PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Comic 2-Packs!

Battle Droid
06-20-2007, 12:49 PM
From, http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Rumors_Hasbro_Spy_Report_Part_1_106892.asp

Over in the Comic Packs, we learned that they'll continue into 2008 with new characters from both the Marvel and Dark Horse comic books. Seems that EVERYONE loves the Star Wars: Legacy series (not just at Hasbro either), and we'll see more than one set based on that series. While we can't name names, we'll give a tiny hint: one set will include 2 similar characters, one of which we've seen before...in a matter of speaking.

Another really popular comic is the Star Wars: Purge one-shot, which has already provided inspiration for Commander Bow and a 2-pack of Bultar Swan & Koffi Arana...but there's at least one more set in the works, and this one includes Tsui Choi...no info on which character (or characters, since he is tiny!) he'll come packaged with.

Our final spy report (for tonight, anyway....more on that in a moment) is another Comic Pack, this time originating from the Star Wars: Empire series. It's Luke's childhood friend Tank, who is now a full-fledged Imperial Lieutenant! The character he comes packed with is also interesting, but we'll save that little tidbit for next time.

bigbarada
06-20-2007, 03:56 PM
From, http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/C4_Rumors_Hasbro_Spy_Report_Part_1_106892.asp

Over in the Comic Packs, we learned that they'll continue into 2008 with new characters from both the Marvel and Dark Horse comic books. Seems that EVERYONE loves the Star Wars: Legacy series (not just at Hasbro either), and we'll see more than one set based on that series. While we can't name names, we'll give a tiny hint: one set will include 2 similar characters, one of which we've seen before...in a matter of speaking.

Another really popular comic is the Star Wars: Purge one-shot, which has already provided inspiration for Commander Bow and a 2-pack of Bultar Swan & Koffi Arana...but there's at least one more set in the works, and this one includes Tsui Choi...no info on which character (or characters, since he is tiny!) he'll come packaged with.

Our final spy report (for tonight, anyway....more on that in a moment) is another Comic Pack, this time originating from the Star Wars: Empire series. It's Luke's childhood friend Tank, who is now a full-fledged Imperial Lieutenant! The character he comes packed with is also interesting, but we'll save that little tidbit for next time.

I'm sorry, I scanned that article and after reading about a Lumat & Female Ewok with Wokling 2-pack, a rereleased B-Wing with human pilot, and possible AT-TE, all thoughts of comic 2-packs just flew from my mind.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-20-2007, 06:43 PM
So now it's Graak in the two-pack? What the hell ever, Lumat and Graak look exactly alike. They're probably just going to reissue it and call it something different.

In today's Q&A they said they won't be doing any more Purge figures, so one of these things is wrong.

pegger
06-20-2007, 07:34 PM
I'm sorry, I scanned that article and after reading about a Lumat & Female Ewok with Wokling 2-pack, a rereleased B-Wing with human pilot, and possible AT-TE, all thoughts of comic 2-packs just flew from my mind.

Yeah - I read AT-TE...and the rest was a blurr too...

Battle Droid
06-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Curto said in the forums he just included the Purge part because that's where he remebered Tsui Choi from, so it's him from another of his comic appearances.

Tycho
06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
This news is wonderful!

Tsui Choi also appeared in Jedi Council: Acts of War - a prequel to The Phantom Menace in the comics.

The war-like Yinchorri (yup - the same from the Crimson Guard training grounds on Yinchorr in Crimson Empire where Kir Kanos got his scar 25 years or more later) were too primative to be controlled by Jedi mindtricks. Darth Sidious (then still SENATOR Palpatine) hatched a plan to use the Jedi to wipe them out.

He saw to it that advanced ships and technology fell into the hands of the Yinchorri and bribed them with it to attack the Jedi Temple in retribution for the Jedi containing their piracy. 3 Jedi teams were dispatched in Republic cruisers to control the situation as combat escalated:

Mace Windu
SaeSee Tiin
Qui-Gon Jinn
Obi-Wan Kenobi (apprentice)

Micah Giett (killed in action - Ki Adi Mundi gained his council seat)
Plo Koon
Lilit TwoSeas (blonde female human Jedi Master killed in action)
K'Kruhk (apprenticed to TwoSeas at this time)

Adi Gallia
Eeth Koth
Tsui Choi
an apprentice the same species as Graxxol in "Watto's Box Seats" - killed in action

Vilmahr "Villie" Grahrk served as an intermediary between the Yinchorri and Darth Sidious and Darth Maul at this time - never meeting them in person, but being paid a bounty hunter's fee for setting everything up. Villie wound up captured by Adi Gallia and he sold out his cousin, another Devaronian, to Mace Windu. Somehow Villie got out of it.

