PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi Lost Highway

preacher
06-19-2007, 10:11 PM
So....

Has anybody purchased Bon Jovi's new CD yet? I had it in my hand at the music store, expecting a country sound, since thats the direction they are supposedly going. Not much of a country fan, but I did like Who Says You Can't Go Home on Have a nice day.

Then I heard Lost Highway over the store speakers and found that song to pretty meh. Meh enough that I decided I could wait on the purchase. There was another song over the store speakers which was quite different but certainly not very country sounding and not enough for me to shell out fifteen bucks. Did Jon lose his nerve at the eleventh hour and go back to the same sound as Have a nice day (my initial reaction is yes) or is Lost Highway actually different than the last three Bon Jovi albums?

El Chuxter
06-20-2007, 12:33 AM
I haven't picked it up yet. Target has it on sale for $9.99 this week, and I believe their version has two exclusive bonus tracks.

TeeEye7
06-20-2007, 06:44 AM
I'd pick up the Olsen Twin's Greatest Hits before I touched a Bon Jovi CD. :p

2-1B
06-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I like that new song.

wampaslayr
06-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I bought the new CD and I like it. It's not country in its sound but "country-influenced." I call it Bon Jovi Lite compared to Have A Nice Day and Bounce. Will it go down in history as one of their best albums? No, but I like that they tried something new. Now that Jon got that out of his system, he can go back to the sound they are famous for.

preacher
06-24-2007, 07:03 PM
Hmmm. Well I was actually looking foreword to hearing more of a western sound. Kinda like his Blaze of Glory solo effort which had a lot of "western" influcences and not necessarily country. I thought that was some of his best work. Pretty much I like anything Jon records. These Days took some time for me to warm to but I warmed to it eventually.