PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Making Indiana Jones Figures

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Bel-Cam Jos
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
... BTW, went back to that same W*M today. Entire section of IJ toys: gone. :eek: As if millions of pegwarming Mutts suddenly wiped out; I fear something lame will replace them.

DarkArtist
01-16-2009, 09:31 AM
... BTW, went back to that same W*M today. Entire section of IJ toys: gone. :eek: As if millions of pegwarming Mutts suddenly wiped out; I fear something lame will replace them.

i doubled back and grabbed them all. hahahaha.

Mutt Williams you're my Hero !!!!!lollollollollollol

Bel-Cam Jos
01-16-2009, 07:08 PM
So, just how "rare" or "HTF" are the Temple of Doom figs? The ToD Indy was always my favorite, why I like that film as the best in series. Cuttin' down bridges, pointin' and yellin' all over the place, brandishin' a sword... it's all good. I may check out the Frank & Son show this weekend.

Blue2th
01-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Found the Akator Playset at Target for around $9, German Motorcyclist for $3.

DarkArtist
01-17-2009, 11:23 AM
So, just how "rare" or "HTF" are the Temple of Doom figs? The ToD Indy was always my favorite, why I like that film as the best in series. Cuttin' down bridges, pointin' and yellin' all over the place, brandishin' a sword... it's all good. I may check out the Frank & Son show this weekend.

so far i was only able to get a set thanks to JMG. i'm guessing that since the line is now defunct the TOD wave is going to be a nightmare for many who want to get a complete set of the Indiana Jones line.

my best bet would be to either check if anyone on the boards might be able to score you a set or start checking the Trade Shows. i wouold hold off on ebay for now but chances are unless you find a decent price from someone here you are most likely going to pay scalper prices for a set.

Ji'dai
01-17-2009, 04:45 PM
I can only speculate on how rare the TOD wave is. I thought the figures were tough to find personally, as they were only available at certain retailers, none of which were local to me. I had to drive long distances to get a couple sets and few extra of the army builders.

They were available for order online from both HTS and Walmart.com on several occasions, but quickly sold out each time.

Hasbro may have cut production when retail sales slumped, which would've affected the last two waves of Adventure Heroes, the second wave of 12" figures, and the TOD wave. It's hard to gauge how much was made and how many of the toys actually made it to store shelves. It's possible that the remainder (if any) will end up in discount stores or liquidators in the coming months.

From what I was reading over on RS before christmas, people were buying the TOD wave on eBay relatively inexpensively. They were paying slightly higher than retail, but spending less than what it would've taken to drive around to get them.

I really doubt Indiana Jones figures will appreciate in value. I suspect that secondary market prices will drop in the coming months as collectors lose interest in Indy stuff and turn their focus to toy lines still in production.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2009, 08:30 PM
I can only speculate on how rare the TOD wave is. I thought the figures were tough to find personally, as they were only available at certain retailers, none of which were local to me. I had to drive long distances to get a couple sets and few extra of the army builders.

Hasbro may have cut production when retail sales slumped, ...

I really doubt Indiana Jones figures will appreciate in value. I suspect that secondary market prices will drop in the coming months as collectors lose interest in Indy stuff and turn their focus to toy lines still in production.I hope so. I was waiting to find the TOD Indy in the stores, but never saw any of that wave. Went to a show today, and only saw Short Round ($25), Willie ($18), and maybe a Thuggee [sp?] Guard ($15?). Are a few Indy's on auctions, but they're a bit high for me with days to go on the sale.

Way to stimulate the economy? Prodcue those things that buyers want. Duh? Perhaps too obvious (yeah, I know it's more complicated than that).

Jayspawn
01-17-2009, 11:35 PM
Picked up a German Soldier and Indy w/ Horse at WM as well on clearance. I was thinkin about doing some customs -now would be the ideal time to pick up extras (although they would have to be the Raiders and KOTCS wave).

TheDarthVader
02-05-2009, 10:03 PM
does anyone have any advice where i can get tod indy and short round? these are the only two i need then i am done with the line. :) (anywhere besides ebay)

bigbarada
02-06-2009, 12:43 AM
does anyone have any advice where i can get tod indy and short round? these are the only two i need then i am done with the line. :) (anywhere besides ebay)

You might just have to bite the bullet and pay the increased prices. The line is obviously dead, so these might become as rare and sought after as the 1985 POTF figures.

Actually, at least the POTF figures sat around in clearance bins for about a year, the TOD wave seemed to disappear almost as soon as it arrived. There is a chance that these will just get harder to find and more expensive as time goes on.

bigbarada
02-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Wow, Short Round is $26.99 on Amazon. :eek:

TheDarthVader
02-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I just bit the bullet and payed $19.99 for short round. If anyone can help with TOD indy I would really appreciate it!

El Chuxter
02-06-2009, 02:47 PM
I just gave up. If he had the proper hat, I might drop $20 for him, but no way with the POS Hasbro gave him.

bigbarada
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
I just gave up. If he had the proper hat, I might drop $20 for him, but no way with the POS Hasbro gave him.

Short Round's hat or Indy's? I don't think I've ever seen a good quality photo of the Short Round figure.

sebillba
02-06-2009, 03:05 PM
Short Round's hat or Indy's? I don't think I've ever seen a good quality photo of the Short Round figure.

Cool Toy Review (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ.asp) have all the Indy figures in their photo archives. Here's Short Round (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/Hasbro_IJ_ShortRound.asp).

JediTricks
02-06-2009, 04:18 PM
My guess is Chux is annoyed that they didn't put the "Y" in the Yankees logo. The "Y" in the hat logo is basically on top of the "N" so the only part that'd be way visible would be the tail of the Y. I'd be more annoyed at the inaccurate likeness, the wider face and wrong eyes.

