PDA

View Full Version : What would make you turn?

stillakid
07-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Anakin "allegedly" turns to the Darkside in order to save the life of his true love. :love: We can look at that as a twist on the Crossroads story in which a guitar player sells his soul to the Devil in order to be the best. :thumbsup:

What would make YOU turn to the Darkside/sell your soul to the Devil? Everybody has a weakness. Everyone has a price. What's yours!? :twisted:

bigbarada
07-12-2007, 01:11 AM
For me, I don't think it would be a situation where one minute I'm good and the next I'm evil. It would have to be a slow progression over weeks, months maybe even years. A situation where you've compromised one belief, then the another, and wake up one day and realize that you are living a life completely contrary to your core value system.

So, I think the Dark Side could draw me in with pride. The idea that I'm the best at what I do and no one else can even compete. Basically, Palpatine would just keep complementing me and talking about how great and talented I am. That would keep me coming back, especially when living a virtuous life seemed to be producing no immediate rewards. We kind of saw Palpatine using this tactic with Anakin to some degree.

Just my initial thoughts on the question.

El Chuxter
07-12-2007, 01:24 AM
I'd turn for the nachos.

mtriv73
07-12-2007, 09:10 AM
power.

unlimited power.

I'd turn in a second, but I'd like to naively think that I'd use the dark powers to try and do (at least some) good things. The moron driving 55 mph in the fast lane in front of me had better watch out though.

CaptainSolo1138
07-12-2007, 09:33 AM
I'd turn for the nachos.I knew that was coming, but had no idea it would be so soon!:thumbsup:

I'd turn if they'd let me be Jessica Biel's underwear (the hot ones, not her "time o' the month" ones). I'd say, "if they'd grant me extra sexiness", but that's not possible.

bobafrett
07-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Working for Wal-Mart has already turned me to the darkside. I see folks that I work with chatting with each other as I toil, and it makes me very angry. You know what anger did to ol' Anakin. Also, my son's mother. She was a 5 letter word that begins with B. The 4 years I dealt with her would be enough to turn any man to the "darkside".

BountyHunterScum
07-12-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't have a price, I can't be bought. They can try but they will be severely unsuccessful.

darko666
07-12-2007, 02:16 PM
i don't see how selling your soul to the devil can be compared to joining the dark side. jedi seem more soulless than the sith. as for what would make me turn to the dark side, it would probably be for more power. not to mention, black robes are better than brown/tan ones.

2-1B
07-12-2007, 07:03 PM
what Cappy said about the drawers, except I'd go for the monthlies. I'm not that way.

Rocketboy
07-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I'd turn for the nach...

Ah, dammit!

I'd give it all up for a little more.
Or
for Padme (Giggity).

CaptainSolo1138
07-12-2007, 11:08 PM
what Cappy said about the drawers, except I'd go for the monthlies. I'm not that way.That's odd. I thought jj, RB and I were the resident Red Wings fans.

Kidhuman
07-13-2007, 12:40 AM
I think a detour would make me turn.

General_Grievous
07-13-2007, 06:04 PM
If Palpatine offered me Keira Knightley, Emma Watson and Megan Fox, I'd turn to the dark side in a heartbeat.

The 'Xir
07-15-2007, 03:36 PM
If Lucas got a clue! that would make me turn!!!
Explain, why Leia remembers her mother and Luke doesn't!
Explain why Luke feels something familiar about Dagobah!
Explain how Palpatine says he knows the secret of Saving Padme, and then tells Anakin he doesnt but they can discover the secret together and why Anakin falls for that lame azz reason!
Explain why Vader says to Boba Fett, "No Disintegrations"
Explain who the Mandalorians who were beat by the Jedi Kights during the clone wars really are.(even just a hint)
And Explain the countless other openended questions not actually shown on screen!

I want to see it Darn it! I can feel the hatred swelling in me now! HA HA HA HA HAAAA :twisted:

2-1B
07-15-2007, 04:15 PM
That's odd. I thought jj, RB and I were the resident Red Wings fans.

in a pinch, you can use socks...that's what they do in Boston.

JetsAndHeels
07-16-2007, 10:52 PM
Rice krispies treats....lots of em.

JediTricks
07-17-2007, 02:44 AM
power.

unlimited power.

I'd turn in a second, but I'd like to naively think that I'd use the dark powers to try and do (at least some) good things. The moron driving 55 mph in the fast lane in front of me had better watch out though.Yeah, I was going to post almost exactly that. And I still think I could Gray Jedi it the way Luke did at the end of ROTJ, but I'd probably fail and end up more like the Platonians in Star Trek:TOS ep "Plato's Stepchildren".

i don't see how selling your soul to the devil can be compared to joining the dark side. jedi seem more soulless than the sith.Good point, but we'll just ignore the lameass Jedi of the prequels for now... well, I will anyway. ;)

what Cappy said about the drawers, except I'd go for the monthlies. I'm not that way.I didn't know you were with Peter, Cleveland, and Joe at the police auction:
"Welcome! We open today's bidding with this pair of panties confiscated from a prostitute."
"Fifty bucks!"
"She had nine STDs."
"... Forty-five bucks."
"And when we caught her, she wet herself."
"... Fifty bucks."

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-18-2007, 02:26 PM
Rice krispies treats....lots of em.

On that note, all that it would take . . . . is a real good Klondike Bar.

CaptainSolo1138
07-18-2007, 02:38 PM
On that note, all that it would take . . . . is a real good Klondike Bar.Or a Hostess chocolate pie.

LusiferSam
07-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Although true love is a noble goal, I'm not sure that's what would turn me. I'm much more like Faust. Knowledge is what would turn me.