I'm sure an issue of Jedi Council: Acts of War could be included with a Tsui Choi figure in a 2-pack. The other figure might be his apprentice that was killed because it presents Hasbro an opportunity to reuse that giant mold of a figure from Watto's Box Seats. K'Kruhk would also be interesting and possible, since they have a Whipid mold already - but his braids might require a new headsculpt and his hands remolding so he can hold a lightsaber. K'Kruhk survived the Clone Wars and was not killed during the execution of Order 66. Whipids live an extraordinary long life like Wookiees it's been learned, and K'Kruhk is alive and featured in the current Legacy comic series - which does beg the question of where was he during Luke Skywalker's restoration of the Jedi Order?

Lillit TwoSeas and Micah Giett would both be more boring choices as they are each humans, but Hasbro has plenty of human Jedi body sculpts lying around.

A final option would be a Yinchorri Warrior. These guys are kind of like fat-nosed Velociraptors. I was once considering a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle enemy figure to stand in for the Yinchorri, but the idea didn't appeal to me that much. In the comic there are armies of these guys almost as thick as the Yuuzhan Vong attacks in later stories set in Star Wars' future. It would be better for those of us looking at making dioramas to single-card any Yinchorri figure - but it would nevertheless be an all-new mold.

People might buy multiples of this pack to use Tsui Choi figures in the podrace audience as the species was seen there during Episode One as well. Removeable Jedi garb would then be a plus.

I just put a lot of thought into this. Please submit my nomination to the professional procrastinators' wasted time awards. I want to win my naptime break. :rolleyes:

figrin bran
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
I really hope to see a K'Kruhk in the comic packs line especially as he was an abandoned custom figure project of mine.

Jargo
06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
so 'if' these reports have any truth it would mean we get:

Luke as Lt. Jundland and Lt. Deena Shann.

A corresponding pack with Janek 'Tank' Sunber and possibly Jorin Sol or maybe just a trooper..? maybe Lt. Clynn who Tank has a mini conflict with over the abuse of a female prisoner.

Then there's Mouse (Duros) and Able (human) in stormtrooper disguise.

A nifty way to increase the quota of imperials and as Deena Shann uses the same scupt as Juno Eclipse from the force unleashed assortment it's fair to assume that the male imperials will also share a sculpt.
I'll like this theme if it pans out. Can always do with more Imperial officers.

Tycho
06-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Can always do with more Imperial officers.

How about Admiral / Grand Admiral Palleon then? (short, mustached, reminiscient of Admiral Ozzel if anyone)

What about Ysanne Isard for an important Imperial female? She's the head of the whole Imperial Intelligence Agency.

Jargo
06-21-2007, 06:07 PM
But they don't fit into the story frame hasbro seems to be using. I.E. the planet Jabiim battle prisoners rescue on Kalist VI (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kalist_VI)

thing is the spy report said the pack in with Tank was 'interesting' now that to me sounded like a deliberate understatement. which is what drew me towards Lt. Clynn. Seeing as he's a dodgey character.

if you mean in a general sense then yeah there's loads of Imperials that could be shoved in comic packs but probably won't because I'm betting the comic packs won't last beyond 2008. If I was making the decision on choices for comic packs I'd probably do Thrawn.yes he's been done before but the figure was severely lacking and really short. I repainted mine giving him a grey uniform and and more human fleshtone. He looks really dumb alongside the recent Imperial officers. Kinda like Admiral Ozzel does.

Mostly I'd just keep adding Imperial officers into the basic figure mix though. There's still loads of movie characters I'd do before going too far into the EU for them.

Phantom-like Menace
06-22-2007, 12:45 AM
I've already gone on record saying that I'd get one, maybe even multiples of Willrow Hood. He's just a great nondescript character and wouldn't be out of place in any diorama.

I'm not surprised we're hearing early rumblings of the AT-TE. I can't buy the standard lament that Hasbro is explicitely against making some of our desired items. And if we're supposed to start saving now, hopefully it won't be jammed unceremoniously into a twenty dollar price point like Infiltrator. I'm just hoping if it is a higher priced vehicle all of us who have been asking for it will out our money where our mouths are and actually buy it.

Battle Droid
06-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Marvel Mosep aka Jabba & Han Solo Comic 2-Pack!

http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/ForceCast_June_22_2007_106935.asp

bigbarada
06-23-2007, 09:43 AM
I've already gone on record saying that I'd get one, maybe even multiples of Willrow Hood. He's just a great nondescript character and wouldn't be out of place in any diorama.