El Chuxter
02-06-2009, 04:27 PM
For that price, I want him to be accurate. And the likeness is an issue, too.

Of course, for the price he's going for, I'd want him to drive my car and say, "No time for love, Doctor Jones!" on demand.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2009, 03:30 AM
For that price, I want him to be accurate. And the likeness is an issue, too.

Of course, for the price he's going for, I'd want him to drive my car and say, "No time for love, Doctor Jones!" on demand.
There's also the incorrect hat on the Gentle Giant statue or whatever it was, so it's not just Hasbro. The figure is worth whatever you pay.

bigbarada
02-07-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm sure there would be a licensing issue if Hasbro was to use the correct New York Yankees logo, since that logo is copyrighted by the Yankees. So, instead of paying extra money for that one detail, it's easier just to change the logo. Especially since they knew the line was tanking.

Engineernerd
02-07-2009, 11:40 AM
The line tanked?

Sorry, Barada. My sarcasm is aimed at the 'bro not you.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm sure there would be a licensing issue if Hasbro was to use the correct New York Yankees logo, since that logo is copyrighted by the Yankees. So, instead of paying extra money for that one detail, it's easier just to change the logo. Especially since they knew the line was tanking.
No, they planned the Short Round figure before they knew how badly the line would do, as it takes over a year to plan these things, and you can't just change the paint that quickly.

bigbarada
02-07-2009, 11:50 PM
No, they planned the Short Round figure before they knew how badly the line would do, as it takes over a year to plan these things, and you can't just change the paint that quickly.

Still doesn't mean it wasn't a copywright issue. I don't really see Hasbro wanting to pay royalties to the New York Yankees for a tiny logo that wouldn't even be 1/8th of an inch in size, when they could just change the logo enough to not have to worry about copyright infringement.

pbarnard
02-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Begs the question, how Hasbro is handling Cutter in the GI Joe line with the Boston Red Sox, or since Hasbro is headquartered in New England, was it a quid pro quo agreement.

Jayspawn
02-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Still dont have a Short Round myself. But I'd just take a fine point brush and paint the Y onto his hat. Its not that hard.

pbarnard
02-09-2009, 12:31 PM
http://www.smalljoes.com/indiana-jones.shtml selling TOD wave by the case only.

LTBasker
02-09-2009, 02:00 PM
I'd definitely be jumping on that if it had Elsa and Vogel in it.

Blue2th
02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
I shop at Small Joes all the time. :thumbsup:

I want the TOD's but the price..ouch!

btw, you want to see some GI Joe scale (or Indy for that matter) vehicles check out these from the same place: http://www.smalljoes.com/21st-century-toys-XD-xtreme-detail-armor.shtml

They look good next to the Indy truck.

Engineernerd
02-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Scooped up a Cairo Thugs two-pack for $3 in a Walmart Clearance aisle today. Only one they had.

pbarnard
02-11-2009, 08:34 AM
Anyone seen an Ark w/Indy on sale? LMK, please!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Anyone seen an Ark w/Indy on sale? LMK, please!

I think i've spotted them at wal-mart, target, and meijer.

do you need one to be picked up for you?

pbarnard
02-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I think i've spotted them at wal-mart, target, and meijer.

do you need one to be picked up for you?

Yeah, but I've been waiting for it to go on clearance. My disillusion with retail is powerful. My resolve with not paying full retail is equally powerful. I'm sure we can come to an arrangment that is mutally beneficial. To rip off a line or two. :bandit:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-13-2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah, but I've been waiting for it to go on clearance. My disillusion with retail is powerful. My resolve with not paying full retail is equally powerful. I'm sure we can come to an arrangment that is mutally beneficial. To rip off a line or two. :bandit:

I believe wal-mart has the deluxe for $7.00, not sure about meijer. Is that cheap enough for ya?

pbarnard
02-14-2009, 12:16 PM
I believe wal-mart has the deluxe for $7.00, not sure about meijer. Is that cheap enough for ya?

Sorry, I'm just going to be cheap and set a $5 ceiling. Thanks for looking though.

TheDarthVader
02-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Still looking for TOD indy. PM me if you can help! :)

Maerj2000
02-14-2009, 01:03 PM
I've been hoping to find the TOD wave as well. IF I do find it, which is unlikely, I hope to find it not mint in package. I just want to take them out but they're so hard to come by, I'd feel guilty defiling a MOC set of them.

TheDarthVader
02-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Has anyone found the 12" indy in german disguise from ROTLA? If so, is it a good figure? Because I might want this one if anyone can find it for me. it is really dry here in Texas as far as indy goes. :(

sebillba
02-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Has anyone found the 12" indy in german disguise from ROTLA? If so, is it a good figure? Because I might want this one if anyone can find it for me. it is really dry here in Texas as far as indy goes. :(

Definitely worth getting if you can find one (didn't find it myself, but I got one shipped over), it's one of the best from the Hasbro 12" range, and certainly their best Indy - great headsculpt, nicely tailored uniform (metal buttons, not printed), and no gimmicky action features. The only thing that takes the shine off was that the Mutt figure from the same wave has an SA body, whereas Indy only has a regular (CC?) body. Wish I'd've got Mutt as well, then I could've swapped bodies.

Here's a snap of mine with Dovchenko:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w209/sebillba/indy6.jpg

Edit: for some reason my attachment didn't work, so I had to use the link.

Jayspawn
02-23-2009, 10:03 AM
I was able to pickup a Cairo Thugs and German Soldier sets a few days ago at Wal-Mart. $3 each.

I never got a shot at the TOD wave. Gonna see if I can pick em up individially round the net.

Ji'dai
02-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Has anyone found the 12" indy in german disguise from ROTLA? If so, is it a good figure? Because I might want this one if anyone can find it for me. it is really dry here in Texas as far as indy goes. :( I saw Dovchenko before Thanksgiving, along with the previous releases in the new packaging. I passed on Dovchenko thinking I'd see one again. Nope. I never saw the Indy in german disguise.

Blue2th
02-28-2009, 10:43 PM
maybe old news but... 3-3/4 Flying Wing..

IndianaJonesCollectors:
While some rumored-but-cancelled Indiana Jones items can be confirmed (the German Motorcycle has peg holes where the rumored sidecar would have gone) was there any truth to the rumor that a 3 ” scaled Flying Wing vehicle was in development for the Indiana Jones line?

Hasbro:
Yes indeed, a 3-3/4" scaled flying wing *was* in development before the Indiana Jones program was crated up to await another film, should there be one. While the model was finished, it was never tooled.

JediTricks
03-01-2009, 03:58 AM
Great, way to go H, the thing that people far and wide would have bought and you hold it back. Smooth.

Old Fossil
03-01-2009, 11:20 AM
All the more reason to hope for another IJ movie... so that Hasbro might make some more cool IJ toys, and retailers weren't too badly burned from their last IJ adventure to carry them.

DarkArtist
03-02-2009, 01:33 PM
i really hope Lucas and Speilberg make another Indy film. would love to see more and more...even a TV series or something to keep the line of toys coming. here's hoping.

alos i wouldn't mind if perhaps a company like Mezco bought the rights and make some of the figures as well.

Ji'dai
03-03-2009, 12:41 PM
The Flying Wing would be welcome. I'd really like to get some articulated 3-3/4" scale elephants though.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Indy cartoon. I wouldn't want to see CG animation like current Clone Wars series though.

I'm not sure how I feel about a fifth film. Ford is getting old and I don't think Shia is ready (or capable) to take the reins yet. Too bad they didn't crank out another trilogy in the early 90s while Ford was still young instead of waiting 20 years. Lucas and his alien fixation holding everything up :rolleyes:

alos i wouldn't mind if perhaps a company like Mezco bought the rights and make some of the figures as well. No thanks. Lets see... Indiana Jones figures with so-so sculpts and poor paint apps, with higher than average prices and available only at limited venues... I think Disney already beat Mezco to the punch.

I don't understand this fascination with Mezco's stuff. Everyone rips Hasbro's quality on the IJ line (for good reason) but I see the same issues plaguing Mezco's 3-3/4" figures. And those figs cost more and are only available at one store (locally), and in limited quantities to boot.

Beast
03-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Honestly, only the first wave of IJ had any serious quality issues.

And that was mostly in the painting department. Wave 2 forward were great.

DarkArtist
03-03-2009, 02:33 PM
The Flying Wing would be welcome. I'd really like to get some articulated 3-3/4" scale elephants though.

I wouldn't mind seeing an Indy cartoon. I wouldn't want to see CG animation like current Clone Wars series though.

I'm not sure how I feel about a fifth film. Ford is getting old and I don't think Shia is ready (or capable) to take the reins yet. Too bad they didn't crank out another trilogy in the early 90s while Ford was still young instead of waiting 20 years. Lucas and his alien fixation holding everything up :rolleyes:

No thanks. Lets see... Indiana Jones figures with so-so sculpts and poor paint apps, with higher than average prices and available only at limited venues... I think Disney already beat Mezco to the punch.

I don't understand this fascination with Mezco's stuff. Everyone rips Hasbro's quality on the IJ line (for good reason) but I see the same issues plaguing Mezco's 3-3/4" figures. And those figs cost more and are only available at one store (locally), and in limited quantities to boot.

have to agree with you on the CG part, i was thinking something along the lines of the old G.I Joe cartoon series...this way the figures won't look too animated and they can continue the line.

as far as Mezco.....i have to agree and disagree with you on the figures. i think the distribution is something that needs to be addressed (have only seen the Hellboy figures one or twice in TRU) but the paint apps are for the most part OK. I just think Mezco would give us some really decent articulated figures that perhaps Hasbro is not ready to do yet.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-05-2009, 01:07 AM
EE has cases of the TOD wave which does include KOTC figures too.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40070D

89.99 :thumbsup:

Beast
03-05-2009, 12:26 PM
EE has cases of the TOD wave which does include KOTC figures too.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40070D

89.99 :thumbsup:
Cheaper than Ebay for those who are still hunting.

jedibear
03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
EE is the route I ended up taking to get the TOS wave...never saw them at retail and my last hope up here (Big Lots) just ended up with a couple cases of the LC wave so...EE it was.

And what a great wave! Mola Ram and the Chief Temple Guard look amazing...maybe someday I'll run across another set so I can open 'em....

Ji'dai
03-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Anyone getting the Noble Collection Headpiece to the Staff of Ra replica? It's tempting, I must admit. Indiana Jones Shop (http://shop.indianajones.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1308214) has it for $100 + shipping.

JediTricks
03-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I think Mezco's 3.75" Hellboy line looked tremendous, great sculpts and paint, way ahead of what Hasbro produces with SW, much less IJ. That said, their best work in the format is with non-human features, creatures and armor-clad guys, which IJ has virtually none of.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
BBTS has TOD set in stock for 79.99.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS15554&mode=retail

Snowtrooper
03-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Looks like they sold out already. Not surprising.

El Chuxter
03-17-2009, 08:27 PM
$80 for six figures? Wow. I wonder if Hasbro realizes that, for someone like me who was waiting for the TOD figures to get anything, they lost out on me buying any other Indy stuff. I'm not saying there are a lot of people in my shoes. But I probably would've bought 15 figures or so.

Must be the same guy in charge of Indy who seems to think there were plenty of the GIJoe DVD #5 pack released to retail.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-18-2009, 08:36 AM
BBTS has them back in stock!

jamesbondo07
03-18-2009, 10:03 AM
BBTS has them back in stock!

