PDA

View Full Version : Happy Fourth of July!!

bobafrett
07-04-2007, 08:30 AM
I plan on going to a town a couple towns over from where I live to view fireworks. I didn't go the last two years because my mom, who passed away a little over two years ago, loved the ohh's and ahh's of fireworks. Now that I am sharing my life with someone, it will be much easier for me to once again enjoy viewing fireworks.

To our members of SSG who are serving overseas, can you tell us how you celebrated the fourth? Was it just another day, or did your fellow troops do anything special?

pegger
07-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Happy 4th to all my Yankee friends!

Sorry you have drink Coors light or Bud light to celebrate.

Qui-Long Gone
07-04-2007, 09:38 AM
Happy 4th to all my Yankee friends!

Sorry you have drink Coors light or Bud light to celebrate.

What's wrong with cheep beer? Them there is fightn' words....What do you think makes this country so great?!

God bless the USA....or can we still say that? I can't keep up with all the childish b!tch!ng we do in this nation. Apparently they still haven't taken away our rights to be jackholes...

Just for the record. Scorecard: USA 2, UK 0; USA 1, Aliens from Independence Day 0....

General_Grievous
07-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Happy 4th, everyone!

No (live) fireworks tonight for me, since it's supposed to rain here. But once you've seen one fireworks show, you've seen them all, right? Besides, BBQ Ribs for dinner tonight :thumbsup:

Phantom-like Menace
07-04-2007, 12:46 PM
No kidney-filtered domestic US beer for me thanks. I'm not sure what I'll be drinking, but Coors and Bud are off the menu.

Happy fourth, gents! May your cookout food be succulent and tasty, may your beer not be skunky, and may your fireworks not be duds!

pbarnard
07-04-2007, 01:31 PM
The Bostonians made a mistake, throw the American beer in the harbor!!!

Remember, we want before and after pictures of all hands and fingers. We'll see who can't use illegal fireworks properly. Oh, and is it just weird, but being in Iowa and not finding a farmer trying to cash in by selling me sweet corn on the 4th seem strange?

General_Grievous
07-04-2007, 03:13 PM
No kidney-filtered domestic US beer for me thanks. I'm not sure what I'll be drinking, but Coors and Bud are off the menu.

May I suggest a nice frosty Corona?

jjreason
07-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Congrats, ya damn Yankees. :thumbsup:

TeeEye7
07-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Congrats, ya damn Yankees. :thumbsup:

Thanks, JR!

Happy 4th to all as well! As I type this, the family is getting ready to go see the city's Mother of All Fireworks Displays put on by the city fire department. We're in good since we're friends with one of the captains. He gave us primo seats for the night.

As for me, I'm heading off to work tonight in a few hours. Poor me.....I'll be making double time and a half! :thumbsup:

pegger
07-04-2007, 07:27 PM
May I suggest a nice frosty Corona?

LOL - nothing says Happy B-DAY USA like mexican beer....(made with Canadian barley BTW)

JimJamBonds
07-04-2007, 10:11 PM
The 4th is a perfect day to remind everbody that this is our country.

figrin bran
07-05-2007, 01:26 AM
from the east coast
to the west coast
down the dixie highway back home
this is our country

bobafrett
07-05-2007, 06:18 AM
Got to see a band called 7th Heaven,both before and after the fireworks. Watched a decent firworks show, first time since my mom passed. I had my fiance' at my side, so it was all good.

CaptainSolo1138
07-05-2007, 07:16 AM
The family and I had a cookout at my wife's aunt and uncle's in Saginaw. The day started off kinda cool and gray but it got pretty hot and humid by 3 or 4. About 9pm we headed of for the fireworks in Saginaw which, to my surprise, rank as the 5th largest single night display in the U.S. (I've watched them my whole life and never would've guessed it). Got home at 1am and still made it to work at 7 this morning.:thumbsup:

For the record, no Bud Light for me, either. My father-in-law visited a local microbrewery the day before, Arcadia Brewery in Battle Creek, MI, and brought back some tasty barley pops to sample.

mabudonicus
07-05-2007, 08:50 AM
Sounds like you folks did it right, but I imagine more fun will follow this weekend once you all have time to unwind :D

Glad you avoided the "bad stuff", Adam, I don't wanna read about that stuff in the BM thread elsewheres, it CAN make things more fast and loose after all, especially if you had corn on the menu too
:beard: Iso & Baws

Despite being in the country South of mine, Cappy actually lives north of me :D

JimJamBonds
07-05-2007, 10:31 PM
For the record, no Bud Light for me, either. My father-in-law visited a local microbrewery the day before, Arcadia Brewery in Battle Creek, MI, and brought back some tasty barley pops to sample.

"Why don't you go in the back and microbrew me up a batch of f'ing Budweiser because this is America and I am very thirsty!"

- Dennis Leary