PDA

View Full Version : The Chris Benoit Ordeal

DarthQuack
06-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I found out about this a few hours ago and was devistated....I've been sad with Eddie G died as well as other wrestlers but to find out that his family also died is just heartbreaking.....:cry:

STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 – World Wrestling Entertainment was informed today by authorities in Fayette County, Ga., that WWE Superstar Chris Benoit (http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/), his wife, Nancy, and his son were found dead in their home. Authorities are investigating, but no other details are available at this time.

Instead of its announced programming for tonight on USA Network, WWE will air a three-hour tribute to Chris Benoit.

Chris was beloved among his fellow Superstars, and was a favorite among WWE fans for his unbelievable athleticism and wrestling ability. He always took great pride in his performance, and always showed respect for the business he loved, for his peers and towards his fans. This is a terrible tragedy and an unbearable loss.

WWE extends its sincere condolences and prayers to the Benoit family and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

General_Grievous
06-25-2007, 10:48 PM
I saw this:

The deaths are being investigated as a possible suicide and double homicide, authorities told ABC News

Do you think he killed his wife and kid, and then himself?

JetsAndHeels
06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
This is tragic. I have always liked wrestling, even though I do not watch it anymore. I was more of a fan in the late 80's all the way up until around 2003 or so.

Benoit was not my favorite, but he definately was one of the more entertaining atheletes that the WWE had. First it was Owen Hart, then Eddie Guerrero, now Benoit. Right there you have 3 of the biggest names in the sport, dead.

Yahoo reports that autopsy results are expected sometime tomorrow. Let's hope this sheds some light on what happened.
RIP.

Dar' Argol
06-25-2007, 11:22 PM
I just caught RAW tonight in passing. I use to watch WWF/E a few years ago and I did like Benoit's enthusiasm. I noticed that it was Wrestlemania XX and saw Eddie Guerrero there. I was pretty sure that Eddie had died so I did a quick google search. I cannot believe this. I was devastated . . . . I mean what has to be soo bad that this is the result?? I am floored!

JetsAndHeels
06-25-2007, 11:29 PM
now apparently it is being reported that benoit more than likely killed them on saturday, then himself today.

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.
ADVERTISEMENT

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Kidhuman
06-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Thats disgraceful that he did that. I feel no pity for him.

Luuuuuuke
06-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Murder suicide, huh? Geesh. It's hard to find compassion for people who do that to their loved ones. What a selfish thing to do. What drives people to do that?

decadentdave
06-26-2007, 12:35 AM
Thats disgraceful that he did that. I feel no pity for him.

I just love how people can be so judgmental when the facts are still inconclusive. You have shown us that the old axiom "Guilty until proven Innocent" is true.

Why did Chris call the WWE to say that he could not wrestle because his family was coughing up blood, then they are all found dead? The facts don't add up yet. Sounds like they were poisoned. Did Chris poison them and then, 2 days later, commit suicide in despair? Possibly. We don't know all the facts yet. Let's wait for the autopsy reports and the investigators to make an official announcement before we crucify his name.

Kidhuman
06-26-2007, 12:49 AM
If they were coughing up blood, why not take them to a hospital????

decadentdave
06-26-2007, 12:54 AM
Like I said, we don't know all the facts yet? He could have come home, found them already dead from poisoning. Why didn't he call the police? Grief? Shock? We don't know. Obviously he was distraught and killed himself two days later. There is something fishy about it but until investigators can put it all together we still don't know for certain that he killed them.

DarthQuack
06-26-2007, 01:02 AM
ANY way you look at it the situation is tragic because 3 people are dead, 1 being a child. Whether something happened to them or if Chris did the deed himself....it's just heartbreaking that something like this happened.

JEDIpartner
06-26-2007, 10:46 AM
I think pro-wrestling is lame lame lame... but this is really heartbreaking.

General_Grievous
06-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I feel pity for all of them, but if Benoit did indeed kill them, he does NOT deserve to have his life celebrated in a three-hour special on TV.

BountyHunterScum
06-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Fox News now said the situation may be "Roid Rage" related.

JetsAndHeels
06-26-2007, 01:33 PM
This just hit the net:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press Tuesday.
The official spoke on the condition of anonymity.
Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son who were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said test results may not be back for weeks or even months.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Authorities also declined to say whether drugs or steroids were found inside the house. "We're not releasing any information as far as what was located inside the house," sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said Tuesday.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

Whiteside said toxicology tests could take up to a week or longer to complete.

JEDIpartner
06-26-2007, 02:43 PM
:ermm: He just LOOKS like he's on steroids.

What's sad about this is that he was in the frame of mind that this was his only solution. I feel sorry for him that he wasn't strong enough to do make a better choice in regards to killing his family along with himself.

I don't feel his life was worth celebrating for three hours to begin with, but considering the situation at the moment, I find even less necessary to have done so. :(

darthvyn
06-26-2007, 03:47 PM
man, what a crazy situation. it's a shame about the wife and child. why couldn't he have just taken himself out and let them be? if you can't deal with living, by all means put you out of our misery, but don't bring innocent lives with you. that's just selfish and insane.

and the fact that they aired that special on him is just sickening. presumably they didn't have all the facts, but don't jump on a three-hour requiem before you know the circumstances. people don't write obituaries until they know what happened.

pbarnard
06-26-2007, 04:53 PM
Another wrestler died before age 45 due to steroids, big deal. Circumstances surrounding it aren't that more remarkable than any other male who kills his family, same M.O. just the name attached is bigger than Joe Schmo. I think this is the 68th or so wrestler of any recognition in the past 15 years (that's 20 more than the NFL and the NFL has thousands more former players but they do have a wider cross section of deaths before 50 as well from other causes). Want it to stop? Stop watching, buying, doing whatever it is. No demand to see the product, these guys will stop shooting up because no one will pay to keep them that way. Those still watching are just enabling their behavior. You got what you wanted with your product, now deal with the reality your advertising dollar bought you.

Rocketboy
06-26-2007, 05:01 PM
STAMFORD, Conn., June 25, 2007 Whoa wait a sec...Stamford, Conn. is real?

kool-aid killer
06-26-2007, 05:30 PM
I remember him from when i used to watch WCW back in 1999. He was never my favorite, but that doesnt mean i didnt feel sad when i heard he died yesterday. Its too bad he had to kill his family for whatever reason.

I think the three hour tribute came about because apparently WWE was supposed to air a "Memorial Service" episode yesterday. Knowing a wrestler of theirs was dead while they ran along with that idea probably wasnt in the best taste. At that point, i dont think they knew what he had done.

Does a big sin make a life invalid?

Luuuuuuke
06-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Could be roid rage. Steroids does all kinds of things to your psyche as I understand. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if every single "professional" wrestler does or did steroids.

Strangles his wife... What a classy guy. I'm not a fire and brimstone kind of guy, nor all that religious, but I'm not too empathetic for people who do this to their family.

I'm so not a fan of pro wrestling. I think it's a joke. The story lines are gutter level stuff, most of the wrestlers look like roided up freaks who can snap at any moment, the list goes on. And yeah, I think it's kind of mysoginistic. It's not exactly the most woman friendly spectacle, and I'm not a member of NOW either.

So maybe I'm not 100 percent stunned that a "pro" wrestler would--if he were going to kill his loved ones--would strangle them or smother them. Probably the only surprise would be if he didn't use his "patented" move.

I can't even imagine the horror Benoit's wife experience as this bulked up monster choke the life out of her. Worse, what his 7 year old boy experienced as "dad" bore down on him.

kool-aid killer
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
When i feel like watching wrestling i watch Mexican matches. A half dozen non roided up beer belly guys with masks on their face is just so much more entertaining than the wrestling shown on American television.

Luuuuuuke
06-27-2007, 02:05 AM
When i feel like watching wrestling i watch Mexican matches. A half dozen non roided up beer belly guys with masks on their face is just so much more entertaining than the wrestling shown on American television.

You ain't kidding. I'm not a wrestling fan, but there's something purer about Mexican wrestling. It's campy, but it's not the mean-spirited freak show that so-called "professional" wrestling is. What a joke.

Sure enough, they found steroids in the Benoit home. I'm sorry, but if I see a super-buffed guy with no neck and Tyrannosaurus arms, I think steroids. I don't care what anybody says, those guys are all roided up.

I bet the WWE regrets airing that tribute now. I saw like the first 3 minutes of it yesterday and they show Benoit hugging his wife and hugging and carrying his little boy (the one he murdered I guess) after winning one of those fake championships.

What do these creeps who kill their family members and then themselves think--that if they all die they're going to see them in the after life/heavan? Oh yeah, if my spouse freaking murdered me, I'm sure I'd be thrilled to see her in the after-life. :rolleyes: "Thanks for murdering me honey!! This murder suicide plan of yours turned out to be great. Now I can spend eternity with the murderer of my son and me! Weee!" Yeah, I'm sure Jesus, Allah and Buddha are all down with that.

Murder Suicide Guy is right up there with Child Molester Guy in my book.

Kidhuman
06-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Last night on the ECW show, Vince came out and stated they would not mention Benoits name through out the show, and probably ever again because of what he did.

darthvyn
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Last night on the ECW show, Vince came out and stated they would not mention Benoits name through out the show, and probably ever again because of what he did.

well, except for that once, when he said they wouldn't say it.

Luuuuuuke
06-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Apparently he used a chokehold on his son. A shiver went down my spine when I read that this morning.

DarthQuack
06-27-2007, 11:45 AM
I wish I could change the title of the thread....if one of the mods could change it to just dead instead of RIP or RIP Nancy and Daniel.

mabudonicus
06-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Probably the only surprise would be if he didn't use his "patented" move.

Okay, all's I could imagine here was a quick montage of several of the more useless "special moves" being used to deadly effect on folks- I can't help but giggle thinking about Hulk Hogan killing someone with his leg-drop, Goldust laying a fatal "Shattered Dreams", The Rock dishing out a series of lethal "Peoples Elbows" or Flair going homicidal with the "beg for mercy/low-blow" combination (not trying to make fun of this situation, but there were plenty of harmless "super moves" back in the day, and trying to think of the headlines and resultant backlash is funny- and seriously, it'd be totally WWF/E style to introduce a new plotline where this exact kind of thing happened)
:beard: Iso & Baws

JJreason liked The Mountie a lot as a kid

Kidhuman
06-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I wish I could change the title of the thread....if one of the mods could change it to just dead instead of RIP or RIP Nancy and Daniel.

Changed the title for you.

DarthQuack
06-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks bud.

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 05:55 PM
I first read about this late Monday night, I've not been a wrestling fan since the '90s but I knew who he was, and I was pretty shocked by seeing the news on CNN that it was looking like murder-suicide. The preliminary facts given out by the police already confirmed in my eyes that Benoit had to have been guilty - the wife was killed first, then son was killed a day later, then Benoit committed suicide; Benoit had made strange statements to his coworkers and excuses why he wasn't going to be performing that weekend; the police said the house was locked and there were no signs of struggle or forced-entry, and that the police themselves had a difficult time entering because of 2 guard dogs surrounding the house - A plus B plus C right there already added up to Benoit killing his family and then himself.

So I was curious how the late-night internet crowd was dealing with this, I went over to IMDB's forums to see what was going on, and it was stunning - first everybody was just paying respects or trying to find out if it was just another WWE angle, then word got out about the murder-suicides and it was a great schism. There were a few fans who gave in to the logic presented and were utterly disgusted by what happened, and some violently reversed their recent respects, reacting with anger - understandably so. But there were a lot of fans who couldn't believe their wrestling hero could do something like this, despite the fact that they didn't know him beyond television. Some said "wait till all the facts are in" despite the logic of the situation at that time, some were sure it had to be some convoluted mistake like poisoning or carbon monoxide, and a few were so deeply entrenched in the characterization that they spewed libelous accusations at fellow wrestlers Kevin Sullivan (who was Nancy Benoit's ex-husband) and Chavo Guerrero, and even claimed that Nancy did it despite the illogic of the claim. There was a growing battle between the "he did it" and "he couldn't have done it" factions which I found fascinating and disturbing, I stayed up for several hours just reading that and trying to learn more.

The next morning, more disturbing info had been revealed from unnamed police sources that were downright grisly, fit what we had already known, and further confirmed Benoit's guilt, so I went back to the IMDB forums and found that a few of the non-believers had realized the likely truth, but the remaining non-believers were now entrenched in their beliefs that their hero couldn't be guilty of these acts. The fighting was insane and the negative attention started bringing in trolls saying awful things.

What shocked me most though was that there was a significant portion from both sides who were going on and on with the misogynistic comments about how they could understand if Benoit just killed his wife, she probably deserved it, stuff like that - as if they knew ANYTHING about their relationship.

Then the police and DA held the press conference came in confirming what happened with even grislier details, yet somehow this didn't seem to sway many of the holdouts, some said "wait for the final verdict to come in" as if this were a trial, not realizing (or not wanting to realize) that this was no longer theory but the official ruling by the authorities.

After that, the report came out about steroids being on the premise, and some of the converts to belief started saying "don't blame Benoit, it was the 'roids fault!" as if Benoit was innocent in choosing to take roids which hypothetically may have led to the murder-suicide was somehow. This opened the floodgates to the excuses - steroids were to blame, mental illness were to blame, the wife somehow pushed him over the edge to kill her and his son - anything to keep this killer a hero in their eyes even after they admitted to themselves he did it.

Now it's just gone completely bananas over there, it's a fascinating look into the human psyche and how it deals with idol-worship and tragedy, but it's soul poison too, people making excuses and arguing over how a man can strangle his wife with an electrical cord, wait around a day and then smother his son with a bag, then finally several hours later hang himself with the very instruments he used to create the physique which made him his living, got him his wife, and may have contributed to the murder of his family.

Ultimately, what Chris Benoit did was undoubtedly, unspeakably deplorable, inexcusable and unforgivable, and I believe it taints everything he ever accomplished. And lots of people do steroids to excess, none of them kill their families over it even when they do get violent and commit crimes, so don't look to the roids for the reason, look to the man who chose to take them. And as to mental illness, damn right it was, I sure hope so anyway - I cannot fathom a sane person killing their families - but again, there are millions of people suffering from mental illness who never kill their families and only a small number who do, so look to the man who committed these evil deeds for the blame.

I feel pity for all of them, but if Benoit did indeed kill them, he does NOT deserve to have his life celebrated in a three-hour special on TV.No, indeed not, and I think the WWE is going to have a lot of PR troubles over that move.

and the fact that they aired that special on him is just sickening. presumably they didn't have all the facts, but don't jump on a three-hour requiem before you know the circumstances. people don't write obituaries until they know what happened.Well, it's very hard to imagine someone you know and work with daily being a murderer, so I don't fault them for feeling the way they did Monday morning when they started putting the tribute together, it seemed like a genuine move - they scuttled a huge ratings-grabbing show and likely an entire huge storyline, so I do think they though they were doing an honorable act. But I heard that about halfway through they got the word of what really happened, and at that point I think they should have pulled the plug - but what would they air for the other 90 mins?

I think the three hour tribute came about because apparently WWE was supposed to air a "Memorial Service" episode yesterday. Knowing a wrestler of theirs was dead while they ran along with that idea probably wasnt in the best taste. At that point, i dont think they knew what he had done. The "memorial service" episode of RAW was going to be a big wrestling foofarah about Vince McMahon's character's death (WWE may be in trouble with the SEC over that, btw, because Vince McMahon may have committed securities fraud by faking his death, even if only the character version of it) and nothing at all like what they ended up airing - with McMahon standing in an empty ring, destroying the big storyline to pay tribute to Benoit. I don't see that as being in bad taste in of itself.

Does a big sin make a life invalid?No, but it puts into question every positive thing that life accomplished, every time he will be seen in retrospect succeeding or with his loved ones it will come with a caveat, a question of "what was he thinking? did he know then that he was going to commit these acts? could his drive to accomplish have sacrificed something in his soul which eventually led to his final acts in life?"

Sure enough, they found steroids in the Benoit home. I'm sorry, but if I see a super-buffed guy with no neck and Tyrannosaurus arms, I think steroids. I don't care what anybody says, those guys are all roided up. A lot of them are indeed, no question when you see their bad skin or their massive growth over short periods of time or the other classic physical signs, but the steroids in the Benoit household were apparently for his son who had a growth disorder, and the WWE claims Benoit tested clean only a month ago. I bet we will discover when the toxicology report comes in that he was banging 'roids or HGH on and off. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/27/wrestler/index.html

I bet the WWE regrets airing that tribute now. I saw like the first 3 minutes of it yesterday and they show Benoit hugging his wife and hugging and carrying his little boy (the one he murdered I guess) after winning one of those fake championships. Oh, no question! They've got to be eating it. On Monday night, their website was all about tributes to Benoit and within 8 hours they had stripped it all down and replaced it with a single story about him killing his family, then started clearcutting references to him on the site, supposedly. From a business standpoint it's a debacle, and from a personal standpoint I bet the producers of that episode are reeling.

Luuuuuuke
06-27-2007, 06:15 PM
It's interesting to read your play-by-play Jedi Tricks of how fans reacted to this. I guess there will always be holdouts who refuse to believe the facts.

You mentioned the mysoginistic comments. I'm not surprised by that. I think "pro" wrestling is pretty mysognistic. From what I've seen, there have been story lines that suggest violent attitudes toward women.

An interesting fact I read in the L.A. Times today and which was mentioned a lot on the Colin Cowherd ESPN radio show(he really took the lead in blasting pro wrestling over this) is that close to 30 pro wrestlers before the age of like 45 have died in the last like 15 years. It's an amazing number. This is consistent with heavy steroid use, which can cause all kinds of mental and physical breakdowns.

CaptainSolo1138
06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Man alive. I first heard about this on my way back from Cedar Point this afternoon on the Jim Rome show (who took a surprisingly neutral stand on it). I certainly feel for the guy, but damn. How can you do that to your wife and kid, man?! Its reprehensible. "'Roid rage" or not, I can't see how someone could do that.

On a side note of sorts, after the statement that his son may have suffered from some sort of dwarfism, Benoit looks like he may have too. Look at the size of his lower body compared to the top. He's always looked odd to me and now it makes a bit more sense.

TeeEye7
06-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Some folks still think OJ is innocent to this day, too:rolleyes:.

People....ya gotta love 'em!

JetsAndHeels
06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
This story is getting stranger by the day....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287194,00.html

Web Time Stamps Indicate Nancy Benoit's Death Reported on Web at Least 13 Hours Before Police Found Bodies in Her Home
Thursday, June 28, 2007

By Blane Bachelor

An anonymous user operating a computer traced to Stamford, Conn. — home to World Wrestling Entertainment — posted an entry to pro wrestler Chris Benoit's biography on Wikipedia.org announcing the death of his wife Nancy at least 13 hours before police in suburban Atlanta said they found her body along with her husband's and that of their 7-year-old son, FOXNews.com has learned.

Employees at Wikipedia.org said the posting went live on their site on Monday at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. Police, however, said they found the bodies Monday at 2:30 p.m. EDT.

The posting reads: “Chris Benoit was replaced by [[Johnny Nitro]] for the ECW Championship match at Vengeance, as Benoit was not there due to personal issues, stemming from the death of his wife Nancy.” According to a Wikipedia.org report published after FOXNews.com made inquiries, the edit was reversed just under one hour later with the comment:

"Need a reliable source. Saying that his wife died is a pretty big statement, you need to back it up with something."