Thanks! Ordered a set.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks! Ordered a set.

Awesome! Glad to see you got a set before they sold out again! :thumbsup:

TheDarthVader
03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
I missed out on the set but that is okay because with the help of JMG and Amazon, I finally ordered a tod indiana. So my TOD set is now complete, and I feel good about it. Thanks to everyone for your help, especially JMG. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-20-2009, 12:47 PM
I missed out on the set but that is okay because with the help of JMG and Amazon, I finally ordered a tod indiana. So my TOD set is now complete, and I feel good about it. Thanks to everyone for your help, especially JMG. :)

No problem man, my pleasure!! I'm just glad I could help out as many folks as I could with figures and links and whatnot. I haven't hit a Meijer in a while, but next time I do, i'll hit their IJ area.......or what's left of it. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-21-2009, 08:44 AM
I guess sideshow is doing a 12'' German Indy. http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3907

Ji'dai
03-23-2009, 03:57 PM
I just found about that Sideshow German Indy this morning. I went out to the Sideshow site and it's up for preorder. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it since I don't have the Hasbro version.

My waitlist order for the exclusive Toht with Ark has been converted to processing. Now all we need is one of the leading females, preferably Marion. I'm not sure which version I'd want: Streets of Cairo, Nepal, or the white dress.

DarkArtist
04-04-2009, 03:43 PM
picked up 2 more German Soliders today at Walmart in North Brunswick for $1.00 each. not bad...they had a few Mutts and a ton of Indy's (both young and old (various)) as well as one Sean Connery figure. I think this brings my German Army up to about 10 soliders and 1 two pack of the soliders

Ji'dai
04-05-2009, 09:56 AM
I have 19 single carded Germans, 14 two-packs, 8 German with motorcycle, 5 cargo trucks, and 2 troop cars.

Engineernerd
04-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I have 19 single carded Germans, 14 two-packs, 8 German with motorcycle, 5 cargo trucks, and 2 troop cars.

No wonder I couldn't find a truck in Indiana.

Ji'dai
04-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Try Big Lots if you have one locally. I've seen the vehicle assortment with the cloth canopy truck and jungle cutter there for around $10 each.

Ji'dai
04-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I got a postcard from Hasbro today informing me that though they will fulfill my Crystal Skeleton mail-orders, they won't be shipping until June 10.

I was wondering about the status of these things. Good to see Hasbro willing to continue production to fill outstanding orders. Now if we could just get them to do that with wave 5...

Snowtrooper
04-11-2009, 06:08 PM
I got mine today as well. I mailed mine in at the last minute, so I figured it would be awhile before I got it.

DarkArtist
04-11-2009, 06:51 PM
picked up the German Soliders 2-pack for $5 bucks from five below. may go back next week and clear out their Indy stock, hoping to find perhaps a few more Germans and perhaps some of the vehicles.....still haven't picked up a Jungle Cutter but unsure if I really want one yet. if they have at in the store I might break down and buy it for the $5.00

jonthejedi
05-04-2009, 04:27 AM
...was just going to post that Five below had Indy stock. Didn't see truck, but they had other two. I picked up Cairo Thugs & Mutt on cycle deluxe; also had Last Crusade wave including Elsa & Vogel That would be something if they got TOD wave in. Also saw two new Star Wars Tin Boxes(retro) & Narnia figures from last year. Getting to be a cool little place to check for toys & such.

Ji'dai
05-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Did any Indy collectors here buy the prop replicas made by Noble Collection? I'm thinking about getting the staff of RA headpiece but would like to see more pics of it than just the catalog photo. I'd like to know if it has the hole on the bottom to accomodate a staff.

JediTricks
05-17-2009, 05:40 PM
We have a thread about them in the Prop Replicas forum: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=38150

Ji'dai
05-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Oh, thanks. I almost checked there but since this is a SW forum, I didn't think I'd find anything on Indy stuff.

DarkArtist
05-19-2009, 04:53 PM
my wife picked up a Mutt Williams with snake for me last night for $1.99 at Kohl's. she said i could use it to make a custom of Sam from Transformers

figrin bran
05-24-2009, 09:16 PM
I got a Grail Knight for 3.99 from Ross today.

figrin bran
06-16-2009, 10:57 PM
I don't suppose we have any Walt Disney World locals around? The TOD wave has been seen in some of the gift shops there.

No such luck in Disneyland, however (I'm a pass holder and go there periodically)

Ji'dai
06-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Is that Gentle Giant 7" Indy still available at Disney parks?

JediTricks
06-17-2009, 05:40 PM
The action figure that doesn't sport a company logo, but has a base and a bunch of accessories? I saw them last time I was there earlier this month.

Maerj2000
06-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I got one of those, its not too bad for the price. I'll look into the TOD wave, see if they have them and for how much because I need those figures too. I'll post the info I find here.

DarkArtist
06-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I don't suppose we have any Walt Disney World locals around? The TOD wave has been seen in some of the gift shops there.

No such luck in Disneyland, however (I'm a pass holder and go there periodically)

I spotted the last remenants of the TOD wave at the Indy Stunt Show shop about 2 weeks ago, they had Thugee Priest that's about it and a ton of LC Indy's.

The shop by the stunt spectacular had alot of the figure on the shevles. i passed on it for the Mickey as Indy figure though.

Maerj2000
06-18-2009, 07:17 PM
I emailed them and they responded with:

Thank you for the e-mail. Unfortunately, the Indiana Jones Action figures you have requested are not available for purchase through Walt Disney World Mail Order.They are assorted figures under the same number and we cannot sell them. We are very sorry we could not assist you with this request.

So it looks like we are out of luck, esp since they only have the one figure left anyway. :(

figrin bran
06-18-2009, 10:41 PM
But the Disney gift shops do restock from time to time. At Disneyland, I've seen newly opened up Hasbro cases at the shop across from the Indy ride. Alas, it was for the Titanium vehicles.

