PDA

View Full Version : Wave 8 AOTC PICS!

Battle Droid
07-14-2007, 07:51 AM
From, http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2689235&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=1&fpart=1#2689235

Clone Trooper (Training Gear)

http://www.rebelscum.com/CE/CEhasbroposter/100_9088.jpg

Padme Amidala (Fireside Gown)

http://www.rebelscum.com/CE/CEhasbroposter/100_9089.jpg

Jango Fett (w/ poncho)

http://www.rebelscum.com/CE/CEhasbroposter/100_9090.jpg

Voolvif Monn (Clone Wars)

http://www.rebelscum.com/CE/CEhasbroposter/100_9091.jpg

Destroyer Droid (w/ 1/2 shield)

http://www.rebelscum.com/CE/CEhasbroposter/100_9092.jpg

McQuarrie Signature Series - Concept Rebel Trooper

http://www.rebelscum.com/CE/CEhasbroposter/100_9093.jpg

Old Fossil
07-14-2007, 09:09 AM
These should start hitting store shelves around August 2008...:rolleyes:

jjreason
07-14-2007, 09:38 AM
I like the Clone in red, though the snap on armor is useless. Padme is overdue, but her face isn't my favorite. A nice addition she'll be nonetheless. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
07-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Padme is awesome...except for that feathery thing she's wearing. WTF is that? That better be removable (giggity).

Jango doesn't look too bad either.

bigbarada
07-14-2007, 10:59 AM
That's probably one of the nicest looking Padme figures I've seen. Might have to pick that one up depending on how the final version turns out.

WooHoo! Jango!:thumbsup: Does he look like he has removable armor to anyone else?

That Rebel Trooper's head looks like a hamburger.lol

El Chuxter
07-14-2007, 11:36 AM
That Padme head may be the worst one they've ever produced.

And the wolfman head is disproportionately huge.

darko666
07-14-2007, 12:04 PM
wow, what happened to Padme? looks like an older version of her, if she was to actually live and not lose the will to live. the Jango figure looks good though.

bigbarada
07-14-2007, 01:44 PM
That Padme head may be the worst one they've ever produced.

And the wolfman head is disproportionately huge.

That's odd, because I think it's the best one I've seen from Hasbro at this scale. But, it's just a hand painted prototype right now which is why she looks a little old, so I'm sure the final figure will look different when it's actually molded in flesh colored plastic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Holy nuts, I think these all look great.

I didn't expect to see a training Clone Trooper this year; I'll just take off the stupid armor and leave him be.

Padmé's shoulder feather thing was from when she and Anakin had dinner and she ate the CGI pear. I'm assuming it's removable and she comes with "real feel action" but I'm not sure on the last part. :thumbsup:

From Jango's sleeves, lack of gloves, obvious snap-on shin armor, and separately-sculpted holsters, I'm guessing that this will finally be the "civilian" clothes Jango. Sweet! They probably just added all the extra stuff to him and the clone to make them more interesting to kids or something.

Voolvif Monn looks pretty sweet as well; he'll go well in CW setups.

The Destroyer Droid, while still not great, is better than I thought it would be. At least they got rid of his arm blasters.

The Rebel Trooper . . . I've never seen that concept art, I don't think, and it looks weirdly out of place. Then again, so do all the McQuarrie figures, but I just don't remember seeing this one.

LTBasker
07-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Clone Trooper (Training Gear) - Looks decent from what we can see through the lame snap-on armor, also theres a variant opportunity as there were also blue ones in the movie.

Padme Amidala (Fireside Gown) - Not impressive, I think I'm the only bored by the thought of these types of Padme figures.

Jango Fett (w/ poncho) - Appears to have bulky snap-on armor which just looks like crap, will probably look better without it. Also would've preferred a plastic poncho for him.

Voolvif Monn (Clone Wars) - Cool.

Destroyer Droid (w/ 1/2 shield) - Very nice, although the legs worry me. Hasbro mentioned it's made from the missile-firing Destroyer Droid which has legs that can't be spread out very far and warp easily. Of course, it's also a little heavier than usual because of the built-in launchers (even without the missiles inside), so hopefully this one should be okay.

McQuarrie Signature Series - Concept Rebel Trooper - This reminds me of "Mom and Dad Save The World." Like, someone trying to look like an oversized version of one of those killer hopping mushroom creatures.

General_Grievous
07-14-2007, 05:15 PM
The only ones I'll be getting:

Clone Trooper - The armor looks ridiculous, but that's okay since I won't be displaying him with it anyway.

