PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Making Indiana Jones Figures

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

TheRealDubya
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
From www.toynewsi.com (http://www.toynewsi.com); this is awesome news. Hopefully the Star Wars team will work on the sculpts.

"Indiana Jones, the world’s greatest action hero, returns to theaters May 22, 2008, and his newest on-screen adventures will be supported by an impressive array of leading companies as part of a broad global licensing and promotional campaign across a wide range of product categories designed to appeal to all ages.

In the toy category, Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) will develop a broad line of action figures, vehicles and role play as well as games.

LEGO, the world’s best-selling construction toy brand, has also come on board as the exclusive licensee for building sets."

Droid
06-19-2007, 02:20 PM
Vehicles? Does Hasbro expect that kids are going to buy Indiana Jones tanks or jeeps or some other 1950's vehicle? I'd say an extesnive toy line is about twenty to twenty-five years too late.

Action figures are a great idea. I think a lot of ADULTS will buy them. I hope Hasbro doesn't fool themselves into thinking that the primary customers of this line will be kids.

Beast
06-19-2007, 02:29 PM
It depends what the nature of the storyline for Indy IV is.

We've heard rumors of Atlantis and Area 51. So either one could offer fun vehicles for kids. Though I'd rather they go Area 51... as Atlantis has been done to death now.

El Chuxter
06-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Are you saying Area 51 hasn't?

Droid
06-19-2007, 02:47 PM
The quickest way for me to avoid seeing this movie would be for them to focus on Area 51 or aliens.

Dark Marble
06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
I am going to walk into this movie with very low expectations. I was about 12or 13 when the last one hit so I am not expecting to recapture my childhood with the new movie. Don't expect to much and the movie might be enjoyable.

I am hoping to get a good figure of Indy. Maybe a good Neca version or an unleashed and I will be happy. I really don't see starting an Indy collection. Then we will get the "whip" Indy and Indy with special gun hat, and Indy with moon boots. Who wants to go down that road?

JediTricks
06-20-2007, 10:03 PM
I think Hasbro's the right company for a toy line of action figures at this time, in my eyes it'd be either them or Zizzle and Zizzle just ain't big enough. Hopefully Hasbro won't blow it.

figrin bran
06-20-2007, 10:37 PM
I would've loved to see Zizzle get the license but the lack of any info or pics of waves 2 and 3 of the AWE line makes me lose confidence in them.

Now imagine if Hasbro repaints a Cantina Han and slaps a fedora on his head!

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 02:17 AM
It'd be Bespin Han because of the jacket. :p

Jayspawn
06-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Great news! I hope Hasbro encompases all 4 Indy films (I bet they will). I'd totally buy a Nazi jeep and fill it with Soldiers! Indy (even wearing that stupid tie in Crusade), Marion, Henry, Sallah, Marcus, Toth -bring em on!

TheRealDubya
06-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Figures I'd like to see:

ROTLA
Indy
Indy in German Disguise (removeable hat)
Marion (in gown)
Belloq
Jock (with plane)
Hovito Warrior
Cairo Swordsman
Sallah
Indy in Desert Robes
Toht
Colonel Deitrich
Monkey Man
German Mechanic
Nazi Soldier

IJATTOD
Indy with no jacket, torn sleeve
Willie Scott
Short Round
Mola Ram
Thugee Giant
British Colonial Soldier

IJATLC
Indy with tie
Marcus Brody
Henry Jones Sr.
Elsa
Donovan
Young Indy
Kazim (Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword Member)
Grail Knight
Vogel
Vehicles:
Motorcycle
German Fighter Plane (w/pilot)

Devo
06-21-2007, 12:30 PM
Two words: Action. Features.

master J
06-21-2007, 01:48 PM
Great list RealDubya! Man, Im really excited about this line, really hope they include the first three movies in this line. Knowing Hasbro, they probably will... $$$ to be made! This line has GREAT potential!
I really dont care if they do have the "squeeze the legs" for quick draw action as long as they dont have those big annoying buttons sticking out of the figures back!!!
Wonder how long it will take for Hasbro to give us any details? Hope we dont have to wait for toyfair next yr!

JediTricks
06-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Great news! I hope Hasbro encompases all 4 Indy films (I bet they will). I'd totally buy a Nazi jeep and fill it with Soldiers! Indy (even wearing that stupid tie in Crusade), Marion, Henry, Sallah, Marcus, Toth -bring em on!Judging on how they're using the Spider-Man license, I think we can be confident that'll be the case.

I'm not thrilled about the possibility of gimmicks.

TheRealDubya
06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm not thrilled about the possibility of gimmicks.

Me neither. Hopefully they will stick to the Star Wars and new GI Joe model and just make great, accessory rich action figures. They could also do Sopito (Alred Molina's character from ROTLA.) ROTLA Indy should include the Hovito Idol. With John Hurt rumored to play Albert Einstein in the 4th movie, that too would make a great, hilarious figure. With theory of relativity time-warp power blaster!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-22-2007, 01:24 PM
This news is iffy to me as we've seen what hasbro can do well and what they can really suck at. I'll reserve judgement until I see pics of them, but I'm giving hasbro some faith they'll treat this line well.

Question is though: will Nazis, Indy and villians have guns or walkie talkies? :lipsrsealed:

darthvyn
06-22-2007, 03:27 PM
IJATTOD
Indy with no jacket, torn sleeve
Willie Scott
Short Round
Mola Ram
Thugee Giant
British Colonial Soldier

you forgot about

night-club indy (white dinner jacket/tux)
lao che
lao che's goons
lau che's pilots w/lao che airliner
shaman of maypore (now you know the power of the rock!)
maharaja of pankot
the guy that gets his rickshaw shoved up his butt by shortround's driving (w/rickshaw and "shoved up butt" action)
gross dinner playset ("CHEEELED monkey brrrrains")
human sacrifice pit/altar playset

master J
06-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Well its a very positive sign that Lego is doing Raiders sets and last crusade, so HOPEFULLY hasbro follows suit! I would be happy if they reissued the old kenner map room and nazi truck. Think of the great posibilities for this line... accessories like the lost ark, holy grail and the sankara stone (temple of doom).

bigbarada
06-22-2007, 04:31 PM
The quickest way for me to avoid seeing this movie would be for them to focus on Area 51 or aliens.

I agree, that would be terrible.

JediTricks
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
I think Hasbro almost has to do a whip-cracking-action version, but that's all I can see approving of. It's not like all these wacky Spidey figs.

Devo
06-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I think Hasbro almost has to do a whip-cracking-action version, but that's all I can see approving of. It's not like all these wacky Spidey figs.

Haha - oh Hasbro will find a way...

Jayspawn
06-22-2007, 11:19 PM
No Action Features!!!

Devo
06-24-2007, 12:00 PM
No Action Features!!!

"I said NO action features! Thats 3 action features, can't you count?!!"

RooJay
06-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Bearing in mind that Lucasfilm almost certainly has final say in the design of any Indy toys, it's a pretty safe bet that they'll insist Hasbro go with what's worked best in the past for their other prominent license. I'd be truly shocked if we got anything drastically different from Star Wars here.

TheRealDubya
06-25-2007, 06:57 PM
"I said NO action features! Thats 3 action features, can't you count?!!"

Ha. Nice.

Ji'dai
06-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm getting more excited about the possibility of an Indiana Jones action figure line since I haven't seen one in stores since the early 1980s. I've been buying 21st Century Toys 4" WWII German soldiers (Europe (http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/images/popups/D-DaySoldiers_sm4.jpg) & Africa (http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/images/popups/3DakSoldiers_lg1.jpg)) from their current D-Day assortment that's hitting Wal-Marts now so I'll have plenty of bad guys for Indy to fight.

So what Indy toys (http://www.theraider.net/information/collectibles/index.php) (if any) do you guys have in your collections? Any vintage Kenner stuff or LJN's Temple of Doom figures? How about Galoob's MicroMachine box set? The expensive 12" Japanese imports? Or Disney's recent figure line and micro vehicles?

Here's what I have:

Kenner
I have most of the figures except for the mail-order Ceremonial Belloq. I also have the Map Room playset and an incomplete (missing a few snakes) Well of Souls playset, which is my pride and joy. I still have the figure cardbacks, instructions, and boxes for the playsets.

I missed out on the Arabian Horse, Desert Convoy Truck, and Streets of Cairo playset (with Monkey Man & Marion). I remember seeing them at large toy stores, such as Children's Palace (early version of TRU), but simply couldn't afford to get them.

LJN
I had no idea this company made Temple of Doom figures until I was an adult.

Galoob
I have the MicroMachine box set from 1995. Great little set with all three films represented. I loved Galoob's stuff from the early 90s, mainly collecting their classic aircraft and Star Trek packs; it wasn't long before their first SW sets appeared.

Disney
None. Only way to get this stuff is to visit a park or from eBay resellers. I thought it was funny that Disney allowed swastikas on some of the toys though. Only Disney could do that.

master J
06-27-2007, 07:27 PM
I have some of the Raiders toys; map room, indy, belloq, indy in german disguise, german mechanic, the swordsman and toht. I also have the LJN Temple indy and thugee guard plus one of the disney indy's, picked it up at disneyland a few years ago.
I have not been this excited for a new toy line since star wars made a comeback in 95! So many possibilities... they really have to include all 4 movies though, just the new film would be a waste of the license.
I was just looking at the map room playset, they could easily reissue that. Still looks great! Temple of Doom and Last Crusade are begging for good action figures.
Wonder how long till Hasbro comments on their plans for this line?

figrin bran
06-27-2007, 10:53 PM
All I have are 2 of the Disney Indy Figures so I'll be building up the collection next year.

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
I have Disney Indy 1, the regular version of the character with the whip and torch. I also have the Disney Flying Wing and the large vinyl Indy, I believe, plus another small vehicle - I don't remember what.

Ji'dai
06-28-2007, 09:36 AM
ISo many possibilities... they really have to include all 4 movies though, just the new film would be a waste of the license.
I was just looking at the map room playset, they could easily reissue that. Still looks great! Temple of Doom and Last Crusade are begging for good action figures. Wonder how long till Hasbro comments on their plans for this line? LEGO is due to release sets based on the first three films several months before the fourth movie premieres, so hopefully Hasbro will follow suit and develop toys for Raiders/Doom/Crusade as well.

If Hasbro does sandbag the 3-3/4" line with too many action features, they could produce super-articulated VOTC-style figures on retro cardbacks to appease adult collectors. Still, I'd rather have a decent action feature-free basic line at a cheaper price.

Droid
06-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I will be very surprised if they make Nazi figures now, particularly if they have swastikas.

figrin bran
06-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Even the SM3 line has an SA Spidey amidst all the action gimmick ones so I would expect the same here.

Walmart would definitely not carry the line if there were Nazi figures.

Jayspawn
06-28-2007, 12:09 PM
I will be very surprised if they make Nazi figures now, particularlyl if they have swastikas.

I thought about that. I think the ideal thing to do (within good taste and as not to offend any parents) is to make the armbands, officer caps, etc with the red and the white MINUS the swastikas. That way they maintain accuracy and we can paint them on ourselves. :D

TheRealDubya
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
So what Indy toys (http://www.theraider.net/information/collectibles/index.php) (if any) do you guys have in your collections? Any vintage Kenner stuff or LJN's Temple of Doom figures? How about Galoob's MicroMachine box set? The expensive 12" Japanese imports? Or Disney's recent figure line and micro vehicles?

