PDA

View Full Version : Wave 4?...

Old Fossil
07-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Anybody know when this wave is supposed to start hitting stores? EE has it slated for a July release, but I thought I saw it tagged for a September release at the Hasbro CE presentation. Hopefully that's just for European retailers, and not in the U.S.

I'm eagerly awaiting CZ-4 and the concept Vader, and seeing how the curved cantina bar sections work with the old ones.

DarkArtist
07-15-2007, 01:43 PM
I think I remember reading somewhere that it has been pushed back till August but I'm still holding out that EE will start shipping out the pre-orders in July, maybe towards the end of July beginning of August.

I too am looking forward to getting the McVader to complete the McQuarrie Duel painting.

figrin bran
07-15-2007, 02:08 PM
I'll bet that Hasbro's focus on getting out as many Transformer movie toys as possible is holding up wave 4.

Mad Slanted Powers
07-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I've also ordered that case since the only duplicates are of troops. I also have a Lara Croft figure on order from there that has a July date on it as well.

waboritas
07-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Just found all of Wave 3 at my Target yesterday. Bought Luke, Darth, McChewie, Jawa, Biggs, and the 2 stormies. Cancelled the case I ordered from Starwarsshop as they took too long to get it in and I didn't need the 5 re-packs that were included. Saved $32 and shipping costs to boot.

Kidhuman
07-15-2007, 05:06 PM
Wave 4 is slated for September for me on EE. I know HAsbro pushed it back a bit due to the Legends line coming out now.

JediTricks
07-16-2007, 05:08 PM
What the hell??? Wave 4 after the midpoint of the year was bad enough, but after Summer entirely? Way to bury the line Hasbro! Hopefully EE's wrong, because we still don't have the last 2/3rds of the 2007 TAC line out yet.

figrin bran
07-16-2007, 11:28 PM
I just checked the EE site and it lists wave 4 as coming in July. I fully expect to see these figures on the pegs by month's end.

JediTricks
07-17-2007, 02:36 AM
Just in time for SDCC scalper scum to sell them at inflated prices the way wave 3 happened at CIV.

jedi master sal
07-17-2007, 10:55 AM
I have to be honest here that I'm thankful for the break. I've be going nuts getting the GG busts, and trying to army build the Legneds AOTC clones. SO if I've got another month and a half to catch up and recover, I'm good with that.

Other than wave 8, and 3 figs from Legends, there's not much army building left for me to do.

I will SO be glad when this years worth of collecting is over. Actually having moeny in my pocket again...I can't recall the last time that happened for any long period of time, heh heh.

-Sal

JediTricks
07-18-2007, 03:08 AM
I've enjoyed the break too, though it's outstayed its welcome now. But we're not going to be so grateful when the avalanche comes crashing down over the next 5 months with 5 more waves, nearly 40 figures.

pbarnard
07-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Most of the figures I'm eyeing for this year are in Wave 4 or later. There are a few in Saga Legends too, but mostly because I missed them due to exclusives or timing before. But this creates the problem of that if you miss a wave locally, you're SOL. This often happens with the wave that is post-Christmas because stores have peg warmers left over and don't order that last/first wave of the old/new year. But it will be odd/unusual to have it happen in the middle of the fall right as the ramp up to the holidays is happening.

Sith Lord 0498
07-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Actually having moeny in my pocket again...I can't recall the last time that happened for any long period of time, heh heh.

-Sal

Tell ya what...I'll look through what I have left and see if I can peddle some of that money out of your pocket one more time...

:thumbsup:

Old Fossil
07-22-2007, 10:29 PM
But we're not going to be so grateful when the avalanche comes crashing down over the next 5 months with 5 more waves, nearly 40 figures.

Based on this year's track record, I have to wonder if it's possible to see 1 new wave a month, though that's what will have to happen if TAC won't drag on into next March or April.

JediTricks
07-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Based on this year's track record, I have to wonder if it's possible to see 1 new wave a month, though that's what will have to happen if TAC won't drag on into next March or April.
It's possible, but that'd be some CRAZY production levels and case assortments. Generally it's an initial small blast of product in the main cases, then a trickle of new product with old product, then the new product BECOMES the old product as the cycle repeats, but at 1 new wave per month it'd be "here today, gone tomorrow" even worse than it already is.

Old Fossil
07-25-2007, 10:47 AM
EE now shows Wave 4 arriving in August.

I am soooo ready for a new figure or two!!!

DarkArtist
07-25-2007, 06:06 PM
EE now shows Wave 4 arriving in August.

I am soooo ready for a new figure or two!!!

I figured that what would happen but I was really hoping to get my McVader in the mail in July. McLuke is lonely. What surprises me is that since i pre-ordered them that EE has not sent out an email saying that the wave is delayed. When I pre-ordered the GG Slave Leia they sent me an email almost every week saying that the statue was expected to ship in May, then when it got pushed back to June they sent another saying it would be shipped in June.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-25-2007, 06:42 PM
I think we're all forgetting, though, that there were three waves of TSC that came out this year in January, February, and March, so it's not like we haven't been getting any figures at all.

JediTricks
08-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I think we're all forgetting, though, that there were three waves of TSC that came out this year in January, February, and March, so it's not like we haven't been getting any figures at all.
Well, it helps that those TSC waves were immensely forgettable.

Ephantmon
08-02-2007, 05:37 PM
my UGH wave 4 case shipped today from dnstoys.com. Should be here next week

bigbarada
08-02-2007, 06:06 PM

You forget that, with the exception of the "Wal-Mart wave" every single one of those figures was released last year and just carried over into this year. Even the Wal-Mart wave was just a series of repaints and kitbashed figures. So, it's not like we were getting new figures during those first three months.

Old Fossil
08-02-2007, 06:56 PM

Those waves were originally slated for November/December 2006. They were delayed and so was Wave 1 of TSC, which was originally set for January/February, if I recall. Hasbro has been 2 months behind on their announced release dates for going on a year now.

General_Grievous
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
From retail sites I've checked, Wave 4 should hit in Mid-August.

jedi master sal
08-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Well all this delay has made it easy to get caught up on figs. Well except for McFigs for many people. All the rest of them have been extremely easy to find and have been on the shelves long enough to get. (Well maybe the exception to the Rebel Honor Guard, at least in my case.)

-Sal

Kidhuman
08-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I have tons of Rebel Honor Guards round here if ya need some Sal.

jedi master sal
08-03-2007, 04:42 PM
I have tons of Rebel Honor Guards round here if ya need some Sal.

Thanks KH.
Right now I'm kind of on a holding pattern for buying. I have been picking them up though when I place orders with Hasbro. Though even then I haven't bought one from them in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know though, should I decide to get more of them.

Thanks again.
-Sal

figrin bran
08-04-2007, 12:17 AM
Sal, we have tons of Rebel Honor Guards out here as well so you'll be well covered should you decide you want more of them.

jedi master sal
08-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Sal, we have tons of Rebel Honor Guards out here as well so you'll be well covered should you decide you want more of them.

Thanks F_B. I'll keep you and KH posted.Originally I was going to go for 40 or them, but I've stalled on about 20. If I decide to get more, it won't be until September at least.

bigbarada
08-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Well all this delay has made it easy to get cought up on figs.

Well, for those of us who are not interested in just buying up whatever the Star Wars merchandising machine churns out, this delay is extremely frustrating. There's only a small handful of figures that I want and they keep getting pushed back and delayed because Hasbro wants to continue to clog the pegs with useless clones and other rehashes.

Old Fossil
08-07-2007, 10:15 PM
Well, for those of us who are not interested in just buying up whatever the Star Wars merchandising machine churns out, this delay is extremely frustrating. There's only a small handful of figures that I want and they keep getting pushed back and delayed because Hasbro wants to continue to clog the pegs with useless clones and other rehashes.

Well said!!!

Now we're a week into August. Nothing new in my neck of the woods, not even refresh cases of Legends. And all these frickin' banner adverts on the Web for TAC (especially EE's for Wave FIVE) are annoying the heck out of me. All this hype from the Conventions and whatnot, and ZERO product out there. If they're not gonna have the product available when they're supposed to, or even slightly later, then Hasbro needs to lay off the "hey, look what we're making NEXT, ain't it grand?" tomfoolery and shut the ____ up for a while, at least until they can get their design-marketing-distribution mega-mess into a functioning whole.

jedi master sal
08-07-2007, 11:05 PM

That's just it BB, I'm no longer intersted in everything Hasbro churns out. It's become much easier to stay caught up on figs. And for me to army build of course. It's also enabled me to get the GG clone commander busts without too much hassle as I haven't needed to budget so tight for both Hasbro and GG.

But I do understand your grief and yes I wish wave 4 and 5 were out now. Hey at least the new comic 2-packs are out. It's a start.

TheDarthVader
08-08-2007, 12:23 PM
I feel the same way. Hasbro should have wave four out by now. I believe it would greatly help the line.

TheRealDubya
08-10-2007, 07:17 PM
I just opened my Wave 4 (it showed up from Brian's Toys today.)

I really, really like the Fett and CZ-4; the McQuarrie Vader is sweet too. The cantina sections are very cool. Huge accessories.

My Umpass Stay and his drum are up for trade, if anyone wants them.

bigbarada
08-11-2007, 02:22 AM
My Umpass Stay and his drum are up for trade, if anyone wants them.

ME!ME!ME! I had and Umpass preordered from BT, but it seems that they ran short filling all their pre-orders and "one of every figure club" orders. So, I'll have to wait a couple more weeks.:cry:

I don't know if I have anything you want, though, since I can't find a single 2007 released figure and probably won't for a few months, since our pegs have recently been restocked with Saga2 figures.:frus:

TheRealDubya
08-11-2007, 05:20 AM
ME!ME!ME!

I don't know if I have anything you want, though...

It's all yours bro. PM me and we'll get it going. Slight caveat...it is loose because I want the coin...if that chnages it for you, no worries.

AmanaMatt
08-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Out here in Walmart Land (aka Texas) I am still waiting for Wave 4....wave 3 (McCHewie wave) is pegwarming pretty bad, but especially Biggs....just at Target though

I cannot wait for McVader....I am concerned that EU will be the new focus for now, and movie figs will only trickle out. An exception are the MCquarrie figs, of course

DarkArtist
08-14-2007, 02:46 PM
Has anyone spotted this wave yet. I am hearing that Brian's Toys has started to ship out Wave 4. I ordered from EE and haven't heard anything yet.

TheRealDubya
08-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey DA, mine showed up from Brian's last Friday. I have heard scattered reports from FL and CA about a case here and there, but it's been pretty quiet. I haven't heard anyone report on an EE shipment either. It's a great wave.

bigbarada
08-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I got an email from Brian's Toys yesterday that the Umpass Stay figure I pre-ordered was shipped. So it looks like I'll have two of them within the next couple of days.

Which is cool, now I can complete the drum accessory without having to wait for Ak-Rev (plus, the Hasbro rep using the word "hopefully" when talking about Ak-Rev's release next year has me a little concerned).

TheRealDubya
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
Are you going to use a Weequay as Ak-Rev?

bigbarada
08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Are you going to use a Weequay as Ak-Rev?

I hadn't thought of that, although I don't have a Weequay figure, because I never liked the POTF2 version. I do have a Sora Bolq figure, maybe I can swap out his lightsaber with the extra "drumbeater.":D

I all likelihood, though, Umpass will just be a lone drummer until Hasbro makes his musical partner. I have no intention of making a Jabba's Band diorama, but I will probably display both drummers with Rappertunie to represent the three least questionable (IMO) additions to the SE Rebo Band.

However, I really just want Umpass because he's the first new Klatooinian figure we've gotten since 1985. In case you haven't figured it out, I really like that species.:yes:

Here's hoping we see Kithaba in 2008. Heck, I'd even settle for Chokk or Torados Gon.

TheRealDubya
08-14-2007, 06:15 PM
The facial sculpt is amazing, I just didn't dig the static legs (I have the same issue with the Lava Miner.) If I could rate Wave 4, it'd look like this:

Luke Skywalker (Jedi): 3.5 out of 5 stars: great head scult, solid body, very cool bone accessory and hand wound. The soft goods tunic is an awesome idea, if strangely executed. I really wish he had come with a cloak and blaster. Felt kind of redundant.

M'iiyoom Onith: 5 of 5: Excellent cantina member, and much shorter than I had expected. Has her gun holster slightly on her back right hip, which is cool. Perfect head sculpt. Not an exciting figure, per se, but dead on.

Elis Helrot: 4 of 5: Spooky head sculpt, very cool "soft" plastic scarf which comes off easily, but stays on great. Has a very hard time holding his gun though. Cantina piece rocks!

Boba Fett (Animated Debut): 5 of 5: Unbelievably cool paint wash and colors, perfect tweaks of the VOTC Boba and an I-can't-believe-they-made-it pike accessory. I never thought we'd see this figure.

CZ-4: 5 of 5: My favorite of the bunch. Another phenomenal paint application and spot on sculpt. I have wanted this guy since 1978, when I first saw Star Wars at a drive in.

Umpass-Stay: 3 of 5: The static legs kill me (I'm spoiled on jointed legs now) but the head sculpt is unreal good. The head dress comes off to reveal his bumpy, alien head. His drumstick snaps into a loop on his back belt. The drum accessory is HUGE, and very, very cool. But alas...SPECIAL EDITIONS are not my forte.

Darth Vader (R. McQuarrie Concept): 4.5 of 5: A near home run, but I feel like the head sculpts could have been elongated a little more to more closely represent the strange nature of the McQuarrie sketches I remember. I LOVE his lightsaber hilt and blaster, and it's just cool to have a Darth with a gun and holster. Best...subline...ever?

bigbarada
08-14-2007, 07:28 PM
The facial sculpt is amazing, I just didn't dig the static legs (I have the same issue with the Lava Miner.) If I could rate Wave 4, it'd look like this:

Umpass-Stay: 3 of 5: The static legs kill me (I'm spoiled on jointed legs now) but the head sculpt is unreal good. The head dress comes off to reveal his bumpy, alien head. His drumstick snaps into a loop on his back belt. The drum accessory is HUGE, and very, very cool. But alas...SPECIAL EDITIONS are not my forte.

From the photos he looks like he might have ball-joint feet; but I can't be sure, if he does the joints are very well concealed. I think that will make up for the lack of knee articulation.

I'm not really that attached to the Jedi Rocks sequence, it's just that these two drummer boys have more in common with the OT than anything else in the Special Editions, since they used the existing Barada and Weequay masks for both characters. So, as far as I'm concerned, these guys are OT characters in new outfits.

waboritas
08-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Got confirmation for Starwarsshop.com that my case shipped on Wednesday.

DarkArtist
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
just got off the phone with customer service at EE. Wave 4 has been pushed back now till September along with wave 5. what I don't understand is how Hasbro can ship to some retailers and not others. I always thought that EE was really good with keeping orders update but I have yet to recieve an email from them since I placed the pre-order for Waves 4-7 in June.

bigbarada
08-18-2007, 02:07 AM
I got the Umpass Stay from TheRealDubya (thanks, dude!:D ) and Brian's Toys. This early on, I still notice some difference between the two (I hesitate to call them variations). The main difference is that one figure seems to have had a wash applied to his utility belt and the other one hasn't. The plastic used on his headdress is also a little different between the two figures: one is dull and kind of faded looking and the other is shiny with a much richer color to the plastic.

Overall, this is the surprise figure of the year for me. I didn't expect to like him this much and the fact that he's never been made before gives me that excitement level that was missing when I got the VTAC Bossk, IG-88 and Snowtrooper (even though, technically, those are still better figures). The fact that he's the first all-new Klatooinian figure in over 20 years is a big plus too.

My favorite figure of 2008 so far!:thumbsup: I'll try to post a more complete review in the Reviews section, sometime this weekend.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2007, 03:42 PM
My favorite figure of 2008 so far!:thumbsup:
Wow, he must be great, seeing as how 2008 doesn't start for four and a half months. ;)

bigbarada
08-19-2007, 11:16 PM
Wow, he must be great, seeing as how 2008 doesn't start for four and a half months. ;)

Oh, whoops, I meant 2007.:o

:D

Tycho
08-20-2007, 12:44 PM
I just got all of them from 8 or more cases sent to my Wal-Mart this morning, except CZ-4 and McVader.

They've hit and plenty of them.

Umpass Stay is a surprisingly really good figure!

Old Fossil
08-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I just got all of them from 8 or more cases sent to my Wal-Mart this morning, except CZ-4 and McVader.

They've hit and plenty of them.

It's on.:ninja:

Blue2th
08-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Seeins' how there hittin' now I'm gettin' the hunting fever again. Wish the Legends would clear out a little. There's not mushroom for anything else.

Old Fossil
08-20-2007, 01:05 PM
There's not mushroom for anything else.

Okay, that gave me pause.:laugh:

jedi master sal
08-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Okay, that gave me pause.:laugh:

Hey, he's just being a fungi...

Blue2th
08-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Hey, he's just being a fungi...
I'm gonna have to remember that lol

So I get all pumped up and go hunting after reading Tycho's post. Well, I had nothing else to do. Hit most of the Walmarts and Targets. What a big dissapointment! I shoulda known better. Nothing but an overwhelming amount of Legends and two outa three Walmarts still had Heroes and Villians. :ninja: I don't see wave 4 happening around here till them pegs get a little colder.
I did manage to find the Ceremonial Trooper with olive brown belt. Also picked up a Fan's Choice Sandtrooper. First time I'd ever seen one of those so it wasn't a total excersize in futility.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-20-2007, 08:45 PM
I've got wave 4 and wave 5 cases on order from EE, so I won't have to do much hunting other than to find extras of the McQuarrie figures. I'll also need to be checking for the Legends when all the troops start showing up - AOTC Clones, Dark Trooper, and droids. I've only ordered a case once before, since I usually don't want the duplicates. With these two cases, the only duplicates are of army builder types.

Thunderbird
08-20-2007, 10:53 PM
I found these today at Wal Mart as well. I pick up most of the new wave, but I did get 6 UGH's, 2 of each (Airborne Trooper, Concept Chewbacca, Animated Boba Fett) I'm on my way to a full set of coins this year:yes:
It will go good with my full set of Freeze Frames and the holo figures from last years GH.

I did just realize the coin holder won't hold all the coins:confused:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-21-2007, 01:54 AM
I did just realize the coin holder won't hold all the coins:confused:Buy another one. There seem to be plenty of them available.

Thunderbird
08-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Buy another one. There seem to be plenty of them available.

lollol I do have another one. It just one coin that won't fit, not counting the Vintage set or the European exclusives. Maybe there'll be some others not yet listed so the other holder will have more than just one coin.

DarkJedi5
08-23-2007, 12:10 AM
Boba Fett (Animated Debut): 5 of 5: Unbelievably cool paint wash and colors, perfect tweaks of the VOTC Boba and an I-can't-believe-they-made-it pike accessory. I never thought we'd see this figure.

Does anyone else like this Fett? I got the whole wave from Brian's Toys and this is the only one I can't make up my mind whether or not to keep. I've never seen the Holiday Special (nor have I any intention to) and I just don't know if I like the figure all that much. What they tried to do looks interesting but as far as I can tell it seems like it's just like the Marvel Comic 2-packs, another repaint with a funky paint job.

DarkJedi5
08-23-2007, 12:14 AM
just got off the phone with customer service at EE. Wave 4 has been pushed back now till September along with wave 5. what I don't understand is how Hasbro can ship to some retailers and not others. I always thought that EE was really good with keeping orders update but I have yet to recieve an email from them since I placed the pre-order for Waves 4-7 in June.

EE BLOWS! I pre-ordered waves 3 and 4 from them and after jerking me around for three months canceled my order for wave 3 (thank God I found the whole wave on one lucky trip to Target) and dropped my wave 4 order ASAP in favor of Brian's Toys one of each club. EE is just now shipping me SL wave 2 that I ordered the first week of June. From no on, I'm only ordering from them when they've got an exclusive like the Mandalorian pack.

jamesbondo07
08-23-2007, 10:02 AM
I found wave 4 today and found the mcchew, animated boba fett, and airborne UGH. I was allowed by the toys associate to open up the cases at Wal-Mart and to my surprise there was no mcvader or CZ-4 in the case. They had the UGHs and instead of Mcvader they had the wave 3 vader instead and 2 other wave 3 figures. :mad: I also noticed that it was wave 4.75 on the case. A little frustrating to catch them on the right day but get a revision of the wave that has the 2 figures I was looking forward to the most not put in the case.

TheRealDubya
08-23-2007, 11:07 AM
...in favor of Brian's Toys one of each club...

I am huge a proponent of the BT's One of Each club. It's a really stress-free, reliable way to get your figures well before they're in the stores with any regularity. I'll pay the shipping and $1 mark up happily to save on gas, wear and tear on my car and general time wasting. They have top notch customer service skills there. Highly recommended.

Old Fossil
08-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Anybody lucky enough to get the new curved Cantina bar sections who can report on how well they fit to the straight sections, and how it looks as a whole...?

TheRealDubya
08-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Anybody lucky enough to get the new curved Cantina bar sections who can report on how well they fit to the straight sections, and how it looks as a whole...?

They fit, and look great. Hasbro did a really great job to match the old pieces to the new curved pieces. I will take a few pictures tonight and post them.

DarkArtist
08-23-2007, 05:59 PM
found some of Wave 4 today at Walmart of all places. even though I ordered a case from EE which now has been pushed back to Sept, I picked up a Jedi Luke, Elis, and the Animated Boba Fett. They had Umpass and the other Cantina Alien but I passed.

Tycho
08-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Let's get some pictures posted of the completed Cantina Bar. I'm not going to be of much help as my straight sections are going to be in storage, but I'd like to see what others have done!

jedi master sal
08-24-2007, 02:33 AM
Let's get some pictures posted of the completed Cantina Bar. I'm not going to be of much help as my straight sections are going to be in storage, but I'd like to see what others have done!

Agreed. I'm excited to see the complete bar set up.

waboritas
08-24-2007, 09:32 AM
I got my Wave 4 case Rev. 2 from Star Wars Shop yesterday. Very happy with it. Will probably exchange the Galactic Marine for another Stormtrooper at retail, as I think I already have a couple of them and I have way more clone troopers than stormtroopers. At $7.75/figure, I am very happy with the results (showed up at my door, no time running around hunting (which I enjoy), but most important, no gas costs on my end and I only paid $.41 more for each figure than I would have paid at retail $7.34 with tax). Would def. do this in the future.

Old Fossil
08-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I found wave 4 today and found the mcchew, animated boba fett, and airborne UGH. I was allowed by the toys associate to open up the cases at Wal-Mart and to my surprise there was no mcvader or CZ-4 in the case. They had the UGHs and instead of Mcvader they had the wave 3 vader instead and 2 other wave 3 figures. :mad: I also noticed that it was wave 4.75 on the case. A little frustrating to catch them on the right day but get a revision of the wave that has the 2 figures I was looking forward to the most not put in the case.

That was exactly my experience last night! I was allowed to open up three cases of this wave "4.75". I almost bought the UGH Animated Debut Fett, but the figure just didn't impress me on any level save the packaging. I bought 2 each of Elis Helrot and Mi'yoom Onith, and must now figure out where the heck I've stored my straight bar sections.:Ponder:

The Jedi Luke looks like crap!

Tycho
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
The Jedi Luke looks like crap!

He's about the only SA Death Star II Luke that we've gotten (under the tunic). Just his tunic flap is closed, instead of hanging open like after the Final Jedi Duel - but I bet customizers can add a black glove hand from somewhere.

Old Fossil
08-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Okay, I put all my bar sections together. They are not a snug fit, and the floor areas for the curved sections do not quite match those of the straight ones. The seat "cushions" are a little different, too. It's a tight fit for Wuher, as can be seen. But it's a great feeling to see the sections finally completed. All in all, I'm very pleased with this... the "Cantina" chapter of my collection is nearly closed. All it needs now are the Tonnikas.

Tycho
08-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Sweet Old Fossil!!!!

You're the first. Do you have easy access to your:

Greedo
Momaw
Ponda
Evezan
Zutton
Takeel
Labrina
Lak Sivrak
Ketwol
Nabrum Leids
Muftak
Kabe
Kitik Keed Kak
Djas Puhr
Bo Shek
Jawa
Dannik Jerriko
Hem Dazon
Obi-Wan
Luke Tatooine (not TAC, please!!!)
Chewbacca
Han Solo

figures, and more? - I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Agreed:

Brea Tonnika
Senni Tonnika
Hrchek Kal Fas (Saurin)
Bom Vimdim (Advoze)
Dice Ebegon
Reegesk (Ranat)
Brainiac
Tzzvzt Vzzvzt (spelling)
and more

are still needed, but that would look so awesome! The cantina diorama is one of the best you can make.

I think it's horseshoe and you don't need curves at BOTH ends of the bar, but I'm not positive on that.

TheRealDubya
08-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Here's a couple of quick shots I took last night.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Here's a couple of quick shots I took last night.

Hey, we don't serve their kind here! The pirate and the wizard will have to wait outside!

TheRealDubya
08-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey, we don't serve their kind here! The pirate and the wizard will have to wait outside!

Yeah, who let those guys in? I guess the Leaky Cauldron and Rusty Harpoon were closed.

Old Fossil
08-24-2007, 11:42 AM
I think it's horseshoe and you don't need curves at BOTH ends of the bar, but I'm not positive on that.

You're right, I believe, but I always wanted to display it with no ends open.

I like RealDubya's photos... nice lighting and use of the backdrop!

I was not able to cobble together much with my 3-year old hanging onto me, but I managed a hasty setup (without dusting the shelves first, alas!).

Tycho
08-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Dude, your pictures are awesome! (Dubya's and Fossil's).

Fossil, I like how you made some kind of drink distiller device out of Luke Bespin's medical wrap device, LOL.

The cantina has got to be SW's most inconic scene! You can almost hear the Cheers theme music playing "Where Everybody Knows Your Name..."

It's funny how Dubya added Jack Sparrow and such to the scene.

3 3/4" action figures of Sam and Carla from Cheers (and Dr. Frasier Crane talking to Dr. Evezan, LOL) while Bo Shek is trying to pick up on Dianne or Rebecca, would be classic. Meanwhile, Captain Jack needs his whcres but the Tonnika Sisters would do. The two Sandtroopers in Dubya's bar remind me of the two British Officers who are always trying to get Capt. Jack, btw. You should paint "red coats" on them, haha.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Fossil, I like how you made some kind of drink distiller device out of Luke Bespin's medical wrap device, LOLIt could still be a medical device. You never know when someone's going to lose an appendage in a Star Wars bar.

Tycho
08-24-2007, 04:39 PM
"....at the Star Wars...
Star Wars Cantina.....
Da Weirdest Creatures
You've Ever Seena...."

- I think it's Weird Al's song that's now ringing through my brain. (At least there's something up there.)

El Chuxter
08-24-2007, 08:00 PM
That's not really Weird Al. It's mistakenly attributed to him quite often, though.

bigbarada
08-24-2007, 08:04 PM
I've heard it credited to They Might Be Giants as well.

JediTricks
08-25-2007, 03:36 AM
He's about the only SA Death Star II Luke that we've gotten (under the tunic). Just his tunic flap is closed, instead of hanging open like after the Final Jedi Duel - but I bet customizers can add a black glove hand from somewhere.And belt, and the fact that he has a big stupid gap in the middle of his torso because they dedicated the set to Tatooine yet again!!! What the hell is that anyway? Why the hate for Death Star Luke?!? The last one we got was a gimmicky freak that looked more like Harpo Marx than Mark Hamill.

Okay, I put all my bar sections together. They are not a snug fit, and the floor areas for the curved sections do not quite match those of the straight ones. The seat "cushions" are a little different, too. It's a tight fit for Wuher, as can be seen. But it's a great feeling to see the sections finally completed. All in all, I'm very pleased with this... the "Cantina" chapter of my collection is nearly closed. All it needs now are the Tonnikas.Pretty cool, but yeah, too tight a fit for him. Did you know that the far end of the bar actually is a wall and not a second curve OR open?

You're right, I believe, but I always wanted to display it with no ends open.

I like RealDubya's photos... nice lighting and use of the backdrop!

I was not able to cobble together much with my 3-year old hanging onto me, but I managed a hasty setup (without dusting the shelves first, alas!).Nice use of cups, freestand column tables, and Luke's tourniquet device as a makeshift drink dispenser, very creative and it totally works. Now just add some pipes and IG-88's head. :D

darthvyn
08-25-2007, 09:46 AM
That's not really Weird Al. It's mistakenly attributed to him quite often, though.

yeah, i'm pretty sure it's richard cheese (http://www.richardcheese.com).

Old Fossil
08-26-2007, 10:24 PM
Nice use of cups, freestand column tables, and Luke's tourniquet device as a makeshift drink dispenser, very creative and it totally works. Now just add some pipes and IG-88's head. :D

Thanks... later I added Aunt Beru's blue milk pitcher.:thumbsup:

tagmac
09-02-2007, 11:18 PM
While I ordered a case from EE, I was hoping to find a set in the store so as to not have to get repacks. Went into WM this past Saturday and found one M'iiyoom Onith and one Elis Helrot. The funny thing is that aside from one DS Trooper (which could have been a leftover from a wave 3 case, as there were no other re-pack figs sitting on the pegs), these were the only non-legends figs on the pegs. I found it interesting, considering these are not doubles in the case, so why would someone leave only these two? I'm guessing what I found was not the remnants of being too late, but either returns or remnants of a case with these and some UGH figs.

I left these on the pegs, and interestingly enough, found them STILL on the pegs over 6 hours later when I went back to pick up some other things. What do you all think? As it is, with work starting back up this week, I can't hit Targets and TRU's at opening anymore, so I'm resigning myself to keeping the case I pre-ordered and dealing with the re-packs, which at least are army builders.

Old Fossil
09-03-2007, 12:02 AM
I bought doubles of Elis Helrot and Mi'yoom Onith, but a lone Elis has lingered on the pegs at my WM for almost a week now. Seems few if any others in my area are interested in completing the Cantina bar.

Sinscia Fat'o
09-03-2007, 01:54 AM
I bought doubles of Elis Helrot and Mi'yoom Onith, but a lone Elis has lingered on the pegs at my WM for almost a week now. Seems few if any others in my area are interested in completing the Cantina bar.

I seen both those mentioned today which is my stores first shipment of TAC figures, this was at about 9 this morning, i went back around 2 and they where all gone except for the storm trooper, i wasn't intested because i already ordered said figures, so i figured i would help out someone else. The Two packs are also moving quite fast, well the wave three ones are, the wave one marvel stuff still hangs around.

TheDarthVader
09-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Here is a list of the remaining cantina patrons that need to be made:

Bom Vimdim
Braniac
Dice Ibegon
Hrchek Kal Fas
Jenny
Tonnika Sisters
Leesub Sirln
Melas
Reegesk
Sai'torr Kal Fas
Solomahal
Swilla Corey
Trinto Duaba
Tzizvvt
Yerka Mig

DarkJedi5
09-03-2007, 09:18 PM

Bom Vimdim
Braniac
Dice Ibegon
Hrchek Kal Fas
Jenny
Tonnika Sisters
Leesub Sirln
Melas
Reegesk
Sai'torr Kal Fas
Solomahal
Swilla Corey
Trinto Duaba
Tzizvvt
Yerka Mig

Yes, but i'd rather see a new Evazan and Ponda Boba far more than half the characters on this list.

Old Fossil
09-03-2007, 09:28 PM

Bom Vimdim
Braniac
Dice Ibegon
Hrchek Kal Fas
Jenny
Tonnika Sisters
Leesub Sirln
Melas
Reegesk
Sai'torr Kal Fas
Solomahal
Swilla Corey
Trinto Duaba
Tzizvvt
Yerka Mig

Add: Banniss Keeg (the "other" Duro):thumbsup:

Ric Olie
09-03-2007, 09:39 PM
Could someone put together the curved Cantina bar ends together making a simple circle and take a picture of it? I'm intersted in seeing how that would look. Would be great if Hasbro updated the straight peices to match these new curve sections.

Tycho
09-03-2007, 09:41 PM
I'll take:

Bom Vimdim (it's hinted by Hasbro that we're getting him in 2008 anyway)
Braniac
Dice Ibegon
Hrchek Kal Fas
Tonnika Sisters
Reegesk
Tzizvvt

And then I think I'm good. I'm tired of resculpts, btw. It feels like I'm spending money on stuff I've already got. I know I've done that a little with Transformers lately, but I want to stop and cut it out.

Droid
09-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Putting a straight piece in between the two curved pieces really helps with Wuher's movement issues and makes room for people to stand at the bar. I twisted the stools off of the front piece so that there were at least no stools in the front part and I didn't put the stools in on the curved pieces.

Tycho
09-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Do you have a picture, Droid?

jedi master sal
09-06-2007, 03:00 PM

Yeah, I'd like to see a photo of that too. It seems like something I had in mind for the diorama as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I don't yet have the curved pieces, but it seems that a whole extra straight piece would make it too wide. If you don't mind that, or having the main straight sections being too long, then the fact that there have so far been nine bar sections works out well (four on each side).

Sinscia Fat'o
09-06-2007, 05:23 PM
I'll take:

Bom Vimdim (it's hinted by Hasbro that we're getting him in 2008 anyway)
Braniac
Dice Ibegon
Hrchek Kal Fas
Tonnika Sisters
Reegesk
Tzizvvt

And then I think I'm good. I'm tired of resculpts, btw. It feels like I'm spending money on stuff I've already got. I know I've done that a little with Transformers lately, but I want to stop and cut it out.

Bom Vimdim is long over due, cant wait for him, awesome character and great look.

Dice Ibegon, would be cool with Lak Sivrak, (Resculpted), though im not sure how they would do this one by herself. Though the character deserves to be made one way or the other.

Braniac, while i could care less about Brainiac one way or the other, if he comes with a piece of the Bar i will be very pleased, espically one that has been out already.....

Hrchek Kal Fas, I would love for this character to finally be made. One of these has never been made, and well long over due to say the least.

Tonnika Sisters, What can i say that hasnt been said time and time out...one of the most requested figure ever from a new hope...and no chance in hell of these ever seeing the light of day? (Though they did have a micro machine figure made by Galoob...WTF)

Reegesk, who dont want a big hooded rat? LOL, one could only hope for him to be made.

Tzizvvt, much like Brainiac, a cool character but i could care less if it ever sees the light of day.

Rycar Ryrad, the small person at the bar, (Also featured in the Deipher Card Game, now thats a figure i could get behind.) Not enough midgets in star wars.

Droid
09-06-2007, 09:02 PM

Not yet. I haven't finished setting up the scene yet. I'll see what I can do in the coming days...

The middle of the bar is a bit wide, but it would be good if they do give us the distillery.

Also, I am only using five of the straight pieces, two on each side and one in the front between the two curved pieces. I think using all of the pieces makes the bar way too long, especially given how few figures we have that were actually standing at the bar in the movie. I have a lot of left over pieces for what I want to do, which is why I didn't mind breaking off the stools from the straight piece I put in the front.

JediTricks
09-07-2007, 02:32 AM
I don't yet have the curved pieces, but it seems that a whole extra straight piece would make it too wide. If you don't mind that, or having the main straight sections being too long, then the fact that there have so far been nine bar sections works out well (four on each side).I thought it'd make it too wide as well, but have you seen how wide the dispenser is? It's twice Wuher's width at least, and then he has to walk around it. I need to see a photo of this in play, I think it'll be too wide as well (it of course will be for the curve alone) but I'm not tossing the idea yet.

Tycho
09-07-2007, 03:58 AM
So Reegesk is officially a hood-rat? :D

JEDIpartner
09-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I still can't find this wave at all!!!! What the heck is going on?

Kidhuman
09-13-2007, 04:16 PM
JP, amazon.com has them all up on their site with free shipping over $25 dollar orders. I got mine from there. I got Elis Herlot, Animated Fett, and Umpass Stay, but they also have My'iion whatever and JEdi Luke. The CZ-4 and Vader are really expensive, but the others are 6.99 each. Good deal after the shipping.

mericen
09-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I also have yet to see Wave 4, in central Ohio. Almost all of the Targets are still putting out wave 3 boxes, so they have way too many Biggs, Vaders and Galactic Marines. And the Wal-Marts are inundated with Saga Legends, mostly the white clones. So I do not know that they ever will put out wave 4, hopefully they will. I suspect, I will see wave 5 before I see wave 4. But this is only a guess.

JEDIpartner
09-14-2007, 01:43 PM
That's what I'm thinking as well. I actually have them on order someplace, but I was hoping to find them at retail so I could just cancel the order.

El Chuxter
09-14-2007, 02:01 PM
The WM near my house was heavily inundated with Legends, almost all from last year. However, they unexpectedly expanded the SW display for Wave 4, Wave 5, and Legends Wave 2. I wouldn't be surprised if more do this. I'm sure the Wal-Mart and Target corporations are sitting on a lot of more recent figures.