Padme - The feathers look removable, so no worries about that. :thumbsup:

Jango Fett - Looks to be an Apartment Jango. If it comes with removable chest armor and arm gauntlets, we have a winner.

JetsAndHeels
07-14-2007, 06:18 PM
I'll take the Jango...and pass on the rest.

DarkArtist
07-14-2007, 09:15 PM
there's some nice figures in there. here's hoping that the Jango is SA and the Padme looks good. anyone know the official street date perhaps December 07 I guess or early '08

Kidhuman
07-14-2007, 09:20 PM
I like em. The Padme has an fugly face, but I will get it.

figrin bran
07-15-2007, 03:55 AM
I like the Voolvif Monn the most.

The Rebel Trooper i might actually pass on and forget about completing a McQuarrie set.

pegger
07-15-2007, 10:05 AM
jj - it won't matter, since there is no way wave 8 will make it out up here....

ps - I like all of them, especially Clone sans armor and Jango sans poncho.

Sinscia Fat'o
07-15-2007, 11:23 AM
I liked them all except for the destroyer no need for it. The jango looks like it's what alot of us have been asking for, so ill be getting him, the padmae is still half way for me if she has soft goods and his articulated then perhaps but if shes just a stand there and do nothing figure i will be passing....The wolf man jedi is cool, i will be getting him as well, looked very good and yes a big improvement over lakk from the catinia and POTF2 version of the shistivanian race. Clone trooper im not real sure about....it looks interesting but im not sure if i need any thing like that i'd rather just have more AOTC troopers...Concept rebel trooper looks cool just like all the concept figs, but i'll never see him around here so it won't matter.

Jargo
07-15-2007, 11:43 AM
Voolvif is the only one I'd buy. the snap on armour looks dumb and the selection of figures displeases me. This wave is poor.

SplFrcsCWO
07-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Does anyone have an HQ scan of the entire poster?

JediTricks
07-16-2007, 01:43 AM
First off, that entire poster shot, damn, I didn't realize we were 7 months into the year and have seen only 1/3rd of the figures - what the hell Hasbro?!?

Second, a mixed bag for me on this wave:
- Clone doesn't look cool, but I may forgive if he's fun
- Padme looks HORRIBLE, the eyes look really bad and the face is too small or the head is too fat
- Jango looks pretty cool, even if he's not what we absolutely want he still looks like a winner.
- Wolfman Jedi does nothing for me, legs look goofy, arms look skinny, head looks massive.
- Destroyer Droid is not as claimed, the torso is not the missile-firing one (no seam at shoulders or where the "spine" meets the ball "waist", rear "shields" are wrong), doesn't look bad though.
- McQ Rebel Trooper is so WTF that I really have to wonder who is playing a joke here. Why are we getting a guy with a clamshell around his head?

bigbarada
07-17-2007, 01:28 AM
First off, that entire poster shot, damn, I didn't realize we were 7 months into the year and have seen only 1/3rd of the figures - what the hell Hasbro?!?

That's actually a good thing for me. If new figures had been showing up on a regular basis, I would be tempted to buy them all just to fill out that coin collection; but since they are almost non-existent I'm only going to buy 5-6 figures and I'm done for the year.

Hermi Odle for sure
A-Wing Pilot
Ewoks
Umpass Stay
4-LOM
maybe Torture Rack Han
maybe Jabba's Palace Luke

So it looks like I'm only going to spend about $50 the rest of this year, instead of the $500 it would have cost me to fill out that coin album.

Thanks Hasbro!:thumbsup: You're only hurting yourselves.

JediTricks
07-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Yeah, but for most collectors it'll be a friggin' avalanche.

jedi master sal
07-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Clone Trooper (Training Gear) - Excellent. Now here's hoping for the blue variant as well. I'll get 20 of these guys. Heck the snap on armor will look great in an armory scene (similar to the one where they pick up their helmets on Kamino). When teh blue one comes out (and you know it will), I'll get 20 of those too...hmm, and here I thought I was going to slow down on army uilding...well I should say I'll stop at the end of the TAC and Legends lines.

Padme Amidala (Fireside Gown) - Nice, not great, but good enough. I'll buy 2 of her.

Jango Fett (w/ poncho) - Sweet. The snap of armor will look good in the closet slightly hidden from view, the the scene where Obi officially meets Jango.

Voolvif Monn (Clone Wars) - Other than the head being way to big for my taste, this figure rocks. Looks like there is some very resepectable articulation going on there.