I have as follows, all complete Kenner:
Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones in German Disguise
Indiana Jones in Desert Robes
Sallah
Toht
Belloq
Belloq in Ceremonial Robes
Monkey Man (from Streets of Cairo)
Cairo Swordsman
German Machanic
Streets of Cairo
Two complete Map Rooms.

TheRealDubya
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM
Walmart would definitely not carry the line if there were Nazi figures.

What does 21st Century Toys do to get around this? Do the figs not have the symbol? I thought Ji'Dai had bought some Nazi dudes at Wally World. Hasbro could just call them German soldiers to circumvent it, I suppose.

Ji'dai
06-28-2007, 04:35 PM
What does 21st Century Toys do to get around this? Do the figs not have the symbol? I thought Ji'Dai had bought some Nazi dudes at Wally World. Hasbro could just call them German soldiers to circumvent it, I suppose. There's no way Hasbro or any other toy retailer in their right minds would ever put Nazi insignia on toys. 21st Century Toys' WWII German soldiers and vehicles do not have the swastika on them. You can buy decals and armbands from enterprising collectors online though. However, 21st did make an online exclusive 16-figure S.S. (http://smalljoes.com/german_ss_schutzstaffel.shtml) set that had the Nazi armbands.

JediTricks
06-28-2007, 11:37 PM
To be honest, I don't even want them to put swastikas on the the figures, it's just creepy.

Droid
06-29-2007, 10:48 AM
To be honest, I don't even want them to put swastikas on the the figures, it's just creepy.

I agree and I don't think it should state Nazi on the package if they make any Nazis.

Can you imagine if Indiana Jones had as extensive a toy line as Star Wars so that it got to the point where collectors were insisting they make a Hitler from Last Crusade?

TheRealDubya
06-29-2007, 12:55 PM
I agree and I don't think it should state Nazi on the package if they make any Nazis.

Can you imagine if Indiana Jones had as extensive a toy line as Star Wars so that it got to the point where collectors were insisting they make a Hitler from Last Crusade?

If they won't make a burnt up Owen & Beru, I doubt they'd ever make Hitler. That's beyond bad taste.

evenflow
06-29-2007, 02:19 PM
I think hitler would make a good mail away figure. Obviously they wouldnt call him hitler, maybe german general.

Ji'dai
06-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Special Offer! Der Fuhrer figure! Offer details inside!

Or you can customize an Admiral Ozzel figure. Same actor played both roles.

I prefer to see as much realism and historical accuracy as possible, but I know that's expecting a lot from a mass produced toy line. I like to see swastikas on vehicles or accessories, such as on Disney's version of the Ark crate. (Scroll down to see a pic of the crate over on Michael Crawford's (http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_110703b.htm) site). Looked like they did a better job on the crate than the figure it came with!

TheRealDubya
06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Looked like they did a better job on the crate than the figure it came with!

Those Disney toys are brutal. I got the jacketless Indy just to get an Indy figure. The idol accessory is pretty great though.

master J
07-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Over at Jedi Defender, they had a indy question in their hasbro Q&A, look at what hasbro had to say regarding the line:

"**We are glad to hear it, because we are stoked too! While we will be sneak-previewing some figures at Comic Con International in San Diego, we have to keep the details under wraps for now. We can divulge that there are some very familiar scales, as well as a few surprises in the line. Suffice to say that we have top men working on it. The same top men that have been bringing you the Star Wars line, so there should be a lot of consistency in approach."

Sounds like 3 3/4' scale... FANTASTIC!!!! Also, the consistency in approach and few surprises comments might sound like we are getting original trilogy figures as well, plus how would they have some figures of the new movie already sculpted when production just started two weeks ago?

Beast
07-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Well, putting together a Indy IV figure in time for Comic Con probably wasn't hard. Since all they would have had to do was just sculpt an older version of Harrison's head on the traditional Indy costume. And since Hasbro was involved with Transformers, they may have had access to Shia LaBeouf. Or maybe they're just going to preview the classic stuff. ;)

JediTricks
07-07-2007, 12:50 AM
I was surprised to see that it's the SW team working on it, but everything else sounded like what I expected.

figrin bran
07-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Awesome! the Hasbro Brians will be responsible for the Indy line. I hope whoever sculpted VTSC Bossk gets an opportunity to strut their stuff, not to mention a pay raise!

evenflow
07-08-2007, 10:06 AM
Great news, cant wait for SDCC.

Jayspawn
07-08-2007, 10:37 AM
I think hitler would make a good mail away figure. Obviously they wouldnt call him hitler, maybe german general.

Haha! I'd send in for the German General. German Leader would be a good name too.

TheRealDubya
07-25-2007, 04:31 PM
First images from this line will be coming in the next few days from SDCC...I'm ready to be wowed.

Beast
07-25-2007, 04:44 PM
According to early news from Comic Con, IJ dominates a large portion of Hasbro's display. :)

HASBRO

Nothing on display yet in the way of figures. However, they're going to give Indiana Jones a lot of love. They have some life-size movie props on display, including the Well of Souls and the ark of the covenant. Pics tomorrow.

Jayspawn
07-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Oohhhh, I'd like to see those.

figrin bran
07-25-2007, 10:11 PM
According to early news from Comic Con, IJ dominates a large portion of Hasbro's display. :)

I posted a pic of the Ark over in the Comic Con thread!
I can't wait to see this in person on friday!

RooJay
07-26-2007, 02:54 AM
Ya know, Sideshow has announced that they've got the Indiana Jones 12" license now too. I imagine that discussion belongs in the Sideshow forum, though. Surely someone's beat me to that one already.

Beast
07-27-2007, 04:25 PM
No pictures up anywhere yet. But I have to say I'm happy with what I'm hearing. :)

Adventure Heroes (Galactic Heroes-style 2-packs):
Indiana Jones (jacket) / German Mechanic
Indiana Jones (no jacket) / Cairo Swordsman
Sallah / Mummy / Cobra
Belloq / Arc / Ghost

3-3/4" figures: (Series I)
Indiana Jones (Jovitos temple)
Cairo Swordsman
Monkeyman
Belloq in ceremonial robes
Marion Ravenwood (with frying pan!)

Beast
07-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Steve has good pictures up now...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=5416

Better pics of the figures at the Indiana Jones display:

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=2520

TheRealDubya
07-27-2007, 05:32 PM
They look great -- about what I expected. Looks like they are going to kick it off by redoing the vintage line.

Beast
07-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I really like what I'm seeing. There was a comment in the SDCC reaction thread about Indy not having knee joints. I would worry, if that was the only Indy we were likely to get. Hell, we'll probably get a SA one with a horse even. Only real complaint I have is with Adventure Heroes line. More specifically the Mummy and Cobra with Sallah and the Arc Ghost with Belloq. I hope they decide to switch that up a bit, so those of us who want multiple Mummies, Cobras, and Ghosts don't need to buy a bunch of useless Sallahs and Belloqs as well. They should pack the ghosts with generic Nazis instead. :p

BountyHunterScum
07-27-2007, 05:40 PM
And melting face bad guys. Hahaha.

Ji'dai
07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
The 3.75 do look good, especially the Ceremonial Belloq. Hopefully the mass produced versions have as good paint jobs as the prototypes.

Disappointed that this Indy doesn't have knee-joints. I definitely want an SA Indy with and without the leather jacket. I don't want to see Toy Biz articulation, but enough where the figure could go from a neutral pose to an action one.

TheDarthVader
07-27-2007, 06:41 PM
These look great to me! I am going to be out some $$$ because I can not turn these down. I am going to buy all of the 3 3/4" figures. I am also going to get all of the Sideshow 12 inchers. This is a dream come true for me! I missed out on the vintage because I was too young when the first movies came out. In other words, I had no $$$$.

Beast
07-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Steve's updated panel pictures make the line look pretty good. :)

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=25009&cat=5416

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=25010&cat=5416

RooJay
07-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Absolutely perfect!

Although I'm certain someone hereabouts is going to think up plenty to complain about soon enough.

Umbra
07-28-2007, 02:14 AM
The thing i found weird is that in none of the 3/4 line pictures does Indy have his whip...

THough i'm very glad that they are in the 3-3/4 scale as that tends to be the only scale i collect...as i recall I have a captain Jack sparrow standing next Vader, so i'd love to have an Indiana Jones on his other flank

mm74md
07-28-2007, 07:16 PM
Freakin' sweet!

Ric Olie
07-29-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm so looking forward to the Indy line.

Now if someone would only make a line of 3/4 James Bond figures.

Beast
07-29-2007, 07:21 PM
I just rewatched the first movie this afternoon, and I'm surprised at how none of the German troops or officers feature swastikas on their uniforms. They don't have the arm bands, for example. The only place that the symbol is prominant is on flags, the flying wing, and on the side of the Arc crate. Not to mention the Arc crate that came with the German Soldier in the Disney line a few years ago had the symbol on the side of the box. So maybe they will be able to do troopers without having too much retail resistance.

Umbra
07-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Think we'll get face-melting action? >_>

DarthQuack
07-30-2007, 12:28 AM
They look pretty sweet and worth picking up.

Beast
07-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Think we'll get face-melting action? >_>
I hope so. I'd like to see interchangable heads myself, especially for Toht.

Just trick Toht out with a regular and melting face. And don't forget interchangable hands. Gloved, Normal, and a 3rd right hand for the Headpiece burn. He also has to come with the collapsable coathanger. Of course, that means soft goods coat. Maybe they should do two Tohts instead. Not a huge fan of soft goods on small figures. :D

2-1B
07-30-2007, 01:02 AM
The thing i found weird is that in none of the 3/4 line pictures does Indy have his whip...

He's going to have a walkie talkie instead of a whip in Episode 4 as well as all future DVD releases of 1, 2, and 3. Plus Young Indy.

Beast
07-30-2007, 01:10 AM
He's going to have a walkie talkie instead of a whip in Episode 4 as well as all future DVD releases of 1, 2, and 3. Plus Young Indy.
Ha! He has the loop/holder on his belt for it. They're probably still working on it. :)

Lord Malakite
07-30-2007, 03:05 AM
If they won't make a burnt up Owen & Beru, I doubt they'd ever make Hitler. That's beyond bad taste.

They better give us troop builder sets of melted Nazis. I want to make an Ark diorama.:D

And if you can pull it off decently enough, by all means feel free to make the melting an action feature.:thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 04:02 PM
These looked great, the whole line. The 12" figure Hasbro had in their display, I dunno what that was about since Sideshow's got that license, maybe they're splitting it - Sideshow gets collectors and Hasbro gets kids. But the line looked great and I definitely want to spend my money NOW! :D They were talking about the line in the booth when it was real busy, I chimed in "playsets!!!" and got a funny look.

master J
08-05-2007, 06:53 PM
a funny face as in good or bad? Also, did you hear anything on temple of doom figures? It seems impossible to find any info besides the raiders figures shown! When do you think the raiders figures may hit retail?

