PDA

View Full Version : Saga Legends already clogging the pegs.

Droid
06-21-2007, 10:19 AM
So every day I go to the Walmart closest to my house before work. I have NEVER seen Waves 1-3 of the 30th Anniversary Collection there. I have found figures from the first three waves at Toys R Us, Target, and other Walmarts, but not at the closest Walmart to me. So every day I think maybe I can find the figures I'm missing from the first three waves (McQuarrie Fett and Stormtrooper, another LIN droid) or maybe even get first crack at wave four.

My Walmart has virtually no figures left, maybe two or three Jerjerrods or
Threepio on the Ewok Throne.

Well this morning I show up and they are stocking. I see an unopened case with the other boxes. I open it - all Saga Legends. I go to the place where the figures are and they have unloaded about five cases of the Saga Legends. They are all the first wave of Saga Legends. So now my Walmart is clogged with Vader, Darth Maul, R2, Yoda, and Clone Troopers.

That's just great. I'll bet they just sit there forever and that particular Walmart keeps not getting the 30th Anniversary Collection.

Why didn't they ever get any 30th Anniversary? Maybe employees are giving entire cases to scalpers or buying the whole case for themselves.

I'm just glad I have other stores I can go to, but this is the only store I can hit every day.

Oh well, I'm sure Hasbro would assure me that the Legends figures won't affect the stocking of the 30th Anniversary Collection. :mad:

Ephantmon
06-21-2007, 12:14 PM
the basic and Legends have 2 different upc numbers so there should be spots for both. But highly intelligent wal-mart employees will see 30AC packaging and put them wherever. The legends haven't hit my area yet so we will have to see

JON9000
06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
The first two waves of legends have hit, and actually it looks as though they are selling fairly well. The ROTS and AOTC clones are doing well. Legends Vader is the only one that seems to be having trouble moving at this point, likely due to the 30AC Vader being so much better with its ball-joint arms. some of my stores still have Bespin Vader. I think he and Jerjerrod will be around forever.

Man, 30 AC is flying off the pegs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-21-2007, 01:12 PM
My local WM also hasn't gotten in any TAC basic figures whatsoever but continues to put out TSC stuff. It's a "normal" WM as opposed to a Supercenter, and both Supercenters near me have gotten in the TAC. I wonder if for some reason they didn't bother giving the regular WMs this UPC or something? It's gotten in the Comic Packs and vehicles but no vintage or basic figures.

I still have yet to see any Legends figures at all. The repacked figures generally sell through fairly well in my area and didn't have a pegwarming problem as they did in some areas, but I wonder how long they can keep it going.

Old Fossil
06-21-2007, 01:13 PM
The 1 case of Legends my WM got has already nearly sold through after only 4-5 days on the pegs. The Clones, Vader, Yoda, and Greivous sold quickly.

Also, the last of Wave 1 finally sold out at that WM, with the exception of a lone Lava Miner. Kenobi, R2, and Mace all eventually sold, thank goodness!:rolleyes:

Sinscia Fat'o
06-27-2007, 08:16 PM
At the wal mart i work at he have gotten wave one of the 30atc but nothing else other than the comic two packs. The legends run went to the wal mart about 20 minuntes down the road, though nothing grand out of the wave except for the clones which was tempting...damn vintage collection, though wal mart isnt known for speed when it comes to getting new products. Keep checking them though their modulers will be dropping at most wal marts within the month, thats when majority of the new stuff comes down the pike.

Mad Slanted Powers
06-27-2007, 08:27 PM
I've barely seen any Legends here yet. I was in Springfield, MO for a week and there was a lot more there, but only ROTS clones, C-3PO with battle droid head, and R2-D2.

jamesbondo07
06-28-2007, 09:50 PM
The Wal-Mart in my area has gotten a fair amount of TAC. They got about 3 cases of wave 3 and 4 cases of the legends wave. The legends sold fairly well. There are only 3 or 4 legends figures left from the legends wave. The worst suprise came Tuesday morning. I went to Wal-Mart and saw about 10 cases on the pallet of toys. I had a associate open a box and it was SAGA 2 figures. I went and looked at the other cases and all ten cases are SAGA 2. I thought they were done shipping the old line out. Needless to say that is really frustrating. :upset:

bigbarada
06-29-2007, 11:49 PM
Only Saga 2 at my Wal-Mart and it's the only store that sells Star Wars figures within 30 miles of my house.

I have yet to see any sign of TAC, Saga Legends (I consider that a good thing) or the vintage line.

I guess it's online retailers for me from now on. I don't see the point of driving 30 miles out of town just to look for Star Wars figures.

figrin bran
06-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Saga Legends seems to be flying off the shelves out here. I haven't even seen a Darth Maul yet.

jedi master sal
06-30-2007, 08:28 AM
I'll ask this in this thread as I have in many other.

If your area is clogging with AOTC clone troopers and you want to free up some space so that you might get in some new product, PLEASE consider getting them for me. I will of course pay you for them+shipping. I'm an opener so I don't need them on card and could care less about the condition of the card.

In fact I won't need the coin either so you can keep those. (They weigh to much and add to shipping.) I just want the figure and it's accessories minus the coin.

I'm willing to pay $8 each for these, so while not much, you stand to make at least a little something for your trouble and it helps in a small way to get figures off the pegs.

This is my last big year for army building and I desperately want to build up my AOTC clones. As yet I only have ONE TAC-AOTC clone.

Please PM me if you would consider this offer. This is for anyone.
Respectfully,
-Sal

Old Fossil
06-30-2007, 09:28 AM
As of today, my local WM has only 1 Saga Legends figure left from their initial shipment -- that being Threepio w/Battle Droid head.

TAC stock at that store has dwindled down to 1 Lava Miner.

The SW pegs look a bit forlorn compared to the overflowing Transformers section next door!

darko666
06-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Saga Legends seems to be flying off the shelves out here. I haven't even seen a Darth Maul yet.

thats the only figure thats giving me a hard time. figures, it's the only one i wanted out of the entire line.

figrin bran
06-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Sal, I've managed to get 5 of the AOTC clones for myself. Just 3 more will do it for me and then i'll start buying any and all that i see for you.

jedi master sal
06-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Sal, I've managed to get 5 of the AOTC clones for myself. Just 3 more will do it for me and then i'll start buying any and all that i see for you.

Thank you F_B. You know it's appreciated my friend.
-Sal

figrin bran
06-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Sal, is that just the white AOTC clones or do you need all the different colored officers in future waves as well?

DarkArtist
07-01-2007, 08:13 AM
so far the only times that I have seen the Legends wave was about two weeks ago at Walmart and the only figures left were a AOTC Clone, ROTS Clone and a Battle Droids two, of which I brought all 3. since the legends line has been MIA from the stores I been too.

BoShek
07-01-2007, 10:04 AM
My Wal Mart has no Saga Legends at all!

jedi master sal
07-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Sal, is that just the white AOTC clones or do you need all the different colored officers in future waves as well?

The only other one that I'll need from the AOTC clones is the Blue Lieutenant. I'm only looking to get 4-6 of him though. The white ones I really want to build up as this is it for me for army building.

Thanks again F_B! You've always been a help.

-Sal

evenflow
07-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Pegs are pretty much empty here in my area of NJ. Was out all moring and saw a Jawa for the first time (which i bought)

Kidhuman
07-01-2007, 06:17 PM
The closest I have come to seeing any of these is on line and they are sold out. I am only looking for some Clones.

Ephantmon
07-02-2007, 02:53 PM
I have only seen the Vader from wave 1 twice. Other than that the Legends have not showed up in Omaha, NE yet. I already got my wave 1 case and have my wave 2 case on order through dns so I am not worried about it but it would be nice to see them on the pegs at least once. especially the later waves with the Darktrooper and pit droids

Sinscia Fat'o
07-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Right now all of them i am after is the fett from the vintage line repacked so i dont have to open my actual vintage figure to have a articulated fett and i wouldn't mind the clones from AOTC but they're more along the lines if i have some actual money i'll pick them up. I wouldn't mind getting the Sandtroopers and Impireal officers when they hit the shelves...not to mention the ever illusive TC-14...And the Dark Trooper two of which i have never even actually seen in person. Now if they just repack Sio Bible my TPM collection would be complete.

jedi master sal
07-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Well on our homepage there's a link to wave 3 legends:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=951

Looks like I'll also need help with the grey commander since they listened to us and put in the extra belt so we can choose to make him a grunt. Just wish he would have been clean instead of the applied battle damage. But I'll deal.

I'll be looking to get around 40 of those grey commanders. So anyone that can help with that fig too.

So that puts me at needing:
AOTC White clone: (40+)
AOTC Blue clone: 8
Grey Coruscant Commander: 40

Plus when the SA 501st come out, I'll need 40 of them too.

I'm not too worried about the rest. Though the Pit droids may be a little hard to find (all the variants)

-Sal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2007, 06:33 PM
They packed the Clone Commander with the wrong gun. It's that of the Sandtrooper, both of whom were in the same Evolutions set. It's also interesting that the Imperial Officer has a ROTS coin, which is kind of interesting. I like the Darktrooper's gold coin, and since he's the only figure with the EU coin, I think I'll get him (even though I already have one). I hope the Clone Trooper Officers' helmets are painted correctly like they are here and don't have the stripe that abruptly ends like on the Sergeant from earlier this year.

figrin bran
07-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Well on our homepage there's a link to wave 3 legends:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=13&p2_articleid=951

Looks like I'll also need help with the grey commander since they listened to us and put in the extra belt so we can choose to make him a grunt. Just wish he would have been clean instead of the applied battle damage. But I'll deal.

I'll be looking to get around 40 of those grey commanders. So anyone that can help with that fig too.

So that puts me at needing:
AOTC White clone: (40+)
AOTC Blue clone: 8
Grey Coruscant Commander: 40

Plus when the SA 501st come out, I'll need 40 of them too.

I'm not too worried about the rest. Though the Pit droids may be a little hard to find (all the variants)

-Sal

Sal, you're in luck as I have the Grey Commander already and don't want anymore. You are out of luck with SA 501st though as that will be one of my areas of concentration as far as army building is concerned though i get the feeling that i'll only find the Tank Gunner mold 501st.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-03-2007, 11:14 AM
I went to go and check out for the clone troopers from AOTC but their wasn't any left though i finally find a Rebel honor guard, a death star trooper, and an air born trooper. Galactic marines, obis, maces, super battle droids, R2's, along with all of series one of 30AC where clogging the pegs with the exception of the mustafar miner...which there was only one of. Biggs x-wing, and academy are still illusive around here, and the legends assortments are very rare around here still. They rebel honor guard is a awesomne figure by the way for those who had reservations about picking it up.

jedi master sal
07-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Sal, you're in luck as I have the Grey Commander already and don't want anymore. You are out of luck with SA 501st though as that will be one of my areas of concentration as far as army building is concerned though i get the feeling that i'll only find the Tank Gunner mold 501st.

No problem bro. Whatever you can do. White AOTC clones, Blue Officer clones, grey ROTS commanders, pink hearts, yellow moons, orange star, green clovers and purple horsehoes....

Ok just the first three then...heh heh.

And yeah, I'm thinking the SA version of the 501st is going to be very HTF.

figrin bran
07-16-2007, 09:56 PM
Sal, AOTC clones are available on hasbrotoyshop right now!

Btw, I picked one up from Target for you the other day

jedi master sal
07-17-2007, 09:38 AM
Sal, AOTC clones are available on hasbrotoyshop right now!

Btw, I picked one up from Target for you the other day

Awe hells yeah!!! Now if I hadn't spent so much lately on GG busts, I could have got all I wanted in one shot. Thanks to several members here though I will have clones coming in over the next few weeks. I did order 10 though.

Oh and for anyone ordering on Hasbrotoyshop, use the following code: SPTIER07

This code will give you the following discount:
$10 off a $50 (up to $100 purchase)
$20 off purchases between $100 and $249
and $50 for purchases of $250 or more.

There is a limit to 10 clones per order but at that discount it comes to $70.19, which is cheaper than retail!!! (I tried to order 14 clones to get the bigger discount..hmm, dang come to think of it, I could have ordered a couple of other figures and got that bigger discount... oh well.)

-Sal

darko666
07-17-2007, 12:36 PM
i ordered the Darth Maul figure from HTS. it's not as fun as finding them in stores, but at least i don't have to waste gas driving around looking for him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm now seeing the Legends line more often, but they still seem to sell through pretty quickly. I've picked up five AOTC clones so I think I'm set for now on the first wave (and I have yet to see the second, or any variations on the Battle Droids).

Kidhuman
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
I still havent found these figures yet.

jedi master sal
07-17-2007, 03:36 PM
I still havent found these figures yet.

I just found the wave on Sunday. No AOTC clones though (of course...looks like the WM employees cherry picked those and the ROTS all white clones too-I saw them leaving the aisle with Hasbro boxes in hand, as I came up on it) and only 1 battle droid set that a kid happened to have in his hand at the time. There was one Maul, but the card was bent. I wasn't going to collect him myself, but I know people are looking for him, so I would have picked it up, had it been mint.

-Sal

figrin bran
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
I thought Maul would've been a definite pass for me as I have the original version from the Sith Speeder but once I saw the paint apps on the face, I just had to have it!

I ordered 4 Shock Troopers off of HTS last night. That'll bring me up to 8 of the SA shocks so that's enough for my purposes.