RooJay
06-19-2009, 01:38 AM
Yes, but in order to restock there would have to be more stock out there for them to receive. Given how rare these figures seem have been, and the time elapsed since they were first shipped, this doesn't seem very likely. Still...can't hurt to still have hope.

figrin bran
06-21-2009, 01:10 AM
I was at Marshall's today to look for the G.I. Joe Mass Device set #5 and saw vehicles from this line - jeep and jungle cutter, namely for $10 each.

They also had an Akator playset but I didn't check the price on that.

Ji'dai
06-21-2009, 09:25 AM
I've seen both types of Akator playsets (3-3/4" and a generic hot wheels one) at TJ Maxx / Marshalls. They are both $13, which is not a bad price for the 3-3/4" playset, since two figures are included. You couldn't buy two Indy figures for $13 around this time a year ago.

JediTricks
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
The shop by the stunt spectacular had alot of the figure on the shevles. i passed on it for the Mickey as Indy figure though.I didn't, it's sitting right next to the 7" Indy figure we're talking about. I haven't opened Indiana Mickey yet though.

Ji'dai
06-26-2009, 01:24 PM
What is the pricepoint on Mickey? I've seen BIN auctions for $13-14. Seems like a small figure for $13.

JediTricks
06-27-2009, 12:31 AM
He's $8.00, and comes with a whip, satchel, and vac-metal golden idol that is also Mickey. It's not a great deal as a toy, but it's a pretty good deal for a fun collectible, and $2 cheaper than the Star Wars Disney character figures IIRC.

vger
07-22-2009, 08:17 AM
This was posted on Yakface.com

http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/jcazale/

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-22-2009, 08:33 AM
This was posted on Yakface.com

http://s560.photobucket.com/albums/ss44/jcazale/

WTF!! So they're releasing these in Jan '10?!?!? This would be great as I think many folks, including myself still want these figures. Who else was in the wave? Marion? It's been so long.

RooJay
07-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Yeah, that'd be neat. Of course, many people still want the TOD wave as well. I'm personally not counting on ever seeing these in stores either. These toy companies keep dangling their carrots in front of my face...

Old Fossil
07-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I'd buy those in a New York minute. I can't imagine what retailer would carry them, though! Maybe HasbroToyShop, EE, or other online outlets as an Internet exclusive?

Droid
07-22-2009, 11:03 AM
I would buy every one of those items. I would be particularly excited about the motorcycle with side car. I really wanted to put Indy and his dad on the motorcycle. It is an iconic image to me.

DarkArtist
07-22-2009, 11:22 AM
would love to see Indy make a return but I'm not holding my breath at this time.

Ji'dai
07-22-2009, 04:07 PM
I can't view that Photobucket account. This thread (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18905&page=3) over on the Raider.net has some of the pics posted in it though.

I'll attach a pic of that second Raiders wave.

indyjones1981
07-23-2009, 02:12 AM
I can't view that Photobucket account. This thread (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18905&page=3) over on the Raider.net has some of the pics posted in it though.

I'll attach a pic of that second Raiders wave.

Does anyone have a complete list of the figures that will be released?

Looks like 3 2packs so far. Toht and Dietriech, Toht and Ark Ghost, German 2-pack with Motorcyle and sidecar. Marion 's Bar Henchman (Character Pat Roach played) Hope we get the German Mechanic, Indy in German Uniform, Marion and Satipo.

sebillba
07-23-2009, 04:53 AM
I only had a quick look at that link yesterday and assumed they were just someone's customs. This is awesome news!! The link doesn't work for me anymore, so I need to get searching for more photos!

Ji'dai
07-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Does anyone have a complete list of the figures that will be released?

Looks like 3 2packs so far. Toht and Dietriech, Toht and Ark Ghost, German 2-pack with Motorcyle and sidecar. Marion 's Bar Henchman (Character Pat Roach played) Hope we get the German Mechanic, Indy in German Uniform, Marion and Satipo. You've listed everything that was pictured. I don't have large pics of the motorcycle and side car.

Hopefully these will be released. I wonder if they're doing a new series of games for the original trilogy or if these are commemorative packs to go along with the Blu-ray release (which was pushed back to 2010).

Mvader91
07-24-2009, 01:38 AM
Is anyone else still waiting for their crystal skeleton mail-aways? I mailed mine in January. Hasbro cashed the checks. Still no figs?:tired:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-24-2009, 03:16 AM
Is anyone else still waiting for their crystal skeleton mail-aways? I mailed mine in January. Hasbro cashed the checks. Still no figs?:tired:

No, I actually got mine pretty quickly. I'd contact them ASAP about it.

Ji'dai
07-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I didn't get mine either. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to contact Hasbro about it.

Maerj2000
07-24-2009, 06:15 PM
I got a postcard that said they'd be shipped around June 15, I think. Still waiting.

Mvader91
07-24-2009, 06:38 PM
I got a postcard that said they'd be shipped around June 15, I think. Still waiting.
I received the same card like with captain rex. I just threw it away cuz figured they would be here by now/? Do you just e-mail hasbro?

Maerj2000
07-24-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't know. How are people contacting Hasbro here?

indyjones1981
07-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Has anyone seen any additional pictures or heard anything else coming out of Comic Con about the Indiana Jones action figures that were shown on various websites earlier this week? Is it too good to be true/a hoax?
Hope not. Would love to get the rest of these figures from Hasbro. They look to be the best of the modern day Indy line.

Old Fossil
07-26-2009, 08:41 PM
Has anyone seen any additional pictures or heard anything else coming out of Comic Con about the Indiana Jones action figures that were shown on various websites earlier this week? Is it too good to be true/a hoax?
Hope not. Would love to get the rest of these figures from Hasbro. They look to be the best of the modern day Indy line.