The posting apparently was made in reference to Benoit's scheduled appearance on Sunday night at an Extreme Championship Wrestling event in Texas.

An employee from Wikipedia.org told FOXNews.com that he called and left a message with investigative authorities in Fayetteville, Ga., at around 11 a.m. EDT on Tuesday, after the posting was brought to the attention of the St. Petersburg, Fla.-based Web site.

“I chat with other editors on IRC — Internet relay chat — and somebody pointed it out to me on a relay chat and that it came from a Stamford connection, and that it took place at midnight Eastern Standard Time on Monday morning,” said Wikipedia.org volunteer coordinator Cary Bass. “I called and left a message with the police department.”

The computer-generated time and date stamp of the Benoit entry are listed as 4:01, 25 June 2007. Wikipedia.org lists its entries according to Universal Time, also known as Greenwich Mean Time.

Further investigation, according to Wikipedia.com, shows that one hour after the first edit reversion, another anonymous edit by 125.63.148.173 using unwiredAustralia.com.au, a wireless Internet service provider, was made adding about the aforementioned personal issues: "which according to several pro wrestling websites is attributed to the passing of Benoit's wife, Nancy."

That edit was reverted less than 20 minutes later, with the following comment: "Saying 'several pro wrestling websites' is still not reliable information." The second edit was made by a computer in Australia from a wireless network, according to Wikipedia.org.

A message left by FOXNews.com with Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff’s Department was not immediately returned.

Investigators so far have ruled the Benoit killings as a double homicide-suicide.

Wikipedia.org claims to be one of the largest reference Web sites, and is written collaboratively by users from around the world. Approved users can make submissions and change entries that are posted on the site almost immediately. Bass said the site is constantly monitored to correct inaccuracies.

Bass said when there is a high-profile case, such as the Benoit killlings, Wikipedia.org limits postings to registered users, which is now indicated at the top of the Benoit entry. According to the listed history on the Benoit entry, the computer used to post the 12:01 a.m. entry had a Stamford, Conn., Internet Protocol — or IP — address, a numeric designation that is assigned to every computer with an Internet connection, and that same address has been used to post about a dozen other messages on the site, dating back to May 16, 2007.

In related news, FOXNews.com also has learned, through widely posted Web reports, that former pro wrestler Sherri Martel, who was found dead on June 15, was linked to former wrestler Kevin Sullivan — ex-husband of Nancy Benoit.

Martel, who had a reputation as one of the top managers in pro wrestling, was found dead at her mother’s home in near Birmingham, Ala., on June 15. She was 49.

Investigators, who have not yet determined Martel's cause of death, say foul play is not suspected but that Martel did not die of natural causes.

Luuuuuuke
06-28-2007, 07:37 PM
That is weird. He must have told someone at WWE headquarters his wife died. Probably didn't tell them how or why. I bet there's an explanation that doesn't involve some conspiracy.

CaptainSolo1138
06-28-2007, 09:11 PM
I bet there's an explanation that doesn't involve some conspiracy.Now what kind of fun would that be?:p

JediTricks
06-28-2007, 11:53 PM
That is weird. He must have told someone at WWE headquarters his wife died. Probably didn't tell them how or why. I bet there's an explanation that doesn't involve some conspiracy.
Maybe it was just someone mistaking the original excuse given for something more dire, and it actually turned out to be right. It's not like there was a mention of how she died or the son's death or anything substantial.

Linking Sherri Martel's death 2 weeks ago to this seems like a real stretch, as far as I can tell she was just Sullivan's manager among many other wrestlers she managed, the way it's mentioned in the story you'd think they were having a affair or something.

So, it's a little weird, and I bet in 10 years it'll be enough for the conspiracy nuts and Chris Benoit uberfans to believe the guy ain't guilty, but it seems way too fantastical to me - like if it were on CSI, it'd be a disappointing episode because of how far fetched it would be for this mysterious master criminal to pull all this.

CaptainSolo1138
06-29-2007, 07:53 AM
like if it were on CSI, it'd be a disappointing episode because of how far fetched it would be for this mysterious master criminal to pull all this.No, if it were CSI, we'd learn in the last two minutes that it was a monkey on a John Deere doing a drive-by, thus negating all of the detective work and clues brought up over the course of the last hour.*

*Thanks, Chux!

TeeEye7
06-29-2007, 07:59 AM
No, if it were CSI, we'd learn in the last two minutes that it was a monkey on a John Deere doing a drive-by, thus negating all of the detective work and clues brought up over the course of the last hour.

Not that *@#%^ monkey again! We impounded his tractor last week! ;)

2-1B
06-29-2007, 06:11 PM
WTF is up with planting bibles next to the victims ?

Jeez...

Luuuuuuke
06-29-2007, 08:33 PM
WTF is up with planting bibles next to the victims ?

Jeez...

Yeah, I know what you mean. Religion is used in funny ways. I'm sure this is not the first time a killer has planted a Bible next to someone they murdered.

It makes me think of all those gang members here in L.A. who tattoo images of Jesus or a cross or the Virgin Mary on their bodies--or of a homeboy (single tear rolling down their cheek) kneeling under a big cross. There's just something about bad guys, religion and hypocrisy.

By the way, I didn't work today and I saw a Chris Benoit action figure at Alhambra TRU near the Star Wars figures. The bubble was kind of dented, but it's impossible to tell if someone did that on purpose or what. I wonder if Chris Benoit merchandise is going to take a nosedive. You'd think it would, but...

2-1B
06-29-2007, 11:40 PM
I think it could go up in value ?

Well, on the Bible thing I have no idea of what was going on in his mind but the thought crossed my mind that maybe after he snapped he realized what horrible things he had done and then placed the bibles there...and then the next day later out of guilt he could have killed himself. Again, no evidence to support that line of thinking, just saying that I wondered about it.

JetsAndHeels
06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
I think it could go up in value ?

According to ebay it has...I checked on there yesterday and his figures, shirts, hats, autos especially were all going for pretty good amounts.

Of course this happens all the time with the death of an athlete/celebrity....it happens frequently in the sportscard hobby.

Luuuuuuke
06-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Jeebus! Who the hell would want to Chris Benoit shirt? The dude's a child killer and a wife killer!

Ceasar, I think your explanation of the Bible thing makes the most sense. He was probably tortured by guilt and did the only thing he could that might make him feel like he was somehow trying to make things better, in some weird afterlife-related way. I guess.

JetsAndHeels
06-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Jeebus! Who the hell would want to Chris Benoit shirt? The dude's a child killer and a wife killer!

I agree with you, but apparently there's a market for it.

shirts (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=chris+benoit+t-shirt&category0=)

You'll notice just about every listing has a bid on it, minus the bin's.

Luuuuuuke
06-30-2007, 01:09 AM
I agree with you, but apparently there's a market for it.

shirts (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1467700&loc=%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2f%73%65%61%72%63%68%2e%65% 62%61%79%2e%63%6f%6d%2f%73%65%61%72%63%68%2f%73%65 %61%72%63%68%2e%64%6c%6c%3f%66%72%6f%6d%3d%52%34%3 0%26%5f%74%72%6b%73%69%64%3d%6d%33%37%26%73%61%74% 69%74%6c%65%3d%63%68%72%69%73%2b%62%65%6e%6f%69%74 %2b%74%2d%73%68%69%72%74%26%63%61%74%65%67%6f%72%7 9%30%3d)

You'll notice just about every listing has a bid on it, minus the bin's.

Well, damn, I guess it's time for me to put my Richard "The Night Stalker" Ramirez shirt on ebay.:rolleyes: And my "Son of Sam" lunch box.

TeeEye7
06-30-2007, 01:15 AM
It makes me think of all those gang members here in L.A. who tattoo images of Jesus or a cross or the Virgin Mary on their bodies--or of a homeboy (single tear rolling down their cheek) kneeling under a big cross. There's just something about bad guys, religion and hypocrisy.

