View Full Version : Canada Day

TeeEye7
06-30-2007, 08:17 AM
July 1st is fast approaching.....

.....so, what's on the agenda besides nachos and Molson? :confused:

jjreason
06-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Ha! Nachos... what Canadian likes those? :D

We're taking our kids to see my parents, then I think we're going down to a public park for some general festivities - live music, maybe some fireworks if they can stay up late enough.

Down in Windsor, Ontario (which borders on Detroit) they have a joint celebration called the Festival of Light - it's a MASSIVE fireworks display that draws people from hundreds of miles around. Try getting a hotel room in either city this weekend!!!

This Canada Day (July 1st) will be our 140th national birthday. Of interest, it is also the anniversary date of the RCMP - our first Prime Minister, John A. MacDonald, instated the Northwest Mounted Police on July 1st 1874. Knowing IS half the battle.....

mabudonicus
06-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Ahhh Canada Day....

On slate for the mabudonicus household, we're hosting a meeting (10 am to 2 pm) of the Ontario (Canadian, really, we have members from almost every province but only the local, largest contingent is comin out) Carnivorous Plants Society. Should be a good time, lots of folks talkin plants, trading plants and generally goofing off

Today, the lead-in to Canada Day- should be having an assembly of some of our "classic" buddies today- we got started yesterday and got a tad overenthusiatic so Ange/Elf is right now trying to put the pieces of her mind back together as we ended up partying with a couple of good friends who had nothing but hard liquor to drink last night.

There should be fireworks at the "Friendship Festival" which happens in the Fort Erie/Buffalo crossing area bewteen here and the US, and a bit more locally a nice display at Port Dalhousie- the original Lake Ontario end of the Welland Canal, which in the mid 1800's joined Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. The current Canal is the fourth incarnation and terminate a couple of mile east of the original. The original also had some 38 locks, whereas the "modern" one only has 8, with locks 1 through 6 being in St.Catharines.

I have no clue what today will bring, but I'm pretty confident that it will turn out to be classic Canadian fun. Canada Day generally brings out the best in many folks tho, so I imagine with the beauty weather this one will be awesome :beard: Iso & Baws
All forumites are invited to our Canada Day fest

CaptainSolo1138
06-30-2007, 10:08 AM
All forumites are invited to our Canada Day festIn turn, you, jj, Brandon and pegger are invited to the States to drink cheap American hooch (i.e. Bud Light), get sh*t-faced and shoot bottle rockets from your posteriors, all in the name of independence. See you guys Wednesday!:thumbsup:

mabudonicus
06-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Arse rockets eh?? I KNEW we'd forgotten something, thanks for the reminder laddie :beard: Iso & Baws

Cappy just invited us to an Independence Day celebration of epic proportions- I should start riding now if I plan on being there

pegger
06-30-2007, 01:45 PM
In turn, you, jj, Brandon and pegger are invited to the States to drink cheap American hooch (i.e. Bud Light), get sh*t-faced and shoot bottle rockets from your posteriors, all in the name of independence. See you guys Wednesday!:thumbsup:

It is impossible for a real Canadian to get "sh*tfaced* off Bud light. In fact, I think there is a law somewhere that if a Canadian sees a fellow Canadian drinking a bud light - and getting wasted, we are to kick him in the nads, and revoke his citizen forthwith.

We're going to a friends place to, well, drink beer, eat steaks, drink more beer, and camp over night...tomorro.w

Today is my and my wife's 5th Anniversary - we're ditching the kids this afternoon and will return tomorrow...What we are doing, and were we are going - no one else will know....

DarthBrandon
06-30-2007, 02:06 PM
It is impossible for a real Canadian to get "sh*tfaced* off Bud light. In fact, I think there is a law somewhere that if a Canadian sees a fellow Canadian drinking a bud light - and getting wasted, we are to kick him in the nads, and revoke his citizen forthwith.

We're going to a friends place to, well, drink beer, eat steaks, drink more beer, and camp over night...tomorro.w

Today is my and my wife's 5th Anniversary - we're ditching the kids this afternoon and will return tomorrow...What we are doing, and were we are going - no one else will know....

lol, way too funny pegger, I'm still laughing at this ten minutes after reading it. Congrats on the Anniversary bro.

