PDA

View Full Version : The Cops Were Called On A Bunch Of Irish Party-Revelers

Tycho
06-25-2007, 04:55 AM
I live in San Diego and there are 3 very large universities here, and thus a lot of college kids and partiers. Personally, I like it.

It does afford one a great chance to people-watch to be sure.

A large group of 20-somethings were making a lot of noise here at around 2 in the morning and neighbors disturbed by it were coming out on their balconies and shouting "Shut the F-up!" to the oblivious crowd whom I'm sure could not hear it over their own voices.

I decided to wander down and mix in with the noisy group. I am of the type to wonder what all the excitement is about. Usually, drunken idiots amuse me as they are beneath me, but I'll cull the crowd of a tipsy hot chick if the opportunity arises. Yes. I am evil, predatory, etc. At least I have no plans to kill them like in American Psycho, but it amuses me that I could. The dudes out there were in several cases bigger than me, but with my training and their drunkeness, I hardly have anything to fear. I don't take crap. But I got none and was pretty much ignored as I strode through their party, watching and observing. So a Dark Lord goes walking. I'm musing: what would be REAL evil? I'm not there yet. These cretans will not be worthy of my human sacrafice anyway. But like I said, the occasional girl from the group could be fun.

You know: "I have a place to stay so you don't have to drink and drive." It sure saves me the test of my patience in dealing with inferiors when I do have to go out to bars or clubs when I feel compelled to procure companionship. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you're all examining your inferior notions of morality right about now. You think you have some kind of intrinsic quality that makes you better than me, for the sake of my own depravity. No. What that makes you is a potential victim of me. Anyway, please call me "evil." I've been working on achieving it.

Well, to continue with the story, the police (one squad car with one patrol officer) arrives and he starts in on the group:

"How old are you?" He asks the girls.
"Do you have some kind of identification?"
"You're from Ireland? We've had complaints about you language students before."

(Irish speak their own language besides English. Some of it sounds very similar, but some of it is not. Those I have encountered definitely drink to all hours and value their social time more than their education or their work. The Irish stereotype that is opposite that is of puritanical workaholics who have too much discipline and no capacity to relax. Some people must have things all one way or the other, black and white. How primative and unsophistocated.)

Then the cop tells them:

"The trolley doesn't run at 2 in the morning. People live here and are trying to sleep as they have to go to work in the morning. You have to leave and find some place else to go."

(Effectively, this often relocates a party where it will disturb some other neighbors or sends the intoxicated into their cars where they will next drive like Paris Hilton. It is fortunate that they're dispersed before too many of them have to urinate. Guys and girls partying tend to just "go" anywhere. One time at my old college apartments, a girl didn't pay me any mind while she just lifted her skirt up and pee'd, saying "when you have to go...." This is really low class though. BTW - it makes little difference that I live in relatively high price so-called luxury apartments. Foreign students will have plenty of money to burn (those that can afford to come here) and many regular students double up in bedrooms in apartments or single-family homes such that $2000 a month rent split 4 ways....is affordable).

So then the cop tells them that anyone still remaining there will be arrested and taken to detox as well as drug-tested. The crowd really starts to split up. Curiously, while San Diego is in a budget crisis and we've lost police personnel, you have to wonder how one officer is going to arrest 20-30 people when only 2 will possibly fit in the back of his patrol car. His authority is assumed and only if others cooperate with it, can he maintain it - badge, uniform, patrol car with lights all withstanding. He can't legally draw a weapon on an unarmed crowd of non-violents. They were mostly sitting along the sidewalk just talking loud and sometimes jumping up and shouting out their latest incoherent thoughts.

It was very interesting this time. I have observed this form of human behavior too many times in the past to be intrigued by it except upon occasion however. This was just one such time. Anyway, I wore dark clothing and was largely unobserved by the patrol officer and I'd say 98% of the crowd save for several I tried to talk to (guys that walked past me that either didn't hear me or purposefully ignored me. I would have liked to have engaged one in a conversation to further observe an idiot, but....)

Anyway, I return to my desk now to provide you with this anecdotal account of my adventure at 2:30 am because there's not much else to do. I go back to contemplating my dark and twisted perversions.

LTBasker
06-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Yes. I am evil, predatory, etc. At least I have no plans to kill them like in American Psycho, but it amuses me that I could.

