PDA

View Full Version : Structure of the Empire

Jek Porky 2002
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Can anybody tell me the structure of the Empire please? (Ep IV onwards)

Obviously at the top of the chain is The Emperor, then vader, and it ends with Stormtroopers. but who's in between, who ranks hire?

Thanks

stillakid
06-26-2007, 02:16 PM
The Force
The Death Star
Palpatine
Vader
Grand Moff Tarkin
Admirals
Captains
Bea Arthur
Stormtroopers

Bel-Cam Jos
06-26-2007, 03:27 PM
But there were (in the EU world) some outside-the-norm levels, too:

Emperor's Hands
Grand Admirals
Black Sun
miscellaneous scum & villiany

So, I'd say it should be:

The Emperor (he probably felt he was above the next...)
The Force
Darth Vader
Prince Xizor
Emperor's Hands
Royal Guards
Grand Admirals
Grand Moffs
Moffs
Imperial Dignitaries
Admirals (fleet)
Generals (ground)
Captains
Sergents
Stormtroopers
TIE Pilots
Navigators
Security
Gunners
Dianogas :D
Bounty hunters

Jek Porky 2002
06-27-2007, 07:48 AM
Bounty Hunters!? We don't need their type of scum around here!

Thanks for that, but I'd rather keep it to non-EU. You see I'm trying to build an Empire from action figures and need to know who's in charge of who.

Ji'dai
06-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Regional Governors replaced Senators once the Imperial Senate was dissolved. They would be equal to Grand Moffs in rank?

Bel-Cam Jos
06-27-2007, 11:07 AM
Bounty Hunters!? We don't need their type of scum around here!

Thanks for that, but I'd rather keep it to non-EU. You see I'm trying to build an Empire from action figures and need to know who's in charge of who.Okay, then how'sabout this? (EU listed with the dreaded * )

The Emperor (he probably felt he was above the next...)
The Force
Darth Vader
Prince Xizor *
Emperor's Hands *
Royal Guards
Grand Admirals (actually, there was some mentioning that the white uniformed officer in the ANH Death Star briefing room was a GA)
Grand Moffs
Regional Governors
Moffs
Imperial Dignitaries
Admirals (fleet)
Generals (ground)
Captains
Sergents
Stormtroopers
TIE Pilots/AT-AT & AT-ST Drivers
Navigators
Security
Gunners
Miscellaneous members

darthvyn
06-27-2007, 01:27 PM
i think the stormtroopers are less specialized than the pilots and drivers, so i think it should go thus:

TIE Pilots/AT-AT & AT-ST Drivers
Gunners
Stormtroopers

stillakid
06-27-2007, 03:16 PM
And Bea Arthur

Vi Cit Tecum
06-27-2007, 04:26 PM
My 2 cents

1. Emperor
1a. Darth (he was more of an advisor than actually in the chain of command. The emperor probably made many decision with out going through DV. when he was on board ships he took over mainly from fear than actual rank)
1*. Emperor hands ( free agents that worked for just the Emp not in chain of command took orders from only the emp,but took over when needed)
2. Regional govenors ( not in military chain of command but in charge of planets/ Galaxies. wouldn't have charge of an Army due to army + planet would give too many ideas of granduer.
2.Grand Admiral ( I assumed reported directly to Emp the first real chain of command again assumed "space military")
2.Grand Moff (first link of assumed land military)
3. Imperial dignitaries ( The high power people from each planet a cookie given to them to keep their people in-line)
3. Admiral (many reported to 1 Grand admiral)
3.Moff (many reported to 1 Grand Moff)
4. Capt( many reported to 1 Moff. comparing to our military this where the parrallels begin. I imagine there would be a captain of stormies, pilots, navigators, ets)
4. seargent( see Capt)

As for the Royal guards (highly trained body guards militarily speaking no more value than a Stormtrooper probably reported to a captain or Moff that worked directly for Emperor OT, worked as enforcers and assasins again would have worked for capt or Moff that had direct link to Emp EU)

bigbarada
06-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't think Vader really holds an official rank in the Imperial Navy.

Kind of like how the First Lady doesn't hold any official position in the US military, but she is treated with a high level of respect by military personel.

