figures.

I would love it however if Hasbro revisited some of the older Kenner Ideas and gave us the playsets again like the Wells of Souls and the Map Room maybe even the streets of Cario.

plus with some many cool characters still not made yet:

Toht
German Mechanic
Indy as a German Officer
Marion in Dress ROTLA
Marion KOTCS
Belloq (non ceremonial)

Beast
07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Some new listings have shown up on Big Bad Toy Store:

12" Indiana Jones in German Disguise w/ Rocket Launcher
12" Mutt Williams with Leather Jacket, Switchblade, and Crystal Skull

And over at Blister.jp, these following Deluxe Sets showed up.

Deluxe Indiana Jones with Rocket Sled
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Soul Trap (Either Well of the Souls or trap from Last Crusade?)
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Map Trap (Map Room Playset)

There's also a listing there for a 12" Indiana Jones w/ Sword Action (Temple of Doom?)

Beast
07-12-2008, 02:15 PM
Also, some of the Q&A's with Hasbro for Indiana Jones are turning up.

From Action Figs:

ActionFigs.com: One of the scenes talked about a lot from Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is the "nuke the fridge" scene. Would Hasbro make a deluxe figure representing Indy and his life-saving refrigerator? Would Hasbro design the fridge pre-blast "clean" or with battle damage?

Hasbro: We do not have plans to create the fridge.

From Cool Toy Review:

Hasbro's INDIANA JONES Q&A: The Answers!

Cool Toy Review: Well we have seen the TOD wave and what a fantastic wave it is! The only thing we have noticed that is missing is a sankara stone accessory. Will any of the six figures in this wave come with a sankara stone?

Hasbro: We did not include the stone accessory because it is planned to be included in another item in 2009.

Cool Toy Review: As you're doing a Thugee Guard figure I wanted to suggest a possible redeco; while watching the movie I noticed that just after Indy recovers from being possessed a couple of Thugees in mostly black outfits take the Maharajah away. These dudes look very cool, and I'd love to see them in figure form. They shouldn't be too hard to do as repaints.

Hasbro: That's a variant we have on our list for sometime down the road. No telling when we'll be able to get to it, though.

Cool Toy Review: While Hasbro has said that the Young Indiana Jones are not a priority at the moment, at some point soon, would Hasbro do a figure of Harrison Ford as Indiana Jones from the episode, Mystery of the Blues? The figure would be great for many reasons, but would also give Hasbro the chance to get a different, but still core-image Indy that differs from the existing Indy figures currently on pegs. A new head sculpt would be warranted, but the figure could also see the inclusion of soft good scarves. As far accessories, the figure could be packaged with a saxophone and a non-coiled whip. While this Indy appearance wasn't action-themed, give kids the whip in use and they'll fill in the blanks.

Hasbro: Interesting suggestion - we'll take another look at that one. Thanks.

From TNI:

Indiana Jones Q&A With Hasbro Round #3

TNI: The pack-in relic idea has been welcomed by the collector crowd and children alike. However, the dead-line for mailing off for the "special figure" is late October. Are there plans to continue with the relic pack-ins and if so will there be any additional mail-away promotions planned for 2009? This question was asked by TNI reader Psimitar.

Hasbro: There is no additional mail-ins planned for 2009. The relics will continue in the current figures through Spring 2009, while all of the new figures coming Spring 2009 will have figure stands.

TNI: Will we see more 12" figures? If yes will we see some of the Female figures as well, like Marion and the female villains? This question was asked by TNI reader Gareee.

Hasbro: There will indeed be more 12" figures through next Spring. We would like to do at least one female, but it has yet to be seen whether she will indeed make the line, depending on tooling costs. We will have more details later in the Fall.

TNI: My question is why did you folks make figures based on the third movie before the second movie (Temple of Doom)? Does the decision come from a marketing standpoint that 'The Last Crusade' is more popular and would sell better? I'm curious as to what the thought process behind this decision was? Thanks! This question was asked by TNI reader Joenubb.

Hasbro: Yes, that is the very reason why Last Crusade figures came first.

From Indiana Jones Collector:

IndianaJonesCollectors: With The Last Crusade hitting shelves now and the Temple of Doom wave hitting in September, what else can we expect from the 3 3/4" Indiana Jones line in 2008? We've seen pictures of two new deluxe sets (Mutt w/ Bike & Cairo Thugs) and the Akator Playset, anything else to look forward to in 2008?

Hasbro: We have indeed been front-loaded this year, as expected for a movie year. The next news for 3-3/4" will be in Spring 2009, and we should have pics to preview at Comic Con.

IJC: Do you have any plans to release Temple of Doom deluxe sets? I think items such as the sacrifice cage or the mine car would go great with any collection!

H: We agree, and there is a good chance at least one of those items will make it out in 2009.

IJC: How soon do you plan on releasing the second wave of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull basic figures? Are any of the following characters on your radar: Mac, Oxley, Army disguised Russians or the Alien? I would think all would be logical choices!

H: There will be a few more KOTCS figures later in 2009. A couple of your figures are in the works.

From The Private Universe:

Q1. Have you considered doing a deluxe set from the beginning of Kingdom > of the Crystal Skull, which would include a Hangar 51 crate containing the > metallic case and alien remains inside? I think that would be a fantastic set and it is a big part of the movie.

A1. That is a cool idea and we have indeed thought about it, but did not pursue in favor of some other sets. Perhaps someday...

Q2. Will you be making an Ark Ghost in the 3.75 inch lineup? The adventure heroes ghost is my personal favorite and I think it would go great with the basic figure lineup as well! You could include a rotating head with the peaceful looking lady on one side and the other have the angry skull face.

A2. Yes, we plan on getting this out Spring of next year in the Deluxe lineup.

Beast
07-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Sucks that they're not planning to do the Indy with Fridge as a Deluxe set.

And that the Area 51 warehouse crate w/ alien isn't in the works as of yet.

But very cool that we're getting the Ark Ghost in a Deluxe pack in Spring '09.

Ji'dai
07-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Some new listings have shown up on Big Bad Toy Store:

12" Indiana Jones in German Disguise w/ Rocket Launcher
12" Mutt Williams with Leather Jacket, Switchblade, and Crystal Skull

And over at Blister.jp, these following Deluxe Sets showed up.

Deluxe Indiana Jones with Rocket Sled
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Soul Trap (Either Well of the Souls or trap from Last Crusade?)
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Map Trap (Map Room Playset)

There's also a listing there for a 12" Indiana Jones w/ Sword Action (Temple of Doom?)

Hasbro has pics of the new 12" figures over on their site. I posted links to them on the previous page:

Hasbro posted pics of the new 12" figures: Temple of Doom Indy (http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=22182) (comes with machete, pistol, bag, and 3 Sankara stones), Mutt Williams with jacket (http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=22181) (includes switchblade, rapier, and crystal skull), and Indy in German disguise (http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=ps_results&product_id=22180) (with bazooka).

Sucks that they're not planning to do the Indy with Fridge as a Deluxe set.

And that the Area 51 warehouse crate w/ alien isn't in the works as of yet.

But very cool that we're getting the Ark Ghost in a Deluxe pack in Spring '09. I wouldn't mind a deluxe Indy with Fridge set. I've checked the doll houses & accessories at TRU looking for a suitable fridge to recreate that scene. I'm not really interested in an Area 51 alien/crate. The Deluxe Ark Ghost is very good news though. I'm going to be army building them.

Beast
07-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Hasbro has pics of the new 12" figures over on their site. I posted links to them on the previous page:
Doh! My bad, didn't even notice that. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

bigbarada
07-12-2008, 08:12 PM
This line seems to be tanking hard right now. I think the crummy paint apps are one of the biggest reasons. I did see the LC wave show up and it looks like Hasbro has fixed the sloppy paint apps on everybody but Indy. How screwed up is it that they can't get the main character right?

I think it might be too late to save this line. The shelves are so clogged with googely-eyed Indys and Mutt Williams, that I doubt the line is going to survive much longer.

Although I have to admit that Grail Knight is pretty cool. I almost broke down and bought him when I saw him the other day; but I'm focusing on GI Joe 25th Anniversary stuff right now.

Old Fossil
07-12-2008, 10:00 PM
This line seems to be tanking hard right now. I think the crummy paint apps are one of the biggest reasons. I did see the LC wave show up and it looks like Hasbro has fixed the sloppy paint apps on everybody but Indy. How screwed up is it that they can't get the main character right?

I think it might be too late to save this line. The shelves are so clogged with googely-eyed Indys and Mutt Williams, that I doubt the line is going to survive much longer.

Although I have to admit that Grail Knight is pretty cool. I almost broke down and bought him when I saw him the other day; but I'm focusing on GI Joe 25th Anniversary stuff right now.

You should've bought him, BigB. He's awesome, although essentially just a statue.

Did you get "Dad?"

bigbarada
07-12-2008, 10:13 PM
You should've bought him, BigB. He's awesome, although essentially just a statue.

Did you get "Dad?"

Nah, I didn't buy any of them, I've decided to practice self-control and only focus on one line at a time and right now that's GI Joe. Although the Sean Connery figure did look pretty good, so did Elsa (I think that was her name). I just don't have any use for an Indiana Jones figure collection; but if they make Short Round, I'm going to have a really hard time not buying him.

evenflow
07-13-2008, 12:09 PM
Very happy that we are getting an ark spirit. Best answer from this week's Q & A.

figrin bran
07-14-2008, 10:03 PM
I got LC Indy in the mail from HTS today. This is the first LC wave figure that I've seen anywhere and there is quite a bit of room for them at most of my LA area stores.

RooJay
07-15-2008, 04:56 AM
Is HTS better on S&H these days? I remember when their shipping took FOREVER and that always irritates me. HH! :thumbsup:

I ordered the McQuarrie Concept Rebel Trooper on July 2nd. In order to spread the cost of shipping I also ordered at the same time an older Clone Trooper that I didn't really need but thought I could use one more of. I finally got a package from Hasbro yesterday, July 14th (that's twelve days for shipping on in stock items) but for some crazy reason the box only contained the clone. Looks like they decided to ship each of them individually anyway (even though both were listed as "In Stock" when I ordered them at the same time) and it looks like they decided to go right on ahead and charge me full shipping costs for each figure individually.
So to answer your question: No, HTS is most definitely not better on shipping these days.

figrin bran
07-15-2008, 10:39 AM
I ordered the McQuarrie Concept Rebel Trooper on July 2nd. In order to spread the cost of shipping I also ordered at the same time an older Clone Trooper that I didn't really need but thought I could use one more of. I finally got a package from Hasbro yesterday, July 14th (that's twelve days for shipping on in stock items) but for some crazy reason the box only contained the clone. Looks like they decided to ship each of them individually anyway (even though both were listed as "In Stock" when I ordered them at the same time) and it looks like they decided to go right on ahead and charge me full shipping costs for each figure individually.
So to answer your question: No, HTS is most definitely not better on shipping these days.

That shouldn't have happened! I have preordered many, many items from them over the past few months - everything from Indy to GI Joe to Transformers Animated. In many cases, they've had to spread out shipments, even if it was items that were in the same order number. However, I'm only charged shipping for the first item in that particular order number.

Roojay, they should only have charged you shipping for the first figure that you received as that's their policy.

BTW, I just got shipping confirmation from HTS for the Grail Knight and Young Indy.

Ji'dai
07-15-2008, 04:26 PM
...they should only have charged you shipping for the first figure that you received as that's their policy.

BTW, I just got shipping confirmation from HTS for the Grail Knight and Young Indy. That's good to hear. I too received shipping confirmation on the 2 Grail Knights I ordered from HTS back on July 3rd. I also ordered two each of Henry, Elsa, and Vogel but they haven't shipped yet. I found Castle Brunwald Indy and Young Indy at retail already, along with a couple of Elsas and a Vogel.

RooJay
07-16-2008, 01:07 AM
That shouldn't have happened! I have preordered many, many items from them over the past few months - everything from Indy to GI Joe to Transformers Animated. In many cases, they've had to spread out shipments, even if it was items that were in the same order number. However, I'm only charged shipping for the first item in that particular order number.

Roojay, they should only have charged you shipping for the first figure that you received as that's their policy.

BTW, I just got shipping confirmation from HTS for the Grail Knight and Young Indy.

Well, I still have yet to receive my McQuarrie Rebel (going on two weeks tomorrow for an item that was listed as "In Stock" and usually shipping within one to two days mind you) so I will admit there is a chance that when I finally receive it there might not have been any additional shipping charged.

Ji'dai
07-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Spotted the Indy Mighty Muggs for the first time this week. Only saw Indy and the Swordsman. Mola Ram was long gone.

FYI: TNI (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13210) has hi-res carded and loose pics of the Temple of Doom wave.

JediTricks
07-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Oh man, the face on that Indy figure is most unfortunate. And the "clothed" arm looks poofy and out of place. At least that rip in his pants makes sense now. His courier bag opens, whoppee.

Looks like Shorty's face is a little better, but the expression is a tad iffy.

defiant00
07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Well, I finally got sick of wasting the gas to keep checking my local stores, so I just broke down and ordered a case from Razor's Edge. I should get it hopefully tomorrow or Friday...

Has anyone gotten their Crystal Skeletons yet?

figrin bran
07-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Willie's skirt looks a lot like Darth Revan's.

Ji'dai
07-18-2008, 04:28 PM
I got my two Grail Knights from HTS today. Paint jobs on both figures were pretty decent. Based on the few figs I've seen in person, this wave doesn't seem to suffer from the googily 'Robot Chicken' eyes that plagued the first two waves. All I need now is Henry Jones.

