PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Making Indiana Jones Figures

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Though Hasbro doesn't give full details, from what I've heard, the average (initial) run of a figure is around 50,000. That was the exact run of the 2005 Target Lava Reflection Darth Vader, according to the package, and supposedly the basic figures are around the same. Even when you factor in kids, people who buy both carded and loose, and army builders (and I assume army builder figures and main characters are in greater supply than background characters), there's gotta be at least a few thousand collectors.

I dunno if i agree with that number; i'd say the amount of KOTC Indy's and Mutt figures was at LEAST double that. Maybe they increase certain figures for a launch but keep later waves to this number? Just a thought.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Well, I mean, SW collectors (and kids/fans who buy casually etc.) have to outnumber IJ collectors by a huge margin, so it's possible that the enormous amounts of Indy and Mutt figures we see is not the result of too many figures being made but a result of the apathy towards this line. (Though I guess that means they DID make too many figures.) I don't know. I know Hasbro doesn't like to divulge this information so we'll never know for sure.

Darth Ambivalent
10-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Near Terre Haute. Hey Ji'Dai, hit me up and let's go toy hunting sometime. I often find the stuff you seek and vice versa.

Mark

Ji'dai
10-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey DA, welcome to the boards! I usually hunt alone, but thanks for the offer. Don't forget to check out the Indiana Just Found (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=638520#post638520) thread and tell us what new stuff you're seeing out there.

I just pre-ordered the Temple of Doom Adventure Heroes (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=869&SBR=666) from HTS. There's a purchase limit of one per person, and they're not due to start shipping until 10/27.

I ordered one TOD and one KotCS set, which I never bought at retail due to the price increase on this line. Using the Fall20 code they were only 4.79 each with no tax or shipping!

Engineernerd
10-07-2008, 06:48 PM
Welcome DA. Love the handle.

NE here Ft. Wayne-Warsaw area.

Saw the Fabic covered truck today. Anybody have it that think the difference merits getting it?

Darth Ambivalent
10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Hey man, glad you like the handle.

I've seen the fabric truck, and the new handles on the sides make it seem kind of nifty compared to the old school truck. Haven't bought it yet, but it remains on my short list to do so. Problem is, between the BAD figures, the BMF and others, Hasbro is really straining my wallet and I keep hoping for a nice Indy clearance sale...though I doubt the trucks will make it that far.

RooJay
10-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Hey DA, welcome to the boards! I usually hunt alone, but thanks for the offer. Don't forget to check out the Indiana Just Found (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=638520#post638520) thread and tell us what new stuff you're seeing out there.

I just pre-ordered the Temple of Doom Adventure Heroes (http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=869&SBR=666) from HTS. There's a purchase limit of one per person, and they're not due to start shipping until 10/27.

I ordered one TOD and one KotCS set, which I never bought at retail due to the price increase on this line. Using the Fall20 code they were only 4.79 each with no tax or shipping!

You know...I've always thought that if ever there were a benefit for having to be up all night long for your job (I mean aside from the general awesomeness of my job anyway!) it would be that I might have a chance of catching stuff like this in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning when nobody else is around. I kept HasbroToyShop open all night and all through the morning hoping for a chance that they might actually get a bit more of the TOD wave, and then I'd be able to pounce on it. Then I get in tonight and actually find out that they had done just that when I was at home, away from the computer, asleep, during the day. I feel like Charlie Brown, and no matter how hard I try...I'm just never gonna kick that ball! Good Grief!:rolleyes:

Ji'dai
10-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I missed out on the figures too, but the TOD Adventure Heroes are still up for pre-order. I'm confident I'll see them at retail, but the 20% off code and free shipping deal that HTS is offering can't be beat.

JediTricks
10-09-2008, 03:56 AM
While I do want more figures, and am still trying to track down the Grail Knight, I am not remotely surprised this line didn't make it. Kids don't care, that's the bottom line. There's no casual collectors the way there is with Star Wars or Marvel or a lot of long-term successful lines. Indy is cool, they all want 1 Indy figure, but after that it's just not particularly catchy as a toy, it never was - the original line suffered the same fate. The movies are exciting, but don't make for exciting collectibles or play patterns.

Engineernerd
10-09-2008, 05:51 AM
While I do want more figures, and am still trying to track down the Grail Knight, I am not remotely surprised this line didn't make it. Kids don't care, that's the bottom line. There's no casual collectors the way there is with Star Wars or Marvel or a lot of long-term successful lines. Indy is cool, they all want 1 Indy figure, but after that it's just not particularly catchy as a toy, it never was - the original line suffered the same fate. The movies are exciting, but don't make for exciting collectibles or play patterns.

I don't think that was the issue with the original line. You had a handful of figures, but with them was a vehicle and 3 playsets. My belief is the vintage line suffered from being introduced way too late. They pulled it off with Star Wars, but it was still in theaters in some places when the figures made it to market. Indy figures I only ever remember seeing in the JC Penny catalog when they were "new". Past that, I remember getting most of my carded figures in a discount store. (Ironically, at the time, I remember having to make a choice at the discount store between Indy figures and Knickerbocker Lord of the Rings figures. I chose the Indy ones, but really wish I could have had both.)

pbarnard
10-09-2008, 12:15 PM
I'll say it again, I don't think any Indy line can be successful until you can come up with a really interactive playset. JT is right, got my Indy, happy didn't want more. Bought some of the Cairo Thugs, Monkey man etc because they'd make interesting, opponents, yes that's the word, for my GI Joes. These got my a Crystal Skeleton. Now, I want something to display it. Indy's problem is are his oppenents are as much the environment as it is another person. No environments, no real excitement.

LTBasker
10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Found the Cargo Truck with fabric canopy last night, although I thought I wouldn't like it very much I went ahead and got it because I haven't seen many of the original Cargo Trucks around. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the fabric is, it blends well, and is tight (I was worried they would lazily apply it) so it has a very good look to it. I'm sure it's inaccurate compared to the little details that they were able to replicate on the plastic one, but I think it adds a nice touch to a display. I didn't know beforehand that the cardboard tray doubles as a backdrop similar to those 3D dioramas during the POTF2 days, it's a very nice surprise and makes the $20 pricetag easier to cope with.

I'm impressed at how thick the cardboard is for it, it's much more sturdy than the POTF2 3D dioramas which had paper-thin cardboard. I think they should really see about adapting this for the Star Wars $20 line, even if they had to push the price up to $21.74 like the Indy vehicles line. Another little bonus is that you don't just make a cardboard diorama backdrop out of the tray, on the flap that would be covering the top if left on; they have a the punch-out of a crate that you pop/tear out then fold up.

So, all in one package you get the truck (with no assembly or decals, that made me really happy!), a backdrop and an extra crate. They REALLY should put that sort of value towards the SW line. Did you get to do all of this with the original truck release too?

bigbarada
10-09-2008, 04:36 PM

I'll say it again, I don't think any Indy line can be successful until you can come up with a really interactive playset. JT is right, got my Indy, happy didn't want more. Bought some of the Cairo Thugs, Monkey man etc because they'd make interesting, opponents, yes that's the word, for my GI Joes. These got my a Crystal Skeleton. Now, I want something to display it. Indy's problem is are his oppenents are as much the environment as it is another person. No environments, no real excitement.

I agree completely, the Indy line has the same drawbacks as comic book superhero toy lines like Batman or Spider-Man. Once you get tired of buying the main hero, then there's not much reason to keep collecting. Especially without well-made playsets and environments.

Based on what I've seen in my Wal-Mart, it seems that Hasbro is hoping to save the line with roleplay accessories like the whip and that sword/knife set.

Old Fossil
10-09-2008, 05:18 PM
Found the Cargo Truck with fabric canopy last night, although I thought I wouldn't like it very much I went ahead and got it because I haven't seen many of the original Cargo Trucks around. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the fabric is, it blends well, and is tight (I was worried they would lazily apply it) so it has a very good look to it. I'm sure it's inaccurate compared to the little details that they were able to replicate on the plastic one, but I think it adds a nice touch to a display. I didn't know beforehand that the cardboard tray doubles as a backdrop similar to those 3D dioramas during the POTF2 days, it's a very nice surprise and makes the $20 pricetag easier to cope with.

I'm impressed at how thick the cardboard is for it, it's much more sturdy than the POTF2 3D dioramas which had paper-thin cardboard. I think they should really see about adapting this for the Star Wars $20 line, even if they had to push the price up to $21.74 like the Indy vehicles line. Another little bonus is that you don't just make a cardboard diorama backdrop out of the tray, on the flap that would be covering the top if left on; they have a the punch-out of a crate that you pop/tear out then fold up.

So, all in one package you get the truck (with no assembly or decals, that made me really happy!), a backdrop and an extra crate. They REALLY should put that sort of value towards the SW line. Did you get to do all of this with the original truck release too?

That's great to hear. I ordered that truck of HTS today, along with Mutt/motorcycle and Cemetery Warrior. I never got the first cargo truck so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Engineernerd
10-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Wally World didn't have the fabric truck when I went back for it. :(

sebillba
10-10-2008, 03:57 AM

Yup, the original truck came with the backdrop and crate, though I still haven't made mine up, as I couldn't bring myself to destroy the packaging. The Troop Car also came with a backdrop, and I'm pretty sure the crate as well. I assume the Jungle Cutter had the same, but I've never actually seen one.

Old Fossil
10-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Wally World didn't have the fabric truck when I went back for it. :(

It is still up on HasbroToyShop. :)

TheRealDubya
10-10-2008, 11:10 AM
It is still up on HasbroToyShop. :)

Pop in Fall20 for free shipping and 20% off -- better than retail!

Ji'dai
10-10-2008, 02:12 PM
I'm considering ordering two of the fabric canopy trucks from HTS too, what with that 20% off code and free shipping. I'd like the boxes to be mint though since I love the package art and want to display it after I take the truck out.

jediguy
10-10-2008, 06:15 PM
I found some exclusive IJ battle packs at Target today

ROTLA: Cairo Ambush- Monkey Man, Indy, Marion, and 2 swordsmen
it looked like everyone had the usual accessories in their hands, so I am inclined to think there are no others hidden
Monkey Man had his monkey, Indy had his whip, Marion had the frying pan, and the swordsmen had swords
everything looked like a direct repack, possibly one of the swordsmen had a new color sash (not 100% sure on that)

TLC: Tank Showdown- 2 German soldiers, Indy, Dr. Jones, and Colonel Vogel
everyone was holding their guns and/or whip, but Dr. Jones did not have his hat, glasses or umbrella

KOTCS: Jungle Chase-Mutt, Irina, Dovechenco, Russian soldier, and Indy
once again, everyone who had guns was holding them
Mutt was the open jacket version
everything looked like a straight repack, but I am not 100% sure because, well, it's not STAR WARS

these were all priced $19.99

no Temple of Doom pack that I saw

Ji'dai
10-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Wow, Hasbro's display at SDCC said these would be out around Oct. 12, and bam, here they are. There are only the three Target exclusive battle packs. I think the DPCI for them is 087-06-2069.

There should be 2 commemorative DVD packs out next Tuesday when Crystal Skull sees home video release. They are filled with pegwarmers and are exclusive to Wal-Mart:

- Indiana Jones (crystal skull), Mutt Williams (leather jacket), Irina Spalko
- Indiana Jones (RPG), Mutt Williams (snake), Colonel Dovchenko

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I was just at Target and didn't see those battle packs, but as I've said before, I'm looking forward to them. Oh, and that Target lowered the price to $6 and some change, finally.

Jayspawn
10-10-2008, 11:54 PM
Well thats a start. Passing on the KOTCS Battlepacks. Interested in the LC Battlepack when that hits Target.

jediguy
10-11-2008, 12:29 AM
I am certain that none of these came with the 'treasure' crate items that came with the carded versions of these figures, so it is a very easy pass for me

those stupid little treasure crates are what clinched the sales for me

sebillba
10-11-2008, 01:24 AM
These BPs are great value and are awesome display pieces, but there are no crates or other extras hidden away, and most of the figures come with less accessories than their carded counterparts. I only have the LC set, and Vogel only has a pistol, no baton, Indy has his whip but no gun, one of the German soldiers has a pistol instead of a machine gun, and Henry Sr has absolutely nothing with him.