In ANH, Vader seemed to be subordinate to Tarkin. I'm guessing that after the destruction of the first Death Star, Palpatine gave Vader a more influential role in the Imperial Navy, without ever actually assigning him an official rank.

stillakid
06-27-2007, 04:45 PM
and Bea Arthur

darko666
06-27-2007, 04:49 PM
The Force
The Death Star
Palpatine
Vader
Grand Moff Tarkin
Admirals
Captains
Bea Arthur
Stormtroopers

Sith Witch perhaps?

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Vader seems to take orders from Tarkin, who is a governor, and the regional governors have direct control over systems, so it seems they answer to Palps. I'd say it goes:
> Palpatine
> > Regional Governors (the same as Grand Moff rank)
> > > Vader
> > > > Regular Moffs
> > > > > Everybody else

However, according to this Wookieepedia entry (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Grand_moff), it's got some crazy council with the Imp Dignitaries, and other goofy open-source EU stuff:
"The position of Oversector governor was the sixth highest in the Empire after the Emperor, Executor Darth Vader, Grand Vizier Sate Pestage, Imperial Ruling Council chief Ars Dangor and Grand Admirals/Grand Generals. Technically, this made them comparable to Imperial Advisors as they both answered directly to the Emperor. While Imperial Advisors could appoint Moffs, only the Emperor himself could appoint Grand Moffs. The actual nature of the upper levels of the Imperial government was extraordinarily complicated, partially because the Emperor wanted those below him to be uncertain where their position truly stood."

Jek Porky 2002
06-29-2007, 02:12 PM
What are those guys called that are dressed all in black? Hasbro released a figure as part of the POTJ line that was called Imperial Officer. Do they have another name than that?

stillakid
06-29-2007, 02:20 PM
What are those guys called that are dressed all in black? Hasbro released a figure as part of the POTJ line that was called Imperial Officer. Do they have another name than that?

Tim

JediTricks
06-29-2007, 07:12 PM
Tim

Mad Slanted Powers
06-29-2007, 08:49 PM

I'd say that they are just that, Imperial Officers. They probably come in various ranks. However, they had black uniforms. Captains, Admirals and Moffs seemed to have gray uniforms.

stillakid
06-30-2007, 12:48 AM
Was that a Monty Python & The Holy Grail reference, or just randomly hit that one?

I am random, but that was an aimed target.

El Chuxter
06-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Wilfred Brimley outranks Bea Arthur.

And so does Art Carney.

And especially Jefferson Starship, who are the "shadow emperors," influencing galactic policy in the lyrics to songs like "Sarah" and "We Built This City."

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2007, 11:04 AM
And when Mace Towani found out his real father was Mace Windu, he turned to the dark side and created a new Sith branch of Yuzzums, so he's got to be somewhere on the list.

Don't forget Harvey Corman and his multi-armed cook and breaking-down droid repairer and head-drinking alien cantina patron...

pbarnard
07-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Best book is the old WEG Imperial Sourcebook. It gives the entire Imperial Order of Battle. Nice organization, has little memos written by Tarkin and Ars Dengor.

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 03:50 AM
Wilfred Brimley outranks Bea Arthur.

And so does Art Carney.That's a load of rich creamery butter! Not only does Bea Arthur outweigh those guys, and she's taller, but she's a former sith! http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23418

Best book is the old WEG Imperial Sourcebook. It gives the entire Imperial Order of Battle. Nice organization, has little memos written by Tarkin and Ars Dengor.The only problem is that West End Games kinda pulled some of that stuff from their ears and Lucasfilm's EU-canon ignores it.

El Chuxter
07-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Even Sith must bow before the power of oatmeal. 'Cause it's the right thing to do.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Even Sith must bow before the power of oatmeal. 'Cause it's the right thing to do.And he's branched off into other areas that a Jedi might consider to be... unnatural.

Darth Brimley: "He even learned the secret to prevent diabetes."
Potential Sith Apprentice: "Is it possible to learn this power?"
Darth Brimley: "Just call 1-800-THE-EWOKS to request a pamphlet of information, or log on to www.ipronounceitdie-uh-bit-is.com."

JimJamBonds
07-04-2007, 11:10 PM
Where does Ranch rank in the imperial scheme?

tagmac
07-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Even Sith must bow before the power of oatmeal. 'Cause it's the right thing to do.

".....and a tasty way to do it." :D

And at his age, Palpatine also has to make sure to "check his blood sugar and check it often!" :thumbsup: