PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a senator Jar Jar?

hairless chewie
02-07-2002, 05:45 AM
I haven't seen anything so far on this and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on this? Contrary to popular opinion, I do like the goofy Gungan and I would look forward to a Senator Jar Jar.
Meesa tinkin weesa gunna VEEEto yousa bill....G.W.B.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
02-07-2002, 07:28 AM
I do not think that he is confirmed yet. However, there was a big list of possible figures not long ago that had him in there. I'd assume he will be released at some point this year.

bigbarada
02-07-2002, 10:53 AM
I hope so, but he might be released as part of a senator multipack if anything.

Beast
02-07-2002, 11:59 AM
He's being held off from the first basic assortments of figures for being to spoilerish. Same reason that there is no Count Dooku, Anakin: Jedi Duel, or Yoda in the first assortment. He should be avaliable from what I hear in Late May/Early June, around the same time the movie opens. Along with Chancellor Palpatine and a few other figures they are keeping a tight lid on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
02-07-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
He's being held off from the first basic assortments of figures for being to spoilerish. Same reason that there is no Count Dooku, Anakin: Jedi Duel, or Yoda in the first assortment. He should be avaliable from what I hear in Late May/Early June, around the same time the movie opens. Along with Chancellor Palpatine and a few other figures they are keeping a tight lid on. :)

Exactly. I am expecting more figures to some out once the movie is released. I think HAsbro learned with Episode I not to just put out every assortment at once. It will be spread out a little more.

gibbspaulus
02-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Are you all mad?

Do we really need another Jar-Jar. I can't believe they've only just resculpted him and the only difference of note is that he has his tongue sticking out!

:p

Hopefully he'll have matured over the intervening decade. Having seen that senators get the best outfits, maybe Jar-Jar will have a groovy new look, as opposed to the grey (UK spelling) vest he's currently glues to!

General Veers
02-07-2002, 01:48 PM
I really want a Chancellor Palpatine, but I guess we have to wait.:( I'm curious to see how Jar Jar looks and how he has matured though.

Beast
02-07-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by gibbspaulus
Are you all mad?
Do we really need another Jar-Jar. I can't believe they've only just resculpted him and the only difference of note is that he has his tongue sticking out!
:p
Hopefully he'll have matured over the intervening decade. Having seen that senators get the best outfits, maybe Jar-Jar will have a groovy new look, as opposed to the grey (UK spelling) vest he's currently glues to!

No we are not mad. Jar Jar Binks, unlike the typical Jedi figure, atleast wears a vastly different outfit in E2. He's also quite matured from the clumsy teenager he was in E1, and if you take a look at some of the threads in the E2 spoilers section thats quite clear. Jar Jar now wears very nice senatorial robes, nothing like what he wore in E1. I'll attach a pic, but if someone has trailer screen caps, and can put the full body image of JJB up that would be cool.

As for the POTJ Jar Jar:Tatooine. I think thats the best E1 version of Jar Jar that has been made. The original E1 figure released in 99 was badly sculpted, posed, and had a horrible paint job. They fixed that alot with the E1 Naboo Swamp, or Swimming Jar Jar. But that one still had some minor flaws. Now, with the POTJ Jar Jar:Tatooine we finally got a definative JJB figure. Infact I bought extras and removed the tongue for dioramas, to replace the swimming Jar Jar figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

General Veers
02-07-2002, 05:08 PM
I actually wouldn't mid a Jar Jar figure that wasn't goofy looking, and looked good. I wonder, what acessories would the Senator Jar Jar have?

hairless chewie
02-07-2002, 11:08 PM
Jar Jar, do you work at Hasbro???? You are always coming up with the best insider stuff!!! Man you should start your own site!

Beast
02-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by hairless chewie
Jar Jar, do you work at Hasbro???? You are always coming up with the best insider stuff!!! Man you should start your own site!

Nope, I don't work at Hasbro. I just know where to go and archive everything. Back in the days of Tim Hall at Hasbro, I even called him on occassion. Hell, I wish I did work there, maybe I could get some of the figures I really want made done. Hint Hint if there is any Hasbro people looking for a new minion. :)

As for starting my own site, nah...no thanks. I'm follower of others, not a leader. I'd rather lurk in the backgrounds and keep my fellow fans informed. Atleast for now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-08-2002, 01:21 AM
I hope not,he is rumored to be coming but still no pictures of him,If and when he comes out he should be packed 1 per case as we dont want another EP1 crisis again!

Beast
02-08-2002, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by GNT
I hope not,he is rumored to be coming but still no pictures of him,If and when he comes out he should be packed 1 per case as we dont want another EP1 crisis again!

Nah, put two of them in the case. Atleast for the initial case assortment he appears in. I need about 3 of them, so I'll help clear the racks a little GNT. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-08-2002, 03:00 AM
Nah, put two of them in the case. Atleast for the initial case assortment he appears in. I need about 3 of them, so I'll help clear the racks a little GNT. :)

He shouldn't be packed anymore than 1 per case as
1. He'll pegwarm the shelves if his packed more than 1 per case

2.Nobody really likes him(except for you) and the more people hate him out number those that do like him.

