PDA

View Full Version : Ann and Tann Gella

Sinscia Fat'o
07-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Ann and Tann Gella the twliek sisters from Poonta Eve pod race, will they ever have figures made? They're interesting looking characters and would be a great addition to the star wars collection, i was hoping for maybe a 2008 2-pack or maybe their addition in a battle pack of some sort of tattione involvement...it would also be a decent place to add in a new sebulba, qui-gon jinn, or even anakin as a child...

jedi master sal
07-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Ann and Tann Gella the twliek sisters from Poonta Eve pod race, will they ever have figures made? They're interesting looking characters and would be a great addition to the star wars collection, i was hoping for maybe a 2008 2-pack or maybe their addition in a battle pack of some sort of tattione involvement...it would also be a decent place to add in a new sebulba, qui-gon jinn, or even anakin as a child...

Actually I do like the idea of these being in a multi/battle pack.

Both Ann and Tann Gella these would be the same sculpt (maybe an ever so slight change on the head to differentiate them)
SA Qui-gon
SA Anakin (w/pod race helmet)
Sebulba
Watto
Kitster

Yes, I know that's 7 figures, but 4 of them are small, with 2 being straight repacks. We desperatey need a SA Qui-gon and this would be a way to make us get the battle pack if they had SA Qui-gon in it. With the Twi-Leks being the same, that's money saved on an additional mold.This would be a good $20-25 set I think.

A guess to the name of the pack might be: Boonta Eve showdown.

It isn't really the showdown between Anakin and Sebulba at that point. However it kind of is between Qui-gon and Watto. So that could work.

-Sal

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Poonta Eve pod race
The Gella twins were involved in this project, although it was a direct-to-DVD movie that was offered late at night on TV and not the similarly-named race that won Anakin Skywalker his freedom.

At any rate, yeah, they need to make these figures. The podrace often gets overlooked but I'd still like to see a few more figures from this sequence, mainly the Gella twins, Ben Quadinaros, Mawhonic, Ratts Tyerell, and Clegg Holdfast (as they were prominently featured in the film).

bigbarada
07-06-2007, 12:40 PM

Both Ann and Tann Gella these would be the same sculpt (maybe an ever so slight change on the head to differentiate them)
SA Qui-gon
Sebulba
Watto
Kitster

Yes, I know that's 7 figures, but 4 of them are small, with 2 being straight repacks. We desperatey need a SA Qui-gon and this would be a way to make us get the battle pack if they had SA Qui-gon in it. With the Twi-Leks being the same, that's money saved on an additional mold.This would be a good $20-25 set I think.

It isn't really the showdown between Anakin and Sebulba at that point. However it kind of is between Qui-gon and Watto. So that could work.

-Sal

If people whine and cry about the $10-12 price tag of the vintage line, can you imagine what the reaction would be if we had to pay $20-25 for an SA Qui-Gonn??? He's important enough of a character to be released on his own card.

Overall, I hate the Battle Packs, mainly because the quality of the figures is always subpar when compared to individually carded releases.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-06-2007, 01:09 PM
A new Qui gon thats SA would se a great pack in, i'm not sure that we need another watto but at this point for the twins and the Qui Gon i would be more than happy to take yet another Watto. A good version of Sebulba would also be appricated, since i hated the cinema scene with the stiff qui gon and the tongued out jar jar...God bless the episode one line.

Personally i do have to agree with Big Barada on the quality of the multipacks figures, it's been noted time and time again why they do it, and thats to keep prices low on our end and theirs, but if the SA qui gon the twlieks, a new Anakin with a little more articulation was in the 25 dollar range i'd be happy to shell it out for them... And why people complain about the price tag of the vintage line i'll never know, the figures you get are detailed and worth it, not to mention the great kenner card to...and the case, and the proof of purchase deals you get as a bonus, im not saying its the greatest price tag for the figures but if you collect star wars figures, and want a great ig-88 or Bossok, Han, Chewie ETC the vintage line is the way to go...since you'll never need another version of the character you buy from that line again.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-08-2007, 12:22 PM
If it's a showdown between Qui-Gon and Watto, then they need to include a chance cube!