I'm not surprised we're hearing early rumblings of the AT-TE. I can't buy the standard lament that Hasbro is explicitely against making some of our desired items. And if we're supposed to start saving now, hopefully it won't be jammed unceremoniously into a twenty dollar price point like Infiltrator. I'm just hoping if it is a higher priced vehicle all of us who have been asking for it will out our money where our mouths are and actually buy it.

If Hasbro makes the AT-TE then I hope it's a $90-100 toy, I think anything less will compromise the look of the vehicle too much.

bigbarada
06-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Marvel Mosep aka Jabba & Han Solo Comic 2-Pack!

http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/ForceCast_June_22_2007_106935.asp

Exactly what are you linking to?

Battle Droid
06-23-2007, 12:43 PM
You have to listen to the Force Cast for the toy news. :p

DarkArtist
06-23-2007, 12:51 PM
I'd love to Hasbro tackle some more of the Marvel series of Comics and give us perhaps Fenn Shysa and also a Sarlacc Damaged Boba Fett, also a Jodo Kast would rock. Maybe some more Crimsion Empire packs with Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos in training gear, Mirth Sinn and Sadeet, Nom Anor and Kenix Kel.

would also like to see Hasbro tackle both the Marvel adaptions of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

as far as an AT-TE goes, bring it Hasbro just make it right with no stupid gimmicks, in scale (unlike the Inflitrator) and just plan cool, also don't kill us on the pricetag.

Jargo
06-24-2007, 05:28 AM
Could they not have found a better way to get Mosep on the pegs? I'll buy it if it happens but yeesh, another Han Solo.

Jargo
07-01-2007, 02:25 PM
was just reading the Titan books titles 'Vader's quest' and 'Chewbacca'. And thought Mala Mala would make a decent pack with Fourdee the droid that carries her and Sixbee her beetle like droid.

I picked up on her because she's alien, she's a character that could fit anywhere within your EU or Canon collection, she has cool droids and her story is interesting and tragic.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mala_Mala

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fordee

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Beesix

evenflow
07-01-2007, 05:23 PM
So now it's Graak in the two-pack? What the hell ever, Lumat and Graak look exactly alike. They're probably just going to reissue it and call it something different.

I am not sure where you are coming from, Graak looks nothing like the vintage Lumat figure.

jedi master sal
07-02-2007, 12:07 PM
I'd love to Hasbro tackle some more of the Marvel series of Comics and give us perhaps Fenn Shysa and also a Sarlacc Damaged Boba Fett, also a Jodo Kast would rock. Maybe some more Crimsion Empire packs with Carnor Jax and Kir Kanos in training gear, Mirth Sinn and Sadeet, Nom Anor and Kenix Kel.

would also like to see Hasbro tackle both the Marvel adaptions of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.

as far as an AT-TE goes, bring it Hasbro just make it right with no stupid gimmicks, in scale (unlike the Inflitrator) and just plan cool, also don't kill us on the pricetag.

This is the real trick for Hasbro (though it shouldn't be).

To break this down for them:
Four of the legs are the same (or could be)-the front and back pair of legs. So that's one set of molds. The middle pair is the same so another set. Thus needing only two sets for 6 legs. The ball turrent guns CAN be the same so that saves molds there.

While we'd like for the AT-TE to open p and hold troopers, it really doesn't have to so they can sacrifice that to make the scale correct.
Now again as to the scale, I say it should be no less than the length of the AT-AT toy. half as high and a little bit wider. But really on the wider parts that's really the legs, so the body doesn't have to be too much wider than the AT-AT already is.

Were Hasbro to make it so we can put troops inside the I propose making it so it would fit two in the cockpit, two for the front body section, two for the rear section and one on the dorsal mounted canon. Finally a place to put all those gunners.

NO ELECTRONICS. Really it's not needed. No sounds, no lights. Just the toy thanks.

Sicne the AT-AT sells for $100 at TRU then the AT-TE should nto be near as much. Granted it's an all new mold, but it's WAY smaller than the Queen's ship and that originally sold for $100. I really think this could and should be a $60-80 pricepoint.

It's big yes, but not so big. Hasbro does NOT need to package this preassembled. Having the legs bunched together in a bundle along the side of the body will dramatically cut down the size of the box.

No window BS on the box either.

Dang I really wish Hasbor would take heed of these postings.

It CAN be done Hasbro and we've been wanting this vehicle more than any other since we first saw it more than 5 years ago.

You promised if it was in ROTS we'd get it. Same promise was made for the first cartoons. Please make good on those promises now and manufacture the AT-TE. You won't regret it and we will be extremely grateful to have it.