On Another note, thanks CaptainSolo1138 for the invite, we'll be bringing our own beer though & should be sh?tfaced by the time we get there.:D

jjreason
06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Yep, Canadians are the only group to measure the length of drives in the number of beers one can drink on the way. "How far is it?" "Oh, 4 or 5 beers." :D

2-1B
06-30-2007, 02:38 PM
happy birthday Canada ! enjoy the day all you Canadian SSGers. :)

LusiferSam
06-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Yep, Canadians are the only group to measure the length of drives in the number of beers one can drink on the way. "How far is it?" "Oh, 4 or 5 beers." :D

I think the Irish have a similar system, but it's based more on walking and the distance to the next pub.

And parts of Montana are also were like that. The real rural areas and places like Butte and Miles City are notorious for such actives. Until recently Montana had some of the worst laws (or lack of laws) on drinking and driving in the US.

CaptainSolo1138
06-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Yep, Canadians are the only group to measure the length of drives in the number of beers one can drink on the way. "How far is it?" "Oh, 4 or 5 beers." :DThat's freakin' classic, sir. Spoken like a true Canadian!

I myself despise Bud Light. I think it is absolutely tasteless and always seems flat. I will drink Miller Lite on occasion, but only because that's the only type of beer Mrs. Solo can tolerate. I'm a true Molson Canadian fan through and through. I'm a huge fan of Hobgoblin, but that stuff's imported from Jargo's neck of the woods and can be pricey (~$12 USD/6pack). Luckily, living in Michigan affords me the luxury of two of the best microbreweries in the nation: Bells and The Michigan Beer Company, which both turn out top shelf suds at reasonable prices (~$8-$9 USD/6pack).

mabudonicus
07-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Thanks for all the fine wishes- it is pretty darn Canadian here right now, moreso than usual....
If anything really exciting happens, I'll be sure to snap a pic, but I have a feeling it's gonna be a pretty low-key day overall, BBQ on every deck or patio and beautiful sunny weather, truly an excellent day :beard: Iso & Baws

Hopefully JJ's plan is workin out good :D

Rocketboy
07-01-2007, 10:50 AM
I myself despise Bud Light. I think it is absolutely tasteless and always seems flat.Since when? Besides Molson, that is the only beer I've ever seen you drink on a regular basis.

Canada invented toast.

TeeEye7
07-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Canada invented toast.

French-Canadian toast? ;)

Today's the big day! Don't forget to report in, O Canadians, when the revelry is over! We want to hear every detail on the festivities! :thumbsup:

jjreason
07-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Just got back from the fireworks, we had a very nice (if very family oriented) Canada Day this year. Traveled to London to visit my folks - including my younger brother who came up from Minnesota (with some SW stuff for ol' JJ!) with his girlfriend - then came back after supper and a little baseball watching (sadly no Tigers, but we saw the Jays lose in the last of the 9th to Seattle). By the time we got home, it was straight down to the park for the fireworks - a fairly short show. Now we're back, and the kids are wiped. To finish it off, I'm planning on watching the first episode of John from Cincinatti, to see if I want to get involved in it or not.

EDITED: Canada Day is also another big day on the NHL schedule as free-agent signings can begin in earnest. Too many big name players signed with new teams today - I can only suggest checking out a sports site to get the latest (the Wings lost Mathieu Schneider to the Ducks, but signed Brian Rafalski from the Devils for the next 5 years - so we come out ahead in my books).

Mad Slanted Powers
07-02-2007, 01:50 AM
July 1st is fast approaching.....

.....so, what's on the agenda besides nachos and Molson? :confused:

They all drive down here.

As I was going into Target today, I heard a woman talking on her cell phone saying, "You don't know how much you owe me for going to Costco on a Canadian and American holiday." She kept repeating how much this person owed her. I went to Costco after that, but only bought some juice and was lucky enough to get through a newly opened line.

CaptainSolo1138
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Since when? Besides Molson, that is the only beer I've ever seen you drink on a regular basis.

That's only because that's all the Deuce serves.

jjreason
07-02-2007, 07:50 AM
They all drive down here.

I can see that. Our money's worth more of yours right now than it has been for 30 years - Canuckleheads are going to be doing lots of x-border shopping.

Enjoy us while it lasts! :D

pegger
07-02-2007, 08:58 AM
The scary thing with us....We look JUST LIKE AMERICANS!

