PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Wave 17 4-Pack

xboywonder
02-07-2002, 11:30 AM
I found this at...www.figuresource.com (http://www.figuresource.com/sw_wave17_4pack.shtml)

Star Wars Wave 17 4-Pack
Hasbro

Description
Not much is known about this case assortment at this time. The case will consist of four (4) brand new and unknown Star Wars action figures packed evenly in each case. This item consists of 1 of each of these figures. This item is scheduled to ship February/March 2002.

Price: $31.96
MSRP: $35.96
Price subject to change

Anyone know anything about this??? They have the Teebo wave listed seperatly.

187-Maul
02-07-2002, 12:37 PM
well I guess the pack contains the e2 preview figs

JEDIpartner
02-07-2002, 12:39 PM
That would be my guess as well!

evenflow
02-07-2002, 02:08 PM
Makes sense to me.

General Veers
02-07-2002, 02:57 PM
Yes this is the EP2 preview wave containing

1x Zam Wessell
1x Jango Fett
1x Clone Trooper
1x R3-T7

:)

xboywonder
02-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Oh I see... They throw "POTJ" on there so that we might actually preorder it...

Beast
02-07-2002, 03:44 PM
Wonder how long they will offer this before they are asked to remove it. Planet Action Figure had the same wave up for pre-order 4-5 weeks ago, no names just "Wave 17" set of 4. And Hasbro requested that they remove them for sale, as there would be no pre-sales of the preview assortment either.

Here is the news from the front page of their site, about Hasbro coming to call about them pre-selling wave 17.

Star Wars Figures Wave 17
Posted Friday, February 1, 2002 by PAF

Very strict rule from Hasbro...NO retailers are permitted to take Presells for any Episode II products. If we do, Hasbro can terminate our account. We can offer them to you as In Stock item when our shipments come in. Our apologies but we were forced to void the presell orders for this assortment.
Unless figuresource.com is either a foreign site, or gets their figures from a different source other then direct from Hasbro, expect them to also have to do the same thing, if Hasbro sniffs them out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Amanamike
02-08-2002, 01:28 AM
Who would want to pre buy that stuff anyway?? Itll be flooding down the toy isles in 2 months. Itll be aweful and then youll think man I bought this stuff preorder?? its all 3 bucks now!!!!! Damn

Beast
02-08-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Amanamike
Who would want to pre buy that stuff anyway?? Itll be flooding down the toy isles in 2 months. Itll be aweful and then youll think man I bought this stuff preorder?? its all 3 bucks now!!!!! Damn

Atleast on the preview assortment, if you can pre-order it, do it. Due to the fact it's technically the last line of POTJ, it's going to probably be a pain to find. Teebo, BoShek, and R4-M9 will be tougher because they are OT figures...but don't think that the E2 preview figures are going to be ultra easy to find.

As for the E2 figure lines, agreed. Wait til they hit the stores. You'll pay alot less, and none of the figures other then army builders are going to be hard to find. Dont expect them to be flooding the toy aisles in 2 months though. From what I understand Hasbro is going to include new figures in cases often, so there wont be any reason for the shelves to be swamped.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks