PDA

View Full Version : Flight of the Conchords

Kidhuman
07-01-2007, 09:53 PM
Anyone else watching this show? It is pretty damn funny. I missed the first one, but the 2nd and third have been pretty funny. The songs they sing have me laughing, the BOOM king was damn funny.

UKWildcat
07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
Anyone else watching this show? It is pretty damn funny. I missed the first one, but the 2nd and third have been pretty funny. The songs they sing have me laughing, the BOOM king was damn funny.

I thought the first episode was meh.; I freakin' loved the second episode.:thumbsup: Haven't seen the third one yet (on vacation).

Murray is f'ing awesome. That guy cracks me up. The "chicken and the egg" bit about killed me. Also, the whole thing with Bret vs. The Tape, pros and cons. lol. Murray and the toothbrush fence. lol. The box that cost $6 and how he is owed 12%. lol. Did I mention the Tape? That was great. Jemaine's little contraption of Bret playing the guitar was quite funny as well. Yeah, I'm really diggin' this show, but mainly because of the second episode; like I said, I thought it was hilarious. The BOOM song was great, and that chick was really hot in a 'girl next door' type of way. Murray is king; he totally makes this show in my opinion; as long as he's on the show, I'll watch. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Definitely looking forward to more eps. of FOTCs!

Hellboy
07-04-2007, 01:57 PM
I've only watched the first episode and yeah it was just meh. Have the next 2 on my DVR but haven't felt compelled to watch them yet.

UKWildcat
07-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I thought episode 3 was good, not as good as the second episode, but I still enjoyed it. Love me some Murray. lol

Kidhuman
07-06-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm the BOOM KING!!!! Still cracks me up.

Kidhuman
07-07-2007, 08:24 PM
I caught the first episode last night and it cracked me up. The show is damn funny, bottom line, Murray or no Murray. Here is a link to all their music videos on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT5AQIlmM0I

UKWildcat
07-07-2007, 08:43 PM
The show is damn funny, bottom line, Murray or no Murray.

But ya gotta love some Murray!!! ;)

Checking out the vids now. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
07-07-2007, 08:51 PM
I love me some Murray, no doubt.

I found a bunch of there music online and DL'd it UK. If ya head to AIM, I can send it to you.

UKWildcat
07-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Another good episode tonight. I'm really digging this show. Funny stuff.

Murray was on a roll again tonight. Murrayland. lol. "Compartment". His bad news about Jermaine's planet was hilarious: "About 4 million years ago." lol :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
07-16-2007, 06:08 AM
I have the last 2 shows DVR'd but havent watched them yet, sometime this week I will catch up.

UKWildcat
07-16-2007, 10:39 PM
I have the last 2 shows DVR'd but havent watched them yet, sometime this week I will catch up.

Definitely watch them and post your thoughts kh. I thought this past episode was just hilarious. Excellent stuff. It's official, I love this show! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
07-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Pretty solid episode again last night. Not as funny as the previous ep. but still good.

Kidhuman
07-24-2007, 07:22 AM
I watched the previous two eps and they were damn funny. Murray and his bandshell tour killed me. Those shorts were down right retro. Havent gotten to the new one as it is on the DVR, but I have a week off and will catch it later this week.

UKWildcat
07-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Tonight's episode was awesome, one of the best ones this season imo (of course I like them all...).

The whole fruit stand thing was great.

Murray and his love for the Tech girl was awesome. It was good to see a Murray music video too. :thumbsup:

Ahhh... great show, great show indeed...

UKWildcat
08-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Another good episode tonight, with some pretty solid music videos.

The chick using Bret was just downright crazy, and wrong too. lol

Jemaine is something else.

Murray, love this guy, as you know. Curious as to what happened to his new computer though. :confused: lol Him prying into their personal lives w/ their girlfriends was great.

You still with this show kh?

BTW - Watched the first 5 episodes last night with the brother. He had never seen an episode before, just funny/stand out moments that I have shown him. Anyways, it was great to revisit the show and they were still just as funny. Oh yeah, brother loved it and is now hooked. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
08-06-2007, 07:35 AM
I am still a few weeks behind on this show. I have watched the one from 3 weeks ago with the greeting cards last night and was peeing myself. 1986 David Bowie from Labyrinth

Kidhuman
08-13-2007, 07:42 PM
I caught up until last nights episode. The racist show was hilarious. I couldnt stop laughing at it. Albie the Racist Dragon was damn funny.

UKWildcat
08-14-2007, 12:51 PM
I just got around to watching Sunday's episode. Absolutely hilarious. Non-stop hilarity. Quite possibly the funniest episode all season. Everybody was on point; Murray especially. :thumbsup:

I was really excited when I started the episode b/c according to my DVR it was an extended episode (recorded from 10:30-11:15). But, it was a regular length episode followed by a bunch of HBO ads. :( But still, it was a fantastic episode and I don't see how they could possibly top it. I'll definitely be getting the DVD set when it is released, as long as it is anamorphic; kind of worries me because the show is shown in widescreen but it is non-anamorphic. :sad: I hope they bring it back for many more seasons too. Great show, hilarious, very impressed with the first season so far. :thumbsup: And only three more episodes to go...