Ji'dai
10-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva were with me today! I found the Temple of Doom Adventure Heroes at WM this morning! Man, I am so stoked for the 3-3/4" TOD wave now, I can hardly wait to see them in stores.

Old Fossil
10-11-2008, 12:09 PM
Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva were with me today! I found the Temple of Doom Adventure Heroes at WM this morning! Man, I am so stoked for the 3-3/4" TOD wave now, I can hardly wait to see them in stores.

Maybe you should pray to Ganesh, the elephant-headed Hindu god and Remover of Obstacles, to bring you the TOD wave soon. :)

K M Toydarian
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Saw mid aisle display full of the 2 Wal-Mart DVD 3 packs previously mentioned. 14.98 at one Wal-Mart, 12.98 at another. Nothing interesting about those pegwarmers, but at least they might sell to parents getting the DVD and a few figures in one swoop.

Ji'dai
10-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Maybe you should pray to Ganesh, the elephant-headed Hindu god and Remover of Obstacles, to bring you the TOD wave soon. :) The local Kwik-E-Mart proprietor has a statue of Ganesh on his counter, but he got mad when I offered his god a peanut.

Came home yesterday evening to find a big box from HTS waiting for me. I got 10 German Soldier 2-packs, 4 Mutts with motorcycle, and 5 Cairo Thugs 2-packs. Most retailers here (even WM) have raised prices on Deluxe so this was a great deal using that 20% off code and getting free shipping.

Didn't see anything new this morning. I daydream of finding the Temple of Doom figures next Tuesday for the Crystal Skull DVD release.

EDIT: Just checked the new Kmart ad and you can get $5 off when you buy the DVD and any Indiana Jones merchandise priced $9.99 or more.

Old Fossil
10-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Came home yesterday evening to find a big box from HTS waiting for me. I got 10 German Soldier 2-packs...

Blitzkreig!:yes:

Didn't see anything new this morning. I daydream of finding the Temple of Doom figures next Tuesday for the Crystal Skull DVD release.

I gave Temple of Doom another viewing yesterday, and I'm more than ever looking forward to this wave! I'd love to see a second TOD wave with Lao Che & Sons, the British officer, and the blue-turbaned British Indian Army good guys.

Blue2th
10-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I saw the figure battlepacks at Target today.
I looked at the figures and I noticed that in the Last Crusade box the German soldier is more green than the regular one or the ones in the two pk.
Also in the Crystal Skull pk. Dovchenko is slightly different with an off colored shirt and green epaulets.

Little things like this are irritating, because technically they are paint variations.

El Chuxter
10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
The local Kwik-E-Mart proprietor has a statue of Ganesh on his counter, but he got mad when I offered his god a peanut.

Did he angrily tell you to please pay for your purchases, and come again?

DarkArtist
10-14-2008, 02:29 PM
I looked at the figures and I noticed that in the Last Crusade box the German soldier is more green than the regular one or the ones in the two pk.
Also in the Crystal Skull pk. Dovchenko is slightly different with an off colored shirt and green epaulets.

Little things like this are irritating, because technically they are paint variations.

well that is just bad news. was actually thinking of hunting these guys down. i guess i'll be passing on that.

HTS has the Temple of Doom figures listed as already out of stock. i can already see this being the nightmare wave of figures to get. i mean without Old Fossil I would not have been able to get the last 3 Last Cursade figures.

El Chuxter
10-14-2008, 02:33 PM
I've still never seen any LC figures. At this point, I figure I'll get Shorty if I see him and not lose sleep if I don't.

It's sad; first Lucas and Spielberg rape him to death and leave his body in a closet, then Hasbro is going to make his figure impossible to get.

(In case you don't know, that's a South Park reference, not me just being a sicko.)

Ji'dai
10-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Blitzkreig!:yes: I've got 49 German soldiers now -- so not quite capable of carrying out a blitzkreig... or even a volksturm, come to think about it... but probably enough to take out the French nonetheless :whip:

Did he angrily tell you to please pay for your purchases, and come again? No, but he does have nickel off expired baby food if your little one needs some cheap vittles.

---

Made the rounds today, but I had no luck finding new toys. I was amazed many stores didn't even have an Indy DVD display. This would've been a great opportunity for retailers to reintroduce the toys to all those casual buyers coming in to buy the DVD. Maybe move some of that product that's been catching dust since May.

bigbarada
10-14-2008, 10:27 PM
The LC wave is starting to show up here in greater numbers. So much so that Elsa and Col. Vogel are actually starting to pegwarm a bit. I just assumed that meant they were becoming common everywhere else too.

Mvader91
10-15-2008, 12:11 AM
The LC wave is starting to show up here in greater numbers. So much so that Elsa and Col. Vogel are actually starting to pegwarm a bit. I just assumed that meant they were becoming common everywhere else too.Rarely do you see Vogel or Elsa in Indy. However, young Indy LC Indy are hanging heavy at toyrus.Course they are 7.99 which is ricockulous!

TheRealDubya
10-15-2008, 01:18 AM

I picked up the Last Crusade BP today...it's amazing how poor the paint is on the Indy and Germans, and how nice it is on the Henry and Vogel. Oh well, it was on sale for $16 and at least I now have my Vogel.

Ji'dai
10-15-2008, 08:36 PM
I saw all three Target battlepacks today, but I just couldn't bring myself to get them. They make nifty ready-made dioramas, but I already have all the figures in them. I liked the Cairo Ambush one the most. If the line continues, I'd like to see a playset version with a basket for Marion, a hay cart, and a market stall.

Also saw the WM DVD figure sets. Nothing exciting about them at all. I did get the cargo truck with the fabric canopy at WM.

I saw 12" Dovchenko at WM for the first time. He comes with a lot of fire ants attached to him. There's been a package change for the 12" too. Talking Indy, whip Indy, and Dovchenko were in square window boxes instead of the old curved window box.

And half of my Adventure Heroes order arrived today from HTS. I got the KotCS ones using the Fall20 code. My TOD packs should be shipping next week.

And my child slaves discovered these beauties in the mines below Pankot today:

Found them at Meijer, on sale this week for $6.88 each. The large Thuggee slave master was the only one I didn't find. An employee checked the stockroom for me, but he didn't see any more cases back there. They must've put out two cases and someone else grabbed the two large Thuggee slave masters and a Thuggee guard before I got there. Strange since I figured Shorty would be the first to go.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
OHMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-15-2008, 10:28 PM
OHMYGOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
Short Round
is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG
OMG..

MEIJER?!?!?! Really!?!!!! I haven't found ANYTHING at a Meijer in MONTHS. I'm half tempted to try the two meijer stores in Toledo right now, 11:30 pm on a rainy Wed. I'm heading home tomorrow to dayton and i'll be sure to hit some Meijer stores on the way home.

MANY thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
10-15-2008, 10:32 PM
The LC wave is starting to show up here in greater numbers. So much so that Elsa and Col. Vogel are actually starting to pegwarm a bit. I just assumed that meant they were becoming common everywhere else too.

I wish they would pegwarm out here!

Unfortunately, we don't have Meijers out here so I hope WM, Target or TRU get that TOD wave in soon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2008, 10:34 PM
I don't have Meijers anywhere near here but I've already started walking in hopes of finding one. :love:

If/when I find Shorty, I will have to stop myself from buying everything in the store out of excitement.

El Chuxter
10-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Time to actually start going through the Indy figures, it seems. :)

figrin bran
10-16-2008, 01:42 AM
I guess I should buy extra Short Rounds if I'm lucky enough to find them?

Blue2th
10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
Who the heck is Meijer? Don't have them here. :(

Gonna start making the rounds though in hopes of finding them.

LTBasker
10-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Even my dreams deny me of a full haul. I had a dream last night that I came across the ToD wave, and grabbed Short Round, but they didn't have the only other figure I wanted: ToD Indy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-16-2008, 02:17 PM
I guess I should buy extra Short Rounds if I'm lucky enough to find them?
Yes, please. Oh, hell, just to save myself the trouble of looking - to anyone who finds an extra Short Round, I will pay cost and shipping and give you my undying love and devotion.

Ji'dai
10-16-2008, 02:37 PM

Gonna start making the rounds though in hopes of finding them. Meijer is a discount department store / supermarket chain here in the Midwest. I read reports of people finding them there so I took a chance and stopped by a couple stores while in Indianapolis. I found the TOD figs on an endcap shelf, wedged in between overstock of superhero movie figures.

I scoured the toy section for that missing Thuggee slave master. I'd have a complete set had I found him. Kali was working against me though, I'm certain of it.

Old Fossil
10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
I scoured the toy section for that missing Thuggee slave master. I'd have a complete set had I found him. Kali was working against me though, I'm certain of it.

Kali is a fickle god.:sleeping:

Jayspawn
10-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Picked up Mutt w/motorcycle and Ciaro Thugs on sale at Target this week. The Mutt is nicer than I would have thought. The Cairo thugs are for Indy to beat up! "Infadel!"

Mvader91
10-16-2008, 05:04 PM

Gonna start making the rounds though in hopes of finding them.
Don't worry you're not missing anything! They rarely have anything. They are a knockoff of Walmart.

Old Fossil
10-16-2008, 07:03 PM
Picked up Mutt w/motorcycle and Ciaro Thugs on sale at Target this week. The Mutt is nicer than I would have thought. The Cairo thugs are for Indy to beat up! "Infadel!"

I got the German soldier w/motorcycle at Target for $7.99.

At this rate, Target won't have any Indy toys by Christmas. :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Don't worry you're not missing anything! They rarely have anything. They are a knockoff of Walmart.

I'd usually agree with that statement, but not tonight.

Thanks to the tip, I was able to track down 2 sets of the TOD wave tonight. I stopped at a few Meijer stores on my way from toledo to dayton and no luck, but once I got back into my area of dayton, I found three: Willie, Guard, and Chief Guard. I called around and found a store that had Mola Rom and when I headed out there to pick him up, I asked if they had more in the back. Their computers said they had NONE, which was wrong as I had two in my hand and more were on the shelf. I bumped into a manager, asked him about it, and he was nice enough to bring out more figures!!

They look like they're arriving on a brown colored displayer, as he brought out two, each carrying two rows of two pegs of figures. One display had a few TOD figures mixed in, but the other one was mostly TOD figures. I was able to complete my set, grab an extra Short round for a friend that I used to work with at wally world and the remaining five go to my buddy out in Cali. For some reason the UPC's are different, so see if they can GO IN THE BACK AND LOOK instead of just playing on the computer.

I might have an extra Chief Guard and/or Willie, but i'm currently only trading one of them for Short Round for my buddy so he has a complete set.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for extras for you folks. For those of us in the midwest, CHECK MEIJER STORES!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(sorry for the iffy pics from my camera phone).

Beast
10-16-2008, 11:09 PM
Meijer's predates Wal-Mart.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Meijer's predates Wal-Mart.

You mean MEIJER, right, Beast? :p

Nothing irriates me more about midwesterners who add S to everything: Meijers, Krogers, etc. It's MEIJER. SINGULAR. :whip:

El Chuxter
10-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Nothing irritates me more than Slicker's mom.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-17-2008, 12:50 AM
At the moment, I suppose, nothing irritates me more than Meijer not being in Colorado. :frus:

Mvader91
10-17-2008, 01:41 AM
I'd usually agree with that statement, but not tonight.

Thanks to the tip, I was able to track down 2 sets of the TOD wave tonight. I stopped at a few Meijer stores on my way from toledo to dayton and no luck, but once I got back into my area of dayton, I found three: Willie, Guard, and Chief Guard. I called around and found a store that had Mola Rom and when I headed out there to pick him up, I asked if they had more in the back. Their computers said they had NONE, which was wrong as I had two in my hand and more were on the shelf. I bumped into a manager, asked him about it, and he was nice enough to bring out more figures!!