It is odd that there isn't more buzz about this, if it were true. It would be unfortunate if it were a hoax. There are many around here (myself included) who'd love to add those to the IJ collection.

defiant00
07-26-2009, 08:52 PM
So did anyone save any of these pics? The photobucket page is not available and the pics over on Raiders are gone too...

TheDarthVader
07-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I have not received my crystal skeleton figure either so...just be patient. I know they will eventually ship em out.

Mvader91
07-26-2009, 09:41 PM
I have not received my crystal skeleton figure either so...just be patient. I know they will eventually ship em out.
:squareeye No i hear ya' just getting thoughts from everyone.

sebillba
07-27-2009, 12:16 AM
So did anyone save any of these pics? The photobucket page is not available and the pics over on Raiders are gone too...

There are still a few showing up in their forum (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18905&page=3)....

DarkArtist
07-27-2009, 09:25 AM
There are still a few showing up in their forum (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18905&page=3)....

please please please let this be for real and not a hoax... i want that ARC ghost and German Cycle...... please Hasbro if you do check any websites and read posts read this thread and release those Raiders figures.

Snowtrooper
07-27-2009, 09:34 AM
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, including mine, but Yakface and RS are reporting that these are hoaxes. They said that Toht's suit should have pinstripes, Dietrich is too tall, melting Toht's head is a repainted Geo arena Mace Windu head on Cobra Cmdr body, and the Ark Ghost is a customized emperor. I'm pretty bummed out about the whole deal.

DarkArtist
07-27-2009, 10:36 AM
I hate to burst everyone's bubble, including mine, but Yakface and RS are reporting that these are hoaxes. They said that Toht's suit should have pinstripes, Dietrich is too tall, melting Toht's head is a repainted Geo arena Mace Windu head on Cobra Cmdr body, and the Ark Ghost is a customized emperor. I'm pretty bummed out about the whole deal.

if they are i want to find the person who made them and ask how much he wants for the set. those figures look awesome. The ARK Ghost however to me doesn't look like any Emperor figure I've ever seen and Toht looks very realistic, i mean it's got the hand and medallion to boot, plus the motorcycle looks like a new version of the Hasbro cycle from Last Crusade

Maerj2000
07-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Well, I was reading that message thread over at theraider.net and they said they are coming out in January as sets to promote a new Indy video game. They also mentioned that these are a test to see if there's any intrest from fans to continue the line. One post claimed that this came from an inside source. Who knows?

Ji'dai
07-27-2009, 05:47 PM
Back to the Crystal Skeleton thing... I emailed Hasbro customer service this morning about not receiving my skeletons yet and then this afternoon I get two boxes in the mail. I think I have two more coming, but those checks haven't been cashed yet. The other two checks were cashed back in February.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-28-2009, 07:13 AM
EE has the TOD case in stock for $89.99: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40070D

:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
07-28-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm on the fence about the whole Raiders figures being a hoax or real. I can see how they were customized, but then Hasbro would reuse parts from existing figures to make them anyways.

Mvader91
07-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Back to the Crystal Skeleton thing... I emailed Hasbro customer service this morning about not receiving my skeletons yet and then this afternoon I get two boxes in the mail. I think I have two more coming, but those checks haven't been cashed yet. The other two checks were cashed back in February.
:razz: Opened the front door today and blam! There were my five Indy crystal skeleton figs. The boxes were much bigger than i expected. Pretty cool figure I must say!

Snowtrooper
07-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Mine finally showed up this morning. I'd forgotten about them shipping during mid summer until about a week ago. It looks better in person than some of the earlier photos, especially the throne.

Yeah, the box is huge for what you get.

TheDarthVader
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
i told yall to be patient and they would show up soon. :D

TheDarthVader
07-28-2009, 04:55 PM
EE has the TOD case in stock for $89.99: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40070D

:thumbsup:

That really surprises me. And no store carries this line anymore.

LTBasker
07-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Meh, it's rather annoying that the cases aren't all that rare, but individuals below $15-20 are. Of course, most likely due to the fact that people balk at the $90 pricetag for a mere set, meanwhile hoarders & scalpers buy up the majority of lower-priced individuals, and they don't get restocked because everyone wants to sell by the case.

It's maddening I tell you.

Ji'dai
07-28-2009, 09:23 PM
That case only has one set of TOD figs when it should have had two. Had Hasbro not changed the case assortment by adding a bunch of older pegwarmers to it then collectors would be more inclined to buy the $90 case. You could get two sets of a desirable wave in one case - very appealing to most collectors.

Mvader91
07-28-2009, 09:43 PM
Meh, it's rather annoying that the cases aren't all that rare, but individuals below $15-20 are. Of course, most likely due to the fact that people balk at the $90 pricetag for a mere set, meanwhile hoarders & scalpers buy up the majority of lower-priced individuals, and they don't get restocked because everyone wants to sell by the case.

It's maddening I tell you.
You also have to add in shipping. That plus 90 puts u at around 17 a fig. Like JiDai said, you only get one set? Kinda the same deal then you have six junk figs on your hands like Mutt with snake.:cross-eye

RooJay
07-29-2009, 12:41 AM
What's maddening is that Hasbro just kept sending out the pegwarmers with this line instead of shipping the newer figures in greater ratios. The line might have lasted a little longer otherwise - by the time the TOD figures should have shipped Hasbro was still trying to cram cases of the first few waves to retail outlets, and everyone had already had their fill of those figures. They should have focused on producing variety rather than quantity.

defiant00
08-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks for the tip that EE had the TOD cases, now my collection of basic figs will be complete! They even marked them down to $80, so with shipping it was $92, definitely cheaper than I could have bought them individually on eBay for!

defiant00
08-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Any new news about the rumors of the new ROTLA wave?

Ji'dai
08-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Nothing official from Hasbro. Most collectors think it was a hoax.

Blue2th
08-21-2009, 08:09 PM
From Jedi Defender's Hasbro Q&A:

JD: Did you happen to catch the images that cropped up of those "new" Indiana Jones Figures during Comic Con (toht, Ghost, etc)? Can you comment on if they were something top secret, simply a custom hoax, or something more?

Hasbro: This was a hoax, and we had nothing to do with it. Whoever did it, did a clever job, right down to replicating our "tent cards" that we use when showing items at Comic Con. It was fun to look at, but nothing is in development or IJ at this time.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-21-2009, 08:59 PM
From Jedi Defender's Hasbro Q&A:

JD: Did you happen to catch the images that cropped up of those "new" Indiana Jones Figures during Comic Con (toht, Ghost, etc)? Can you comment on if they were something top secret, simply a custom hoax, or something more?

Hasbro: This was a hoax, and we had nothing to do with it. Whoever did it, did a clever job, right down to replicating our "tent cards" that we use when showing items at Comic Con. It was fun to look at, but nothing is in development or IJ at this time.

Hasbro again shows how damn ignorant they are as there was a HUUUUUUUUGE reaction to these figures, a lot of excitement. Shame they have their heads up their arse and can't see that we want these figures to finish off the IJ line. :upset::upset:

RooJay
08-22-2009, 12:07 AM
Why should Hasbro put any stock in collectors' desires? Afterall, there's only like a dozen of us, making us totally inconsequential business-wise.

El Chuxter
08-22-2009, 12:27 AM
If they had a lick of sense, they'd know Toht would, at the very least, appeal to GIJoe collectors who want Executive Enterprises Tomax and Xamot without dropping the big bucks to get two 2008 SDCC Cobra Commanders.

RooJay
08-22-2009, 12:44 AM
Honestly, if they thought that, they'd probably just resurrect that tooling and would give it to us as Executive Enterprises Tomax and Xamot.

I'm with you, though.

It's kind of sad when you think about it, that Hasbro already has an online outlet for providing items - exclusives in particular - that won't necessarily fly at retail directly to the consumer, and refuse to use for that purpose. Especially considering that Mattel has already proven that can be a wildly successful venture - even when using that model solely for the purpose of offering exclusives.

Blue2th
08-22-2009, 07:12 AM
I would have settled for the last wave of TOD figures being offered individually for a reasonable price, but I suspect they would have ended up in some sort of AFA graded cards, and offered that way.

Maerj2000
04-09-2010, 10:08 PM
I was out at Ollie's tonight, its a discount/closeout/junk store and I found a 12 inch scale Col. Dovchenko figure! I don't recall ever seeing this one before, he has 6 giant fire ants on him, lol. I don't know how many different 12" characters that they came out with but this was a new one to me.

Anyone know if this is a rare figure? If you have one of these stores nearby, or one like it, it may be worth checking out if you collect these.

DarkArtist
04-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I was out at Ollie's tonight, its a discount/closeout/junk store and I found a 12 inch scale Col. Dovchenko figure! I don't recall ever seeing this one before, he has 6 giant fire ants on him, lol. I don't know how many different 12" characters that they came out with but this was a new one to me.

Anyone know if this is a rare figure? If you have one of these stores nearby, or one like it, it may be worth checking out if you collect these.

not sure how rare it is I think the Col Dovchenko was from the first wave of 12" released. i passed on all the 12" and mainly just stuck with the 3.75 figures... got out of the 12" collecting game back when TPM was in the theaters.

Maerj2000
06-13-2010, 06:24 PM
Anyone see the 3 3/4 scale Prince of Persia figures? I am thinking that some of them would make good background guys in an Indiana Jones display. Also, there's a playset that might be a good fit as well. It sort of reminds me of the place where they found the Holy Grail. Anyway, Toys R Us has them all on clearance right now so I thought I'd mention it here.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3956030

Maybe a street in Cairo, perhaps?

DarkArtist
06-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Anyone see the 3 3/4 scale Prince of Persia figures? I am thinking that some of them would make good background guys in an Indiana Jones display. Also, there's a playset that might be a good fit as well. It sort of reminds me of the place where they found the Holy Grail. Anyway, Toys R Us has them all on clearance right now so I thought I'd mention it here.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3956030

Maybe a street in Cairo, perhaps?

i did see some of these at retail but they didn't really grab my attention enough to warrant buying them... I have been toying with the idea of the playset but i'm not 100% sold on it yet...

did they ever make an action figure of the female character from this movie?now that is an action figure i would like to get.

Jayspawn
06-14-2010, 09:38 AM
The movie tanked at the box office so these will be going on clearance soon if retailers are smart.

The Dastan w/ horse looks like it would fit an Indy figure. I really want the gate playset -that looks like a GREAT backdrop for Indy toys. But I'll wait till that gets clearanced.

figrin bran
06-14-2010, 10:20 PM
The movie tanked at the box office so these will be going on clearance soon if retailers are smart.

The Dastan w/ horse looks like it would fit an Indy figure. I really want the gate playset -that looks like a GREAT backdrop for Indy toys. But I'll wait till that gets clearanced.

As a matter of fact, TRU is already clearancing them out at $4.98 per figure.

TRU, the store that almost never clearances is doing so after just, what 2 months of these figures on the shelves? The horse set as well as the gate playset are also on clearance at TRU for around 8.98 and 13.98, respectively.

Maerj2000
07-25-2010, 08:34 PM
Well, I found the Prince of Persia gate playset at Target tonight for $4.98 so I got it. I touched it up with some white paint marker and put it in my Raiders of the Lost Ark display. I think it looks pretty good, its a pretty good Cairo background.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8331/img2487p.jpg

The pic is a little grainy but you'll get the idea.