El Chuxter
08-05-2007, 07:12 PM
These figures look cool, and the first three Indy movies were awesome. But everything I see about the fourth one makes me wary. And I've been cutting back on lines to save space and money. This'll be a decidedly easy pass.

Sorry, Hasbro. This is at least a decade too late.

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 01:22 AM
a funny face as in good or bad? Also, did you hear anything on temple of doom figures? It seems impossible to find any info besides the raiders figures shown! When do you think the raiders figures may hit retail?
I wasn't entirely sure, maybe I was saying something they were sick of hearing, or maybe I was saying something they were already thinking but couldn't say anything about. That's the problem with these sorts of things, the informality of the exchanges does no good for subtleties. Hopefully they are going to do a few key playsets though, even over SW I think Indy deserves playsets.

I think they said we were to see the figures next May. :ermm:

Nothing I can remember about TOD.

TheRealDubya
08-06-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure the line will include figures from each movie (the orignal press release indicated as much.) I wouldn't be shocked if they dipped into the comic-packs concept on this line too; Dark Horse and Marvel produced enough books to inspire some cool characters, plus DH will have a new ongoing series after or around the time the new movie comes out. AND there's some video games characters they could put out. Toy Fair 2008 should be the big revelation as to the scope of the line.

DarthQuack
08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
What kind of accessories or playsets could we expect if any?

Beast
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
What kind of accessories or playsets could we expect if any?
I'm hoping they at least do an Ark playset. Even if it's a retooled one.

If it's like Star Wars, we'll probably see all the old stuff retooled and re-released.

I'm hoping that Hasbro will consider vehicles as well. I'd love the flying Wing.

And the Motorycle and Sidecar from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. :D

Blue2th
08-06-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm liking the idea of playsets. That Flying Wing would be cool, with a German Mr. Muscles
I already have a 1:18 die-cast black 1938 Mercedes 770K staff car. The excact model used in the Ark chase. It's made by Signature. Cost me $50.
Though the little flags on the fenders are just red without swastikas. It is nice. I know where to get the Nazi officers in a 12 soldier set, but I can't quite bring myself to buy them for obvious reasons.

Nobody to my knowledge has made the Afrika Corp Opel truck used to carry the Ark in the 1:18 (3 3/4) scale yet. Though Ultimate Soldier did do a 1:32 one last year. I'm hoping they come up with one. They've been prolific at making cool German stuff. Heck, the newest wave of 1:18 soldiers by them are at least four or five different Afrika Corp soldiers in Khaki like the first movie that could be used.

All I need is that truck. It would be cool to put Indy hanging on to the grill, or dragging behind it with his whip.

TheRealDubya
08-06-2007, 08:37 PM
All I need is that truck. It would be cool to put Indy hanging on to the grill, or dragging behind it with his whip.

This would be an easy update for them, assuming they have all the old Kenner molds. Update the colors and perhaps give it a snap down, soft goods canopy, throw in a driver and an Ark accessory and done.

JediTricks
08-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Doesn't really look all that good though, and I suspect those molds didn't survive.

Blue2th
08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
The concept was cool though. I don't remember seeing it in the stores. I like the horse and the whole playset idea. Guess that might have been the brief segment in my life I was not interested in or collected toys.
Come to find out that the truck just like the flying wing (which I knew wasn't a real aircraft from the beginning) were mock-ups of German machines. That even though there were German WWII trucks and aircraft (though very few) available, Lucas and Spielberg chose to make their own versions of these. That these actually did not exist outside this movie. Perhaps they didn't want to damage such rare machinery. It's all good. I mean who knows the difference?
Hardcore military hardware buffs I guess.
Other than nostalgia for the old toys, I think kids/ toy collectors demand more detail and realism from toymakers than we used to.

Ji'dai
08-07-2007, 06:48 PM
I remember seeing the Kenner truck in stores and wanted it badly back then. But I wouldn't mind if Hasbro didn't bother to re-release it.

I keep hoping that 21st Century Toys (ultimate soldier) will do a 1:18 (4" figure scale) German truck like their 1:32 model that came out last year. I've seen the 1:18 German halftrack at TRU this past week, but that's as close as they've come to general purpose vehicles recently.

Blue2th
08-07-2007, 07:58 PM
Yes, I'd like to see a 1:18 German truck other than that halftrack. Talk about repaints. For every battle and camo sceme. Guess we shouldn't gripe about how many SW vehicle repaints we get.

It's cool that TRU is carrying 21'st Century again (just recently) I can't wait till they offer exclusives as they always do. (remember the huge Patton jeep?) It's good to find them at other places besides Wally World again.

There's this cool website I didn't bookmark (doh) that has all this cool trivia about Indiana Jones movies. Like I read they used the sub from Das Boot. Things like that.

timmae
08-07-2007, 09:23 PM
may pickup something on super clearance. i don't know? i don't even want the han's i buy for the votc mailaway. do not need any more harrison ford plastic!

Beast
08-07-2007, 09:41 PM
may pickup something on super clearance. i don't know? i don't even want the han's i buy for the votc mailaway. do not need any more harrison ford plastic!
That's sort of an odd mindset.

"I don't want to buy any of this. But I may get it on clearance."

timmae
08-07-2007, 10:09 PM
That's sort of an odd mindset.

"I don't want to buy any of this. But I may get it on clearance."
just means i'm not really into indy, thats all, but as a collector of pop culture toys, if i see one cheap i'd pick it up as i'm sure i will see the movie at some point. besides i am a little odd.:D

JediTricks
08-08-2007, 02:12 AM
The concept was cool though. I don't remember seeing it in the stores. I like the horse and the whole playset idea. Oh, yeah, most definitely. It's just the execution that is lacking by today's standards.

Come to find out that the truck just like the flying wing (which I knew wasn't a real aircraft from the beginning) were mock-ups of German machines. That even though there were German WWII trucks and aircraft (though very few) available, Lucas and Spielberg chose to make their own versions of these. That these actually did not exist outside this movie. Perhaps they didn't want to damage such rare machinery. More likely with the truck it was just cheaper and safer to build their own for the stuntwork required than rely on some unknown machine that may have hidden structural flaws or other issues.

I keep hoping that 21st Century Toys (ultimate soldier) will do a 1:18 (4" figure scale) German truck like their 1:32 model that came out last year. I've seen the 1:18 German halftrack at TRU this past week, but that's as close as they've come to general purpose vehicles recently.How difficult is it to get figures into them? I've had a lot of trouble getting SW figures into 1:18 vehicles in the past from the Ultimate Soldier line, but they're focusing more on their figure line now which may make a difference.

Ji'dai
08-08-2007, 05:23 PM
How difficult is it to get figures into them? I've had a lot of trouble getting SW figures into 1:18 vehicles in the past from the Ultimate Soldier line, but they're focusing more on their figure line now which may make a difference. I've struggled getting even the pilots to sit in the cockpits of 21st Century Toy's 1:18 aircraft, and those figures are included with the plane. I don't have any experience with the tanks. 21st's 1:18 figure articulation is a bit of a cross between Hasbro's SW and RAH GI JOE, though their figures don't have quite the range of movement and flexibility of the JOEs.

JediTricks
08-09-2007, 03:56 PM
That's the problem with designing to that level of accuracy, it's not particularly easy for a human to slip into some of these pilot chairs to begin with, and humans are flexible - action figures are anything but. I'd love to see them design a cockpit that can come apart just enough to get the figure in and out without a huge struggle or fear of breakage, but I don't want to see Hasbro-level of cockpit simplicity either, there's gotta be a happy medium.

With Indy, I think the truck should be cake because they ARE fairly easy to get into, but other vehicles like the flying wing and the Last Crusade tank and biplane are a totally different matter. (Not that I'm getting ahead of myself on that stuff :p)

Blue2th
08-09-2007, 05:54 PM
Hasbro could learn something from 21st Century Toys. Size matters not to them. Whatever it takes to be fairly accurate to scale and a heck of a lot more detail. Though some of the Star Wars or Indiana Jones toys would be impossible to do to scale, at least they could try making them bigger like those huge 1:18 Airplanes. They always seem to sell out quick.

Ultimate Soldier (21st Century) is working on a 1:18 B-25 Mitchell twin engine bomber. I would assume with figures (4 or 5 man crew) That's the one used in the Doolittle Raid at the end of the movie"Pearl Harbor" That's gonna be huge! That's at least as big as the flying wing. Which is also a twin engine plane.

TheRealDubya
08-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Who do you guys think will be the first Temple of Doom figures in the wave?

Beast
08-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Who do you guys think will be the first Temple of Doom figures in the wave?
Hopefully...

Indiana Jones (White Tuxedo from Club Obi-Wan)
Willie Scott (Red Dress from Club Obi-Wan)
Short Round
Lao Che
Kao Kan
Chen

The second series of Temple of Doom figures can have feature Indy and Willie in their later costumes along with characters from the Temple like Mola Ram, etc.

TheRealDubya
08-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Hopefully...

Indiana Jones (White Tuxedo from Club Obi-Wan)
Willie Scott (Red Dress from Club Obi-Wan)
Short Round
Lao Che
Kao Kan
Chen

The second series of Temple of Doom figures can have feature Indy and Willie in their later costumes along with characters from the Temple like Mola Ram, etc.

How about Dan Aykroyd as Earl Weber? ;)

Indy as Thugee Executioner would be dope too.

master J
08-09-2007, 11:53 PM
I honestly think the most logical choices for the temple of doom would be Indy damaged (with torn sleeve), Mola Ram, Giant thugee guard, regular thugee guard, willie and short round. Hopefully we get a 2nd wave of temple of doom, which would have characters like Lao che and tux indy.

Temple of Doom is the wave I am most excited for by far... But I am totally sold on this whole line and will stick with it for the long haul!!!

I really HOPE we dont have to wait to May for our first taste of this line though!

TheRealDubya
08-10-2007, 11:31 AM
Temple of Doom is the wave I am most excited for by far... But I am totally sold on this whole line and will stick with it for the long haul!!!

I really HOPE we dont have to wait to May for our first taste of this line though!

I'm pretty excited to get a Sean Connery Henry Jones figure myself.

When is Toy Fair 2008? February? They will reveal a ton there (I bet) and then we'll know exactly how much we'll need to sock away. The May rollout makes sense so they can build awareness with kids and get some steam behind the line. I don't know how well the line will do with kids, honestly. I wonder if Lucasfilm has considered a re-release of the original three into theaters (ROTLA in Feb., IJATTOD in Mar., IJATLC in Apr.?) building up to episode IV?

JediTricks
08-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Yeah, Feb '08. Hopefully they have some product to show us at Pre Toy Fair though, that's in a couple months.

S3PO
08-13-2007, 09:24 PM
I am also really excited about this whole line. I hope playsets are in the works. A Temple of Doom playset with working sacrifice pit would be awesome.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 04:33 AM
I'm not as much a fan of TOD as I am the other 2 films, but that would be a friggin' awesome playset - glowing shankara stones, the opening floor, the giant Kali statue with opening trap door and cage on the chain, the spinning wheel controlling the decent of the cage.

Beast
08-20-2007, 12:38 AM
There's a Q&A regarding Playsets and such for the Indy Line from Yakface.