While I have no complaints about the price of the vintage figures (the $9.99 price, not the $11.99 that Target charges), there are some figures that many don't feel are the definitive version of the figure. C-3PO is probably the best example. A lot of people aren't liking the new Leia either. Still, on average they are better, and the vintage cardback is nice to have. The case is only good if you don't open them. Since they started heat sealing them, you have to ruin the case to open the figure.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-08-2007, 01:35 PM
A chance cube would be awesome to have.

I also have to agree with you about some of the figures for the vintage line in some degree. 3p0 while lacking in articulation did have good detail. The Leia from ANH i thought was a decent figure. I thought it could have add a better resemblance to carrier fisher, and a little more articulation but other wise it was the best leia from ANH that we've had so far. The bigest gripe i have with any of the vontage figures was Obi Won...no leg articulation...WTF? I wish they would go back and redo his figure and add some articulation to him like Han (Which was awesome), Chewie, Luke, Fett ETC.

Kidhuman
07-08-2007, 02:00 PM

SA Qui-gon
Sebulba
Watto
Kitster

-Sal

This would be a great addition to the "7 Figure Packs" much like the Republic Commando and DS Briefing set. I would buy it.

jedi master sal
07-09-2007, 01:08 AM
This would be a great addition to the "7 Figure Packs" much like the Republic Commando and DS Briefing set. I would buy it.

Thanks KH.

Yeah I think 7 figure sets if done "right" can be easily sold. Not that KBtoys crap either.

It's okay to have a couple of rehashed figs in 7-packs, but there has to be enough new to make us want to buy it.

case in point about the Republic Commando set. Essentially the commandos wher eall the same except for the guns paint app and backpack. But the core fig was the same. Two of the three geonosians were straight repacks and IIRC the third was a repaint. Still the new paint apps made the set new enough to make us want to buy.

The Tatooine set mentioned above makes use of some repacks, but also has repaints, slightly retooled and brand new figs.

Oh on the note of a chance cube, I hope that was a joke about an accessory to Watto, because at the 3 3/4 scale that thing would be a dot... However a life size chance cube for us would make the set really cool, even if the cube itself is rather simple. (Oh and Hasbro would have to weather it too. I don't want a shiny new looking cube.)

Mad Slanted Powers
07-09-2007, 01:19 AM
case in point about the Republic Commando set. Essentially the commandos wher eall the same except for the guns paint app and backpack. But the core fig was the same. Two of the three geonosians were straight repacks and IIRC the third was a repaint. Still the new paint apps made the set new enough to make us want to buy.Plus, the Geonosians are army builder types, so having a few more isn't a problem.

Oh on the note of a chance cube, I hope that was a joke about an accessory to Watto, because at the 3 3/4 scale that thing would be a dot... However a life size chance cube for us would make the set really cool, even if the cube itself is rather simple. (Oh and Hasbro would have to weather it too. I don't want a shiny new looking cube.)The Jawa's droid caller is pretty small. Something about half the size of that might be the scale of a Rubik's cube to Watto. I wouldn't mind if it was permanently affixed to Watto's hand.

jedi master sal
07-09-2007, 12:54 PM
...The Jawa's droid caller is pretty small. Something about half the size of that might be the scale of a Rubik's cube to Watto. I wouldn't mind if it was permanently affixed to Watto's hand.

Yeah, that's about the only way I can see it being done, otherwise there would be collectors lamenting about how they lost their chance cubes.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-09-2007, 02:25 PM
or they could just do interchangeable hands one thats normal and one that snaps in with the chance cube to maximize the character's features.

Tycho
08-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I want Ann and Tan Gella, too.