PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Ordering Waves from EE

DarkArtist
06-23-2007, 12:45 PM
I recently pre-ordered waves 4-7 from Entertainment Earth and was wondering if anyone else does this and if so how long does it take for the waves to arrive. The reason I ask this is because I am getting a little tired of the hunt for the McQuarrie figures and instead of spending more and more money on gas and tolls, I figured perhaps this might be the way to go since so far the waves at least give you one of each of the new figures along with one or two older figures that are army builders such as the Galactic Marine, Stormtrooper and Death Star Trooper.

Was also wondering in the email I recieved from EE they said Wave 4 is due in July and Wave 5 out in September, Wave 6 in October and Wave 7 in November. Does anyone know if this is accurate ?

Kidhuman
06-23-2007, 08:05 PM
According to HAsbro those dates are accuarte because the Legends line will be released over the summer. I have been thinking of doing this also because of the McQ figs but havent yet.

figrin bran
06-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I've preordered from them in the past but not nearly as often as the other LA guys on this board.

Usually you'll get your cases right about the time that the respective wave of that case starts hitting retail.

An alternative to EE might be Newforce Comics. with shipping, cases on EE come out to around 90+. Newforce won't get theres as soon as EE but you pay around 84 including shipping.

jjreason
06-24-2007, 08:58 PM
I've preordered waves 3-5 from a Canadian e-tailer - we have one that charges the same price as TRU if you buy the entire wave. Factor in cheap shipping costs, and you're ahead of game by a few dollars in my opinion (not to mention quite a bit of stress when you're not finding stuff and everyone else seems to be).

Kidhuman
06-24-2007, 09:27 PM
I preordered wave 4 fgrom them because newforce is sold out. NEwforce is cheaper and doesnt charge the card either until it ships. Unsure about wave 5 right now because I dont want the whole wave.

Ephantmon
06-25-2007, 01:47 PM
I ordered waves 4 and 5 from dnstoys.com so far everything I have gotten from them has been anywhere from a few weeks before to a week after I find them in the stores. saves me a ton of time and gas. I will order wave 6-9 form them as soon as they post them for sale. Hint hint Dave if you ever read this:thumbsup:

Luuuuuuke
06-25-2007, 04:03 PM
I've pre-ordered only two waves from EE and both arrived in a fairly timely manner. If you're from L.A. it's a good alternative becuase you can just pick them up instead of paying the extra shipping. But if the wave is kind of sucky, I don't think it's worth it. I'd rather pay a little more per figure with BBTS for wave 6 than 90 plus for EE for an entire case of a wave that I''m not that overall into.