Yakface.com: Now that the Indiana Jones figures have been confirmed and a few revealed at Comic-Con (which look great by the way, I'm extremely excited). Will you be accepting any questions about this line in future Q&A sessions as well?

I know it's the Star Wars Q&A, but SW and Indy have always gone hand- in-hand down through the years, and since they're being worked on by the same team, I'm hoping you'd be willing to field a few questions about this exciting new line.

IF so, let me attempt to be the first by asking whether or not the "vintage" playsets will get an update (Well of the Souls, Streets of Cairo, Map Room) as well as vehicles (German army truck w/ Ark crate). The flying wing with shredible German Mechanic would also be a cool new addition.

Finally, IF the playsets and vehicles get an update, will they utilize the molds from the vintage toys like many of the current Star Wars vehicles or would they be all new sculpts?

Hasbro: Yes, Indy questions can be sent to the same address here, and since it's the same team bringing you the IJ excitement, we can answer. The answer to playsets is about the same as you might expect from Star Wars - It's a been a struggle so we are adopting a wait and see attitude on them and seeing where our figure/vehicle demand nets out first before going too far in the playset direction. The cargo truck is a definite probability for 3-3/4", but the wing is tough because it really is a big one. One thing that is known is that NONE of the original Indy tools exist anymore, so we will not be going back to the vintage tools.

master J
08-20-2007, 01:03 PM
I know this is a star wars site, but of the 6 questions asked weekly (counting Actionfigs) what are the chances one of these two sites can ask at least one Indy question every Q&A Session?
I think that would be fantastic... as i am a fan of both Star wars and Indy!

We could start a seperate thread for indy questions if Jedi Tricks does approve this... anyone else interested?

Blue2th
08-20-2007, 01:44 PM
There's a Q&A regarding Playsets and such for the Indy Line from Yakface.
Hey mon, weren't we just talking about that truck with the Ark in the back? Hasbro now saying it's a definite possibility. They have since lost the molds which is probably a good thing, so we'll get a whole new (better) sculpt. :thumbsup:

TheRealDubya
08-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey mon, weren't we just talking about that truck with the Ark in the back? Hasbro now saying it's a definite possibility. They have since lost the molds which is probably a good thing, so we'll get a whole new (better) sculpt. :thumbsup:

That's DEFINITELY a good thing. I think we all agreed a few weeks back that the Vintage truck was, uh, outdated, to put it nicely. A whole new design will be great. I'll bet they will focus on smaller vehicles like the truck, the motorcycle and (hope hope) the tank from Last Crusade, and maybe a beast assortment with some horses, a camel and a elephant (Temple of Doom battlepack anyone?) And snakes, ghosts and mummies, please. They could also make the Venice boats from Crusade, and a German jeep from Raiders. I'll have to watch these again to get some ideas.

I just love the idea that Hasbro's Top Men are sitting around going through the movies, pouring over stills and studying props to cook up a full line of 3 & 3/4" figures right now. That rules. Toy Fair can't come soon enough.

Beast
08-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Yep. And I'm actually glad the tooling went missing. I want to see new more accurate vehicles in the line. Hopefully if they can't do playsets, maybe they can do a Deluxe Figure series that can come with larger items. Like Indy with Ark, ToD Indy with Raft, etc. Someone needs to ask in the next round of questions about how they're planning on making Nazi soldiers, etc. Since I know that's going to be somewhat problematic for a mass market retail toyline. I'm pretty sure we won't see a Last Crusade Hitler.

JediTricks
08-20-2007, 04:39 PM
I know this is a star wars site, but of the 6 questions asked weekly (counting Actionfigs) what are the chances one of these two sites can ask at least one Indy question every Q&A Session?
I think that would be fantastic... as i am a fan of both Star wars and Indy!

We could start a seperate thread for indy questions if Jedi Tricks does approve this... anyone else interested?
I'll give it some thought. For now, just include them our the regular vote-for-questions thread.

S3PO
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
That's too bad that playsets are in the "wait and see" category. Even if it was just one playset per movie, I think they would do well. Well of Souls for Raiders. Temple of Doom for Temple of Doom. Grail Cavern for Last Crusade. Include an exclusive figure with each playset (Marion in white dress, Temple of Doom Willie, Grail Knight), although I am sure people would complain about that. The Map Room from Raiders could be small enough to be a deluxe set with Desert Indy figure similar to the vintage version.

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 06:52 PM
If they were to do playsets from the movies, maybe do something like the Well of Souls with one wall being the Map Room.

TOD should have the Kali altar and on the other side part of the mines.

LC is a little trickier as each setting was a little more isolated and gimmicky than in the other films. The closest I can think of is the Castle Brunwald with the fireplace and secret staircase, but that's still not very much to actually do. Of course, the resting place of the Holy Grail has the most to do but it seems way too many little gimmicks and not enough overall interest.

Blue2th
08-22-2007, 02:12 AM
The playsets I can understand the "wait and see" approach (this is Hasbro remember) Though I think they would get alot of crossover apeal if they did that WWI Tank from Last Crusade. The Ultimate Soldier collectors would definitely buy it (if they did it half-way right) as well as the Indy fans. Same goes for the Biplane in the Zeppelin escape. And the Raiders Duece and a half. It's already been proven these military type vehicles sell good.
Of course they could just re-use the same horse scuplt after they do the Raiders truck/playset again for the LC tank chase just a different color. Throw in a camel maybe?

JediTricks
08-23-2007, 12:47 AM
I think the tank in LC gets enough play that it should be made, it's not as big as the Flying Wing and it has more characters interacting with it and it's cool in general. Stuff like the biplane would be nice too, but it's not at the top of my list because it just didn't do as much in the film, and it's not all that unique a vehicle.

master J
08-24-2007, 07:00 PM
If anyone is really interested in the indiana jones line, I recommend you go vote for questions 28, 29, and 30 in the Questions for Hasbro section. These are some good questions which may give us a little better idea of what to expect.

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 03:18 AM
Yeah, the first 2 Indy questions came really close to making the cut this round too. In fact, I would have included 1 of them but I felt the last slot we had available should be used for something more time-sensitive so I held back for the next round. But yeah, keep supporting them and I absolutely will include them.

TheRealDubya
09-18-2007, 12:48 PM
I think THESE (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/First_Look_Indiana_Jones_Packaging_Designs_108887. asp) look great. Just about what I had hoped for.

Ji'dai
09-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I like the overall design, though I'm not completely sold on the blister cards. Reminds me of those old Galoob MicroMachine SW Battle Packs, mixture of cardboard surrounding the blister that was a ***** to open without damaging the package.

I'd like to see some carded figures soon. And that pic of Harrison Ford looks like it came from the 1980s. Why, he hasn't aged a day!

evenflow
09-18-2007, 08:25 PM
I think it looks pretty good.

figrin bran
09-18-2007, 11:30 PM
As long as the packaging tears open easily and there aren't too many plastic twistie ties around the figure itself, I love the packaging! :p

Beast
09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
As long as the packaging tears open easily and there aren't too many plastic twistie ties around the figure itself, I love the packaging! :p
They'll probably use a molded tray. Hasbro seems to loathe the twist ties also.

If anything, they'll use the clear plastic bands in conjunction with the trays.

El Chuxter
09-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Hasbro seems to loathe the twist ties also.

:confused:

When was the last time you bought anything from Hasbro? They use so many twist ties that, if they were recycled, one could build a PT Cruiser just from the ties in one box!

I got the Magnus/Skywarp TF Classics set last year, and it took over an hour to open the damned thing!

Beast
09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Transformers is the exception that proves the rule. ;)

stillakid
09-19-2007, 02:43 PM

What are you talking about? :confused:

stillakid
09-19-2007, 02:50 PM
If they were to do playsets from the movies, maybe do something like the Well of Souls with one wall being the Map Room.

TOD should have the Kali altar and on the other side part of the mines.

LC is a little trickier as each setting was a little more isolated and gimmicky than in the other films. The closest I can think of is the Castle Brunwald with the fireplace and secret staircase, but that's still not very much to actually do. Of course, the resting place of the Holy Grail has the most to do but it seems way too many little gimmicks and not enough overall interest.

The Holy Grail "challenges" would be a fun playset to have. I'd even welcome it if they added more challenges to a playset than the three from the movie.

El Chuxter
09-19-2007, 03:14 PM
That has to be a fake pic, stillakid. Everyone knows Kenner didn't release any two-packs.

stillakid
09-19-2007, 03:24 PM
That has to be a fake pic, stillakid. Everyone knows Kenner didn't release any two-packs.

Not only is not a fake pic, I took it! :)

JediTricks
09-19-2007, 05:20 PM
:confused:

When was the last time you bought anything from Hasbro? They use so many twist ties that, if they were recycled, one could build a PT Cruiser just from the ties in one box!

I got the Magnus/Skywarp TF Classics set last year, and it took over an hour to open the damned thing!Basic SW figures no longer use twisties at all, only boxed items.

BTW, you're showing your age - an HOUR to get Magnus/Skywarp open? Even if you untwisted them, shouldn't have been more than 10 mins, and... "wirecutters"!

The Holy Grail "challenges" would be a fun playset to have. I'd even welcome it if they added more challenges to a playset than the three from the movie.I like the idea of adding more challenges, they could probably come up with some good ones... wait, this is Hasbro playset development, they'd be horrible!

El Chuxter
09-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I didn't use wirecutters, as the paint on Skywarp has the look of something that can be marred very easily. Who gives a crap about Magnus?

And thanks for making fun of my debilitating arthritis, Doombot. :mad:

JediTricks
09-19-2007, 06:05 PM
Cut from the BACK of the tray, dingus.

stillakid
09-19-2007, 09:49 PM
I like the idea of adding more challenges, they could probably come up with some good ones... wait, this is Hasbro playset development, they'd be horrible!

Actually, this all just gave me an even better idea...a board game where the kids have to pass the "challenges" to reach the Holy Grail. They could even make it one of those "action figure" games with a special exclusive figure, like Brody or General Veers Walter Donovan. Although it might take the Dr. Elsa Schneider FIGURE to sell that to eager fans. :)

TheRealDubya
09-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Basic SW figures no longer use twisties at all, only boxed items.

Except for the odd exception...I was surprised to find a huge black twistie holding Hermi in place when I opened him last night.

TheRealDubya
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Lee's Toy Review has revealed Wave 1 of the Classic Indiana Jones line due for Q1 2008. This wave is entirely comprised of Raiders figures, as follows:

- Indiana Jones (in Jacket)
- Indiana Jones (No Jacket, Streets of Cairo)
- Cairo Swordsman
- Marion Ravenwood (Streets of Cairo)
- Rene Belloq (Ceremonial Robe)
- German Soldier

Lee's has a picture in the magazine of the German Soldier. Do you guys know if I can post it, or is that forbidden?

Beast
11-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Lee's Toy Review has revealed Wave 1 of the Classic Indiana Jones line due for Q1 2008. This wave is entirely comprised of Raiders figures, as follows:

- Indiana Jones (in Jacket)
- Indiana Jones (No Jacket, Streets of Cairo)
- Cairo Swordsman
- Marion Ravenwood (Streets of Cairo)
- Rene Belloq (Ceremonial Robe)
- German Soldier

Lee's has a picture in the magazine of the German Soldier. Do you guys if I can post it, or is that forbidden?
Go ahead and post it. They'll show up online soon anyway. :)

Does the magazine show new pics of the other figures, or just those?