Oh and one last thing, PLEASE do not make it an exclusive!!! (If it has to be then I'm hoping it will go to Target because as we all know Target at least will liquidate their exclusives should these not move as quickly as we all anticipate they will.

-Sal

Sinscia Fat'o
07-02-2007, 03:54 PM
WOW, LEgacy figures in 08!? While im not big on the series i do think the characters look cool, and would make great additions to any collection. While Im not big on Any Vechiles, I am happy about Willrow, Bespin can now be completed. I can only hope they continue this comic based line passed 2008, and if they do manage to cancel at least put the figures in the regular line...

DarthBrandon
07-02-2007, 03:55 PM
This is the real trick for Hasbro (though it shouldn't be).

To break this down for them:
Four of the legs are the same (or could be)-the front and back pair of legs. So that's one set of molds. The middle pair is the same so another set. Thus needing only two sets for 6 legs. The ball turrent guns CAN be the same so that saves molds there.

While we'd like for the AT-TE to open p and hold troopers, it really doesn't have to so they can sacrifice that to make the scale correct.
Now again as to the scale, I say it should be no less than the length of the AT-AT toy. half as high and a little bit wider. But really on the wider parts that's really the legs, so the body doesn't have to be too much wider than the AT-AT already is.

Were Hasbro to make it so we can put troops inside the I propose making it so it would fit two in the cockpit, two for the front body section, two for the rear section and one on the dorsal mounted canon. Finally a place to put all those gunners.

NO ELECTRONICS. Really it's not needed. No sounds, no lights. Just the toy thanks.

Sicne the AT-AT sells for $100 at TRU then the AT-TE should nto be near as much. Granted it's an all new mold, but it's WAY smaller than the Queen's ship and that originally sold for $100. I really think this could and should be a $60-80 pricepoint.

It's big yes, but not so big. Hasbro does NOT need to package this preassembled. Having the legs bunched together in a bundle along the side of the body will dramatically cut down the size of the box.

No window BS on the box either.

Dang I really wish Hasbor would take heed of these postings.

It CAN be done Hasbro and we've been wanting this vehicle more than any other since we first saw it more than 5 years ago.

You promised if it was in ROTS we'd get it. Same promise was made for the first cartoons. Please make good on those promises now and manufacture the AT-TE. You won't regret it and we will be extremely grateful to have it.

Oh and one last thing, PLEASE do not make it an exclusive!!! (If it has to be then I'm hoping it will go to Target because as we all know Target at least will liquidate their exclusives should these not move as quickly as we all anticipate they will.

-Sal

I agree with everything said here, except if it's an exclusive; it needs to end up where everyone can get it. (I.E. TRU) That includes Canadians, Brit's etc.

El Chuxter
07-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, everyone knows I've made my point on Legacy many times. Needless to say, I'll be passing on those turds. Well, unless I decide to do the world a favor by buying them all and burning them.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, everyone knows I've made my point on Legacy many times. Needless to say, I'll be passing on those turds. Well, unless I decide to do the world a favor by buying them all and burning them.

Well before you burn them all, could you please allow me to get the twliek sith chick and Darth Krayt? They look cool and would make a great addition to my collection. And while your at it some of those nifty Jedis in the gray would be nice as well, and cant forget Cade. I guess im looking foward to this line because there's only so many Landos, Vader, Lukes one can truly own...Personally i only collect SA versions of the movie characters and EU, like other people i have my flavor...as do you. So you should be happy that some of us are finally getting figures from the EU that we actually want. Not to be rude or anything...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I am not sure where you are coming from, Graak looks nothing like the vintage Lumat figure.
The name "Lumat" was retconned into belonging to a different Ewok. Graak and New Lumat both have similar coloring, but the only difference I can tell is that Lumat has a longer moustache.

bigbarada
07-07-2007, 10:41 AM
The name "Lumat" was retconned into belonging to a different Ewok.

That's only because those lazy morons who write the EU "canon" don't bother to do their research.:mad:

Tycho
07-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Why are you posting about the Ewoks in the Comic 2-pack line?

They might or might not be carded together, but I was under the impression they'd be issued in the TAC line as they are movie figures.

Next, I was under the impression that the ONLY vintage re-do this figure covers is Romba.

Lumat and Warok might be made later, but Graak is an all-new-never-made-before Ewok, like Keolkeech and the Mother w. Wokling would be. That tells me that Hasbro will have at least 9 Ewok characters (versus the original vintage 8) and possibly then-some.

Graak does not supplant Lumat or Warok. They're just going to be made later.

If "Fuzzball" is also made, it won't affect Lumat and Warok being on the "to-do list."

Paploo still needs an update and perhaps Wicket needs a "scale-down."