Old Fossil
07-19-2008, 09:57 AM
Is anyone here worried about the future of this line? I only ask because the few stores I shop (2 WM's, 1 Target, 1 TRU) seem pretty well stocked with the same figures they've had for a month now. The single carded figures aren't moving, and even the deluxe items -- which had been good sellers for a while -- are beginning to pegwarm.

I hope the line is still viable, 'cause I still haven't found a good Colonel Vogel, and there are many other characters I want to see made. But I'm afraid that the glut of KotCS and RotLA basic figure assortments may keep retailers from ordering any more product... just when the paint apps were improving, too!

El Chuxter
07-19-2008, 12:53 PM
I've not been collecting, but I might get Henry Sr, Short Round, and an Indy. However, all I see are Raiders and Crystal Skull figures. Knowing Last Crusade is wave 3, and Temple is wave 4, I can't help but wonder if I'll ever have a shot at Shorty. And whether Henry Sr will be the Cyborg Superman or Swimming Jar Jar of this line.

Blue2th
07-19-2008, 04:10 PM
I've found everything else, but I still haven't spotted Henry Sr yet.

Ji'dai
07-19-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm not really worried about the line ending any time soon. But my local stores are flooded with wave 1 and 2 as well. Hopefully a lot of the overstock will move during the holiday shopping season. Unfortunately, that may take some time and we might see just a trickle of waves 3 & 4 in the interim. Hasbro's case assortments for the LC and ToD waves are only adding to problem too. Those cases should have at least two each of the new figures rather than just one.

I was looking at the new planograms at a couple of WMs that are doing their reset today and IJ is still well-represented. It's not as big as the new SW Clone Wars section though. The planograms show the usual stuff: Titaniums, Adv. Heroes, 3-3/4" basic & deluxe, vehicles, and role play, plus the lower shelf was labeled "IJ Ultimate Adventure," whatever that is.

I saw the Mola Ram Mighty Mugg today for the first time, though I don't collect them. I also saw all the Titaniums at both TRU and WM. TRU was a quarter cheaper than WM, plus I had a $10 off coupon so I got all eight.

Also picked up the rest of the Raiders Adventure Heroes, including another Belloq/Ark/Ghost set. The Indy/Swordsman set is tough to find here. But I can send away for the mail-away figure now.

JediTricks
07-20-2008, 02:53 AM
No, I think this line is doing very well. What, there's more than just rocket Indy, 2 Mutt Williams figures, Sallah, and Monkeyman in the line? HOLY CRAP! :eek: Then no, I think the line is cruisin' for a bruisin', and won't be helped by the return of SW across 4 different lines.

I haven't found any of the LC wave, and now that the AAA discount isn't working on HTS, I've kinda stopped using them.

jedibear
07-20-2008, 01:01 PM
This line has definitely stalled. We've seen NOTHING new up here. No LC wave ANYWHERE.

And as JT pointed out, with SW launching it's new lines, I think Indy's dead until a last-gasp sputter around the DVD release.

Too bad... I was looking forward to more...but this line was bungled from the start with lackluster retailer support, poor paint apps on initial waves and of course the ole classic bad case assortments we SW collectors have been living with since '95.

Guess I'll never see the LC or TOD waves up this way...I am curious what kind of presence the lin with have at SDCC...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2008, 10:42 PM
No, I think this line is doing very well. What, there's more than just rocket Indy, 2 Mutt Williams figures, Sallah, and Monkeyman in the line? HOLY CRAP! :eek: Then no, I think the line is cruisin' for a bruisin', and won't be helped by the return of SW across 4 different lines.

I haven't found any of the LC wave, and now that the AAA discount isn't working on HTS, I've kinda stopped using them.
It seems like Hasbro figured that everyone who buys Star Wars figures would want to get the Indiana Jones figures as well, which is obviously not the case across the board.

I just want the Short Round figure, then I couldn't care less if the line tanks.

JediTricks
07-21-2008, 12:29 AM
The product is made, so with enough cash, you WILL have that figure.

Hasbro's plans are ongoing, they've put enough $$$ into this that they're not gonna let it stall completely so soon. But I'll definitely do what I can to get comment on this, we asked it in Q&A.

plasticfetish
07-21-2008, 02:34 AM
About a week ago, I saw a few figures from the Last Crusade wave at a local shop. They didn't have everything out, but I do remember seeing young Indy and the Grail Knight. Both had very decent paint jobs actually, so it's a shame that the first few waves of figures weren't as nice.

I've only bought two figures from this line (Indy w/ Idol and Indy w/ skull) so far, and honestly... I think I'm pretty much over the whole thing at this point.

master J
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Well I hope the line does at least make it through 2009. I have bought every figure so far and list this line right behind star wars!
One suggestion to hasbro would be once the first two waves are cleared out, ship the newer waves in smaller quantities, similar to GI Joe, and that will insure the lines continued success. There are plenty of collectors/kids that will support this line, if it is shipped properly, for many years to come!

Ji'dai
07-21-2008, 07:28 PM
Well I hope the line does at least make it through 2009. I have bought every figure so far and list this line right behind star wars! Yeah, my sentiments exactly. And after reading the reviews of the initial wave of Clone Wars figures, I think IJ has surpassed Star Wars.

One suggestion to hasbro would be once the first two waves are cleared out, ship the newer waves in smaller quantities, similar to GI Joe, and that will insure the lines continued success. Someone could take a stroll through many of the WM's in this area and think that the GI JOE line has stalled and bombed too. The WMs here are literally packed with 25th Anniversary Joes and have been for 2-3 months. At two stores here, they have full pegs in the action figure aisle, an entire endcap full, and additional pegs with overstock figures in the LEGO aisle. And now I'm seeing the 12" and vehicle 2-packs hitting shelves too. The Joes easily outnumber Indy figures here.

Now I know that Joe is a hot line right now regardless of how badly they pegwarm locally. I have no doubt about the future of that line any more than I do for Indy. This is summer, and toy sales typically nosedive right now. Remember how frustrating it was to find new TAC waves at this time last summer? Between mid-June and Labor Day last year I couldn't find anything. Then bam... I get hit with new TAC waves nearly every 2-to-3 weeks in the fall.

Give it some time, we'll see both the LC and ToD waves in quantity soon enough. I'd really like to army build the Thuggee Guard from wave 4, so here's hoping Hasbro includes him in revised cases.

Mvader91
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
That is certainly not the case in Indy. Joes just do not last long. A week at the most. However, the lame Road Block in green tends to hang longer.

figrin bran
07-21-2008, 09:17 PM
HTS delivered my Grail Knight and Young Indy today. They do indeed exist! :p

I know I said this before but what's especially frustrating is that there is a lot of room on the pegs at my local Targets and TRU for more Indy figures but yet no restock for several weeks.

RooJay
07-22-2008, 02:28 AM
I am glad I don't live where you guys live (or maybe I do, then I wouldn't have so much trouble finding my toys!) At all the stores in my area, Indy figures are still moving pretty quickly through retail. Even the Target nearest me frequently goes through phases where the pegs are stocked to overflowing and then are nearly empty only a week later! Just this past night, I stopped by and the Indy pegs that where literally overflowing with figures being stacked on the shelves below now only have about a dozen or so figures on them. It's even worse (or better depending on which end of the retail chain you may be) with GI Joe - those figures just do not last more than a few minutes on the pegs! Most stores only ever have a couple leftovers, and even they seem not to have been hanging around forever. Me and several friends at work are constantly looking out for the various toy lines we are all collecting, and I've even gotten calls that such and such store has something in stock only to get there an hour or two later and find that they've completely sold through!
From my perspective, I really see no evidence that the Indiana Jones line is in any trouble at all at retail. I also have little doubt that whatever ends up hanging around the shelves where you folks live will eventually get redistributed to areas like where live.

El Chuxter
07-22-2008, 09:54 AM
My local WM is swamped with Joes. That's because they seemed to get about six cases at once (about a week ago) of the Wild Bill wave. The Vipers are gone, most of the Dukes are gone, and now it's Snake Eyes, Wild Bill, and Spirit clogging the shelves. Not the three pegwarmers I expected.

With Indy, I glance at the movie on the card to see if LC figures are out yet and it's worthwhile to go through the mass of Shia LeMutt Williamses to see if there's a Henry.

Ji'dai
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Pics of Hasbro's Indy display (http://www.comingsoon.net/imageGallery/Comic_Con_2008/Comic-Con_2008_61.jpg) at SDCC are beginning to hit. TRU's exclusive is a repackaged Jungle Cutter with three figures - Indy and two Russian soldiers.

Looks like some kind of multipack on the left there with Indy and Mutt. Maybe a commemorative DVD set?

Hasbro's IJ exclusive is a fertility idol Mighty Mugg. Still have no idea what the LEGO exclusive will be.

TheRealDubya
07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Yes, yes, yes.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Yes, yes, yes.

Awesome. Simply awesome. Thanks for sharing!!! :thumbsup:

Beast
07-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Great wave. Loving the Toht. :D

Ji'dai
07-25-2008, 09:35 PM
Wow, Toht AND Satipo! I heard that we might see Toht come with interchangeable heads. I wonder if he'll have the headpiece scar on his hand like the vintage version did.

I've seen pics of Target exclusive multipacks today too. One is the Streets of Cairo ambush with Monkeyman, Marion, Indy, and two henchman. The other is the Last Crusade tank battle with Henry, Indy, Vogel, and two German soldiers.

Blue2th
07-26-2008, 12:43 AM
I've seen pics of Target exclusive multipacks today too. One is the Streets of Cairo ambush with Monkeyman, Marion, Indy, and two henchman. The other is the Last Crusade tank battle with Henry, Indy, Vogel, and two German soldiers.
Where are those pics?

These wouldn't be Ultimate Battlepack like would they? With a truck and baskets on the Cairo ambush, and perhaps a WWI tank on the other (the latter would almost be too good to be true)

sebillba
07-26-2008, 01:12 AM
No, they're all straight repacks:

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2008/images/sdcc2008_hasbro_indy_9.jpg

http://www.mwctoys.com/sdcc2008/images/sdcc2008_hasbro_indy_10.jpg

http://sdcc08.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=684&size=big&cat=

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 02:50 AM
Thanks for posting those links, sebillba. I couldn't remember where I saw them.

At least Henry and Vogel will be repacked. Not sure if Henry comes with the same accessories as the individually carded version. Sux that they are Target exclusives though. The nearest store is like 80 miles away from me.

sebillba
07-26-2008, 05:57 AM
The new wave looks superb - 5 more vintage figures (leaving just white suit Belloq.... though I would actually prefer him in his jungle outfit with pith helmet) and Satipo, who is one of my most wanted figures. Here's hoping Marion will come with the lower part of her dress, and Toht will have his trenchcoat (there's no way he can't have this, surely??).

Only 5 in the wave though? Hopefully there's at least one more to be revealed. I've seen four others "confirmed"... white suit Belloq, Dietrich, Donovan and Marcus Brody.

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 12:29 PM
I just noticed that Marion only has one pump on her foot. I wonder if she'll come with the other? She looks to be SA so hopefully it doesn't affect her ability to stand. She's going to look strange if used in any other diorama other than in a Well of Souls scene. I wouldn't mind if Hasbro just made her barefoot though.

Beast
07-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I just noticed that Marion only has one pump on her foot. I wonder if she'll come with the other? She looks to be SA so hopefully it doesn't affect her ability to stand. She's going to look strange if used in any other diorama other than in a Well of Souls scene. I wouldn't mind if Hasbro just made her barefoot though.
My guess... interchangable feet.

Ji'dai
07-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I've seen interchangeable arms, legs, & hands in this scale, but never feet. I don't know how that'd work and still have ankle articulation. Maybe the entire leg will be interchangeable.

indyjones1981
07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
The 12 inch Ark came by mail today in a crate box. How awesome. Detail is very good. Was well worth it. Might have to get a couple more. Anyone else get the Ark in the mail yet? Thoughts

Ji'dai
07-29-2008, 03:45 PM
The 1:6 Ark is the only premium I haven't sent away for yet. I still need to get two more 12" figures. I'll probably get the Swordsman and the talking Indy.

According to Hasbro's SDCC presentation, all of the Indiana Jones mail-away promotions have been extended through Dec. 31.

JediTricks
08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I found Indy Last Crusade in San Diego last week, unremarkable but ok figure.

Hasbro's answer to our question about the future of this line doesn't instill me with confidence: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916

ActionFigs.com: Many collectors are noticing that the Indiana Jones line of figures seems to be sitting around at stores and not moving as well as hoped. A glut of product seems to be preventing new figures from coming in, and many fans are worried that the line may be cut short as a result, despite the fact that you've announced that you have plans for 2009. Also, with late July came the return of Star Wars which limits the peg space available for the Indy line. Are the results of how this line is selling having an affect on its future?
Hasbro: The results of how *any* line sells has an effect on its future, as retailers want to ensure that their retail space is as productive as it can possibly be. We certainly hope to get to new figures in 2009. Right now, we are working with retail to maximize the line around what will be one of the biggest DVD releases of the year, along with a strong holiday drive. We know that we have collector interest to some extent (although not nearly to the level of Star Wars) but how long we go will depend on the level of kid engagement and retailer support after the holidays. It's something we'll be watching closely.

Droid
08-01-2008, 07:57 PM
I think the Indy line will die. I never saw it as much of a kid's line. To me this one was REALLY collector driven. And as a collector, I bought so many less figures than I would have because of action features and terrible paint.

I don't think they'll be putting out Indy figures after 2009.

jedibear
08-01-2008, 09:06 PM
I hate it, but I have to agree. This line stumbled right out of the gate with bad initial availability, shoddy paint apps and the ever-present bad case assortments. I agree this line was totally collector-driven or impulse/nostalgia driven and kids were last place here.

I see a (slight) bump around DVD time and then after the holidays...gone.
That last wave (the white dress Marion/Toht one) had better appear early or it will become the holy grail of this line for collectors. Sad really...

It's still been barren up here until today I walked in WM and whattya know, they actually had some Indy figures! Just the remains of the LC wave (first time I've seen it) but this was a minor store that has carried NOTHING all summer and now they've reset for SW CW and allotted some peg space for Indy.
Better late than never....I hope they get the rest of the LC wave in (I only got Young Indy, Grail Knight and LC Indy).

I like this line well enough...I hate seeing it die with a whimper....

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-01-2008, 09:41 PM
I found Indy Last Crusade in San Diego last week, unremarkable but ok figure.

Hasbro's answer to our question about the future of this line doesn't instill me with confidence: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=1916

ActionFigs.com: Many collectors are noticing that the Indiana Jones line of figures seems to be sitting around at stores and not moving as well as hoped. A glut of product seems to be preventing new figures from coming in, and many fans are worried that the line may be cut short as a result, despite the fact that you've announced that you have plans for 2009. Also, with late July came the return of Star Wars which limits the peg space available for the Indy line. Are the results of how this line is selling having an affect on its future?
Hasbro: The results of how *any* line sells has an effect on its future, as retailers want to ensure that their retail space is as productive as it can possibly be. We certainly hope to get to new figures in 2009. Right now, we are working with retail to maximize the line around what will be one of the biggest DVD releases of the year, along with a strong holiday drive. We know that we have collector interest to some extent (although not nearly to the level of Star Wars) but how long we go will depend on the level of kid engagement and retailer support after the holidays. It's something we'll be watching closely.

That's just assinine on Hasbro's part; they know that newer figures will sell relatively well. Have a recall for the old product, send it to stores that don't have very many figures, or even hold it for their website and send out new figures. If they want this line to continue being successful, they need to get in the game.

That being said, my buddy and I hit some serious stores last night; thirteen stores, including six more this morning. This included several WM supercenters and no new product at all. I found some remants of the Last Crusade figures on July 3rd, but nothing since. I have the wave on order from BBTS but it's a tad pricey. Yet, when you factor in gas, time, and how much of a pain in the a-- this is, i might just take back my leftover figures and keep the BBTS ones. Hell, their set for TOD figures is pre-ordered sold out and they're not even out yet!!

The interest is there hasbro, just use your head, stick your tail between your legs, recall a majority of the old figures, send them elsewhere/lower end stores and send out new stuff. :whip:

EDIT: I decided to check my local WM before sleeptime and imagine my non-shock when I saw the shelves still cluttered with old figures. I then walked by the skids for tonights stock and saw a case labeled something like IJ 3.75 FIGURES WV3R02 08. The case was already open and I saw that it included a LC Indy, and a LC Young Indy. I spotted two more cases with the same labels and yanked them open. To my surprise, each one had ONE Henry Jones, Sr. in them! I picked up both of them. The paint apps are solid on both them, minus one "dammit!" spot on both figures. One has a ink splot on his coat, which looks like ink from the pen actually; and the other has a dark spot by his glasses. Still, I was VERY pleased to find him.

But still, what happened to the cases that also had Vogel and Elsa?!!?? And the rest of the LC figures, wave 3!!??!?? Did my store miss them?!? Did my area get in their 3-4 cases and that's it?!!?!?

I've decided to get the ones I have on pre-order, compare paint apps and keep the best ones. With a full time teaching gig starting this fall, high gas prices, the lack of moving of old figures, and my time, it's just better to bite the bullet on this wave. I mean, had I not checked the skids, I never would have found the cases as they wouldn't have opened them due to the ridiculously full nature of the pegs.

and that's my story. :)

Old Fossil
08-02-2008, 09:51 AM
After the amazing work Hasbro did on Yarna, it's almost shameful the half-a$$ed effort they put forth on much of the IJ line. I mean, Marion Ravenwood is little better than my daughter's Polly Pocket figures.

I still need a good Colonel Vogel, dang it.:mad:

Beast
08-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Honestly, only Wal-Mart seems to have over-ordered the Indiana Jones stuff. Toys R Us only has a few figures left on the racks and needs to restock badly. The same is true of Meijers and K-Mart near me. At least that's what I've seen in my area. Wal-Mart got way too many Wave 1 figures in though.

Thankfully Wal-Mart reset the figure aisle near me today, so they actually had the Last Crusade wave out. They had plenty of everyone. Picked up the whole wave, except for the new Indiana Jones. The LC Wave is great, much better all around. They had tons of them and I didn't have a lot of cash on me today.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Honestly, only Wal-Mart seems to have over-ordered the Indiana Jones stuff. Toys R Us only has a few figures left on the racks and needs to restock badly. The same is true of Meijers and K-Mart near me. At least that's what I've seen in my area. Wal-Mart got way too many Wave 1 figures in though.

Thankfully Wal-Mart reset the figure aisle near me today, so they actually had the Last Crusade wave out. They had plenty of everyone. Picked up the whole wave, except for the new Indiana Jones. The LC Wave is great, much better all around. They had tons of them and I didn't have a lot of cash on me today.
That's what I'm seeing here as well. The WMs have way too much of it while Targets have a "healthy supply." I don't even know if my TRU has any.

Those Battle Packs are pretty nice and at a good price, so I may get a few. Hopefully they make more of them.

DarkArtist
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM
has anyone recieved there Crystal Skeletons yet. i placed an order for 3 of them back in May and the checks were cashed by the end of May and no word yet. was just wondering if anyone's has arrived and when I might see some boxes sitting on my stoop.

JediTricks
08-03-2008, 04:36 AM
My Target stores have too much of their IJ space filled with basics, they're not as bad as WM but I think they're capacity. With SW making this big comeback, I am not even interested to look through the mountains of Belloqs and Mutts for the hope of new figs anymore.

Ji'dai
08-04-2008, 07:06 PM
I saw the Deluxe Cairo Thugs 2-pack and the role-play sword at WM this evening. No sign of the Mutt on motorcycle pack. I wasn't impressed with eyes on the four Thug sets I looked at so I passed for now.

JediTricks
08-04-2008, 11:24 PM
Oh, Tycho and I found the Mutt w/ Bike set at Target during Comic-Con. The goggles on Mutt are even worse in person, and I was low on funds, so I passed.

Seen a few of those thug swordsman 2packs lately, and the paint on the eyes is horrendous.

figrin bran
08-05-2008, 01:15 AM
has anyone recieved there Crystal Skeletons yet. i placed an order for 3 of them back in May and the checks were cashed by the end of May and no word yet. was just wondering if anyone's has arrived and when I might see some boxes sitting on my stoop.

My checks (I sent away for 2 skeletons) were cashed but have not received any of them yet.

sebillba
08-05-2008, 03:33 AM
I've been searching out this month's Indy Q&As.... so far these are all I've found - anyone seen any others?

IndianaJonesCollectors: Recently a Indiana Jones "tank" with 3 figures appeared in the ToysRus computer, would this be the tank from the last crusade?

Hasbro: It is the Jungle Cutter with three existing figures - an exclusive for later in the Fall.

IJC: Marcus Brody is a pretty important character in the Indiana Jones lore, will we be seeing a 3.75 inch figure of him in 2009?

H: It's unlikely that we'll get to a Marcus Brody figure.

IJC: Will we be seeing an ARK Ghost in the 3.75" figure lineup?

H: No plans for an Ark ghost in the lineup. It's a great idea for a future Deluxe-type item, but we have no plans for it right now. (Very odd considering they'd already confirmed this for a deluxe set in a previous Q&A.)

Well of the Souls:

Q: Will there be another KOTCS wave for the DVD release?... Ray Winstone's character and Marion seem noticably absent. (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

A: There will not be another wave of figures for this year. The next wave will be a Raiders wave in early 2009.

Q: Any chance for Short Round's car or any of aircraft used in the films? How about the elephants? (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

A: We'd like to do at least one of those if we can.

Q: Can you give us any info about any characters that are being looked at for 09 yet? How about a 3 3/4" Ark Ghost seeing as how the Adventure Heroes line has one?. Or Lao Che and his sons, from the Temple of Doom? Vogel in black uniform? Indy in German disguise (from Raiders OR Last Crusade)? Donovan? German Mechanic? (http://javascript<b></b>:;)

A: By now you have seen the Raiders line we debuted at Comic Con that has two of your selections in there. We expect the Raiders wave out in early 2009. As far as other figures go, it's too early to discuss any more beyond that.

TNI: With the Indiana Jones movie come and gone now, will it be difficult to keep retailers interested in stocking this line with nothing like a movie promoting it externally? Already readers are complaining that the Last Crusade wave is next to impossible to find. Is Hasbro taking steps to address this and can they insure consumers that both the Last Crusade and Temple of Doom figures will see as good a distribution as the Raiders and Crystal Skull waves did?

Hasbro: Like with Star Wars (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13311#), we do our best to forecast ahead of time what the right mix will be, but once we have started shipping figures there is little we can do to control the mix at the store level, and it is really up to the consumer response to direct the sell-through (i.e. whether there are enough kids to take away all the extra Indy figures, enough collectors to pull through the secondary characters, etc). When new waves come in we do prioritize shipping, so that is one way we control what goes out to stores, but overall, when stores replenish depends on consumer takeaway. We are not shorting the figures from either the Last Crusade or Temple of Doom waves, but how fast they get out there to stores depends on the store-level sell-through of IJ figures, when stores need another shipment, and what wave is scheduled to ship at the time.

TNI: Any thought of doing some type of deluxe 3 3/4" ARK toy that lights up or has sounds. Something the really re-creates the opening of the Ark scene from the first movie?

Hasbro: That's an interesting idea, but we have no plans to do another 3-3/4" Ark.

TNI: Will we see a Marcus Brody figure released?

Hasbro: It's unlikely that we'll get to him.

So it all seems like doom and gloom for the line, although Well of the Souls (http://www.wellofthesouls.com/index.php)have also reported this:

New Items in WalMart Computers

Forum reader Jim Abell sends this new information from Wal Mart's computer system:

Here's a few items I found digging through the Walmart system, granted the ROTLA wave was shown during the SDCC presentation, but the rest of these haven't been "confirmed" anywhere that I've seen. The numbers at the end are the actual Hasbro product numbers which I've included more for anyone who wants to "authenticate" this list...

2009 Basic Figures Wave 1: Raiders of the Lost Ark
6-53569-37906 - Indiana Jones (German disguise) (40656)
6-53569-37907 - Marion Ravenwood (Well of the Souls) (40657)
6-53569-37908 - German Mechanic (40658 )
6-53569-37909 - Arnold Toht (40659)
6-53569-37910 - Satipo (48460)

3 3/4" Vehicles (yes, these are 3 3/4" and not Titanium, the price point is the $20 mark)
6-53569-38618 - Duck (89677)
6-53569-38619 - Flying Wing (89678 )

Mighty Muggs (sorry, no numbers as this line doesn't interest me that much, but I can find them if you guys want them...)
Young Indy
Satipo w/ spider(s)

Adventure Heroes (I've left the listings as found because I really don't know how to translate all of them)
6-53569-37916 - IJ INDY TOMB OF SI (89751)
6-53569-37917 - IJ MUTT MOTORCYCLE (89752)
6-53569-37918 - IJ INDY W/RPG RUSS (89753)
6-53569-37919 - IJ DOVCHENKO CEMET (89754)

Now just because they're in a retailers system doesn't mean that they're actually going to happen, it just means that the items are far enough in planning to be included on sell-sheets sent to retailers. I really hope that product will clear out before the end of the year so that the line can have a better chance of continuing...

Ji'dai
08-05-2008, 09:10 AM
I haven't received any of the mail-aways yet, though I didn't get the forms mailed until last month.

I did get a shipping notice from HTS yesterday on the 2 each Henry, Vogel, and Elsa I ordered back on July 3. I already received the 2 Grail Knights so that finally completes my order.

Strange about Hasbro's contradictory response about the Ark Ghost. Disappointing too.

With only two waves left to be released this year, I'm not really worried about finding them. This time last year I was wondering if the six remaining waves (4, 5, 6, 7, 7.5, & 8) of Star Wars TAC figs would ever be released before the end of the year or if retailers would even carry them.

sebillba
08-06-2008, 09:26 AM
RS/CTR now have their Q&A up:

Cool Toy Review: Will you be revising your case distributions to make Dr. Henry Jones easier to find and get the wave 1 and 2 figures out of the wave 3 cases (they are overflowing the displays at 4 local Targets, 1 ToysRUs, 3 Meijers, and 6 WalMarts)?

Hasbro: We are using the same ratio management (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Hasbros_INDIANA_JONES_QA_The_Answers_115883.asp#) techniques we use for Star Wars, that is producing balanced case packs that appeal to both kids and collectors, and as such we will not be redoing the case pack ratios on IJ.

The challenge with IJ is that kids *only* want and care about Indiana Jones, Mutt, and some of the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull figures - the secondary characters from the previous films are only interesting to collectors. If we produced case packs just focused on The Last Crusade or Temple of Doom, we would be giving the waves too narrow a focus.

Likewise, if we just catered to kids, there would be very few secondary characters. The continued success of the Indy line is predicated upon both kids and collectors remaining engaged; we need both of them in the numbers we originally forecast for the line to be a success and continue forward.

Cool Toy Review: What are the chances of seeing a Circus Train set from the Last Crusade in the Titanium line, perhaps as an exclusive? I was also wondering if there will be anything from the Temple of Doom in the Titanium line? It was left out of the first waves, but I also don't see many options from the film so I was wondering what possibilities there might be.

Hasbro: The Titanium Series line will be done after the 8 vehicles. It's an expensive line for us to do on a relatively smaller brand like Indy, so we will be doing the lineup shown and then rest the line in the hopes we can re-launch with an Indy V someday.

Cool Toy Review: Do you have plans to make a Marcus Brody figure in 2009?

Hasbro: It's unlikely that we'll get to a Marcus Brody figure.

Ji'dai
08-07-2008, 11:36 AM
At first glance, I thought I'd found the Temple of Akator playset at WM today! The box was big enough, but turns out it was the Indiana Jones Adventure Playset with die-cast cars, plastic track, and a huge temple with a big dark blue translucent electronic skull with articulated mouth.

I had no idea this was coming out. It's like those Matchbox theme playsets, but only bigger.

Droid
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
The fact that they are saying it is unlikely they will "get to" a Marcus figure to me says they already know the line won't continue past the Raiders wave shown on Comic Con.

TheDarthVader
08-07-2008, 04:00 PM
IJ will be dead. I hate to say that. Buy the figures you like now because it will not be too long before this line is dead. I was planning on getting many of these IJ figures, but after seeing the crappy sculpts and paint jobs I ended up getting one or two figures, three 12" figures, and three deluxe figures. Is is not the collectors or kids fault, it is Hasbro's fault for trying to push these crappy figures on us. So of the wave 2 figures look really good, but it is too late. I will probably get about 6 from that wave.

On another note, I am surprised that no one has commented on the fact that titanium is going to die quickly. This line was more impressive overall, IMO. Eight vehicles and ploop...dead. WOW. That was really fast.

Beast
08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Honestly, I didn't expect them to do many vehicles in Titaniums anyway.

There's not really that many to do that are really Iconic to the series.

Old Fossil
08-07-2008, 06:57 PM
IJ will be dead. I hate to say that. Buy the figures you like now because it will not be too long before this line is dead. I was planning on getting many of these IJ figures, but after seeing the crappy sculpts and paint jobs I ended up getting one or two figures, three 12" figures, and three deluxe figures. Is is not the collectors or kids fault, it is Hasbro's fault for trying to push these crappy figures on us. So of the wave 2 figures look really good, but it is too late. I will probably get about 6 from that wave.

On another note, I am surprised that no one has commented on the fact that titanium is going to die quickly. This line was more impressive overall, IMO. Eight vehicles and ploop...dead. WOW. That was really fast.

Yup. They'll be clearanced out quickly after Christmas, and that will be that. I don't even expect to see the TOD wave anywhere. I only hope to be able to pick up a decent Vogel, Elsa, and young Indy at retail before the line is gone.

The only hope is that collectors around the country start army-building Ceremonial Belloq's. Then we might see other waves.

jedibear
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Went back to my local WM today and was pleasantly surprised to see the LC wave again...they must have received just one case. I got the one Colonel Vogel, Elsa Schneider and Henry Jones that they had. All of them look petty good...it's like the paint app quality finally made it up to the level of the good sculpts. Got openers of Grail Knight and Young Indy too. Really like the Grail Knight...just looks really good...especially that chain mail.

Just when this line really gets going and with more great figure possibilities out there....bam! It's gonna be over. I hope to at least see the TOD wave before the line totally disappears...

sebillba
08-08-2008, 07:16 AM
The Crystal Skeletons are starting to show up!! :D My first one has just arrived.... I'm at work right now, so not actually seen it yet, but I know it's there waiting for me!! Apparently though, the UK ones are just in a plain white mailer box, no crate..... still, we didn't have to pay for ours, so I'm not complaining!

Ji'dai
08-09-2008, 10:32 AM
I got my bank statement yesterday and my Crystal Skeleton checks have been cashed.

My TRU raised IJ basic figure prices to $7.99, same as SW figs. I didn't think to look at the Deluxe prices. I won't be buying figures there any more.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-09-2008, 03:29 PM
To my surprise, I found two pack of Cairo thugs today at work! Two of them; I snagged one! :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
08-09-2008, 11:55 PM
How are the eyes on your thugs, JMG? I saw four of them today and everyone of them sucked.

I did come across 2-3 cases of the Last Crusade wave at WM today. This store, located in a small town/market, didn't carry the line until recently though. It was kinda nice to see new figures actually outnumber the old ones for a change. I think the LC case assortment includes Mutt, fertility idol Indy, and RPG Indy but they were in the minority.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-10-2008, 04:25 PM
How are the eyes on your thugs, JMG? I saw four of them today and everyone of them sucked.

The eyes on mine are pretty solid; out of the two, I grabbed the one that had the better eyes. I'm pretty pleased with them. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-10-2008, 11:03 PM
This line is dead after the TOD wave. And what kind of pacing is that, LC, TOD... 2009???

jedibear
08-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Man, I hope not! But I won't be surprised.
Had some fun snapping a shot of the grail Knight this weekend...really like this figure a lot....
Also picked up the first issue of the DH comic "Temple of the Gods"...pretty good so far...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2008, 12:45 AM
I saw the Mutt with motorcycle and Cairo thugs sets yesterday at a Target. I would have gotten the Mutt set if not for those idiotic sunglasses.

evenflow
08-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Still waiting for my skeleton. I got the Ark 2weeks ago. Saw the Cairo thugs at walmart but Mutt was gone.

Tenric78
08-11-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm ****ed that they haven't cleared out all the garbage figs yet so I can get maybe a chance of ever seeing new waves of figures. I saw a young IJ once and I passed him up because I thought I'd see more of them later. Guess what? Haven't seen a new IJ figure in months.

Beast
08-11-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm ****ed that they haven't cleared out all the garbage figs yet so I can get maybe a chance of ever seeing new waves of figures. I saw a young IJ once and I passed him up because I thought I'd see more of them later. Guess what? Haven't seen a new IJ figure in months.
Saw a bunch of the LC figures at my Wal-Mart the other day.

Took my set and there was still plenty of everyone left. Keep looking.

Tenric78
08-11-2008, 07:06 PM
I'll take your word for it. Around here every peg hook in all the stores I go to are full of the first wave of figures. There's not any room for any new figures at all.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2008, 02:54 PM
After (finally) looking at Comic-Con Indy pictures, I think I'll get that KOTCS five-pack from Target and maybe the ROTLA one. They should have just released the entire line like this, since I'd rather get five figures for $20 than one figure for $8. :D

RUSHBOY
08-12-2008, 03:01 PM
After (finally) looking at Comic-Con Indy pictures, I think I'll get that KOTCS five-pack from Target and maybe the ROTLA one. They should have just released the entire line like this, since I'd rather get five figures for $20 than one figure for $8. :D

That sounds cool, what figures are in the 5 packs and got any pics ?
:thumbsup:

Ji'dai
08-12-2008, 03:35 PM
After (finally) looking at Comic-Con Indy pictures, I think I'll get that KOTCS five-pack from Target and maybe the ROTLA one. They should have just released the entire line like this, since I'd rather get five figures for $20 than one figure for $8. :D That's the way I feel about the GI Joe line. The figure packs are a great deal over the basic line if you don't have the figures in them.

But eventually it becomes like Star Wars where multipacks have one figure I really want and four others I already have six times over.

RUSHBOY
08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
I hope they make a TOD five pack with short round in there, that would be sweet !! :whip:

defiant00
08-12-2008, 04:00 PM
I still haven't seen any of the LC wave in SWFL, but I got fed up with it and just ordered a case a few weeks ago. I am definitely going to plan to do the same with the next two waves, because I think it's correct that those waves are going to be nigh impossible to find in the stores. Bummer....

My crystal skeletons have not arrived yet, but the checks were cashed awhile ago, so hopefully soon...

On a positive note, I have to say that I think the Henry Jones Sr. figure is one of my favorites ever. The likeness is uncanny, his hat and glasses come off, and you can even pull the umbrella out of his briefcase! I was worried they would have the grail diary molded to his hand like the Crystal Skull from the KOTCS Indy was, but it's not, and when he's standing, the diary actually stays in his hand.

JediTricks
08-12-2008, 11:26 PM
When I see the Mutt Dlx figure again, I'm gonna buy it, because that's the only chance I'll have to get my Star Wars figures on a Harley. :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2008, 04:15 PM
That sounds cool, what figures are in the 5 packs and got any pics ?
:thumbsup:
Here's (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC08/Hasbro/IndianaJones/) the Comic-Con pictures. The packs are Jungle Chase (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC08/Hasbro/IndianaJones/image31.asp), which has Mutt, Irina, KOTCS Indy, Dovchenko, and a Russian Soldier; Cairo Ambush (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC08/Hasbro/IndianaJones/image107.asp), which has Monkey Man, the Indy with the action feature, Marion, and two thugs; and Tank Showdown (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/SDCC08/Hasbro/IndianaJones/image108.asp), which is Henry Sr., Indy (who sort of looks kitbashed), Vogel, and two German soldiers. There are also two Wal-Mart packs on there, which are similar good deals, but I like the overall presentation of the Target sets better.

Old Fossil
08-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Finally found the Last Crusade wave again this morning at WM, after not seeing them since around June. Paint apps seem to be improving, though I had to do some searching to find a good Colonel Vogel, and even the best example still had some black paint from the gloves dabbed onto his cuffs. (Interestingly, he was packaged with his waist/legs turned completely backwards. Guess it was to fit the packaging...) Vogel has no wrist articulation, unfortunately, so cannot really hold his baton in both hands like I imagined. Still a pretty good-looking, well-executed figure.

Oh, and Elsa is hottt!

Ji'dai
08-14-2008, 12:08 PM
When I see the Mutt Dlx figure again, I'm gonna buy it, because that's the only chance I'll have to get my Star Wars figures on a Harley. :p What, you don't have a complete collection of Star Wars Custom Choppers? :shocked: :razz:

Oh, and Elsa is hottt! Jawohl!

JediTricks
08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
Wrong scale.

TheRealDubya
08-18-2008, 01:02 PM
Based on the Q&A's from last Friday, the future of this line looks grim. Huge bummer.

Old Fossil
08-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Based on the Q&A's from last Friday, the future of this line looks grim. Huge bummer.

I know. And just when I was beginning to have some fun with it.

figrin bran
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
I received my 2 Crystal Skeleton figures today!

The mailer box that they come in has printed graphics to make it look like the relic crates. Beware though as it is not taped shut in any way. Once you open the tabs, you'll find the figure on a large bubble that fits the shape of the box. The figure itself is quite tall, taller than even concept Chewie, I think.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I got mine today! The box is friggin' cool in how it is designed and I really dig the figure itself. There are some poppin' up on e-bay too; if i had more $$, i'd buy an entire set of these bad boys! :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
08-19-2008, 05:08 PM
got my 3 skeletons today as well as finding a Henry Jones Sr figure and young Indy figure. all in all a good day.

cookiemonster
08-19-2008, 05:59 PM
Its a shame these are in the Death Throws at the min, I hope they can last until 2010, then we might get a few more cool figures out of this, but when they say no marcus brody - then it aint looking to good, for the more obscure characters.

defiant00
08-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I got my Crystal Skeletons! I have to say, Hasbro did one hell of a job on the articulation, seeing as how they're, well, skeletons!! The packaging was cool, but both of mine got a little crushed in transit. I was kinda hoping the "crate" box would have been packed inside a more durable box...
I also finally broke down and bought the deluxe Indy with Ark set. I'm a bit surprised that the feet and the angels are rubber...

DarkArtist
08-24-2008, 06:13 PM
I got my Crystal Skeletons! I have to say, Hasbro did one hell of a job on the articulation, seeing as how they're, well, skeletons!! The packaging was cool, but both of mine got a little crushed in transit. I was kinda hoping the "crate" box would have been packed inside a more durable box...
I also finally broke down and bought the deluxe Indy with Ark set. I'm a bit surprised that the feet and the angels are rubber...

i was hoping that the figure was also going to come with an extra Cargo box for those of us trying to build up a Area 51 diorama but no luck. each of my boxes were so dented beyond reapir that they are currently living in the dumpster behind my apartment.

Jayspawn
08-24-2008, 07:18 PM
The future for these is not good. I think an Exclusive Marcus/Sallah Last Crusade set would be sweet! I really hope we get the Last Crusade Tank before the line caves.

RooJay
08-26-2008, 01:30 AM
I hope the line doesn't end at all. Even in spite of a lot of what I hear around these forums, I go to all of my usual retailers and I still notice the stock of Indy toys steadily decreasing week after week. The Target nearest my house is down to barely a dozen figures, the TRU next door has fewer than twenty figures on shelf (precisely eighteen as of my last count) and out of the four other Target stores, and four Wal-Marts that I frequent weekly the situation is much the same. Coupled with the fact that the Last Crusade wave is still impossible to locate in my area, I'm still hopeful that we're seeing with this line is nothing more than a distribution problem.

Blue2th
08-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Think I'll send off for my Crystal Skeleton figure today. Hope I'm not too late.

Beast
08-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Think I'll send off for my Crystal Skeleton figure today. Hope I'm not too late.
The offer got extended til near the end of the year if I recall correctly.

Blue2th
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
The offer got extended til near the end of the year if I recall correctly.

Well that's good news. I was noticing on the mail-in offer to have it postmarked by October 31st.

I had 3 mail-in offers almost filled up, so I just went down to Walmart today and picked up 3 more figures I didn't have, Irina Spalko, Ugha Warrior, and KOTCS Indy, so I can fill out 3 complete forms.
That's without any repeat figures!
I still haven't bought the Cemetary Warrior, any Mutt Williams figs (there are two) and KOTCS Indy with rocket launcher.
I suppose I could get those, then get 2 Russian soldiers, and one extra German soldier, that would be 6 stickers and I'd have enough for four skeletons.
I was kinda hoping to get the TOD figures though.
Hmm, decisions decisions.

So, question: Is that $5.99 per figure or $5.99 total? (it doesn't say) and do you have to send each mail-in form separately? And is there a limit on how many skeletons you can get? (again it doesn't say)

Ji'dai
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
So, question: Is that $5.99 per figure or $5.99 total? (it doesn't say) and do you have to send each mail-in form separately? And is there a limit on how many skeletons you can get? (again it doesn't say) It's $5.99 and one completed redemption form per figure. I ordered four skeletons and sent my forms/checks in four separate envelopes. There's no limit on the number of skeletons per person. Since Hasbro extended the offer through the end of the year, I suspect they have plenty of the mail-away premiums.

I got my Adventure Heroes Indy with horse yesterday. The box was crushed unfortunately. The horse is much bigger than I thought it was going to be though.

Blue2th
08-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks, that's kinda what I thought (it's sort of obvious :cross-eye) just wanted to be sure.
I'll just send them off like you did Ji'dai, individually.
Ready to send at least 3 off tomorrow. I'll wait till there is at least one more wave beyond the Last Crusade figs hopefully to get any more.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-29-2008, 05:52 PM
FINALLY found Mutt Williams and the motorcycle today! Glad to find it and wally world i was at had two, so i was able to snag the better one!! I guess that's all for the deluxe line for now?

and it seems like the extra figures are thining out in my area as well; i saw a lot of LC figures on the shelves today at both WM and TRU. Maybe things are looking up for this line. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
08-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Still no sign of the Mutt/motorcycle pack here. One local WM did lower prices of the basic figures to $5.98, or thirty-cents higher than the pegwarming GI Joe figures.

Based on his post in the August Hauls thread, I see that figrin bran found the Temple of Doom Adventure Heroes. I've been watching for them too. I still need the KotCS ones.

RooJay
08-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention that I had also found the TOD Adventure Heroes last weekend! Keep your eyes peeled if you want them.
I had been wondering how they were going to do Mola Ram in this line, but I notice that instead of a flaming heart in his hand he appears to be simply holding a flame. I do give them props for actually including that at all! Although Short Round does seem to e missing the spike that he's so obviously supposed to be holding to jab into the Indy Voodoo doll - his hand is sculpted to hold one, and I seem to recall having seen this on the prototype but looks not to have made it into production.

LTBasker
08-30-2008, 02:10 PM
A local Wal-Mart had a huge endcap set up with about 42 pegs on it, all full of Indy figures. Unfortunately, none of them seemed to be regular Crusade cases, but rather assortments of Crystal Skull/Raiders with Henry Jones, Young Indy and Crusade Indy mixed into them. The good news, at least, is that Henry seemed to be 2 to a case for these assortments, the bad news is that there was no sign of the Grail Knight, Elsa, or the German Officer that I can never remember the name of.

Ji'dai
08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
This morning I picked up a 12" Cairo Swordsman. Still need to get one more 12" to send away for the Ark.

I finally came across two Mutt with motorcycle deluxes this evening at WM. I bought both, but the figures have brown paint smears on the face. The bike is pretty rad.

Also saw Henry Sr. and the two LC Indys at this store too. They were up on the top shelf so I didn't check to see if they had Elsa, Vogel, or the Knight.

Also received my Crystal Skeletons I sent away for back in July. Sure was nice of Hasbro to send me five of them, as I only sent in four redemption forms.

jediguy
08-31-2008, 06:49 AM
my crystal skeleton mail in figure arrived in a totally crushed box
I wasn't going to open it, but the box was so crushed that it all of the tape was broken and the box was open
they had those plastic wraps around the box, the kind that hold bundles of newspapers and magazines together

I was VERY disappointed
the box was 500% more beat up than any of my Captain Rex boxes

ugh

DarkArtist
08-31-2008, 09:28 AM
not sure if this has been posted already or not but both EE and Hasbrotoyshop.com are selling the German Cargo Truck with fabric canopy on their websites and the box has all new artwork. spotted the add in EE last night with there new catalog and this morning on HTS they have the truck for sale as well.

Engineernerd
08-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I may have to get the Truck with the fabric to replace my vintage one in this picture:

http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/tvftforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=189

LTBasker
08-31-2008, 07:35 PM
I feel sorry for that German Mechanic, he's got the world's worst wedgie.

Jayspawn
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Still no sign of Elsa, Vogel or the Grail Knight here in CO.

I'm glad that Vogel will at least be apart of a Target Exclusive set.

I really hope this line hangs in there, I think mixed character assortments would be the way to go ie:

Indy as German Officer (Last Crusade)
Sallah (Last Crusade)
Mac (Crystal Skull)
Toth (Raiders)
Belloq in white suite (Raiders)
Oxley (Crystal Skull)
Marion (Crystal Skull)
Marcus (as a mail-away Exclusive)

And for GOD SAKES Hasbro, make the Last Crusade Tank!!!

Tenric78
09-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Found young indy, no sign of any of the other Grail figures. I can't believe how badly this line was handled.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Jay, I saw the Grail Knight a while back at the Lafayette WM, IIRC. I would've picked it up for you if I'd known . . .

Jayspawn
09-04-2008, 12:20 AM
I appreciate the lookout. ;)

RooJay
09-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Finally got my Henry and Young Indy figures from Hasbro toy shop yesterday! It was tough going there for a bit as they've finally started showing up at retail, and I'd actually had to leave them on the pegs a few times while awaiting my shipment! I'm happy to report that I could scarcely imagine better paint apps on the ones they sent me at least. It appears that the initial problems seem to have largely cleared up.
On a side note: I notice that not one of the retailers in my area have more than a dozen and a half of any Indy figures on hand. Hopefully, the rest of the Last Crusade line will start showing up more often now.
Also of note: I was mildly surprised that the Cross of Coronado artifact actually features a little plastic Jesus! There was once a time when something like that never would have made it into a toy line. Kudos to Hasbro for their commitment to authenticity there!

JediTricks
09-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Haven't seen any of these figures locally, I only have the LC Indy from my trip to San Diego.

I wrote up a new question in our Q&A voting thread about why Hasbro claims Mutt is popular when he's been pegwarmer #1 for months.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-05-2008, 12:14 PM
finally found Dr Jones the other day, and got young indy from hasbro toy shop, still hadn't seen vogal, or elisa, i ordered a case of wave four because not finding these things sucks!!! Sheesh, i thought star wars were hard to track down, and yes mutt is the number one peg warmer, though monkey man isn't far behind him...

Ji'dai
09-05-2008, 07:50 PM
WMs here lowered prices on basic figs to 5.44, so I've been army building. I picked up nearly a dozen German Soldiers this week. Pegs are still packed here, but GI Joe figs easily outnumber the Indy pegwarmers.

Plus I saw the Akator Temple Playset with Indy & Ugha Warrior at TRU today. It was $40. Also spotted Mighty Muggs Monkey Man, Mutt, and Henry Sr. at WM.

The games are hitting clearance at some local WMs. I saw the Akator Temple Race Game and Indy Monopoly (which comes in a nice wooden crate and misprinted title deeds) for $15 each.

bigbarada
09-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Indy figures are down to $5.44 here as well. Probably not a good sign for the longevity of this toy line.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-05-2008, 11:40 PM
I saw young Indy for (I think?) the first time today, along with the TLC Indy, so at least they're still shipping. For God's sake, they need to keep shipping until I gets me my Short Round. :D

Did I mention in this thread that I want a Short Round? :p

bigbarada
09-05-2008, 11:48 PM
I might just pick up the Last Crusade wave, because I like the movie and the figures look pretty good. I also have a feeling that this will be it for the line.

If the Temple of Doom wave does ship, then it's likely to end up becoming super-rare.... maybe even 1985 POTF rare. So, I'll probably buy that wave too, if I ever see it.

bigbarada
09-06-2008, 01:34 AM
I just got back from Wal-Mart and was able to pick up the entire Last Crusade wave with no problems whatsoever. I even picked up a few extras. So I got an extra Elsa Schneider, Col. Vogel and Henry Jones Sr. for anyone here who is still looking for them.

I'm not really interested in trades, but I'll let them go for cost ($5.44) plus shipping.

The TLC Indy, Young Indy and Grail Knight seemed to be plentiful, so I didn't see any need to pick up extras of them.

RooJay
09-06-2008, 01:51 AM
Pegs are still packed here, but GI Joe figs easily outnumber the Indy pegwarmers.

If I may: any Major Bludd's hanging out around this magical, GI Joe overflowing land of wonder you live in? I'd like to help you clear some of those pegs there! I'd also be interested in Cobra Officers, Air Troopers, BATS, Snow Serpents, and Vipers, and I'd really like to find a basic (non-Tiger Force) Flint for my bro.

bigbarada
09-06-2008, 01:55 AM
If I may: any Major Bludd's hanging out around this magical, GI Joe overflowing land of wonder you live in? I'd like to help you clear some of those pegs there! I'd also be interested in Cobra Officers, Air Troopers, BATS, Snow Serpents, and Vipers, and I'd really like to find a basic (non-Tiger Force) Flint for my bro.

Vipers are pegwarming bad where I'm at. Nothing else on your list is very plentiful though.

El Chuxter
09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
RooJay: if you're willing to pay about $13 more, Major Bludd will be in one of the forthcoming DVD packs with a more cartoon-accurate paint scheme and three other figures. (I can't recall which set he's in.)

tagmac
09-06-2008, 12:24 PM
While I'm not collecting them, I happened to see a couple "Last Crusade" figs in WM this morning. Unfortunately, it was only Young Indy & Indy w/ Machine gun. No sign of the Grail Knight, Elsa, Vogel, or Henry, but having read that they were idiotically one per case, this didn't surprise me.

Ji'dai
09-06-2008, 05:24 PM
If I may: any Major Bludd's hanging out around this magical, GI Joe overflowing land of wonder you live in? I'd like to help you clear some of those pegs there! I'd also be interested in Cobra Officers, Air Troopers, BATS, Snow Serpents, and Vipers, and I'd really like to find a basic (non-Tiger Force) Flint for my bro. I haven't seen Major Bludd in awhile, but Chux is right, he will be included in the Pyramid of Darkness DVD Battle Pack, along with Quick-Kick, Cobra Commander, and Snake-Eyes. The only Flint I see regularly is the Tiger Force version. The BATS, Cobra Officers, and Snow Serpents don't last long enough to pegwarm.

There are a ton of Vipers, plus quite a few Air Troopers, Crimson Guards, and regular black-masked Cobra troopers. Snow Job, Spirit, and Duke with flag are common. The other WM I frequent is overloaded with Commando SE, Firefly, Vipers, Spirits, and several Zartans.

---

Back to Indiana Jones, I picked up four more German Soldiers today, plus a Cemetery Warrior and a Russian Soldier. Also bought the 12" talking Indy so now I can send away for the Ark.

Rocketboy
09-06-2008, 08:37 PM
I picked up Jones Sr. the other day, which was my second figure from the line after Raiders Indy, and James Bond is quite a bit taller than Han Solo.
Has the scale been an issue with this line?

jamesbondo07
09-06-2008, 09:23 PM
I haven't seen a new Indiana Jones figure in a long time. Wal-Mart has been overflowing with old figures. Target has been disapointing lately. There pegs are practically empty but they have not restocked them in a long time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2008, 09:30 PM
I picked up Jones Sr. the other day, which was my second figure from the line after Raiders Indy, and James Bond is quite a bit taller than Han Solo.
Has the scale been an issue with this line?
The giant Henry Sr. is the only problem I've heard about.

Rocketboy
09-06-2008, 11:17 PM
I see. Maybe I'll make old coot sit down which'll make him shorter looking.

Rik Duel
09-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Well Connery is a pretty big guy. I don't see how keeping the Indy figures going is so difficult when there are much more obscure movie toys being made all the time.

bigbarada
09-07-2008, 12:50 AM
I don't see how keeping the Indy figures going is so difficult when there are much more obscure movie toys being made all the time.

Which ones are those?

bigbarada
09-08-2008, 01:51 AM
Well, the extra Elsa and Vogel figures have been claimed and I actually decided to keep the extra Henry Sr. figure for an opener.

Of course, that's making it very hard for me to resist the urge to open the rest of the figures.

Dr. Jones Sr. is actually a really well made figure. My only complaints are that his hat should have been made of a softer, stretchier plastic, so it could fit on his head better. An additional umbrella in the open position would have been a nice accessory especially given the description on the back of his card. Finally, a little more range of motion in his joints would be nice, but that can probably be chalked up to arthritis.:D

Are these the first action figures produced for The Last Crusade? I'm pretty sure I would have remembered seeing figures back in 1989, especially considering how huge the marketing campaign was for this movie; but I don't remember there being a single toy based on this movie back then.