I'm kinda surprised that Toht isn't in the first series as well. Hmm.

TheRealDubya
11-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Go ahead and post it. They'll show up online soon anyway. :)

Does the magazine show new pics of the other figures, or just those?

Will do. I'll scan it in tonight. He looks just like you'd imagine. Biege all over, submachine gun, no swastika, cap on head, great articulation. I'd say facially, the sculpt resembles the main dude who Indy battles in the Desert Convoy scene. But he's just one of these basic Germans:

The pics are different of the others too. They show the whip for the Indy figs, for example. I will post them all tonight.

Beast
11-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Will do. I'll scan it in tonight. He looks just like you'd imagine. Biege all over, submachine gun, no swastika, cap on head, great articulation. I'd say facially, the sculpt resembles the main dude who Indy battles in the Desert Convoy scene. But he's just one of these basic Germans:

The pics are different of the others too. They show the whip for the Indy figs, for example. I will post them all tonight.
Sounds good. No swastika is fine, since none of them wore one in Raiders. Even though it was prominant on the Flying Wing and on the Ark Crate. :p

Hopefully they do variant headsculpts on the German Soldiers, like they did with the Imperial Officers. I'm sure they will, if they have any sense.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2007, 03:06 PM
NICE!!! I've waited YEARS for this line to come back and i'm so pre-ordering them the first chance I get.

And seriously, where is Toht?!!?! He BETTER be in a later wave! :thumbsup:

TheRealDubya
11-05-2007, 06:58 PM
NICE!!! I've waited YEARS for this line to come back and i'm so pre-ordering them the first chance I get.

And seriously, where is Toht?!!?! He BETTER be in a later wave! :thumbsup:

He HAS to be, no? My guess is they are going to reveal a ton at Toy Fair 2008, and I wouldn't be surprised if they followed the 1st Wave with Temple of Doom and Last Crusade waves, followed by a Crystal Skull wave. They said 30 figs planned for 2008...so that's roughly 5 waves of 6. If they do well enough, I wouldn't be shocked if they tack an extra wave, some comic packs and perhaps some vehicle pack-ins into the mix. Maybe even a mail-away figure? I think it's safe to assume they will be using the Star Wars/GI Joe sales model.

master J
11-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Hopefully the line does well, I would really like to get some obscure characters down the road as well. I will definitely support it!
Did the magazine mention anything else besides the Raiders wave? I think we will see two raiders waves, because the sallah and monkeyman figures are not mentioned in wave one. Hopefully Toht and the german mechanic get made. Were you going to be able to post the pic from the mag? Dying to see the german solder!

Beast
11-05-2007, 07:53 PM
I agree. I think we'll see 2 Raiders of the Lost Ark waves to start. Followed up by 2 Kingdom of the Crystal Skull waves, as the new movie will open in May. And then we'll probably 1 from ToD and 1 from LC for the first year. My guesses.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - Wave 2:

- Indiana Jones (Map Room Outfit)
- Sallah
- Monkeyman w/ Monkey
- Colonel Dietrich
- Arnold Toht (Interchangable Hands)
- Satipo (Indy's Peruvian Guide - Alfred Molina)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Wave 1:

- Indiana Jones (Tuxedo from Club Obi-Wan)
- Willie Scott (Red Dress from Club Obi-Wan)
- Short Round w/ Zalim Singh (Or some large Accessory)
- Lao Che
- Mola Ram
- Thuggee Guard w/ Village Child Slave

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Wave 1:

- Young Indiana Jones (Boy Scout Uniform)
- Indiana Jones (Normal Outfit w/ Tie)
- "Fedora" (From Young Indy sequence)
- Henry Jones, Sr.
- Elsa Schneider
- Colonel Vogel

TheRealDubya
11-06-2007, 02:18 AM
As promised, here's the image. Beast, I like those Waves - they sound logical.

Sorry it took so long fellas.

DarthQuack
11-06-2007, 02:25 AM
I like the look of them....I'm guessing the pricing would be around the same as SW figures perhaps?

El Chuxter
11-06-2007, 02:49 AM
I see a little of that patented Hasbro PhotoShopping there....

Beast
11-06-2007, 02:50 AM
They look really good. I still don't like the wide stance of 'Streets of Cairo' Indy however. And the fact that he doesn't have knees. But since I doubt he's the only 'No Jacket' Indy figure we'll ever get, it doesn't bug me as much. The other Indy is perfect. The German Soldier looks great also. Hello Army Builder. Heh. :D

RooJay
11-06-2007, 03:39 AM
They look really good. I still don't like the wide stance of 'Streets of Cairo' Indy however. And the fact that he doesn't have knees. But since I doubt he's the only 'No Jacket' Indy figure we'll ever get, it doesn't bug me as much. The other Indy is perfect. The German Soldier looks great also. Hello Army Builder. Heh. :D

I smell action feature all over Streets of Cairo Indy! Who wants to be he has no knees because you can squeeze his leg together for whip cracking action?

Beast
11-06-2007, 08:38 AM
I smell action feature all over Streets of Cairo Indy! Who wants to be he has no knees because you can squeeze his leg together for whip cracking action?
I was sorta thinking the same thing, but didn't want to voice it. Since everyone here dreads the A.F. If so, I don't really mind. As long as it's just the one figure in the wave. I can't see the others as they're shown with action features.

Blue2th
11-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Marion's frying pan, that's a nice touch. I'm all over these when they come out.
Wonder if we'll get large accessories like giant baskets?

RooJay
11-06-2007, 10:21 AM
I was sorta thinking the same thing, but didn't want to voice it. Since everyone here dreads the A.F. If so, I don't really mind. As long as it's just the one figure in the wave. I can't see the others as they're shown with action features.

Eh, I'm not at all worried about it. Like you said, we'll surely get a more articulated jacket-less version before too long.

TheRealDubya
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Eh, I'm not at all worried about it. Like you said, we'll surely get a more articulated jacket-less version before too long.

I definitely remember the 'Bro saying in a panel or Q&A that they were working in some "exciting and/or surprising action features". If I were a kid, I gotta say that I would definitely want an Indy who could snap his whip.

While I don't love the bowlegged, preposed nature of the SOC figure, it's cool enough and INDY enough. I'll buy every last one of these.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Definately agree; i'll be snagging up each one of these and at least an extra Indy or two to open.

I just hope one day we get can get an AF Belloq that does the hand gesture he does when he has those natives go after Indy. SHame these don't have voice chips too cos i'd love to hear the "wheee wheee!" noise he makes too. heheheheheheh :thumbsup:

Beast
11-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Definately agree; i'll be snagging up each one of these and at least an extra Indy or two to open.

I just hope one day we get can get an AF Belloq that does the hand gesture he does when he has those natives go after Indy. SHame these don't have voice chips too cos i'd love to hear the "wheee wheee!" noise he makes too. heheheheheheh :thumbsup:
Don't give Hasbro any ideas. We'll end up with Commtech Chips again. ;)

Jayspawn
11-10-2007, 12:33 PM
I like em! And I hate action features also but I'm sure I'll get one of each.

I notice that the German Soldier is missing his armband. But thats ok, because I can make them! And they will ALL have armbands! Haha!

Beast
11-10-2007, 12:49 PM

I notice that the German Soldier is missing his armband. But thats ok, because I can make them! And they will ALL have armbands! Haha!
If you re-watch Raiders, they didn't have armbands in the film. ;)

Just check The Real Dubya's attachment:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=579214&postcount=131

The Swastika is only prominantly featured on the vehicles (The Flying Wing and Colonel Dietrich's car) as well as the Ark crate in the movie.

Beast
11-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Oh, and more good news on the line from Jedi Defender:

3. You mentioned in a previous Q&A session that there will be 30 figures in the Indy line next year. Are Indy figures in 2009 a certainty or is it more of a "wait and see" type of thing and see how 2008 goes first? We're just curious if this is going to be a toy line with legs under it like Star Wars has been, or if it will be much more subdued in character choices/variety.

**We are actively planning and producing for a multi-year run. IJ is something we are committed to and hopefully fans are excited about it as we are.
http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1194650179,5926,

El Chuxter
11-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I think maybe a "Will you be making Short Round figure" is in order for the Q&A. That might be the only one I'd buy, especially if he comes with a CommTech chip. "No time for love, Doctor Jones!"

Beast
11-10-2007, 01:22 PM
I think maybe a "Will you be making Short Round figure" is in order for the Q&A. That might be the only one I'd buy, especially if he comes with a CommTech chip. "No time for love, Doctor Jones!"
I actually think someone needs to ask them about the 'Swastika Issue' more than anything. Especially if they're going to do vehicles like the Flying Wing in the line. Or German Officers. The Ark Crate from the Disney line of had it on the side of it.

Blue2th
11-10-2007, 01:23 PM

You want armbands? Here's some armbands :eek::eek: http://smalljoes.com/images_ss/ssfigures-2_l.jpg

El Chuxter
11-10-2007, 04:04 PM
If they don't have swastikas, is that going to be a problem? Because I can totally see why they wouldn't.

Ji'dai
11-10-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm excited about this line, swastikas or no. Would be nice to see Nazi insignia on the accessories or vehicles, but even companies that make historically accurate military toys shy away from putting swastikas on their product.

I'm considering buying a set of IJ figures to keep carded, something I used to do with SW up until pOTC & ROTS. I wonder what Hasbro's MSRP on basic figures will be - about the same or higher than SW? I'm anticipating higher prices on everything in '08 due to the toy recalls.

Beast
11-10-2007, 06:27 PM
It wouldn't bug me. While I would like the figures/vehicles to be completely accurate, I can understand why they would shy away from putting the emblem on the toys. I was honestly surprised it was on the Ark Crate sold with the figures at Disney.

Besides, those of us who want the figures to be accurate shouldn't have a big problem making the symbols ourselves. Some red electical tape cut to size, a white paint pen, and then a fine tipped black ink pen. There you go, you have removable armbands for if you decide to take them off. Same can be done for the flags and such from the movie, if you want to create a German Soldier - Standard Bearer.

JediTricks
11-11-2007, 03:44 AM
We already asked about Shorty on ActionFigs, Sept 14th:

In regards to the Indiana Jones line, what types of ideas are being considered? Would it be safe to assume that characters like Mola Ram, the giant Thugee guard, Temple of Doom "wear & tear" Indy with torn shirt and missing sleeve, Henry Jones Sr., Willie Scott, and Short Round are good possibilities? After all, they do all seem like logical choices. Will the Star Wars Battle Pack and Comic 2-Pack concepts be used in the Indiana Jones line? How about Indy role-play accessories?
Right now it is still too early to talk about the breadth and depth of Indy....that will probably come next around Toy Fair. We we will say that we are doing both a mix of classic (previous three films) and figures from the new Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The figures you named are all strong classic figures, so there's a good chance most or all of them will be in the line at some point.
As for the swastikas, the idea of you guys making your own little nazi armbands for your toys is more than a little creepy. :p

Blue2th
11-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Yes even most historically acurate vehicles including the 1:18 German Messershmitts and Fock-Wulf 190 Airplanes and Tiger-Panther tanks etc. from Ultimate Soldier are sold without the swastikas. The way they see it It's just not proper or politically correct to sell them that way, as they will offend someone.