Logray, Chirpa, Teebo are perfect.

Jargo
07-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Logray perfect? he's horrible looking! under detailed and his paint apps don't match the recent ewoks. Logray needs updating same as Wicket. more articulation and much more detail. And in doing Logray they could give him that 'oracle' lizard as an accessory.

but yes, enough of Ewoks!

Sinscia Fat'o
07-07-2007, 05:16 PM
the problem with ewoks is that as a consumer i dont feel as if im getting enough bang for my buck. One scaled down figure for regular price...when done in two packs it makes me feel better. though they need to stay away from the comic line...

Tycho
07-07-2007, 05:39 PM
though they need to stay away from the comic line...

Why is anyone mentioning the Ewoks and the Comic line in the same breath? Did I miss something?

Sinscia Fat'o
07-07-2007, 06:20 PM
i was confused about that as well, but when reading the posts that the ewoks where coming to the comic line...though i hope their not. (fingers crossed there not)

Tycho
07-07-2007, 07:13 PM
i was confused about that as well, but when reading the posts that the ewoks where coming to the comic line...though i hope their not. (fingers crossed there not)

Why would they be coming in the comic line?

There were Ewok comics way back when, but even I who like a lot of EU ignored that - it just wasn't my cup of blue milk.

The Ewoks in those comics were cartoony if I recall - like the animated Ewok cartoon show, which sort of annoyed me as well (though Logray was cool).

The comic line takes mostly modern Dark Horse titles that they can stir up interest in to sell folks the whole TPB on (think: why else would Dark Horse come on board without any benefit to them for doing so? Partnerships in for-profit companies are about sales, not fandom). So the Ewok stuff, put out by I don't even know who (Marvel or Dark Horse, way back when, and presumably out of print) would not be a choice for comic 2-packs.

If you were collecting in 1998, the first Ewoks were issued in a 2-pack in the basic collection: Wicket and Logray. This followed on the heels of the Jawa 2-pack in 1997 and preceeded the Ugnaught 2-pack, also in 1998. (You might not have been collecting then. IDK.)

The Ewoks have been small, (they're supposed to be), but the tooling costs the same as any other figure - especially as they got more and more articulated with 2002's Teebo and 2006's Chief Chirpa (is it really 4 years between Ewoks until now?)

So I'd say that complaints about size on the card is just hot air, because they have head articulation, wrist articulation, waist articulation (I think) and more now. Casting the steel molds for these things costs the same no matter how small the parts are. So the "it's small so I don't feel like I'm getting full value for $7" is an unfounded complaint. Reverse that and say that Herme Odle should cost $15 because he's presumably so large. You wouldn't, (to anyone) would you? It's just whining.

Anyway, I still think that the Ewoks are way off topic for the Comic 2-pack thread and I'm only posting about them to correct the error.

This thread should be about Soontir Fel and Derek Klivian, etc.

El Chuxter
07-07-2007, 08:01 PM
I hadn't thought of it, but including an old Marvel Ewoks comic would be a good way to get a damned Princess Kneesa figure. We totally need Wicket's main squeeze.

bigbarada
07-07-2007, 08:23 PM
So I'd say that complaints about size on the card is just hot air, because they have head articulation, wrist articulation, waist articulation (I think) and more now. Casting the steel molds for these things costs the same no matter how small the parts are. So the "it's small so I don't feel like I'm getting full value for $7" is an unfounded complaint. Reverse that and say that Herme Odle should cost $15 because he's presumably so large. You wouldn't, (to anyone) would you? It's just whining.

That's actually a really good point, nobody complained when Hasbro sold Ephant Mon for $5 when Amanaman came out just one year earlier for $10.

And look at FX-7, 39 points of articulation for only $6 back in 2002.

This pricing policy has been in place since 1978, the Jawa always cost the same as Chewbacca. Wicket always cost the same as Amanaman. But people complain about it like it's some new scheme concocted by Hasbro to milk money out of the fans.

Kidhuman
07-07-2007, 08:55 PM
The point is we were getting 2 Ewoks for the price of one figure and then all of a sudden it dropped to one figure for the same price. Thats what the complaint is about.

Tycho
07-07-2007, 10:49 PM
The 1998 Ewoks were a nice treat, with all their articulation compared to the vintage 1983-85 Ewoks, but that's all they were: a treat.

In the 1980's we didn't even get 2 to a card.

And by comparison, the 1997 Jawas and the 1998 Ugnaughts were not nearly so articulated.

Then in 2002, Teebo had more going for him and last year, Chirpa blew everyone away with his detail and articulation.