Mwaa haa haa

Mad Slanted Powers
07-02-2007, 09:30 AM
The scary thing with us....We look JUST LIKE AMERICANS!

Mwaa haa haaYour license plates give you away!

pegger
07-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Your license plates give you away!

Bah!

You may have won this time.....but we'll be back!

DarthBrandon
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Just got back from the fireworks, we had a very nice (if very family oriented) Canada Day this year. Traveled to London to visit my folks - including my younger brother who came up from Minnesota (with some SW stuff for ol' JJ!) with his girlfriend - then came back after supper and a little baseball watching (sadly no Tigers, but we saw the Jays lose in the last of the 9th to Seattle). By the time we got home, it was straight down to the park for the fireworks - a fairly short show. Now we're back, and the kids are wiped. To finish it off, I'm planning on watching the first episode of John from Cincinatti, to see if I want to get involved in it or not.

Yeah, we did pretty much the same thing jjreason, nice & family oriented. We went to the wife's father's place in Sussex, had a BBQ, didn't get any toys but I came close to picking one up for Brandon's birthday. He was with me so it would have ruined it for him. We played basketball at the courts later on & took the kids to the park, afterwards we watched the fireworks. I have to say they were ten time's better than S.J.'s, Sussex folks know how to spread them out & not drop their wad in one shot sort a speak. Finally we got some more junk food & drove home, & arrived at midnight so we all went to bed. (Good times):thumbsup::D:yes:

mabudonicus
07-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Well, all's we got up to was hosting a meet-up of our Carnivorous Plants club- we had folks fro all over southern Ontario, it was a real good time- the last guest left after 6, then Ange and I just hung around eating snacks and stuff, listened to the local fireworks but since our odggie doesn't much like tham, we mostly had to just make sure the dog was mellow. All in all we had an awesome day, with more to follow :beard: Iso & Baws

TeeEye7
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
All in all we had an awesome day, with more to follow :beard: Iso & Baws

.....and how did Lanny like Canada Day? ;)

TeeEye7
06-30-2008, 03:19 AM
Well.....tomorrow is the big day!

My advice: be sure to get your "supplies" early before the stores close!

.....and then report back after the 1st on how the celebrations went! :yes:

We have inquiring minds, ya know!

Mad Slanted Powers
06-30-2008, 10:02 AM
Some started early. There were a lot of RV's with Canadian plates at the Wal-Mart on Saturday.

mabudonicus
06-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Oyes, I am getting things lined up today- I'm on hiatus from business (mostly due to the 4th of july making things idle on thurdsay and friday) and all's I have to accomplish today is securing our stores and uploading some pics, so Canada Day is going to go smoothly- after my failure at the cave last year I have something to make up for- although I managed to get hammered anyways thanks to a large bottle of whiskey that made a fine bargaining tool in my quest for beers...

I will take pics, and maybe some video to share- I snagged some weird Lanny audio the other night but it's a tad to hard to make out
:beard: Iso&Baws

Oyes Canada Day is usually some kind of fun- too bad the guy I usually party with is in jail indefinitely :(

TeeEye7
07-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Happy Canada Day O Canadian Friends!

Is still possible to "stand on guard for thee" after drinking so much?

Dar' Argol
07-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Aye! Happy Canada Day to all you crazy Canadians!!! Hope your day is fun!

CaptainSolo1138
07-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Happy birthday, Canuckistan! (http://www.tshirtmagic.com/stock_designs/tr0610x.gif)

Is it just a coincidence that Canada Day is the same as the first day of NHL free agency?

Jargo
07-01-2008, 09:09 AM
oh you young nations and your frolicks.

CaptainSolo1138
07-01-2008, 09:47 AM
oh you young nations and your frolicks.The UK is the bitter old man on the block who yells at us to get off of his lawn.;)

Jargo
07-01-2008, 10:58 AM
damn right. well usually it's those damned Australians from two blocks down. with their flipflops and tinnies and hippy hair. They'll never amount to anything. mark my words.

Jedi_Kal-El
07-01-2008, 11:22 AM
The UK is the bitter old man on the block who yells at us to get off of his lawn.;)

Understatement of the year.:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-01-2008, 05:21 PM
We have ways of making your pronounce the letter "U." :twisted:

Jargo
07-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Now now. run along and play nicely. and if you're very good, we might forgive you boys for the baby boom during World War II.

pegger
07-02-2008, 07:10 AM
Thanks guys - I took Monday off - so I had a four day weekend. Took the kids to the Canada Day parade - enjoyed the sun, the beer and the free time. I've got quite the farmer's tan this AM.