It's kinda weird. When buying the 1:18 P-40 Flying Tiger of the AVG, it came without the country insignia (blue sun in white background) which was China's armed forces insignia during WWII.
China who manufactures these planes won't put it on there because it's now the insignia for Taiwan.
Funny that they have no problem using the Japanese meatball, and the Japs still haven't appologized for the genocide of Chinese people. So it's almost a contradiction in what's politically correct.

All the necessary insignias for 1:18 (which is the size the Indy figs/vehicles) including swastikas can be bought in decal form from places like Badcat.com and Small Joes.

Beast
11-11-2007, 09:47 AM
As for the swastikas, the idea of you guys making your own little nazi armbands for your toys is more than a little creepy. :p
It is a bit creepy. But I hope you understand it's not meant to offend. But more a desire to have accurate figures and vehicles. Not from any desire to glamorize a monstrous group of people and their deeds. I'm just incredibly picky about movie accuracy. Hence why I don't have any problem with the German Soldier. Since they didn't have the armband or insignia on their uniforms in RotLA anyway.

All the necessary insignias for 1:18 (which is the size the Indy figs/vehicles) including swastikas can be bought in decal form from places like Badcat.com and Small Joes.
Thanks for the link, Blue2th. I'll check them out later. :)

Cash
11-11-2007, 10:44 AM
the figures will sell, but vehicles and playsets? I'm not so sure...
I hope they are figures from all of the movies and not just the new one.

Beast
11-11-2007, 12:10 PM
I think vehicles and horses and such will sell well. Playsets, I rather doubt it.

And they plan to do figures from all 4 movies. So don't worry about that. :)

El Chuxter
11-11-2007, 01:12 PM
Cool beans. I've been practically ignoring the Indy Q&A's (not so much lack of interest, as lack of money and space for any new toy lines), but it looks like I'm going to have to get at least one.

Can we ask about bringing back the CommTech chips?

Blue2th
11-11-2007, 02:48 PM
The Ultimate Soldier Duece and a half is on sale at Badcat for like $25.00. This is the vehicle that was modified for the Indy German Soldier chase scene.
With some modifications it could work for the Mercedes type truck used in the film, since it's the same truck. I'll be ordering one anyways cause I missed it when Walmart had them. http://www.badcataviation.com/wcdo112tonwe.html

Ji'dai
11-13-2007, 02:15 PM
I personally don't want to see any Commtech chips, freeze-frames, coins, art deco stereopticons, or any other pack-in garbage that Hasbro likes to include with their SW figures.

The Ultimate Soldier Duece and a half is on sale at Badcat for like $25.00. This is the vehicle that was modified for the Indy German Soldier chase scene.
With some modifications it could work for the Mercedes type truck used in the film, since it's the same truck. I'll be ordering one anyways cause I missed it when Walmart had them. http://www.badcataviation.com/wcdo112tonwe.html That was tempting, but I'm going to wait and see what Hasbro offers. It probably won't be as good as 21st Century's stuff, but I don't think 21st is going to do a 1:18 version any time soon. Seems like the current trend in military toys is 1:32 scale. Check out 21st's 1:32 three-ton truck (http://www.badcataviation.com/ge3tr121ceto.html) and Forces of Valor's motorcycle with sidecar (http://www.badcataviation.com/ks750zusi1fo.html). I'd love to see both in 1:18 scale.

The 1:18 Ultimate Soldier D-Day assortment, which includes the two German Afrika Korps soldiers, is going out of production. This assortment is being replaced by the Vietnam-era 173rd Brigade, which I've seen at TRU in the past week. I've been building up some German WWII forces before Hasbro releases their more expensive versions in the Indy line.

Blue2th
11-13-2007, 02:40 PM
That 21st Duece and a half was an 1:18 version. I've got the single axle Weapons Carrier, and the Dodge Patton Jeep also.

Sadly I think that alot of the 1:18 military vehicles and Airplanes are being phased out. At least at retail (not enough shelf space) Walmart just blew out most of the left over warplanes they had, and they are not the exclusive retail carrier of 21st century anymore. TRU just picked them up again.

I've got a few of the 1:32 military, and like you said that seems to be the trend.
Being mostly a 1:18 (3 3/4) collector though, I don't see me buying too much more 1:32.
1:18 is such a great scale to mix different brands together. I mean the 21st Century stuff goes good with GI Joes, which I also collect.

Nobody's made a 1:18 motorcycle and side-car though, which would be perfect for Indy and his Dad. Maybe we'll get one from Hasbro.

I didn't know about the phase-out of the 21st Afrika Corps. I think I need to at least get a few of those.

Beast
11-13-2007, 02:55 PM
I personally don't want to see any Commtech chips, freeze-frames, coins, art deco stereopticons, or any other pack-in garbage that Hasbro likes to include with their SW figures.
They'll have pack-ins as is noted earlier in the thread. But they'll be miniture representations of artifacts. Which I think is actually pretty cool. :)

Ji'dai
11-13-2007, 03:32 PM
That 21st Duece and a half was an 1:18 version. Yeah, but I'm too lazy to customize it into the vehicle seen in the movie.

They'll have pack-ins as is noted earlier in the thread. But they'll be miniture representations of artifacts. Which I think is actually pretty cool. I like archaeological stuff as much as the next guy, but quite frankly, if the pack-ins aren't in scale with the figures, they're pretty much worthless to me. All of my SW pack-ins end up in storage, never on display. If I wasn't such a pack rat, I'd probably sell or give 'em away.

Blue2th
11-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Here's an idea. Bury an Indy action figure with his pack-in artifact.
A thousand years from now an Archeaologist will dig it up as an artifact with a pack-in artifact. :grin:

JediTricks
11-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I personally don't want to see any Commtech chips, freeze-frames, coins, art deco stereopticons, or any other pack-in garbage that Hasbro likes to include with their SW figures.Bad news then, because Hasbro's including some little historical trinket thing with each figure, Marion gets the out-of-scale headpiece to the staff of Ra, Belloq comes with the out-of-scale fertility idol statue (you can see the thinking here, right?).

Beast
11-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Bad news then, because Hasbro's including some little historical trinket thing with each figure, Marion gets the out-of-scale headpiece to the staff of Ra, Belloq comes with the out-of-scale fertility idol statue (you can see the thinking here, right?).
Belloq's trying to get fertile?

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 12:10 AM
That's how the movie starts, Belloq takes it away from Indy and then does unspeakable things with it, we're left to assume.

RooJay
11-14-2007, 02:34 AM

Yeah, it totally sucks when they try to give us free crap to add value to our purchase! I freakin' hate that! Stupid Hasbro...not leaving enough room in the package for our figures to be comfortable. Errhh!!!:upset:

;)

Blue2th
11-14-2007, 11:16 AM
The 1:18 Ultimate Soldier D-Day assortment, which includes the two German Afrika Korps soldiers, is going out of production. This assortment is being replaced by the Vietnam-era 173rd Brigade, which I've seen at TRU in the past week. I've been building up some German WWII forces before Hasbro releases their more expensive versions in the Indy line.

I read your post and decided that I better get as many Germans as I was going to get before they are gone.
Last night I tracked down 3 Afrka Korps soldiers and 2 Wermacht German soldiers.
The usa D-Day soldiers are pretty much everywhere, but the Germans are getting harder to find. There are still 2 more of the set I need to track down.

Thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
11-14-2007, 12:48 PM
I plan on getting a bunch of German Soldiers when the line comes out. I want to be able to equip a truck!

Ji'dai
11-14-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, it totally sucks when they try to give us free crap to add value to our purchase! I freakin' hate that! Stupid Hasbro...not leaving enough room in the package for our figures to be comfortable. Errhh!!!:upset:

;) It's not free if you have buy something else in order to get it. Why not include sample-size tubes of personal lubricant instead of coins or whatnot? That's what pack-ins really are, to make bending over for Hasbro's inflated prices a little easier to take (or swallow).

I read your post and decided that I better get as many Germans as I was going to get before they are gone. Last night I tracked down 3 Afrka Korps soldiers and 2 Wermacht German soldiers.
The usa D-Day soldiers are pretty much everywhere, but the Germans are getting harder to find. There are still 2 more of the set I need to track down. Thanks for the reminder :thumbsup: No problem, I'd like to get a few more myself. I've noticed that the German soldiers tend to sell more quickly than the GIs. I figure I can swap heads from the American soldiers to give my German army more variety. I knew that TRU is carrying them again, but I didn't know Wal-Mart dropped the line though. According to their website, 21st is releasing 1:18 dualpacks (http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/area21/articles.asp?newsID=275) for army building next year. Maybe they'll repack the Afrika Korps and Wehrmacht soldiers in future 2-packs.

I plan on getting a bunch of German Soldiers when the line comes out. I want to be able to equip a truck! Most definitely. I'm starting now though, with the WWII figures from 21st Century Toys. I think the figures are a good value (around $5 each) for the quality and number of accessories you get (some figures have up to 20 accessories including a display stand).

RooJay
11-15-2007, 04:06 AM
It's not free if you have buy something else in order to get it. Why not include sample-size tubes of personal lubricant instead of coins or whatnot? That's what pack-ins really are, to make bending over for Hasbro's inflated prices a little easier to take (or swallow).

No, you don't have to buy the figure to get the pack-ins. You don't have to buy anything at all, in fact. The figure prices are what they are, and as long as there is a market for these figures, as long as there are people who will buy them, whatever price they are offered for is, for better or worse, the 'fair market price'. That's just basic economics. Pack-ins are not figured into the cost of manufacturing the figures; Hasbro is in fact offering them to us for free with our figures. I can guarantee you that if Hasbro discontinues pack-ins of any type from now on, the figures will continue to be sold at the exact same price.

Beast
11-15-2007, 02:31 PM
For you 7" Collectors, apperantly there's going to be a 7" Indiana Jones figure sculpted by Gentle Giant sold exclusive thru Disney Land/Disney World that will be available in December. It supposedly features a lot of articulation and comes with a bunch of accessories. Anyone who gets Toyfare Magazine, there was apperantly a picture of it in yesterday's issue. So feel free to scan away. :D

JediTricks
11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
For you 7" Collectors, apperantly there's going to be a 7" Indiana Jones figure sculpted by Gentle Giant sold exclusive thru Disney Land/Disney World that will be available in December. It supposedly features a lot of articulation and comes with a bunch of accessories. Anyone who gets Toyfare Magazine, there was apperantly a picture of it in yesterday's issue. So feel free to scan away. :D
Ooooohhhhh man that sounds cool! Friggin' exclusives, they're ruining the hobby, but I gotta have it.

RooJay
11-16-2007, 02:37 AM

No one has a scan yet? I won't be able to get to my comic shop until Saturday.:sad:

TheRealDubya
11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
No one has a scan yet? I won't be able to get to my comic shop until Saturday.:sad:

These dudes have it up:
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=11799

figrin bran
11-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Thanks for that link!

I'll look forward to getting one of the Disney 7" Indys in the next few months.

Ji'dai
11-16-2007, 08:15 PM
No, you don't have to buy the figure to get the pack-ins. You don't have to buy anything at all, in fact {snip} :laugh: I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this, Jay.