In general (until this year's Phil Collins with Moisture Vaporator and Bill Cosby with Cancer figures) Hasbro had made continuous strides forward in improving the sculpts, paint apps, and the overall general likenesses. The Ewok improvements can be counted amongst those.

bigbarada
07-08-2007, 12:33 AM
The point is we were getting 2 Ewoks for the price of one figure and then all of a sudden it dropped to one figure for the same price. Thats what the complaint is about.

Hasbro already explained that. Since Threepio with Throne was so expensive to develop and produce, they couldn't afford to add anything with Chief Chirpa. Remember the Watto figure that got released alongside Ephant Mon? It was the same scenario.

If they were all made to the same level of quality of Chief Chirpa, I'd happily pay $7-10 each for every new Ewok.

I am glad to see that the Ewok 2-pack we are getting seems to have some really top notch sculpting and articulation on the figures; but I realize that it can't always be that way.

Darth Cruel
07-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Hasbro already explained that. Since Threepio with Throne was so expensive to develop and produce, they couldn't afford to add anything with Chief Chirpa. Remember the Watto figure that got released alongside Ephant Mon? It was the same scenario.

If they were all made to the same level of quality of Chief Chirpa, I'd happily pay $7-10 each for every new Ewok.

I am glad to see that the Ewok 2-pack we are getting seems to have some really top notch sculpting and articulation on the figures; but I realize that it can't always be that way.

I totally remember Hasbro saying they did that with Chirpa to "balance" costs for that wave. And I really have no problem with them doing that. I feel that enough of the figures are worth the money. Especially when over half of that wave were available at clearance. That really "balanced" the value for me. So it was win-win for Hasbro and me on that wave.:D

Sinscia Fat'o
07-08-2007, 01:29 PM

Exactly my point as well. I dont collect much of the endor stuff with the exception of scout troopers, so ewoks are really just another dead figure for me. I don't think hasbro is forming some sort of conspiracy, at least not much as any other company in the world. I do understand the molds for cutting these figures cost as much as small or large... I just wish that when they pack smaller figures they give you some added value such as the jawa with lin droid perfect example of adding value to figures. In the case of ewoks, if they have to use them to cut costs of the line such as the threepio and throne, thats also fine, but they shouldn't be surprised when that lone ewok is a peg warmer...which was the case for the saga ewok that was packed alone (Forgot his name)

When Kenner introduced ewoks in their ROTJ line how much as a basic figure? Like 1.99-2.99 in price (Long time ago i forgot the retail), how much are figures now? I pay 6.06 per figure at walmart before tax of course...Thats almost double the price...And i know thats economics, and the way of modern culture, but when your a kid it's easy to sucker some change away from your parents to get a 1.99 figure or even three bucks for one...no big deal. Since back then star wars was known for being a cheap line, it's one of the important factors that got the action figure line by kenner so over with the fans.

For ewoks to be a value to me to collect hasbro woulod have to give me two ewoks, extra accesorys like guns, helmets, back packs stands ETC...i was just used to the smaller figures being packed together such as the jawa and upnaughts...

bigbarada
07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
they shouldn't be surprised when that lone ewok is a peg warmer...which was the case for the saga ewok that was packed alone (Forgot his name)

Chief Chirpa was anything but a pegwarmer, I moved to a different state while his wave was shipping and between the two states (New Mexico and Illinois and every state in between), I saw no more than 4 of them on the pegs the entire time. However, that Threepio just rotted on the pegs.

Jargo
07-08-2007, 08:15 PM
yeah, so comic packs...........

Sinscia Fat'o
07-09-2007, 10:03 AM
Chief Chirpa was anything but a pegwarmer, I moved to a different state while his wave was shipping and between the two states (New Mexico and Illinois and every state in between), I saw no more than 4 of them on the pegs the entire time. However, that Threepio just rotted on the pegs.

up until about a month ago you could still walk into any of the wal marts in the area, or into a kay bee toys and get chirpa. I think the wal mart i work for still has two of them inside the wal mrt exclusive two packs on the shelf... Ewoks have never moved around here.

bigbarada
07-09-2007, 11:05 AM
up until about a month ago you could still walk into any of the wal marts in the area, or into a kay bee toys and get chirpa. I think the wal mart i work for still has two of them inside the wal mrt exclusive two packs on the shelf... Ewoks have never moved around here.

I wish they would have pegwarmed here, I wanted to pick up a couple more.

Anyways,.... yes,.... comic 2-packs......

Sooooo, from the recent hi-res images on Rebelscum, can I assume that Hasbro has no intention of finishing up the 6-issue Star Wars comic adaption?:mad: Why make 4 of the 6 and then stop?

