PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks ECW being on Sci-Fi is stupid?

JEDIpartner
06-27-2007, 09:21 AM
First of all, I think pro-wrestling is pretty stupid. Secondly, I think pro-wrestling on a channel that's supposed to be devoted to SCIENCE-fiction and not SPORTS-fiction, thank you, is even dumber.

:upset:

Like they couldn't find some old Sci-Fi show to run during that slot. Yeesh!!!

JetsAndHeels
06-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Pro wrestling used to be something I enjoyed watching as a kid. It was more about the actual sport, not stupid drama and overused storylines like it is now. I haven't watched in several years because I got disgusted with how it changed.

To answer your question though, I also think it is stupid that ECW airs on the sci-fi channel. When I first heard they were picking it up to air, I thought "why the hell would they show this on sci-fi channel?"
I don't get it either, and I agree something better could be added to that time slot.

Ji'dai
06-27-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't care for wrestling either, but I found the commercials to be horribly annoying. Hell, you really don't need to watch the show at all since the commercials provide a digest of what happens week to week anyway.

But thankfully all four seasons of Enterprise reruns have concluded and I can stop watching the channel regularly.

pbarnard
06-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Has more to do with Sci-Fi being part of Universal NBC family and their contract with the WWE. I thought it was because the rumors have Sci-Fi changing its name and going the way SpikeTV.

BountyHunterScum
06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Has more to do with Sci-Fi being part of Universal NBC family and their contract with the WWE. I thought it was because the rumors have Sci-Fi changing its name and going the way SpikeTV.

SnatchTV? :D

Lord Malakite
06-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Maybe the wrestlers will start dressing like aliens or robots and will use new sci-fi inspired names.

Tonight on the ECW the fight of the ages: The Velvet Vulcan vs. The Flying Fox Mulder!

JediTricks
06-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I've always found it really stupid! It has nothing to do with the channel's theme, which they've stuck to after original plans to turn it into the Action Channel slumped. May as well put it on Bravo, it's part of the NBC cable family and at least there the oily, nearly-nude, grappling men would garner a bigger audience.

I kinda like the idea of making ECW all science-fictiony though, if they've already admitted pro wrestling is "entertainment", may as well take it further with the characters coming from other worlds, having mental powers that can change enemies' minds (or convince their valets and managers to switch sides), make the mismatched matches make more sense since the small guy could come from Jupiter where gravity is stronger, and have good guys come on stage as villains because they're from mirror universes. :p

BountyHunterScum
06-27-2007, 11:00 PM
Wrestling has no business on Scifi channel. Nuff said.

Phantom-like Menace
06-29-2007, 12:12 AM
An hour's block of wrestling on Sci-Fi Channel could be better spent running endless airings of the six episodes of Space Rangers.

For the benefit of those who are now scratching their heads and getting ready to go to IMDB or Wikipedia, Space Rangers was an absymally bad (read many magnitudes worse than, say, being a torture victim from the movie Hostel but not as bad as wrestling) sci-fi program from the early nineties.

2-1B
06-29-2007, 12:19 AM
next thing you know, they'll be showing Celebrity Fit Club on VH1 !

El Chuxter
06-30-2007, 01:13 PM
It's like if Cartoon Network aired Dumb and Dumber. Or if the History Channel aired Planet of the Apes.

Oh, uh, wait.

bigbarada
06-30-2007, 01:39 PM
I've always found it really stupid! It has nothing to do with the channel's theme, which they've stuck to after original plans to turn it into the Action Channel slumped. May as well put it on Bravo, it's part of the NBC cable family and at least there the oily, nearly-nude, grappling men would garner a bigger audience.

I kinda like the idea of making ECW all science-fictiony though, if they've already admitted pro wrestling is "entertainment", may as well take it further with the characters coming from other worlds, having mental powers that can change enemies' minds (or convince their valets and managers to switch sides), make the mismatched matches make more sense since the small guy could come from Jupiter where gravity is stronger, and have good guys come on stage as villains because they're from mirror universes. :p

When I first heard that ECW was moving to Sci-Fi channel, this is kind of what I thought they would do with it; but it's still the same stupid pro-wrestling garbage.

I also find it odd that SpikeTV shows Star Trek:TNG and Voyager during the day.

TeeEye7
06-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Sci-Fi Channel is a good place for it.

It's got science: steroids.

And fiction: the whole thing's a sham.

:p

LusiferSam
07-01-2007, 12:07 AM
Sci-Fi Channel is a good place for it.

It's got science: steroids.

And fiction: the whole thing's a sham.

:p

I've never thought of wrestling like that before, but it makes total sense. :thumbsup: Anyway, I've always hated wrestling and thought it was stupid. Sci-Fi is one of the worst places for that garage.

JEDIpartner
07-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Put that crap back on USA or TNT or Spike. :rolleyes:

Good point though, TE7!!!

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 03:41 AM
USA already has wrestling, TNT has moved on to wrestling with cars, and Spike has the bloody version of what pro wrestling would REALLY look like if they weren't phoning it in.

bigbarada
07-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Spike has the bloody version of what pro wrestling would REALLY look like if they weren't phoning it in.

I assume you're talking about The Ultimate Fighter. That show is the only reason that SpikeTV is even still around, the entire network would have tanked years ago without it.

Plus it's one of the few reality shows that still seems to be going strong. They're filming season six as I type this and my boss, Matt Hughes, is going to be one of the coaches. He's been in Las Vegas taping the show for the last three weeks and probably has 2-3 more weeks to go. It'll be his second season as a full time coach on the series.

JediTricks
07-04-2007, 04:21 AM
Indeed I am speaking of Ultimate Fighter.

And TNT's wrasslin' with cars is NASCAR. :p