PDA

View Full Version : Leia Boushh is here!

JediTricks
06-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I just got the email, hooray! Posted in the news:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=947

11 months later and finally some good news!

Deoxyribonucleic
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
I just put up a blog about this on my myspace...it's been so long that I never thought I'd see it! I saw that email today and didn't even know what it was at first haha I'll hit up San Diego Comic Con again before I get this little gem, which I find hilarious! :yes:

JediTricks
06-28-2007, 10:04 PM
And that's where she was first displayed last year!

jedibear
06-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Now let us hope that the same factory that just gave us canned frosting head Faramir isn't the one painting Leia/Boussh...

JediTricks
07-12-2007, 01:07 PM
Now just 3 to 5 days away!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=971

Deoxyribonucleic
07-16-2007, 07:21 PM
Just got an email from Sideshow with a tracking number...my Boushh has been shipped! Woohooooooooooooo I can't believe it!

JediTricks
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Congrats! I suspect then mine will ship tomorrow, provided no troubles with my card.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-17-2007, 03:35 PM
I got my Boushh today. It came from Thousand Oaks so it only took a day to ship it...NICE! Perhaps I'll be back for reviews but I haven't had a chance yet to really get down to the nitty gritty inspection :) It looks fantastic though! :thumbsup:

Bosskman
07-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Mine is supposed to ship with Hologram Sidious.

Darth Cruel
07-21-2007, 04:58 PM
What an awesome figure this is. My faith in Sideshow is completely restored. Sculpt, costume, paint apps, articulation...all perfect except for a few VERY SLIGHT oppses on the paint app on the portrait. But even that doesn't drop the score down to even a 99%. I am convinced that at the same price point...the figure can not be done better. And the price point it came in at allows for a lot!

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 12:39 AM
I am really digging this figure as well, my only issues are the chin is a little too far forward and the trousers (?) have the poofy aspects too low, but they did a great job with it and I love how they handled the removable helmet. The exclusive blaster is a total snore though.

"Worth the wait"? Yes, but I wouldn't want to wait that long again. :p

jedibear
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
I love this figure...well worth the wait in my book.

Great texture and weathering on the outfit...best paint app in a while, and she just looks great.

I'm happy to add this one to my Jabba setup...

AoDfan
07-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Mine is supposed to ship with Hologram Sidious.

Mines shipping that way too.

JediTricks
07-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Great shots!

AmanaMatt
07-26-2007, 10:09 AM
I received mine yestersay and I love it....FANTASTIC figure....she is my fav in the line as of now.

dr_evazan22
07-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Recieved my tracking number today.

AoDfan
07-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Got mine today. It's one sweet figure, can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

Bosskman
08-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Mine is processing........

jedibear
08-05-2007, 10:55 AM
You'll enjoy this one, Bosskman...

Here's my "final" display pose with her. This truly is one of the best Sideshow's done...

Bosskman
08-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Cool. I sill don't know how I'll diplay MY Boussh Leia when I get her though.......

AoDfan
08-06-2007, 05:54 PM
You'll enjoy this one, Bosskman...

Here's my "final" display pose with her. This truly is one of the best Sideshow's done...

Is that just the Sideshow display stand with a rock on it? Thats pretty neat. I just have mine standing up at attention, with other Leia as Boushh action figures.

jedibear
08-11-2007, 10:49 PM
yeah, it's just the standard stand with a rock. I do that with some of my Sideshow figures to break up the "At attention/just standing there" poses...I like the variety.

jedibear
12-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Remember when she was three weeks away?

Continuing my look back at this year's Sideshow best, here's a photo collection featuring my favorite of the year....

JediTricks
12-27-2007, 02:15 AM
Awesome! What's Luke doing though? Looks like some sort of Italian gesture. :p

jedibear
12-27-2007, 07:36 AM
He's handing her the (very tiny) thermal detonator...
(I had to shrink this photo collection down to "fit" here so some detail is lost...)

JediTricks
12-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh, ok, I get it.

jedibear
09-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Here's a recent look at Leia...taken outdoors with my new cam.

She is one of Sideshow's best and, considering the great detail in her costume, she makes a great preview of how cool some Hoth figures from Sideshow would be...

JediTricks
09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Nice shot, and nice new camera - judging by the photo.

jedibear
10-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks, and yes it is.

JediTricks
10-08-2008, 02:53 AM
If you can, try playing with the aperture setting, see if you can add a feeling of scale by slightly blurring the background items in the camera itself. I've never done this as I don't shoot a lot of "things", but always wondered if it'd work on small items looking more realistic.

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I know I am really late getting this one, but I received my Leia yesterday. It is an awesome, awesome figure!! I love the sculpt, the accessories, everything.

This is my first sideshow collectables purchase, and I always loved Leia in the Boushh outfit. The figure was available as a 2nd chance opportunity, and for the price, I am very glad I got it!!

A+++++++ for this one.

JediTricks
03-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Congrats on the get, glad you dig it. It's still one nifty piece, lots of detail, stuff Hasbro never thought to cover (in 12", in 4" they seem to get lots more). Welcome to the world of Sideshow!

I actually tried to use last year's SDCC giftcards to buy another one, but they only allow 1 per customer. :p

JetsAndHeels
03-19-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks JT.

I am really, really enjoying this figure. Last night I was able to look at it some more and it keeps getting better. What I am most impressed with is the likeness. I have always heard that Sideshow was pretty spot on with likenesses, but seeing it now face-to-face (no pun intended) is just incredible.

I also used the feature where you can pay a little extra in shipping to get an additional gift with your order. I received some guy from Planet of the Apes (I forget his name right now, but he's a human and a general or captain or something). If anyone is interested in it like as a trade or something let me know and I can get more info on it, because honestly it looks okay but I haven't been a really big fan of Planet of the Apes.

jedibear
03-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Congrats on picking up that Leia...she is still one of my favorites in the entire Sideshow 1:6 line...really well done figure.

What's the name of that POTA character you got?

Here's a couple of shots of my Leia/Boussh figure...take some shots of yours for us when you get a chance!

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Nice pics Jedibear. I will try to take some pics of mine sometime soon.

The other figure is Captain Brent from Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

JediTricks
03-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks JT.

I am really, really enjoying this figure. Last night I was able to look at it some more and it keeps getting better. What I am most impressed with is the likeness. I have always heard that Sideshow was pretty spot on with likenesses, but seeing it now face-to-face (no pun intended) is just incredible.Sideshow has some misses in their likeness arsenal, but the majority have more than a mere grain of truth in them. I like that Leia likeness quite a bit, they recycled it for the ANH figure with different hair, and I like it there too but most folks don't see it.

There's so much detail to find on that figure, I should follow your lead and check it out again, I'm sure I'll find something new.

I also used the feature where you can pay a little extra in shipping to get an additional gift with your order. I received some guy from Planet of the Apes (I forget his name right now, but he's a human and a general or captain or something). If anyone is interested in it like as a trade or something let me know and I can get more info on it, because honestly it looks okay but I haven't been a really big fan of Planet of the Apes.I hadn't heard about this gift thing, perhaps because I only order as priority preorders or gift card orders.

JetsAndHeels
03-23-2009, 09:29 AM
I hadn't heard about this gift thing, perhaps because I only order as priority preorders or gift card orders.

I think its a great program, and it seems to be going over pretty well with most collectors (at least from the comments I have read online on various sites).

I was hoping to get another SW collectable when I agreed to pay the extra shipping, but I can't really complain because its still a sideshow item that normally would have retailed for alot more.

JediTricks
03-25-2009, 01:04 AM
That's cool. How much was the S&H on the gift then?

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2009, 10:53 AM
That's cool. How much was the S&H on the gift then?

It was not much at all, because the total shipping cost for the order (the Leia figure and the free gift) was $8.39.

JediTricks
04-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Geez! That's what I pay for S&H minimum on any order. Nice job.