They look like they're arriving on a brown colored displayer, as he brought out two, each carrying two rows of two pegs of figures. One display had a few TOD figures mixed in, but the other one was mostly TOD figures. I was able to complete my set, grab an extra Short round for a friend that I used to work with at wally world and the remaining five go to my buddy out in Cali. For some reason the UPC's are different, so see if they can GO IN THE BACK AND LOOK instead of just playing on the computer.

I might have an extra Chief Guard and/or Willie, but i'm currently only trading one of them for Short Round for my buddy so he has a complete set.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for extras for you folks. For those of us in the midwest, CHECK MEIJER STORES!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

(sorry for the iffy pics from my camera phone).Dude! Nice find I stand corrected. Does anyone have proof of Meijer predating Walmart or are we dealing with a Meijer employee? LOL

RooJay
10-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Meijer is a discount department store / supermarket chain here in the Midwest. I read reports of people finding them there so I took a chance and stopped by a couple stores while in Indianapolis. I found the TOD figs on an endcap shelf, wedged in between overstock of superhero movie figures.

You mean to say that you would have two complete sets; lucky duck!

LTBasker
10-17-2008, 03:34 AM
Does anyone have proof of Meijer predating Walmart or are we dealing with a Meijer employee? LOL

To the wiki!

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (or Walmart as written in its new logo) is an American public corporation that runs a chain of large, discount department stores. It is the world's largest public corporation by revenue, according to the 2008 Fortune Global 500.[5] Founded by Sam Walton in 1962, it was incorporated on October 31, 1969, and listed on the New York Stock Exchange in 1972.

Meijer is a regional American hypermarket chain based in Walker, Michigan. Founded in 1934 as a supermarket chain, Meijer is credited with pioneering the modern supercenter concept in 1962.

sebillba
10-17-2008, 04:26 AM
Got my TOD set yesterday, so I'm bang up to date. :D It's a great feeling to have a complete set, but bittersweet that there won't be any more.

What can I say? The sculpts and paint are amazing, really sharp and detailed. Great accessories too, especially Mola Ram. I wasn't sure about the Indy sculpt from pics, I thought it looked a little cartoony, but IRL it's superb. I haven't tried any headswaps yet, but apparently this head fits the KOTCS body perfectly.

Mine came from Star Action Figures, an awesome online seller, they even pick out the best paint apps for me. One surprise though was that they had the UK/Euro stickers on the cards, and also the Crystal Skeleton redemption forms were the UK/Euro versions, so maybe they'll hit retail over here... If they do, I might get an extra Indy or two to make the perfect Raiders/Cairo Indys (though for now the Pitfall heads do a pretty good job).

I had to go out last night, so didn't get time to open them all, but as soon as I get the chance, I'll be re-arranging my display, and my Akator Temple will become the Temple of Doom!! :D :D

Old Fossil
10-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Cheese and crackers! Those are great finds. Glad to hear the paint apps are up to snuff.

I hope WM and Target hurry up and get these in.

Old Fossil
10-17-2008, 12:49 PM
HTS has pulled the Temple of Doom wave (save for Mola Ram, which is still listed as "out of stock") from its site.:(

Maybe it's temporary.

sebillba
10-18-2008, 04:36 AM
Woolworths in the UK have got a 3 for 2 offer on all toys this weekend, so I've just got the three battle packs. Sure, they're all repacks, but the scenes look amazing, so I got them just to keep sealed for display - I never do this, that's how much I love this line.

Ji'dai
10-18-2008, 10:10 AM
You mean to say that you would have two complete sets; lucky duck! I wish! I'm two Chief Temple Guards and one Temple Guard short of two complete sets. If I ever find this wave in quantity, I'm going to army build the Thuggees.

Those child Anakins & Boba Fett I have from the SW line are destined for a mines of Pankot display I have in mind. They will dig to support our cause! Now I wish I'd bought Zett Jukasa.

HTS has pulled the Temple of Doom wave (save for Mola Ram, which is still listed as "out of stock") from its site.:(

Maybe it's temporary. They pulled the Last Crusade figs too. Probably trying to give their servers a rest from all those collectors requesting those two pages on a daily basis. I know I've been checking the TOD section every day.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Tried to take a few better pics. not much better, but hopefully you'll get the gist of the figs.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-18-2008, 06:20 PM
One more....

I bought the Lost Temple playset today as well. I had a coupon that knocked off 10 bucks and it expires today, so I figured "what the hell?" Plus, my completist bones wouldn't let me be without it for too long anyway.

I did some more hunting for TOD figures and came up empty handed. :( Hopefully I can find some more soon! :thumbsup:

Beast
10-18-2008, 07:30 PM
Well, we now have official official confirmation that the RotLA 2 wave is indeed cancelled.

TNI: There are rumors the Toht wave of figures has been canceled. Is this true?

Hasbro: This is true - the second Raiders line will not be coming to retail in 2009 as previously planned.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-18-2008, 07:32 PM
But they also said that they'd restart the line if/when there's another movie, so I have to assume that they'll release those figures at that time.

Beast
10-18-2008, 08:09 PM
But they also said that they'd restart the line if/when there's another movie, so I have to assume that they'll release those figures at that time.
Aye. On the bright side.... at least Lucas is brainstorming for Indy V.

figrin bran
10-18-2008, 09:07 PM
I took advantage of the Target sale and picked up Mutt w. Motorcycle and the TLC battlepack. At least I have my Vogel now.

Ji'dai
10-20-2008, 05:53 AM
At least the LEGO line will continue. It's enjoyed considerable success during the past year and I'm looking forward to the new sets in that line. The Temple of Doom set has gangsters with black fedoras. One of them could pass for Toht. Though not much consolation for 3-3/4" collectors, Tuxedo Indy, Short Round, and Shanghai Willie Scott mini-figs are coming too. Hopefully LEGO will do a "passage to Pankot" set with some elephants.

Jayspawn
10-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Well theres hope for that. Its a shame that Hasblo spent so much time and effort on the Mighty Mugs (crickets chirping) where they could have released another line of figures or have done larger assortments.

Ji'dai
10-21-2008, 06:25 AM
I've wanted that LEGO fedora in black since I got the first Indy sets last December!

HTS raised the prices of basic Indy figures to $7.99! I guess I should've ordered all those hard to find wave 1 and 2 figs when I had the chance. Hasbro no nuts... Hasbro craaazy!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-21-2008, 10:40 AM
I headed back into Toledo yesterday morning and went hunting last night and found more TOD figures. I found a few at a store near my apt and then felt frisky and called around to the remaining Meijer stores. After they failed, I tried one a bit away from me and they had the same display in the back that hadn't even been opened yet. So, I talked to this fantastically awesome meijer employee fella who said he'd keep it in the back until I showed up.

So I drove the nearly 35 mile round trip to pick up extra figures and was able to just clean the display of all 12 Temple of Doom figures.

now, the two extra sets I have are pretty much spoken for and the extra figures are nearly done, but I DO have an extra Willie and Chief Guard left.

If anybody is interested, let me know. I have a small selection of boxes with me here in Toledo, so you might get an oversized box; that is unless you are an opener and then I can just throw the carded figuers in a large padded envelope.

Let me know! :thumbsup:

defiant00
10-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Unbelievable, some people are finding the ToD wave in stores, and in FL I've yet to see the LC wave! I'm glad I ordered a case of that wave from Razor's Edge; I'm doing the same with this one!

JediTricks
10-21-2008, 05:18 PM
Old Fossil helped me get these 2:
Indy Grail Knight - very good, a few little things holding back from greatness (odd ankle pose, no ankle articulation, non-usable sword sheath, deco is very clean), but looks nice holding the grail. Satisfying figure overall, fits the bill, they did a good job making a knight figure which is way off the beaten path for the SW team. Relic is his brother's shield, and for the first time in the line, I think it's actually slightly too SMALL for figure use, all the other relics are way too big.

Indy Elsa Schneider - Looks good, but I haven't opened it yet, not sure if it'll fit in my collection.

And at Target, on sale:
Indy Dlx Mutt on Motorcycle - Decent set, fun even, though not very Indy-esque. Sunglasses on Mutt look pretty bad, and misshapen. Head is misshapen like they didn't let the plastic cool right, his head is dented and his jaw out of shape. Body is good except for wide crotch. Bike is very good, rubber tires, Hasbro aped most of the notes including the goofy modernized stuff like disk brakes; only drawback is the triple-tree and headstock are stretched way up, raising the headlight and handlebars. Footboards are rubbery and warped but I suspect they can be returned to regular shape. I like this set outside the Shia context more than anything, I wanted a Harley for my SW figures. :p

At least the LEGO line will continue. It's enjoyed considerable success during the past year and I'm looking forward to the new sets in that line. The Temple of Doom set has gangsters with black fedoras. One of them could pass for Toht. Though not much consolation for 3-3/4" collectors, Tuxedo Indy, Short Round, and Shanghai Willie Scott mini-figs are coming too. Hopefully LEGO will do a "passage to Pankot" set with some elephants.

18432Nice find! Willie looks like she's wearing her shirt backwards tho'. :p

Nice call on Toht substitution, totally works.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Just to let everyone know - JMG hooked me up with Shorty and Indy, so nobody else needs to look for me anymore (for your reference). Thanks!

Mvader91
10-22-2008, 02:25 AM
To the wiki!
Thanks, I stand corrected as well as my comment they never have anything! Found TOD wave! They were actually hanging on side of aisle in a reddish marooon box hanger. These figures are awesome the detail is great! Way to go Meijer, pioneer of superstores!

jonthejedi
10-22-2008, 04:45 AM
How about us easterners...any sightings at other mass merchants?

figrin bran
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I headed back into Toledo yesterday morning and went hunting last night and found more TOD figures. I found a few at a store near my apt and then felt frisky and called around to the remaining Meijer stores. After they failed, I tried one a bit away from me and they had the same display in the back that hadn't even been opened yet. So, I talked to this fantastically awesome meijer employee fella who said he'd keep it in the back until I showed up.

So I drove the nearly 35 mile round trip to pick up extra figures and was able to just clean the display of all 12 Temple of Doom figures.

now, the two extra sets I have are pretty much spoken for and the extra figures are nearly done, but I DO have an extra Willie and Chief Guard left.

If anybody is interested, let me know. I have a small selection of boxes with me here in Toledo, so you might get an oversized box; that is unless you are an opener and then I can just throw the carded figuers in a large padded envelope.

Let me know! :thumbsup:

JMG, I'll take that Willie from you if no one else has already.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-22-2008, 01:59 PM
JMG, I'll take that Willie from you if no one else has already.

Sadly, FB, a few people jumped ahead of you. If find more or something happens where I have extra, i'll let you know. :)

Two more things:

1. Target has the Akator set for $34.99, cheaper than TRU.
2. for those of us in Ohio/Kentucky, maybe MI and IN, TOD figures have been found at Kroger grocery stores.

The distribution of this wave gets goofier and goofier by the day.

Ji'dai
10-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice call on Toht substitution, totally works. I think that Shanghai mini-fig looks a little too much like Toht to be entirely coincidental. Nice that LEGO would do that if that was the intention. There's not a lot of set possibilities were an actual Toht fig could be included.

Thanks, I stand corrected as well as my comment they never have anything! Found TOD wave! They were actually hanging on side of aisle in a reddish marooon box hanger. These figures are awesome the detail is great! Way to go Meijer, pioneer of superstores! I saw some of those on sidekicks when I made the rounds last Sunday. I only found a couple ToD Indys though. I checked the Meijer in Carmel and the one on 96th St. but both stores said they didn't have 'em.

for those of us in Ohio/Kentucky, maybe MI and IN, TOD figures have been found at Kroger grocery stores.

The distribution of this wave gets goofier and goofier by the day. Might be prudent to check other unlikely venues too - Walgreens, CVS, home improvement stores, etc. I stopped by a Walgreens and Menards this afternoon and they've gotten in loads of toys for the holiday shopping season. Maybe the big box retailers have cancelled their orders and Hasbro is scrambling to sell their remaining stock to other retail outlets.

I saw the TRU exclusive Jungle Cutter with Indy and 2 Russian Soldiers today. It normally sells for $40, but in the TRU catalog I got in the mail it's on sale for $35.

Old Fossil
10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
If any o'youse regulars here still need Colonel Vogel, pm me. I got an extra from Target & I'll pass it on to you for the $6.99+shipping.:smoker:

LTBasker
10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Found the Target battlepacks today, only had the money to pick up one of the Tank Showdowns, but hopefully they'll have the second one and one of the ROTLA packs. They're $20 each, and appear to be packed 2 of each to a case if anybody's wondering. They also had the temple playset with the bonus figures.

Sadly, still no sign of Vogel, Grail Knight or Elsa here on the cards, and I highly doubt ToD will ever show up here. I don't actually mind the lack of ToD too much, I just want Indy, Short Round and maybe a few of the Guards.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Apparently people here in Colorado have found the TOD wave at King Soopers, which is our equivalent of Kroger. I haven't checked yet, but I think I'm good anyway after Short Round and Indiana.

Jayspawn
10-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I've been looking high and low at King Soopers here in CO -nothing. They have SW figures (some). But a friend found them at a Soopers in Co. Springs so its defiantly not a myth.

Ji'dai
10-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Saw yet another variation of the electronic whip. The newest one has a fedora packaged with the whip. I thought it looked like a nice hat, albeit a child-sized one.

TheDarthVader
10-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Feel free to PM me if anyone finds Elsa and/or Grail Knight. I have a deal pending for a Vogel, so the only LC figures I need are the aforementioned two. I would really appreciate it!

DarkArtist
10-25-2008, 12:46 PM
went to the new TRU last night in East Brunswick and was able to pick up Vogel and Elsha for a buddy of mine. they had the Jungle Cutter with Indy and 2 Russians, the Akator playset with figures as well. no sign of the canvas top Cargo Truck though

Ji'dai
10-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Toys R Us has the Akator Playset on sale for $33.99 from October 26 - November 22. The Jungle Cutter with 3 pack-in figures is also on sale for $34.99.

There will also be a Sam's Club exclusive Akator Playset with four figures. The regular release has just two pack-ins - Ugha Warrior and Indy.

Engineernerd
10-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Can somebody tell me how the Jungle Cutter got made and not the duckboat car thingee? I just don't get it, the jungle cutter has less than a minute or so of screen time and the other one is in the whole sequence.

Any idea what four figures the Sam's club set will come with?

Beast
10-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Can somebody tell me how the Jungle Cutter got made and not the duckboat car thingee? I just don't get it, the jungle cutter has less than a minute or so of screen time and the other one is in the whole sequence.
Because the toys are developed at the same time the movie is being made.

So the script and plans for certain vehicles and characters can change.

Hasbro might have considered it the most 'Toyetic' vehicle to choose form also.

Engineernerd
10-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Because the toys are developed at the same time the movie is being made.

So the script and plans for certain vehicles and characters can change.

Hasbro might have considered it the most 'Toyetic' vehicle to choose form also.

Yeah, I know. I think it was a big miss on their part though. There were two of the ducks on the screen at the same time, folks would have probably wanted two for that reason.

Maybe one of the more generic military lines will "just happen" to bring one out. We can only hope.

Ji'dai
10-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Any idea what four figures the Sam's club set will come with? Indy, Ugha Warrior, Spalko, and t-shirt Mutt! (http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=13439)

Engineernerd
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Indy, Ugha Warrior, Spalko, and t-shirt Mutt! (http://toynewsi.com/index.php?itemid=13439)

Well at least I don't have 3 of them.

DarkArtist
10-26-2008, 05:28 PM
picked up deluxe Mutt and Cycle at Target today. spotted the DVD pack of TLC and was tempted to buy it but something looked fishy about it so I passed. Is Henry Jones holding something because it looks like he was holding something and it was removed. would have grabbed it for the Vogel and the 2 German soliders, but i passed.

bigbarada
10-26-2008, 05:32 PM
picked up deluxe Mutt and Cycle at Target today. spotted the DVD pack of TLC and was tempted to buy it but something looked fishy about it so I passed. Is Henry Jones holding something because it looks like he was holding something and it was removed. would have grabbed it for the Vogel and the 2 German soliders, but i passed.

Well, the carded Henry Jones is holding the Grail Diary; but he wouldn't have had it during the tank chase. Elsa would have had it at that point, I believe.

TheDarthVader
10-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I don't know if they included it in that set, but it looked like you wouldn't get Henry's hat either. So they just left out some accessories that I would want. That=disappointing...

LTBasker
10-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Yeah, it looks like Henry doesn't come with anything in the Tank set, not even his glasses. His paint application looks much cheaper too.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-28-2008, 12:01 PM
I found an extra Henry, Vogel and Elsa today while out galavanting. If you want them, drop me a PM. I prefer to sell them all at once as I only have like 2 boxes up here in Toledo with me. I found them at TRU, so its' gonna be like 8.50 a figure plus S&H.

TrU also droppd their price on the temple of akator to 33ish. HH! :thumbsup:

Sinscia Fat'o
10-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Got the Temple of Doom Wave today, and as great as the figures are, it really sucks as these are the end of the line from what i'm gathering. The whole wave though is awesome, indie from the this wave is worth the wait also.

Mvader91
10-28-2008, 12:53 PM
Got the Temple of Doom Wave today, and as great as the figures are, it really sucks as these are the end of the line from what i'm gathering. The whole wave though is awesome, indie from the this wave is worth the wait also.
I agree 100%. This wave kickss major booty!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-28-2008, 01:23 PM

Nice! Where were you able to snag them at?!! Congrats! :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
10-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I see Hasbro has a full page inside back cover ad for Indy TOD wave in Toyfare mag...so I can't believe they're not giving this set a wide release at mass merchants.

DarkArtist
10-29-2008, 08:16 AM
still no sightings of the TOD wave here in Jersey. really want at least one of each figure, maybe a couple extra thugee

sebillba
10-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I received a 5 voucher for TRU yesterday, so decided to pick up a couple more 12" figures before the line ends - got the Cairo Indy and Swordsman.... then I saw there was an offer of buy 2 get 1 free on all Indy toys, so looked for something else.... and found the Jungle Cutter with 3 figures had been reduced from 29.99 to 19.99 (same price as the 12"s), so I got that free!!! :D And got my fiver off the other two as well!!! :D:D

The cutter and swordsman have been tucked away for Christmas, but I was allowed to open the Indy so I could finally send away for my Ark. I was less than impressed with the whip-cracking action, so have swapped the body with a regular GI Joe, added a jacket and a couple of the pack-in relics to make my ultimate Hasbro Indy.... and it looks pretty good. It'll certainly do me till I finally get my Sideshow Indy.:thumbsup:

Sinscia Fat'o
10-29-2008, 11:30 AM
Nice! Where were you able to snag them at?!! Congrats! :thumbsup:

EE Pre Order. I wasn't going through the nightmare of the last crusade wave again, and the TOD wave looked to be one of the best line ups for the line so far.

If they just had line ups like this from the get go then this line would have survived at least through the spring.

DarkArtist
10-31-2008, 10:59 AM
EE Pre Order. I wasn't going through the nightmare of the last crusade wave again, and the TOD wave looked to be one of the best line ups for the line so far.

If they just had line ups like this from the get go then this line would have survived at least through the spring.

was thinking of order from EE as well on this wave but not liking that the one wave of figures with the TOD wave comes with 2 extra Mutt's and 2 Idol Indy as well as 2 of the rocket launcher Indy's

TheDarthVader
10-31-2008, 04:11 PM
I don't know if the TOD has the crystal skeleton promotional stickers so i was wondering...is hasbro going to extend the offer for a longer duration like they did for the captain rex figure? that would be a good question for ask hasbro!!!

Ji'dai
10-31-2008, 04:35 PM
All of the mail-away promotions have been extended through the end of the year. The TOD wave does indeed have the relic stickers and redemption forms. The expiration dates on the cardbacks and forms have been changed to reflect the extension of the mail-away offers.

Sinscia Fat'o
11-02-2008, 02:38 PM
was thinking of order from EE as well on this wave but not liking that the one wave of figures with the TOD wave comes with 2 extra Mutt's and 2 Idol Indy as well as 2 of the rocket launcher Indy's

LOL, they'll just be christmas gifts, custom fodder, ETC, no biggie really. As i didn't buy the rocket launcher indie or the sub machine gun indie so the entire line up wasn't a total loss for me.

DarkArtist
11-03-2008, 11:44 AM
LOL, they'll just be christmas gifts, custom fodder, ETC, no biggie really. As i didn't buy the rocket launcher indie or the sub machine gun indie so the entire line up wasn't a total loss for me.

i might do just that. custom fodder is always nice and if worse comes to worse can always give the figures out to toys for tots or as treats for Halloween next year.

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Last week I found one of the cardboard endcap displays at Meijer- 1/2 TOD wave and 1/2 reissues. I picked up Short Round the day I found him, went back 2 days later and NOTHING else had sold. I got Mola Ram and Willie on the second visit. About 3 days after that I was there again and still nothing else had sold so I got two Thuggee Guards, the Boss Guard and a second Short Round.
I was there again yesterday, and nothing else had sold. They still had 1 Mola, 1 Boss Guard and 1 Willie.
I was surprised that this new, awesome wave of figures sat around like it did, but I guess this lack of general interest is why this is the final wave...

Sinscia Fat'o
11-03-2008, 12:44 PM
Last week I found one of the cardboard endcap displays at Meijer- 1/2 TOD wave and 1/2 reissues. I picked up Short Round the day I found him, went back 2 days later and NOTHING else had sold. I got Mola Ram and Willie on the second visit. About 3 days after that I was there again and still nothing else had sold so I got two Thuggee Guards, the Boss Guard and a second Short Round.
I was there again yesterday, and nothing else had sold. They still had 1 Mola, 1 Boss Guard and 1 Willie.
I was surprised that this new, awesome wave of figures sat around like it did, but I guess this lack of general interest is why this is the final wave...

That's insane. Simply Insane. Great find though, I really doubt any of this wave will actually hit my area as most stores are simply over stocked of the previous waves. . .except for the Last Crusade which is still a pain in my back side. . . Though if it does actually hit around here i'll pick up a few extras of Willie and Thugee guards. I'm just heart broken that the last wave won't be out...i really wanted that Indie as a nazi, and Toht. I hope Hasbro actually at least gives us the last and final wave. . .after TOD.

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm just heart broken that the last wave won't be out...i really wanted that Indie as a nazi, and Toht. I hope Hasbro actually at least gives us the last and final wave. . .after TOD.

Y'know, I'm pretty sure that Hasbro said in the last round of Q&A's that if there is another Indy flick, the "lost" Raiders wave would be produced after the obligatory new movie wave. Given that KOTCS was considered a success to some degree, and "Mutt" is being groomed as Indy's replacement- we may have to wait a few years but I think the wave will be produced...

DarkArtist
11-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Y'know, I'm pretty sure that Hasbro said in the last round of Q&A's that if there is another Indy flick, the "lost" Raiders wave would be produced after the obligatory new movie wave. Given that KOTCS was considered a success to some degree, and "Mutt" is being groomed as Indy's replacement- we may have to wait a few years but I think the wave will be produced...

oh I so hope that they don't use the Mutt angle. not a big fan of Mutt Williams. would rather see a company like Mezco take over the rights to the Indy franchise and give us some really neat SA Figures.

TheDarthVader
11-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Hey Daryl, why don't you buy me a set and I will pay you for them plus the shipping to me of course. Just send me a PM. Because I can not find not one TOD figure here. I am in the US.

I mailed away for my crystal skeleton today (one of the few that I am looking forward to getting).

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 09:11 PM
oh I so hope that they don't use the Mutt angle. not a big fan of Mutt Williams.

Yeah, if I had to pin down one thing that I really hated about KOTCS it is the Monkey-King Tarzan scene.:ninja:

Totally agree about a different company handling Indy. It should be a collector focused line and really any company the size of Hasbro is bound to fumble with the license. Mezco would be great if the Hellboy figs are any indication, maybe even McFarlane because when they add articulation they usually do it well.

If we can still ask Indy questions in the Q&A, maybe we should ask if Hasbro has the exclusive rights through the next few movies or if another company could make figures...

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, if I had to pin down one thing that I really hated about KOTCS it is the Monkey-King Tarzan scene.:ninja:

Totally agree about a different company handling Indy. It should be a collector focused line and really any company the size of Hasbro is bound to fumble with the license. Mezco would be great if the Hellboy figs are any indication, maybe even McFarlane because when they add articulation they usually do it well.

If we can still ask Indy questions in the Q&A, maybe we should ask if Hasbro has the exclusive rights through the next few movies or if another company could make figures...

I don't know about Mezco; for every good HB figure I see, I then spot a crappy WARRIORS or HEROES figure. They would have to do some stellar work.

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 09:31 PM
I don't know about Mezco; for every good HB figure I see, I then spot a crappy WARRIORS or HEROES figure. They would have to do some stellar work.

Yeah, they are a company that freely jumps back and forth between realistic and cartoony/wacky/over-the-top sculpting. I think the Hellboy-type production would work with Indy, but they would need to get their sculptors in line-:whip: - I passed on the Hellboy Liz figure. As the only human, she was the weakest one in the line for me by far...I would hate to see Marion or Willie sculpted like that!

pbarnard
11-03-2008, 09:36 PM
All the business about switching companies is nonsense. Hasbro and LFL have a long relationship lined with money for both. LFL would rather have the money paid by Hasbro and them making nothing than have to give part of it back and take some thing similar only to have the same thing happen: Once everyone has Indy and every other character what next? There just aren't that many characters and Indiana Jones real appeal as a character is that his actual enemies/poses are more against the environment than other figures.

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
Once everyone has Indy and every other character what next? There just aren't that many characters and Indiana Jones real appeal as a character is that his actual enemies/poses are more against the environment than other figures.

In a way, that is exactly why a company the size of Hasbro can not really do a line like Indy effectively. Hasbro and the like have production models that they run their business by. If they handle a line, it has it's core product offering and satellite offerings that directly or indirectly relate to the core product. The Star Wars vehicle line directly relates to the core product, the Galactic Heroes are indirectly related and so on. It ALWAYS happens like this. Look at DC Superheroes, Power Rangers, TMNT, WWF, Transformers, Marvel Comics. They all use that model.

In theory, a smaller company could envision Indy any way it wanted to.

Example-
Indy Product is released quarterly, and each quarter a small number of offerings are made in the 3.75" scale that we all love. The latest wave is a ROTLA wave, focusing on the Marketplace scene. The wave has three boxed sets, between $25 and $30 each. One set has Marion, a Cargo Truck, a Driver, and a wicker basket. The second has Indy, the Swordsman, 3 random citizens, one wicker basket. The third set has 3 Kidnapper Guys, 2 random citizens, two wicker baskets.

This assortment/model does not revolve around a core line. There is no single carded element here, just multiple sets to build an environment.
Maybe the next quarter offers 3 or 4 "deluxe" type sets that combined to offer the TOD railcar chase with a section of track, both cars and the occupants.

Those are the types of things that I meant by "collector focused", and how a different company could do Indy justice but you're right- these are big licenses played with by big companies and they're all pretty comfortable with the big money...

TheRealDubya
11-03-2008, 10:39 PM
All the business about switching companies is nonsense. Hasbro and LFL have a long relationship lined with money for both. LFL would rather have the money paid by Hasbro and them making nothing than have to give part of it back and take some thing similar only to have the same thing happen: Once everyone has Indy and every other character what next? There just aren't that many characters and Indiana Jones real appeal as a character is that his actual enemies/poses are more against the environment than other figures.

Good points, but don't they, for lack of a better word, sublet the 12" Star Wars license to Sideshow? Couldn't they, in theory, sublet the Indy 3 3/4" scale as well?

pbarnard
11-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Here's the problem with your theory. Even the smaller lines are licensed. The company has to sell its designs to the creator/originator. The small company is not free to envision whatever it wants. So what if they offer a rail car? They can't offer a tunnel that floods. They can't offer 300 foot drops. Environment, total environment. Fourth time I've said it, without interactive environments, no company can make this line beyond 1 wave.

Beast
11-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Don't forget Mezco totally farked up the Goonies line, which could have been awesome.

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 10:59 PM
My initial purchases of Hasbro's line revolved around setting up the Ark chase scene. I needed the truck, the car, the horse, the ark and a bunch of soldiers. $120 or so later and I was good to go. I've got a pretty cool shelf going on right now, and I personally don't need actual dust kicking up or a real dirt road to think it's a cool setup. I'd be really happy with a few more shelves of things like the railcar chase, the tank scene, the fight with the mechanic and the bug tunnel from TOD!
It just seems to me that you have really high expectations for a line of toys. And hey, I don't really know your tastes- you may hate Indy for all I know, so no offense intended here...

Daryl VayDar
11-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Don't forget Mezco totally farked up the Goonies line, which could have been awesome.

I averted my eyes on that one... but hey, there was a reason I picked up a second Short Round. :thumbsup:

TheRealDubya
11-04-2008, 12:42 AM
Yeah, I'm not really interested in environments. Just figures. Who knows?

The Goonies line was an eyesore.

Old Fossil
11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Any o' y'all regulars still need the Grail Knight or Young Indy, pm me. My Target still has a couple of each that I can pick up over the weekend for those as need 'em.:smoker:

JediTricks
11-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Dang, you are the man for this line!

TheDarthVader
11-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Old fossil has helped me out with this line and I highly recommend him! He is DEFINITIVELY the man!

DarkArtist
11-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Old fossil has helped me out with this line and I highly recommend him! He is DEFINITIVELY the man!

couldn't have said it better myself

figrin bran
11-07-2008, 06:45 PM
I found my toy grail, Elsa, today!!! I also bought Vogel as the only one I had was from the Target battlepack and I didn't open it up.

At least Target has marked the figures down to 5.99. Hopefully I'll find the TOD wave from them.

Jayspawn
11-07-2008, 09:43 PM

I'll 2nd that -hes awesome!

Got my Motorcycle w/sidecar today from Marauders. See link below. It fits Henry perfectly and LC Indy fits just fine w/ some adjustment. I got awesome service from them and the delivery was fast!

www.marauderinc.com

Old Fossil
11-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Bring it, bring it!... :love:

Been a pleasure dealing with all y'all...:laugh:Just been trying to clear out the pegs locally, hoping that a stray case of the TOD wave would show up... hasn't happened, though, and good Jedi Master Guyute was most kind to help me obtain the wave.

Altogether, a very nice circle of friends here, IMO.:thumbsup:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Post 1138 . . . I rule.

I got to open my Short Round and TOD Indy figures I got from JMG yesterday, and they rock! Indy's left knee is a little stiff and I feel like I'm going to pull it out when I try to move it, but they both look fantastic and had no paint problems at all.

Ji'dai
11-08-2008, 10:11 PM
I found a lone Chief Temple Guard and three Temple Guards from the TOD wave while on a christmas shopping trip with my sister-in-law today. I scored those figs at a couple Meijer stores in IL. So now I've got one complete set of the TOD wave and I'm on my way to having enough Thuggee guards to do a decent suspension bridge scene.

Meijer is still the place to find the TOD figures in the Midwest. I still have yet to see them at any other retailer. I've been checking the local Kroger stores but haven't had any luck there.

Also picked up another Cargo Truck with fabric canopy (my second one) at Target. The Meijer stores I hit had IJ vehicles on sale ($5 off). I only saw Jungle Cutters and plastic-canopy Cargo Trucks though.

jonthejedi
11-09-2008, 05:02 AM
...still no sign of these in the east, but I noticed another Hasbro TOD ad in new SW Insider mag.

DarkArtist
11-10-2008, 11:36 AM
i really hope this wave hits the east in large numbers, really want a couple of the Thuggee priests. still only seeing the same figures warming the pegs for months, been trying to thin them out of the German Soliders (making Imperial Field Officer customs with them).

here hoping that the TOD wave will hit big around the holidays and all of us will get lucky in the hunt and be able to grab a set.

the ebay prices are insane, 6 figures for $99 and singles starting at $14.99 and up.

jonthejedi
11-10-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm staying optimistic like you...cause I don't want to pay ebay prices.

jedimastergeorge06
11-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Well im finished with the indiana jones action figures. I found the last wave with short round at my kroger store. They had all of them. Im happy but im sad at the same time. I loved this line and im sad to see it end. But this last line is the best. This is the way it should end...I love it. My favorit is the mola ram. Hes very detailed. So dont give up....the line is popping up.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Well im finished with the indiana jones action figures. I found the last wave with short round at my kroger store. They had all of them. Im happy but im sad at the same time. I loved this line and im sad to see it end. But this last line is the best. This is the way it should end...I love it. My favorit is the mola ram. Hes very detailed. So dont give up....the line is popping up.

Good find. I found two more sets at Kroger (both of which have been snagged by forumites) and i'm still trying to find more. I don't know how much more is out there though. I've done what i could though hooking up several forumites, but i'll keep on trying! :thumbsup:

Beast
11-13-2008, 09:06 PM
It is kinda sad.

I liked the line from the beginning. Yes... you had to hunt for good paintjobs, but once that was worked out the line was amazing. But I should have known it wouldn't really have legs. There's really nothing eyecatching about the line since it's so based in reality.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Aw, don't look so sad, fellas. As stated before, it'll be back when Indiana Jones 5 comes around. I don't doubt that it'll happen, since KOTCS was successful (critical poo-pooing notwithstanding), but now it's just a matter of waiting until the three guys agree on another story.

Beast
11-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I know. But it's not like any of the 'Triad' are exactly young guys anymore.

But you can tell they did it more for fun than any desire for to please the fanboys or for monitary gain. Since fans are so fickle now adays. Besides, I've read some really great opinions about it from people I respect in the industry.

And at least Hasbro promised that the RotLA wave would definatly be released when that eventually happens. And maybe we'll get that promised Ark Ghost then also. :thumbsup:

figrin bran
11-14-2008, 01:21 AM
I don't suppose there have been any West Coast Ralphs sightings of the TOD wave? Ralphs being the West Coast branch of the Kroger family of stores.

They gave me a certificate good for Ralphs (and technically any Kroger store) at work today and it would be nice to get some figures along with groceries.

JediTricks
11-14-2008, 03:40 AM
Don't blame the fans for the film's lacking quality, they didn't write, star in, direct, or produce this thing. Even Spielberg all but said he wasn't really into it because of Lucas' wacky notions.

Anyway, Sideshow's 12" Indy is due in the next 30 days, along with the premium format. I don't know how I'm going to make this happen around the holidays, but I will.

Beast
11-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Don't blame the fans for the film's lacking quality, they didn't write, star in, direct, or produce this thing. Even Spielberg all but said he wasn't really into it because of Lucas' wacky notions.
Who says the film lacked quality? There's plenty of praise for it.

I'm simply saying that the fans are 20 years older and a lot more fickle. Especially when you consider the state of the world. Hell, even Shia noted that in one of his interviews.

We saw the same thing with the Prequels. Fans who have become jaded and are simply unable to switch off and just have fun with movies like they did when they were kids.

Droid
11-14-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm simply saying that the fans are 20 years older and a lot more fickle. Especially when you consider the state of the world. Hell, even Shia noted that in one of his interviews.

I love when people who made a movie defend it against critics by arguing we are too picky.