These dudes have it up:
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=11799 That 7" figure is the bees knees! Great likeness and sculpt with some decent articulation for a change. Too bad about making it an exclusive. Only way I'd be able to score one is if they pop up in a Disney store.

RooJay
11-18-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah, that's not too impressive. Shame! I expected better from Gentle Giant. Good thing Hasbro's figures look pretty good. There's always Sideshow, too.

JediTricks
11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
I feel the same way, "good, not great". Likeness is off, sculpted shirt looks cheap for a figure half its size, elbow and knee articulation is a huge step backwards, hands are way out of style, and the hips are a horrible knockoff of everything Toy Biz ever did wrong with ball-jointed hips. That said, I'll likely get it anyway.

DarkArtist
11-23-2007, 08:36 PM
really really really can't wait for the Indiana Jones figure with the leather jacket and fedora. I have wanted an Indy figure since the original one back in the 80's

JediTricks
11-24-2007, 03:10 PM
I really hope Hasbro doesn't pull another Darth Maul and underproduce that figure, that's the one everybody wants, even if he's 4 per case it won't be enough.

TheRealDubya
11-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I really hope Hasbro doesn't pull another Darth Maul and underproduce that figure, that's the one everybody wants, even if he's 4 per case it won't be enough.

I would bet we will see plenty of that Indy figure. I'll probably buy ten to compensate for 20-odd years of unavailability.:thumbsup:

pkalan70
11-25-2007, 12:26 AM

Indiana Jones more than any other toy line needs vehicles and playsets. Especially playsets. There are about 5 you could list without even thinking, and thats just from Raiders. You don't want an idol room with rolling ball? If you don't, then you don't deserve figures. :whip:

General_Grievous
11-26-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm definitely getting that Indy with the jacket and fedora and the inevitable Short Round figure. After that, I'm good.

TheRealDubya
11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
It has begun. Wave 1 has eight figures. Three of them are listed as "Undisclosed Figure." Based on what we have seen, I am guessing:

Indy
Indy Cairo
Belloq
Marion
German Soldier
Monkey Man
Sallah
Cairo Swordsman

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1055&category=4268

Cool. This kind of makes it real for me.

master J
11-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Nice! I hope we get one more wave of Raiders in 08! Plenty of choices, german mechanic, dietrich, toht, indy in german disguise, another belloq, maybe even a hovito!
Really looking forward to news on the temple of doom waive. I wouldve thought some info would have leaked out by now. Hasbro is really getting tight with their info!!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-30-2007, 05:47 PM
It has begun. Wave 1 has eight figures. Thre eof them are listed as "Undisclosed Figure." Based on what we have seen, I am guessing:

Indy
Indy Cairo
Belloq
Marion
German Soldier
Monkey Man
Sallah
Cairo Swordsman

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=1055&category=4268

Cool. This kind of makes it real for me.

Hee! I ordered mine a few minutes ago along with some extra Indy figures for myself, father and brother, who put figures on their desks/shelfs at work. SO. Excited. :thumbsup:

I do hope that the official list of this wave has both versions of Indy as I think we do need the version of Indy with the jacket.

Ji'dai
12-01-2007, 06:37 PM
My first instinct with this line is to by in bulk and hoard away :D Pre-ordering cases is mighty tempting, but I think I'll wait until May. I'm sure we'll be seeing large movie displays filled with Hasbro/LEGO toys at retailers in six months.

pkalan70
12-03-2007, 04:23 PM
:laugh: I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this, Jay.

That 7" figure is the bees knees! Great likeness and sculpt with some decent articulation for a change. Too bad about making it an exclusive. Only way I'd be able to score one is if they pop up in a Disney store.

Disney does not own the Disney store.
At least not any of those in your local mall.
And hasn't for several years.
Sold the license to Child's Play, a children's clothing store.
If you remember back a couple of years, they used to sell watches, lithographs, statues, all sorts of stuff.
The one in Chicago (woodfield) even had a restaurant.
Now, its all kids clothes and stuffed animals.
Sorry, just another example of Disney selling out.
Thats why no Star Wars and no Indiana Jones.
Sorry buddy.

Ji'dai
12-03-2007, 06:50 PM
I've seen Pirates of the Caribbean figures at Disney Stores, as well as toys from other Disney movies as recently as the weekend before Thanksgiving, so I know they carry action figures and vehicles. And I've seen Star Tours figures in Disney Stores too, but it's been awhile. While I don't expect to find any of the park exclusives at the stores, I don't rule out the possibility either.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-04-2007, 04:12 PM
The GD had some news today that the first wave is confirmed via EE:

Indiana Jones with Jacket (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Indiana%20Jones/Hasbro/4-Inch/1_IndyJacket_Press.jpg)
Indiana Jones with Whip (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Indiana%20Jones/Hasbro/4-Inch/1_IndyCairo_Press.jpg)
Marion Ravenwood (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Indiana%20Jones/Hasbro/4-Inch/1_Marion_Press.jpg)
Belloq (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Indiana%20Jones/Hasbro/4-Inch/1_Belloq_Press.jpg)
Sallah (no pic yet)
Monkey Man (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Indiana%20Jones/Hasbro/4-Inch/1_MonkeyMan_Press.jpg)
German Guard (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Indiana%20Jones/Hasbro/4-Inch/1_GermanGuard_Press.jpg)
Cairo Swordsman (http://www.thegd.com/photo.asp?image=/images/Toys/Indiana%20Jones/Hasbro/4-Inch/1_Swordsman_Press.jpg)

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TheRealDubya
12-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Man, 5 months is a long time to wait. I really wish the Bro would do a Sneak Preview figure through the Star Wars line -- like a chase figure or something in the 2008 TAC Wave 1. Lucasfilm has allowed Indy chases before (Kubricks) so it's not without precedent; that would be a pretty sweet treat -- an Indy in Jacket fig on the TAC card art.

Blue2th
12-08-2007, 10:31 AM
JediDefender.com Has a Target DPCI number list of upcoming Indiana Jones figures and playsets etc.
There's also some Clone Wars in there.
http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1197093541,29731,

Well the link doesn't seem to work, but you can go to their site.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Playsets and vehicles?!!?!?!? That's tasty!!! :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
12-13-2007, 07:58 PM
So who here ventured out to Disneyland to get the new 7" Indy?

CoolToyReview (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Disney_A_Closer_Look_At_Indiana_Jones_110691.asp)h as some more pics and a mini-review. I think Junior looks pretty good.

TheRealDubya
12-14-2007, 01:08 PM
So who here ventured out to Disneyland to get the new 7" Indy?

CoolToyReview (http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Disney_A_Closer_Look_At_Indiana_Jones_110691.asp)h as some more pics and a mini-review. I think Junior looks pretty good.

It's a nice looking piece. If it was available online, I'd buy it for sure. I think you can order by phone by calling Disneyland, but it's a minimum order of $50, or something, and the figure is only like $12. There's a whole chain on it HERE (http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=11933)

If I find myself in SoCal this year, I might pop in and get one (and ride some rides, of course.)

Beast
12-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Cool Toy Review posted Hasbro's plans for 2008. So now we know what's up with IJ.

For 2008, fans of Indiana Jones can expect Hasbro to have their backs. At the current time, we can tell you that they have broken down virtually on the product lines in this franchise into two waves. The first waves will, where applicable, focus on the debut film Raiders Of The Lost Ark and the second waves will be based on the characters from the upcoming film, The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. After that time we’ll see products based on the other Indy stories as well.

Expect to see the first two waves of the following in February at Toy Fair:

3 3/4” Basic Figure Assortment
Series 1: ROTLA
Series 2: TKOTCS

3 ” Deluxe Figure Assortment

3 ” Vehicle Assortment

Adventure Set

Adventure Heroes Assortment

12” Action figure Assortment

Titanium Series

Beyond that, collectors can expect to see Indiana Jones Mighty Muggs, Die Cast Playsets, and of course, no modern day Hasbro collection is complete without our starchy friend, Taders Of The Lost Ark.

evenflow
12-16-2007, 01:27 PM

Ill be picking these up, passing on everything else.

Beast
12-16-2007, 01:32 PM
What? No Taders of the Lost Ark? :D

DarthBrandon
12-16-2007, 03:05 PM
What? No Taders of the Lost Ark? :D

I may pick up one of these to go with Darth Tader, have to wait & see.lol

Ji'dai
12-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Definitely getting the 3-3/4" figures and vehicles. I want the German cargo truck and a motorcycle with detachable sidecar the most.

I doubt I'll pick up the pre-school figurine packs, though that may change after I see them in person. Same with the Titaniums and die-cast playsets. I'm sure we'll get the stuff from the old Galoob IJ MicroMachines (http://www.theraider.net/information/collectibles/micro_machines.php) box set again.

Boy, am I glad to see that Hasbro is doing a 12" line again. Hopefully they put some effort into the line and produce some decent likenesses. Though even the much-venerated Sideshow can't always deliver on that count.

I won't be getting the Mighty Muggs and Potato Heads.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Man, even this new movie's acronym sucks.

Hasbro had their 12" on display at SDCC, it looked alright, I think ActionFigs.com's coverage has photos somewhere. It won't compare to the Sideshow one though, that is no doubt.

DarthBrandon
12-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Man, even this new movie's acronym sucks.

Hasbro had their 12" on display at SDCC, it looked alright, I think ActionFigs.com's coverage has photos somewhere. It won't compare to the Sideshow one though, that is no doubt.

Hey JT,

Do you know when the S.A. Indy is coming out? Is it in the regular waves or the Deluxe ones?

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 07:34 PM
The regular-wave leather jacket one looked pretty much what you're talking about, that's in basic wave 1.

DarthBrandon
12-16-2007, 07:59 PM
The regular-wave leather jacket one looked pretty much what you're talking about, that's in basic wave 1.

Cool Cool, thanks JT, can't wait to snatch that one up.

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I am fearing Darth Maul syndrome on it. Maul was packed 4 to a case in Ep 1 wave 1 - twice as much as anybody else in the case of 32 figs - and it still wasn't enough by a longshot.

Battle Droid
12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
For 2008, fans of Indiana Jones can expect Hasbro to have their backs. At the current time, we can tell you that they have broken down virtually on the product lines in this franchise into two waves. The first waves will, where applicable, focus on the debut film Raiders Of The Lost Ark and the second waves will be based on the characters from the upcoming film, The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull. After that time we’ll see products based on the other Indy stories as well.

Expect to see the first two waves of the following in February at Toy Fair:

3 ” Vehicle Assortment

Adventure Set

Adventure Heroes Assortment

12” Action figure Assortment

Titanium Series

Beyond that, collectors can expect to see Indiana Jones Mighty Muggs, Die Cast Playsets, and of course, no modern day Hasbro collection is complete without our starchy friend, Taders Of The Lost Ark.

What? No Indiana Jones Transformers?

Jayspawn
12-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Please...noooo....

Beast
12-16-2007, 11:10 PM
Please...noooo....
What, you don't want a Ark Transport Truck that turns into a Nazi? :D

TheRealDubya
12-17-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm excited to see what the Deluxe figure assortment will hold. I'm hoping for a Map Room Indy, and Indy with a horse.