So why call yourself evil? One does not need a plan especially when the execution (no pun intended) would be simple, so perhaps...you're just waiting for a spur-the-moment decision. And thus you call yourself evil. I see between your lines like miniblinds! Dude, put some clothes on! :eek:

So then the cop tells them that anyone still remaining there will be arrested and taken to detox as well as drug-tested. The crowd really starts to split up. Curiously, while San Diego is in a budget crisis and we've lost police personnel, you have to wonder how one officer is going to arrest 20-30 people when only 2 will possibly fit in the back of his patrol car. His authority is assumed and only if others cooperate with it, can he maintain it - badge, uniform, patrol car with lights all withstanding. He can't legally draw a weapon on an unarmed crowd of non-violents. They were mostly sitting along the sidewalk just talking loud and sometimes jumping up and shouting out their latest incoherent thoughts.

I'm going to assume that the intoxicated are not going to look at it so logically. Even though the cop is obviously bluffing, it could be quite effective. He's there in case anything gets out of hand, his threats should cause good amounts to flee and if any do attempt at drunk driving I'm sure he's not short on tickets. ;)

As long as he doesn't try anything that could get one of them agitated (crikey!) he should be okay.

You should've taken pics or video.

Tycho
06-25-2007, 12:52 PM
You're likely right. I am not True-Evil.

Woe is me that is False-Evil. :tired:

But I saw no reason to execute these cretans. It would not alter any larger patterns in human behavior by way of results from my isolated and insignificant actions - but serving a jail sentence for my acts of malice would alter my life pattern significantly. Thus I did not bring out a double-bladed lightsaber, and I can't say I'm terribly disappointed.

and if any do attempt at drunk driving I'm sure he's not short on tickets. ;)

Here I'd be adamant that they ARE arrested and their cars impounded. They should not risk others' lives with their ill behavior. More patrols should have been called over (if they were getting into cars) and drivers might be tested before they were cleared to leave. In that regard, if someone too intoxicated to drive, PLANNED to drive, they would be ordered not to, but thus would NOT be arrested and have their vehicle impounded. Calling / paying for a taxi cab has got to be a heck of a lot less inconvenient than imprisonment and court proceedings. They'd be given that choice of course - but it's a nice choice to have, and a safe one for everyone else concerned. In almost the same way, Paris Hilton was given the same darn choice 3 whopping times!

As long as he doesn't try anything that could get one of them agitated (crikey!) he should be okay.

I think if the police could have spared it, he should have had backup anyway.
I felt sorry for the officer, but he acted from strength through the whole altercation - at least not SHOWING he saw that he was alone and facing a large crowd unassisted. I probably would have called 9-1-1 myself to help him if anything did get out of hand. He was only trying to do a good job. Meanwhile, I was unobserved, like a Sith in the shadows. I could have been useful and anonymous help.

You should've taken pics or video.

The event as it went down was unremarkable. I'm sure many of you here live in different kinds of communities, but even with every finger and toe I would not have enough appendages to count how many times I've seen noise disturbances like this one. As I noted, San Diego has 3 major universities (SDSU, UCSD, and USD) with student populations of probably 40,000 or more on every campus, and most living around the city in many communities. Up by SDSU where I used to live, noise disturbances like these would number on average 4 (four) per night for weekends, and maybe at least 1 per the odd weeknight. It is a typical part of life in my city.

Is this very different from yours? What is peace and quiet to sleep in actually like?

It only takes maybe 3 to 4 people (sometimes only 2 or 1 really nutty wacko) to make a large disturbance. With 120,000 or more 20-something students, not to mention the non-students, and the 30-somethings that also still behave as teenagers do, it can get loud. Other times after holiday parties and major sporting events, the results are the same - not to mention add in illegal street racing and police helicopters chasing the perpetraitors.

San Diego is considered an expensive and affluent community to live in, btw. For your troubles, you look around at relatively clean and beautiful scenery very close to the Pacific Ocean and continuously swathed in luxury perpetuated by redevelopment (whether ethical or otherwise).

Like I said, it is an interesting microcosm for a Sith Lord to observe humanity in. All human weaknesses are exposed here for the observant to be able to exploit them.

TeeEye7
06-25-2007, 04:11 PM

I think you'd be surprised as to how many resources could be brought to bear very quickly. If it's like my department, everyone else scans the other's radio traffic be it your own agency or another's. It may seem like only one officer is handling the situation, but the department's communications center and his fellow beat officers are paying attention along with other agencies (like CHP). If need be, they'd pop up like mushrooms! In fact, they were probably in position a few blocks away.

The main deal is to maintain order. To break up the party as quickly as possible is the mission. Taking drunk kids to jail is not a desirable chore for most cops. It takes too much time away from their beat partner who may need help on a serious case. They'd rather be available for meaningful calls.