3.I dont want to 60+ of him on the shelves and no other figures like last time!

4.If his put in 1per case he'll get more people interested in him.

Beast
02-08-2002, 03:08 AM
Originally posted by GNT
He shouldn't be packed anymore than 1 per case as
1. He'll pegwarm the shelves if his packed more than 1 per case
2.Nobody really likes him(except for you) and the more people hate him out number those that do like him.
3.I dont want to 60+ of him on the shelves and no other figures like last time!
4.If his put in 1per case he'll get more people interested in him.

1. The Jar Jar Binks: Tatooine Figure from POTJ was packed 3 per case and he's not pegwarming anywhere in massive numbers. Plus this is a totally new outfit, unlike any of the re-sculpts from E1.

2. Lots of people really like him, did you check out the Rebelscum forums and all the Jar Jar fans there. We have some here as well. With his new grown up personality, he'll win some new fans as well.

3. He wasn't as big a peg warmer as Darth Maul. The 1st Darth Maul continues to warm pegs in some stores today. If there is 60 Jar Jar's on the shelf, there is gonna be an equal number of the other figures as well.

4. There is intrest in him anyway, even from people that don't care much for the charecter. Especially since he grew up since E1. Plus as I mentioned above, he's got cool new senatorial robes.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-08-2002, 03:27 AM
1. The Jar Jar Binks: Tatooine Figure from POTJ was packed 3 per case and he's not pegwarming anywhere in massive numbers. Plus this is a totally new outfit, unlike any of the re-sculpts from E1.

2. Lots of people really like him, did you check out the Rebelscum forums and all the Jar Jar fans there. We have some here as well. With his new grown up personality, he'll win some new fans as well.

3. He wasn't as big a peg warmer as Darth Maul. The 1st Darth Maul continues to warm pegs in some stores today. If there is 60 Jar Jar's on the shelf, there is gonna be an equal number of the other figures as well.

4. There is intrest in him anyway, even from people that don't care much for the charecter. Especially since he grew up since E1. Plus as I mentioned above, he's got cool new senatorial robes.

1.POTJ were not massively made like EP1,Since Hasbro laid of workers,Figures in the POTJ line are harder to get unlike EP1.

2.I've seen them,So what 10 people like him?Theres going to be 20,000+ figures of Senator Binks,that means 19,990 of him thats going to warm the pegs :)

3.The Maul was a hot figure at the time,Jar Jar has never been a hot figure.On the pegs are going to be Jangos,SBD,Obi,Shaak Ti,Bobas, they aint going to warm as much as Sen.Binks,trust me.

4.People cant be fooled easily :)

hairless chewie
02-08-2002, 05:15 AM
Man, did I open a can of worms on this one!! Aren't the new figures going to come out evenly packed??? I'm going to buy a Jar Jar in his Temptations outfit, no doubt. I know that is not cool to like Jar Jar, its the OK thing to do bash him till no end. Don't like him? Don't buy him. Too easy. One more for Jar Jar and I to try and find. We won't see the glut of stuff like we did for EP1(anyone want a .50 Nute Gunray?) :greedy: I'm just glad that the movies and figures are finally coming out and we can enjoy them both and not bicker about them in these forums. Still....

Yousa gonna buy a Jar Jar senator, no matter what you say here!:crazed:

gibbspaulus
02-08-2002, 06:06 AM
Well, I'll sit on the fence and say that although I found the 'young' jar-jar quite jarring I do love the 12" version. He has pride of place in my display. Now that is the best version (even if he stoops).

Sorry - deviating rom Ep II there a bit.

Thanks for the screen grab - that's one glitzy outfit. Do you think we'll get the usual HAsbro 'solid' cape or a special glitzy cloth one?

ooh, a deluxe jar-Jar with bonus wardrobe and platform boots?

Beast
02-08-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by gibbspaulus
Thanks for the screen grab - that's one glitzy outfit. Do you think we'll get the usual HAsbro 'solid' cape or a special glitzy cloth one?

Probably just like the POTJ Jedi figures of Plo Koon and Seasee Tiin, Senator Jar Jar's robes will no doubt also a soft plastic. Hasbro has pretty much avoided cloth for anything since E1. I really had wished they would have used cloth on one of the E1 Jar Jar in the past, but since we'll probably never see a Bongo anyway, I guess it's not a priority.:mad:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-08-2002, 05:13 PM
PLEASE Lucus, NOT another JarJar :crazed: Well I guess if Lucus is casting a boy band then JarJar would make sense. Starwars sure doesn't feel like it did 25 years ago :mad:

hairless chewie
02-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Maybe Rob Zombie or Metallica as sith lords then!