K M Toydarian
07-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Well, I found the Prince of Persia gate playset at Target tonight for $4.98 so I got it. I touched it up with some white paint marker and put it in my Raiders of the Lost Ark display. I think it looks pretty good, its a pretty good Cairo background.

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8331/img2487p.jpg (http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/8331/img2487p.jpg)

The pic is a little grainy but you'll get the idea.

frack... I'll have to see if I can find one for 4.98. maybe a horse too. picture didn't come through, but I know it will look good with Indy.

Maerj2000
07-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Hmmm. I tried a few of those free image hosting sites. I'll try again.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac234/maerj2000/IMG_2487.jpg

K M Toydarian
07-27-2010, 12:45 AM
Hmmm. I tried a few of those free image hosting sites. I'll try again.

http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac234/maerj2000/IMG_2487.jpg

AWESOME! Looks fantastic.

K M Toydarian
07-29-2010, 05:50 PM
finnally snagged a p of persia gate playset for 4.98. hope i can weather it as good as Maerj2000. your's is so cool.

Maerj2000
07-29-2010, 06:00 PM
finnally snagged a p of persia gate playset for 4.98. hope i can weather it as good as Maerj2000. your's is so cool.

LOL, 5 minutes and a mostly dead white paint marker! Thanks, though. :D

K M Toydarian
08-23-2010, 03:52 AM
That was a weird random reposted quote from 2007 from the beginning of this thread. I thought maybe someone found some Temple of Doom figures at big lots or something.
On a current note, the new 6" scale TofD Indy that will be at Disney looks interesting. Pics were from CV.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-23-2010, 09:02 AM
That was a weird random reposted quote from 2007 from the beginning of this thread. I thought maybe someone found some Temple of Doom figures at big lots or something.
On a current note, the new 6" scale TofD Indy that will be at Disney looks interesting. Pics were from CV.

You have any links to that new 6'' Indy figure? I got the 6'' Indy they had at disney a few years ago and it was awesome. Great accessories too.

nevermind: found it! Looks great!!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/insidethemagic/4889283239/in/set-72157624595452621/

Maerj2000
08-23-2010, 06:37 PM

I wish! I really only want a set to take out and set on the Indy shelf. Is that so much to ask?

JediTricks
08-23-2010, 11:41 PM
Please don't quote the spambots' spam, it just creates an environment that invites them more.

Rik Duel
08-24-2010, 08:01 PM
I wish Disney would make a few figures in the hasbro scale. (maybe they can't?) I'm still bummed the line didn't work out,they only had a few things to go before it would have felt "complete".

Beast
02-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Who ever thought we'd be dusting this thread off. Well, at least until they made Indy V.

Derryl DePriest announces new Indian Jones Comic-Con 3.75" Exclusive set. The lost wave with Toht, Marion Ravenwood,, Satipo, German Mechanic, Indy in German Disguise and Indy. They will be in a big special box that opens to reveal all 6 figures on cardback. The Indy figure in this set will have a new head sculpt. Toht will have the melted head and a changeable hand. This will be it for Indy.

At least they found a way to release that last wave of figures. Shame the line died so quickly.

Apperantly the set is going to be available at San Diego Comic Con. So likely also on Hasbro.Com afterwards.

Blue2th
02-12-2011, 01:49 PM
This is good news. Hopefully they will be affordable.

sebillba
02-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I wasn't expecting to hear this news! Awesome!! Just hope I can get them somehow (I won't be going to SDCC and can't order from HTS :()

Maerj2000
02-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Best news all day! Yeaaaah! This is a really great thing that Hasbro is doing. I know Indy isn't as big a franchise as Star Wars but there are still a lot of fans out there who would love to have this set. I wish they'd also release a Temple of Doom wave box set so we could have those figures as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2011, 11:34 PM
I wasn't a huge collector of this line, but I really do want Toht. I'll probably leave this set for people who really want all the figures, but that's still cool that they're doing this.

El Chuxter
02-13-2011, 01:02 AM
I actually wish they'd released a set of the Temple of Doom figures simultaneously. Those were not exactly easy to find.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-13-2011, 09:27 AM
I actually wish they'd released a set of the Temple of Doom figures simultaneously. Those were not exactly easy to find.Yeah, it took me about 3 years to find a sword Indy at an affordable acceptable price online.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
GREAT news, Binksy! I'm going to SDCC this year; can't wait to pick that up!!!

RooJay
02-15-2011, 02:04 AM
I'd be down with buying a TOD set as well. Never even saw a hint of them at retail!

sebillba
07-09-2011, 04:29 AM
If anyone is going to SDCC and could hook me up with the exclusive Indy set, I'd be soooo grateful!!!

Maerj2000
08-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Got the set! Toht is really cool, especially with the melting head, hehe. I wish they would have made his car and the German flying wing plane, since we have the Mechanic now. Perhaps in the future?

jedibear
08-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I picked up this "Lost Wave" set from Hasbro.com (it's now listed as "out of stock")

It came packed well (the shipping box was HUGE!) and I gotta say WOW! I haven't been this impressed with a figure presentation is quite awhile. The sturdy, handsome display box features the classic Ansel art rendering of IJ and features a Velcro-tabbed box flap that opens to reveal a window box with each carded figure in it's own walled slot. The cards are the same as the figures featured during the line's heyday. The little "crate" with some hidden accessory has been replaced by a simple stand with the IJ logo on it and the figures themselves look great....good sculpts, well textured, fine paint apps and relevant accessories.

As a huge Indy fan, I want to thank Hasbro for making this final wave available to us and for such a great presentation. And a special thanks to the Hasbro site for sending it out with such speed and so well packed. It's a great nod to the 30th Anniversary of ROTA!!