PDA

View Full Version : What's the Deal With Bail Organa and Obi-Wan in a Comic 2-pack?

Tycho
06-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Rebelscum had this listed in their photo archive list (no picture yet) about a Wal-Mart exclusive listing for 3 more Comic 2-packs.

One such listing was for Obi-Wan and Bail Organa.

This could be some kind of non-movie accurate representation of Bail Organa from back in the Marvel days.

But it's frustrating in that we need several ROTS figures of Bail made:

Senate
Order 66 Speeder Pilot
Actual Separation of the Twins outfit from Leia's delivery to Alderaan

We don't really need another Obi-Wan, save for a really good AOTC version with his molded Jedi cloak.

So I'm rather confused as well as hopeful about this product.

General_Grievous
06-24-2007, 03:10 PM
It's the same figures as the Separation of the Twins exclusives, but I think they have soft goods this time. I think there was a picture on rebelscum. I'm not complaining. I missed them the first time around.

Kidhuman
06-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Are they coming with the kids though?

Tycho
06-24-2007, 04:04 PM
How would that be a comic 2-pack anyway? The movie adaptation? I'm not feeling any enthusiasm for this.

As I noted, there is at least 1 figure of Obi-Wan we really need updated (AOTC Jedi robes) and 3 Bail Organas we have not yet got.

Beast
06-24-2007, 05:09 PM
Are they coming with the kids though?
Yes, they are. Great for those who missed them. I never even saw them around here.

Kidhuman
06-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Well, I dont have to buy this again. I might if they have soft goods though.

JetsAndHeels
06-24-2007, 05:22 PM
I hear they are going to include 2pac in one of the 2-packs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-24-2007, 05:26 PM
The kids have differently-colored blankets. Hasbro showed them in the "What's New" presentation at CIV, of which pictures exist on several sites including here.

JetsAndHeels
06-24-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, they are. Great for those who missed them. I never even saw them around here.

I never saw them either, except when I was at heroes con last week..and I wasn't about to pay $30 a piece for them.

Jargo
06-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Meh. easy pass. figures of babies? really don't see the point. I can understand a wokling coz it's cute and furry and fits onto the ewok catapult, but baby luke and leia? blah, meh and blah.

JediTricks
06-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Man, nice to see you guys go to other sites to get half the info that we posted here a month ago. :rolleyes:
Text: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=37&p2_articleid=866
Pics:
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22521&cat=5338
http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=22962&cat=5338

The set is one of 3 comic 2-packs, all are essentially repaints that WM will be getting in October.

darko666
06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
i wonder whose idea it was to change the blankets for the twins to pink and blue to be able to tell the difference between the kids. seems a bit cheesy.

K M Toydarian
06-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Never saw the separation of the twins single packs, so I really want this, but what irks me is it is a WalMart exclusive AGAIN.
In LA I don't seem to find the exclusives too easy. Hopefully, to quote Obi Wan, "they'll be back . . . and in greater numbers."

Jargo
06-25-2007, 06:59 PM
the blankets are pink and blue. oh hasbro is so stuck in the 1950's.

why does luke have the pink one lol

mtriv73
06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Wow you're right. The baby with Obi Wan (which should be Luke) has the pink blanket.

I wanted a second set of these to open anyway so I'm glad they're being re-released. I'm very sad that they're Wal-mart exclusives and won't show up at half of their stores. Only one of the 2 in my town gets ever the exclusives and they sell out so fast that I have a hard time getting them.

Luuuuuuke
06-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Great, maybe this time I can find one. I heard they totally didn't even make it to some of the Wal-Marts in my area the last time.

I don't see how this is Expanded Universe though. From the pictures I've seen, it looks like the original twin pack, which depicts the scene in the movie.

Sinscia Fat'o
06-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Not a good comic pack, but if done right it could be decent. If the figures do infact have soft goods then i'll pick up another one of these since i was lucky enough to get two of the first ones offered, though im kinda against hasbro redoing one of their exclusives that was actually hard to come by...But hey alot of you said you couldn't find these so im for it if the market really does desire these.

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 08:06 PM
I think they're EU only so that WM can get some filler entries or something. They'll likely cite the comic adaptation like the handful of Marvel sets we got already, and the pink & blue baby blankets will probably be the "comic deviation".

They are soft goods on the figures, first time we've got Bail with that in cloth.