I was also kind of hoping that we'd see something similar for ESB and ROTJ. They wouldn't need to do the silly color schemes, but it would be a cool way to repackage some of the vintage style figures with high quality reprints of their respective comic book issues.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
I wish they would have pegwarmed here, I wanted to pick up a couple more.

Anyways,.... yes,.... comic 2-packs......

Sooooo, from the recent hi-res images on Rebelscum, can I assume that Hasbro has no intention of finishing up the 6-issue Star Wars comic adaption?:mad: Why make 4 of the 6 and then stop?

I was also kind of hoping that we'd see something similar for ESB and ROTJ. They wouldn't need to do the silly color schemes, but it would be a cool way to repackage some of the vintage style figures with high quality reprints of their respective comic book issues.

Are the figures in the comic packs, the marvel look alike ones decent figures? I was a little leary of them since i couldn't tell if they were articulated. I wish they would do the vintage design with the ROTJ and ESB comic adapations that would be real nice!

El Chuxter
07-09-2007, 02:32 PM
They're nice figures, only colored goofily. I would've bought a couple had they gone on clearance. Strangely, though, people bought them for full price. :confused:

evenflow
07-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I am not feeling the re-release of Kir and Carnor, they should change the set somehow for those who paid 20.00

Sinscia Fat'o
07-11-2007, 01:46 PM
I am not feeling the re-release of Kir and Carnor, they should change the set somehow for those who paid 20.00

Thats sad they're bringing back kir and jax...the change will be another comic more than likely...or something so slight it wont matter.

Tycho
07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
They should have done Mirith Syn and the Rebel Alliance Trandoshan character from that same series - or Kir as the bounty hunter Kenix Kil - or however you spell it.

Else they could have done Kir and Carnor in their training gear from Yinchorr.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-12-2007, 01:40 PM
They should have done Mirith Syn and the Rebel Alliance Trandoshan character from that same series - or Kir as the bounty hunter Kenix Kil - or however you spell it.

Else they could have done Kir and Carnor in their training gear from Yinchorr.

Kir as Kenix would be cool, and repack jax, though as cool as Syn would be gotta be down to earth about it... Though i'm looking foward and dreading at the same time what they might do with this.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Is anyone else bothered by how they're naming the comics on the packaging now? They're all just listed as "Star Wars" and then a number. Thank you, we know it's Star Wars. Just write the name of the subline (like Republic, Heir to the Empire, and Infinities, as they should have been on the new wave).

Tycho
07-12-2007, 02:55 PM
They should name the subline (Republic, Infinities, whatever) as one of the whole points of this partnership with Dark Horse (or Marvel) is to attract people to buying the whole story - now mostly available in Trade Paperbacks that collect the 4 or 6 book series.

It's great we're getting The Dark Woman with a Hunt for Aurra Sing book, but man would people be all over buying "Outlander" (Republic 7-12) with A'Sharad if they knew how cool it was!

Sinscia Fat'o
07-12-2007, 03:13 PM
They should name the subline (Republic, Infinities, whatever) as one of the whole points of this partnership with Dark Horse (or Marvel) is to attract people to buying the whole story - now mostly available in Trade Paperbacks that collect the 4 or 6 book series.

It's great we're getting The Dark Woman with a Hunt for Aurra Sing book, but man would people be all over buying "Outlander" (Republic 7-12) with A'Sharad if they knew how cool it was!

gotta agree outlander was a great story line. Though search for aura is reconizeable because they have already made aura figures so its inside marketing, im just glad we're getting Hett and dark woman finally.

Kidhuman
07-26-2007, 02:06 AM
Pics of the new sets:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24272&cat=5361

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24273&cat=5361

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24275&cat=5361

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Carded shots of wave 3 have been released for a few weeks now, but now we've also seen wave 4. Luke's face is fugly but I like these sets overall (especially the Republic Commando and a SBD with the holes filled in - is that one of IG-88's detonators on his base?).

Battle Droid
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I like the Neimoidian Mouse in stormtrooper disguise.:D

Jargo
07-26-2007, 02:13 PM
*blows big raspberry* THRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP!!!!!

these sets are pants. but i want that Neimoidian's head.

Imperial disguise Luke with that textured uniform that doesn't even match the uniform of the other figure in the set. his knock kneed stance compared to her butch lesbian stance. the ill fitting caps. ugly face sculpts. poor. very poor

Mouse and Able look better than the clone headed removable helmet stormtrooper. why is that? and what is that band around Able's head. makes him look like Balok from star trek TOS. Thought Able had hair anyway?

Have to say I think hasbro has an amateur sculptor working for them. whoever it is you can recognise the parts he worked on and they suck. improper scale, looks like some fat fingered clod with myopia did the work. it's annoying me more and more.

Phantom-like Menace
07-26-2007, 03:40 PM
The all white RC has me salivating. What is that sticking out of "Kofi Annan's" chest? And where did Neimodian stormtrooper come from?

Battle Droid
07-26-2007, 04:38 PM
Mouse and Able look better than the clone headed removable helmet stormtrooper. why is that? and what is that band around Able's head. makes him look like Balok from star trek TOS. Thought Able had hair anyway?

That's Basso not Able.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Basso

What is that sticking out of "Kofi Annan's" chest?

Vader's arm holding a cortosis blade.

And where did Neimodian stormtrooper come from?

Star Wars Empire: The Wrong Side of the War comic.

Jargo
07-26-2007, 08:23 PM
That's Basso not Able.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Basso (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Basso)

oooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo get her! The original listing over at r2dtoys.com had it listed as Mouse and Able. obviously the listing was an early one. the tattoo didn't really translate well to figure form then did it. and I still think he looks like Balok.

Phantom-like Menace
07-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Vader's arm holding a cortosis blade.

Star Wars Empire: The Wrong Side of the War comic.

Thanks and thanks.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-27-2007, 01:35 PM
I like the Neimoidian Mouse in stormtrooper disguise.:D
He's a Duros, not a Neimoidian.

Jargo
07-27-2007, 01:50 PM
that's splitting hairs. he looks more neimoidian. maybe he's a halfbreed - Nuroidian or Deimousian. they're basically the same thing anyway. It'd be a lot easier to just say the ANH characters were also Neimoidians but from a distinct geographical area. or something. Neimoidians have different looks because of their high altitude living. Duros live lower down and have a different better diet so their heads seem less gaunt. plus there's more moisture in the air lower down which means Duros have better skin. Plus Duros prefer to speak their native tongue while upper level Neimoidians will speak basic to impress trade clients.

if you only watch the movies and don't bother with EU then because Duros are never named in the movies it's fair to assume they're the same species as Neimoidians who are named.

EDIT: Ha! (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/data/5416/SCC_3303_resize.JPG)

JediTricks
08-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Mouse and Able look better than the clone headed removable helmet stormtrooper. why is that? and what is that band around Able's head. makes him look like Balok from star trek TOS. When I saw that figure on preview night, I thought the same damn thing! So funny! Even the shape of the head is pretty much the same.

He's a Duros, not a Neimoidian.I was told otherwise, but I think you're right.

Tycho
08-02-2007, 06:18 PM
Niemoidians are Duros that colonized Niemoidia millenia ago.

In Star Trek, Romulans are Vulcans that colonized Romulus and conquered Remus millenia ago. Same situation. Different cultures.

Duros are explorers and travelers. Niemoidians are mercantilist empire builders.

The character of Mouse in the Empire / Rebellion comics is a Duro.

jedi master sal
08-03-2007, 12:25 PM
Niemoidians are Duros that colonized Niemoidia millenia ago.

In Star Trek, Romulans are Vulcans that colonized Romulus and conquered Remus millenia ago. Same situation. Different cultures.

Duros are explorers and travelers. Niemoidians are mercantilist empire builders.

The character of Mouse in the Empire / Rebellion comics is a Duro.

Thanks Tycho for saying this. I was about to post the very same thing but you beat me to it.

Neimoidians are the distant descendants to Duros.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Niemoidians are Duros that colonized Niemoidia millenia ago.RETCON ALERT, CONDITION 5!!!

:p

Yeah, I know, but it rings false by having the prequels do the retconning.

figrin bran
08-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I picked up the Dark Woman/A'sharad and Mara/Luke packs today and would've bought Leia/Vader had it been on the pegs.

While the sculpts are great on the 4 figures i got, there is some puzzling articulation on them as well as on the McQuarrie Kenobi. Specifically I'm referring to Hasbro's trend as of late to have ankle articulation but no knee articulation. McObi-Wan, Luke and Dark Woman all have ankle but no knee articulation which to me is pretty much pointless.

Luke also has swivel elbows when ball joints would've made it a much better figure. The holsters on Luke and Mara also look too oversized...Although the weapons do fit inside, I'm not really sure if that's an improvement over those facade holsters that Hasbro is fond of. Also, I'm not sure what Mara's blaster should look like but they made it rather oversized which only worsens the problem as the holster is all the more larger in order to accomodate it.

Kidhuman
08-06-2007, 07:38 AM
I was questioning the articulation on Luke as well FB. Kind of odd, but htis is the 2008 thread. Needs to go into anohter one.