Ji'dai
09-08-2008, 09:30 PM
They are indeed the first Last Crusade toys. I remember a big Diet Coke promotion in '89 with a cool commercial that featured a guy's wife going through all these pitfalls to get a Coke from the fridge. I think that tv spot was included in the original DVD box set. There were lots of mail-away premiums too, but no toys.

figrin bran
09-08-2008, 10:17 PM
One of the WM's that I go to has lowered their prices on this line to $5.44. There were actually 2 Young Indy figs on the pegs so I got an extra one.

jediguy
09-09-2008, 12:18 AM
the Des Moines Iowa area is choking on Mutt

I have seen 2 Young Indy from Last Crusade, and absolutely nothing else new

methinks this line does not have much time left
I really wonder if the other movies will make it to the shelves

plasticfetish
09-09-2008, 01:18 AM
the Des Moines Iowa area is choking on MuttThere's a joke in there somewhere, but I'm not sure I want to find it. ;)

~~~~~~~~~~

I've had my eyes open for a Jones Sr. figure for ages now (the only one that I want other than the Indy figure that I have), but ALL of the stores around me are still loaded with the first batch of figures. (The Titaniums aren't moving either.)

Unless they decide to put an animated Indiana Jones show on Cartoon Network this fall, I don't see this line living much longer.

bigbarada
09-09-2008, 09:15 PM
They are indeed the first Last Crusade toys. I remember a big Diet Coke promotion in '89 with a cool commercial that featured a guy's wife going through all these pitfalls to get a Coke from the fridge. I think that tv spot was included in the original DVD box set. There were lots of mail-away premiums too, but no toys.

I remember that commercial! Although I always thought it was for Dr. Pepper.:o

I also remember having a huge crush on Alison Doody back then.:love: I was well aware of her before she starred in Indy 3, however, I just can't remember where I saw her. My brother used to collect Cosmopolitan and Vogue magazines for... uh,... artistic reference, ;) so I might have seen her in one of those.

Even with the price drop the figures still aren't moving that quick here. I know there is supposed to be a big push for the DVD release; but I'm betting that Hasbro will try to use the opportunity to unload existing figures, not start production on new figures.

RooJay
09-10-2008, 02:47 AM
RooJay: if you're willing to pay about $13 more, Major Bludd will be in one of the forthcoming DVD packs with a more cartoon-accurate paint scheme and three other figures. (I can't recall which set he's in.)

Oh I definitely plan on getting both versions! The one in the Extreme Conditions Desert set too!

Speaking of Henry Sr. - I do think he's a great figure, and even one of the better ones in what I think is an overall great line! I do wish his head weren't so bulbous, though. It seems to me like the top of his head is a bit too wide for Sean Connery. The hat might have even looked better if it were sculpted to fit a more appropriately sized dome. I'm also thinking of repainting my figures eyebrows to give them more of Connery's distinctivly arched look.

El Chuxter
09-10-2008, 09:41 AM
I was going to pass on the Extreme Conditions sets, but they come out to about $5 per figure after shipping and tax, which is cheaper than figures go for in stores. A lot of new types of Vipers, and saves me the trouble of getting extra Snow Serpents, too. :thumbsup:

Back to Indy: I've not seen a single trace of any Last Crusade figure anywhere around here. I worry more about my Short Round every day. :(

bigbarada
09-10-2008, 12:21 PM
The TLC figures are relatively plentiful over here, so if I start to see the Temple of Doom wave, I'll buy as many as I can to help you guys out.

Short Round would be the only figure that I would really want from that wave.

I know that the chances of the line continuing into 2009 are getting slimmer and slimmer everyday, but if it does continue I do have a want list for more Last Crusade figures that I would want to see:

Last Crusade:
1. Donovan with interchangeable heads (a normal head and an old, desiccated head) and the stone bowl that he dipped the false grail into.
2. Deluxe Young Indy with circus lion
3. Vogel's tank with Tank Driver
4. Marcus Brody
5. Deluxe Indy with Sir Richard's tomb and lots and lots of rats
6. Elsa in her library outfit with more rats
7. Sallah
8. Kazim - the Grail protector

Of course, we'll likely never see any of these.:cry: I think Donovan is the only really glaring omission from the current TLC wave. I actually would have preferred him instead of Young Indy, because Donovan at least has some context with the rest of the figures in this wave. Young Indy will forever be alone in this line, because it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see the "treasure hunter" that Indy gets his hat from or Indy's chubby boy scout buddy.

Ji'dai
09-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Since prices have fallen, I think I'm going to put together a set of basic figures to keep carded.

I'd like to have all the things bigb listed from Last Crusade, but I know it'll never happen. I'd buy the entire circus train if they made it.

I did see some generic military figures at Big Lots that have Indy applications. There are $3 sets that have a soldier mounted on either a horse or camel. The animals are articulated but aren't quite up to par with Hasbro's horse. I've been looking for an elephant toy that I could use for the TOD figures, but I've only seen this Fisher-Price one (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2466356). It's on the small side and would need a new paint job, but it would work for Short Round's baby elephant.

bigbarada
09-10-2008, 09:24 PM
Since prices have fallen, I think I'm going to put together a set of basic figures to keep carded.

I've been thinking about doing that too, but the first wave around here is still suffering from horrid paint applications and wave 2 is the Crystal Skull wave and I have little to no interest in that one.

For now, I'll just focus on Wave 3 (there are still paint issues with a few of them - primarily Elsa - and I'll be on the lookout for better versions of her) and whatever comes out afterwards... if anything.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Remember how Hasbro confirmed that their Comic-Con GI Joe Cobra figure had a body that they were going to use for Donovan? I suppose that won't happen now, but I suppose if you really felt like it you could put General Veers' head onto Cobra's body and have Donovan with a little Imperial hat! :D

bigbarada
09-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Remember how Hasbro confirmed that their Comic-Con GI Joe Cobra figure had a body that they were going to use for Donovan? I suppose that won't happen now, but I suppose if you really felt like it you could put General Veers' head onto Cobra's body and have Donovan with a little Imperial hat! :D

Well the packaging says that you can collect all of those little relic stickers and send them in for an exclusive figure. Did Hasbro ever say who that exclusive figure would be? Could it be Donovan?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Well the packaging says that you can collect all of those little relic stickers and send them in for an exclusive figure. Did Hasbro ever say who that exclusive figure would be? Could it be Donovan?
Are you talking about the crystal skeleton mail-away?

bigbarada
09-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Are you talking about the crystal skeleton mail-away?

I guess so, I was hoping each wave would get it's own movie-specific figure, but I should have known it was for the skeleton. I'm not going to worry about it then.

RooJay
09-11-2008, 03:28 AM
I think Donovan is the only really glaring omission from the current TLC wave. I actually would have preferred him instead of Young Indy, because Donovan at least has some context with the rest of the figures in this wave. Young Indy will forever be alone in this line, because it's highly unlikely that we'll ever see the "treasure hunter" that Indy gets his hat from or Indy's chubby boy scout buddy.

Hasbro confirmed in one of the Q&As a while back that the SDCC Cobra Commander actually uses the body they have sculpted for Donovan. Surely the tooling exists for the entire figure, and if you folks are as wrong about the Indy line as I truly believe you are, we should be expecting him sometime next year.

sebillba
09-11-2008, 04:14 AM
They've since admitted they made a mistake, and actually meant the Cobra Commander body was intended for Toht, not Donovan. Toht has been previewed at SDCC, but the whole of the 2009 Raiders wave is in the balance now, and it's release depends upon how well all the Mutts sell to kids over Christmas. :rolleyes:

Rik Duel
09-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Oh man, that sucks. Well what kind of success level are they looking for anyway? The figures are getting so good too. It might be enough to make me stop buying Star Wars if they can't even be bothered to be classy about ending the Indy line. (like doing a few more quality figures instead of saying "hey nerds you're out of luck because kids don't want toys from the 30s and 50s. How could we have foreseen that?"

bigbarada
09-11-2008, 11:59 AM
As if Indy fans didn't have enough reasons to hate Mutt. lol

He's actually not doing too bad over here. I think I've only seen 4 or 5 Mutt Williams figures total. It's the two old-man Indy figures from the Crystal Skull that are pegwarming the worst here. But kids have been the primary buyers of toys where I'm at, so that would make my finds at the Super Wal-Mart consistent with Hasbro's claims that Mutt is the most popular figure.

So are there photos of this 2009 Raiders wave? Who was in it?

bigbarada
09-11-2008, 12:11 PM
As if Indy fans didn't have enough reasons to hate Mutt. lol

He's actually not doing too bad over here. I think I've only seen 4 or 5 Mutt Williams figures total. It's the two old-man Indy figures from the Crystal Skull that are pegwarming the worst here. But kids have been the primary buyers of toys where I'm at, so that would make my finds at the Super Wal-Mart consistent with Hasbro's claims that Mutt is the most popular figure.

pbarnard
09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Mutt is pegwarming here worse than Jerrjerrod and Episode 3 Mon Mothma and Preggers Padme together.

On a happy note, I did get my Crystal Skeleton and Throne figure. The box, which is pretty much just like the pack in boxes, was beaten to high hell. Now if I can just find the right way to display it so all the ambient and non ambient light catches it.

sebillba
09-11-2008, 02:11 PM

You not seen these BigB? I would be quite happy for the Indy line to have a relatively short run, I don't want it going on forever like SW, but I'll be so gutted if we don't get these.

bigbarada
09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
You not seen these BigB? I would be quite happy for the Indy line to have a relatively short run, I don't want it going on forever like SW, but I'll be so gutted if we don't get these.

Well, I wasn't paying attention to Indy stuff for a while there because Crystal Skull was such a turn off for me. However, the Henry Jones Sr. figure helped me to remember how much I enjoyed the first three films.

I'm hoping that since these prototypes exist, then Hasbro's going to try to get them out there even in super limited numbers. I know one thing though, I'm buying every new figure from the ToD wave and this wave, if we ever see them on the shelves. I'm pretty sure this will be the end of the line for Indy toys.

I'm sure you could compare the current "Mutt glut" to the 1996 SOTE disaster; but Indiana Jones is not Star Wars, so I don't think it's going to survive.

RooJay
09-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Anyone else ever notice in Raiders that Indy calls Alfred Molina's character "Sapito"/[i] even though in the script as well as the captioning and pretty much all other licensed material his name is [i]Satipo?

JediTricks
09-12-2008, 03:32 AM
I believe I read somewhere that Harrison Ford couldn't pronounce the name properly, so they changed it to accommodate him.

sebillba
09-12-2008, 03:48 AM
I wondered if it might be one of HF's little jokey ad-libs, ie, calling him a sap.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-12-2008, 07:50 AM

Sheesh they gotta make these. At least finish up the ARC.

Ji'dai
09-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Anyone else ever notice in Raiders that Indy calls Alfred Molina's character "Sapito"/[i] even though in the script as well as the captioning and pretty much all other licensed material his name is [i]Satipo? I've always called him "Sapito" for as long as I can remember. I don't think I'll ever get used to using the name "Satipo" instead.

Maybe Hasbro will release the '09 Raiders wave before Christmas. Even if it's a just a trickle, word of those finds would spur most collectors into stores in droves, which would make retailers happy and might induce them to order more Indy product.

Lobito
09-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Its Sapito, at that time in the movie, they are in Peru. They speak spanish in Peru, and "Satipo" is not a name or nickname, as a matter of fact its meaningless in spanish, but Sapito as Indiana calls him, does mean something...

Sapo is Toad, Sapito would be "Toady" or little Toad...

On other subject, its a shame this line will get cancelled so quick, i expected it to last at least 3 years to get the most important figures of every film.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2008, 10:35 PM
I saw a bunch of figures at WM today for $5 and some change. I might actually get a few more at that price, but space is an issue. I'm still waiting for those Target battle packs and might get some figures to go around those scenes (the Cairo swordsman, etc.). But I bet we'll see these figures go to clearance . . .

jonthejedi
09-14-2008, 06:18 AM
Starting to see wave 3 popping up more & more at WalMart.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-14-2008, 06:55 PM
spotted the temple of akator at TRU today. It looked nifty........not 40 bucks nifty. I'm a MOC completist guy, so i don't know if i'll be buying this. Probably not.....unless it's discounted.

jonthejedi
09-15-2008, 03:53 AM
I spotted this too, at TRU, over the w/e & passed. C'mon, it's Mustafar with vines!

Devo
09-15-2008, 10:24 AM
I also remember having a huge crush on Alison Doody back then.:love:

I went to school with her cousin. Not that thats much of a boast - its not like this enabled me to ever meet her, I was only an acquaintance of the guy.

DarkArtist
09-15-2008, 11:46 AM
i noticed that HTS removed the pictures for the Grail Knight, Vogel, Elsha and Henry Jones from their website. i was hoping to catch them and order them since i can't seem to find them anywhere in NJ. oh well. looks like i'll have to resort to Ebay, unless anyone here can find some in there stores. will be willing to trade or send out a money order for the cost of the figures and any shipping.

sebillba
09-16-2008, 04:37 AM
Well if this (http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/61850.shtml) news is reliable, the Indy line really is dead:

"From my Hasbro insider: No new Indiana Jones past Temple of Doom wave........Toht and the rest have all been shelved. Expect an announcement in Toyfare's next issue that
makes it formal."

For Hasbro to dangle the second ROTLA wave under our noses, and then pull the plug on them is the suckiest thing they've ever done.

:upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry:

pbarnard
09-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Well if this (http://www.toymania.com/toybuzz/messages/61850.shtml) news is reliable, the Indy line really is dead:

