PDA

View Full Version : Asajj Ventress is here!

JediTricks
07-13-2007, 02:05 PM
I got the email this morning:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index.php?categoryid=12&p2_articleid=973

Sideshow: where 1 figure shipping is never enough! ;)

Bosskman
07-15-2007, 05:54 AM
I decided not to get Ventress. While the figure is sorta cool, I really don't like the character and want to limit myself to movie stuff. That being said, they'll come out with a clone armor Obi-Wan someday and I'll get him, and then be scrambling to get Ventress to justify my CW purchase. So freakin predictable I am....

Jayspawn
07-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Woohoo!

"The Force is strong with me. For I am Sith!"

JediTricks
07-16-2007, 12:09 AM
I decided not to get Ventress. While the figure is sorta cool, I really don't like the character and want to limit myself to movie stuff. That being said, they'll come out with a clone armor Obi-Wan someday and I'll get him, and then be scrambling to get Ventress to justify my CW purchase. So freakin predictable I am....
For me, I just think the character looks very Star Wars, I don't care where she came from, so it wasn't hard to justify the preorder despite passing up a few previous figures from the actual films.

I can't wait to enjoy magnetic lightsaber action!!!

Darth Cruel
07-21-2007, 05:14 PM
This figure is cool. I was not in the least impressed with the character from the cartoon nor the comics. But this figure has negated everything I disliked about the character. I can not wait to get her! But then, I can't wait to get ANY Sideshow 1:6 scale action figure I pre-order. I love every single one of them put out so far.

Even Bib Fortuna...ummm...OK not Bib. I hate the figure, the character and all things Bib Fortuna. But mine would be a collection with a gaping hole in it if I had not purchased him. And besides...he does add some fill to the Jabba's dais area of the display.

plasticfetish
07-21-2007, 06:38 PM
...ummm...OK not Bib.What's your problem with Bib? I admit, I got this figure for $12, but just the same, it seems pretty good for what (and who) it is.

------

I'm on the waiting list for Asajj... so we'll see how that turns out.

Blue2th
08-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Just received my notice that Asajj will be shipping in a few days, as Newsbot reported.
I don't know why, but this is the figure I've been anticipating more than the last few releases. Maybe I just love characters in cool black outfits.

I hope she looks just like the one shown at the conventions and I'm not dissapointed.

JediTricks
08-08-2007, 12:25 AM
I think the one they brought to SDCC was a production version, but not sure. If it looks as good as that though, we're in for a real treat, that one looked super nice. Now i have to decide what head to use since I got the SE version.

JediTricks
08-11-2007, 07:20 PM
I got her yesterday, and a fine entry it is! Way way overpriced though, the fewest accessories yet, but they did a great job with the body, costume, and sabers. The robe looks great out of the package, I didn't expect I'd even notice it but it's sweet - I thought she wore a cloak though. The sabers are great, love the magnets! The body can take amazing poses, there's no shoulder-hop articulation but the mid-torso moves really well. I'm having trouble with the skirt, but only because I haven't put in any time to make it work.

Finally, I'm having a hard time deciding which head I want to use, they both look really good - the eyes have a dark and sinister look to them without seeming cartoony, but the eyeless one they made look real too and it works well.

Blue2th
08-11-2007, 07:24 PM
Cool! Mine's on the way. I can't wait. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
08-12-2007, 10:20 AM
I cant wait to get mine. I got the regular as I'm happy with the Clone Wars-style head.

JediTricks
08-12-2007, 10:15 PM
I have to admit, the iris-free eyes of that version are pretty striking.

evenflow
08-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Got mine in the mail yesterday and i think its my favorite one so far. I really like the white eyes version the best. Great figure.

Blue2th
08-15-2007, 09:28 AM
Received mine yesterday also. I really like this figure. I'm liking the animated head also, but that could change. We're gonna see her in the upcoming CGI animated Clone Wars.
It's nice to have the option of the other head though.

Jayspawn
08-15-2007, 11:40 AM
Mine has shipped....Errrrr.

plasticfetish
08-21-2007, 02:33 AM
So, it looks like my Asajj arrived here in Portland about 10 minutes ago. I'll be getting her in the morning. :)

jedibear
08-21-2007, 11:34 AM
The Sith Disciple made it up to the far north yesterday...

Here's a shot of her conferring with her Sith masters....

I'll post some more later...

Blue2th
08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
The Sith Disciple made it up to the far north yesterday...

Here's a shot of her conferring with her Sith masters....

I'll post some more later...
Excellent pic jedibear! And you know that Hasbro Dooku doesn't look bad or out of place at all. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
08-21-2007, 06:37 PM
Nice work JB!

Jayspawn
08-22-2007, 11:22 AM
Cool picture jedibear! It just proves that the Hasbro Dooku is that cool!

I'm very happy with my Asajj as well. I got the standard CW (non-iris) head version -my favorite. But the figure is awesome! I got her in some sweet poses, I'm glad the figure is pretty nimble.

jedibear
08-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Yes I think the Hasbro Dooku holds up pretty well...it was one of their best.

She's a pretty cool figure....takes a little more futzing to get her looking real good. Was a little surprised that the collor is actually molded white and painted black...lots of nicks on the one I got. Nothing a perm black sharpie couldn't cure :)...

Everyone else is really taken with the Iris-free look, but since I'm more a fan of her appearances in the DH comics, I prefer the "complete" looking eyes...especially when I take shots of her in the "real" world....

Here's some more shots....let me know what you all think....

JediTricks
08-23-2007, 12:04 AM
Nice shots, but the 4th one her arm is unnaturally close to her body. Nifty interior stone room setting on the first one.

jedibear
08-23-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks JT...

Yeah that "stone" is just a piece of cardboard I painted with some upside-down tiles for the floor and a rock...easy fun stuff.
As for that 4th shot...well...she is a rather unnnatural woman...:D

This shot ended up being my favorite...hunting Jedi in the wilderness of Yavin lV...

plasticfetish
08-24-2007, 02:24 AM
All nice photos jedibear!

I put a spot up for her in the "Reviews" section...

http://reviews.sirstevesguide.com/showproduct.php?product=47

...so have at it gang.

More pics to come from me, but in the mean time...

neocrasher
09-05-2007, 02:44 AM
boy howdy do i wish i had the money for one haha

Jayspawn
09-14-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm still petty excited aobut this figure. One of the best Sideshow has put out. I'm really excited about Ben and Palpatine.

plasticfetish
09-15-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm still petty excited about this figure. One of the best Sideshow has put out.I totally agree with you Jayspawn. I've had this one on my desk now for a while, (it's pretty much the only thing on my desk right now) and I love it. Sideshow did a great job with this figure, and at this point I'd say it's my favorite... yeah, until "old Ben" comes out maybe. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the new Leia figure also though. Seeing as how Sideshow did well with this female figure, I'm very optimistic about that one.

jedibear
09-22-2007, 11:17 PM
hey plasticfetish...how do you post reviews in that review section?

plasticfetish
09-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Next to the name of the item, there should be the words "post a review" underlined. Click on that, and it'll take you to a review form.

Have at it!

mm74md
10-18-2007, 06:45 AM
Well, I finally got my Asajj Exclusive. I've been trying to bargain hunt on ebay & got it for $71 shipped, not bad as many have ended at over $71.

Anyway, there isn't much to add that hasn't been said already. This thing kicks booty!

jonthejedi
10-19-2007, 03:57 AM
...would be nice to have a torn shirt Anakin(from CW cartoon) in 12" scale to duel with...or even Dooku! This looked to be a great looking figure, but I had to cancel due to lack of funds(I'm putting more $$$ into Medicom's 1/6 scale RAH line than any other 12" series).

jedibear
10-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah that would be cool...but until then, she can battle Shaak Ti...

jedibear
12-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Now she journeys to Ilum...

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Dang that's neat! That's one of the few photos where I really wish SSC made the saber blades bigger to match the films though, so they could not only look more accurate but better pop against the snow.

How are you not worried about getting your figure all wet though? I'd be flipping.

jedibear
12-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks JT...

Not too worried...she does have rubber boots :) ....and the snow here today is very powder-like...skiers' delight...

JediTricks
12-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I live in LA and have only taken a handful of trips to the snow (even though you can actually drive from surf to snow in a few hours time here in LA), it's always been just slushy and wet as far as I've ever experienced. The skirt was really my concern about the wetness... raise your hand, raise your hand if you're Sure!

jedibear
12-30-2007, 11:46 AM
:D (raising hand) I'm sure!

jedibear
12-31-2007, 05:21 PM
One more look at one of the best entries of '07...

JediTricks
01-03-2008, 05:27 PM
I had been holding out with my $50 remaining Sideshow giftcard to see if they'd add anything new to the choices of items one could get, but my thinking had been for a while that it'd probably be either another Boushh or another Asajj. When the 31st rolled around, I went to order Asajj and she had sold through - that's a great sign that people recognize how cool she is.

Then I went to order Boushh and because I already had one, it shot me down. :p I finally grabbed the 1/4-scale LOTR Crown of the King of the Dead.