PDA

View Full Version : TAC Stormtrooper

Engineernerd
06-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Hey all,

Work got away from me this week, I meant to post it a couple days ago. Anyway, I popped open the TAC Stormtrooper blister. Click the link to see all the usual comments and pictures. A special bonus in this one, I took the Vaporator Luke head and put together a Luke Stormtrooper outfit.

http://www.tvandfilmtoys.com/reviews/stormtrooper_tac.asp

Enjoy!
Engineernerd

Kidhuman
06-23-2007, 07:39 AM
I was thinking about doing this with it, but didnt knwo how Luke would loook, but will do it after seeing your pic. Thanks.

msjedi
06-23-2007, 08:28 AM
I did the same only, I used the Luke and Han heads from the comic two packs.

bigbarada
06-23-2007, 04:08 PM
I picked up one of these guys and I'm not going to buy anymore. He's made from that overly rubbery plastic, so it makes him essentially useless since he can only stand looking like he's hunched over.

Since the helmet is removable it's not as crisp in detail as the regular VOTC helmet. Which stinks because the Stormtrooper helmet finally looks like they got the correct proportions with the rest of the body. People don't seem to realize it but those helmets always looked HUGE on the Stormtrooper bodies.

figrin bran
06-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm not a fan of the rubbery plastic on this one and it's too hard to pose it without the torso joint hole showing. If only they would've carded the Tantive battlepack Stormies!

I'm afraid the Saga Legends Biker Scouts might turn out the same way with rubbery plastic.

Kidhuman
06-23-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm not a fan of the rubbery plastic on this one and it's too hard to pose it without the torso joint hole showing. If only they would've carded the Tantive battlepack Stormies!

I'm afraid the Saga Legends Biker Scouts might turn out the same way with rubbery plastic.

I felt the same way. How could they put out some nice stormies 2 months ago and then this carp with a rubber helmet. Jangos head is horrid also.

figrin bran
06-24-2007, 01:24 AM
one of the stormies i bought today actually has a slightly stronger torso joint but that seems to be the exception rather than the norm. i've 5 of them so far and 4 are loose.

Kidhuman
06-24-2007, 07:47 AM
That joint makes them lok pudgy when they stand straight

figrin bran
06-25-2007, 12:06 AM
The helmets are way too loose on all my stormies. It gets annoying having to fidget so much with both the helmets and the torso joint to get decent looking poses.

Qui-Long Gone
06-25-2007, 05:12 PM
At first I was really excited about these Storms, but after getting one, they're a waste of $$$....

I'll spend my cash on the AOTC troopers and VTSC Snows...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I really like this one. At least, from the back, he doesn't have a giant white ball instead of a neck (as it is on the other recent stormtrooper figures). Han's head from the comic pack looks really great here (it's the same body but with normal colors, of course), but I think they should tweak it to make it slightly shorter for a Luke figure.

Old Fossil
06-30-2007, 09:55 PM
That wacky torso seems to allow this Stormie to be more easily posed firing his blaster from a lying-down position.

Engineernerd
07-01-2007, 11:56 AM
That wacky torso seems to allow this Stormie to be more easily posed firing his blaster from a lying-down position.

I'm going to have to go try that....