Beast
12-26-2007, 10:39 PM
It looks like they're going with the Spider-Man format for the upcoming Indy Heroes line. Given the picture of the loose set reveals that there's 5 different Indys spread out acorss the first 8 sets. From left to right. Other than the ones we've been told come packaged together, your guess is as good as mine.

Indiana Jones (w/ Gun)
Indiana Jones (Map Room Disguise)
Indiana Jones (Basic)
German Mechanic
Havitos
Sallah
Crystal Skull Native
Belloq
Cairo Swordsman
Ghost
Marian
Indiana Jones (No Jacket w/ Whip & Gun)
Mummy
Indiana Jones (w/ Whip & Idol)
Ark of the Covenant

Edit: One of the Indy's is supposedly Old Man Indy and comes with the Crystal Skull Native. But damn if I can tell which one is supposed to be the older Indy. I'm gonna guess it's the Basic version (3rd one over) at the top.

JediTricks
12-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Mummy? What the hell?!? The ghost I can sorta give them from the ending of Raiders, but unless this new movie has mummies in it (which would be super lame), I'm calling cheesenanigans on that.

bert19
12-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Mummy? What the hell?!? The ghost I can sorta give them from the ending of Raiders, but unless this new movie has mummies in it (which would be super lame), I'm calling cheesenanigans on that.

i think the mummy is supposed to be like the skeletons found in the tomb indy and marion escape from (the well of souls?), the one full of snakes.

i think the crystal skull native is the guy with the spear. And i think Beast is right about the Crystal Skull Indy being the one with the jacket and gloves.

Beast
12-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah, bert19 is right. Remember when Indy and Marian are escaping from the Well of the Souls, and all of the mummy skeletons are kinda reaching for her. ;)

And Bert, I think the Crystal Skull Native is the one with the stone hatchet. Because the Havitos from RotLA had spears, but I don't recall stone hatchets.

bert19
12-27-2007, 04:02 PM
fair enough mate. you seem to be very clued up on these things, so i'll agree with you.

the set of figures in question went for $152 on ebay. Quite a price for something that will be out in 3months or so

JediTricks
12-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Wow, that's really thin if that's where they're getting their inspiration from. Those weren't that mummy-esque.

Beast
12-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Wow, that's really thin if that's where they're getting their inspiration from. Those weren't that mummy-esque.
They had bandages and snakes sticking out of them. Works for me. :D

bert19
12-28-2007, 08:27 AM
he's right.

back to the original point though, i really like the look of these.

the indy in the action pose of firing the revolver looks wicked. As do the crystal skull native and the havitos.

interestingly, no word/sign of german soldiers in this line

RooJay
12-31-2007, 11:03 PM
Since this is a children's toy line, I think insisting on strict adherence to on screen characters only is kind of pointless and unrealistic.

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 03:36 AM
Well hell's bells, let's have Hasbro sell us an Indy vs. Frankenstein's monster 2pack, or Indy vs Freddy Krueger, or Marion in powered Nazi armor vs the Ghost of Christmas Past.

RooJay
01-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Only as long as they do them in the 3 3/4" line, too.

JediTricks
01-04-2008, 07:19 AM
Toht vs "Ford's Theater" Abraham Lincoln would make an awesome 3.75" 2-pack.

El Chuxter
01-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Why beat around the bush?

Indiana Jones vs Han Solo!

TheRealDubya
01-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Why beat around the bush?

Indiana Jones vs Han Solo!

Do it Hasbro! Bring it. Evolution of the Harrison Ford...Colonel Lucas (Apocalypse Now), Han Solo (ANH) and Indy (ROTLA). Ha.

Didn't Indy actually find the remains of Han and Chewie in one of those Infinities comics? I guarantee you they'll dig up that chestnut and make a comic pack 2-pack.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Into_the_Great_Unknown

bert19
01-05-2008, 09:20 AM
i do actually really like the idea of an indy vs han solo pack.

it would be cool

General_Grievous
01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Do it Hasbro! Bring it. Evolution of the Harrison Ford...Colonel Lucas (Apocalypse Now), Han Solo (ANH) and Indy (ROTLA). Ha.

I'd slightly change it to include Han Solo (ANH), Indy (ROTLA), and President Marshall (Air Force One). :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-08-2008, 07:32 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HND40070A%20#LargeImage

Pics of the figures and pre sale at EE.

El Chuxter
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
The swordsman looks like he's karaokeing.

TheRealDubya
01-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Just ordered a case of Wave 1 from StarWarsShop. No running around to stores all over town for these babies. I want them in hand ASAP. However, if I happen to be in a store and see them before they arrive...well, you all know how that goes.

I figure we have about 120 days/4 months until these hit stores. Hot.

And we're only 38 days away from Toy Fair. We'll see a bunch of new stuff then as well.

Beast
01-10-2008, 09:56 PM
So cool. According to Cool Toy Review, there will be 3 cool mail-aways for Indy. :D

Indiana Jones Tickets To Adventure
Posted by Curto on January 10, 2008 at 11:35 AM CST:

We've unlocked the hidden secrets of the Ticket to Adventure mystery! Each toy line from Hasbro will contain an exclusive redemption certificate, good for a free toy!

In the 3" line, you can send away for a Crystal Skeleton Figure with Throne, by collecting 6 different Indiana Jones stickers!

In the Adventure Heroes line, you can send away for Indiana Jones & Horse set, by collecting 6 different Indiana Jones stickers!

In the 12" line, you can send away for a 12"-scale Ark of the Covenant, by collecting 4 different Indiana Jones stickers!

Look for more details on the official Indiana Jones toys when they hit shelves this spring!
http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Indiana_Jones_Tickets_To_Adventure_111430.asp

Kidhuman
01-10-2008, 10:16 PM
Man Hasbro is going to be doing 12" figs again. I would love the ARK, depends on how much tey are for me.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-10-2008, 10:59 PM
So cool. According to Cool Toy Review, there will be 3 cool mail-aways for Indy. :D

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/Indiana_Jones_Tickets_To_Adventure_111430.asp

As a MOC collector, I heartily shout, "G-- dammit!" :upset::upset::upset:

figrin bran
01-11-2008, 01:56 AM
As a MOC collector, I heartily shout, "G-- dammit!" :upset::upset::upset:

Maybe people who army build will help you out with extra stickers/certificates?

I'm going to try to resist collecting Adventure Heroes and the 12" line.

RooJay
01-11-2008, 03:18 AM
Hasbro's twelve inch figures suck. I'll wait for Sideshow's 1/6th scale Ark. Hopefully it won't end up as a Con exclusive, though I'm willing to bet it will (in which case, I'll be wishing I had got Hasbro's version!)

Beast
01-11-2008, 05:19 PM
The 12" Indy figure they showed at SDCC looked pretty damn good to me.

Beast
01-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Here's news about the Indy line from The Private Universe.

INDIANA JONES 3 ” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 1 - February 2008
Marion Ravenwood
Indiana Jones Cairo
Indy Temple of Doom
Cairo Swordsman
Sallah
Belloq
German Soldier with gun
Monkey Man with monkey

INDIANA JONES 3 ” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 2 - April 2008
Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones
Mutt Williams
Mutt Williams
Irena Spalko
Dovchenko
Narzca Warrior
Cemetery Warrior
Russian Soldier

INDIANA JONES 3” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 3 - June 2008
Indiana Jones
Dr. Henry Jones
Elsa
Young Indy
Grail Knight
Vogel

INDIANA JONES 3” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES 3 ” DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 1 - March 2008
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Trap
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Trap
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Horse
Deluxe German with Motorcycle

INDIANA JONES 3 ” DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 2
Mutt Williams with Motorcycle - April 2008

INDIANA JONES 3 ” DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 3 - May 2008
INDIANA JONES 3 ” DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 4 - June 2008

INDIANA JONES 12” ASSORTED
Wave 1 - April 2008
Wave 2 - April 2008
Wave 3 - July 2008
Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES 2” ADVENTURE HEROES 2 PACKS
Wave 1 - March 2008
Wave 2 - April 2008
Wave 3 - July 2008
Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES VEHICLE AND PLAYSETS
Indiana Jones 3.75” Vehicle Assortment
Wave 1 - March 2008
Wave 3 - April 2008
Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES TITANIUM DIE-CAST VEHICLES
Waves - TBC

INDIANA JONES PLAYSETS
Indiana Jones 3.75” Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Playset - TBC
Indiana Jones 1:64 Scale Die-Case Adventure Playset - TBC

INDIANA JONES ROLE PLAY
Indiana Jones Role Play – Whip - April 2008
Indiana Jones role Play - Sword - June 2008

INDIANA JONES MIGHTY MUGS
Wave 1 - July 2008
Wave 2 - September 2008

http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk/cgi-bin/showarticle.pl?section=news&articleid=2464

TheRealDubya
01-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Here's news about the Indy line from The Pirate Universe.

I was just about to post this Beast; nice scoop.:thumbsup:

I like everything I'm seeing on this list. Playsets, eh?

Beast
01-11-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm suprised they're leaving Temple of Doom out until possibly Wave 4.

TheRealDubya
01-11-2008, 06:59 PM
I'm suprised they're leaving Temple of Doom out until possibly Wave 4.

It does say there's a TOD Indy in Wave 1. Not sure I buy that. Plus, the release dates are wonky.

Kidhuman
01-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I didnt think they were coming until April or so, this says next month.

bert19
01-12-2008, 05:44 AM
i live in the uk and we NEVER get stuff as quickly as u do in the US.

those dates may be right, but they'll probably arrive here then and then sit in a warehouse for 3 months before we see them.

hope i'm wrong and we get indy stuff in march, but i doubt we will really

RooJay
01-13-2008, 08:29 PM
So market research indicates playsets will sell for Indiana Jones, but not Star Wars?! Guess I should be happy we're getting any playsets at all from Hasbro anyway. I just feel like they've been lying to us a bit too much recently. I mean, they've even been swearing up and down that Marvel Legends don't contain comics because they're too expensive to include when over in the Star Wars and G.I. Joe lines both we have a pretty extensive line of comic 2-packs that not only showcase the comics, but also come with two figures which are frequently as not completely new sculpts for less than the price of two individual figures. On second thought, don't anybody let that get back to Hasbro or we'll end up paying fifteen bucks for 2-packs without comics...

Yay! Go playsets!!!

El Chuxter
01-14-2008, 12:36 PM
No Short Round?

What. The. Fudge?

Screw it; I'm not collecting this carp unless they can make me a Shorty figure.

I take it Mutt is Shia "Can't F***ing Act" LeBoof? Why at least three figures of that bilbo rather than Short Round?

Of course, these are the same idiots who are giving us the second frigging Gree in two years. :rolleyes:

Beast
01-14-2008, 12:58 PM
No Short Round?

What. The. Fudge?

Screw it; I'm not collecting this carp unless they can make me a Shorty figure.

I take it Mutt is Shia "Can't F***ing Act" LeBoof? Why at least three figures of that bilbo rather than Short Round?

Of course, these are the same idiots who are giving us the second frigging Gree in two years. :rolleyes:
They're saving Temple of Doom for Wave 4. They're still coming.

Kidhuman
01-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Short Round will be the Yarna of the Indy Line