PDA

View Full Version : 5 Figures from Revenge of the Sith EVERYONE Agrees Should Be Made

Droid
07-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Some of you may remember the thread I started about the figures from Episodes I, II, IV, V, and VI that appeared in several most wanted polls. JediDefender announced its Episode III rankings today. There are three polls that included Episode III figures: Tycho's Top 20 from Revenge of the Sith thread, the Toyfare poll, and JediDefender's poll. KidHuman did not include Episode III in his polling as I don't believe it was out yet.

Five figures show up in two of these three polls, no figure appears in all three polls:

1. Queen Organa (Tycho and JediDefender)
2. Padme with her hair in buns (Tycho and JediDefender)
3. FX-6 (Tycho and JediDefender)
4. 2-1B (Tycho and JediDefender)
5. Pamde at her funeral (Tofyfare and JediDefender)

I was surprised Owen and Beru did not make JediDefender's Episode III list, but they both made JediDefender's Episode II list.

Jargo
07-11-2007, 07:49 PM
actually none of those have any use as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't buy any of them. I'd rather have a new and different Veractyl. or a Mustafar lava flea. Or a Felucian Gela grub.

jjreason
07-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Hmmm. Depends on your definition of everyone, I guess. I'd like the FX6 droid and Padme in buns, but the rest not so much.

bigbarada
07-11-2007, 08:52 PM
If Evil 2-1B and FX-6 were up to the same level of quality as the POTJ FX-7, then sign me up.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
07-11-2007, 08:57 PM
might buy them if they looked good and weren't rehashes or frankenstein figures. Myself, I would rather see:

Emperor Palpatine in a Soft Goods Salt and Pepper Robes
New & Improved Battle Damaged Darth Vader with Medical Capsule
SA Yoda and no I don't count the VOTC version as SA

Old Fossil
07-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Three Padme figures (one of her in death at that) and two droids? Not very exciting. The droids could probably be done cheaply by Hasbro, simply by repainting the existing molds, but medical droids don't carry the "iconic" weight of protocol droids or astromechs; thus they probably wouldn't sell all that well in most markets, I think.

With the exception of the Emperor figure mentioned above, Ep.III is covered for new action figure sculpts.

JediTricks
07-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I'd get the 2 droids, but no thanks to the other 3.

bigbarada
07-11-2007, 11:18 PM
The droids could probably be done cheaply by Hasbro, simply by repainting the existing molds

If Hasbro did that, then nevermind I don't want them.

They'd have to be 100% new molds on par with the POTJ FX-7 and vintage-style IG-88, otherwise they shouldn't bother.

Kidhuman
07-12-2007, 12:14 AM
I would get the droids and fake preggers dead Padme.

darko666
07-12-2007, 12:40 AM
if anyone should be made into a figure from ROTS, it needs to be Sio Bibble from the funeral. i still remember my brother and I cheering when we saw him at the end of ROTS, and of course it was durning a downer moment in the film. oh well, bring on the Bibble.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2007, 02:19 PM
These were the ROTS figures on my list I made for Chux's "if you had control of the line" dealy, in no particular order:

*Queen Breha Organa
*Queen Apailana
*Darth Sidious (Senate Duel)
*Padmé Amidala (outfit from scene where she and Anakin look at each other from their buildings)
*SA Magnaguard
*Bail Organa (outfit with silvery shoulder things)
*Jobal Naberrie (Padmé’s mom)
*Ruwee Naberrie (Padmé’s dad)
*SA General Grievous
*R2-D2 (Invisible Hand, with bells and whistles)
*Commander Gree (SA mold with proper paint, suspenders, and whatnot)
*Chewbacca (VOTC mold with new ROTS head)
*Darth Vader (Evolutions Anakin mold, new ball-joint arms, red and yellow eyes)
*Darth Vader (battle damaged mold with new medical capsule, oxygen mask, and better paintjob)

Although in lieu of some of the later ones (which were designed to use pre-existing parts), I would take the hair-bun or dead Padmé (though the one I want the most is the one I mentioned in the list, with the gold outfit and curly hair). I don't care much if we get another 2-1B, although it would almost certainly result in a Rockin' Deuce sequel so that would be good. FX-6, yeah, I'll take it since the Chopper Droid is looking awful lonely.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Whats left to make from Episode three besides a SA Emperor with soft goods, and maybe some snap on force lighting. Though i would accept a SA Yoda, and Soft goods Bail.

Tycho
07-24-2007, 12:44 PM
ROTS is indeed very well covered, but I'm not seeing the Utai on the list (the little guys that fuel Obi-Wan's fighter).

Several Bail Organas
Palpatine from his duel with Yoda
Several Padmes
the Medical Droids (Vader's and Padme's)

I think that about covers it. Young Owen and Beru can be accounted for as AOTC or ROTS figures, but need to be made!