"From my Hasbro insider: No new Indiana Jones past Temple of Doom wave........Toht and the rest have all been shelved. Expect an announcement in Toyfare's next issue that
makes it formal."

For Hasbro to dangle the second ROTLA wave under our noses, and then pull the plug on them is the suckiest thing they've ever done.

They'd done it before in other lines, and probably have learned from their mistakes they can't just make it all exclusive to feed people's needs. Of course, they could clearance them all out at their site, but don't hold your breath. It took 2 years, iirc, for the infamous Wave 4 DTC GI Joes to be released as an exclusive thorugh the Collector's Club after the line was cancelled.

Droid
09-16-2008, 10:22 AM
I hope I can fine TOD and TLC Adventure Heroes and the TOD basic wave before the plug is pulled, but finding Henry Sr. was pretty hard so I won't get my hopes up.

I sure would have liked a Short Round.

bigbarada
09-16-2008, 01:23 PM

makes it formal."

:upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry: :upset: :frus: :mad: :cry:

That's the way these cancellations always happen. There're always new figures in the pipeline that get shelved before ever seeing the light of day. Yak Face and the Jedi Robes Luke Skywalker would be good examples from the vintage line.

Now I know to keep my eyes peeled for the ToD wave and buy up whichever ones I can. I'm sure we'll see them about the time of the DVD release.

I picked up an entire set of wave 3 at Wal-Mart about a week ago and decided to list them on Ebay. Of course, the tough question is how do you set the starting bid to draw in bidders and to keep from screwing yourself over?

I've been eaten alive on shipping way too many times. Just today I mailed out some figures that I thought were only going to cost me $7-8 to ship and walked out having spent $17.17 in postage. That's not including the money I paid for the boxes (about $5.50 for all four of them) and PayPal fees.

The sad thing about it was that three of the four items I sold ended at a couple of dollars below what they cost at retail last year (in case you're wondering, they were a TAC UGH Vader, UGH Han and Hermi Odle and they all sold for $4.99 each with $3.00 shipping). Fortunately, the other auction was for loose Elsa Schneider and Grail Knight figures and the ended at about $11.50 each (my starting bid was $0.99), so that helped to offset my losses on the other three figures.

So I decided that I'm can't continue to bleed money just to offer fellow collectors a deal, so I calculated my starting bid like so:

Indy wave 3, set of 6 carded figures - $5.44 each, TOTAL=$32.64
+ Illinois Sales Tax (6.750%) = $2.20, TOTAL=$34.84
+ PayPal fees ($0.62 for every $10) = about $2.17, TOTAL=$37.01
+ box = about $2, TOTAL=$39.01

So I did my starting bid at $39.99 plus shipping that is calculated by location, to make sure that I at least break even on this auction. Because I can take these figures back to Wal-Mart right now and get exactly $34.84 back, so it makes no sense to put these on Ebay and lose money on them.

However, seeing what other sellers are setting their starting bid at for wave 3, I think I am offering a pretty good deal without hurting myself financially.

Last I checked the auction was currently at $46 so I think these will do alright. That's still well below what many of the scalpers have set their starting bids and Buy It Now prices at, but I'm interested to see what the marketplace determines the value of the figures are. If I could make back twice what I paid for these figures, then I'll be happy.

Rik Duel
09-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Man, I'm totally soured on Hasbro right about now. G.I. Joe and Star Wars, too.

sebillba
09-16-2008, 04:48 PM
That's the way these cancellations always happen. There're always new figures in the pipeline that get shelved before ever seeing the light of day. Yak Face and the Jedi Robes Luke Skywalker would be good examples from the vintage line.

Yeah, I realise this isn't the first line to be shelved, but I've been so stoked for this whole series, far more than for Star Wars this past year (I would actually feel quite relieved if that came to an end!), and this second ROTLA wave would've been even better than the first one... I mean, who wouldn't rather have Toht and German Mechanic instead of Cairo Swordsman and Monkey Man??

I was secretly hoping the Indy line would have a limited run, but a couple of waves from each film could've covered all the major characters, and made an amazing collection. As it stands, I love what we've got so far, and will be really pleased to have a complete collection (I just got Biker Mutt, Cairo Thugs 2-pack and the TOD Adventure Heroes this week, so am bang up to date now), but it will never seem fully complete if I can never get this last wave.

bigbarada
09-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I realise this isn't the first line to be shelved, but I've been so stoked for this whole series, far more than for Star Wars this past year (I would actually feel quite relieved if that came to an end!), and this second ROTLA wave would've been even better than the first one... I mean, who wouldn't rather have Toht and German Mechanic instead of Cairo Swordsman and Monkey Man??

I was secretly hoping the Indy line would have a limited run, but a couple of waves from each film could've covered all the major characters, and made an amazing collection. As it stands, I love what we've got so far, and will be really pleased to have a complete collection (I just got Biker Mutt, Cairo Thugs 2-pack and the TOD Adventure Heroes this week, so am bang up to date now), but it will never seem fully complete if I can never get this last wave.

I don't think there is enough material for an Indy toy line to last 13 years like the modern Star Wars line has. So I believe this line was destined to have a limited run. Which is probably for the best, we don't want Indy to become like the Batman or Spider-Man lines with increasingly sillier versions of the main character being released as the years go by.

It's still sad that the second ROTLA wave will likely never see the light of day. That would have been a nice bit of closure towards having all the vintage Raiders figures remade in the modern line (I think Belloq in his white suit would be the only one missing if wave 5 had made it to the stores).

LTBasker
09-16-2008, 09:02 PM
I wonder if this means the German motorcycle with sidecar won't make it out either, that's really the only upcoming IJ toy I'm looking forward to.

bigbarada
09-16-2008, 10:29 PM
I wonder if this means the German motorcycle with sidecar won't make it out either, that's really the only upcoming IJ toy I'm looking forward to.

Oooh, I forgot about that.:upset:

RooJay
09-17-2008, 01:21 AM

makes it formal."

I suppose you could say also that if it is true, not supporting the line like we should have is the suckiest thing we as collectors have ever done. It seems a shame if it's actually happening (not that I'm completely sold yet - like I say, in my area Indy product still moves quickly enough that I have a hard time conceiving the problems others claim) that so many collectors sounded like they were ignoring the line due to a stumble with paint applications initially. Especially since so many of us had been begging for an Indy line for years. Refusing to buy product that doesn't live up to imagined standards from the moment it starts hitting shelves doesn't force the manufacturer to try harder, it only forces them to cut their losses and give up. I'm not saying that everyone should have just put up with sub-par product, but I really don't think the problems with this line were even slightly as bad as just about anyone made out. They certainly would have greatly improved (and already have) if the support were there (which I'm still not convinced it isn't.)

Engineernerd
09-17-2008, 05:43 AM
I suppose you could say also that if it is true, not supporting the line like we should have is the suckiest thing we as collectors have ever done. It seems a shame if it's actually happening (not that I'm completely sold yet - like I say, in my area Indy product still moves quickly enough that I have a hard time conceiving the problems others claim) that so many collectors sounded like they were ignoring the line due to a stumble with paint applications initially. Especially since so many of us had been begging for an Indy line for years. Refusing to buy product that doesn't live up to imagined standards from the moment it starts hitting shelves doesn't force the manufacturer to try harder, it only forces them to cut their losses and give up. I'm not saying that everyone should have just put up with sub-par product, but I really don't think the problems with this line were even slightly as bad as just about anyone made out. They certainly would have greatly improved (and already have) if the support were there (which I'm still not convinced it isn't.)

I can tell you that I would have bought more of these if every other figure wasn't Indy. If they had started with smaller distinct waves of 3 or 4 characters, I'd have bought more. Look at POTF2. 4 figures in the original wave.

WOS was 4 to 6 to wave, but the initial ones leaned towards 4, if my memory serves correctly. And while there was a Bart or Homer in each wave, there wasn't 2 or 3 of them in each wave.

What's real ashamed is the first product looked rushed quality wise compared to the later waves. We have a saying at work. You can have Good parts, Lots of parts, or parts on time. Pick two of the three.

sebillba
09-17-2008, 06:25 AM
I suppose you could say also that if it is true, not supporting the line like we should have is the suckiest thing we as collectors have ever done.

Well I've done my best to support it (I've even bought vehicles and army built the soldiers, which I don't usually do), and from reading other Indy forums, there seems to be a lot of collectors who are equally passionate about the line and have bought up a ton of product. The problem seems to be that Hasbro want this to do well with kids, and are focusing on them rather than collectors.... hence the over-production of Mutt and Indy figures, and the scarcity of characters like Vogel and Elsa. Hasbro have mis-handled this line from the start, trying to turn it into another Star Wars, which it obviously isn't. If they had provided better distribution and case assortments (and better paint apps, though thankfully I haven't really had a problem with this), it could've been a successful collector-driven line like GI Joe.

DarkArtist
09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
well that's some bad news indeed. was looking forward to seeing IJ continue for awhile but figured that it was going to be bagged since most of the figures are warming the pegs around here.

i still have yet to see the last 3 figures of TLC wave at retail. still need Vogel, Elsha, and Grail Knight. hopefully i spot these soon along with Temple of Doom wave.

bigbarada
09-17-2008, 12:26 PM

I would have loved to support this line more, but the horrible paint apps and the horrible new movie essentially turned me off to the whole toy line for a long time. It wasn't until the TLC wave started showing up here that I started to pay attention again. Even though I was more of a fan of Indiana Jones growing up than a fan of Star Wars and I always wanted just one well-made Indiana Jones figure.

As much as I loved the franchise and the character, I don't think I should bear the blame of this line's failure because I wasn't willing to settle for an Indy figure that looked like a wall-eyed retard.

My philosophy is, "If you buy crap, then you're telling the manufacture that you are willing to settle for crap." And I would personally rather have no Indiana Jones figures than poorly made, laughable Indiana Jones figures.

TheDarthVader
09-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I agree with BB. I was going to buy all of the Indiana Jones figures until I saw them at retail. Many of the figures suck, and I ended up buying maybe 3 figures (mostly deluxe). So I am not gonna waste my money on pieces of junk; Hasbro should have tried harder. I feel like the line COULD have been a success if it wasn't for the low quality figures and poor head sculpts (like ROTLA deluxe horse set Indy).

El Chuxter
09-17-2008, 01:03 PM
I only ever wanted Short Round. I'd get an Indy if I could get Shorty to go with him.

pbarnard
09-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I bought one Indy figure, quick head swapped him, bought a bunch of the Cairo Swordsman, Monkey Man, Sallah, etc to be actual terrorists for my GI Joes until I had enough stickers for a Crystal Skull figure.

I think there are only so many Indys to make, and than after that everyone else is practically the same suit/uniform the entire time. Plus unlike other action figure lines, Indy isn't as much pitted against an advesary but a location/artifact. This line, of any, should be playset rich.

indyjones1981
09-17-2008, 10:44 PM
On the main hasbro.com website (here is the web address) they had a 12 inch Temple of Doom Indy listed with picture.

http://www.hasbro.com/default.cfm?page=browse&product_id=22182

Does this mean this item is getting shelved also? Hasbro had a chance to have the top 4-5 boys toys lines out in the market place. They are: Star Wars, GI Joe, Transformers, Marvel Superheros and Indiana Jones. If the IJ line is really being cancelled what a shame. At least the original Kenner line lasted 2 years 1982-1983.
Was hoping the same was going to happen with this line.

JediTricks
09-18-2008, 04:16 PM
The reality is that this line just didn't grab kids enough. Even the original didn't, Indy is hard sell for kids in terms of merchandising. It looks like kids really just don't care, and Hasbro probably should have made this line more like their 2002 Saga line which was big with kids - main characters with action features, plus larger and more exciting diorama action scenario deluxe sets.

As it is now, the current question we have given Hasbro is incredibly apt, I'm glad we asked it when we did, maybe it'll give a little hope to those completed molds.

evenflow
09-19-2008, 01:21 PM
It would be nice to get the Toht wave through HTS at least, I am willing to pay a higher pirce point.

Mvader91
09-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Found all of Last Crusade wave at touys r us. What is with 7.99? Walmart had them for 5.44. TRU Joes are 7.99 as well if you look at lego Jones the 9.99 sets are 14.99 there. They are going to pric themselves out of business. It was actually amazing that they had anything new at all!Needless to say I refuse to spend 7.99 on figs that are maybe worth the 5.99 price point.

Ji'dai
09-20-2008, 06:10 PM
I saw the LC revision case today. Lots of Henry Sr. in that one but no Grail Knight, Elsa, or Vogel.

So intead of getting another wave of actual figures we get more of this junk: Mighty Muggs Tuxedo Indy, Young Indy, Stapido (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13452), Sallah, and Short Round (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND47982AA#LargeImage). These friggin things are worse than cockroaches. The WMs here are completely infested with them.

Old Fossil
09-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I saw the LC revision case today. Lots of Henry Sr. in that one but no Grail Knight, Elsa, or Vogel.

So intead of getting another wave of actual figures we get more of this junk: Mighty Muggs Tuxedo Indy, Young Indy, Stapido (http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=262&itemid=13452), Sallah, and Short Round (http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND47982AA#LargeImage). These friggin things are worse than cockroaches. The WMs here are completely infested with them.

