PDA

View Full Version : Troop Transport ~ Need Help!

Engineernerd
06-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Has anyone ever successfully repaired an Imperial Troop Transport? The contact in min has broken off, and I cant figure out what it's suppose to look like.

Any help would be appreciated.

LusiferSam
06-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I've had a lot luck of repairing most vintage vehicles. I'll tell you off the bat that the Imperial Troop Transport with the hardest to fix. When you say the "contact" has broken off, which contact are you talking about? It would also be helpful to know what you've done so far, like if you've opened it up or remove any pieces.

Engineernerd
06-23-2007, 05:22 PM
I've got the whole thing apart. There is a thin copper strip that hangs across the middle of the "record". That was broken off. I found the piece inside.

LusiferSam
06-23-2007, 07:22 PM
I've opened my open up to refresh my memory and take some pictures. Take a look at this photo (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23986&cat=500&ppuser=821).

So you're talking about the cooper strip that's by the red wire in my photo? How much is broken off 50%, 80%, 100%? Depending on where your strip is broke I've got a couple of ideas of how it might be fixed. Or if you have your own ideas and some photos from a different angle let me know.

Engineernerd
06-24-2007, 01:58 PM
I've opened my open up to refresh my memory and take some pictures. Take a look at this photo (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=23986&cat=500&ppuser=821).

That photo is exactly what I needed to see. It's broke off at the post. I think I may have stored it in the full forward position with the contact bent. That bend over time just snapped. Any chance you can tell me how long the copper strip is overall?

LusiferSam
06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
The whole strip is about 3 cm. It's pretty tight size to be measuring very accurately. The strip itself really should not be bent until the stylus arm connects with it, hence braking the circuit.