PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars 30th Anniversary Question(s)

stevez0r
07-16-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm trying to play catch up with all the Star Wars 30th Anniversary figures being that this will be my first ever Star Wars collection. Is there any place where I can find the first couple waves? Or am I better off with trying to find the individual figures? If so is there a accurate checklist for the first waves?

Is the Star Wars 30th Anniversary Figures to start my collection?

DarkArtist
07-16-2007, 05:37 PM
you can possibly order form both Entertainment Earth and HasbroToyShop.com for either cases from EE or individual figures from Hasbro.
also alot of the first 3 waves are still on the pegs at various Toys R Us, Walmarts and Targets.

as far as a list of figures:

Wave 1

Darth Vader with Coin Album
Mustafar Lava Miner
Mace Windu
Obi Wan Kenobi
Utapau Airborne Trooper
Galactic Marine
Super Battle Droid
R2-D2
McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper

Wave 2

Death Star Trooper
Rebel Honor Guard
Biggs Darklighter X-Wing
McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett
Luke Skywalker Yavin Ceremony
Han Solo Millennium Falcon Gunner

Wave 3

Biggs Darklighter Academy
Luke Skywalker - Moisture Vaporator
Darth Vader with robes of Obi Wan
Jawa with Lin Droid
McQuarrie Concept Chewbacca
Stormtrooper

JON9000
07-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Is the Star Wars 30th Anniversary Figures to start my collection?

Do you mean the best place to start a collection? I say yes, because they are in stores now! However, for a lot of figures 30AC doesn't exactly give you the best version of each character. Ror example, I would never really want a Han Solo with a headset, I would much rather have the VOTC version from 2004. Do you want to "collect them all" or are you more interested in the "best" version of every figure?

Beyond that, do you intend to focus on the original trilogy, or the prequels, or even just a particular scene, or everything? Do you intend to open your figures, or keep them carded?

JediTricks
07-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Most of the first 3 waves are findable in stores right now as they're mixing them into current wave 3 cases, though the McQuarrie figures are hard to find and there are already 2 exclusives of them. This is a decent time to start collecting TAC (30th Anniversary Collection) if you haven't already, but you are going to struggle for the McQuarrie guys.

stevez0r
07-17-2007, 03:25 PM
Do you mean the best place to start a collection? I say yes, because they are in stores now! However, for a lot of figures 30AC doesn't exactly give you the best version of each character. Ror example, I would never really want a Han Solo with a headset, I would much rather have the VOTC version from 2004. Do you want to "collect them all" or are you more interested in the "best" version of every figure?

Beyond that, do you intend to focus on the original trilogy, or the prequels, or even just a particular scene, or everything? Do you intend to open your figures, or keep them carded?I've always wanted to collect Star Wars figure, but GI Joe and Transformers always got in the way. I feel with the 30th AC it will give me a nice little Star Wars collection.