Destroyer Droid (w/ 1/2 shield) - Well I need 2-3 shields, so that's going to be 4-6 Destroyers for me.

McQuarrie Signature Series - Concept Rebel Trooper - I'll get my standard 2 of this as I'm doing with all of the other McFigs (save Vader and Boba who I'm getting 3 each of).

-Sal

Jayspawn
07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Thats a great looking wave! I've been wanting a Jango w/poncho, the Padme looks good -we need more of those. The Clone w/ armor looks neat. Wouldnt mind a few of those. Voolvif Monn rules! Cant wait to get him!

JEDIpartner
07-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Clone Trooper (Training Gear) - BORING

Padme Amidala (Fireside Gown) - Not bad. I'm sure the production copy will be a little better in some ways.

Jango Fett (w/ poncho) - *sigh* Will he have different forearms? His shirt sleeves look rolled up there.

Voolvif Monn (Clone Wars) - Yea!! Depsite it being a lame character.

Destroyer Droid (w/ 1/2 shield) - Completely over these.

McQuarrie Signature Series - Concept Rebel Trooper - Silly, but McQuarrie, so I'll get it.

figrin bran
07-19-2007, 01:45 AM
The more I look at that Concept Rebel Trooper, the more ridiculous it looks! It's like a homemade cardboard robot monster costume to be featured in an elementary school play!

figrin bran
07-21-2007, 01:33 AM
On second thought, the McQuarrie Rebel Trooper is actually Mr. Mouth! (http://images.boardgamegeek.com/images/pic164092_md.jpg)

Kidhuman
07-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Here are some shot from Comic Con of the figures:

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24379&cat=5403

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24377&cat=5403

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24378&cat=5403

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24376&cat=5403

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24372&cat=5403

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24380&cat=5403

They look alot better than the poster. Padme looks alright.

pegger
07-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Hmm- the sheild for the Destroyer is not as ... transparent ... as I had hoped.

Seems to me if I put two around my destroyer, you won't see him inside

Kidhuman
07-26-2007, 07:07 PM
It also looks like they can not piece together due to the shpaes at the bottom,

Jargo
07-26-2007, 09:46 PM
from pics at other sites the shield is either cutaway or bulges along the edge in a corresponding way so the two halves fit together. kinda like the opposing teeth on a zipper. but not as neat.
why does the shield have holes in it? is that not just dumb? and why does the shield obscure the figure? and how different is the new droid head?

I'm going to stand by my earlier statement and say that Voolvif is the only one i'll buy. but padme, training clone and droideka do look like ok figures. the snap on armour is still pants. and the concept trooper looks a team mascot for a team with clam in the title. yeah I know, that was weak.

quite disappointing as a wave. quite boring. there really ought to be some more outlander club patrons by now. Or Separatists.something a bit more colorful.

General_Grievous
07-30-2007, 06:18 PM
After looking at the Jango pics from SDCC, I realized that he doesn't come with his arm gauntlets. Why is that? A shame that he doesn't, because if he did it would be like a 3 3/4" version of the 12" Ultimate Jango from 2002.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2007, 07:28 PM
GH now has pics of the wave with their extra parts either taken off or put on. Jango looks really good without the poncho; I just hope that the holsters and belt are removable (and it looks like they are, but I'm not sure). Also, Padmé's feathery thing is indeed removable, you horny bastards. :D

2-1B
07-30-2007, 09:06 PM
I like em. The Padme has an fugly face, but I will get it.

One might almost say it looks like a ... potato ? ;)

Jargo
07-30-2007, 09:20 PM
the pics of the concept rebel trooper without the clam head helmet and chest armour show that underneath there's a skinny but ok looking figure. in fact customising a visor onto the helmet he wouldn't look amiss in among Mos Espa characters. some of the movie spacers had just as odd gear on.

pooooootaaaaaaaaatooooooooomaaaaaaaaaaaan...... ;)

kool-aid killer
07-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Of the wave, i plan on getting two of the clonetroopers in training gear to go with my Kamino figures. I like the Padme so i'll buy her too. Right now i dont see myself getting the Jango with poncho but that could change depending on how it looks up close. Voolvif Monn looks great and will replace the Lak Sivrak i had customized to look like him. I like the concept figure so i'll grab that too, assuming i should ever see it on the pegs. I like the Destroyer Droid, its better looking than the most recent ones weve gotten. I wish the shield was clearer, the one hes got now looks better suited for the Famba, in terms of its purple-ish color. I'll probably just get two.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Okay here's my assessment of this wave (for what's it's worth)<--see KH I can remember a closed parens...:

Clone Trooper (Kamino Training): Awesome! Okay I would hope for ball joint shoulder articulation and maybe ankle, but otherwise an excellent fig. I'll get 20. Now when is the blue variant coming out???