And I'm not going to have the star of Transformers and Indiana Jones IV lecture me on what makes a quality film.

jedimastergeorge06
11-14-2008, 03:56 PM
I will give every one that is looking a hint.....at your krogers or any store that is related to kroger there should be a main isle that has seasonal stuff...like christmas. They have toys stocked up in that isle also...thats where i found the indiana jones figures. Its where you least expect them to be. They were kinda hidden on four pegs along with other stuff...like star wars key chains and stuff like that. Thats if you have a big store and not the older ones unless your lucky. I hope it helps ever one that is looking for the last wave. You may get help if you ask some one that works in that department.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I will give every one that is looking a hint.....at your krogers or any store that is related to kroger there should be a main isle that has seasonal stuff...like christmas. They have toys stocked up in that isle also...thats where i found the indiana jones figures. Its where you least expect them to be. They were kinda hidden on four pegs along with other stuff...like star wars key chains and stuff like that. Thats if you have a big store and not the older ones unless your lucky. I hope it helps ever one that is looking for the last wave. You may get help if you ask some one that works in that department.

That's where I found my last two sets as well: the seasonal aisle. However, in my case they were on a brown cardboard stand/display in the middle of the aisle. It was the same brown display that I had found when I found the previous four sets at two Meijer stores. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Every Kroger store I've browsed has the seasonal section with a selection of toys, but I've yet to find any IJ stuff. It's possible that they've sold out too. It's a pain looking for this stuff at a supermarket like Kroger, since most stores have a lot of temporary cardboard toy displays scattered throughout the store. I just never know where they might put this stuff.

I did pick up some Clone Wars Animated Destroyer Droids for trade fodder. I'm looking for another Chief Temple Guard and more Temple Guards.

Blue2th
11-15-2008, 12:15 AM
I'll be checking the Smith's Stores since they are the Kroger brand out here.

RooJay
11-15-2008, 01:09 AM
Who says the film lacked quality? There's plenty of praise for it.

We saw the same thing with the Prequels. Fans who have become jaded and are simply unable to switch off and just have fun with movies like they did when they were kids.

Ooh! You done did it now! We've been down that road many times before my friend, and trust me - you will never win.

jedimastergeorge06
11-15-2008, 08:50 AM
If some one out there can find the newest star wars clone wars figures from wave 3 with dooku in it....my kroger store still has a few of the last wave of the indiana jones figures...maybe we can work out a trade. Im not worried about about the destroyer droid...just dooku, ventress,3po,plo koon and the assins droid. let me know...

Ji'dai
11-15-2008, 03:27 PM
If some one out there can find the newest star wars clone wars figures from wave 3 with dooku in it....my kroger store still has a few of the last wave of the indiana jones figures...maybe we can work out a trade. Im not worried about about the destroyer droid...just dooku, ventress,3po,plo koon and the assins droid. let me know... I have Clone Wars wave 3 in hand (http://i33.tinypic.com/2hhktg7.jpg), george. Maybe we can help each other out. PM on it's way.

figrin bran
11-16-2008, 01:04 AM
I checked a Ralphs (west coast Kroger's grocery chain) today and there wasn't any seasonal section with toys.

jonthejedi
11-16-2008, 05:17 AM
I def. need TOD wave...and it's looking more & more like they're a no-show in the east. I've even tried WalGreens & KOhls...nada.

JediTricks
11-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Who says the film lacked quality? There's plenty of praise for it.Suuure there is. You just keep telling yourself that as you cry yourself to sleep on nightmares of Indy vs aliens from another dimension.

I'm simply saying that the fans are 20 years older and a lot more fickle. Especially when you consider the state of the world. Hell, even Shia noted that in one of his interviews.Yes, Shia LaBeouf is noted for his world-worn intelligence and breadth of understanding of the human condition, and not at all a know-nothing punk kid. :rolleyes: I'll say it again, don't blame the fans for this film sucking, it's not that they're more fickle, it's that this movie sucked.

We saw the same thing with the Prequels. Fans who have become jaded and are simply unable to switch off and just have fun with movies like they did when they were kids.And look how loyal that casual and kid audiences were to the prequels, you can really tell by how it's always coming up in conversation and pop culture references and just a general feeling, same as Indy 4. Keep dreaming those dreams tho', JJBeast.

I will give every one that is looking a hint.....at your krogers or any store that is related to kroger there should be a main isle that has seasonal stuff...like christmas. They have toys stocked up in that isle also...thats where i found the indiana jones figures. Its where you least expect them to be. They were kinda hidden on four pegs along with other stuff...like star wars key chains and stuff like that. Thats if you have a big store and not the older ones unless your lucky. I hope it helps ever one that is looking for the last wave. You may get help if you ask some one that works in that department.Yeah, I checked my Ralphs, no such luck.

Anyway, I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him. Sideshow just let me know the 12" Indy figure is going to be ready to ship in the next 12 to 15 days, just in time for me to beat my wallet to death.

figrin bran
11-20-2008, 01:01 AM
Walmart.com had some TOD figures up earlier this week so that should mean that their brick and mortar stores should be getting this wave.

TheRealDubya
11-20-2008, 01:06 AM
Walmart.com had some TOD figures up earlier this week so that should mean that their brick and mortar stores should be getting this wave.

I saw that too; gives me hope.

As to the raging KOTCS debate...well, I'll be damned if I don't love that silly movie. And I used to be on the fence with it.

It doesn't quite fit in with the earlier films (to be sure) but it has its own kind of nutty brilliance. The editing of the set pieces alone will be studied for years to come. Certainly more entertaining by far than Eps I & II. Ep III, on the other hand, has some greatness in it.

Jayspawn
11-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Crystal Skull is an awesome movie! Finding myself liking it more as I watch it.

Still no sign on the Temple wave here.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2008, 11:09 AM

It might be longer than most think though as i'm assuming lots of stores still have older KOTCS and ROTLA stuff warming pegs. I've been looking for more sets though, with no luck.

jamesbondo07
11-20-2008, 11:25 AM
No TOD wave yet either. I did find a grail knight and Elsa a few days ago. I was amazed to see those. I just need 1 more out of that wave. But like most in this forum the pegs at Wal-Mart are full.

pbarnard
11-20-2008, 01:17 PM
no Tod Wave Yet Either. I Did Find A Grail Knight And Elsa A Few Days Ago. I Was Amazed To See Those. I Just Need 1 More Out Of That Wave. But Like Most In This Forum The Pegs At Wal-mart Are Full. Of Mutt Williams!!!!

DarkArtist
11-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Crystal Skull is an awesome movie! Finding myself liking it more as I watch it.

Still no sign on the Temple wave here.

I'm a fan of Crystal Skull but still not liking the ending with the aliens - if just seemed to much. the realism of Indy with the first 3 movies seemed more likely than Indy finding a long lost temple in the jungle that houses 13 skeletons of an alien race. still on the fence about the whole flick.

maybe if Santa brings me a gift of the DVD i might change my opinion but as of now KOTCS is definately my least favorite of the 4

DarkArtist
11-20-2008, 04:37 PM
picked up the Indy on Arabian Horse and the 2 pack of the Cairo Henchmen today at Walmart. thinking of getting a couple more of the henchmen for some troop building.....had an idea of making a diorama for GI JOE with Cobra Commander and Destro working alongside the Cairo Henchmen or something.

was also thinking of trying to army build the Russian Solider as well for a small October Guard diorama as well

Jayspawn
11-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Crystal Skull is #3 for me as Raiders rules and I have a soft spot for Last Crusade. I really liked Crystal Skull -more than Temple of Doom.

I'm wanting to build a Russian Soldier army (if not just a small one). Not sure why they didnt do a 2-pack for that one.

Mvader91
11-20-2008, 06:31 PM
I'm a fan of Crystal Skull but still not liking the ending with the aliens - if just seemed to much. the realism of Indy with the first 3 movies seemed more likely than Indy finding a long lost temple in the jungle that houses 13 skeletons of an alien race. still on the fence about the whole flick.

maybe if Santa brings me a gift of the DVD i might change my opinion but as of now KOTCS is definately my least favorite of the 4
Kinda like he found the real ten commandments and the cup of Christ to heal his dad? Againg these events are based on mythology and the like. :bandit:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2008, 06:43 PM
Just a reminder folks: this thread is about the Indiana Jones ACTION FIGURES. There is a seperate thread for the films that be found here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=21410

Thanks. :thumbsup:

DarkArtist
11-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Kinda like he found the real ten commandments and the cup of Christ to heal his dad? Againg these events are based on mythology and the like. :bandit:

i agree that the ideas are based on fantasy and mythology but the religious aspects of the first 3 seemed more realistic then the aliens of the 4th film.

Just a reminder folks: this thread is about the Indiana Jones ACTION FIGURES. There is a seperate thread for the films that be found here: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=21410

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I'm in agreement with you on this and i think what happened is that people starting talking about the fall of the line being tied to the movie and the vast quanties of Mutt Williams on the market and one thing lead to another and the threads got crossed. But yes this thread should be just about the Action Figures and not commentary on the movies.

hey i've finally did my first multi post - whoo hoo. never could figure out how to do one of these before.

pbarnard
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
i agree that the ideas are based on fantasy and mythology but the religious aspects of the first 3 seemed more realistic then the aliens of the 4th film.

Why is that? Because we aren't as familiar with Central and South American native mythologies and religions as we are others?

bigbarada
11-22-2008, 12:57 AM
Why is that? Because we aren't as familiar with Central and South American native mythologies and religions as we are others?

I think the problem is that there are soooo many movies about aliens these days. The previous Indy films were unique compared to what ever else was in the theaters at time. With this movie it was just more of the same old sci-fi stuff.

RooJay
11-22-2008, 02:26 AM
I had no problem with aliens being present in an Indy movie (although I would like to note that they are pretty much absent from the toy line aside from the one mail-away premium and the one accessory.) My problem was with the execution (which I also happen to feel was not nearly as life-ending as many around here seem to think.) I was a bit disappointed that I was not once again totally wowed by the new Indiana Jones movie I waited so long for, but I still found it enjoyable and entertaining.

DarkArtist
11-22-2008, 06:15 PM
spotted the canvas top Cargo Truck and the Raiders DVD gift set for the first time in Target today. almost picked up the Cargo Truck but passed and got 2 GI Joe Comic Packs, one Star Wars Comic Pack and the 2 exclusive Clone Troopers sets from Target

Ji'dai
11-23-2008, 02:02 PM
spotted the canvas top Cargo Truck and the Raiders DVD gift set for the first time in Target today. almost picked up the Cargo Truck but passed and got 2 GI Joe Comic Packs, one Star Wars Comic Pack and the 2 exclusive Clone Troopers sets from Target Where are your priorities, DA?! Passing on Indiana Jones for those obscure offerings from lesser lines... pfft.

And this thread is for discussing the greatest action figure line on the planet, not for posting toy hauls. Shame on you.

---

So I went through the mounds of Indy figures at WM this morning thinking I'd put together another set to keep carded... and ended up being disappointed yet again. Those paint jobs are just as bad now as they were back in May. Yeesh. I love the figures, but those googly eyes just kill the deal.

DarkArtist
11-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Where are your priorities, DA?! Passing on Indiana Jones for those obscure offerings from lesser lines... pfft.

And this thread is for discussing the greatest action figure line on the planet, not for posting toy hauls. Shame on you.

---

So I went through the mounds of Indy figures at WM this morning thinking I'd put together another set to keep carded... and ended up being disappointed yet again. Those paint jobs are just as bad now as they were back in May. Yeesh. I love the figures, but those googly eyes just kill the deal.