MASTERKESSLER
09-14-2007, 03:57 PM
I Have Not Had Any Luck With The Tac's This Year At All. I Have Had To Get Toys R Us Employees To Bring Them Out From The Back And When They Did They Where All Damaged. That Was Wave Three. I Have Found Umpass Stay And The Two Catina Aliens And That Is It. I Ordered An Animated Boba Fett From Amazon And They Sent Me The Ugh Which Was Great. It Is The Only Ugh That I Have Ever Seen Including Last Years As Well. Niether Of The Two Walmarts Have Any Star Wars Action Figures And The Toys R Us Has 122 Legends. So You Know That They Will Not Be Putting Out Any More. K Mart Never Really Has Anything And Then Target Has Wave 2 Of The Legends And That Is It. Meijer Has Saga Figures Still. This Is A City Of Over 100,000 People You Would Think That We Would Get Them But No. I Feel Sorry For The Collectors That Live In Small Town Because They Must Be Having A Terrible Time. I Dont Ever Remember It Being This Hard To Collect.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2007, 06:17 PM
You don't need to capitalize every word in the sentence - just the first one, proper nouns, and a few choice others. :)

If wave 4 still hasn't shipped from EE, then that worries me somewhat since I ordered wave 5 from them. Hopefully I'll get it soon.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-14-2007, 07:31 PM
You don't need to capitalize every word in the sentence - just the first one, proper nouns, and a few choice others. :)Indeed. Also, I think it would be much easier to type without having to hit the shift key so often.

I've not been checking as much regularly. I think last Friday was the last time I checked Wal-Mart and Target. I have all the figures from wave 4-7 on order from EE anyway, so I mainly need to get any duplicates I want, plus keep an eye open for any new battle packs. I'm still looking for a second concept Boba Fett since I've been getting duplicates of the concept figures.

Kidhuman
09-14-2007, 09:37 PM
If You Type The Whole Message In Caps It Then Just Capitalizes The First Letter In Each Word.

Kidhuman
09-14-2007, 09:39 PM
I also have all the waves on preorder. I canceled my Wave 4 order from EE because I found every one at retail so far sans the Vader and CZ-4.

Wave 5 - New Force Comics
Wave 6 - Brians Toys(set of 5 figs for 50 bucks, including the Mcfigure)
Wave 7 - NFC as well.

jedi master sal
09-14-2007, 11:54 PM
I got my wv4 case (with McVader and CZ-4) at RazorsEdge.
I just paid for my wv5 case this morning and it's on the way, so I should receive that Tuesday or Wednesday. RazorsEdge again.
I have a pre-order for wv6 with RazorsEdge as well.

I get great deals from them. Cases are $75 each. Shipping for one case is $7. Shipping for two cases is $10-11, shipping for three cases is (IIRC) $14.

Considering the great case breakdowns for wvs 4, 5 and 6, I'm hardly geting any extras and most of those are army builders that I want anyway. Out of the wv4 case I only have a Galactic Marine to get rid of. Nothing from the wv5 case is extra and I'll only have three figs from the wv6 case to trade or sell (at cost). Those being Han/Torture rack, Lando Smuggler, and 4-Lom. (Any takers, please PM me.)

So even if I get stuck with the 4 figures total from 3 cases I've ordered, I'm STILL saving a bundle compared to retail. Not to mention the gas, time and frustration saved.

I know many of you still like the hunt, but it's grown weary on me. Now when I go to stores it's only for army builders or the occaasional second fig I want. Those are mostly easy to find. (Mostly)

figrin bran
09-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Sal, I can't find any wave 4,5 or 6 currently for preorder on Razor's Edge. Mike is always a pleasure to deal with so I'll keep them in mind for future assortments.

Kidhuman
09-15-2007, 08:18 AM
I was looking there too. I didnt find any either.

Old Fossil
09-15-2007, 09:39 AM
This is getting ridiculous... I have seen most of Wave 5 but STILL no McVader or CZ-4 ANYWHERE. It's now mid-September and I am beginning to despair of finding these figures at retail. Of course, usually when I cave in and buy one off Ebay I find them on the pegs somewhere that same week, so I'm gonna hold off a bit yet and hope against hope that one or both of them greet me on one of my toy runs.

For a wave that was supposed to hit over two months ago, this situation sucks eggs.:mad:

Old Fossil
09-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Wave 4 apparently made a cameo appearance on hasbrotoyshop.com yesterday... the Cantina patrons were still in stock as of this morning, though.:rolleyes:

TheRealDubya
09-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Wave 4 apparently made a cameo appearance on hasbrotoyshop.com yesterday... the Cantina patrons were still in stock as of this morning, though.:rolleyes:

I almost get the feeling that HTS is on the verge of being a great online store. I just am baffled that they aren't fully stocked at all times. I wonder if they hold back at all so's not to step on their brick & mortar clients' toes?

Tycho
09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm quite sure I read somewhere that HasbroToyShop.com is an outside contractor (with Hasbro) but is not actually contained within the corporate structure of the company.

The other thing is, like any retailer, HTS gets cases in from Hong Kong. If you order from them, your figures are not delivered to you directly from China. That is why they could be out-of-stock on something, or can't just adjust production and distribution accordingly.

The manufacturing is done by outsource, too. If those factories turned around and added a shipping business to their doorstep, things might be tremendously improved.

But as it is, someone opened a plastic engineering plant and hired workers. They bid and got their contract from Hasbro.

Hasbro had the marketing and licensing stuff in place, but could not compete with the cost savings of overseas production, versus opening plastics plants in Rhode Island.

In the same vein, the plastic factory did not have the capital or maybe even the interest, in paying George Lucas off. Also, Lucas' tax dollars protect him via FBI copyright investigations should anyone try to sell SW stuff in US markets without paying him.

That's just the way it worked out to bring us SW figures. SW may not even be as important in Chinese culture, so it might've never happened for us, if it was left to the factory owners to decide what to produce. You have to think that using plastic to make rubber window seals would be a much "surer" sale.

Now, today, the factory would have to want to buy out Hasbro's license (good through 2018) and hope that it would be completely profitable for them (it would not be - look at your local store's full racks) and they might not have the personnel in the USA in place (like Hasbro's merchandisers) to monitor the market, so it's just never going to improve.

Hasbro itself structures its marketing and PR business around offering us excuses. I just gave you the facts. What are they going to do? Say something like that? Then their excuse-engineers wouldn't be worth their salaries.

TheRealDubya
09-26-2007, 02:27 PM
...excuse-engineers...

I love it. We should get some business cards made up and mail them to Pawtucket.

Battle Droid
09-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Both Wal-Mart.com and Amazon.com have Wave 4 in stock except for CZ-4 and Concept Vader.

Edit: Oops, neither have Animated Boba Fett.

JEDIpartner
09-26-2007, 04:36 PM
I just got my case of Wave 4 from Andrew's Toyz.

tagmac
09-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Two TRU's in NJ finally got them in, although one only had Luke (and several of him at that). The other had Luke, Umpass Stay, Animated Boba, & Elis Helrot, with no sign of CZ-4 and McVader (of course). Interestingly enough, there was no M'yiioom Onith, which leads me to believe they had gotten in the UGH cases (as one assortment doesn't have him) rather than the regular case. I don't believe for a second that there would be all four other figures there with Onith (packed no differently) suddnely being popular.

MicroJow
09-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Don't despair, folks: I was teetering on the edge of "just buy them off eBay" pit when what to my wondering eyes should appear but a case of Wave 4 at Target (Southern California, Los Angeles area) which included CZ-4 and McQuarrie Vader!

That was on Monday afternoon. This morning, they brought out 2 of these cases and my fellow collectors got their CZs, Vaders and UGHS (R2, Mace & Marine.)

The cases are out there, they're starting to leak into Target. STAY ON TARGET.

- J!

Tycho
09-26-2007, 11:49 PM
STAY ON TARGET.

They're too close! Loosen up!

tagmac
09-27-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't know....my Target has had the same Wave 1-3 figures rotting on the pegs for over a month, with nothing added that I could tell (although I wouldn't be surprised to see them get some new stuff in this weekend). As for Wal-Mart, the one closest to me had all of about 10 figures on the pegs, four of which were Naboo Troopers and Endor Troopers from the Saga collection!

Between these and the new GI Joe figures, I can't tell which ones are being restocked less!

El Chuxter
09-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Between these and the new GI Joe figures, I can't tell which ones are being restocked less!

No kidding! I found the whole first wave of GIJoes one day, bought them all, and realized my Snake Eyes was broken. I took it back the next day, and there were none. Besides one lone Flint, I have not seen a single individually carded GIJoe since. And that was over a month ago!

figrin bran
09-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Wave 2 of the Joes has been found already though you probably wouldn't know it by the empty pegs at your local stores.

I found everything i wanted at a WM, then saw some more at a Target the same day but have not seen anymore of the singles since.

As for wave 4, I've seen remnants at my local TRU but nowhere else thus far.

JEDIpartner
09-27-2007, 01:19 PM
I don't know....my Target has had the same Wave 1-3 figures rotting on the pegs for over a month, with nothing added that I could tell (although I wouldn't be surprised to see them get some new stuff in this weekend). As for Wal-Mart, the one closest to me had all of about 10 figures on the pegs, four of which were Naboo Troopers and Endor Troopers from the Saga collection!

This is quite true! All of the retailers here are stocked to ends of their pegs. It's sad that they can't move the product. The TRU promotion this week isn't really helping either! I knew the day would come when people were sick of clones! I mean, people wanted army builders before 'cos there weren't enough of them. Now, there are far too many of them. Oh, well.

JediTricks
09-27-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm quite sure I read somewhere that HasbroToyShop.com is an outside contractor (with Hasbro) but is not actually contained within the corporate structure of the company.That's my theory as well, you may have read my posts suggesting it, but if you read it somewhere else, LMK. Their operation is run just like they were EE or any other e-tailer rather than an arm of Hasbro.

The manufacturing is done by outsource, too. If those factories turned around and added a shipping business to their doorstep, things might be tremendously improved.

But as it is, someone opened a plastic engineering plant and hired workers. They bid and got their contract from Hasbro.

Hasbro had the marketing and licensing stuff in place, but could not compete with the cost savings of overseas production, versus opening plastics plants in Rhode Island.Hasbro has "Hasbro Far East" which seems to be the people in charge of finding, hiring, and controlling independent Chinese factories to make their toys for them, even down to mold making and parts of design, it seems. The same factories that make Star Wars for Hasbro may make Barbie for Mattel. It's a convoluted system that everybody seems to have switched to in the past few decades. Manufacturing in the US can't compete with Chinese wages which up until this year have been at nearly-slavery levels, and the Chinese factories have been so desperate for the work that they've thrown in the costs of moldmaking for free to get the business (which has led to an immense shortage of metals in China in the last 2 years). The reality is that China can no longer afford to make product at the level of costs it's been going at, and will have to adjust - at that point, it may indeed be cheaper to move manufacturing back to North America (which likely will mean Mexico) but Hasbro doesn't actually have any actual manufacturing experience under their belts so even if they could make it cost-effective to start a new US plant, they couldn't run it.

The reality is that we see Hasbro as something bigger and more capable than it is, Hasbro is mainly the design and distribution part of the equation. What shocks me is how badly they've failed in the "distribution" aspect of their job in the past few years, it's been getting worse and worse in their top-seller lines - it's as if they have no idea what DOES sell, only what they think SHOULD sell.

Target and TRU have been impossible to deal with for consistent shelving of this wave and beyond, they don't put them out at a realistic time for normal customers to get product and they don't put out enough to make it work. It's totally unbearable (I'd mention WM here but they suck so bad in the LA area that it's not even worth visiting).

Tycho
09-28-2007, 02:50 PM
- it's as if they have no idea what DOES sell, only what they think SHOULD sell.

Haven't I been saying that all along? What we need is the re-release of 1996's Cruise Missile Trooper with a Commemorative Coin!

DarkArtist
09-30-2007, 06:00 PM
I have to say that I am so ****ed off at EE. Now the website says that Wave 4 is expected in October and I checked my other pre-orders and if this holds true then that means I'll get slammed for waves 4-6 in one shipment. while it would be nice to have all the figures at once, not looking forward to the credit statement.

I think this might be the last time I pre-order anything from EE unless it is a product that they are only selling. Does anyone have another on-line store they can recommend for pre-ordering figures ?

DarkJedi5
09-30-2007, 07:40 PM
I think this might be the last time I pre-order anything from EE unless it is a product that they are only selling. Does anyone have another on-line store they can recommend for pre-ordering figures ?

I like Brian's Toys myself. Had the same problem as you with the EE crap and decided I didn't need the hassle. Brian's is a little more expensive if you join the "One of Each" club but I love it cause they ship pretty quick and I get one of each, which, with the McFigs can be tough to do otherwise.

Kidhuman
09-30-2007, 08:09 PM
DarkArtist:

Try www.newforcecomics.com

Mad Slanted Powers
09-30-2007, 11:00 PM
DarkArtist:

Try www.newforcecomics.com

Looks like most of the upcoming waves are sold out. The only thing under instock basic figures was some GH stuff. I've tried looking at a lot of sites, but I never seem to find the selection that Brian's Toys has. Some stuff is too expensive, especially new figures and harder to find ones, but there aren't too many figures that I miss out on. So, I can wait until I am sure I won't find them in the store and then look into Brian's Toys or eBay and see if I can find it for a price I am willing to pay.

I don't mind waiting for the cases from EE as long as it doesn't turn into a Kebco fiasco. I am a patient boy.

Luuuuuuke
09-30-2007, 11:57 PM
Brian's Toys? Their prices are disgraceful. They and Toywiz are the worst. Actually, Toywiz may be the worst, though Brian's Toys seems to get bashed more from what I've seen. I have never been desperate or impatient enough to even feel the twinge to order from Brian's Toys. Of course Brian's Toys has a great selection; it probably takes a little longer for them to sell stuff out because the prices are so prohibitive. Toywiz has a great selection too. I mean, $39.99 for the Darktrooper...that's not exactly going to sell out quick.I'd take my chance on eBay over Brian's Toys or Toywiz.

I think Bigbadtoystore is pretty good. And if a certain case is really good, I think EE is fine. But I do wish there was a better variety of options, especially for single figures, online.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Certainly I wouldn't buy new stuff from Brian's unless I decided to go with the one of every figure thing. The prices for that don't seem to be that much more. However, I prefer to take my chances at retail as I've had pretty good luck. Brian's Toys was good for me when I got into collecting back in 1999 because I was able to get a lot of the POTF2 that I had missed at (mostly) reasonable prices. After that, I would only go there months after the end of a line to get the figures I had missed. I was reluctant to try eBay until a couple years ago. I've only bought one case from EE, which was wave 8 or 9 of TSC. I have waves 4-7 on order mainly because the assortments are such that the only duplicates are of army builders. This way I won't have to worry so much about getting to the stores as often. The downside is I might miss battle packs or Legends figures that I might want. I also want doubles of the McQuarrie figures.

tagmac
10-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Two TRU's in NJ finally got them in, although one only had Luke (and several of him at that). The other had Luke, Umpass Stay, Animated Boba, & Elis Helrot, with no sign of CZ-4 and McVader (of course). Interestingly enough, there was no M'yiioom Onith, which leads me to believe they had gotten in the UGH cases (as one assortment doesn't have him) rather than the regular case. I don't believe for a second that there would be all four other figures there with Onith (packed no differently) suddnely being popular.