I just want to go on record right now and say that I hate (H-A-T-E. I'm using the word "hate" here.) Mighty Muggs.

Beast
09-20-2008, 09:04 PM
They sell like hotcakes though. So don't expect them to go away anytime soon.

Especially when every line is getting a Mighty Muggs equivelent.

Star Wars, Marvel, Indiana Jones, G.I. Joe, Transformers.

Old Fossil
09-20-2008, 09:10 PM
They sell like hotcakes though. So don't expect them to go away anytime soon.

Especially when every line is getting a Mighty Muggs equivelent.

Star Wars, Marvel, Indiana Jones, G.I. Joe, Transformers.

All the stores I've been to are well stocked with those things, in some fairly shelfworn packages.

Now hotcakes (/pancakes), I'll buy!

jedibear
09-20-2008, 09:12 PM
They're not selling like hotcakes in my neck of the woods. They're falling off the shelves everywhere, especially the Indy ones.

I wish they would skip these wastes of plastic (recycled or not) and just get more basic figures going...

Old Fossil
09-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Jedibear, please pass the syrup.

Blue2th
09-21-2008, 02:42 AM
Give me a steam roller and a case of mighty mugs. I'll turn them into flap-jacks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-21-2008, 02:53 AM
They might not taste that good, though.

(I just want to see how long we can keep this conversation away from bringing back the line and on to pancakes.)

Blue2th
09-21-2008, 03:12 AM
I can't wait till they come out with the Short Stack figure. They're gonna sell like hotcakes.

Old Fossil
09-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Blue2th, please pass the Polaner All-Fruit.

Blue2th
09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
mmm.. I'm the mood for some rooty tooty fresh and fruity breakfix.

Old Fossil
09-21-2008, 07:51 PM
mmm.. I'm the mood for some rooty tooty fresh and fruity breakfix.

[BUUURP]Well you better herry up, dem pancakes get cold fast.

Who here makes a good cup of coffee?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-21-2008, 08:44 PM
Stay on topic folks, and the topic is Indiana Jones figures.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Devo
09-21-2008, 10:08 PM
I could probably be found earlier in this thread saying that I would definitely buy the Indiana jones line however seeing the figures in hand and their godawful paintapps put me well off. Not one figure of indiana jones bares even the slightest resemblance to harrison ford - despite great body/outfit sculpts - I just couldn't see the point in spending the money. Add to this the fact that KOTCS was such a disappointment (shouldn't have been surprised, anything lucas touches these days becomes hollow crap) I wound up buying no indiana jones merchandise at all.

JediTricks
09-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I hit WM yesterday for some household goods, and came across Young Indy, which I had been looking for. They also had LC Indy, but everything else was dusty old product. Unfortunately, Young Indy had many horrible paint jobs, out of the 5 I found, the only one I deemed acceptable still had a significant streak of tan paint on the side of his face - I chose him because at least his eyes were mostly pointing in the same direction.

Beast
09-22-2008, 10:55 PM
According to E-Mails going out from Entertainment Earth...

Mighty Muggs Wave IV has been cancelled and won't be produced. That means no Young Indy or Sapito.

Devo
09-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Thats a ridiculous situation in this day and age of toymaking. Honestly whats with all the disimprovement? Inferior likenesses, terrible paint application, ugly jointing, awful soft goods capes, anatomically misproportioned body parts, no more battle-scouring on vehicles...have I missed anything?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-24-2008, 12:08 AM
Got a notice from BBTS today that my TOD figures are now instock. Be on the lookout as this means they could be in stores soon. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm visiting Souix Falls, SD now. The local wal-mart has signs up for Willie Scott, Mola Ram, and Short Round figures but there are no Temple figure out.

JediTricks
09-25-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks to Old Fossil, I was able to get Henry Jones. Good figure, but yeah, too tall. The hat looks much better when the clear thing is taken out, but still sits a little high. I like the accessories and the articulation is good. It's a pretty good figure.

On my own, I found Young Indy, like 5 of them, at WM but they all had awful paint in the face especially. I bought one, and it's not all that great a figure IMO. Articulation is ok but a few points missing. Accessories are pretty weak. And the cross isn't removable, that's not cool. So it's only ok.

To be honest, I'm not surprised this line is still struggling, too much work to find good paint on rather un-actiony figures.

Ji'dai
09-27-2008, 08:56 AM
I saw the new Cairo Cargo Truck with fabric canopy at Kmart yesterday. It was priced $21.99. Had the box been mint I would've bought it.

I noticed that WMs here raised prices on the Deluxe figures to $10.76. I think the vehicle prices went up too.

TheRealDubya
09-27-2008, 07:35 PM
This just about wraps it up. That TOD wave might be brutal to find.

Cool Toy Review: Is the German Mechanic figure shown in the second Raiders of the Lost Ark wave scheduled for January going to include any accessories (wrench, removable hat and shirt etc...)?

Also, would it be possible to see a picture of the stands that will be included in this wave as well as Mola Ram without his head dress?

Hasbro: Right now, we are not going to be revealing any more details or information on this wave due to the likelihood that it will not make it out.

Cool Toy Review: What is your internal "doomsday date" to determine the future of the Indiana Jones line at retail? Or, what specific date in the coming months is the "point of no return" for Indy's future? Will there be enough time to "rescue" the line to produce and distribute post-Temple Of Doom/Wave 4 if the Indy line indeed starts to sell at a faster pace?

Hasbro: Right now, it's highly unlikely that the line will continue significantly beyond the holidays this year.

Cool Toy Review: Would you consider continuing the line as online exclusives with a higher per-figure price if it is not feasible to continue the line at stores like Wal-Mart and Target? In order to get figures like Oxley, Mac, Donovan, and Marcus collectors would be willing to pay more.

Hasbro: It would not be possible to continue the line in this manner, since the size of the IJ collector base is not enough to sustain development work and production volumes by itself.

bigbarada
09-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow, Hasbro's not even trying to put a positive spin on that. Basically, they're saying, "Unless Indy receives a Christmas miracle, then the line is dead. End of story."

Beast
09-27-2008, 09:16 PM
At least they're being honest. Sorta sucks, I really enjoyed the line.

TheRealDubya
09-27-2008, 09:24 PM
At least they're being honest. Sorta sucks, I really enjoyed the line.

Me too brother...me too. Oh well, so long as I can get the TOD figs, I'll be fine.

jedibear
09-27-2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah I'm hoping those will hit retail at least

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-27-2008, 09:50 PM
I wish CTR would have asked, "So, hasbro, what's it like to have screwed the pooch on this license? Any reason why you overshipped earlier figures and thus dug your own grave with this one?"

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any extra TOD figures for you folks, but i'm not expecting to find much.

Beast
09-27-2008, 11:07 PM
I wish CTR would have asked, "So, hasbro, what's it like to have screwed the pooch on this license? Any reason why you overshipped earlier figures and thus dug your own grave with this one?"

I'll keep my eyes peeled for any extra TOD figures for you folks, but i'm not expecting to find much.
They didn't overship. The retailers, Wal-Mart in particular, over-ordered.

Rik Duel
09-28-2008, 04:30 AM
Yeah but they over ordered boxes full of Mutt, Monkey Man and googly eyed Indys. Every toy buyer's dream!

DarkArtist
10-03-2008, 08:28 AM
thanks to Old Fossil i was able to get Col Vogel, Elsa and Grail Knight. the fugures are cool, and Vogel looks cool among Imperial Officers. really wish they would continue this line and perhaps give us more versions of the characters, would love to see a repaint of Vogel in the black uniform.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-03-2008, 01:38 PM
They didn't overship. The retailers, Wal-Mart in particular, over-ordered.

When I was working retail, i'd see boxes of Indy product come in that wasn't even on order and more often than not, it was full of KOTC figures, which were already warming pegs.

Regarding the TOD figures: anybody found them at retail or heard reports about them? I haven't seen them or heard anything about them. I paid a bit more for them on BBTS, but I think they're gonna be really hard to find in the flesh. :(

Ji'dai
10-03-2008, 06:26 PM
I haven't seen the TOD wave or read of any reports of people finding them. I just checked HTS (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=869&SBR=666) and this wave is listed in its entirety but "out of stock." They weren't there yesterday. I wonder if they were put up today and quickly sold out. Would've been great deal with the 20% code.

edit: LC (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=869&SBR=667) wave was restocked today too. Vogel and Elsa are gone though. Henry Sr. is still there.

jediguy
10-04-2008, 11:19 AM
I was hoping that this line would do better, but the Indy and Mutt figures are almost the only ones on the pegs
the ROTLA and KOTCS waves are clogging the rest of the pegs

I can count on both hands how many of TLC figures I have seen total, not even counting the Vogel which I have yet to see
the only reason I have an Elsa is because I traded for her

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2008, 11:53 AM
see, you would think that SOMEBODY at Hasbro would notice that the LC and TOD (if they had them yet) are selling out on their online store and are more than likely huge sellers with online stores, etc, and would say, "wait a minute, there IS a market for a few more figures!"

Why they just don't do the second ROTLA wave online somewhere is beyond me. I really think collectors and fans would be pleased if this wave was released and then the line ended.

pbarnard
10-04-2008, 01:46 PM
I noticed price cutting of the Indy figs at walmart today, 5.84 per fig. Still, not low enough to make me buy a bunch of Mutts and High Priest Beloq.

bigbarada
10-04-2008, 03:28 PM
see, you would think that SOMEBODY at Hasbro would notice that the LC and TOD (if they had them yet) are selling out on their online store and are more than likely huge sellers with online stores, etc, and would say, "wait a minute, there IS a market for a few more figures!"

Why they just don't do the second ROTLA wave online somewhere is beyond me. I really think collectors and fans would be pleased if this wave was released and then the line ended.

Hasbro's already said that they have minimum numbers of each figure that they can order from their factories and the online sales are just not enough to justify those numbers.

You also have to take into account that a lot of scalpers are buying up those figures because they know they can resell them for a profit.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Hasbro's already said that they have minimum numbers of each figure that they can order from their factories and the online sales are just not enough to justify those numbers.

You also have to take into account that a lot of scalpers are buying up those figures because they know they can resell them for a profit.

Yeah, but Hasbro's sales don't change even if the figures are yanked up by scalpers. They still count as sales in Hasbro's book.

And I still think they should maybe try it out once. Take pre-orders long in advance so they produce the proper amount of figures; increase the price a bit and you have profit. Just finish up with this second wave, Hasbro. Collectors really want these few figures! :thumbsup:

sebillba
10-05-2008, 01:39 AM
For anyone even vaguely interested in seeing ROTLA wave 2 produced, someone's started an online petition here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SDCC2009/index.html Come on guys, it only takes 5 seconds to sign it!!

Ji'dai
10-05-2008, 08:50 AM
Hasbro could release figures from the second Raiders wave by including them in SW case assortments, much like they do with Battlestar Galactica in the Titaniums line. Or Hasbro could combine the two lines and release a new IJ figure in every other SW wave.

I ordered a bunch of army builders from HTS last night using that Fall20 coupon code. Many thanks to whoever posted that code on SSG. I got 10 German Soldier 2-packs, 4 Mutt/Motorcycle, and 5 Cairo Thugs 2-packs; saving well over $50 and getting free shipping to boot. I nearly doubled my German army with this purchase; it's now 49 members strong.

Engineernerd
10-05-2008, 11:58 AM
I actually like the idea of including one in a SW fig assortment. It would cut down some of the repaints, and if it was one per case, it's rarity would help drive demand.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-06-2008, 02:40 AM
I actually like the idea of including one in a SW fig assortment. It would cut down some of the repaints, and if it was one per case, it's rarity would help drive demand.
But that would mean fewer Star Wars figures, which would suck for the thousands of SW collectors even if it was slightly beneficial to the handful of IJ collectors. I have had dreams (seriously) of Hasbro introducing non-SW characters into the line and I never liked it. Even the Titanium Series, shipping SW alongside Battlestar Galactica, seems strange to me, though I don't care for that line.

Ji'dai
10-06-2008, 05:59 AM
But that would mean fewer Star Wars figures Fewer SW figures? You make that sound like it'd be a bad thing ;) They could stick the IJ figures in with the Greatest Repacks line and I don't think anyone would really complain too much. SW collectors complain? No way! Now a few miscreants would complain about not getting the latest Clone repaint, but I'm sure most collectors wouldn't mind an IJ figure in the mix now and then.

which would suck for the thousands of SW collectors You really think there's that many? Hundreds, maybe... but thousands? Really?

Old Fossil
10-06-2008, 07:18 AM
You really think there's that many? Hundreds, maybe... but thousands? Really?

:shocked:

Once you start down that path, forever will it dominate the forum thread...

Engineernerd
10-06-2008, 11:37 AM
If you figure 2000 fans, that would only be 40 per state. That would be the easier way to count them. With Ji'dai and me thats two for Indiana....only 38 more to go...

Of course then you'd have to figure the actual statistical distribution of the angry folks, happy folks, and undecided.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Though Hasbro doesn't give full details, from what I've heard, the average (initial) run of a figure is around 50,000. That was the exact run of the 2005 Target Lava Reflection Darth Vader, according to the package, and supposedly the basic figures are around the same. Even when you factor in kids, people who buy both carded and loose, and army builders (and I assume army builder figures and main characters are in greater supply than background characters), there's gotta be at least a few thousand collectors.