PDA

View Full Version : Podracing?

Fulit
02-07-2002, 11:12 AM
The Official Site says there will be podracing in E2. There wasn't in any of the scripts/scriptments I've read. ??????????

Bosskman
02-07-2002, 11:13 AM
The official site just announced that there will be Poracing in AOTC! I haven't heard anything about this before but it's straight from the horse's mouth. It has to be when Anakin and Padme go back to Tatooine. Maybe Watto tells them that the Lars' are in town to see a Pod Race, and they go to the Arena to meet them or something only to find out that Scmi decided to stay home and go picking Hubba Gourds (those aweful races). I don't think it will show much though. I just hope Jabba makes an appearance. He's probably my 2nd favorite characyter after Vader. (they don't even have an decent action figure of him yet after 7 years) Anyways, this could be the perfect opportunity for Anakin to do something to **** off Jabba enuf for him to have a hate-on for the Jedi by ROTJ. I hope so anyways.

bigbarada
02-07-2002, 11:26 AM
If podracing is shown, I highly doubt it will be the 13 minute screentime hog that we saw in Ep1. Maybe it will just be mentioned and, at most, glimpsed in the background.

master jedi
02-07-2002, 12:10 PM
The scripts/scriptments are either false or aren't telling every little detail.

I'm thinking that podracing will either be in the background or Anakin may attend a podrace while he's on Tatooine.

JEDIpartner
02-07-2002, 12:37 PM
Anakin stops by the races when he is on Tatooine so he can kick Sebulba's bony little butt! :D

Co Jo-Da
02-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Anakin stops by the races when he is on Tatooine so he can kick Sebulba's bony little butt! :D

That would be AWESOME...

evenflow
02-07-2002, 02:26 PM
I dont think it is going to be a major scene again. I think he may go to one while on Tatooine, but that's about it.

Fulit
02-07-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, they have said Sebulba will be in it, so maybe he goes to the race to kick Sebulba's ***. That might be cool.

Bosskman
02-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Maybe Sebulba is the first recipient of Vader's infamous choking action.

Lord Tenebrous
02-07-2002, 05:39 PM
I'm sure this is just a cut/establishing scene. Just as Naboo established on the Theed Palace, and Coruscant established on lots of ships and buildings, Tatooine will probably be established to the audience by a few pods racing in the desert as Anakin and Padme approach Mos Espa...

Battle Droid
02-07-2002, 07:20 PM
Maybe Anakin will see someone racing in his Pod, he did sell it in Ep1 to Sebulba right? Or at least in one of the comics he sold it to Sebulba.

GNT
02-08-2002, 03:50 AM
I believe it is refering to the Obi/Anakin vs Zam Wesell speeder chase through the coruscant skys on you guessed it Coruscant!

Fulit
02-08-2002, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by GNT
I believe it is refering to the Obi/Anakin vs Zam Wesell speeder chase through the coruscant skys on you guessed it Coruscant!

Yeah, but those aren't pods, they're SPEEDERS. Get with it, man. :D

Nataku
02-08-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by GNT

I can just picture it:

While Obi-Wan holds on for dear life during the chase , Anakin flips his speeder and says to Kenobi...

wait for it

"Wizards! Now THIS is podracing. Yippee!"

:)

Beast
02-08-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Nataku
I can just picture it:
While Obi-Wan holds on for dear life during the chase , Anakin flips his speeder and says to Kenobi...wait for it
"Wizards! Now THIS is podracing. Yippee!":)

Oh dear gods no.... that line in the immortal words of Jar Jar Binks was "stinkowiff" in Episode 1. I don't mind a few things popping up from movie to movie, like the "I have a bad feeling about this" line. But almost nothing Anakin said in Episode 1 should be brought back for EII. Especially not that one...*shudder* :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
02-09-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Yeah, but those aren't pods, they're SPEEDERS. Get with it, man. :D

It depends on your point of view,Anakin in his Hotrod against Zam in her pod speeder is probobly what they are talking about :)

Co Jo-Da
02-09-2002, 02:19 AM
OK, we know there is a Speeder Chase throughout Coruscant. Podracing will probably be seen on Tatooine when Anakin and Padme first arrive at Mos Espa but you never know, Anakin and Sebulba could go head to head to settle an old score…

GNT
02-09-2002, 09:54 PM
Remember Podracing does happen on other planets as well,not just Tatooine :)

Co Jo-Da
02-10-2002, 12:30 PM
I forgot, maybe we'll see a PodRace on Geonosis or even better one during the Arena Battle...

Jedi Clint
02-10-2002, 02:16 PM
I can't see pod racing taking place on Kamino. The events that take place on Geonosis don't seem to allow for any glimpses of podracing, but it could happen. IMO the best place for a glimpse at this sport in AOTC would be when Anakin and Padme leave the lars homestead the day after they get there. It seems like it would be symbolic of Anakin leaving his youth behind. We could get a nice overhead shot of the stadium and a few pods passing the crowd of fans. Or as previously mentioned in an overhead shot during their arrival. Another spot (although you'd think they would hold the races earlier in the day) would be when Anakin races off into the desert to find his mom. Or perhaps on their way out to the Lars homestead, they cross paths with a few racers. One way or they other, I bet we see them on Tatooine.

Co Jo-Da
02-10-2002, 11:21 PM
I just hope that whole Podracing-thing on Tatooine isn't a tie-in for the video game Racer Revenge.

GNT
02-11-2002, 02:07 AM
I've also heard people mention the podrace could be seen on the TV screens in the Coruscant Bar.

But one thing is for sure,we wont know untill we see the movie

Co Jo-Da
02-11-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by GNT
I've also heard people mention the podrace could be seen on the TV screens in the Coruscant Bar.

How many bars does Anakin go into?:crazed:

GNT
02-12-2002, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
How many bars does Anakin go into?:crazed:

I mean the bar thing in which Zam loses an arm :)That bar or nightclub,depending on your view

Co Jo-Da
02-12-2002, 12:34 PM
I was hoping GL would paint Anakin as a drunk and that helps his fall to the DARK SIDE (of the bottle)...:crazed:

Jargo
02-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Well what if it isn't pod or 'rod racing. What if it's blob racing? Think about that did you? I think that it's most likely Tatooine that has the pods as Anakin and Padme come in to land. As the step out of the ship a pod goes racing past in the background with possibly a recovery droid flying overhead to pick up the bits of a crashed pod. just background filler to cover the boring getting in and out of ships that George likes to film endlessly. Just a fleeting shot or two in the background is cool though. a little continuity at least if it happens. And it would be really cool to see Anakin pound the hell out of a drunk and washed out Sebulba. Givin' the Dug a few digs would be very very cool! :cool: :D

Battle Droid
02-17-2002, 04:58 AM
Here's most likely where it'll be seen.

Nightclubs provide the best form of Entertainment. Live Performers and Gaming Rooms featuring Pod Racing and dancing Twi’lek’s keep the crowds amused. Drinks are available from the bars and Death Sticks can be found amongst the most unsavoury of patrons.

So I guess it's similar as to us watching car racing on TV.

Got that from,

http://www.episode-x.com

mark2d2
02-17-2002, 06:03 AM
Actually, if the quote you're all referring to is the one from Vanity Fair -- then I think you're all WAY off base. When Lucas was saying that there's a pod race, he was being metaphoric --- meaning that there is a huge action chase scene. And as several of you already pointed out --- this would be the speeder pursuit on Coruscant.

So, I seriously doubt will see any podracing whatsoever. That'd be pretty boring. Not to mention redundant. Rather like if he'd decided to set the opening scenes of Return of the Jedi on Hoth. Or had Han and Leia dive into Bespin's Trash Compactors . . . while being chased by Vader in ESB.

Jedi Clint
02-17-2002, 01:20 PM
The official site had an ask the Jedi Council question recently:

Will there be pod racing in E2?

Yes.

The initial post of this topic mentioned where the information was from.

mark2d2
02-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Oh. Actually, the initial post was rather vague about where on the official site this info was. (I never found it there.)

But I guess it is true.

Frankly, for me, this does NOT bode particularly well for Episode II.

Lucas has this annoying penchant for recycling lately. And sadly -- it is rare that it's anything I actually like. Such as TIE BOMBERS or AQUALISH or HAMMERHEADS . . .

Co Jo-Da
02-18-2002, 02:15 AM
What if the "Pod Race" is completely missed (like in the background) when we see the movie in May...

Slicker
02-19-2007, 08:55 PM
I think GNT is correct. I've read EVERYTHING SuperShadow has put up and the bar scenario sounds the most plausible.

SuperShadow is by the far the leading authority on all things Star Wars so I'm going with him.:)

2-1B
02-19-2007, 10:02 PM
The AOTC novel had podracing on Tatooine when Ani and Padme brought down the yacht to look for Shmi.

That'd be pretty boring. Not to mention redundant. Rather like if he'd decided to set the opening scenes of Return of the Jedi on Hoth.

Or if he'd decided to set the opening scenes of Return of the Jedi on Tatooine.

CaptainSolo1138
02-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Or if he'd decided to set the opening scenes of Return of the Jedi on Tatooine.Or if all three preqs opened with people on ships.

2-1B
02-19-2007, 11:38 PM
Or if all 6 movies had lightsabers in them.

Slicker
02-20-2007, 12:57 AM
Or if they all had C-3PO...or R2-D2...or Obi-Wan...