Found the rest of Wave 4 in two different stores this weekend. Of course, this was AFTER I'd given in and ordered a CZ-4 and Onith off of Amazon, only to walk in to Bozcov's of all places andfind four figures left over from a case of this wave - UGH Mace and Galctic Marine, and CZ-4 among them! How this one was still left, I don't know, but I guess it was "punishment" for me not being patient for a few more days. Got the UGH figures as well.

Saturday, I go into TRU, and sure enough, there's ONE M'yiioom Onith, as well as a UGH R2 and three McVaders. Bought the Vader and R2, although I'll likely end up returning Darth since he'll be coming in my Wave 5 case from EE, whenever that ships.

So, my lack of patience puts me about $20 behind, even with TRU's buy 2 get 1 free sale, all on the shipping it cost me for those two figures. :upset: (And yet part of me believes that, had I not ordered them, that CZ-4 would never have been hanging at Boscov's).

Kidhuman
10-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Isnt it CZ-4?

TheRealDubya
10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Brian's Toys? Their prices are disgraceful. They and Toywiz are the worst. Actually, Toywiz may be the worst...

Actually, their prices are not bad, especially for the One of Every Figure club ($7.99 per fig, $8.00 for shipping per wave.) They also send only C-9 out to Club members, which is nice if you're a carded collector (I am not.) As a counterpoint to ToyWiz (which is awful, price wise), BT has the Dark Trooper for a relatively decent $14.99. Granted, the Legends figs don't fall under the One of Every membership.

tagmac
10-01-2007, 12:33 PM
Whoops! Thanks - corrections made. I typed that so fast, I didn't pay attention to what I was doing.

Luuuuuuke
10-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Actually, their prices are not bad, especially for the One of Every Figure club ($7.99 per fig, $8.00 for shipping per wave.) They also send only C-9 out to Club members, which is nice if you're a carded collector (I am not.) As a counterpoint to ToyWiz (which is awful, price wise), BT has the Dark Trooper for a relatively decent $14.99. Granted, the Legends figs don't fall under the One of Every membership.

I dunno, I disagree. If the only way to pay sane prices is to join a buy every figure club, that's pretty bad. And $14.99 is not "relatively decent" for a Darktrooper. That's pretty indecent, actually. I presume they're getting their stock in bulk and at wholesale prices. The only way $14.99 is "relatively decent" for a Darktrooper is if you compare it to Toywiz's $39.99 for a Darktrooper. That is just mind-blowing. I always laugh when Toywiz sends a "coupon" for 5% off total purchases. Yeah, that makes a difference.

Then again, if you're up crap creek as far as being able to find figures, I suppose desperate measures are in order.

Old Fossil
10-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Things were pretty bleak this time last year, as I remember it. I was hunting high and low for the Saga Endor wave of figures. There was nothing new on the pegs for weeks. Maybe July-September is just generally a bad time for finding new figures...

I've been trolling Ebay a little lately for CZ-4 and McVader, but haven't cast a line. I always find what I wanted a couple of weeks after I overpay for an item on Ebay (if it is a current issue figure, that is). Gonna hold out a while longer.

Mad Slanted Powers
10-01-2007, 09:50 PM
While I was in Williamsport, PA last week, I did see the two Cantina patrons at TRU. I saw wave 4 back here in Bellingham for the first time today at a Fred Meyer. They had all but M'iiyoom and Concept Vader. Since I have them on order, I didn't get any. I considered getting a second Holiday Fett and CZ-4 but passed at this point.

figrin bran
10-02-2007, 12:18 PM
For those that are openers and don't have CZ-4 yet, be careful with his wrists as I broke off the right wrist yesterday. As I was trying to rotate the wrist, I noticed some tightness in the joint and then it just broke off.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-02-2007, 11:49 PM
EE said my wave 5 case shipped today . . . what about people here who ordered wave 4 from them?

Mad Slanted Powers
10-02-2007, 11:57 PM
I got an update on all my orders yesterday but no ship confirmation yet. I did receive a Lara Croft figure that had been on backorder from the same time I ordered Wave 4.

Old Fossil
10-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Finally, after looking for Wave 4 since July, I found a lone case on the pegs, mixed in amongst Wave 5 and Saga Legends. Picked up the 1 Vader and 1 CZ-4. They're great figures, but any real excitement I might have had about finding them is tempered by mere relief at not having to wonder if I'll ever see them on the pegs, or if I'll have to break down and simply go online.

I did not open Vader. I opened CZ-4, though, and I have to say it's wonderfully done -- sculpt, paint, and articulation. Some kind of added accessory would've been nice to help justify the $7, but even so it's a solid figure I've been waiting years for (I see this droid more as great Mos Eisley and Jawa Sandcrawler diorama fodder more than a Jabba's Palace denizen, but that's just me.)

Sinscia Fat'o
10-08-2007, 12:44 PM
i finally found wave four and five in stores yesterday! I got CZ-4, Animated debut Fett, MC Fett, MC Vader, Star killer hero, UGH Biggs, UGH Vader, and UGH Luke (Yavin). While i passed on all of wave five (Because i ordered them from EE) i did watch how these sold very carefully. I bought my figs very early that morning when i went to break, and by 2 that day they where all gone. This also includes the new legends wave with officer and pit droids. CZ-4 is a great figure, as was star killer hero who i bought for a friend, but it had a hole going straight through the package so i just opened it for myself knowing he was a carded collector. I sold the Fett (For cost) to another friend, and im going to give the MC Vader to another friend for christmas this year, but CZ-4 and the UGH's are for me, since i never found any of the saga UGH i was really excited about getting them since they look so cool, and will be displayed above my lose collection. I don't know about the rest of you but actually seeing product in the stores again really helped my morale in SW collecting.

DarkJedi5
10-10-2007, 09:01 PM
I finally saw most of wave 4 on the pegs today and when I say "most" I mean Luke, Ellis, Umpas, and one CZ-4. I already have the wave thanks to pre-ordering, but I bought the CZ-4 anyway so if some one is still hunting I'm willing to trade.

Snowtrooper
10-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I picked up two CZ-4s and a McVader at Wal-Mart on Monday. I also saw a CZ-4 at KBToys but I left it since I already have enough.

Old Fossil
10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
I have not seen this wave again since my one and only find of a week or so ago. Is this wave warming pegs anywhere? I am interested in particular as to how CZ-4 sells... I know McVader is shipping with other waves, but to the best of my knowledge, CZ is not. I wonder if the droid might not become one of the rarer issues in the TAC line.

Thunderbird
10-15-2007, 08:58 PM
I've seen CZ-4 sitting lately. Maybe not as much as say AOTC Clones, but if I wanted to start a army right now I could easly get a good start. Most of the Wal Mart around me have a few.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2007, 09:34 PM
I'd passed on this wave since I had it on order from EE. I kept waiting since I figured it would be too hard to find the Animated Fett and the two Concept Vaders I wanted. However, today I found the whole wave at Wal-Mart. There were actually several Animated Fetts. That was the first time I had seen it in a while. I only needed one Concept Vader since I already got one from Hasbro. So, I bought the whole wave and cancelled my EE order. Looks like it had been pushed back to January.