PDA

View Full Version : Shaq's Big Challenge

dr_evazan22
07-12-2007, 09:21 PM
Shaq's Big Challenge on ABC

Shaq, concerned about the obesity problem, picks 6 overweight middle-school kids from his local Fla area; I think the least heaviest was about 185 lbs, the heaviest being was about 285.

Shaq, along with his personal physician / trainer are going to whip the kids into shape thru exercise and a proper diet.

Is anyone else watching this? I think the premise of the show is misleading... I was believing that it was going to be Shaq doing all this, but no! Shaq is out being an NBA superstar, leaving the REAL work to his trainer.

After getting commitments from the kids and their families to change their ways the kids were kinda left alone to exercise on their own. Of course, kids being kids, they goofed off and didn't do what they said they would do. When Shaq found out he reamed the kids, in front of their families.

Shaq's solution: bring in another trainer to make the kids really do the work. Shaq also had a nutritionist come in to work with the families too.

Then Shaq took a look at another part of the problem... lack of PysEd in school. To change this what did Shaq do? That's right, brought someone else in (his old college coach) to do the work with Shaq's name on it. They're trying to get at least SOME physical activity back into the schools in Fla.

I like the premise of the show, but I think that Shaq is selling the kids short by not going thru the process with the kids everyday (instead of Shaq's surrogates), and I think he may be trying to do too much (even if it does need to be done).

2-1B
07-12-2007, 09:27 PM
I haven't heard of it, so my initial thought was that Shaq's big challenge...is making free throws. lol

El Chuxter
07-13-2007, 01:51 AM
Shaq's Real Big Challenge:

Living down "Steel."

TeeEye7
07-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I think Shaq should bring in a speech therapist so we can understand his mumblings.

2-1B
07-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Colbert did a good bit on this by showing clips of Shaq shilling for Pepsi and Burger King.