PDA

View Full Version : Blackhole Stormtrooper Helmet

Jayspawn
06-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Today MR put up the long awaited Blackhole Stormtrooper Helmet up for Preorder. Highly anticipated at only 500 pieces.

I was able to get my order in. I was gonna pass but after seeing it in person at the MR Party at CIV -changed my mind.

The end of the summer should be interesting with both the BH and standard Stormtrooper helmets shipping. My CC is still all bandaged up after CIV. :whip:

eFXAmy
06-20-2007, 02:29 PM
Hi Jayspawn,

I am happy to hear you were able to get an order in because they are just about sold out! We only have 37 left!

Today MR put up the long awaited Blackhole Stormtrooper Helmet up for Preorder. Highly anticipated at only 500 pieces.

I was able to get my order in. I was gonna pass but after seeing it in person at the MR Party at CIV -changed my mind.

The end of the summer should be interesting with both the BH and standard Stormtrooper helmets shipping. My CC is still all bandaged up after CIV. :whip:

eFXAmy
06-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Hi Everyone!
We are now sold out of the Shadow Trooper Helmet. We will be putting up a wait list for this item so if you still want one please sign up. There are always cancellations and credit card declines so your chances of getting one if you sign up early are pretty good!

sergiurusu
07-21-2007, 11:59 AM
I think I'll stick to the the scaled one:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
07-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Cant go wrong with that either. They're both sold out!

Blue2th
07-22-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi Everyone!
We are now sold out of the Shadow Trooper Helmet. We will be putting up a wait list for this item so if you still want one please sign up. There are always cancellations and credit card declines so your chances of getting one if you sign up early are pretty good!
Thanks, I did just that. Though I'm not a Collector's society member (does this exclude me?)
I do collect the scaled replicas and have a number of lightsabers as well as the mini-helmets, though most of my collection is the Riddells (aren't they the same give or take?)
I did however get the Wedge Antilles helmet which is nice. :thumbsup:
Hoping to get the Blackhole mini somehow, as I missed the boat. :cry:

Jayspawn
07-22-2007, 10:19 PM
You never know Blue2th.

sergiurusu
07-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Hoping to get the Blackhole mini somehow, as I missed the boat. :cry:

There are a few Blackhole stormtrooper scaled-helmets (http://www.toy-palace.com/product_info.php?info=p1642_MR-Shadow-Trooper-Helmet-Scaled-Helmet---CE-Excl-.html) left at Toy Palace, but they sell fast

Blue2th
07-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Thanks sergiurusu. Though at the exchange rate to U.S. dollars I think I will wait a little while longer and see if the "wait list" works. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-02-2007, 05:03 PM
These looked better in person than I expected, the lenses were very shiny like chrome and I had to admit that I thought twice about the scaled one. Ultimately, my wallet and my display space back at home won out, but I have to give MR props (it's a pun, get it?!?) with these 2 helmets, they're quite impressive in person.

sergiurusu
08-06-2007, 04:10 AM
How big are these? My package with the MR scaled BHS helmet should arrive this week and I'm curious about size...

JediTricks
08-06-2007, 04:18 PM
.45 scale, about 6" tall. They have a good size to them, Riddell did a great job on the original design.

sergiurusu
08-07-2007, 05:09 AM
They are pretty large. Cool, thanks JT

sergiurusu
08-11-2007, 06:39 AM
My BHS helmet arrived these days as well, I took pics only yesterday due to some family problems. More pictures you can find HERE (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Master%20Replicas%20and%20Props/) (larger size and more detailed)

sergiurusu
08-12-2007, 03:32 AM
BTW is there anyone who knows what kind of cases could be used to display these helmets (and Riddell ones) to protect them from dust? Thanks

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Nice pics, thanks for the look! That window box looks good except no tray insert behind the helmet to pretty it up. Why are the "ears" sticking out in the box though, am I seeing that right?

There's some companies out there that make acrylic cases sized specifically for Riddell's mini-helmet line of football helmets, it's the same scale.

sergiurusu
08-12-2007, 03:57 AM
Do you have a link for those companies?

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 04:55 AM
I can't think of one right now, it's been a while since I paid attention to the hard case crowds - they're always at Frank & Sons and there were some dealers at SDCC as well, but I just don't remember their names. They make acrylic cases for displaying figures too, usually you'll find those and the clear baseball holders altogether.

Jayspawn
08-12-2007, 10:10 AM
My local comic/sports shop sells them. I think they're about $25 a piece.

Cant wait to get mine. I'm still pretty bummed that this line is ending.

sergiurusu
08-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Thanks Jayspawn, I might contact you in the future for 3 of them if is ok with you.

K M Toydarian
08-13-2007, 03:59 AM
BTW is there anyone who knows what kind of cases could be used to display these helmets (and Riddell ones) to protect them from dust? Thanks
Noticed Michael's Craft Store this week has all their "Collectible and Display Cases" on sale 50% off. Don't know what they might have that would work, but I know they carry cases for basketballs, footballs, etc, and something might be good for a mini helmet. They might all have the wooden frame though, I don't know. I'll check it out this week.

BTW, I had to go to a sports store today and they sold Riddell mini football helmets. Made me wish they still had the Star Wars license (or at least MR.)

sergiurusu
08-13-2007, 04:24 AM
Please do you have a link?

K M Toydarian
08-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Please do you have a link?
Here's a link to Michael's Crafts site...
http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayproductlist?categoryid=94993&pageNumber=4
but it doesn't look like they sell online.
Here's a link to the ad, at least in California.
http://michaels.shoplocal.com/michaels/default.aspx?action=entry&pretailerid=-99855&siteid=237&storeid=2414974

Sorry, I didn't notice you weren't in the U.S.:sad:

sergiurusu
08-13-2007, 04:55 AM
And what would be the prices for these?

K M Toydarian
08-13-2007, 05:14 AM
Not sure, as it doesn't look like they sell online, and the ad just says 50% off. I'll probably stop by the store this week and check it out, and I'm sure it's subject to whatever stock each store has at the moment.

sergiurusu
08-13-2007, 05:20 AM
Thanks, I'm curious about the prices because I heard some display cases are very expensive. And to get a case that is more expensive than the product it's suppose to protect from dust, is not right...

K M Toydarian
08-13-2007, 06:00 PM
Went to Michael's today. The sport's ball cases are 40.00 and the football helmet case is 59.99. Even half off for 25, it is still too much for something not custom designed for the job. You can probably get an all acrylic case for the same.

sergiurusu
08-14-2007, 01:38 AM
You can probably get an all acrylic case for the same.

Thanks for looking!! I agree, they are a bit expensive.

JediTricks
08-15-2007, 03:46 AM
The acrylic cases I've seen are thinner material but so what, and they go for like $15 to $20 last I noticed.

sergiurusu
08-15-2007, 05:31 AM
The acrylic cases I've seen are thinner material but so what, and they go for like $15 to $20 last I noticed.

Good point, we don't collect acrylic cases, they are supposed to protect the items we collect from dust.

sergiurusu
09-07-2007, 01:56 PM
I just got Riddell Darth Vader scaled helmet with Dave Prowse autograph in a cool trade and will join my MR Shadow Stormtrooper scaled helmet on the shelf (soon the MR Stormie helmet will come there as well). Too bad MR didn't make it. More pics HERE (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v226/sergiurusu/Star%20Wars%20Master%20Replicas%20and%20Props/?start=80)

Jayspawn
09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Sweet pics! I havnt picked up the Vader scaled helmet yet. Going to since MR isnt making one. It'll look great woth the other MRs though. I also recomend getting the C-3PO scaled helmet. MR isnt making that one either and its actually pretty sweet!

The Scaled BHS helmet should be shipping soon too.

Another rumor is that MR may do some "other" pilot helmets before years end ie: Biggs, Wedge. I hope thats true.

sergiurusu
09-08-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm mostly interested in OT/EU Imperials so no rebel pilots or Clone for me. But if they make the TIE Pilot I'll get it for sure! I might get the C-3PO Riddell helmet too, since it is pretty cheap and comes with cool light up eyes feature. But now I don't have a display place for C-3PO because on the shelf where the scaled helmets stay is place only for 3 (and MR stormie will come soon)

Jayspawn
12-16-2007, 10:24 AM
My order w/ MR got upgraded to "Payment Pending"

MR is supposed to start shipping the Standard Stormtrooper and Shadow in the next week or so. Probably wont arrive for Christmas but I'm inpartial. Should be exciting though!