PDA

View Full Version : Rambo 4

Kidhuman
07-01-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah, trailer on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Q4Ef2trjQ

Rocketboy
07-01-2007, 12:45 AM
The trailer has been around for a while now. Nothing too impressive.

El Chuxter
07-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Rocky VI.

Die Hard IV.

Indy IV.

And now Rambo IV.

Yeesh.

The stupid jokes are just too obvious to actually make.

TeeEye7
07-01-2007, 11:34 AM
Rocky VI.

Die Hard IV.

Indy IV.

And now Rambo IV.

Yeesh.

The stupid jokes are just too obvious to actually make.

Oh, no they're not!

Corporate sponsor for all listed above: Depends
:p

General_Grievous
07-01-2007, 11:44 AM
What was up with that trailer? It looked like it was made in the '80s, not to mention the fact that it was three and a half minutes long.

Rocketboy
07-01-2007, 12:58 PM
Rocky VI.

Die Hard IV.

Indy IV.

And now Rambo IV.

Yeesh.

The stupid jokes are just too obvious to actually make.Not quite as bad as the #3 this year:
Spider-man
Pirates
Shrek
Ocean's
Bourne
Rush Hour

Caesar can't wait for Police Academy 8

2-1B
07-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Very un-Hollywood type trailer but that movie looks to be tons of fun ! Ripping out that guy's throat was unexpected for a trailer and did he cut off that other fella's head ??? If it wasn't so clearly an aged Sly, I would declare that trailer a fake...but wow if that's real then I'm sure it will tank but it looks like it could be cool. It makes me want to go back and watch Rambo First Blood Part II

Why though did he call this one John Rambo? I think it is too recycled of a name as Rocky Balboa was for Rocky 6...I'm gonna see this though and if it comes out the same time as Indy 4, I'm seeing this one first without question.

JimJamBonds
07-02-2007, 12:30 AM
What happened to Miss Joanie Stubbs?

2-1B
07-02-2007, 09:51 PM
she is in the David Milch program John Rambo from Cincinatti...I can see how you would be confused.

lol

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 04:00 AM
Jeez, when did Rambo become Jason Voorhees? I haven't seen that much blood in a trailer in 20 years.

And Rambo sad! What the f? This looks way too overwrought emotionally.

pbarnard
07-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Jeez, when did Rambo become Jason Voorhees? I haven't seen that much blood in a trailer in 20 years.

Cuz his HGH was taken from him. Rambo sad without his injections.

JediTricks
07-03-2007, 04:26 PM
They used to harvest HGH from human corpses - true story! That's what Lyle Alzado was taking for years when it gave him brain cancer.

Qui-Long Gone
07-04-2007, 10:41 AM

Isn't that sort of always the tone in the Rambo movies?

He had a rough go fleeing to Canada during the Vietn....of wait I'm confusing the actor with the character....sorry...

2-1B
07-04-2007, 12:11 PM

You must not have seen his emotional breakdown in the first movie...you know, the good one that they made before turning him into a superhero for the sequels. :)

JediTricks
07-05-2007, 11:22 PM
No, that's different, those are restrained and raw, these trailer shots look very stagy and movie-of-the-week.

2-1B
07-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Gottcha, I thought you were coming at it from a different perspective than that. You got a valid point, JT. :)

Qui-Long Gone
07-06-2007, 11:25 AM
movie-of-the-week.

Don't you mean Lifetime movie-of-the-week?

He was told his daugher was killed during his time in Vietnam, but this time John Rambo will experience something he's never known....fatherhood. Sylvester Stalone and Valerie Bertinelli star in Rambo 4: First Bloodline....

Tycho
10-12-2007, 05:02 AM
I was talking to my friend on the phone regarding this movie.

He's a huge Sylvester Stallone fan and even calls himself Rocky (kind of looks like him, too).

Yeah, Rambo is cool. The movie takes place in Burma he said. In Burma today, there is a huge human rights issue about the monks being massacred by the government for trying to peacefully bring about democratic reforms.

The movie might be very socio-political relevant. I can hope. Sly will bring around his incredible articulation to the role no doubt.

Wouldn't it be cool if Michael Bay got to direct this movie?

Qui-Long Gone
10-15-2007, 06:32 PM
All I have to say is Rambo and missionaries...

HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG?

....the Passion of the Rambo

JimJamBonds
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Sly will bring around his incredible articulation to the role no doubt.

Are you talking about when he is marbled mouthed and mumbling?

Tycho
10-24-2007, 12:52 AM
Are you talking about when he is marbled mouthed and mumbling?

Yes! That sounds like such an authentic speech impediment, doesn't it?

Sly's incredible when he does that.

JimJamBonds
10-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Yes! That sounds like such an authentic speech impediment, doesn't it?

Sly's incredible when he does that.

If by incredible you mean "I hit the CC button on my remote" then yes I agree.

2-1B
10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
I saw an All Ages trailer for this before Saw 4 ... I am excited. The trailer was odd though, they showed the title as "Rambo" so I guess it doesn't have an official title yet ?

How effing funny would that be if they called it just Rambo, though ? :D
The series would go as such:

First Blood
Rambo First Blood part II
Rambo III
Rambo

Damnit that would be hilarious if part 4 had the same title as part 2, minus the part 2 part of course. :crazed:

Kidhuman
12-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Rambo 4 on Jan. 25th. Just saw the commercial

JediTricks
12-08-2007, 01:49 AM
What the hell is with that release date? It's like the studio is trying to bury it, they must have NO faith in it or something. This should have been either an xmas release or a summer release for sure. Idiots. It's gonna do a little business at first and then drop off in a couple weeks.

2-1B
12-08-2007, 04:16 AM
The January release date is ALMOST as ridiculous as the title...I still can't get over that. lol

Can't wait to see this, though. :grin:

JediTricks
12-09-2007, 02:47 AM
After "Rocky Balboa", I was certain it'd be just "Rambo". They found out that audiences don't really like sequels with numbers in the title.

decadentdave
12-09-2007, 02:59 AM
I prefer "John Rambo" better. It's more about getting back to the roots of the character ala "Rocky Balboa." Plain old "Rambo" is too close to "Rambo:First Blood Part II."

JimJamBonds
12-09-2007, 11:10 AM
I saw an All Ages trailer for this before Saw 4 ...

An all ages trailer before a movie in which some dude puts people into traps that at best chops off a limb? WTF!!!

2-1B
12-09-2007, 05:46 PM
After "Rocky Balboa", I was certain it'd be just "Rambo". They found out that audiences don't really like sequels with numbers in the title.

I get the fact that audiences don't like sequel numbers but WHY would they give it the same title as 2 films before it ??? :confused:

"Rambo: Insert Whatever Subtitle You Want Here" would be fine...I just don't understand part 4 having LESS of a title than part 2. :crazed:

JediTricks
12-12-2007, 12:46 AM
I get the fact that audiences don't like sequel numbers but WHY would they give it the same title as 2 films before it ??? :confused:

"Rambo: Insert Whatever Subtitle You Want Here" would be fine...I just don't understand part 4 having LESS of a title than part 2. :crazed:
My favorite subtitle in the series is "III" in "Rambo III". :p

decadentdave
12-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Could be worse. They could have called it "Rambo and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls." lol