UKWildcat
08-18-2007, 06:06 PM
HBO is bringing Flight of the Conchords back for a second season!!! (http://www.tvweek.com/news/2007/08/hbo_renews_conchords_entourage.php)

Needless to say, I'm very excited!!! :D :thumbsup:

Hellboy
08-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Glad to hear it got renewed, I love this series. :thumbsup:

Looks like HBO passed on a second season of John from Cincinnati though. Can't say I'm disappointed as I tuned out after about the fifth episode. Just wasn't my cup of tea.

UKWildcat
08-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Glad to hear it got renewed, I love this series. :thumbsup:

Well I'm glad you stuck with this show and are really enjoying it Hellboy. I know you had your doubts after the first episode, as did I, but it's been nothing but stellar the rest of the way. :thumbsup:

Looks like HBO passed on a second season of John from Cincinnati though. Can't say I'm disappointed as I tuned out after about the fifth episode. Just wasn't my cup of tea.

Yeah, I did enjoy John and was sad to hear that it wasn't renewed, but I wasn't shocked in the least; I knew that it had hardly any chance of getting renewed. It had a cult following, much like the fantastic series Carnivale, but when the numbers aren't there, they can the show, no matter how good it really is. :(

Kidhuman
08-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Awesome, this show is downright hilarious. I love the subtle humor in it.

As for JFC, closure would have been good, but I aint sad to see it go. It went all weird after the halfway point. I would have just like to know why and how Mitch was levitating.

Hellboy
08-19-2007, 03:59 PM
As for JFC, closure would have been good

Closure is something HBO has never been concerned with. The way they abandoned Carnivale was a travesty. :frus:

As far as Conchords goes the series just got better and better with each episode. I'm really glad I stuck with it. I really love the relationship between Jermaine, Bret and Murray. The musical interludes are hilarious. I particularly loved the "Bowie" episode. lol

UKWildcat
08-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Closure is something HBO has never been concerned with. The way they abandoned Carnivale was a travesty. :frus:

No doubt. I actually caught part of an episode of Carnivale the other night when flipping through the HBO channels; while I enjoyed the accidental stumble across the outstanding show that once was, I became angry and upset shortly after b/c of its wrongful demise. :mad:

As far as Conchords goes the series just got better and better with each episode. I'm really glad I stuck with it. I really love the relationship between Jermaine, Bret and Murray. The musical interludes are hilarious. I particularly loved the "Bowie" episode. lol

Yeah, the "guys" have a great relationship... indeed. The Bowie episode was great, like kh mentioned earlier, the David Bowie from the Labyrinth was especially awesome. The voice was spot on too. I actually watched Labyrinth several weeks ago (with my niece) and I was thinking to myself, "Where did I just see and hear someone doing a David Bowie impression?", then I remembered the ep. of Conchords. :thumbsup:

Anyways, I enjoyed this past episode and plan on watching it again sometime soon. Murray telling Bret to apologize to Mel for the e-mail that he sent (Murray sent as Bret) about killed me. There were several other great moments but that one immediately came to mind. Like I said, I plan on watching it again.

Only two more episodes left... :sad:

UKWildcat
09-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Well guys, the season is over.... and it was an outstanding one at that. This show completely caught me off guard with how hysterical and good it turned out to be; Flight of the Conchords will definitely be missed, no more Murray. :cry::cry::cry:

I thought the finale was pretty good. I liked the new band members and how they broke away from Bret and Jemaine and became really successful; how it was the Arf Arf song too that Jemaine hated. lol. I about died when Murray pulled up in his new BMW, lol. I liked how they ended the season, pulled a 180 there. However, I hope things get back to "normal" for season 2; The crazy dogs failing, Murry going back to the New Zealand consulate and managing just Bret and Jemaine. :thumbsup: We shall see... can't wait either. Very much looking forward to season 2 and the DVD release, which had damn well better be anamorphic!!! :D

EDIT: Just found the unofficial DVD art for the FOTC dvd release, which is set for November 6th! Awesome! :thumbsup: (still no word if it is anamorphic or not)

UKWildcat
05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
The DVD set is in fact anamorphic, and I purchased it shortly after it was released. :thumbsup:

Last night I finished up a two day marathon of watching the entire first season. Let me say, revisiting this show was just fantastic. Absolutely hysterical.

The second season was originally set to air this fall (Sept. I believe), but it seems like it is going to be pushed back towards the beginning of 2009, January according to some sources (http://www.tv.com/flight-of-the-conchords/show/68719/story/11113.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh&tag=headlines;title;1om_act=convert&om_clk=headlinessh). Flight just released a new CD and have been touring some, so the TV show, since they produce it, is going to be delayed a bit, which is understandable. Their new album I believe debuted at number 3, was the most downloaded album at iTunes, and set some records with regards to a Comedy album. Not too shabby. Glad to see they are doing well!

I'll keep everyone updated as far as the second season goes, but the unofficial word is Jan. 2009. :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
It is early next year according to the HBO rep at my job

UKWildcat
05-06-2008, 05:55 PM
Okay, cool. Thanks for verifying kh.