PDA

View Full Version : OUCH! Hasbro Hong Kong Recalls Early Shipped E2 Cases

Beast
02-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Well, we've seen multiple auctions on Ebay from people in the orient selling the E2 figures early for outrageous prices. And now Hasbro orders an immediate recall of all the cases that were accidently shipped out. If the same rules apply as with E1 cases to these, anyone breaking streetdate will be barred from future E2 figure orders for a time decided by Hasbro. I sure would hate to be the people that auctioned these off, when they cant return their cases because they sold them. Ouch!

Hasbro HK Recalls EP2 Toys
Mike: In a move aimed to enforce the Lucasfilm imposed street date of April 23rd, Hasbro Hong Kong recalls all Episode 2 toy allocations that have been inadvertently distributed to merchants in that region. The huge guffaw allowed the early leak of AOTC merchandise and the ensuing proliferation of online auctions which clearly violated LFL guidelines. Hasbro HK is paying the tab for the return shipping costs and all merchants are expected to comply.
That was a post of the news story from from Rebelscum (http://www.rebelscum.com/default.asp) , as well as a link to their front page where you can read the information yourself. This is really gonna cause panic to all those ebayers that broke street date to make some extra bucks. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Malakite
02-07-2002, 08:04 PM
Serves them right. :)

Wolfwood319
02-07-2002, 08:47 PM
I'm sure with the money the made selling them on eBay, they couldn't care less what Hasbro does.

They know that the market for these things won't be as big as E1, so they sell them when they're most valuable. And worry about the reprecussions of Hasbro later.

After the new AOTC stuff hits stores in April, they'll only be worth what you pay at your local TRU. Demand for these are going to be very low, and product is going to be very high. People won't have any trouble getting what they want once these things are out. Its the E1 fiasco all over again.

chewie
02-07-2002, 09:01 PM
Well then selling them now would be a good idea if they had them and can't return them, correct? :)

SirSteve
02-07-2002, 09:18 PM
This is not true. There was no "recall". They simply wanted them back because they were sent out early. It's not manditory, there are no defects in the toys.

Beast
02-07-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
This is not true. There was no "recall". They simply wanted them back because they were sent out early. It's not manditory, there are no defects in the toys.

Thanks for the update Sir Steve. I just wanted to share the news with all the loyal SSG forum members. It's to bad that it's not manditory. Perhaps then people that broke street date on Ebay would learn. I know with E1 figure sales that anyone caught breaking streetdate would stop getting shipments for a while. Do you know if the same thing is true for E2 figures?

Either way, you just know that anyone not returning cases would be put on file internally at Hasbro. Hasbro and Lucasfilm both don't sound to happy about what occured with the Ebay figure sales, so who knows what will happen next.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
02-08-2002, 12:41 AM
I wonder if one of'em is gonna sue Ebay. :D

GNT
02-08-2002, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve

But if they wanted them back that would count as a recall,althought not everything will be returned :)

Beast
02-08-2002, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by GNT
But if they wanted them back that would count as a recall,althought not everything will be returned :)

True, you have a point GNT. I just can't wait to hear if the people that don't return them cause they cashed in on Ebay are forbidden from future orders for a while. :D Serves them right if they are. Maybe next time they will follow Hasbro and Lucasfilm's rules and not try to make some fast money from people who can't wait.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-08-2002, 06:45 PM
Come on guys, does it make sense for Hasbro to stop selling/sending product to thier venders? I think not. Hasbro is in it for the $$$ bottom line! This whole thing about street date is asinine. Lucus worries about this crap to much. What he should worry about is the quality of his toys that Hasbro is screwing up. As for E-bay being sued, why! The sellers is responsible for their own listings, not E-bay. One thing I can't believe is the prices that some collectors are willing to pay for these unreleased figures. I mean come on, wait a few months and you will get them for a fraction of what people are paying now. I guess it's one of those things where you have to be the first kid on the block to get the new toy. Ok I'll relax now:)

LTBasker
02-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Well Hasbro or Lucas could make it to where they could sue ebay if they host anymore of the auctions.

Turbowars
02-08-2002, 08:52 PM
If thats the case and Hasbro/Lucus does sue E-bay, all they will do is make themselves look like JACKASSES. Lucus got paid, hasbro got paid, release the toys, and let us play!:crazed:

darkjedi
02-11-2002, 12:47 AM
I agree with you turbowars,NO OFFENSE but how can we know that you guys might be one of them?(selling on ebay).If anyone of you were to get it first,I'm sure you'd do the same thing!:confused: :D :D

Beast
02-11-2002, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by darkjedi
I agree with you turbowars,NO OFFENSE but how can we know that you guys might be one of them?(selling on ebay).If anyone of you were to get it first,I'm sure you'd do the same thing!:confused: :D :D

If I had gotten the figures early, I sure they heck wouldn't have put them up for sale on ebay. I would be cracking those babies open and enjoying them. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
02-11-2002, 12:56 AM
I agree with you turbowars,NO OFFENSE but how can we know that you guys might be one of them?(selling on ebay).If anyone of you were to get it first,I'm sure you'd do the same thing!:confused: :D :D Hey if someone is dumb enough to pay $100 for a $6 figure, sure I would. There's just one problem I don't have them(EP2 figures) and you probably do:)

darkjedi
02-11-2002, 01:18 AM
Thats right,I do have them but I dont think I would open them up if they cost me a bomb!NO OFFENSE AGAIN,Definitely a person with a right mind would sell them & wait for the $6 ones to play with them!:D :D

Turbowars
02-11-2002, 01:39 AM
Thats right,I do have them I knew you did and I bet you have been selling them on e-bay. Tell the truth, it's OK I don't care. I would do the same

darkjedi
02-11-2002, 02:27 AM
SURPRISINGLY as it sounds but the only item I sold was the EPII lightsaber!& it ended at $29.90.the figures I kept for reference & showed around in previous forums.I have been collecting & selling Starwars since 1987!long before ebay was around.I have nearly all the vintage toys cause I have sentimental feelings for them & I dont really care about the prequel toys as I am a 40 year old starwars fan. I only sell them to US dealers at $12US each which in turn will sell them on ebay!:D :D

El Chuxter
10-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Man, I hope this recall doesn't make it tough for me to find that cool Outlander Disguise Anakin figure. :(

2-1B
10-01-2006, 04:09 PM
They should have left those figures in Hong Kong...the crappy action features ones I mean, not the good ones that they made.