Destroyer Droid (w/ ˝-Shield): Crap. Worst version of the DD and the shiels looks like a big blue ball of vomit. PASS

Jango Fett (Poncho): Okay nice fig. I don't think the belt/holsters are removable though. So if not then only one. If they are removable then I'll get a few, the extras being for customs. No more than 4 though.

Padmé Amidala (Fireside Gown): Sweet ness, me likey. Two please. One with and one without Boa constrictor....okay feather boa.

Voolvif Monn (Shistavanen Jedi): His head is WAY too big. I'll get one to round out the Fab 3 cartoon Jedi extras.

McQuarrie Signature Series - Concept Rebel Trooper: Meh, not a great fig, but it's a concept fig. So I'll get 2. (1 loose/1 carded).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-31-2007, 06:17 PM
Destroyer Droid (w/ &#189;-Shield): Crap. Worst version of the DD and the shiels looks like a big blue ball of vomit. PASS
Are you serious? From the pictures, it looks like it could be the best version of the Destroyer Droid (to me, at least). The legs are well-spaced and nicely positioned; the hands aren't giant and don't shoot anything, but have the blast effects that I love and are at the proper angle (unlike the so-close-but-not-quite Droideka from the 2003 deluxe sets); the arms are articulated, not bulky, and don't use an action feature to move; the head is the proper shape; the midsection is properly curved. I can't tell if it's a new sculpt but if not then it uses the best parts from old figures and gets rid of the crap ones. I was really not looking forward to this one since Hasbro said it'd be modified from the terrible rocket-firing one, but that is clearly not the case anymore. I'm not completely in love with the shield, but that can just be taken off anyway.

jedi master sal
07-31-2007, 08:33 PM
Are you serious? From the pictures, it looks like it could be the best version of the Destroyer Droid (to me, at least). The legs are well-spaced and nicely positioned; the hands aren't giant and don't shoot anything, but have the blast effects that I love and are at the proper angle (unlike the so-close-but-not-quite Droideka from the 2003 deluxe sets); the arms are articulated, not bulky, and don't use an action feature to move; the head is the proper shape; the midsection is properly curved. I can't tell if it's a new sculpt but if not then it uses the best parts from old figures and gets rid of the crap ones. I was really not looking forward to this one since Hasbro said it'd be modified from the terrible rocket-firing one, but that is clearly not the case anymore. I'm not completely in love with the shield, but that can just be taken off anyway.

Hmm, my mistake. For some reason I thought it was the dreadful shooting one. Now that I look at it, the droid looks good, but the shield is still crap IMO.

General_Grievous
08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
With this wave (along with the Evolution pack Bultar Swan), I'm glad they're finally giving AOTC some credit. Let's hope that they get around to making Cliegg, Owen and Beru next year.

JediTricks
08-05-2007, 07:43 PM
Hmm- the sheild for the Destroyer is not as ... transparent ... as I had hoped.

Seems to me if I put two around my destroyer, you won't see him insideThat is very likely, I had the same thought when I saw it.

It also looks like they can not piece together due to the shpaes at the bottom,No, it definitely is designed to go together. It's cut-away at the bottom though, not sure what shapes you mean.

why does the shield have holes in it? is that not just dumb? It's a safety regulations issue after some young children smothered to death from a Pokemon pokeball half (a Burger King giveaway toy, not even a real toy) so now semi-sphere toys gotta have holes so if it fits over a small child's mouth they can still get air. I didn't really like the way the holes looked, but can't argue with the reasoning. I don't like how the shield looks now though, between the color being off, the holes, and the opacity, so I am not as tempted as I was.

One might almost say it looks like a ... potato ? ;)Actually, it looks alright in person, way better than Hasbro's proto-photos.

Hmm, my mistake. For some reason I thought it was the dreadful shooting one. Now that I look at it, the droid looks good, but the shield is still crap IMO.You probably saw the Legends version also at the show - that was a total "WTF" moment for me, why release an inferior and superior version of the droid in the same year?

jedi master sal
08-06-2007, 12:27 PM
You probably saw the Legends version also at the show - that was a total "WTF" moment for me, why release an inferior and superior version of the droid in the same year?