What was I thinking..... I know shame on me. Well I did plant the seed in my wife's mind that I would really love to get the canvas Cargo Truck, so hopefully she come through, if not I'll try getting it from HTS or Ebay.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
11-28-2008, 02:52 PM
waiting on my doorstep after I came home from Black Friday shopping was the complete set of TOD figures (thanks to Jedi Master Guyute). these figures look amazing, can't wait to display them in a huge Indy vs Star Wars vs GI JOE vs Hellboy diorama.

thanks again JMG

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-28-2008, 03:29 PM
waiting on my doorstep after I came home from Black Friday shopping was the complete set of TOD figures (thanks to Jedi Master Guyute). these figures look amazing, can't wait to display them in a huge Indy vs Star Wars vs GI JOE vs Hellboy diorama.

thanks again JMG

No problem dude. My pleasure! :thumbsup: I'm glad i've been able to help several of you get these TOD figures. I keep looking for more EVERYWHERE I go, from wal-mart stores to Meijer to Kroger to random places like Kohls and hobby shops. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more!

And I agree: they are really amazing. If hasbro had put this high of quality figures since the launch, I really think the line could've had more life to it......oh, and less Mutt figures. Those two would have equaled a final ROTLA wave. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
11-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Found remnants of the TOD wave at Meijer, which is what I always find. Fortunately they're the ones I want the most - Thuggees. I got 2 Chief Temple Guards and another Temple Guard, my fifth one.

So with the Chief Temple Guards I got today, I finally have two complete TOD sets now, one to open and one to keep MOC.

Also picked up two Deluxe Indy with Ark. Both figs had good paint jobs and I love the Ark!

figrin bran
11-29-2008, 11:50 PM
I got my box of TOD figures in the mail from JMG! Many, many thanks to you! :thumbsup:

Old Fossil
11-30-2008, 10:01 AM
I, too, only got the TOD wave because of JMG. He gets my vote for SSG's Forumite of the Year.:thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-30-2008, 05:30 PM
I got my box of TOD figures in the mail from JMG! Many, many thanks to you! :thumbsup:

I, too, only got the TOD wave because of JMG. He gets my vote for SSG's Forumite of the Year.:thumbsup:

Glad you got your figs, FB!! And many thanks for the kind words! I appreciate them! :thumbsup:

I'll keep looking for more TOD figures here in Ohio. No luck over the weekend though.

jonthejedi
11-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Still hoping TOD finds its way to the eastern retailers...but at this point, who knows?

DarkArtist
11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
well i finally got all the Indy figures yesterday with the purchase of the deluxe Marion and Cairo Thug. the only missing items of the Indy line are the Jungle Cutter and the Akator playset which i'm passing on since i'm not a fan of either.

all that remains is getting another of the Cargo Trucks (but with the cloth top)

TheDarthVader
12-01-2008, 11:39 AM
JMG, put me on the wait list as needing each one from the TOD set. PM me if you find anything, I would much appreciate it! SAME GOES FOR YOU TOO, OLDFOSSIL. :D THANKS!

Droid
12-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Are the Last Crusade Adventure Heroes out?

Ji'dai
12-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Haven't seen the LC Adventure Heroes at all. I found two sets of the TOD ones at WM in early October, but nothing since then.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Haven't seen the LC Adventure Heroes at all. I found two sets of the TOD ones at WM in early October, but nothing since then.

Ji'dai, let me ask you: are your meijer stores actually re-stocking the TOD wave? I've checked the same meijer stores in my area (s) since finding the TOD waves weeks ago and I haven't seen squat.

Just wanted to see if you have had any luck.

TDV- I'll put you on my list. hehehehe :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
12-01-2008, 10:40 PM
Ji'dai, let me ask you: are your meijer stores actually re-stocking the TOD wave? I've checked the same meijer stores in my area (s) since finding the TOD waves weeks ago and I haven't seen squat.

Just wanted to see if you have had any luck. I guess the short answer is no.

I've checked the store where I first found most of the wave back in October two or three times since (including last Saturday) and haven't seen any TOD figures on any of those visits. The other store I went to Saturday didn't have the wave a few weeks ago, but did have remnants of the wave this time around (the Guards, which I purchased).

"My" Meijer stores are in other cities; the nearest store is about 70 miles away. Given the odds of actually finding the figs on a random hunting trip, I think I've been quite fortunate to be able to put together two sets plus get a few extra Guards for army building. I've never been able to find a complete set in one trip, even when hitting multiple stores on a jaunt (there are like 9 or 10 Meijer stores in the Indy metro area).

I haven't had any luck with Kroger at all, whether it be local or out-of-town stores.

jonthejedi
12-02-2008, 04:19 AM
I can use help on TOD wave as well...or let me know if you can't find a SW item, I'll do my best. Thanks in advance!

DarkArtist
12-02-2008, 08:29 AM

all they have in Jersey are rows upon rows of the first wave of Adventure Heroes, as of this morning there must have been 10 of the Ark Ghost staring at me in Wally World.

the shocking thing was that there were only 7 figures on the pegs and none of them were Mutt. 3 Belloq, 2 German Soliders and 1 Sallah. might go back and snag the 2 soliders for troop building and perhaps use one for a custom Indy as German Solider.

LTBasker
12-02-2008, 02:19 PM
I was having the nicest dream last night, I dreamt that I found 2 Vogels and 2 Elsas on the pegs, then I found another one of each that I grabbed for trading, and then I found a Short Round. Of course, when I started to wake up I realized I didn't find any Grail Knights. This line is killing my mind. :p

DarkArtist
12-02-2008, 04:49 PM
I was having the nicest dream last night, I dreamt that I found 2 Vogels and 2 Elsas on the pegs, then I found another one of each that I grabbed for trading, and then I found a Short Round. Of course, when I started to wake up I realized I didn't find any Grail Knights. This line is killing my mind. :p

dreaming of finding Indy figures, it's funny i had a similiar dream about finding that Hasbro decided to give us that second wave of ROTLA and finding bins upon bins of them. i rushed up to the register with about 20 complete sets for trading and when the clerk rang them up the figures began turning into Mutt Williams and RPG Indy's. i started to scream and tried to return the figures to the clerk who stood there and laughed at me. come to think of it it was more of a nightmare then a dream.

anyway......picked up 2 more German Soliders today along with a second Cairo Thug set.

Ji'dai
12-02-2008, 04:53 PM
all they have in Jersey are rows upon rows of the first wave of Adventure Heroes, as of this morning there must have been 10 of the Ark Ghost staring at me in Wally World. Pretty much the same story here. The Cairo Swordsman/Indy pack is kinda rare, but the others are plentiful.

I was having the nicest dream last night, I dreamt that I found 2 Vogels and 2 Elsas on the pegs, then I found another one of each that I grabbed for trading, and then I found a Short Round. Of course, when I started to wake up I realized I didn't find any Grail Knights. This line is killing my mind. :p I've had toy dreams too, but they are usually about vintage stuff (both SW and LEGO). I don't actively collect vintage either, which is the weird thing. I usually wake up when I realize in the dream that I shouldn't be finding so many MIB vintage toys in any store in the present day.

evenflow
12-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I have the LC Adventure heroes but i got them from BBTS. I figured they would never make it to the stores.

JediTricks
12-03-2008, 04:00 PM
For some reason, my local Target put out a ton of new Last Crusade figures, really packed the pegs with 'em, but the scalper bait was gone.

jedimastergeorge06
12-03-2008, 05:48 PM
i guess when you say scalper bait you are refering to henry jones sr right? i might be able to get him for you if you need him.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
For some reason, my local Target put out a ton of new Last Crusade figures, really packed the pegs with 'em, but the scalper bait was gone.

My Target did that too. I didn't browse them though, but I did see a few Henry Sr's at the front of the pegs.

LTBasker
12-03-2008, 08:32 PM

Was it just Indy and Henry left? I don't think that was signs of a Last Crusade case, they just seem to be in a refresher case with more Mutts and other pegwarmers. My Target was fully stocked tonight (for the past month they've only had stragglers from ROTLA) but only had those two from Last Crusade.

Cause, you know...the better solution to make Henry and Indy easier to find wouldn't have been to simply release more Last Crusade cases. :rolleyes: I'm so fed up with this line I'll be glad to eventually not have to see it in stores.

figrin bran
12-04-2008, 12:32 AM

Would that be our local Target? I got Elsa and Vogel from there a few weeks back. However, I really think was what put out recently was just the refresher case that LTBasker was mentioning.

Ji'dai
12-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Added two more true believers to my Thuggee cult today, thanks to a trade with the other JMG, jedimastergeorge06. He sent me a Chief Temple Guard and a Temple Guard; not to mention sacrificial victim Willie and new slave digger Short Round. Please give them a warm welcome when you see 'em around the mines!

jedimastergeorge06
12-04-2008, 04:35 PM
no problem glad to help!! :thumbsup:

DarthBrandon
12-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Found tons of the Last Crusade wave at Wally World today, they had Indy Sr, Jr, little Jr, & the German soldier. Out of at least 10 cases there were no Knights, German Officer or German girl, which leads me to believe that they came from another store. Which also means they were peg warmers. There were none of the previous three listed in the cases (5 or 6 which looked to be re-sealed) that were on the pallet also.

Mvader91
12-04-2008, 07:08 PM
Found tons of the Last Crusade wave at Wally World today, they had Indy Sr, Jr, little Jr, & the German soldier. Out of at least 10 cases there were no Knights, German Officer or German girl, which leads me to believe that they came from another store. Which also means they were peg warmers. There were none of the previous three listed in the cases (5 or 6 which looked to be re-sealed) that were on the pallet also.
That is the case asst. Ifound this wave also, he broke them straight out. it is not packed with knight Vogle or Elsa.:lipsrsealed:

JediTricks
12-05-2008, 03:23 AM
i guess when you say scalper bait you are refering to henry jones sr right? i might be able to get him for you if you need him.Henry Jones, Vogel, Elsa. Thanks for the offer, but I'm set for the LC wave with a little help from my friends. :cool:

Was it just Indy and Henry left? I don't think that was signs of a Last Crusade case, they just seem to be in a refresher case with more Mutts and other pegwarmers. My Target was fully stocked tonight (for the past month they've only had stragglers from ROTLA) but only had those two from Last Crusade.

Cause, you know...the better solution to make Henry and Indy easier to find wouldn't have been to simply release more Last Crusade cases. :rolleyes: I'm so fed up with this line I'll be glad to eventually not have to see it in stores.
Indy and Young Indy, maybe a Knight too. There was a Vogel, but some dude had him.

Would that be our local Target? I got Elsa and Vogel from there a few weeks back. However, I really think was what put out recently was just the refresher case that LTBasker was mentioning.Yeah, that one. I saw Vogel there a while back but was super busy, no time to stash.

DarkArtist
12-09-2008, 07:41 AM
I have to say, i took a pic last night of some small Diorama stuff (was playing with the camera and my maurader inc order) an gave the Sallah figure the machine gun from the German Solider and so far he is one of the one figures from that line that can actually hold the gun with both hands and look natural doing it. give it a try. will post some pics later

TheDarthVader
12-09-2008, 12:58 PM
PM me if anyone can help me with the TOD wave. I need one of each and am still looking for these nicely done figures. Thanks.

jamesbondo07
12-09-2008, 01:59 PM
PM me too if anyone finds any extra of the TOD figures or a Colonel Vogel.

Ji'dai
12-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Picked up a second set of Titaniums (plus a few extras of ones I like) at Kmart today. They're on sale for $3 each. Figs were still full price unfortunately.

Was also in a WM that had pegs labeled for the TOD wave, but no sign of the figures themselves.

DarkArtist
12-14-2008, 10:41 AM
Picked up a second set of Titaniums (plus a few extras of ones I like) at Kmart today. They're on sale for $3 each. Figs were still full price unfortunately.

Was also in a WM that had pegs labeled for the TOD wave, but no sign of the figures themselves.

nice deal on the titaniums, was thinking of picking up a few extra of the German Cargo Truck (it's the only one I was interested in).

that's great news about the TOD wave on the pegs at Walmart (maybe that means they will start stocking them soon.) my walmart only has a few figures left, 5 Belloq and 1 German Solider, as well as 3 Deluxe Indy and Ark. might go back and grab that last German Solider

jonthejedi
12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Read a report on another site that TOD wave showing up at Marshalls in the east. Can anyone confirm?

JediTricks
12-22-2008, 05:12 PM
I picked up 3 German Soldiers for $3.80 a piece, to fill out the German cargo truck. Unless a miracle happens and I find the TOD wave, I suspect those will be the last Hasbro IJ purchases I make.

Ji'dai
12-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Read a report on another site that TOD wave showing up at Marshalls in the east. Can anyone confirm? Nope, though I hadn't thought to check there. I can confirm that TJ Maxx has Indy toys at discount prices. Basic figures are $3.99, Deluxe $6.99, and vehicles are $12.99. I've seen both the Jungle Cutter and the cloth covered Cargo Truck at the local one. Reports from another site note finding LC Adv. Heroes and TOD figs, though I haven't been so lucky.

I got two more Crystal Skeletons with Throne in the mail today. I think I sent off for four so hopefully I'll get the other two soon. I have seven of these things now and I'm going to send off for at least one or two more when I open more figs, including the TOD wave! I'd also like to send away for another Adv. Hero Indy with horse.

Blue2th
12-22-2008, 06:00 PM
Custom Tank for Last Crusade figures, nice:

http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/customs_specific_item.php?kind=vehicle&id=632

Ji'dai
12-22-2008, 06:09 PM
Wow, that model is a beaut!

But $450... man, I could almost buy a real WWI tank for that!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-23-2008, 12:05 AM
I saw pegs that said "Short Round" on them at Walmart the other day but they just had the same old pegwarmers and no TOD stuff.

jonthejedi
12-23-2008, 12:44 AM
...actually the person who found Indy at Marshalls now states they were LC, not TOD. [sigh}.

Ji'dai
12-23-2008, 10:12 PM
I found the Last Crusade Adventure Heroes at TJ Maxx today. I got Indy/Elsa and Grail Knight/Vogel packs. I couldn't find the Indy/Henry set. I picked up extras of the Knight/Vogel pack if anyone wants to trade for an Indy/Henry.

Also found five of the six TOD figs at a Kroger out of town, but the trip was such a pain in the ***, I'm keeping them all for myself. I got Indy, Willie, Mola, and two each of both Guards.

Also picked up another Cargo Truck with cloth canopy (my third one), another basic Elsa, and two Deluxe Indy's with horse at TJ Maxx as well.

El Chuxter
12-23-2008, 11:40 PM
I finally saw Henry Sr and the Grail Knight today. They look like butt. I'm glad I didn't get started on these. I'm not sure I even want Shortie anymore.

sebillba
12-24-2008, 12:39 AM
I've heard a few reports of the LC Adventure Heroes showing up at TJ Maxx.... over here it's called TK Maxx for some reason - they do have the occasional bargain, but I've checked my branch this week, and all they had Indy-wise was a solitary Mutt figure. :(

If anyone could pick up a set of these for me, I'd really appreciate it, and would be happy to pay $10 for each pack, plus actual shipping. :D

DarkArtist
12-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Read a report on another site that TOD wave showing up at Marshalls in the east. Can anyone confirm?

i checked my Marshalls and found nothing, of course their toy aisle is rather small and not really all that great, was hoping for the best....would love a couple extra Temple Guards

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-26-2008, 08:57 PM
my WM had the IJ figures on markdown to 3.00 each and the mighty muggs to 7.00. I didn't look at prices on the vehicles or adventure hero things. I dunno if this is just my WM or nationwide, so start checkin'! :thumbsup:

figrin bran
12-28-2008, 07:02 PM
I picked up the Cargo Truck w. cloth canopy for $13.98 at Target :thumbsup:

JediTricks
12-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Nice get. How is it, better than the original version?

figrin bran
12-28-2008, 08:37 PM
JT, I never got the original version (I chose unwisely and got the Jungle Cutter instead) but I'm sure that some of the other SSG'ers have.

JediTricks
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Hmm, right, I remember now. Well, how well does the cloth scale, how well does that part hold onto the body?

LTBasker
12-29-2008, 02:30 AM
The fabric holds on extremely well, it's definitely not coming off without alot of abuse. It's actually applied to a piece that gives it it's form, then that piece has pegs that slide into sides of the truckbed. The piece itself holds on fairly well to the truck, it will give away if you hold it up by only that, however, the fabric is plenty secure.

As for it's scale, it has a nice canvas texture but due to the inability to scale down fabric it obviously stands out more than it would on a full sized canvas. Although, it doesn't show any large or obtrusive seams so it has a decently realistic appearance - especially from a distance.

Also, went to Wal-Mart earlier and the regular IJ figures were marked down to $3 a piece, but of course...3 rows of pegs full of this case assortment: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40070C1

Wasn't a total loss, picked up 2 extra German Soldiers, an extra LC Indy for $3 each and the only deluxe left - a German Motorcycle - for $7.

DarkArtist
12-29-2008, 08:01 AM
my WM had the IJ figures on markdown to 3.00 each and the mighty muggs to 7.00. I didn't look at prices on the vehicles or adventure hero things. I dunno if this is just my WM or nationwide, so start checkin'! :thumbsup:

my walmart still has them at $5.44 and the pegs are loaded with LC Indy and Mutt. :cry::cry: would love to pick up a couple more German Soliders to add to the collection

I picked up the Cargo Truck w. cloth canopy for $13.98 at Target :thumbsup:

Nice find. thinking of hitting up TRU and Target on the way home from work, hopefully I'll find one and maybe (cross-fingers) a few extra TOD guards. hey a fella can dream can't he.

Ji'dai
12-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Just a reminder that the Indiana Jones mail-away offers in the US expire in a few days.

Completed redemption forms (available online here (http://www.hasbro.com/indianajones/default.cfm?page=Redemption)) and payment must be postmarked by January 1, 2009 and received by January 8, 2009.

Ji'dai
12-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Picked up the Akator Temple playset at TRU today. It's on clearance for 24.98 and basic figures are 4.98. Their exclusive Jungle Cutter is still full price though.

JediTricks
12-29-2008, 08:42 PM
The fabric holds on extremely well, it's definitely not coming off without alot of abuse. It's actually applied to a piece that gives it it's form, then that piece has pegs that slide into sides of the truckbed. The piece itself holds on fairly well to the truck, it will give away if you hold it up by only that, however, the fabric is plenty secure.

As for it's scale, it has a nice canvas texture but due to the inability to scale down fabric it obviously stands out more than it would on a full sized canvas. Although, it doesn't show any large or obtrusive seams so it has a decently realistic appearance - especially from a distance.Interesting. The plastic version of the cover comes off the truckbed pretty easily, that's the greatest drawback to the whole thing IMO. So if the fabric looks decent and stays on, I may look into picking this up on clearance.

DarkArtist
12-30-2008, 08:51 AM
picked up 3 German Soliders and a Crystal Skull Indy this morning at Walmart for 3 bucks each. might go back this afternoon to get a few extra German Soliders.

the Indy figure i'm going to try and customize using the hat and an extra whip from the RPG Indy along with a crate to create the small Indy Crate that was available through Toy Fair and SDCC pictured below. going to try to use the head and the body of a German Solider to create Indy in German Solider Gear and perhaps try to seperate the Crystal Skull from the figures hand to give a more proper scale skull to display. here's hoping.

DarkArtist
12-31-2008, 07:50 AM
picked up 2 more German Soliders and an RPG Indy at Walmart yesterday. have a few more tweaks to make on the custom Indy as German solider but hopefully should have some pics soon of the figure and the custom crate from SDCC

Droid
12-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Has anyone found the Last Crusade Adventure Heroes anywhere other than TJ Maxx?

JediTricks
12-31-2008, 04:06 PM
WM had the figures for $3 a pop, but they were all the same ol' pegwarmers. They also had the 12" figs on clearance for $13, and had a bunch, including both wave 1 Indys.

bigbarada
12-31-2008, 06:38 PM
WM had the figures for $3 a pop, but they were all the same ol' pegwarmers. They also had the 12" figs on clearance for $13, and had a bunch, including both wave 1 Indys.

I saw that today too. Nothing special as far as figures go unless someone still needs the Grail Knight.

Also the Indy Mighty Muggs are down to $7. If they go lower, I might just pick up the Indiana Jones one.

Snowtrooper
01-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Finally managed to snag most of the LC wave. I found Vogel, Grail Knight, & LC Indy at TJMaxx for $4 apiece. I'm only missing Dr. Schneider now. Also got a couple of German Soldiers for $6.99.

Wal-Marts here had figures for $5.44 and only certain deluxe packs for $7.98 I believe.

defiant00
01-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I've pretty much given up on trying to find any of the ToD wave. I'm in NW IN, and I've been checking every Meijer, WM, Target, etc, with no luck. I have seen a few Young Indys, and one Henry Jones Sr., but no ToD....

Snowtrooper
01-04-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't have any real high hopes of getting the TOD wave either. But you never know. I thought this late in the game I wouldn't find any of the LC wave.

Try checking the smaller chains like TJMaxx, Kohls, Shopko, etc. I doubt the bigger chains will be getting anything in, but they might trickle down in to the smaller ones.

It won't be easy.

Old Fossil
01-04-2009, 10:33 PM
Take the KOTCS Indy basic carded figure body, put on the TOD Indy head.

Hands and holster issues aside, that's about as good an Indy figure as I can kitbash from the 6 or so I've got. I'll try and get a pic sometime this week.

DarkArtist
01-05-2009, 02:58 PM
I don't have any real high hopes of getting the TOD wave either. But you never know. I thought this late in the game I wouldn't find any of the LC wave.

Try checking the smaller chains like TJMaxx, Kohls, Shopko, etc. I doubt the bigger chains will be getting anything in, but they might trickle down in to the smaller ones.

It won't be easy.

all the Kohl's by me are clogged with both Mutt Williams figures. thinking of changing their name to Mutts Department Store instead of Kohls Department Stores.

in fact the Kohl;'s be me is so bad that they still have TAC figures on the shevles of the Empire Wave. was able to pick up 3 of the McQuarrie Snowtroopers there a couple months ago. now all they have is the McQuarrie figure himself and perhaps 2 of 4-Lom and 2 of Torture Rack Han.

sebillba
01-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Got the set of LC Adventure Heroes today - I had to resort to ebay for them, but I really didn't want to miss these, as they were the last Indy items I "needed". They worked out to $58 altogether, including insured priority shipping (which the seller insisted on), so just under $10 each figure - most of them are definitely worth it to me, especially Henry, Grail Knight (two of the best figures from the whole AH line) and Vogel, but I was a little disappointed that the Indy from the Henry set is just a straight repack (well, maybe a very slight repaint) from the German Mechanic set.

DarkArtist
01-09-2009, 07:39 AM
picked up 2 of the German Motorcycle with Solider for $7 each at Walmart last night. now all i need to do is order that motorcycle and sidecar from Mauraders Inc so i customize a little TLC action with Indy and Henry being chased by the Germans.

TheDarthVader
01-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks to JMG, I am now only looking for TOD indy and short round. IF anyone can help, please PM me. MUCH APPRECIATED!

jonthejedi
01-14-2009, 04:25 AM
I broke down & ordered for $58(plus ship) from a fan in Canada(set of 6) off ebay. Didn't look like these were gonna see the shelves in the east coast since WalMart & Target are already reseting planograms for spring.

DarkArtist
01-14-2009, 08:53 AM
I broke down & ordered for $58(plus ship) from a fan in Canada(set of 6) off ebay. Didn't look like these were gonna see the shelves in the east coast since WalMart & Target are already reseting planograms for spring.

hey the price is worth it as these are perhaps the best figures from the entire line.

i'm really hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that Hasbro will showcase the last of the Indy product at the upcoming toy fair and say we decided to give Indy one last chance and are going to release all new figures of Indy with no Mutts or even Indy figures for the fans of the series (of course this is most likely a dream but hey a fella can dream can't he)

Bel-Cam Jos
01-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Went into W*M today, looking for Shake 'N Bake (pork and chicken), and came out with 5 Indys (RotLA with idol, RotLA with :whip: action, KotCS with skull, Young and necktie atLC versions), each for $3. Not bad.