PDA

View Full Version : Bobafrett gets engaged June 22nd, 2007

bobafrett
06-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes sir, I got engaged to my girlfriend of 9 months. I had planned this out for 2 months, and was going to go up on the "Relay Idol" stage at this years "Relay for Life" in Normal Illinois. I had made arrangements with the DJ to be able to tell the story of how me and my now Fiance met, then sing the Rascall Flatt's version of "Bless the broken road" karoke style, then get down on my knee and propose to her.

Well, needless to say, things did not work out quite the way I had planned. Just 45 minutes before the stage was to open for the competition, we were asked to pack up as there was a major thunderstorm coming about a half hour away. My team had just set up a tent for me and Robin to rest in, when the relay volunteers came by and told us they were shutting everything down. I was standing next to Robin, and I said "I hope this doesn't put a jinx on anything", and I proceeded to tell my fellow team members about the story of how Robin and I met. Then I got to one knee, and proposed. She was suprised and happy, and said "Yes". :love: :shocked:

Then the lightening and thunder started coming, and we made a hasty teardown of the camp, and were able to get my car loaded just before the rain came pouring down.

2-1B
06-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Congrats, sir! Way to go out and earn, Son. :)

Did you give her a japor snippet instead of a ring ?

figrin bran
06-26-2007, 09:15 PM
congratulations bobafrett!

bobafrett
06-26-2007, 09:18 PM
Congrats, sir! Way to go out and earn, Son. :)

Did you give her a japor snippet instead of a ring ?

She isn't into Star Wars as much as I am. In fact she has already nixed the idea of my dressing in my Stormtrooper armor for our wedding. I doubt she would understand the meaning behind the japor snippet, let alone have to explain it to her family.

Lord Malakite
06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
In fact she has already nixed the idea of my dressing in my Stormtrooper armor for our wedding.
But she didn't say anything about dressing as the world's tallest jawa. I say go for it.:thumbsup:

UKWildcat
06-26-2007, 09:41 PM
AWESOME!!! Congrats Frett!!!

Rocketboy
06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Congrats, sucker!

Just kidding! Way to go!
We're all invited, right?

bobafrett
06-26-2007, 09:54 PM
We're all invited, right?

Only if you bring the next 6 waves of Star Wars figures! I doubt I will have much money left if I need to be saving for the wedding.

LTBasker
06-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Congrats, Frett! So if the Stormtrooper armor is for the wedding, is the Tusken Raider for the honeymoon? :p

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Congrats buddy! Just started planning ours, good luck with that:D

Kidhuman
06-26-2007, 10:54 PM
Awesome deal Frett. Congrats. I expect the invite shortly. :p

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Congratulations Fett. I hope that you and your soul mate find peace and happiness.

Let SSG know when the stag is!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Congratulations, man!

Dar' Argol
07-03-2007, 06:26 AM
She isn't into Star Wars as much as I am. In fact she has already nixed the idea of my dressing in my Stormtrooper armor for our wedding. I doubt she would understand the meaning behind the japor snippet, let alone have to explain it to her family.

CONGRATS Frett!!! Maybe you can have Han and Leia as cake toppers??? Its worth a shot . . .

So which figure did you propose to her with???

CaptainSolo1138
07-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Congrats, Barry! I hope the rest of your lives come off a bit more orchestrated, though!:D

BTW, you obviously missed this (http://itsawedding.ytmnd.com/) in the Admiral Ackbar thread.

darthvyn
07-03-2007, 01:31 PM
In fact she has already nixed the idea of my dressing in my Stormtrooper armor for our wedding.

that is the ceremony... i didn't hear anything about the reception!

good on ya man! congrats! just fyi, the missus and i had our wedding party enter the reception to the SW main theme and then we entered to the imperial march. the wedding party held lightsabers over us as we entered. check out the pics here:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=435950&postcount=29

pegger
07-03-2007, 08:11 PM
Dude - Awesome news. Congrats!

bobafrett
07-04-2007, 08:12 AM
I attended a wedding where at the reception the oldest person at the table got to keep the table decoration. I thought about having a Star Wars themed table decoration, and after the reception I get to keep the goodies on the table.

I told Robin yesterday that I was going to have my Tux fitted over my Stormtrooper armor. She laughed and then said "no".

Her friend is already planning the wedding, I think, or at least that's what this friend announced in Church this past Sunday.

jjreason
07-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Best wishes, bobafrett! I'm very happy for you! It's a great feeling, knowing that your "the one" thinks you're their "the one", isn't it? :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey hey, Congrats!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bobafrett
09-16-2007, 06:21 AM
Robin and I just celebrated our 1 year annivesary. We went to see the White Sox play at U.S. Cellular field. You'll note that I am a die hard Cubs fan, and that my team at the moment is in 1st place, while the Sox are somewhere near the basement of their division. I must really love Robin to attend a game their (the White Sox) ballpark, without playing the Cubs.

Rebo's_Guitarist
09-16-2007, 07:05 AM
Wow its been a year already? Congrats!

bobafrett
09-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Wow its been a year already? Congrats!

A year since we went on our first date, but only a few months since we got engaged. :love:

Val Da Car
09-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Congrats from up Norte here, Ya Hey DER...

Go Brew Crew......

bobafrett
09-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Sorry to say the Cubs magic number is 6, especially since your teams loss in Atlanta combined with a Cubs win today. We shall see my Northern friend!

Pics from my engagement:

Exhaust Port
10-22-2007, 09:01 PM
Just swung by after a long absence to check things out in the SW universe and found your thread Bobafrett and I wanted to also add my congratulations. Nice work and I wish you both a long and happy life together.

Kidhuman
10-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow an Exhaust Port sighting

BountyHunterScum
10-22-2007, 10:26 PM

Now torpedo it!

Exhaust Port
10-23-2007, 02:17 PM

I know, I see the dust coming off keys as I typed. I need to get back into the swing of things.

So did they ever release that 3rd prequal movie? ;)

CaptainSolo1138
10-23-2007, 02:29 PM
So did they ever release that 3rd prequal movie? ;)Yes, and stillakid is still in denial.:p

Good to "see" ya, EP.

Exhaust Port
10-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Yes, and stillakid is still in denial.:p

Good to "see" ya, EP.

Good to see somethings never change. :D

bobafrett
11-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you EP. I have been away awhile myself because my computer had to be reformatted, and now we can't get the drivers to get connected to the internet. I had to type this from the library. Might as well, I have the Sunday off from Wally World, my fiance's at work, no Bears game today, and I have $5 to live on until Wednesday night.

bobafrett
04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Well the day is getting closer, and we are having a delima finding a photographer for our wedding. We've looked online, and they are pricey. I want a good photographer being that this will be my first wedding, and I'd like to have the moment captured. Any suggestions?

And no, we are only doing the disposable cameras at the reception.......maybe.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-08-2008, 04:05 AM
Wow, how did I miss this thread? Those pictures are AWESOME!!

I would go to a local university that has a photography/art department, ask someone close to graduation, check their portfolio. College students are always happy to make money on the side, especially if it's for doing what they love!

Good luck! :thumbsup:

DarthBrandon
04-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Nice to see, love the pics bobafrett. Good luck with everything bro.:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
04-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Well the day is getting closer, and we are having a delima finding a photographer for our wedding. We've looked online, and they are pricey. I want a good photographer being that this will be my first wedding, and I'd like to have the moment captured. Any suggestions?

And no, we are only doing the disposable cameras at the reception.......maybe.

Well, being that this is your FIRST wedding..lol (just reading it kind of funny I guess-as if you expect a second, lol)

If you were close to Pittsburgh, my fiancee could take the photos. Best of luck bro and congrats!!

bobafrett
04-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Thank you!

My fiance told me last night there was a guy just about out of college, looking to make some money, she found on Craigs list. We have to contact him. The cheapest we have found so far is $125 an hour with a minumum of 4 hours.

We don't need a photographer who is going to get pictures of the brides shous, or the back of her dress, just someone who can get some good clear shots of the wedding, and the family's, and maybe even the reception, and me passing out at the alter.

Banthaholic
04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Me and my wife found a more resonable photographer then made sure friends had digital cameras at the reception and we had disposables on all the tables at the reception. Turned out good enough, and we had no drunken shots of the below the belt members that we feared the disposibles would get.

El Chuxter
04-09-2008, 12:36 AM
We spent more on the photographer than everything else combined. Our wedding was nice, but low-key, and we figured the pictures would be the one thing we would keep forever. Aside from the spouse, that is. :thumbsup:

And we still did the disposable camera thing.

TeeEye7
04-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Whoever you chose, insist on seeing a portfolio of work. Deoxy's suggestion is a good one.

I, personally, have a problem with a "near-graduate" charging $125/hr unless he/she really knows their stuff and come from an accredited school (that is to say if this is who your fiance found...if this is some guy already in the business, find out where he went to school.). Then, there's the price of photos once they're taken. Buyer beware, Frett!

I hope you find someone worthy. Ask for references. There's a lot of dill weeds who take advantage of an emotional situation. Make sure you know what rates/hr. will be and what is involved with photo packages and any future re-prints (this is where you really can get screwed!). Also make sure everything is in writing.

Good luck and be careful!

2-1B
04-09-2008, 06:31 PM
I remember seeing wedding photographer cases on The People's Court when I was a kid.

bobafrett
04-14-2008, 05:06 PM
Well, I impressed myself. I once again fit into my size 36 jeans. I haven't fit in those for the last two years. I've been doing a lot of walking, to help lose some weight for my wedding, and also so I can fit into my Stormtrooper armor a little better.