That's most likely where my confusion was. Now get out of my head...heh heh.

Battle Droid
08-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Some new pics.

And here's Padme & the Voolvif Monn.

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/30th_Anniversary/ActionFigures/30th_Carded_voolvifmonn.jpg

http://www.brianstoys.com/store/images/products/Star%20Wars/30th_Anniversary/ActionFigures/30th_Carded_padme.jpg

TheRealDubya
08-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I love the Concept Reb. Jango is super cool too.

Tycho
08-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I'm going to army-build that Clone in the red jump suit - well at least get 4 of him. I like this figure.

Battle Droid
08-31-2007, 10:41 PM
The Destroyer Droid completely shielded.

http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/8-07/30AC_droidshell.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-31-2007, 10:50 PM
Wow, what a turd. At least it looks great otherwise.

El Chuxter
08-31-2007, 11:42 PM
That's a little... uh, opaque.

Ji'dai
08-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Hehehe... that shielded DD looks pretty stupid. Wow, I'll just be getting two figures from this wave: concept Reb and Dominatrix Padme.

JediTricks
09-01-2007, 03:22 AM
What's the point of that? Now I wish the holes in the shield were the least of its issues! Just buy a baseball and paint it blue, it's pretty much the same thing at this point. I'm thinking I'll display mine with the shield BEHIND the droideka, it'll be better at suggesting the shield than the full display.

neocrasher
09-04-2007, 11:20 PM
i totally want a bunch of those destroyer droids.... i think they need to redo or rerelease the potj droids that have knee and elbow articulation

General_Koon
09-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll only be picking up,"Volviff Monn",he seems to be the only one I'm intrested in..

bobafrett
09-06-2007, 08:25 AM
The Destroyer Droid completely shielded.

http://www.jedidefender.com/image.pl?http://www.jedidefender.com/news/images/8-07/30AC_droidshell.jpg

"With the Blast shield around me, I can't even see, how am I supposed to fight?" - Destroyer Droid from TPM deleted scene

jedi master sal
09-06-2007, 11:21 AM
"With the Blast shield around me, I can't even see, how am I supposed to fight?" - Destroyer Droid from TPM deleted scene

Ha ha, nice one.

Tycho
09-10-2007, 09:39 AM
I second that, Frett. Pretty funny.

Battle Droid
09-13-2007, 04:56 PM
Carded PICS!

http://jediinsider.net/g/generated/Hasbro/30th/Wave_08/Clone_Trooper_Training_01__scaled_600.jpg

http://jediinsider.net/g/generated/Hasbro/30th/Wave_08/Concept_Rebel_Trooper_01__scaled_600.jpg

http://jediinsider.net/g/generated/Hasbro/30th/Wave_08/Destroyer_Droid_01__scaled_600.jpg

http://jediinsider.net/g/generated/Hasbro/30th/Wave_08/Jango_Fett_01__scaled_600.jpg

http://jediinsider.net/g/generated/Hasbro/30th/Wave_08/Padme_01__scaled_600.jpg

http://jediinsider.net/g/generated/Hasbro/30th/Wave_08/Voolvif_Monn_01__scaled_600.jpg

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2007, 05:09 PM
These all look pretty good. Too bad opening Padm&#233;'s bubble (sounds wrong) will ruin the picture. :D

Since this is technically wave 9, where are carded shots of wave 8 (the repaints)?

jedi master sal
09-13-2007, 07:00 PM
thanks for the links. They look pretty good. Won't get another Destroyer droid however. Just tired of them.

pegger
09-13-2007, 07:10 PM
I was debating get 2 of the red suit clones - one to show with armor off, and one with armor on. After seeing the link - I'll only be getting 1.

2-1B
09-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Too bad opening Padmé's bubble (sounds wrong) will ruin the picture. :D

Not if you use a blade and slice the card from the bubble...leaving the flat glued part in place.

Jargo
09-13-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't like any of these figures now. Not even Voolvif big head.

Tycho
09-13-2007, 09:41 PM
That sample of Padme does not look good. JT never cared for the quality (or lack thereof) on this figure, but when I saw her at Comic Con, she looked alright. This particular figure of her (shown in the photo) does not inspire me however. I will not order this online as I really want to get her at retail so I can be very picky about her paint job.

I think a cross-eyed granny is painting these now. I don't know what happened with their craftmanship for the TAC line, but it has seriously disappointed this year on many occasions.

We voted for Jango and the Clone in the Scene-By-Scene Poll done here on SSG in 2004 (delivered in 2005). They turned out well, though the Clone's armor is sort of unnecessary and ill-fitted. Jango looks to be a very solid figure though. (The cross-eyed granny didn't get a hold of these.)

jedibear
09-14-2007, 11:11 AM
The other thing about the Padme figure that strikes me is how on the card, the artists changed her eyes (lightened them) so that it doesn't even look like her. It's an odd choice...makes her look like some vacant-stare model...ugh.

I like the Jango...wish hat one photo featured him w/o the poncho though. And Tycho's right...that armor for the clone looks pointless but I guess they felt like he had to include some accessory...

I really like the new color scheme on the DD....so glad they got rid of those ridiculous oversized front guns...looks way better.

Ephantmon
09-14-2007, 02:28 PM
these are great but where are the holo Vader wave picts?

Snowtrooper
09-14-2007, 08:46 PM
The clone in the carded pic kind of reminds me of The Rock.

JediTricks
09-14-2007, 08:59 PM
The head on the clone is a dead match for Bodi Taylor.

The head on Padme has developed ANOTHER f'ing problem, now her eyes are too close together and it gives her fatface.

Ji'dai
09-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Padme's face sculpt looks more like Laura Linney (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001473/) than Natalie Portman now. If I didn't know any better, I'd say Hasbro kitbashed this one together using parts from Wedding Padme.

Speaking of Wedding Padme, you guys look up her dress lately? She's got a fully sculpted body (and fanny) with torso articulation, plus they painted panties on her and put a garter on one leg!

jedi master sal
09-14-2007, 11:58 PM
...Speaking of Wedding Padme, you guys look up her dress lately? She's got a fully sculpted body (and fanny) with torso articulation, plus they painted panties on her and put a garter on one leg!

Um, no...

I don't make it a habit to look up my female action figures dresses...
And thank goodness there aren't too many figures made for SW where that's even possible.

...Waiting for the inevitable list from Tycho showing us just such figures...

Ji'dai
09-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Um, no...

I don't make it a habit to look up my female action figures dresses...
And thank goodness there aren't too many figures made for SW where that's even possible. Aw, c'mon Sal, you got to appreciate the designer's little artistic in-joke. She very well could've been another salt shaker.

El Chuxter
09-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Or she could've been like the infamous "Party Angela."

jedi master sal
09-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Aw, c'mon Sal, you got to appreciate the designer's little artistic in-joke. She very well could've been another salt shaker.

Just kidding my friend.

Tycho
09-18-2007, 05:35 AM
Sorry Sal, I don't have a list of Star Wars lady action figures whom you can look up their dresses and see their panties ready to go. That's one I didn't think of! Congratulations. And please don't let me stop you from compiling such a list yourself. :D

The other thing about the Padme figure that strikes me is how on the card, the artists changed her eyes (lightened them) so that it doesn't even look like her. It's an odd choice...makes her look like some vacant-stare model...ugh.

Padme thinks that Naboo school children can't find Theed on a map because maybe they don't have maps. It is her belief that we must continue to help places like such as Otah Gunga and The Geonosis so that we can help to educate the Clones like such as. Then we'll have peace in our galaxy.

JediTricks
09-18-2007, 05:46 AM
Or she could've been like the infamous "Party Angela."
Dude, who references a McFarlane action figure debacle from a dozen years ago? :D

Tycho
09-18-2007, 05:50 AM
Oh please share. I missed that reference.

jedi master sal
09-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Sorry Sal, I don't have a list of Star Wars lady action figures whom you can look up their dresses and see their panties ready to go. That's one I didn't think of! Congratulations. And please don't let me stop you from compiling such a list yourself. :D

You do realize I was kidding with that remark?

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 12:26 PM
When a McFarlane debacle is more than just crappy paint and limited poseability, it deserves mention for all time.

Party Angela made Austin Powers h***y at TRU, you know. :)

Ji'dai
09-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh please share. I missed that reference. "Party" Angela (http://www.spawn.com/toys/product.aspx?product=1468) was released in Spawn Series 2 in 1995. McFarlane failed to add painted underwear to her crotch, leaving her "nude."

El Chuxter
09-18-2007, 02:57 PM
And McFarlane Toys got in a little bit of hot water when they mixed up shipments of the "G-rated" Austin Powers figures meant for normal retail outlets with some of the "PG-13" ones meant for the direct market, and a kid got an Austin Powers figure at TRU with a sound chip that said, "Do I make you h***y?"

Tycho
09-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Haha. That's funny. Society's still full of prudes.