Wow...10 years ago, that would have read considerably different....

CaptainSolo1138
07-02-2008, 08:32 AM
Now now. run along and play nicely. and if you're very good, we might forgive you boys for the baby boom during World War II.I thought we made up for that on D-Day? We were sticking our wieners in German asses while Monty decided it was a good time to stop for a spot of tea.

Jargo
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Actually Monty was more likely shoving his weiner somewhere. lol

CaptainSolo1138
07-02-2008, 10:49 AM
Actually Monty was more likely shoving his weiner somewhere. lol
Just for sh*ts and giggles, I looked him up on wikipedia and found quite the contrary to be true:

"...argued against the legalisation of homosexuality in the United Kingdom, arguing that the Sexual Offences Act 1967 was a "charter for buggery" and that "this sort of thing may be tolerated by the French, but we're British thank God." It is claimed - probably mythically - that he said while addressing the House of Lords "As God said - and I do think very rightly . . ."The bolding is mine, since that line is absolutely hilarious.

mabudonicus
07-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Went off without a hitch!!
We strode uptown for a couple hours in the PM, went to a relatively classy brewpub and had some good pints and food. ALMOST got the opportunity to beat the stuffings out of some stupid Lanny who was being VERY obnoxious, he was trying to drunkenly talk to us and I tired of him right away and told him so. He decided to get pushy and at the same time falsely apologetic, and made the SERIOUS mistake of actually putting his hand on my shoulder. One of the bartenders (both of whom were instantly aware that this guy was looking for trouble and had been watching nervously) saw this out of the corner of his eye and shot in worried glance at that juncture, but I just tensed up and said "do NOT touch me- 2 rules, no touching me, NO bugging me"

He started muttering threats and I just kepy lookin away from him at Elf (who was also basically sitting there waiting for the guy to TRULY ask for it)

I was thinking it was prety much gonna end real badly for the guy when he slams his empty glass down and demands "another" Molson Canadian (which is funny since they only serve their own house-made beer and local microbrews) when the dude bartender suggested he leave. The guy argued his drunken case for a sec then decided to give us one more shot of surly by asking "what's the best way out of this F-ing town". The Bartender suggested a bus, but the guy replied "I don't need no F-ing bus"

He left without incident, which was too bad but at least no-body got in any legal trouble, tho since the place is owned by my friend and everyone who was witness knew the guy was barking up the wrong tree, I think I probably wouldn't have had any worries if we took the idiot outside.

:beard: Iso & Baws
Oyes, a classic Canada Day

Jargo
07-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Just for sh*ts and giggles, I looked him up on wikipedia and found quite the contrary to be true:
The bolding is mine, since that line is absolutely hilarious.

perhaps not. http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4142165,00.html lol

Also apologies for this side conversation. Hope you Canadian boys had a great day. Though i don't approve of the over indulgence in alcomaholic beverages personally I can allow for specific celebratory occasions. provided one cleans up the vomit after oneself.

CaptainSolo1138
07-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Oyes, a classic Canada Day
Jeff Finger agrees with you.

perhaps not. http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Ar...142165,00.html He always was a snappy dresser. Thanks for sharing that link, though. I had never heard rumblings suggesting that about him.

mabudonicus
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh Jargo, there was no vomitus or extreme overindulgence-we DID drink plenty of beer, but at the correct pace so as to wind out the evening drinking water and hanging out on the porch listening to the fireworks going off all over the place- there was this one display that sounded like hell on earth, me and my buddy literaly just looked at each other with expressions of delighted disbelief for much of the last bit of the display.

Thanks for the good wishes tho, everyone :D
:beard: Iso&Baws

Mabu-Con might be a LITTLE different story

TeeEye7
07-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Happy Canada Day!

To all you North of the Border SSG Canuckleheads that we all know and love: have a great day and celebrate safely! :love:

:beard: Iso&Baws&topes

The LeBourveau side of me (my mom's side of the family) gets all tingly this time of year! Must be the French Canadian in me! :yes:

Blue2th
07-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Had no idea what Canada Day was till I looked it up.
Used to be called Dominion Day, for the unification of all of Canada's provinces.

Anyways, happy aforementioned.

Ji'dai
07-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Canadians have their own day now? Jeez!

mtriv73
07-01-2009, 02:31 PM
I think we should lobby the Federal Government to make it a paid holiday in the US.

Ji'dai
07-01-2009, 02:59 PM
But every day is Canada Day! They're the neighbors of the planetary superpower for gods' sake. It's like living on the slope of Mount Olympus.

mabudonicus
07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Ahh thank you for thinking of us!!

A pretty quiet day up here in Canada, at least where we're at- I would think people would be surprised to know that we walked around downtown for roughly a whole hour on a fruitless quest to find a bar that was both open and not the worst dive in town. We gave up and went back to said dive (Mikado for those who know) and had a consolation beer then headed back here for some wholesales, waiting to see who might drop by to hang with us in the later PM
As for the Mount Olympus thing, my comments to that would drag this sucker somewhere I'd rather it didn't end up :D More like living next to the worlds biggest Wal Mart

pbarnard
07-01-2009, 03:33 PM
:D More like living next to the worlds biggest Wal Mart

But we don't say bad things about Winapeg...or at least my brother didn't when living in North Dakota.

LaBatt's or Molson, followed by Grey Goose. Oh the choices. :thumbsup:

Ji'dai
07-01-2009, 03:58 PM
More like living next to the worlds biggest Wal Mart Since more Americans work there than anywhere else that's pretty appropriate.

Blue2th
07-01-2009, 05:39 PM
...yeah and they're sleeping in the Walmart parking lots now. :sur:

bobafrett
07-01-2009, 06:37 PM
Hey, I work at Wal-Mart! #%&*@#$%. Anyhew, how is it that Canadian day is so close to our independence day? I'm gonna go home, and put on some Rush, and some early Brian Adams to celebrate.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Happy Canada Day you hosers!

TeeEye7
07-02-2009, 12:18 PM
So..........how were the celebrations?

Everyone still have their fingers and toes?

mabudonicus
07-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh heck yes, nothing out-of-hand went down, had a few friends over and had some laughs and went to bed like usual- this weekend should be far more dangerous overall, if I remember to take any "normal" pics I will share them here, got a little adventure planned which will involve power tools, beer and being in the middle of nowhere ;)

Oyes headin out to the boonies

Darth Duranium
07-02-2009, 03:09 PM
We celebrated with a few Canadian Club Classics and Canada Dry Ginger Ale... getting hammered once in a while is an important part of living in The Great White North. Had a couple of Bloody Caesars as well... never realised we were so slobberingly patriotic until we raided the liquor cabinet... except that we won't drink Canuck beer! No structural damage to the house during our celebrations, remarkably.

BTW, I've always wanted to nuke Winnipeg... everyone I've met from there annoyed me.:D

I'd like to thank our American brethren for not bringing up "Canadian bacon" for once... we can deal with the standard Rush/Adams comments. BTW, it's called back bacon, eh.:D

JimJamBonds
07-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Dang I forgot this year, well hopefully I listened to BNL on the day in question.

pbarnard
07-02-2009, 03:20 PM
BTW, I've always wanted to nuke Winnepeg... everyone I've met from there annoyed me.:D

I'd like to thank our American brethren for not bringing up "Canadian bacon" for once... we can deal with the standard Rush/Adams comments. BTW, it's called back bacon, eh.:D

Which brings the more important question, would anybody know or miss it if one did? :bandit:

Damn, have to wait 364 days to bring out Anne Muarry jokes again.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-02-2009, 06:55 PM
BTW, I've always wanted to nuke Winnipeg... everyone I've met from there annoyed me.:DIsn't Randy Bachman from Winnipeg? He used to have a mansion in the county here close to the border.

Darth Duranium
07-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Never met him.:D

But if he were lost in the mushroom cloud, it'd just be taking care of business.

TeeEye7
07-01-2010, 03:55 AM
ATTENTION:
Mabudonicus
JJReason
Pegger
Darth Brandon
Darth Hiatus

HAPPY CANADA DAY!
:D With salutations from my French-Canadian heritage!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2010, 03:46 PM
But I thought this was New Fiscal Year's Day, eh?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-01-2010, 04:08 PM
I wonder if people in Canada wonder, "Do people in the United States celebrate the 1st of July?"

Darth Duranium
07-01-2010, 04:51 PM
Thanks TeeEye! Happy Canada Day to you (and everybody) , too! Make sure you have a frosty beverage today and salute your French Canadian roots. Poutine is optional. ;)

I wonder if people in Canada wonder, "Do people in the United States celebrate the 1st of July?"

Only Terrance and Phillip wonder about that. And maybe Celine Dion. :thumbsup:

mabudonicus
07-01-2010, 11:22 PM
Oyes, best Canada Day so far, gotta put the house up for sale ASAP and no fun whatsoever on this day for me dammit
:beard: Iso&Baws&Topes
SOnoes a pure stinker for me but it IS the B-Day of Canada so WOOOOOOOOOOO I guess

bobafrett
07-02-2010, 06:35 PM
I so want to buy the DVD from the best product Canada ever produced, RusH.!

They have a Documentary, "Beyond the lighted stage".........I MUSt have it, but Wal-Fart doesn't sell it.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-02-2010, 07:42 PM
I just read in Entertainment Weekly that they got a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Then, to be funny, it said, "The Canadian power trio were originally supposed to get one on 4/4, but then it switched to 5/4 and all the way to 11/8 before winding up on 6/8."

JimJamBonds
07-02-2010, 11:11 PM
I so want to buy the DVD from the best product Canada ever produced, RusH.!

They have a Documentary, "Beyond the lighted stage".........I MUSt have it, but Wal-Fart doesn't sell it.

They showed Beyond the lighted stage the other night (I don't recall the channel) and it was pretty good.

Lord Malakite
07-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Oyes, best Canada Day so far, gotta put the house up for sale ASAP
Figures Canada would kick you out. They don't look too fondly on smuggling US maple syrup and Slicker's Mom across the border. :D

bobafrett
07-03-2010, 06:20 AM
They showed Beyond the lighted stage the other night (I don't recall the channel) and it was pretty good.

I think I caught the last half hour of it on one of the VH1 channels. Wasn't sure if it was from the documentary, or perhaps an earlier video.

TeeEye7
07-04-2010, 03:21 PM
Was the Queen being "fashionably late" or did her invitation to Canada Day get lost in the mail?

....and what's up with wearing the lamp shade, Liz?

TeeEye7
07-02-2011, 03:55 AM
H a p p y C a n a d a D a y ! !

(Belatedly...sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday...)

Mad Slanted Powers
07-02-2011, 12:13 PM
And many of them will be down here this weekend, more so than usual.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Having visited Vancouver and Victoria to end my vacation last week, I now feel a kinship to the land of the north. Happy Canada Day, Canada-ians!

TeeEye7
07-01-2012, 02:01 PM
happy canada day!

(This thread has as many responses as all of last year so far...and by two Americans!)

TeeEye7
07-01-2013, 03:40 AM
Happy Canada Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OOI8zw3X5s

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2013, 10:18 AM
True patriot love. And maple syrup.

TeeEye7
07-02-2013, 03:27 AM
...once again, no comments from our neighbors to our north on this thread...

At least my Canadian heritage is in tact....I'LL carry the day!!! (My great-grandfather was from Montreal!)

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2013, 11:17 AM
I think my family has eaten enough Canadian bacon that their arteries are caked with Canadian-ness, or the couples who honeymooned at Niagara Falls; that's all the heritage I have. Eh.

TeeEye7
07-01-2014, 02:02 PM
Happy Canada Day to all our SSGers in the Great White North!

Bel-Cam Jos
07-01-2014, 03:19 PM
I'd have celebrated it more, if USA weren't playing soccer today; maybe I would have eaten a Belgian waffle with maple syrup, eh?

JimJamBonds
07-01-2014, 09:09 PM
I'd have celebrated it more, if USA weren't playing soccer today; maybe I would have eaten a Belgian waffle with maple syrup, eh?Should've played field hockey.

Bel-Cam Jos
07-02-2014, 12:56 AM
Actually I did participate in the lamest Canadian joke of all time: I drank Canada dry... a can of the ginger ale soda, that is!

JimJamBonds
07-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Actually I did participate in the lamest Canadian joke of all time: I drank Canada dry... a can of the ginger ale soda, that is!
Which is made by an American company...my company actually.