PDA

View Full Version : Orange Handmaidens Now!

Jedi Law Student
02-07-2002, 01:50 PM
I've waited since 1999, and I can't wait any longer. Like the Doobie Brothers, I'm "takin' it to the streets!" It's high time that we get some 3 3/4" royal handmaidens in those neat orange gowns! They probably ought to start with Padme; she looked so svelte in her shimmering orange gown. Orange handmaidens might be good candidates for one of those 2 packs.

Come on, who's with me? Orange handmaidens would be the perfect addition to any Theed Invasion diorama. With more battle droids running around all the time, they need some competition! And if they did make these, what accessories should they come with? I admit I don't have the answer there; hence, my 2 pack idea. Okay, what do you all think?

jpbeck1
02-07-2002, 03:17 PM
I'll pass:frus:

PloKoon2385
02-07-2002, 04:28 PM
I am all for it. I also have been wondering why Hasbro hasn't thought of that. But, alas.......Hasbro isn't the smartest in the world. If they came with accessories I think they should come with some sort of tool or something handmaidenish...... I dunno..... But they should be well done if they are ever done. With some articulation and maybe soft goods?

187-Maul
02-07-2002, 04:33 PM
I don't think they should make them with soft goods cause hasbro would only use some louzy stuff around their legs
they should rather make them like theed invasion amidala
and a 2-pack would really be great:D

Beast
02-07-2002, 04:36 PM
Fear not, according to lists I pulled off a german Star Wars website, there will be a Queen's Handmaiden figure produced this year. She appears under E1 figures planned for 2002 on the list, for sometime in 2002. So, hopefully we might see her at Toy Fair, but since the focus is AOTC's for toy fair, probably later in the year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
02-07-2002, 08:03 PM
I think if they made handmaidens, they would make a generic one rather than producing six slightly different variations. then you could buy six or whatever and call them, Eirtae, Yane, Sabe, Rabe, etc. but they'd be the same figure.

But yeah! Bring 'em on!

SithDroid
02-07-2002, 10:40 PM
I'd buy them. They are long overdue.

LTBasker
02-07-2002, 11:53 PM
I agree with Rollo. That would definitely keep away the peg-warmer chance since - with the exception of Sabe - they did nothing.

GNT
02-09-2002, 01:13 AM
All in good time,They'll come out one day but not "now" as the AOTC product is there main thing for this year :)

JediTricks
02-09-2002, 07:27 AM
I'd buy a Padme one, though I'd probably just buy 3 of that rather than several different characters in the same costume. The basic point in Ep 1 was that Padme was fairly generic in that group anyway, so I don't think the others need handmaiden figures. But a Padme one would be cool, especially if it came with a blow-apart astromech or something.

stillakid
02-09-2002, 08:13 AM
I'd get a few. How else are we supposed to complete the Queen's entourage? With Ugunauts? (sp?)

wampa ems
02-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Ive been waiting for them to make a handmaiden forever so I can finish my Coruscant Arrival diorama.

Jayspawn
02-10-2002, 03:43 PM
I'm with ya Law Student! We need em! They would be cool figures and they would be really cool in scenes.

JetsAndHeels
02-11-2002, 10:42 AM
I think that is a great idea. Make them with soft goods, so we can look up those robes!!
Whoops, did I say that out loud?

JEDIpartner
02-11-2002, 12:07 PM
I was on-board with this idea back in the summer... so of course I'll be on-board with it now! I don't mike dioramas, but I would like a couple to put with my Royal Starship, should I decide to play with it!

InsaneJediGirl
02-11-2002, 12:42 PM
I'd love to have some Orange Handmaidens.Great on display
with my other figures :D.C'mon and give us Orange Handmaidens,bring somemore girls into the line that dont
look like monkeys(Leia) :D :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
But a Padme one would be cool, especially if it came with a blow-apart astromech or something.

(laughing) What? What an odd pack-in JT.

stillakid
03-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

(laughing) What? What an odd pack-in JT.

Handmaiden. Blow. It all fits. :p

Rollo Tomassi
03-22-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by stillakid

Handmaiden. Blow. It all fits. :p

Don't get me started on my "Padme and the Handmaidens in a giant bubble bath" theory.;)

stillakid
03-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Don't get me started on my "Padme and the Handmaidens in a giant bubble bath" theory.;)

Does that playset come with a Grail-shaped Beacon?:cool:

hukilu
03-22-2002, 04:50 PM
I think they should make one body that comes with 5 different heads. kind of like they did with the Cantina Band members instruments. That way you can buy one or 5 depending on your collection or diorama. This would also be less expensive for the big H as opposed to making 5 carded variations (which we know they would never do - outside of a battle droid).

stillakid
03-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by hukilu
I think they should make one body that comes with 5 different heads. kind of like they did with the Cantina Band members instruments. That way you can buy one or 5 depending on your collection or diorama. This would also be less expensive for the big H as opposed to making 5 carded variations (which we know they would never do - outside of a battle droid).

You could use the extra heads for a display in Jabba's Palace or to make your own custom Amanaman staff.:eek:

hukilu
03-22-2002, 05:06 PM
With a bunch of Loose heads - the possibilities are endless......

stillakid
03-22-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by hukilu
With a bunch of Loose heads - the possibilities are endless......

You could set up the Hasbro Management Team diorama.