They're called sociopaths.

CaptainSolo1138
06-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Does anyone else find this (http://cgi.ebay.com/Chris-Benoit-In-Memory-youth-size-T-Shirt-ECW-WWE-WCW_W0QQitemZ150136378352QQihZ005QQcategoryZ15687Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) a tad disturbing, even moreso based on the fact that it's a youth sized?? I wonder if I can find a "RIP John Wayne Gacy" shirt?:rolleyes:

2-1B
06-30-2007, 12:24 PM
People used to walk around with tshirts of OJ's mugshot.

Tonysmo
07-04-2007, 04:40 AM
Im'a say I dont believe "roid rage" was the cause. I think it was a mixture of a few things. His close friends dying - eddie etc. there was a wwe video of the wrestlers oaying tribute to eddie.. like the tribute show to benoit... and benoit was really torn up, like, crying n stuff.. he could barely hold it together.. mix that depression in with an unfortunate day to day life with a challanged son, and a wife who wanted him to stay home a bit more...

I certainly think his actions were brutal, and very unfortunate. No one saw it coming, specially from a guy like him. but mix in some pain killers, depression.. etc.. its a total shame..

I guess thats the one sick appeal of the WWE.. you all know its coming.. you just dont know whos next. Its a deadly train.

I do think wwe jumped the gun with a 3 hr tribute.. without knowing what really happened. heck, they waited till half the damn show was over before they flashed martels picture up right before a womans match a few weeks ago..

and I have major doubts martels death has anything to do with anything other than her own demise...

... on a lighter note, Ric Flair can add another notch for one more wrestler he has outlived.

.... on a sicker note.. I'll bet snitchky is next....

JediTricks
07-04-2007, 05:34 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/03/wrestler.death.ap/index.html
They're reporting that Benoit's doctor has been indicted over this, apparently he had been giving Benoit 10 months' worth of steroids every 3 weeks or so for a solid year. Now, did it go into Chris Benoit's arm or was he pushing it on his son for the growth disorder he had? We don't yet know. But even if it comes to light that Chris Benoit had replaced all his blood with steroids, I cannot find him blameless in this - he chose to take those drugs and killed his family based on that choice.

Kidhuman
07-17-2007, 04:17 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19810373/?GT1=10150

Roids and Drugs found in system.

El Chuxter
07-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Perhaps the drugs were an anti-hemorrhoid prescription? I understand those can be painful.

DarthQuack
03-14-2009, 07:54 AM
:( Another one passes away....I feel like this is happening once a year now...RIP

http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=24829

Former WWE Superstar Andrew "Test" Martin passed away last night at his home in (http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=24829#) Tampa, Florida at the age of 33, just four days away form his 34th birthday. We don't have many more details right now, but reports say he was found in his apartment. Tampa area authorities have declined to confirm it is Martin but word within the wrestling (http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=24829#) industry has been widespread.

Despite his earlier writings (http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=24829#) about the drug scene in the wrestling business, Martin ended up suspended under the WWE Wellness Policy and was released shortly afterwards. At the time, Martin claimed it was a mutual release that he asked the company for. Martin made a few appearances for TNA that year but there was a feeling that his huge physique was neon sign for the impending US Congress investigation into the business and also a feeling that his attitude didn't go over well with the TNA locker room, so he wasn't brought back. Test talked about retiring from the business but has made several appearances overseas since then, working (http://www.impactwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=24829#) a match in Japan last month. Martin was scheduled to leave this for a wrestling tour of Europe that would have made stops in several countries.

We will keep you updated with more details as they come in. Our deepest condolences go out to Martin's friends and family.

CaptainSolo1138
03-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Crazy stuff. I assumed he was older than 33.

I was never a fan of his but only due to the fact that you couldn't like T&A and the Hardy Boyz.

Kidhuman
03-16-2009, 05:55 AM
I always thought Test was alot older than 33.